Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    "I have been checking the online order site, but there is no information on the STS or SRX. "

STS guide for 2007 is up now.
    - Ray
    Reading & digesting . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    No indication of axle ratios as far as I can see. But, as I thought, the six speed is the V8 transmission. I expect that the V6 will get the six speed next year when the CTS is redone and most likely will get the six speed.
    Other changes.

I see a few other 2007 changes of potential interest.

The addition of the J56 Brembo brakes (rather than just a pad upgrade for the JE5?) is certainly an upgrade – this carries the same option code as the brakes on the STS-v. And will likely add non-trivial cost to the Performance Handling Package – now called PCZ, and apparently including the QAF tires & Brembos.

And (to my chagrin) the PCZ option is (still) only available on the 1SG.
    ( sigh. )

I’ll save my full rant about STS pricing & option availability for another time . .

It looks to me like the Sunroof (CF5) is now not included in any PEG. But is available on all. Interesting. For someone who prefers NOT to have a sunroof, but wants a 1SF or 1SG, I suppose this is good news.

The 1SD does not appear anywhere. I have never seen one, and last I checked, there was not one in stock at any dealer within 100 miles of Atlanta.

More important (to me) is that now the FE3 MagRide appears to be available on (and included in) the 1SG only????

This again would force me to order a 1SG. Plus a sunroof. Plus PCZ.

[ I drove a 1SE and a 1SF over exactly the same test drive route and the ride \ handling compromise was distinctly better (for me) in the 1SF – and I attribute most if not all of the difference to MagRide. ]

Or, I could specify the 1SG, and Sunroof only, and have a dealer immediately pull the OEM Michelins off the 18 x 8” wheels and have them replaced with something roughly equivalent to the Pilot Sports . . And do without the Brembos.

The only other difference I see (though I do not see direct reference to this) is that the Blackberry exterior color seems to have disappeared.

Too bad. Last time I ‘walked the line’ of STSs at my local dealer, that struck me as a very attractive color. Oh, well.

I wonder how the PEG Stairstep changes will effect pricing. I suppose that will not be released until a July or August.

- Ray
    Watching & waiting . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    I was just looking at leftover 2005's in my area. I found that there are some V6's leftover at some distance. Still, my 2002 SLS has lost too much trade-in value to really consider trading at this time. As far as 2006 model go, one dealer has a few V8's, no V6's; another dealer has no V8's, but a few V6's. The V8's were all 1SF's priced over $60,000.
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    I'm finalizing tomorrow purchase of a base six-cylinder STS. I was able to get it at a price I just couldn't pass up. I'm taking over my wife's Catera; I hope this new Caddy proves to be a little less problematic...
  • quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    I just received the first, of probably many, flyers from one of the local Cad dealers here in South Florida. It's called the "Buy-Back Program" A good price for your trade-in, but more importantly, $10,000 off the MSRP, or 0/0 % financing. Of course, that would be on vehicles in stock, and even at that, maybe not all of the models. But, it's a good indication that the "incentives" will be back to help them clear-out the inventory.
    An e-mail to the Cad Customer Relations people, got me a reply that the STS radios do not have the capability to connect an IPod (or any other Mp3 player), which didn't surprise me. The response went on to recommend that I upgrade to the best radio, and I'd be able to play any cd's, from which I'd burned Mp3 music. I Don't know what the upgrade price of the Bose radio would be, but I'm guessing that the addition of a "line-in" plug might add a buck or two to the manufacturing price.

Actually, I'm more interested in having a lot more people remind Cad that we're now in the 21st century and that a few "upgrades" to the old stand-by radio, would be welcomed! A six-disc cd-player is about as up to date as an 8-track tape player. A hard-drive would be nice, with the ability of downloading a bunch of tunes. That might be too much to ask; but a "line-in"???? I haven't used my 6-disc in years. My Ipod holds 40 gig of memory, now has about 3000 songs, plus audio-books, and enough variety for a long drive. Anyway, if a lot of people "ask", maybe they'll listen.

Thanks, and remember -- Life is Better at the Beach!
    While you have a valid point, I only have a one cd player in my Seville. I would have liked the 6 CD in dash changer, but that was never available on the FWD Seville. I do not have any sort of Mp3 player, iPod or otherwise. The 8-track tapes and players were quite iffy when they were new.
    “Why no "line-in" plug on the head units (radio)?”

I hear you.

For me, with a 6 CD and XM on my current sedan, and no iPod (or similar player) it is a non-issue for me.

But I do know that many others would appreciate this “listening option” – and other manufacturers are offering it. And in the great scheme of things, it would seem relatively easy for Caddy to offer this added feature.

I am afraid that this is indicative of GM’s larger problem \ issue of being able to bring improved Product to market, in a timely manner.

For example, the Caddy STS for 2007 is offering a new version of the six speed automatic. Only on the V8s. And to replace a pretty darned good 5 speed. ( I have driven a couple & reviews have been almost universally positive. ) Not a 4 speed.

One could certainly argue that the V6 versions of the STS would take better advantage of the additional ratio and the substantially wider spread ( between first and sixth gear ) in ratios, given the lower HP & TQ ratings of the V6 vs the V8. But Caddy (apparently) reasons that the V8 is more premium and deserved the most premium ( ? ) transmission - first. Or something like that. I will be very interested to see what GM \ Caddy says about this in their marketing of the 2007 STSs.

I think it is likely that the issue here is available production capacity for the new six speed. I just don’t believe that GM right now has any more money to spend ( or that they could reasonably borrow more money, at their current debt ratings ) to throw at new product development or at increasing capacity for such component manufacturing enterprises as the transmission plants. They have clearly been badly burned by excess capacity issues. And continue to be burned. And even if they had more money to invest here, ramping up ANY production capacity any more quickly probably looks rather risky & fraught with potential peril.

Even taking GM’s fiscal situation into consideration, I am surprised that it looks like the six speed is essentially the only significant change to the 2007 STS. No other additional features are mentioned in what I have read so far.

After 2 model years, I expected more from the 2007 STS. The six speed ( if it provides enhancements where I expect, in the measure I expect ) is important to me. But I expect that many potential customers will not care. Where they might care about a feature like “line-in” for an iPod. Continuous refinement and advancement is required to compete in this segment, in my humble opinion. And I believe that potential customers expect it.

This time, next year, we’ll see if Caddy has more or less STS inventory. Presuming roughly the same production rate, this will determine if GM is right – or I am right.

We’ll see . . .

- Ray
    Thinking a 2007, in 2007, might be available at what I’d consider to be “a good price” . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    In my earlier post, I didn't mean to suggest that the 6-seed changer should be abandoned, just the need for more and better technology, as you have articulated so well. I do agree wholeheartedly that if Caddy is going to run with the "big dogs", they better pay attention. On the other hand, if they're just going to play "catch-up", then maybe their market will have to be a continuing one of rebates and diminished resale values; and maybe that's part of the current business model. After all, if you start comparing the STS with the 5-series, and/or the Audi A-8, you can get a nosebleed at the higher prices that these marques can command.
    I have looked through the radio options on some of GM's other cars and I don't think that they offer the plug in for i-Pods on anything. I do not think that this plugin is a simple matter of soldering a couple of wires on with a plug.
    I have thought about your post on the six speed automatic and that it might benefit the V6 more than the V8. I think the six speed should improve the highway MPG EPA rating somewhat for the V8. It may help the V6 too, but the V6 has much less low end torque which drops off rapidly at lower engine speeds. I think that the V6 needs to run faster at highway cruising speeds than the V8. Still, you are right, the six speed would improve performance for the V6. I think that the six speed axle ratios will need to be different to improve performance for the V8. I can't see the 3.42:1 axle ratio the best ratio for the V8 with six speed.
    It may not be "simple", but it shouldn't be too difficult. But, that's probably why I flunked electrical engineering.

I'm going to experiment on my 2001 Seville STS, to see if I can make it work. I'll let you know if I have any success; (that is, if the car doesn't catch on fire with me in it!) My plan is to find the input for the CD player and use that input for the IPod.

Anyway, no guts -- no glory!

Thanx, and remember -- Life is Better at the Beach!
    “Also, the transmission is calibrated to override the automatic gear selection during closed-throttle and high-lateral acceleration maneuvers, rapidly downshifting with nearly synchronous engine speed matching for quick power-up when the throttle is reopened.”

This wording (nearly synchronous engine speed matching) sounds to me like it ** MIGHT ** mean that my (?) “rev match on downshift” will be a feature for 2007.

http://www.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.co- - m/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=3&docid=26191

- Ray
    Waiting . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter seeks to interview owners of the Cadillac STS-V. If you have one and care to share your story, please e-mail ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 9, 2006 and include your daytime contact information in your response.
    Thanks for your consideration,

Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Like the rest of the "Car Side" of GM, sales are down:

http://www.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.co- - m/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=3&docid=26343

Again, I am not picking on Caddy here - I wonder if 2007 STS's changes will be enough to increase sales significantly.

And if the MSRPs, when announced, will be reduced - as several Ford 2007 products recently were.
    - Ray
    Wondering also if the current Dealer Marketing $$s will help move inventory this time . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Well, I think that the STS sales are about where I would expect them, about 25,000 annually. The CTS is a somewhat cheaper alternative to both the STS and the DTS. Changes for 2007 are almost no change at all, except for the transmission change, which is not going to sell more of them.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    you know, if you have a cassette player, you can buy one of those line in plugs connected to a fake tape, they used to be around so you can play CD's, but i found out they can be used to play MP3 players too. Very cool.

The only problem is, almost no one makes a car with a tape deck anymore, so the obviouse sollution would be to include a Line in for your MP3 player. GM has this feature on its Impala. WHY NOT ON YOUR FLAGSHIP SEDAN?

This needs to be addressed seriously, b/c the STS does have one of the largest nav screens in its class, one of the best AWD systems on the market, amazing Magneride shocks, 15 speaker bose audio and plenty of advanced features, all of which cost more money than this simple feature. It would really suck if this car, about to revieve one of the most advanced transmissions in the world, is considerred infferrior due to a lack of simple technology.

meybe the problem is GM is offering to many different options with this car, too many ratios too many transmissions too manyoption pakcages, and NOT ENOUGH OPTIONS! Oh, well, hopefully this will change soon, the difference here is that GM has an excellent product, they just need to keep it fresh.
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    Local delivery ordered 2006 last fall for inventory. Could buy over weekend with no miles on it for $32,995 Lists for $44,380 Base with 1SB I passed because of winter issues. Are you seeing this type price in your area?
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    No,they haven't seemed to be that low in Tidewater, Virginia..Where are you?
    I'm about to get a base car($41,700)for $34,000(plus some other discounts).
  • cumptrnrdcumptrnrd Member Posts: 53
    I'm getting ready to buy an STS V6 with the Luxury Performance package. Other cars I was considering were the E350, A6 3.2, and 530i (I'm not considering any Japanese offerings for personal reasons), and the Caddy was just the best deal considering price and options, especially the AWD. Also, I've read only good things about it. The TMV price is $3k cheaper than the discount my employer offers.

I just had a few questions before I went out price shopping:
    1. Does anyone have any gripes at all about the car?
    2. Does anyone out there think the AWD is worth it?
    3. I think I read that the '07 would be coming with a 6-speed... Should I wait?
    4. Does anyone know of any other major changes in the near future? I was thinking about a CTS, but not with a redesign planned for the '08...
    5. Any other tips/comments

Thanks
    "3. I think I read that the '07 would be coming with a 6-speed... Should I wait? "

6 speed automatic only on the V8 versions for 2007, as far as what I have seen plublished.
    - Ray
    V8 Torque Addict . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • baltomanbaltoman Member Posts: 43
    I have an 05 STS V6 Lux. 3 year lease. Took delivery in April 05. Almost 14K on it. Not a hiccup. Only regret is I did not get enough options. The V6 is torquey and quick for most drivers. I will probably get an 08 STS when my lease is up. I like driving American and with the STS I found I don't have to give up quality or performance to do it. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

I can't address the AWD as I do not have it.
    The 08 STS will see minor cosmetic changes on the front and
    have clear rear tail-lights according to the car mags.
    6 speed is V8 only at this time. The 5 speed is excellent. I hope the 6 speed will be as good a performer.
    Enjoy !
  • cumptrnrdcumptrnrd Member Posts: 53
    Thanks for the advice. Does anybody have any dealership recommendations for the Chicagoland area (north suburbs)?
  • dukeofdallasdukeofdallas Member Posts: 52
    I'm thinking of getting an '05 V6 is the next month or so. I'm wondering what are the most common problems that owners are having w/ the V6 STS so I know what I should keep my eye open for while shopping?
    a white one yesterday. I had to stop to stare at it. With the LED rear lights and the HID front, it really offeststhe white coor well. In white, it seems to make the car look more expensive and 'younger' if thats the right term. Very cool car. It was a V8, BTW.
    From the Caddy web site today:
    2006 STS 0.00% APR For 60 months for Qualified GMAC buyers. Monthly payment is $16.67 for every $1000 you finance. Example down payment is: 30.4%. Some customers will not qualify. Take delivery by 7/5/06. See dealer for details.
    2022 X3 M40i
  • justgreat47justgreat47 Member Posts: 100
    that could have been me!! picked up a white diamond with light gray interior, 06 sts6. had to get the 1sb rather than the 1sc due to the sunroof in the 1sc and couldn't live with the lack of headroom. absolutely the best color combo in my book...thanks to my kids for that...i wanted to get the light platinum with the black interior but they convinced me on the diamond white.

i am totally pleased with the car...i cannot recall driving an automatic that has such an intuitive shift pattern. very much like a manual...it doesn't have the coasting of a long-legged final drive drivetrain..very sweet.

the car is a tank as far as solidity is concerned...i just can't say enough good things about the car.

as far as the performance of the v6 is concerned i am totally pleased with it, the real secret there is the 3.42 gears. it's refreshing to see "performance" (a relative term for sure) gearing. interesting side note; the mileage numbers were increased significantly with no apparent change to the drivetrain...18/27 city and hiway...it sounds like smoke and mirrors to me...but time will tell for real world numbers.

jackg
    The MPG rating is about the same as the CTS. The V6 should get better mileage than the V8, but the base axle ratio on the V8 is 2.73:1 which should produce good highway mileage.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    And? The $5K incentive on the STS didn't work so why would this one?
    “And? The $5K incentive on the STS didn't work so why would this one?”

And – nothing.

I did not in my post suggest that it would or would not work any better or worse than any other GM promotion.

I was just posting the information here, as soon as I saw it, due to the relatively short duration of this particular promotion.

In case anyone might be interested.

I have no idea why this would work – but apparently some GM Marketing Geniuses think it will help.

This particular offer does not sway me, but I happen to be waiting to drive a 2007 V8 with the new six speed manumatic. But I thought it might be of interest to others.

I could be wrong.
    - Ray
    NOT a Marketing Genius . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    . . is now up on Edmunds.
    2022 X3 M40i
    where I live there seems to be a $6,000 incentive on the STS, but not with 0% or other financing offers.
  • justgreat47justgreat47 Member Posts: 100
    i love to shop, but hate to buy. when my beloved 4.5 90seville was totalled by the ins company after being rear-ended by a 16 year old, the wife said i HAD to get a car...when i heard the 5k deal, i signed the papers for an 06 sts6 1sb/nav/5.1. would i have waited for the drivetrain upgrades? absolutely, it's always better to have the dough in the bank than on the table, in my book, but; it was time to buy and idon't fit into many cars being 6'4" most of the imports in the 196" range are too tight, especially in the hips and shoulders AND they don't have the caddy's ride.

jackg

jackg
  • msanbakermsanbaker Member Posts: 1
    after the car is started, the lights on flashes on the instrument cluster, also the tail lights and front side blinkers flash on and off for about 2 minutes....any ideas
    Meybe you can post some D3 photos, the one i saw of the STS made the car look horrible. It made it look like someone who had no sence of style put the biggest rims possible on this car to make it look just awful... Like those cheap little compacts you see with 22's on them! Who are these people kidding...

Rims belong on some cars, like Escallade that made a name for itself with the rap and celebrity scene. Good, also many of the GM trucks of even a few years ago had wheels way too small and rims fixed that. This car is one of those that facotry wheels seem to fit it perfectly (I mean the 18's) and the 19's on the V are good b/c the rest of the car was modified to taste. I love chrome, but if they want the STS to be escalladish they will need to give a redesign.

While the car in its present form may lack some 'exicment' I don't think its that bad in its higher trim levels, especially the V.

I thought D3 was some engine tuner or something, taking a car, adding a lip and putting 22's on it does not qualify as world standard parts. If people buy it great, then more sales for Cadillac but so far what I see is unimpressive.

The good news is, that more companies and people seem to be taking notice of Cadillac.
  • sweetdtssweetdts Member Posts: 1
    Can you please email me the DTS overide instructions and code.
    The new 07' Silverado/Sierra pics are finally out for the world to see. However, GM has FAILED to include the new automatic 6-speed tranny. They say they do not have enough on inventory to be offered just yet. This transmission has 2 over-drive gears. Which will help reduce engine demand/gas consumption. What tranny is in the 06' STS? Anyone know?
    I THINK I JUST ANSWERED MY STUPID QUESTION. DriveTrain
    5-speed shiftable automatic transmission rear wheel drive
    The 2007 V8 STS will get the new six speed, which was also on the 2006 STS_V.
    Highway fuel consumption really depends on the final overall ratio, not how many overdrive ratios there are. There really is no difference in having an overdrive of 0.7:1 with an axle ratio of 3.70:1; or, no overdrive (1:1 high gear) and an axle ratio of 2.56:1. The difference would be in the low gear ratio, but if both transmissions are 4 speeds, then the one with the 1:1 high gear will probably have a lower first gear, perhaps 4:1 instead of 3:1.
  • pbeerspbeers Member Posts: 26
    exactly right, it's all just ratios. The six-speed auto is a must do item for GM though.
    Some additional thoughts on the transmissions. The old FWD STS had a 3.71:1 axle ratio while the SLS had a 3.11:1 ratio. The overdrive was a 0.68:1 ratio, which gave the base Seville a 26 MPG highway rating. The STS did not get a different rating for some time, but when the Pontiac Bonneville got the northstar with the 3.71:1 gears, it was rated at 24 MPG highway, and I think the STS, DTS were rated at 24 MPG highway too. What this means is that with the high performance gearing, the engine runs about 20% faster, resulting in 2 MPG less on the highway.

The RWD V8 STS has a 2.73:1 base axle ratio, which is rated 26 MPG highway with the 5 speed automatic. The 0.75 overdrive ratio on the 5 speed give an overall final drive ratio of 2.05:1. The new six speed automatic has an overdrive ratio of 0.67:1. With the 3.23:1 axle ratio, the 6 speed has a final overall ratio of 2.16:1, very nearly the same as the 5 speed with the base gearing. Thus, one might expect the highway fuel economy with the 3.23:1 axle ratio to be about 26 MPG. The AWD should improve to, perhaps to 25 MPG highway. The 3.23:1 axle ratio runs the engine about 20% faster than the 2.73:1 axle ratio.

With the 3.23:1 axle ratio and the six speed automatic, the overall low gear ratio is about 13:1, while the 5 speed low gear, with the 3.42:1 axle ratio was 11.7:1. So, with the new transmission, the 3.23:1 axle should produce about the same performance as the 5 speed automatic with the 3.42:1 axle ratio, but still provide better highway fuel economy. Performance with the 1SG package was not much better than the base gears in Car & Driver's testing. I have not seen a magazine test of the 1SF package. It seems to me that the new transmission should come with a new set of axle ratios. The 3.42:1 axle seemed to have way too much power in low gear as it was, however, my guess is that the 3.42:1 gearing was better for the European autobahn where speeds well over 100 MPG are legal.
  • jim_mckeonjim_mckeon Member Posts: 17
    I just test drove the 07 Buick Lucerne, and they have it.

This is a huge bugaboo for me as well - it's been what, 4 freakin' years since the iPod got popular? And as an electrical engineer, believe me, this is the *easiest* possible modification they could make to the car. A cigarette lighter is more complicated. Very disappointing, but maybe they'll have it on the '07.
  • jim_mckeonjim_mckeon Member Posts: 17
    I'm considering leasing either an 06 or 07 STS V6 in the Bay Area. Anyone done so lately? If so, what were the terms? The lease offers on Caddy's website look too good to be true - $369/mo + 2200 down before you add options. Curious what the real world looks like.

BTW, why is there no "Prices Paid and Buying Experience" forum for this model?
  • vabrianvabrian Member Posts: 1
    I have my original 99 STS with 32k miles. Never a problem, but now right front passenger window wont go up. Heard what sounded like a bolt or such pop off. I would like to take off the door panel and take a look, but I dont know how. No noticeable way to undo, anyone know how to take off a 99 STS front door panel? 28JUL06
    Good question about NO prices paid section. Maybe Edmunds think anyone who buys a Caddy has so much "cashola" that prices paid is irrelevant.
    I have also done some Excel Calculatin’ ( cypherin’ ? ) regarding the gearing.

If I need to buy a 1SG in order to have the final drive ratio I want ( whatever that turns out to be ) and several other items that I consider necessary to make the STS a very sporting Sedan, then I will not be happy. The 3.42 was previously only available with 1SG RWD.

The ( apparent ) primary assumption behind the Preferred Option Group and availability of stand alone options ( of interest to me ) set-up and pricing for the 2005 & 2006 V8 STS is that if a customer would like the sportiest version of a RWD Sport Sedan, that customer would also want most every available luxury & convenience option as well. ( For 2007, the PCZ follow-on to the QAF Performance Handling Package is only available as an option on the 1SG. That the FE3 Magnetic Ride Control and the Limited Slip Differential and the Premium Steering Gear are included only with & only available now with 1SG, for 3 particularly annoying examples. )

The 2007 Order Guide appears to confirm that the 2007 version will be similar. Or even worse.

I happen to think that BMW’s strategy is more reasonable: You can choose the Sport Package, including similar equipment changes to the STS’s PCZ plus Sport Seats, with or without the Premium Package on the 5 & 3 Series Sport Sedans. There are also some individual options ( Uplevel Sound System, Navigation System & Satellite Radio, for 3 examples ) that one can order or not, as one desires, regardless of Package(s) ordered. Thus, one can configure a very sporting BMW, with or without adding a lot of high priced luxury \ convenience options, if you so desire.

Since I enjoy listening to a good sound system, but do not require Audiophile Quality while driving, the standard system in such cars as these is typically fine with me.

Since I would likely only find real use in a Navigation System once or twice a year, in my driving, I happen to see no need to spend $1,500+ for that feature.

I had hoped that 2007 might mark a change in marketing strategy regarding this sort of option bundling & availability – particularly since 1. ) there appears to be nothing else beyond the new six speed trans. that has been changed \ improved for MY 2007 and 2. ) my sense is that MY 2006 sales have not been outstanding.

I am most emphatically ** NOT ** suggesting that Cadillac somehow degrade or dilute the Brand by offering any sort of cut-rate product.

I am suggesting that I ( for one ) would strongly prefer to be able to configure and buy a Cadillac Sport Sedan the size of an STS, with a Northstar V8 and a six speed manumatic and LSD and Magnetic Ride Control and a Performance Handling Package, a Limited Slip Differential, Premium Steering – and a stereo system that is good enough for a 1SE, no Navigation System, no heat for the rear seats and etc.

I was actually quite encouraged when I read the fact that the Sunroof is no longer included in any package, and is a separate option – available but not required at any trim \ PEG level. Then I read the rest of the Order Guide. . .

And I am still absolutely amazed that for an STS to be equipped with a HUD, in any form, first requires stepping up to the 1SG – when a very functional HUD was standard on my 2005 GM Sedan, purchased new for well under $30K.

Good as I expect the dynamics of a 2007 V8 six speed 1SG ( with a final drive ratio that will result in both improved acceleration and ‘real world’ MPG, and with PCZ ) to be, I also expect that this very interesting & capable Sport Sedan will be priced beyond what I’ll want to pay. Well North of $60K. ( Since a 2006 1SG starts at over $61K. )

If only Caddy would allow me to ‘have it my way’.

We shall see . . .

- Ray
    Still waiting for additional 2007 information to be officially released . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
This discussion has been closed.