Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wafflewaffle Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer did you talk to? I live in the bay area and will probably be starting to get quotes for a navi equipt '06. $500 off MSRP doesn't sound that good to me.
  • netsrfrnetsrfr Member Posts: 6
    Waffle, I talked to Autowest Acura, Stevens Creek, Santa Clara/San Jose. They gave me the speech about new model, new features, short supply, etc. I just this morning requested a quote from Acura of Concord. We'll see how that goes.

In looking at local inventories, it does seem that there are more TSXs with navigation than without, so that might help you. Good luck in your search, and if you find a reasonable dealership, please let me know who that might be.
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    First, I just bought a 04 TSX 6 sp with 17 k mi for $20,500. Meteor blue with spoiler, locks, trunk tray, splash, tint. A few scratches on the rear bumper that I have hidden well via touch up paint, rubbing compound and patience. Ebay was my source but preinspection was OK.
    anyhow, 6 speeds are rare. New ones do not exist except in special order. To me the auto is just an Accord but the 6 speed transforms the car.
    6 speed does hamper resale in that few want them. I got a good price in private sale. Acura dealer would have wanted $23k at least.
    But production remains 35,000 per year which keeps resale high but surprising for Acura not to go for 50-60k units. Acura has what 300 dealers so on average 115 cars per dealer per year. that is only 10 per month, which is hardly a volume or profit car in that regard.

If only 5 percent are 6 speeds you do the math. All car magazines test and love 6 speed but no one really owns one.
    Anyone know the actual 6 speed production rate. I guess 5-10 percent. No dealer ever has one. Real insult it that same price as auto despite much less cost. At least give something.

Anyway, may consider a 06 in 6 months as the new features are nice sounding and I doubt my car depreciates much in that time. Glacier blue looks good on brochure.

Anyone actually have a 06 6 speed in hand. Engine tweaks really nice?

Inky
  • dc_davedc_dave Member Posts: 52
    Cars.com has $25,436, Edmunds has $26,051, what's the true invoice?

Dave in VA
    The Acura of Concord quote was $27,986, plus tax & License, which is MSRP less $519. They said these cars are moving well, and still in short supply, so they see no need to go less than MSRP minus $600. It may be that deals will get better next year when/if demand for the '06 cools.
    I think the former is invoice without destination charge ($615), and the latter is invoice plus destination charge.
    No, because edmunds lists invoice and destination at $26,666.

Dave in VA
  • acudaacuda Member Posts: 2
    Try Acura of Pleasanton! I have bought my 05 TSX auto w/navi a few months back from there at right around invoice. The Internet Sales Manager was nice and seemed honest to me. No haggle, no hassle! And he was willing to negotiate even his quote was already the best among all other quotes. Hope this help :-)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,410
    Honda (Acura) seems to be spot on with the whole supply/demand idea when it comes to the TSX. I think it has exceeded their sales expectations. Every week in the paper, there are various ads for different car dealers. They've always got some "special" lease on the MDX, RL, & TL. Next to those cars is a picture of the TSX that says "order your '06 TSX today."

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    The cars.com numbers are correct although even knowing that number doesn't give you the exact number the dealer actually pays for the car (even knowing holdback).
    If you did a quick search on Autotrader or inventory of some dealer you'd see that no special orders are needed to find a 6MT. Rare - yes they are, but no special order needed to get one. I think your 5-10% production rate is about right.

Honda is not limiting production, if they could sell 100K per year like the 3 series they would - but not at the expense of having "employee discounts" like GM and others which would kill resale. BTW production is higher than 35K/yr - more like 40K+ - there were VINs for 05s in the 42K range.
  • barstrbarstr Member Posts: 1
    I have a dealer 1 hour to the north of me with a black 6 speed and one about an hour east of me with a black 6 speed, so no need to special order. Plus guy here in town told me he could dealer trade and have one here in 2 days or so, depending on color.
    It is great that there is a market still for manual transmissions. Acura is one of the few mfs. that gives you the choice.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    I would like to thank everyone for their helpful comments. I hope to buy a TSX with 6-speed and looked at the 2006's in a dealer lot in Chicago earlier today.

I still need to find the right car and an acceptable deal, might not happen quickly as 2006's seem to be arriving slowly, but I must say, the new alloy wheels look better in person than in the photos.

Warm holiday greetings to everyone.
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    It is great that there is a market still for manual transmissions. Acura is one of the few mfs. that gives you the choice.

And with the TSX, it makes a world of difference. Coaxes the car to its fullest expression, as it were. :shades:
  • bradykpbradykp Member Posts: 12
    So i previously posted about my deal on RBP with navi at Springfield Acura. They ended up screwing me (of course). i knew they made a mistake when they quoted the price, just thought they'd be honorable and stick to it and honor it. But they didn't. I would strongly recommend that people DO NOT give Springfield Acura in NJ your business. I'll probably be buying at Open Road Acura in Wayne NJ. Also got good quote from Bridgewater Acura.
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    If you are able to do so, can you post a pic of your 2006 royal blue TSX with parchment interior? My wife and I are interested in this color, but none of the dealerships around here have it in stock. Thanks.
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    While they are available. I have trouble here in the mid west finding them. Yes, dealer x has black on black but if you want say Carbon Gray with Quartz--none in region. Order January get in March. In high density areas like east and west coast I would think dealer trades much closer and easier to specific color.

Anyone else notice how high the rpms are on the TSX 6 speed in 6th gear on the highway. Great for acceleration but over 3200 rpm on turnpike is a waste of energy. The new Jetta turbo is the same. I got 31 mpg on a 200 mile highway trip and that is good but always reaching to shift to overdrive as the final ratio is busy busy busy or elfin as one car magazine maybe Edmunds said. Close ratio is close ratio but 6th could be more of an overdrive than it is. Otherwise, smooth and powerful.
    I'd also try Park Avenue Acura. A few years ago when my parents were looking for cars, they gave the best price and were the easiest to deal with by far.

• julycccjulyccc Member Posts: 9
    How much are they offering it to you?

Including dest charge
  • jfciii70jfciii70 Member Posts: 17
    Was offered 28300 on 06 tsx w/nav. No other fees, just ttl.
    Does anyone other than me think this is a great deal or what!? :)
    I think that's pretty good, what market area are you shopping in?

Dave in VA
  • pkagentpkagent Member Posts: 2
    I'm also looking to buy a 6sp MT with Nav. I'd like to know if anyone's bought one and what a good price range would be. I'm tempted to wait a few months just so they are more flexible on the prices.
  • pkagentpkagent Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the N. Virginia area
  • kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    I agree with you on the high RPMs in 6th gear. Unfortunately I think that is the price you pay to get that kind of performance out of a 4-cyl. It was one of the issues that drove me to buy a V-6 Accord instead. The 6spd on my car has wider ratios and I can loaf along at 2500rpm at 80mph. It's not only more energy efficient but also makes for a much quieter and smoother ride.
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    What issues? What price? The TSX 2.4 in 6th gear @ high freeway speeds is as smooth and quiet as an engine needs to be at those speeds. You guys are making too much of this.

I've had mine as high as 90-100 MPH :blush: and engine noise and/or NVH is simply not an issue with this car.

Except for the sometimes awkward 1-2 gear ratio the TSX is perfectly geared IMO, speaking of the 6 MT, of course. :shades:
  • duddukuriduddukuri Member Posts: 2
    What exactly is the final (OTD) Price u paid for 06 TSX with navi.if possible can u give me a breakdown and the dealer name u got ur car from in NJ
    I'm in Northern VA as well. I will do most of my shopping in Maryland. Northern VA has too many dumb rich people that are just willing to plop down MSRP or close to sticker plus the stupid $299 "processing fee". In Maryland the dealers are willing to deal and the processing fee is limited to $50 (last time I checked).
    I'm looking to buy very soon, probably when I get back on the 26th. If I can't find a good deal I might just go to Costco and buy through them.

Dave in VA
    I second that.

MD dealers are much better.
    Dallas, TX
  • mbeachammbeacham Member Posts: 6
    Just got Wednesday, Carbon Gray with Quartz, 5A. $25,436 invoice plus $615 dest and $500 to dealer = $26,551. Add $398 doc fee, $69 for tag, and $811.29 for state tax, and we were out the door for $27,829 - included Acura protection package with trunk tray, mud flaps, and wheel locks. LOVE the car! Can't stop driving it around, and the Bluetooth is beyond cool with my Treo! Just thought you guys might like to know - this is in Raleigh, NC.
    I don't think there's a limit in MD for doc fees - most dealers charge about $100. All you have to do is compare the overall cost and the effort to get that. A lot of it has to do with inventory. There's a limited number of No VA folks that will pay MSRP - once the dealers have sold to all of those folks - the prices will come down.
  • tsxowwnertsxowwner Member Posts: 38
    Here is my car

2004 TSX Auto, wheel locks, mud guards, no navi, 21,000 miles, charcoal gray w/black interior, great condition

Purchase price (list): $27,317 ($26,490 base + $500 dest + $89 wheel locks + $238 mud guards).

Boston, MA

KBB says $20,300 and Edmunds $21,600 (quite a difference). reviewed dealer listings, price is in $23-$24k range for same car but with 10-15k more mileage.

What should i expect/"push for" a dealer to give me?

thanks
    You'll be doing quite well if you get 20K. There'll be a number of 04s coming off lease starting in the late spring (when the oldest 04s get to be 3 years old) - I'd venture to guess that the resale value of 04s will come down to the normal 70% of original price.
  • tsxowwnertsxowwner Member Posts: 38
    There were a limited supply of the '04 - i think 15,000 so may not be a huge flow of leases

nonetheless an interesting point to consider...thanks

what should i expect the dealer profit to be on my trade. i'd think they would make a fortune if they only gave me 20k. i would think they could also do some limited work and slap a "certified pre-own" on it for a few more k
  • isellem2isellem2 Member Posts: 2
    A dealership will typically want to make at least $1000 profit on a trade in. If they give you 21k for your TSX and spend $1000 on state inspection and Acura certification they are then in the car for 22k. To sell the car for 23k they will have to ask for 25-26K. A new one with bluetooth, aux jack, more power, better looks, memory seats etc. is not much more than that. Tough call, but you'll get around 20K.
  • pevelipeveli Member Posts: 5
    2006 TSX, Carbon Gray Pearl with Ebony interior, automatic, no navigation or other options: price of vehicle..$26,051; 6% sales tax of $1,563.06; Tag and Doc fees.......$123.50; Total = $27,737.56.
    I contacted two Maryland dealers today about a 2006 TSX black/ebony (no-navi), I have one quote at $700 over invoice the other at $500 over invoice. $26,551 for car and desti sounds pretty good to me.

Dave in VA :)
    Technically, for 06 with navi would be $2000 more right?

$28,551 with navi?

I am in MD also and looking to get a 06 black/ black with navigation

Thanks in advance
    Picked up my 06 TSX PWP/Ebony W/NAV on Monday at Vandergriff Acura in Arlington. Price was $28300 +$2018 in taxes and fees. Price included tint. Did not try to get any more freebies as I thought this was a fair deal, but did get the Uniseal+Theft Guard for an extra $250. No trade, just paid taxes so final price was $28543. Not bad, tried to get the same car a week earlier, but they wanted $29700. Goodson in Irving would not go below $28500. :confuse: I would recommend Vandergriff to anyone wanting to buy before the end of the year. Love the car and the color combo. Gonna take a while to get used to a car, been driving an Ford F-150 Ext. Cab for 6 years. :)
  • laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    You got a pretty decent deal. I like those Vandergriff guys but Uniseal+Theft Guard??? :confuse: Tell me you did not pay for the dealer added theft recovery "etching".
  • drew10drew10 Member Posts: 25
    Anyone have experience with any of the Acura dealers in the Boston area? Looking to buy '06 TSX w/navi. Thanks.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    for $28,300 06 with navi

5 % MD tax is 1415

3% VA tax is 845

what other fees did you pay?

600 for title and tag and processing fee seems high
  • notjafonotjafo Member Posts: 63
    My brother just bought a '06 TSX 6MT from Mac Churchill in Fort Worth, TX over the internet. He doesn't post here but he wanted me to pass on that he was very happy with price and dealership as a whole. He just wished they were closer to his house than the 3 hours he drove.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    I deleted my post from yesterday as the dealer had called to tell me he'd made a mistake on my financing deal and I didn't know how things will play out.

Picking up the silver/ebony '06 non-nav tomorrow...paying $26,551 plus tax (negotiated down from internet price quote of $27,051) and they are giving me a trunk tray. Since they had quoted me the honda financing deal that does not apply to the TSX, they are throwing in some free maintenance coupons. How does that sound? They gave little for my trade, but it does have some problems.

Any feedback is appreciated. Crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly tomorrow or I may bail.

Thank you for all your help! Just reading your posts gave me a good idea of pricing. I am paying what I felt was an appropriate price for this car at this time.
    That sounds like a great deal, where and what dealership?

Dave in VA
  • type_s_maniactype_s_maniac Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a 06 TSX with Navigation for $29,300 OTD in MD. Purchase price was $27,400 +TTL. How did i do?
  • george52george52 Member Posts: 2
    I think you all are getting great buys. In NJ can't get the dealer (Ocean Acura) below $29.5k for 06 TSX manual w/ navigation. Listed at $30.5k includes destination of course.
    I have an email into the New Brunswick dealership for quote. I told the Ocean folks thanks but no thanks. Anyone have info on dealing with New Brunswick or Bridgewater Acura dealers? Thanks.
  • isam92bvisam92bv Member Posts: 1
    i was just going to drive over to Ocean to see if they would deal on a TSX today. Hopped on this site to gather late minute info and saw your posting.
    thks ije