Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• george52george52 Member Posts: 2
    Good Luck. Let us know how you make out. I'll keep posting on numbers that I get from other dealers and ask you do the same.
  • pevelipeveli Member Posts: 5
    Sounds pretty good. How much over invoice? Just picked up '06 TSX non-navi at invoice ($26,051, incl. delivery fee), plus tax (PA, 6%) and tags ($123) near Philadelphia. State-to-state comparisons are hard; different tax and fee charges. No optional accessories, which some people seem to get "thrown in" making final price paid close to equivalent to invoice.
  • hsollyhsolly Member Posts: 1
    What Philadelphia dealer sold you your TSX at invoice ? I live in the Philly area & hope to buy one soon.
    I got internet pricing through cars.com and did everything by e-mail. Metro Acura gave me an "internet only" price of $26,151. Ardmore Acura beat that by $100, making it the same as invoice. Prices dropped from mid-Nov quotes (before '06 models arrived) and mid-Dec prices (when the '06s were first delivered). I had to take delivery no later than Dec. 31. If people are paying several hundred dollars more for on-site deals, that too sounds really good.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    I bought at DCH Montclair Acura in NJ. I picked the car up yesterday. When I arrived, there was a Glacier Blue with Ebony on the lot. I had thought originally that I might like that color, but there wasn't one on the lot on my first trip over there last week. On that first visit last week, the salesman took us around the lot to show us some colors on other models and pointed to some car way back in the lot that was a "similar" color from last year. He really downplayed the attractiveness of the color and pushed for silver which was my next choice as I was told and knew that the darker colors that I liked would show dirt, scratches, etc. He did offer to find me a car on another of their lots to look at if I wanted to hang out awhile, but I didn't have time. It would seem that they order lots of silvers!

Well, I looked at the silver and the glacier blue when I got there and decided that I really wanted the blue. They gave me no trouble about switching the cars. Apparently the glacier blue had been ordered by someone who wasn't picking up for 2 weeks so I could have it. I'm loving the car and love how the color seems to change in different lighting conditions.

PS..don't let thinking about scarcity of the TSX enter into your bargaining unless you live where there are no other dealers for miles and miles. If it had been all about money and if I'd had more time, I know that I could have paid less.
  • alli888alli888 Member Posts: 6
    That's excellent! Bumming...I lived right near Ardmore for 8 years back in the '90s! :) With the retail cost of the add-ons, I paid pretty close so that's cool. I'm happy to be fair to a salesperson, especially at this time of year. I only hope that the service I get from now on is excellent. If it is, I'll happily recommend them to friends and family and online, which is invaluable for a dealer with a huge online presence. We all want to know about where to find excellent dealers. The service is the part that is ongoing and more important to me than a couple hundred dollars today. :)
  • gt0279agt0279a Member Posts: 14
    Paid $28,177 for 06 w/ NAV & protection package +$50 doc fee and $168 tag/title. Ron Tonkin Acura Oregon
  • sporkssporks Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought an '06 TSX with navi in the color combo I wanted for $27.5k from Acura of Glendale. Salesman was first-class, older gentleman with white hair.

I did not get any free wheel-locks or mud-guards, but I was happy enough with the price that I didn't care. I was OTD for just about 30k (most of this was tax).

I'm thrilled with the car!
  • dc_davedc_dave Member Posts: 52
    Just placed a deposit on a 2006 TSX, $500 over invoice, I'm happy with the deal. I should pick the car up on Thursday or Friday.

Dave in VA
  • nahtyfoxnahtyfox Member Posts: 1
    Hey Dave, which dealership did you order your car?
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    Did you deal through the internet or in person at the dealership in Glendale? Does your price of $27.5k include the $615 destination charge? I'm looking to by in SoCal and I would be more than willing to drive to Glendale if they were selling the TSX at this price. Thanks.
  • dc_davedc_dave Member Posts: 52
    Tischer in Laurel, MD. The internet saleman was great and offered me $500 over invoice right off the bat. Rosenthal Acura's internet saleman was too pushy and started off with $1200 over invoice. He quickly matched Tischer but I just didn't want to do business with him. So far Tischer has been great. I'll report back once I actually obtain the car.

Dave in VA
  • happybuyerinvahappybuyerinva Member Posts: 3
    Just came back from Rosenthal :P Got a friendly sales person. Nego started high indeed, but tone changed immediately when I mentioned Internet price and had my jacket back on ready to leave. Put a deposit on a 2006 no-nav royal blue automatic for a price of $27,650 OTD, including all-weather mats ($132) and trunk tray ($99). VA tax is 3%, TT is about $85. Working back the numbers makes it about $26,531, or $480 above invoice. Details: ($26,531 + $231) x 1.03 + $85 = $27,650. A fair deal I believe.

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. You helped me big time negotiating my own deal. Happy new year!
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That's a good deal - was there no doc fee?
    I negotiated the total "Out The Door" price (or "On The Road" as the sales man called it) knowing where my upper bound was ($27,500 without accessories, all else included). We did not discuss the actual breakdown of the final number. The calculation was my own attempt to get to the "Invoice + $xxx" number.

Yeah, I thought it was a fair deal. Good price for me, and some reasonable but limited profit for the dealer. We're both happy.
  • bradykpbradykp Member Posts: 12
    i got my car at Open Road of Wayne, NJ

RBP with parchment and navi:

$28,200 plus tax. PA registration of $140. $298 doc fee (profit).

I'm happy.

Warning to All:

If you don't want a screw in your front bumper, make sure you mention this....they mount the front license plate holder with two bolts, which is fine, but then put a screw right into the front bumper. can't see it, but i'm annoyed by this, since i'm PA registration and don't need a front plate!
  • bradykpbradykp Member Posts: 12
    pardon me? 06 with navi for 27,400? that's $500 under invoice +dest. you sure you meant with navi?

how did you get that price? that's pretty good. even better then the deal my dealer screwed me over with of 27,500 plus 189 doc fee and TTL.
    What does the paperwork say - there should be a break down of the costs.
    It would sure help if people would break the price down. At least note the state sales tax rate and state registration/tags fees. OTD in Oregon, for example, should be a bargain (no sales tax, modest registration cost) compared to high sales tax states. And options matter.
  • gotstarbuckgotstarbuck Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what is the best price to pay for TSX with nav? This is my first time buying a car. I want to know after what amount that I should not buy? Thanks
  • jfciii70jfciii70 Member Posts: 17
    Sorry for the late reply. Texas tax 6.25 % + 225 fees= 2018 in taxes and fees. Love the car. Came out of Best Buy tonight with a lady walking around my car and checking it out. She and her husband were parked right beside me in an 05 CGP TSX they had picked up last week. Like my color and the new "tweaks" to the exterior.
  • carl12carl12 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2006 TSX w/o Navi for $26799 out the door. It comes with a
    Norhtwest package all Acura dealers in the Pacific Northwest put on. I guess you
    are stuck with it. Not bad, locking lug nuts, trunk tray, all weather floor
    mats, rear mud flaps. Some dealers add a bit more for more money. I bought it at
    Acura of Portland and the internet. I
    tried to get a dealer in the Seattle area to match or even come close. Nobody
    would even counter offer saying I should go on down there an buy it quickly.

They are a very good dealership and didn't force anything upon me on arrivel.
    There were no hidden surprise costs. In fact, 6 days later, I received a basket
    of snacks from the dealership. Pretty cool!
    A good price would be $500 above invoice (some people have gotten that in the DC area). The walk away price is up to you - but virtually all dealers should give you at least $500 off MSRP. BTW, watch out for dealer add-ons, some DC dealers still have a "area adjustment" fee they try to tack on.
    I just bought a 2006 TSX w/o Navi for $26799 out the door. It comes with a Northwest package all Acura dealers in the Pacific Northwest put on.
    ======================
    Just pointing out that OTD in Oregon is without any sales tax.

Good price.
  • jim35jim35 Member Posts: 5
    $26,699 is a good price with those added options & with Edmunds TMV at $27,731 for the non-navi without the options. We will be purchasing one within the next 2 months and doubt that Salem (OR)Acura will match this even though we have bought our last 2 Acura's from them. Thx. for the info.
    We just brought the car home. Nice car indeed :) Per my previous posting, this is for a NON-nav in NoVa, purchased from Rosenthal in MD. INCLUDED in car price below is 1) all-weather mats and 2) trunk tray. Here is the breakdown as shown on paperwork:

- Retail price: $26679.27
    - Dealer processing charge: $95.00
    - Electronic Title & Reg: $12.00
    Total: $26786.27

- Title Fee: $41.50
    - 3% Tax: $803.23
    - Registration Fee: $19.00

Total "On The Road": $27,650.00

Hope this helps you all. Thanks again to those who posted their own info. Good luck to all of you about to do your own negotiation.

Over and out for now, until our next car purchase ;)
  • type_s_maniactype_s_maniac Member Posts: 4
    Yup! The OTD price for the TSX with navi was $29.3k. i faxed out to local dealerships to get the price i wanted. i highly recommend faxing local dealerships for the price you wanna pay. Very happy with my deal :-)
  • amberjackamberjack Member Posts: 1
    Picked up this past week an 06 TSX w/o nav, 6 spd MT, Pro Pack (splash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks) including all season mats. A couple of dealers in town (Cleveland Area) were willing to negotiate but found my best deal with the dealership that I contacted via the internet. This is my first auto purchase using the internet as a lead. The agencies are really in tune to the internet consumer. They have read all of the posts such as can be found on this site and know that they are dealing with an educated consumer. A big plus! However, the salesman that we dealt with was absolutely first class. I'd purchase from him again. By the way, our negotiations resulted in the following and the wife really loves the car!!!!
    26,800 Base (as described above)
    1,681 Tax (6.25%)
    100 documentation fee
    10 30 day temp tag
    5 Bank Fee (?)
    10 Title Feealer prep fee
    28,606 Out the door :)
    Seems like around $5-600 over invoice is the sweet spot at the moment.
  • gotstarbuckgotstarbuck Member Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone for helping me. Can anyone explain to me what is "on the road" price mean??
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might check out our Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions discussion for more info, but it generally means that the price you're quoted includes everything - vehicle price, fees, taxes, title - nothing should be added on to this price when you go to pay for the vehicle.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dionne400dionne400 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a black 2004 TSX with Navigation (48,000 miles) for a sale price of $22,270. Is that a decent deal?
  • chuchutrain621chuchutrain621 Member Posts: 6
    I live in Los Angeles area and I have been offered a 2006 Tsx AT w/o navi for $26,851.13. It includes the destination charge, wheel locks, mud guards and the cargo tray
  • suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Which dealership is it? If you dont mind me asking! That sounds pretty good in my opinion, but I will add the NAV! What is the ext/int colors!
    Obviously this question should be asked before the purchase but you did OK. The milage is kinda high but the price is about right.
  • njkevinnjkevin Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up my 2006 no/NAVI TSX on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum. It is by far the best resource I found on the web to help with my purchase.

For anyone concerned about the power of the 4-cylinder engine, don't be!! (Unless you plan to race for titles.) My wife has a G35 and while there is a difference, I really only notice it when starting from a dead stop. It's quick, but just not as quick as the G35. The Honda/Acura 4-cylinder is also very reliable... I have 240,000 miles on my 1997 Prelude (oil changes & maintenance).

Two NJ dealerships quoted 26,750 (including destination). I think I could have done a little better, but I stink at price negotiation & I know one of the salesmen. (I did get wheel locks and a decent interest rate: 5.44% through American Honda Finance Corp).

26,750.00 Base
    139.00 Document charge
    1,605.00 Tax
    199.00 Registration
    40.00 Title
    7.50 NJ tire fee (NJ does everything it can to take my
    _________ money!!)
    28,740.50 Out the Door
  • chuchutrain621chuchutrain621 Member Posts: 6
    I live in the LA area and have been offered $26,500 for 2006 Tsx w/o Navi and it includes destination, wheel locks, mud guards and cargo tray. Just about to finalize the deal
  • dionne400dionne400 Member Posts: 4
    I know, we jumped on the purchase kinda quickly. The carfax reported that it's been on the road since July 2003. Nevertheless, like you said it's an ok price. Thanks
  • alabama2alabama2 Member Posts: 3
    That sounds like a great price! I'm looking for the same car in Alabama area - best $ I can find is a quote of $27,200 plus all the "add-ons". This was in Atlanta.
  • julycccjulyccc Member Posts: 9
    I found a 2005 non navi
    carbon grey, 6M
    in one of the MD dealers

I am thinking about offering $25500

I saw in the forum that 06 NO navi are selling for about $26700

I think it is a fair offer. what do you guys think?
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I'd say get the 06. Not much more money and there's no mystery about the car's history. You never know what a used car's been through.
  • njkevinnjkevin Member Posts: 3
    There are a few improvements on the 2006 TSX that you may want to consider: a little more horsepower, bluetooth/handsfree phone (really nice feature), 2 person seat memory, iPod/aux jack, and fog lights.
    05 that i found is not used or a demo (i called)
    it is a brand new left over in the inventory
    I agree with you man. those options are nice. It keep me thinking twice about getting an 05

I don't care about more HP and memory seats.

But Bluetooth and Ipod will be so nice to have. Considering I will be buying 6M

I am trying to save some money that's all
    If the 06 improvements are not important to you, definitely go for the 05. At the end of the month you might strike an even better deal. Go and see the car in person - if it has more than 50 miles on the odo tell them to lower the price some more.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    You posted, my goal is to persuade you that your offer would save $1000. Now, the 06 will be worth easily $1000 plus more. Why? Warranty, fogs, memory, ipod, nicer steering wheel, new style mods, more HP plus a year newer. $3000 yes! $1000 why. Your car, your choice. I would take a 06 and put the 05 wheels on it--those new ones just look too busy and lexus like.

let us know what you do, the 6mt is the way to go either way!
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    maybe a big value as cell phone use is outlawed, I am in military and hands free only on any military base. Add the cities no doing it and I see a trend adn bluetooth will be a demand item.
  • sthavornsthavorn Member Posts: 31
    LA los angeles? Let us know I'm trying to get one w/o navigation myself. Thanks
  • notjafonotjafo Member Posts: 63
    I think the 06 trumps the 05 at this point for a number of reasons, more than just bluetooth - for less than $50 you can get a nice bluetooth headset.

a previous post highlights all of the model changes, and they add up to pretty close to the price difference between an 05 and an 06. But remember that the biggest hit in value a car takes is when you take it of the lot, and I can't help but think that if you get hit with 1 years worth of depreciation when you drive an 06 off the lot, you''ll be hit with closer to 2 with an 05
  • brian39brian39 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2006 Carbon Gray TSX w/ Navigation for 28,200, 30,240 OTD price. I went to Sussman in Maple Shade, NJ, and the salesman I dealt with was exceptional. Best I've had, I talked price for literally 1 minute. I said 28,150, he said 28,200, and I agreed. I felt like 325 above invoice was good enough for me, especially for such a hot car. Very happy with the service, and would HIGHLY recommend Sussman. I pick it up tomorrow, I cannot wait!