Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• johnnycnotejohnnycnote Member Posts: 6
    Now that the '06 TSX is coming out, does anyone have any ideas on what sort of deals may be available on an '05? I'm hoping they'll have a few left by Feb because I want to use my tax refund for part of the down payment....
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Given the nice upgrades coming with 2006 TSX's, you should be able to find solid deals on remaining '05's. What those deals amount to would be wholly dependent on your region and the dealer you are negotiating with.

Just be prepared to play hardball. I'm not sure what would be left by February, but you should be able to find something.

Frankly, I'd still shop the '06's. You may end up paying 2-3K more, but you'll get some nice features not available on the '05's. More ponies, too. :shades:
    Thanks for the reply! Fortunately, a friend at work used to sell Acuras, so he's going to help me when the time comes. A lot depends on what the bank will give (er, lend) me...
  • lilredcorvtlilredcorvt Member Posts: 21
    I checked the site today, it shows up now...it may have been a glitch in their site the first time I check. Thanks for the follow up. :)
  • sksjedisksjedi Member Posts: 22
    Anyone with any experience in the Houston area? Looking for 2005 TSX non navi. thanks!
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Dealer just quoted me 25,750 for an '05 TSX w/o navigation. It's $500 below carsdirect price but still a few hundred over invoice. With the 06's due in 10 days, should I get a lower price for the car?
    I got this response from one of the local dealers today:

The Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $28,505.00
    The Manufacturers Factory Invoice which is (Dealer Cost) is $25,934.00
    DUVAL ACURA SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE is: $37,214 plus tax and fees and this Price will Only be Honored thru the Internet Department.
    Our price includes a Special Acura Protection Package which includes (Splash Guards, Trunk Tray and Wheel Locks) - a $375.00 value at no charge to you which is included in the above Price to you.

I have to assume the $37,214 is a typo, and should be $27,214. I've already been approved by my credit union for $25,000, and I'm selling my current car ('01 Altima) to my mother, so I should be in a good bargaining position.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and/or advice. I'm going to go tomorrow (Sat) and at least test drive one. There's another dealer on the other side of town, so maybe I can get them into a bidding war. Also, are those Vehicle InfoPaks worth the money?
  • lexusoracuralexusoracura Member Posts: 13
    is that for NON NAVI right?
    RE: is that for NON NAVI right?

That's correct....
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    $26,500 would be a good price for the car. People have already bought 06s for 5-700 over invoice. The $375 package that they are offering you costs them virtually nothing - that should not even come into play. Considering some of the great deals some people have been able to get on 06s I'm wondering if there's some money under the table Honda is offering to the dealers we don't know about. Only 1200 or so TSXs sold last month vs. the usual 2500 in other months. The week before xmas would be a good time to buy.
    I believe Honda/Acura offers a 3% dealer holdback, so you're probably right.
    I'm not talking about holdback - everyone knows about that. I'm talking about extra Honda -> dealer money that no one (other than the dealer) knows about. Honda does this quite often on the Honda side of its business. It's never published but you sometimes can get it out of the dealers that there's some other money under the table to move certain cars.

Like with the 05 Accords over the summer. People were getting them for what it seemed like a loss to the dealer. In reality, Honda was giving the dealer money to move them - to the tune of over $1000 per car. People who did a lot of research could find out about this, but Honda didn't advertise it.

Somehow I can't see many dealers letting TSXs sell for just holdback+500. The TSX is not a high volume car where you could afford to make just a few hundred $ per car and stay in business.
  • fuhjaifuhjai Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me what they're paying for 2006 TSXs with navigation? They are starting to show up at dealers in the Central and Northern Virginia areas. The lowest I've been quoted from any dealer was about $800 below MSRP, which is still a good $2,000 over invoice. They are in high demand and short supply, for sure, but has anyone been able to work the price down or are dealers holding firm to MSRP? (I'll drive 500 miles if it'll save me a thousand bucks) Thanks in advance for any responses!
  • fuhjaifuhjai Member Posts: 3
    You said, "Considering some of the great deals some people have been able to get on 06s..."

Can you tell me what deals you are talking about? All the dealers I've talked to won't go below $1500 over invoice. Is that the best I can do?

Does anybody know any dealers in the mid-Atlantic region that are willing to do more like $500 over invoice? I'd buy tomorrow if I found one!
    I sealed the deal for $26,960 including window tint & a front nose guard film that looked like a good idea because we get lots of bugs in Florida. They had 2 05's on the lot, one with and one without navigation. I was tempted to get the one without, but they said a blue one (my first choice) was on the boat and expected by the 15th, so I decided to wait for that.

I have a feeling they wanted to keep their last 2 on the lot for test drive purposes. Also, the difference in price was less than $1000, so I didn't see much of an advantage in getting the '05, especially in light of the increased power and other features of the '06.

I declined the warranty and serice plan as it didn't seem to be that much of a savings in the long run. Overall it was probably as pleasant as I could have expected. The salesman said several times that the other dealership in town was making an "agressive" offer. I called them after the test drive and they said they didn't have any TSX's in stock and didn't have a firm idea of when the 06's would be in, so that pretty much settled that.

In any event, it's too late to go back now (at least I think so), and I'll keep you posted on how long it takes to arrive. Thanks for all the help!
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    My wife and I have been deciding on our next car for some time now, and we have chosen to purchase a 2006 TSX (strongly considered the TL).

I live in WV and there are no dealerships close, but I have several within a 3 hr drive.

I have e-mailed several dealerships and told them I plan to purchase an '06 TSX without navigation between now and March. I said I would like to buy it before Christams (and give my wife a present) if the price was right. I have no trade in, and I want the protection package (floor mats, mud guards) included.

I asked them to provide a complete price including all fees for this car. I told them not to include TTL. I told them that I expect the quotation to be less than $27K, and that I have references I could provide of others buying this car for less than $27K.

I just sent this out a few minutes ago, so no replies yet. I will let everyone know how it goes. Any other advice? Do you think I should be able to get the '06 without navigation before Christmas for under $27K?

Thanks
    There have been some folks in some places that have had connections that have gotten invoice+700 delas but those seem to be rare.

I've heard that $500 off sticker seems to be going rate around the DC area (someone bought one (6MT/NHP) yesterday for $1000 off sticker at Radley) another $1000 off could be had in NJ (Bridgewater Acura).
    It all depends on inventory. Normally this would be a good time of the year to get a discount but with the cars just showing up and a healthy demand meeting your mark might be tough. It is also the start of the month - try again right before Xmas. Dealers only work within a few day range - things could be quite different in 2-3 weeks.
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    Four of the eight dealers I e-mailed have responded. My best offer by far has been $26,770 + $100 doc fee + TTL. This is for an '06 TSX without navigation, automatic, protection package included.

This seems like a pretty good price to me? Please provide your opinion on this price.

Thanks
  • laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    Does that include destination? If it does, that's $200 over invoice. Awesome price IMO! I'm still wading through evasive emails from dealers not wanting to give quotes. This whole process stinks.I hope I'm quoted close to that figure.
    Unless there are other junk fees that's a good price - about $700 over invoice (invoice w/ dest is 26051). That $100 doc fee points to a MD dealer?
  • bradykpbradykp Member Posts: 12
    i hope you didnt buy this! 29,890 plus destination, that's not even a discounted price. i'm paying 27,500 including destination for royabl blue with navi. and i'd finance through a credit union or bank.
    i'm not so sure the protection packas is valued at $375

wheel locks can be had for $33 online

trunk tray is $78

splash guards are $65

http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx.html

that's one heck of a calculator they used!

even on acura's site is $99 for trunk tray, $89 for guards, and $49 for the locks

even if they charge "installation" for the guards, that's $237 plus how much installation cost....$140? BS!
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    bradykp,
    You are getting a 2006 TSX with navi for $27,500? Isn't the invoice around $27,870 including destination? :confuse:
    if you want to get in touch with me, let me know. i can give you some dealers in nj.
    yes, well, 27,500 plus $189 doc fee. and yes, invoice plus destination is right around 27,900. i'm happy.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    If you have dealership names, post them here for the benefit of everyone.. Just follow the rules printed in red..

thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• flyguy70flyguy70 Member Posts: 4
    A friend of mine is waiting for a 2006 TSX. A price was negotiated and money was put down. As you all know the TSX's are just now trickling in. The car is not yet in stock, and the dealer will need to do a trade to get it.

After making this deal, my friend called around and found a particular dealer that *will* be getting the exact car in very shortly, and is also offering a better price on top of it.

What are the relevant laws here? Can she request her money back and go with the other dealer's offer?

And if so, would it be more polite to at least ask if the original dealer will match the price? What does she say if the original salesperson starts whining about "but we had a deal, you committed to it and put down money" ..?

Thanks for advice!!
    completely ok to walk away, the purchase order she signed should say that it's not final until delivery. but it could also say that the deposit is not refundable. i had them write on my P.O that the deposit IS refundable.

as for my dealer, i'm still waiting for final info and i will post the dealer's info when the deal is delivered.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I need a new car very soon and would be so grateful for TSX buying info. Looking for auto with navi and best possible price of course. I have little wiggle room but really want the TSX. I'm grateful for all negotiating hints. I'll probably lease it, but not sure. I don't know how to get in touch with you (new to the forum) and don't want to post an email addy.

Thanks so much!
  • speedracer3speedracer3 Member Posts: 650
    I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and I am looking to get an auto 06 TSX w/o Navi., with rear spoiler ($600) and all-weather mats ($132). I am looking to pay $27.5K, am I way off? What do you guys think?? If I can't get a good deal on an 06 I try to get an '05 for a little over $26K with the same options.
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    I test drove a 2006 TSX with navi this past weekend. I was told that the best price I can get right now is the Costco or AAA price of invoice + $1200. This would be $27,250 (no navi) or $29,070 (navi) including destination. The sales person sounded like she would even go $100-200 lower if I was going to buy at that very moment, but I did not try to deal with her yet because I'm not exactly ready to buy. I'd bet that she would be willing to go even lower if they had more 2006 TSXs on the lot, but they only had two so far.
  • mahoganymamimahoganymami Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the DC area as well and am looking for an '06 TSX with Navi (black/ebony). Any luck with a particular dealer? Have you found a good price quote? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • lexusoracuralexusoracura Member Posts: 13
    :) I paid a little over what everyone is getting theirs for but as soon as i drove from the lot I forgot all about it!!! this car is smooth and the features are awesome!! I'm switching the rims on Saturday (getting the 05 one's) ...

A NEW HAPPY TSX OWNER!
  • rmackowskyrmackowsky Member Posts: 19
    What's you opinion of this deal?

2006 TSX Auto Non-Nav
    26,950 + tax/tags

I can't get any other dealer in the area (Raleigh, NC) below 27,250. Should I keep pushing or is this price in line with what others are paying?
    I'd say as long as the dealer doesn't try to pad the deal on the backside, grab the car. Sounds pretty good to me. With the '06's more than likely being a hot ticket for awhile, you may not do better than this. :shades:
  • skshrewsskshrews Member Posts: 1
    Agree. This is a very reasonable deal, and in line with what we paid for similar specs.
  • speedracer3speedracer3 Member Posts: 650
    Got an '06 Nighthawk Black Pearl,auto,no navi, w/rear wing spoiler for $27,500+TTL. What do you guys think? :shades:
  • slpbobslpbob Member Posts: 1
    I'm also trying to buy an '06 TSX. There are three dealers here and the best they're offering is $800 off list (bite me), which seems unreasonable. They give me the "limited production/vehicle is in high demand" excuse.
    Unfortunately, this statement isn't entirely inaccurate. You may find that the first run of '06's is hard to find at more than $800 below sticker.

The car has been a hot seller since its release in early '03.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry to ask twice bradykp. Will you please list the dealer who gave you a deal and/or others in NJ who will do similar? Needing car ASAP and first time buying/dealing/figuring lease or finance on my own. I used autobytel once. Do they still get invoice/best deal? It was back in the late '90s.

Thanks so much
  • mahoganymamimahoganymami Member Posts: 2
    Looks like you got a GREAT deal. Where are you located/what dealer did you buy from?
    The dealer that gave me my deal hasn't come through yet. I'm still waiting for them to locate the car. For people who care here are some quotes i've got:

Bridgewater quoted 28,000 with navi
    Springfield is who i'm waiting for at 27,700.

Open Road Acura in Wayne said they'd match any deal plus beat it by $100. it's on their site. they have to have the car on the lot though for the policy to be enforced. My recommendations, call all the dealers in NJ. Contact them for quotes, and grab the lowest one. Get it in writing of some form, then start contacting other dealers with that quote.

I was looking for a 2005. they were gonna give it to me for 27,300 with navi. I decided to wait for 2006. I call and ask my salesman how much for 2006 with navi and he said 27,500. I went in and put a deposit. $189 documentation fee. I think my salesman made a mistake and they honored it in good faith. From what i've been seeing on acurazine forums most people are getting the car with navi for around 28,000 - 28,700. i would not pay more than 28,500 in NJ. there are plenty of dealerships to get them competing against each other, and the cars should start coming in larger quantities now that the initial 6-10 car shipments have been delivered

sorry i didnt respond quicker, i forget i was posting on this forum.
  • jongoldjongold Member Posts: 5
    Going to pick up my new ride tonight. Non Navi Royal blue with the Parchment interior. Very sharp car!! Really like the new styling. Buying from Montgomeryville Acura outside of Philly. They only have two available (one now). Priced at $27,600 with the protection package. 48 month lease at $409/month, $550 down (includes 1st payment)A bit disappointed that it is not selling for closer to invoice but my current lease is up today and needed to make a decision. They gave me the limited delivery/new model arguments. Contacted several other dealers and this was the best deal for an in stock car in the color I wanted! Was seriously considering the TL but $ was a little tight.
  • julycccjulyccc Member Posts: 9
    is that 28500 include Destination charge?

If it does that is invoice price for with navi.
    Invoice price for navi is $27,872 including destination. Edmunds is in error. Carsdirect.com has a different price.

28,500 including destination is the MOST i would pay. My deal is 27,700 including destination, but i got a freak deal.
  • julycccjulyccc Member Posts: 9
    I am thinking about getting one. 06 with navi

28500 sounds like a good number.

I should probably low ball with 28,000 first and start from there.

29,000 will be my max.

What do you think?

I am debating if i should get it at the end of Dec or Jan

I am getting mine finance with my credit union. so i will not be going into the F$I room ;P
    You might not get as good a deal in Jan. Right around xmas would be the best time to get a car.
  • netsrfrnetsrfr Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for the '06 non-navi in Glacier Blue. The '06s have been slow arriving in this area, but I finally found one this week in San Jose. The dealer was very hard nosed, and said $500 off MSRP is the best they could do, and wouldn't negotiate. From one of the above posts I understand the AAA/Costco price is about $1200 over invoice, so if all else fails, I could do that. Has anyone else purchased or obtained quotes in the Bay Area/Norcal, and if so, what kind of numbers are you getting. If possible, please also say which dealer.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Aren't you a little leary about sending a 28K brand new vehicle 3000 miles? I certainly have reservations after hearing some of the stories from other car owners. Is there such a thing as covered car carriers or would that be cost prohibitive?