Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• j1ggastylej1ggastyle Member Posts: 6
    I live in Fort Lauderdal too, and I've been hearing that Rick Case is giving the best deals. Althoguh, Acura of South Florda is giving free life time tires, for the orignal owner of a purchase.
  • elenadelenad Member Posts: 11
    Picked it up yesterday. Glacier Blue Metallic color - the only car in this color in New England. With Nav. and rear spoiler $28.7K Pretty happy with the deal. Couldn't get anything lower that that in the area.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    freight=destination=$615
  • jpalermo82jpalermo82 Member Posts: 3
    free tires for life, eh?? well that would be a great deal if i weren't intending on throwin on a set of 19's the day i get the car. well maybe i can spin off that deal and get something like free service for the life of the warranty (kinda like audi.) any other florida people that actually purchased a car?
  • notjafonotjafo Member Posts: 63
    auto or MT? do they have many tsx's on the lot? Also, did they break out the price on the spoiler? I've seen it sold on the web for $473 (and then there is installation) so taking that out of your pricde brings it down quite a bit
    Auto. They have a lot of cars on the lot. Spoiler with instalation is 700. So the car by itself is $28K - not too bad:))
    enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. ny brother got his in december and is having a lot of fun with it
    I love it! it has everything in it. Navigation works perfectly. I had Accord before. It such a huge step up...
  • gjustusgjustus Member Posts: 22
    So, I finally got my TSX w/out navi. It cost exactly what the dealer at Chevy Chase Acura in MD said it would.

$25,636 base price
    $100 processing fee
    $790.53 VA tax
    $85 tags
    $27,226.53 grand total

I think I got one of the best prices listed here; however, I only got the standard floor mats and wheel locks free. It would have been nice to get all-season floormats, a trunk tray, and/or a cargo net for free, but I would rather get a good price than have some things thrown into the deal that probably aren't worth 10% of their retail value. I tried to wheel and deal with Pohanka in Fairfax, where I live, a couple of times, but they simply aren't willing to give customers a good price. I think being the largest Acura dealership in the world has gone to their heads. I definitely would recommend Chevy Chase Acura. Also, they give you free car washes M-F, which is nice.

Good luck!
    I for got to include the $615 destination charge above.
  • bbq1bbq1 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone found a good/reputable car broker in the San Francisco Bay Area? Looking for a TSX and wonder if a broker would be better than dealing with Internet salesperson (from a dealership).
  • netsrfrnetsrfr Member Posts: 6
    Can't help you with the broker question, but can tell you I purchased a 2006 TSX, non-navigation, Glacier Blue/Black for $500 over invoice two weeks ago at Autowest/Stevens Creek Acura in Santa Clara thru their internet sales program. At that time they had about 40 2006 TSXs on the lot. If inventory is still large, they might be motivated to deal.

At any rate, good luck to you.
  • steveheavensteveheaven Member Posts: 5
    Hello. I am lookin to buy 2005 TSX w/o nav with under 30,000 miles on it. I found one in Torrance Acura, CA with 13,000 miles. they were asking 24,800. I wanted the car for $22,000. Is my offer too low?? EDmunds.com TMV price for the car 2005 TSX brand new w/o nav was $25,849 with des charge.so if it was used, shouldn't it be like 22 ~ 23,000??? or am i wrong???
    some dealers seems to have quite a few 05s still on the lot, and it seems to me that they should start selling at a steep discount pretty soon, even the brand new 05s, let alone one with a year's mileage

consider some TL pricing:
    Inskip Acura (inskipacura.com) in RI is advertising '05 TLs for below invoice, more than 500 below w/ navi and more than 700 below w/o navi (no other details available). The modifications from the 05 to 06 TL weren't nearly as dramatic as the TSX
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I'd say buy a new one instead. You never know why someone's coming out of their car so early.
    Your right on the mark with the 22K offer. I think the used TSX values will come down to earth once the first wave of lease cars come on the market in a couple of months. The trick is to find that car before it gets to the dealer and cut out the middle man - I'm sure the dealer did not pay 22K for that car.
    The price $27,590 is without tax and license rite????
    Thanks for the reply......it helps!
  • ronjumpsronjumps Member Posts: 6
    Nice deal. $150 less than what I got.

I am still thrilled with mine.

--Heather
    Is $500 over dealer invoice $26,048 (incl. destination of $615, minus holdback = $26,411, w/out TTL) a good price in Northern California? Or could I do better?
  • yeefuchewyeefuchew Member Posts: 2
    hey, don't know if you bought the car yet. i think 22,000 might be a little low. Maybe $23,850. I just got a brand new 2006 tsx from power south bay acura in torrance. i would guess it's the same place. i paid $25,851 including destination.
  • yeefuchewyeefuchew Member Posts: 2
    your price of $25,636 includes or doesnt include destination?
    shouldn't used one be $4,000 to $5,000 lower than brand new one? are you saying that 05' used with miles is only $2,000 less than Brand New 06' with 0 miles??? i don get it, man...
    Don't count on the dealer giving away any of the holdback but there's supposedly a $900 FTD incentive that is bringing CA prices way down. Dealer invoice is 26,051.
    Thanks!
  • zacrizacri Member Posts: 5
    I appreciate all the information posted on this board. It was very helpful in my negotiations this past weekend.

I purchased a TSX (auto, w/o nav) from Inskip Acura in Rhode Island for the following:

$26,767 (car price, including destination charge, all season floor mats, wheel locks, splash guards and touch-up paint)
    $95 processing fee
    $1,873 RI tax
    Total: $28,735

I forget the exact cost of Title/Tags in Rhode Island; shouldn't be more than $100. I financed using a loan from a local credit union at 5.34% apr.

I think I paid a few hundred dollars more than some of the others on this board, but (1) I love the car and (2) I'm positive that I would have paid even more if I had gone into the dealership just relying on the Edmunds.com TMV price ($27,723??? Are they crazy???). So thanks again!
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    Yes, $27,590 was the price without tax and license.
    The best you'd do on all those accessories if you bought them online separately is a bit over $200, plus shipping, and they installed the guards for you which is worth something as well. So that puts you in the $400-500 over invoice which doesn't seem out of line.

Thanks for the post - I'm Boston area and the pricing will help me!
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    I have a post on MPG (2004 6MT) if interested.
    anyhow, went by the good ole Acura dealer to see about driving a 2006 6MT (none here, none ordered) want an automatic? I said "I am disinclined to acquiese to your request"--Means no. Guess the movie...

Anyhow, ordered a 6MT silver Non Navi, 3 weeks dealer switch so actually comes straight to new dealer transit.
    I can either trade or sell car myself as they made a buy bid (lingo for robbing you) for $20,000 even for pristine, meteor silver, quartz 2004 6MT with 21k miles.

I have not had it long (used late last year) and paid not much more for it privately. Now, this was with a firm $26,650 on the new one with tint and splash guards and includes the $100 thanks for writing us a check fee (doc).

Actually, I am too busy now to sell the car for the few hundred extra I may get so will most likely drive around, empty the tank and wait on the new arrival with no pain.
    Car number 5 acura from this dealer in 5 years--yes I am a quack.

I have heard nothing of a 900 FTD $$. That would shock me but stranger things have happened. The $26,650 was quoted and locked in with no effort on my part other than I need a $500 over deal-fair? Done. Makes me think money left on the table. They acted like me selling my 04 would not bother them. Most likely since a stick they do not really want. An automatic would sell quickly and for more money regardless of same initial cost.
    Every one is stickless with only a few exceptions. look around lots of stick talk but few actually around less than 10%. Minority and now nearly threatened species.
  • adamsearadamsear Member Posts: 8
    Hi, there. I'm almost sure I'll be buying a new TSX soon and was wondering if anyone could suggest a great dealer in the L.A. area--better if closer to the westside (i.e., Santa Monica, West L.A., etc.).

Many thanks.
  • cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    purchased wheels from an Acura dealership? I am interested in sprucing up the look (the original wheels are nice, but I kinda want to personalize it) of the car when I go to buy one in a couple months. It kind of depends on what color I choose: “Silver Star” Aluminum Alloy Wheels, MSRP is $1000; or “High Performance” Sparkle Silver Alloy Wheels, MSRP is $1316.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
  • acme510acme510 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for what others have paid for TSX AT/w NAV in the St. Louis, MO area.

Thanks,
    I bought my Acura TSX w/ nav almost 2 weeks ago from Acura 101 West (Calabasas) for $27,590 + tax/lic. I also got a quote from Santa Monica for $27,200, but I live near Calabasas, and Santa Monica did not have the color combo that I wanted, so I went with 101 West.
    You posted 27,590 +TTL, including destination charge? The invoice on a nav is 27,257, but with destination it comes to 27,872. you got it almost $300 below?
    Yes, $27,590 +TTL includes the destination charge. I was surprised when they gave me that price because it is almost $300 below invoice. Santa Monica Acura was willing to go down even further in price. There must be some kind of incentive that Acura is giving to the dealers.
  • chaseboychaseboy Member Posts: 30
    Hey everyone, I am looking for a new 2006 Acura TSX, automatic, without navigation in the Houston area. What are current out-the-door prices like in Houston? I would like to buy within the next couple of weeks.

Any recommended dealer(s)?
    see message 2152. my brother lives in houston but drove to ft worth in december to find one he liked that was in stock and available before 12/31 so he could get the sales tax deduction. He liked the dealer and said the internet sales mgr was good.
  • ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    I would be interested to know this as well. No-nav, though. STL-area here also.

Was considering the TL but am now taking a closer look at the TSX.

If anyone has driven both and decided on the TSX instead, I would like to hear your thoughts.
    TL v TSX
    There are a few factors to consider, but you can't sort them out without driving the cars. I will probably get a TSX rather than a TL. Reasons - I think the TSX is a bit more fun to drive and I don't need the slightly extra space the TL provides (except in the trunk where the TSX allows me a fold down rear seat). I see the TL more as a luxury sedan that is also sporty rather than the TSX -a sport sedan with great amenities. Also, I think it's hard to justify the extra cost of the TL for what you get - look at the Accord EX 6cyl (man or auto) and it costs about the same as the TSX, butthas the room, and a lot of the luxury of the TL, but for thousands less. The exgine is great - it beats the TSX and competes against the TL, and it runs on regular.
  • kozman2kozman2 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,, First time poster here. I've got a dealer in my area that will sell me an 06' 6-speed, no nav for 25395.00+TTL
    Does this sound like a price I should latch on to? Thanks for any info. you can send my way.
    Take it - even if that didn't include destination that's still under invoice.

I still say there's gotta be some under the table money Honda is giving the dealers to make such prices possible.
    Where are you located?
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    That price is $656 UNDER invoice and personally I do not believe it. This is the persons first post on Edmunds. If it sounds too good to be true...
    I live in VA and got my 2006 TSX w/out navi from a dealer in MD for $25,636 + TTL, which is $200 over invoice. It is the best price I've seen posted here. I'm happy with it, but this new price someone is saying they were offered, does seem suspicious.
    w/out destination, which is $615
    You are correct about the 656 under invoice. The price is a mistake by the dealership but I'm holding them to it since they submitted it to me in writing. I just wanted to see if it still was a great deal I'm getting. It appears that it is. So what if it's my first post here, what difference that that matter. No , it's not to good to be true. The dealer quoted me a price and I'm making him stick to it, that's all. In fact, I'll be calling the dealer in about an hour or so to put my deposit down on it. Unfortunately he couldn't get the color I wanted, the closest car with the color I wanted was on the East Coast and I wasn't about to pay the shipping cost just for a color.
    And the price does include destination. The only other BS costs added in is the 100.00 "Document fee" or the "thanks for buying a car from us fee" If people here are so mad at someone else getting a good price, I can't help that, but I willinclude the dealership's name AFTER I give my deposit and he get's my car ont he lot. Never expected the negativism that I've seen here. Oh well. Everyone, enjoy your TSX's, I can't wait to get mine!
    It's not negatism - I don't think anyone here holds a grudge for someone doing really well on a car, even if it's due to a dealer's error on the quote. Part of the problem is that your original post was incomplete, leading people to wonder "what else is there." With a price that good everyone was wondering if you excluded destination (you didn't) and whether there were other fees (there are - you have to add the 100 before geting a true +TTL number) Also, even a vague location would help. We've seen some great prices hiting the board from some states (eg CA) and if you told us the state you are buying in that would have helped. I think everyone here who has yet to buy will be interested in knowing (1) how your deal turns out and (2) how close they live to your dealer.

Good luck, and congratulations of your purshase! Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the response. The reason I have kept the location vague is due to me not having my deposit down yet on the vehicle. I didn't want the dealer getting freaked out because 20 people were calling him demanding the same price. I apologize. I was being vague for a reason. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
  • ontopontop Member Posts: 279
    the Accord EX 6cyl (man or auto) and it costs about the same as the TSX, butthas the room, and a lot of the luxury of the TL, but for thousands less.

Well lets see... the TL has more HP, more torque, a longer warranty, SportShift, better tires, DVD sound system, Xenons, tire pressure monitoring system, Hands Free Link, passenger power seat, driver recognition memory settings, free roadside assistance, carbon fiber trim, auto dimming gauges, mirrors that tilt down when reversing, and of course...MUCH better looks. Sure you need premium fuel, so that adds what $20 a month to your budget? And although the rear seat does not fold down there is a passthrough. Who's gonna put lumber etc. in a car with leather interior anyway?

I too looked at the Accord EXV6 before buying a TL. I think the Accord's hurting in the styling department. They need restyle quick - I do like the Sports4 concept that the new Accord might emulate.

The TSX's restyle is great. This car definitely needs to be bought with the 6MT so it can be fully appreciated.