Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    Does the $26350 include the protection package? How much is the doc fee?

I looked back over about a month worth of posts in here and have seen posted prices ranging from 25374 to 27250, some including doc fee, others not. The median seems to be around 26K, with some decent clustering near that figure. In light of that $26,3 with the protection package doesn't sound all that bad.

Can you get a better price than 26350? Maybe. But how much better, and how much effort will it take to get there? I read somewhere that a good rule for negotiating is to be sure you make (i.e. save yourself) $50 an hour. But that was 10 years ago, and now I'd want to make $75-100 an hour to go thru this process. Make one more counter-offer (be sure it includes doc fee and tell them that), and see where it gets you.

If I felt more comfortable with the 5-6 shift, and could get one out the door for $26,5 + ttl I'd be doing some paperwork myself.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • drewbadrewba Member Posts: 154
    Sounds about like my experience 6 weeks ago. Acura of Bellevue quoted me around $27,000 in person; Acura of Lynnwood $26,500 via e-mail; Hinshaw's let me walk out the door when I was ready to buy with a best offer of around $26,800 and I ended up buying from Acura of Seattle at $26,450. All prices included the protection package.

My impression at the time, and it sounds that way still, is that purchasing a TSX for anywhere near invoice isn't happening in the Seattle market.
  • stillageekstillageek Member Posts: 114
    I have bought a few cars (6 to be exact I am 28 years old). I don't like to pay too much....but I don't want to screw the dealer either. It would be great if we all paid invoice because hey the dealer gets a hold back right? True, but there are a lot of bills to pay to run a car lot. I paid $27,995 + TTL for my 05 TSX auto W/Navi. I got tint and wheel locks free. Could I have done better? After all invoice including destination is $27,175. Maybe. But the buying experience was nearly hassle free. The dealer made $800 on the car plus his holdback. Eight hundred dollars over the next 39 months isn't even going to effect me. If it does affect someone...should they be buying an Acura? I see those people the same way I see those complaining about having to put in Premium and asking if it's really needed. Acura says it's needed, it's a premium car so whats the big deal of spending around $200 extra a year to put gas in it? A good price on a car is one you feel most comfortable with and is fair for both parties. I would have paid MSRP for my car, it's a heck of a deal at that price.
  • saviosavio Member Posts: 12
    Time is your friend. The 06 models are getting ready to come out so I would be on the look out for deals. The 06 TSX will have a different styling than the 05 with other additives like bluetooth and an input in for IPODs, etc. Once the 06 hits the market, you can get the 05s for invoice but if you want to wait for the 06, it'll be a bit nicer.

I have a 05 TSX no nav and have been enjoying it since april. I paid 27,500 in NC with TTL included in that price.
  • loubearloubear Member Posts: 1
    i went there on a whim after doing a little bit of research online (just so i wouldn't get screwed completely). by chance, i ended up getting the internet manager as my salesman. within the first few minutes of talking i told him i wanted to know the lowest price he'd offer me noting that i came in after some research online suggested the tsx to be a good car. he flat out said $25,600 for a non-navi. i took up his offer. i know i probably could have done even better, but for an initial offer from a dealer it sounded good and i didn't really feel like wasting my time trying to work it lower. just wanted to let you know that the guys here are very easy and obviously fair. a no
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    Sounds like a good deal... You did your homework, and knew when you were getting a good deal...

Knowing a good price when you see it, doesn't help if you can't pull the trigger..

Congratulations...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

For any recent purchasers of TSX's that financed thru AHFC (Honda), what sort of rates are people getting on these puppies? I know there's no special rate out there, but had to wonder if Honda is beating the likes of e-loan and Capital One.
  • laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    I haven't made my purchase yet but Acura in Ontario is offering 2.99% for 24- 60 months on a new 2005 TSX. I'm hoping it will eventually trickle down to the U.S. Here is the Acura Canada site. http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Purchasing/SummerSpecial/SummerSpecial.htm

Here is a specific link to one of the dealer sites http://www.terracegateacura.com/specials.html
  • wheeldeal123wheeldeal123 Member Posts: 3
    I also may be buying a TSX in the Seattle area. Have not started contacting dealers yet. What type of deal did you get? Please specify what the price includes - protection package, D&H, TTL? I am comparing it to the new Passat (not officially launched) and the Accord EX V6. Any opinions on those 3 choices? The Accord V6 has the quickest engine and has nice features and is cheapest, the Passat has a nice turbo 4cyl 200hp with good torque, so the TSX has the slowest engine but I love the styling/design/features. Also, I've read some posts about the stereo system having issues. Let me know what you've experienced.
  • bda1947bda1947 Member Posts: 20
    Where did you get your info about the changes to the TSX? What kind of styling changes and when do you expect them to hit the market??? :shades:
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    I test drove the TSX. Its acceleration is not as good as the Accord-V6 when the AC is on. But I do like its interior and some of the features.
  • mt56mt56 Member Posts: 15
    I'm in the market for an 05 TSX within the next 2 weeks. The only dealership that is willing to correspond through e-mail with me is Sterling Acura of Austin, and the internet manager won't budge on his $26,500 price quote on a black auto, non-navigation. What can I do to make him go down? He says that the last TSX he sold was at sticker price, and last month, they were on a waiting list for TSXs, so there is no reason to sell them at or near invoice. Help! I don't want to get taken advantage of.

Hook 'em horns!
  • weno2weno2 Member Posts: 38
    Why bother w/buying the car there? You're only eighty miles from SA, and a tolerable drive to Houston and DFW.

When I lived in SA, I flew to Houston to test drive an Acura (1986 - wasn't a dealership in SA), bought an Integra, and drove it back home.

If you can get a savings of - at least - $500, elsewhere, pay the cost of the flight and buy the car elsewhere.
  • laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    Sticker! Yeah right. He's just trying to play hardball. He knows Austin is a small market. They gave me that price a month ago. Just email the four DFW dealerships and the four in Houston, 1 in Beaumont, 1other in Austin. Show him what quotes you are offered and tell him to beat it or lose the sale. They DFW dealers quote around invoice and so are others in other cities. I've had no problems getting quotes via internet. Try John Eagle in Houston. They seemed to be pretty responsive and reasonable. More competition, more willing to flex. Either go through the Edmunds site to make the request, or go to each of the individual dealership sites. Let him know you are shopping a large area and willing to travel to the best deal. If he still doesn't want to bend, even with the '06's a little over a month away, then make the drive to Houston or San Antonio, or even an $85 1 hour flight to DFW, might be worth it to save a thousand or more dollars. All of the dealerships are about 20 minutes max from the airport.
    Pick up a phone... or, get in your car...

Anything you encounter that is icky, will come off in the shower.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What price should I aim for? I've been reading on this forum, and $25,300 - $25,600 is what I've heard. Can I get it lower since the 2006 models are coming out soon??
    "Even if you were able to find someone selling TSX's at invoice, with the first set of $900 tires that you got for free from us, you would already be getting the same deal. After that each free set of tires would only increase your savings."

That's what the guy at Sterling Acura of Austin told me. I don't know anything about tires, but do they really cost that much??? Sounds like bs.

Help me here!
    Forget about "free tires"... The chances of you meeting all of the requirements of the program, then actually wanting to replace just one or two tires at a time, make it really worth nothing....

Concentrate on the price of the car...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Ask the service manager how many TSX owners have gotten $900 worth of tires free. If he's honest he'll tell you - zero.

With an attitude like that I'm not sure you'd even want to have your car serviced there.
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    Yes...agreed...avoid the gimmicks and attempts by the dealers to cloud the deals.

Also...you just have to wonder what would happen if you didn't rotate the tires as they expected, didn't get alignments, have road hazards (bet they won't cover that), etc.

Get a good price and don't fall for the gimmicks.
  • manavimanavi Member Posts: 150
    We live in Pflugerville and we dealt with both of the Austin Acura dealerships when we were TSX shopping.

I can give you the scoop:

To qualify for the "free tires" from Sterling Acura, you have to allow them to do every recommended maintenance item at their dealership. That's going to include their ??,000-mile maintenance services that are $200+ dollars each and are usually no more than an oil change, tire rotation, and brake check. Miss just one of those and you will not qualify for any free tires. (BTW, oil changes at Sterling are a reasonable $29.95.)

Sterling also offers free car washes for life to everyone that buys a car from them. We ended up buying our TSX from a dealer in Houston, but Sterling agreed to free car washes for us anyways in exchange for letting them put their dealership license plate frames on our car. So, no matter where you get your Acura, take it to Sterling and let them put their own license plate frames in exchange for free car washes. The car washes usually take about 30 minutes and are about equivalent to what you would get driving through one of those automatic car washes. But, they have a nice waiting area inside.

Finally, Sterling was the least willing to deal of all the Acura dealers upon first contact. But, in the end they were willing to match any dealer's price in the state of Texas, which was invoice price. The only reason we didn't end up buying from them was because we (read: "I") wanted a specific car and it was only in Houston: a red on black 6-speed.

Good luck with your shopping. If you are not looking for a particular transmission/color combination, you should be able to get a TSX for invoice. Even in the Austin area. ;)
  • ajhun9ajhun9 Member Posts: 5
    Calimack,

could you please post the price john eagle quoted before tt&l and what was included? i was just quoted $26.3k before ttl for a non-nav automatic. talked to avery.

Thanks.
    Talked to a dealer in Raleigh about a new TSX 6-speed, non-Navi... he quoted me $26598 (after his doc fee, but before TTL). Catch is he'd have to source the car from somewhere else (has no 6-speeds in stock), and he figured that into the quote.

My local Acura dealer here in Wilmington has the car (even the right color!) in stock and did give me a test drive, and threw a nice number at my trade ('02 Accord V6 coupe), so I'll damn well give him a chance first... if I could just pull the trigger. Damn long-term fiscal responsibility!
    i was also quoted $26,300 from john eagle for a/t, non-navigation.
  • steven21401steven21401 Member Posts: 1
    On 8/5/05 I bought a TSX w/Navi Black/Ebony for $27,395.00 at Criswell Acura in Annapolis. That price includes the destination charge and installed wheel locks and mud flaps (they come with the car at Criswell). It does not include anything else, such as taxes, plates, etc. I hope this information helps.
    mt56, any luck with others in the houston or surrounding areas? sterling mccall came in at $26.7k today. i was surprised by sterling since they bid very aggressively on lexuses.

gillman never called me back and champion said they'd call back tomorrow. i didn't push john eagle to get lower, but may do that in the next day or two. thanks and good luck.
    I'll give you all the quotes I have for an automatic, non-nav.

John Eagle - $26,300
    Sterling McCall of Houston - $26,495
    Champion Gulf Freeway - I told them David McDavid of Austin quoted me $25,700, and the guy said he can match it, but not beat it...it was hard to contact them
    Gillman never called back either.

Sterling Acura of Austin - $26,250
    David McDavid of Austin - $25,700

Gunn of San Antonio - $26,399 (they are a non-negotiable dealer)

Goodson in Irving - $26,072
    David McDavid of Plano - $26,086
    Mac Churchill of Fort Worht - $25,900
    Vandergriff of Arlington - $25,800

I bought my TSX today...$25,700 from David McDavid in Austin...probably could have gotten a little lower, but they were not budging. Oh well...it was the lowest quote I got in Texas, so I took it.

Good luck!!
  • manavimanavi Member Posts: 150
    That's a fair price. Now don't forget to go get your Sterling Acura license plate frames. :D
    thanks for the info! enjoy your new car. i'll have to do a bit more legwork since the car is actually for my brother in baton rouge. little to no competition there, so he'll probably come to texas to do the deal. thanks again.
  • kap2406kap2406 Member Posts: 6
    Bought my TSX today. Meteor blue, auto, non-navi.Paid 28,500.00 out the door. Got it from Acura of Seattle. Took a whole day. Started at Lynwood, tried to get it for 28000 out the door, but 28,500 was there lowest. Seattle would do the same thing. Did not go Bellevau, went to Fife instead. They would not go below 29,500. So I went back to Seattle. got it from them, however I got "limited" protection package - they took trunk tray out :P . It was pain in the butt to drive back on the highway - almost 90 miles at speeds between 50-60 :sick: But finally, made home. So far I am a very satisfied customer. :D
  • proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    What was the price before TTL ?
  • kap2406kap2406 Member Posts: 6
    price before was 25,954.86... Now thinking about it, it isnt the greatest deal, but oh well, I am happy with my car
    That is a good deal.... It seems the best deals are between $25,500-$26,000..

Being happy with the car is the most important thing...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Congrats on the car. I'm sure you will love it, more and more as you drive it. You're right about Hinshaws Acura (Fife). They absolutely will not budge on pricing. I ended up buying mine in Spokane just to spite them (18 months ago), because I got a great price, a great deal on my trade-in, and hassle-free dealings with their internet manager. It was an easy, painless transaction. Well, as painless as a $26,000 purchase can be! :P

Plus half my break-in was taken care of on the drive back! :)

Well, off to HempFest. Enjoy your car!

Johnny
    ...price before was 25,954.86... Now thinking about it, it isnt the greatest deal....

After doc fee?

It's AFTER doc fee, but before TTL that we can all compare apples to apples.
    That's a good deal for the Northwest. Lowest around here I've heard is around $26,500.
  • adigiulianadigiulian Member Posts: 2
    I just put my down payment down this morning on an 05 black on black non navi automatic for $25,500 including splash guards and door visors. I'm real happy with the deal.
    What dealership did you get that deal at?
  • adigiulianadigiulian Member Posts: 2
    Sorry I got it from Maryland actually. Criswell Annapolis.
  • deja_bluedeja_blue Member Posts: 3
    this is my first time buying a new car, so i need help as much as i can for a good deal in socal area. anyone who bought in socal, please tell me what is the best and lowest price in socal for out the door pirce. thanks
  • dougtsxdougtsx Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote from Norm Reeves Acura in Temecula, Ca for a carbon grey acura TSX, auto, w/ nav, protection pkg, wood trim kit for $27,600. That includes dest charges and doc fees. What do you all think of this price?? Good enough to pull the trigger?? Thanks :)
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Good enough for me to pull the trigger.
    hey dougtsx is the price you got from Temecula out-the-door price or what. thanks
    Good price....especially since you have the wood trim kit.

Norm Reeves Acura in Temecula is a great place and the internet manager there makes it easy to buy. Don't you agree?
    It includes everything except tax and license.
    Look up and down this board over the past month to get the pricing you are seeking.... do a little leg work as we all did.
    So far he has been great and he has made this very easy. I hope they don't try and pull anything at the last minute. I looked through about the last months of posts for what people are paying. This price seems fair but not much data from other socal acura tsx purchases.
  • racnoracno Member Posts: 6
    Just bought my Acura TSX for Invoice + 500. I think the dealer would have sold it for invoice if i had bargained harder but this is not a bad deal. I had to pay a doc fee of 55 but there was no other hidden fees. 25840(approx)+55.95+Taxes. The dealer did try to increase the price in the last minute because carbon grey color was in high demand - I walked out and he called me 10 minutes later on my phone. He also mentioned it was a Costco price - not sure if that helps.
  • eusnlleusnll Member Posts: 10
    !!! Much Worse than snake-oil salesman !!!

I went to get a Certified 2005 TSX Demo and negotiations broke down ( Internet mgr had promised something ) floor mgr said something else. Left after wasting hours and contacted the internet mgr by e-mail & he restarted some negotiations. Upped my offer but wanted tint& they wouldn't even do that for free.Offered discount on that. I accepted over phone and set up time after work.

When I reached the dealership, I was told they just sold that particular vehicle. Inspite of telling me that they will have it tinted & ready the car was not tinted. They had my phone #s including Cell.

No ethics , not straight forward will never trust them again. :mad:

I'll have to try Vandergriff , it seems that they are better.