Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• paulcab11paulcab11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone-
    I live in Boston and Im a recent college graduate looking to purchase a new car. Its been a toss up between an 03-04 Accord Coupe EX or a 2004 Acura TSX. I really want the TSX but Im not sure if I can afford it. When i do an auto searche on 2004 Acura TSX I get a range of prices. Do think i could get a 2004 TSX for $18,000 -$19500. Or am I wishful thinking. Thanksimage
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    I bet this is 28,400 even 27,400 too low at this point.
    Now 28,400 would be a good deal.

2004 6MT for $19500 easy. Step one (NO dealers)
    Step two look at autotrader and ebay. I found mine 04 TSX mint, 17k miles, spoiler, trunk tray, tink, wheel locks and I paid $20,500, higher miles will be less. Over xmas saw some go for $19k with 40k miles.

Be advised 3 year leases come due march 06 and end value of $17,000 means a bunch of 04 TSX on market and prices will come down.
  • cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    how much Acura dealers usually or are willing to take off sticker price on an '06 6spd with Navigation? (~$30K)
    The only accessory I'd get is wheel locks and maybe a spoiler.
    This is for an East Coast dealer if that makes any difference.

Thanks
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    It depends on your negotiating skills but invoice+500 is a good deal. Wheel locks should be free, spoiler maybe invoice+100.
  • jlesbcjlesbc Member Posts: 7
    Just wanted to post a message to let everyone know that a good deal can be had if you are persistent and patient. Just bought a 06'TSX Navi for 30,500 Drive-out. Granted it is a 45 min drive from Houston. It's well worth it. Good luck and remember P & P Baby! :)
  • netsrfrnetsrfr Member Posts: 6
    I'll second that. I initially contacted a dealer in San Jose, CA about a glacier blue/black non-navigation 06 TSX in December. They told me the best they could do was $500 off MSRP, and they wouldn't budge. I told them that if they really wanted to sell me a car, they would have to come down to a more reasonable price. They called me back several times over the next month, on each occasion with a lower price. On Wednesday night they called me to let me know the exact car I wanted had just come off the truck, and if I was still interested, I could have it for $500 over invoice.

I picked the car up yesterday. I haven't had much of a chance to take it out on the open road, but I love it so far. :)

Be patient, and persistent. It will pay off! Good luck to all buyers out there. ;)
  • gjustusgjustus Member Posts: 22
    I got the following quote from a dealer in the DC area, which seems to be about $500 over invoicPe, but he said he could knock off another $200. Also, I might be able to get the processing fee waived. Is this a good deal or can I get a better price? Is the invoice the true cost the dealership pays for the vehicle or are there hidden ways they are making money? Please help me save more money.

MSRP: $28,505.00(includes $615.00 destination)
    Your Price: $26,559.00(includes $615.00 destination)
    $1,290.00(17" High Performance Sparkle Silver Wheels)
    $627.00(Wing Spoiler)

$28,476.00
    $857.28(Va. 3% sales tax)
    $85.00(new Va. tags)
    $100.00(processing fee)

Total $29,518.28
  • razvitrazvit Member Posts: 6
    gjustus,

We are also in the DC area looking for a TSX (auto with Nav). Which dealership gave you $500 over invoice.

The dealer also gets a "dealer hold-back"... it's usually about 3% of the inovice or MSRP (depending on the manufacturer). But it's rare that the dealership will permit this to influence the negotiations.
    Got quotes from a few dealerships. Chevy Chase gave the initial offer of $500 over invoice without me asking for it. The Internet sales manager at Chevy Chase didn't specifically say the offer was $500 over invoice but that is about where it was. The Internet sales manager at Rosenthal said he could beat it buy about $200. Chevy Chase said they can do the same. So now the quote is about $300 over invoice. Pohanka, which is only 5 miles from me in Fairfax, wasn't/isn't willing to bargain at all beyond their initial Internet price. I haven't seen anyone at Chevy Chase or Rosenthal face-to-face, so the quotes are simply offers right now. I'll let you know if the offers change when I show up at the dealerships.
    That $100 doc/proc fee is the giveaway that it's a MD dealer. The price of the car itself is good but I'm not sure about the accessories. If you really don't like the stock wheels you might be better off getting exactly what you want from Tire Rack and sell the originals - or keep them for the winter. For $1300 you can probably get a set of nice wheel/tires. :shades:
  • razvitrazvit Member Posts: 6
    I checked with Chevy Chase, but I didn't use the internet lead, I just walked in to the dealership. But the price for the 2006 TSX w/Nav (standard wheels) was about the Edmunds TMV price (just below it). IT was not near the $500 over invoice price.

Let me know how you do. I think perhaps part of my difficulty was that I was negotiating for a car that they didn't have in inventory yet (it was being shipped). Perhaps if the car was in inventory, they may have been willing to make a better deal.
    Good luck.
    Actually, the car I want 6M w/out navi is not in stock there either.
  • rmenz42rmenz42 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2006 TSX w/o Nav today in North NJ. First dealer I went to gave a price of $ 26,995 and was stubborn about any negotiating. Went to another dealer and ended up getting the car for $ 26,200 with Wheel Locks. Did not bother trying to go back to the first dealer and bought the car from Park Avenue Acura. I thought $ 150 over invoice with the Wheel Locks was a fair price.
  • sac14689sac14689 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased an 2006 Carbon Grey Acura TSX w/o Navigation from South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, CA for 25,800 (OTD price was 28,100).
    With prices like (~300 UNDER invoice) that I'm wondering if there's some money under the table Honda is giving the dealer we don't know about.
    I used Costco's auto program. It listed the invoice+destination. then i emailed all the dealers. i found the lowest price and used it as a bargaining chip.
  • youngshopperyoungshopper Member Posts: 3
    sac14689, could you detail how the price went from $25,800 to $28,100? I'm shopping in OC as well (for exactly the same car/color) and hope to buy next weekend.
    I was offered a price of $25,636 by a dealerhship in Maryland, which is only $200 over invoice. I test drove a TSX on Saturday. It is nice, but it seems awfully small for so much money. I feel I could get something used and save some money. Any thoughts on buying used, whether it is a TSX or another car. The used TSXes do not seem like much of a bargain based on the prices listed online.

:confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    If you can get that price, I would definitely get a new one...

Size isn't everything.. some people think the small size is an advantage.. If you want more room, then an Accord might be a better buy for you..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Costco's price was invoice+destination.
    Then I emailed most of the Acura dealers in LA and OC.
    Power of Southbay in Torrance, emailed me back with a price of 25,900+tax and title. I used that quote when I was at the South Coast Acura Dealership. I started out 26,900 OTD, then moved up to 27,200 OTD. They wanted 28,900 OTD. Then I threw in the curve ball, telling them LA wanted 28,100 OTD. They lowered it to 28,350 OTD. But I said 28,100 OTD or I walk. And they agreed at 28,100 OTD.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    Not everyone lives in CA. Useful is pure prices. taxes aside as some states 0, 3% like mine or 8% like new york (yikes).

Prices are way down on TSX. Talked with a dealer today who I know quite well and traffic is waaaaaay down.

I was instantly quoted $500 over ($26,550)on any TSX, any style, any color combo and free tint and splash guards--well free sort of. Bottom line. $500 over is the easy price and less appears common. It does smell like there could be some incentives perhaps volume ones that are quiet.

I ordered Alabaster silver TSX in 6 speed. One in a 3 state area and 3 weeks out. Yikes. Why does Acura offer a car no one apparently wants to drive? The automatic makes no sense in this car. TL yes, TSX what is the point?
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    I will be purchasing a 2006 TSX auto w/o nav within the next two months. This forum is a great thing, it makes negotiating a price so easy!

I have been watching the posts for the past couple months and it looks like $26,200 - $26,600 is a good target price for TSX w/o nav including the mats, trunk tray, and mud guards. That price should include all fees except TTL.

The last couple posts threw a curve ball at me. People are now throwing prices around like $25,700 and $25,900.

Is my original target range of $26,200 to $26,600 a good goal? or are these $25,700 and $25,900 prices for real?
    It depends on where you are but it seems like a price around invoice (26,051) is the new low mark now. I think some of the quotes mentioned on here do not include the destination charge. The approach of the end of the month might have something to do with it. It sure seems strange that prices are so low when most folks say that inventories are pretty low. :confuse:
  • triath1775triath1775 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking in the Northern Va area. Which dealer in Md gave you that quote?
  • rbk1rbk1 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for a 6 speed manual w/o Nav in Carbon gray or silver (maybe black) Valley Stream (Long Island) is my closest dealer and they only have auto trans. They do offer loaner cars for servicing and warranty work. If I find a 6 speed elsewhere, I'm pretty sure I could service the car locally (Valley Stream); but what would be the deal with a loaner?
    Also are 6-speeds so scarce or is it my area (Valley Stream)? Hoping to get some feedback. Valley Stream also told me they might be able to locate a manual; but I probably won't get the price I would get on a auto trans that they have in stock.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    Servicing a car at the dealership will definitely not be a problem, but if you don't buy from them they might not extend you the courtesy of a loaner car.

There are Manuals out there, they would just rather sell you the slushbox TSX on their lot. It is their nature. Everyday a car sits on their lot costs them money. So they might have to do a swap with another dealership which costs them money. They either have to pay someone to drive their car up to another dealership and drive yours down or pay to have you car flatbedded to their dealership. You can't fault them for knowing their market though. How many people on Long Island really want to drive stick?

Email other dealerships in the area. I know Raylle Acura in Roslyn always advertises in the papers and Paragon Acura (Bayside, I think).

Say you have to travel to Jersey or Connecticut to get the car YOU WANT, when it comes time for service you slip the service advisor a couple of bucks and see if he/she will hook you up with a loaner car.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Chevy Chase gave me the quote. Can we get referal fees I wonder? I haven't bought the TSX yet, but I have emails from the Internet sales manager quoting the price. The TSX is nice, but seems a little small (narrow and leg room in back) for the money; however, bigger cars (Altima) have cheap looking interiors. Any thoughts? I might like the RAV4?
    The salesman that let me test drive a TSX said that the car will display codes when there is a problem and I can call the service department to find out what the code means. Is he lying? Knowing how the dealerships work normally, they will want me to pay to find out what the code means or does the manual show an index of the codes? Is the TSX a good car?
    It's very easy to find out - talk to the service manager.

You can probably go to some Internet site and find the meaning of the codes but it's not something you'll be doing often - the whole point of the TSX is that you will likely not get any codes. And if it's during warranty the dealer should take care of it.
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    I ordered Alabaster silver TSX in 6 speed. One in a 3 state area and 3 weeks out. Yikes. Why does Acura offer a car no one apparently wants to drive? The automatic makes no sense in this car. TL yes, TSX what is the point?

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but the TSX has been selling like hotcakes since its introduction.

If your are referring to the AT TSX as the "car no one wants to drive," then why are 90% of TSX's sold equipped with the auto tranny?

BTW, I agree that the TSX with the MT is the way to go, which is why I own one. :shades:
  • hull22hull22 Member Posts: 37
    Well, some of us would like a sporty car even though we can't drive a stick. Coming from cars like a civic, corolla, and camry, even an AT TSX has plenty of power. I don't need to be driving like a maniac from stoplight to stoplight.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    What? I guess I was unclear. I'm on your side. Manual production is actually like 8-9 percent. So a certain color with nav not nav a hard find.

I hate having dealer go get one. That will cost you money every time. I like what I did, dealer intercepts one made and enroute from JAPAN and it comes to dealership with no miles, they kind of swap on line coming inventory.

Of course I mean no one (5% maybe)wants to drive a 6 speed or a 5 speed or any clutch for that matter. My Acura dealer has ordered zero for 06 and has zero on order. Why? No one wants to drive them anymore. The auto is a real dog compared to 6 sp. I did manage to get the auto to hold a 6-7000 rpm before shifting and felt the new 06 vtec profile even in automatic. Salesman did not like that kind of shifting on a 9 mile car. The TSX has always been limited production, well made, and well equiped. Getting a little pricy but since drive out is $26,500 in most cases--a lot of luxury for the price.

I am amazed at any quotes $25,700 but then again $26,550 was immediate with tint and mudds included.

Have Acura dealers learned to live on holdbback like the american dealers? REmember Odyssey, new MDX, TL all around sticker. Heady days--long gone.
  • ronjumpsronjumps Member Posts: 6
    After talking to several local dealers, I went with Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX for my new TSX. Picked up the car on Friday. $26,500 plus TTL. (No extra charges for destination, theft guard, wheel locks, tint, or any of that kind of stuff).

Also got the 7yr/100,000mi warranty for $1,200. Well worth it in my opinion, especially since I drive so much. I believe "retail" for it is $2,600, which is crazy. Hopefully nobody here has actually paid retail for the extended warranty.

Vandergriff was great and I love the car so far!
    I test drove a 2006 Passat 2.0T tonight, well last night. It's past 2AM now! The ride was smooth, but the console and steering wheel just seem so cheaply made compared to the TSX. The Passat is bigger, but the TSX is more luxrious for less money. I just wish the TSX was a hair wider and had more leg room in the back. I'm seriously considering buying a TSX now. Reviews make it sound like you have to get a 6M to enjoy the car, but I have only driven the automatic so far. Is the 6M really a necessity? Do you think it will be harder or easier to resell in a few years?

Thanks for listening.
    How did you get all the things free you listed in your "no extra charges" list? What does the list include? How did they waive the destination charge? What is the sales tax on vehicles in TX? By the way, I used to live in Arlington, DeSoto, Dallas, and Ft. Worth.
  • dfusnikdfusnik Member Posts: 10
    I,ve been looking over this thread lately and it seems that the figure that's thrown around alot for selling price is $26,500 for a TSX w/o nav. Is this without the destination charge and has anybody had any experiences with the dealers here in Cleveland?
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    Just purchased a '06 TSX w/ nav (white w/ parchment interior) for $27,590 from Acura 101 West in Calabasas. I still can't believe they sold it to me for below invoice. Picking it up later today after they clean it up.
    If you want to get the most out of the car.
    Depends on the trends at that time.
  • 2apples2apples Member Posts: 1
    I just signed a contract for an '06 non-navi for $26,300 (including destination, but without TTL and the $50 documentation fee). The dealer threw in wheel locks and window tint at no additional charge. Street price (not from a dealer) of these extras is $15 and $159 respectively, so you could argue the true price of the car was $26,126. No trade or financing, so this is a true reflection of the deal. Transaction was handled by phone and express mail. Very straightforward dealer with no surprises (can't say this for some of the dealers I contacted). Take delivery next week.

Thanks to members of the forum for your sage advice.
    :shades:
  • griphongriphon Member Posts: 5
    I went to a dealer in the NYC area today. Negotiated lease offers on a 2006 TSX No/Navi A/T. Here is what I got...

$ 299/mo EXCLUDING 8.375% TAX
    27/mo
    12k mi. year
    Sign and drive .... no money down... just fees!

Is it me, or does this sound too good to be true?
    This was even before negotiating the price of the car (cap cost).

Please let me know what you think, and what should I watch out for in terms of hidden fees, prices, surprises, etc.

And could somebody also give me the residual and money factor for 2006 TSX?

I appreciate the help.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    Don't pay the taxes up front, roll them into the payment. Do this for the same reason you don't put "money donw." If the car gets smashed up while you're driving off the lot or stolen, good luck getting your money back from Gov. Pataki :surprise:

Sounds cheap. I saw a lease deal in the post today at Raylle Acura for $375 per month with the same terms as you describe above.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    It really does sound "too good to be true"..

If they had offered me that, it would be in my driveway right now..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I live in No. VA, but I'm getting better prices on a 2006 TSX from dealers in MD. Chevy Chase said they can give me the car for $25,636 + tax, tags, and freight, which I have in writing in the form of an email. They are holding a car for 24 hours without a deposit. Rosenthal said they can give it to me for $25,535 + tax, tags, and freight. Also, they will include at least two of the following three items: trunk tray, cargo net, and all-season floormats. However, I don't have that offer in an email even though I asked for it. I have been told to be wary of offers that sound too good. I am hesitant to drive to the Rosenthal dealership, because it is so far away and I don't want to waste my time. What should I think or do? Has anyone had any experience with either dealership? Also, can you get dealerships to absorb part of the freight costs?

Thanks
  • tcwattcwat Member Posts: 10
    One thing to keep in mind is future service. I went with Chevy Chase because they are two blocks from the Metro. I hate those vans that dealers send out to pick you up from the Metro. If you will need to use the Metro when you car is serviced, keep that in mind.

I found the salespeople at Rosenthal to be helpful and nice but I didn't talk money with them so I can't help you with their trustworthiness.
    The Pohanka dealership was over $1000 higher on a 2006 TSX than all the other dealerships in the DC Metro area. Now it is the end of the month and they are willing to negotiate. I really don't want to buy from them, because the Internet sales manager was rude from the beginning. I'm dealing with another saleman now. He said if I wait tomorrow and the color I want is still available, I can probably get the price I want, because it will be the last day of the month. I have always heard you get better deals at the end of the month. I have an offer of $25,636, which is $200 over invoice. I can maybe get $100 over from Pohanka and get the processing fee waived. I'm also trying to get some freebies thrown into the deal. Should I hold out? Also, will they get upset if I get too good of deal and I'm picky havings things fixed on the car that I don't like, such as scratches, etc.?
    I also received what sounded like a desperate e-mail from Pohanka - sales must be slow so they will deal but once you get down to around invoice it makes no sense to argue over the last $100 - throw them a bone. If you can get it for $200 over invoice and waive the processing fee (which is usually 299 vs. 100 in MD) you got yourself a deal.
    Wheel locks and the other little stuff that might already be on the car should be free.
    gjustus,

The destination charge was backed out on the invoice, as were the dealer-added accessories. They don't have to charge you for those things.

The salesman agreed to $26,500 plus TTL and that's what they gave me. They were very upfront and didn't try to sneak in bogus charges.

I believe tax in Texas is 6.25%.

A couple of days before I was going to pick up the car, another dealership called and I told them about the price. They said they could go "slightly lower" but that was it. So, I just stuck with Vandergriff. Besides, that other dealership didn't have the color combo I wanted. (carbon gray with black interior)

--Heather
    How much are they charging for "freight?"

I've never encountered that before.

--Heather
  • jpalermo82jpalermo82 Member Posts: 3
    I may have missed this somewhere in this forum, but does anyone know about any deals that were made in florida. I live in south florida, near the Ft. Lauderdale area, and have been to some of the local dealerships. It seems that the hunt for a 6spd can get difficult here as well, and some dealers are so certain that the car will sell for sticker, that they immediately come off as if they aren't willing to negotiate!! anyone have an idea of what kind of deal i can get around here?? :confuse:

thanks
  • cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    when MSRP is $1000?
    I like the "Silver Star" wheels on this car and am just curious if anyone in this forum has purchased wheels from an Acura dealership and can shed light on this subject.