Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crontabcrontab Member Posts: 12
    I don't believe so. None of them stated it, so I assume not.
  • rookie_buyerrookie_buyer Member Posts: 4
    Hello All,

I recently got 2006 TSX with navi (no mud flaps and wheel locks included) for the following price. Let me know what you think of the price.

Sale Price: $ 27426.00
    Doc Fees: $ 45.00
    State Tax: $ 2129 (7.75%)
    State DMV: $ 243
    State Tire Fee: $ 8.75
    --------------------------
    Total: 29851.75 Out of the Door price.
    -------------------------

This is the best deal I got. What do you guys think of the deal.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    If you buy and pay sales tax on the east coast, and then move to CA, you will probably have to pay sales tax again when you register in CA. It would be best to avoid a purchase until you have already moved.
  • tsx06tsx06 Member Posts: 11
    So.Cal dealer quote TSX w/o Nav. for $28,000 OTD w/splashguards $ wheellocks, good deal? :confuse:
  • slindaslinda Member Posts: 5
    Just bought 2006 TSX and did not realize that there is no window stick until we got back, paid the deposit and signed the contract and will pick it up next Monday. I am just sort of concerned about missing window sticker. Why would they take this off? What can we do at this stage to protect our purchase?

Thanks
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    you could call the dealer and find out where the window sticker is. They should have it.I do not know the reason why it is not on the window but I have seen new cars without them. One time i saw it laying on the seat. Maybe because the dealer does not want you to see the price so you will have to ask so there is a better chance of them getting a sale. Good luck with your TSX. We are getting our new one Milano Red/ebony int. 6spd w. nav. Friday.
    We did some research online and registered this car with Acura. It probably is what it is since TSX does not really have any option. But as I learned from carbuyingtips.com and lemonlaw.com, only the buyers can take the sticker off. What this particular dealership is doing is against the law. We will probably go there again and take some pictures of the car when it is still in the lot. Would this help if anything happens in the future? :confuse:
    Is that law still in effect. When we have gone to pick-up our new cars the dealer has taken off the sticker price and included in the paperwork. I like it that way- not having to get the glue from the sticker off the window. You can get options- mud guards, pin-stripes, all kind of spoilers and whole bunch of other add-ons. I have not seen the car I am getting yet. I did my buying thru e-mails and phone calls. I have bought 9 cars from this dealership-they sell hyundais, hondas and acuras. (it is now 700 miles away since we moved from PA to NC. When you pick up make sure everything that is on your paperwork is included. Ask for a couple of free oil changes. We get them.
    We did not really ask for any options. The biggest concern is someone might have bought this car but returned it for some reason. That could explain why the window sticker if off. If that is the case, we are concerned if this car has any problem. :cry:
  • itseditsed Member Posts: 17
    Just picked up an 06 yesterday from Acura of Concord. $28,100 with pro package before ttl. I got to drive it from thier storage lot to the dealer with the sticker and plastic coverings still on it. Had 7 milies on the odo. Did the deal through the internet manager and was totally painless. I was done in about 3 hours including trading in my Subi OBXT. 5.99% APR From USAA was the best finance deal I could find.
    If you are concerned ask the dealer that question before you take ownership of the car. To be safe have the dealer put it in writing that it was not previously owned and returned. I really do not think it was, especially if they want to stay in business. How many miles is shown on the vehicle. Maybe you could get another TSX for the same price with the sticker on it. What color are you getting? Good Luck
    We just got back from the dealership and the window sticker is actually on the back seat and it matches the VIN. The mileage on it yesterday was only 13. We test drove it again today and everything seems fine. It is black/black and we got it for $26,500 OTD. We do trade in a 93 Nissan Maxima with 199,712 miles on it, which does not really worth a lot.
    I am glad to hear everything turned out fine. We will have to keep each other posted on our new TSX's. What state are you from? I will be getting my car on 11/17 in PA and returning home to NC on Sunday in the car. It will have a over 700 mile journey.
    I am in boston area. The only thing I feel bad about this car is we dont have a garage and will have to leave it outside during the winter :(
    My TSX will be lucky-it will be in the garage. Have fun keeping your car clean- especially black. We owned ONE. It looked sharp when clean.
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    If you buy and pay sales tax on the east coast, and then move to CA, you will probably have to pay sales tax again when you register in CA. It would be best to avoid a purchase until you have already moved.

billpaul, why do you think sales tax would be charged twice?

carshopper21, even taking sales tax out of the equation, there are good reasons to wait if you know you'll be moving cross-country soon. Unless you WANT to drive your new car 2,800 miles across America, you'll have deal with the time/expense of driving/shipping the car from one coast to the other if you buy it now and then have to move it.
  • frank100frank100 Member Posts: 1
    Last Saturday, bought 2006 TSX with so-called protection package including splash guards, trunk tray , and wheel lock.

Sale price: $25,500
    Dealer service/document fee: $498
    Tax (7%): $1819.86
    Title: $18
    WRF: $3
    Total: $27,838.86

North Atlanta

First visited an Acura dealer, tested driving, and bought the car. Didn't ask other dealers for quote.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Even with the high doc fee the price is below invoice - that's a good deal.
  • sthavornsthavorn Member Posts: 31
    The price of 07 went up $200 Any different? Is 07 available now in the lot? Thanks
    Tire pressure monitor is about the only change. Should be on the lot real soon.
  • discretediscrete Member Posts: 4
    They are already on the lot. I've just test drived it.
    What is the lowest offer for 06 TSX/no Navi. in So.Cal.?
    I have an offer for $25,605+TTL. w/splash guard, wheel locks & all weather mats.
    Hello everyone. It is obvious that the TL is more popular than the TSX if you happen to follow the posts between these two models lately. Is it because the extremely low cost of the TL that dealers are selling just around the invoice price OTD ($1,000 holdback and $2000 incentive)? I am wondering why this is not happening to the TSX. Is it because it is made in Japan and the delivery cost to the U.S. is keeping the dealers from selling below their invoice price? And there is no special in financing for the TSX, but TL is offering 4.9% APR 60 mo. where the market is at least 6%. BTW, I am in SoCal. Please advise.
    I heard from somebody saying that they are going to have a 3.9% finance offer for all models.
  • rabidkeeblerrabidkeebler Member Posts: 7
    I was talking with a Acura dealer and they told me that the Navi system gets updates on traffic. But doesn't something like that have some sort of monthly fee or subscription?
  • tnsigtnsig Member Posts: 25
    yes something like that cost extra money. I believe you have to subscribe to XM traffic (not sure exactly what it's called). I also believe the cost is separate from the monthly subscription for XM radio.

I think the traffic coverage only covers some major cities/areas...I could be wrong though
    I think the reason for the incentives on the TL is that Honda can deal more on them and are chasing a certain volume.
    The TSX has done OK to this point (still selling 2500/mo) and needs less help.
  • mathew1mathew1 Member Posts: 42
    It all depends on the ability to match capacity utilization to profits realized. Bottomline is TL production is designed at least for North America to be at a certain capacity that the market is not supporting without the initiatives. TSX production capacity is being sustained in a more even way by the market demand. All comes down to supply and demand elastic curves. Again demand is driven by the attractiveness of the features and competitiveness over competing models. If you look TL has lot more competition (some superior) than to TSX in the feature sets they carry from engine capacity to space to pricing.

--Mathew.
  • buyinginncbuyinginnc Member Posts: 7
    Ecstatic to say that as of November 22nd, I am the new owner of an '06 Premium White TSX w/Parchment Interior.:D Thanks so much to everyone on this board. I actually cut and pasted one of your price postings in the email negotiations and got this pretty good price for AT, No Nav:

Sale Price: 25,800
    NC TAX (3%): 774
    Doc Fee: 398
    Title Fee: 74
    TOTAL OTD: 27046

This included trunk tray, wheel locks, mud flaps and cargo net.

For anyone from NC who is interested, I bought from Performance Acura in Chapel Hill and negotiated completely through email (except for all the stuff they throw at you in the finance office). They were very responsive and up front about everything. I took my test drives at Leith in Cary and they were great for test driving but wouldn't respond to my repeated email requests for pricing. During our test drives they basically said they were turning away customers who requested 'invoice or better' pricing so they just didn't seem very interested in the business.

Just one question for all of you current lookers/buyers. I told the finance manager that I heard there was 3.9% Acura financing rate currently. She said she wasn't aware of it, left the office and came back with an printout showing the special rate didn't start until December 5th. Can anyone else confirm this? Posters on the TL board said they received that rate on the same day I bought - wondering if that rate was only for TLs until 12/5? BTW, I got a 6.04% rate for 36 mo.
  • delekodeleko Member Posts: 20
    I received an email either yesterday or the day before from a local (DC AREA) dealer that advertised 3.9% on all Acuras. I am assuming that this was in effect now. Unfortunately, I deleted the message, so don't have the specifics.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hi there fellow north carolian. I live near Wilmington. I am the proud owner of a Milano Red with Ebony Int.6 speed with Nav as of 11/17. I priced the car at different acura dealers near us but ended up buying it in PA at a the dealer I have dealt with over five years. I dealt thru the service manager who got me a exceptionally good price. I am also getting free oil changes and other goodies. I am in the area often so that helps. Happy Thanksgiving.
    just read the star-news and saw a ad for stevenson acura from wilmington and they were advertising for 0% financing on 07 TLs and RL (24 months) until 11/30
    Thanks to all who replied!

I also received an email from another dealership indicating that that there was a finance rate special starting 'Wednesday'. In his email, he did not state which Wednesday but I received the email this past Tuesday and therefore assumed that it started the very next day. Peformance said that the special rate for this car didn't start until Dec. 5th (which is actually a Tuesday).

The finance manager at Performance said that legally she was required to give me the lowest available rate based on my credit score. I've never heard that one before. I asked the question about finance rates on this board just to see if it was the truth!
  • rabidkeeblerrabidkeebler Member Posts: 7
    There was an advertisement on TV (Either ABC, NBC, CBS don't remember) promoting a winter holiday 3.9% APR on select vehicles and credit levels. It caught me off guard because I thought it was a typical commercial.

HERES WHAT TO LOOK FOR!

Look for a bunch of Acura cars honking at each other after hours, then a guy walking in an picking up a christmas package.

I hope they update the Acura website with more info, but since I'm planning on getting an Acura this December this could be the deal maker right here.
    It's finally here!!
    2006 and 2007 TSX Special AHFC A.P.R. Financing
    3.9% APR for 36 months, 4.9% APR for 60 months!!! ;)
  • redbugeyeredbugeye Member Posts: 16
    I got this message from a sales rep.
    I do not know the prices include destination chrage and/or any package (protection etc), but those are great deal!

Last Chance November Specials

3.9 % APR
    on select Acura models expires soon!

2006 TL $29,560 only 6 left!
    2006 TSX $25,212 only 8 left!
    2006 MDX $31635 Only 1 left!

2006 RL Tech demo package
    Was $57,335
    Is $48,500

• nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Does anyone know what the price is for a 2007 TSX with Navigation system in FL? I'm interested in getting one soon. Thanks.
  • rabidrhinorabidrhino Member Posts: 6
    Couple questions for everyone here. I am about to purchase a new vehicle, it looks like the TSX 2006 without NAVI is what I will be going with. I have been calling around to dealers and what not and so far and a price I am very willing to move on is 24,730. What does anyone think. I know it is below invoice and I have not had much luck getting a lower price then this. Is this something I should move on bc the dealer is making it seem like this offer will only be good until the 2006 stock runs out. I was also looking at 2006 passat 2.0t so any opinions on how the two compare I would appreciate. Thanks.
  • antidealer007antidealer007 Member Posts: 2
    TSX 06 no nav = 26,450 OTD. Deal or no deal ?
    I was pre-approve for 5.49% up to 60 months.

Thank you all for your help. This forum is great. :)
  • nrk1980nrk1980 Member Posts: 1
    How much is the sales tax at your place ?
    Can you also post the base price ?

Thanks in advance
    Sounds like a good price, even if it doesn't include destination fee. If it does include destination fee then I think that's the best price posted in this forum so far!
  • mrkcrwlymrkcrwly Member Posts: 19
    Got this from a KC dealer.

Acura's Value Priced MSRP for the 2006 Acura TSX is $ 28,560.00.
    Your special internet discounted price for this model is **$ 24,998.00 **$169 administration fee and $670 destination fee additional. =$25,837

If bought in 06 I would owe $580 in personal property tax in Dec. 07. If I purchase Jan 2 I would not owe personal property tax until Dec 08.
    Dealer also stated that a 07 purchased in January would be at least $2500 more.
    Anybody have a feel for how much 07's should go for in January?
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    Does anyone know what the price is for a 2007 TSX with Navigation system in FL? I'm interested in getting one soon. Thanks.

Why don't you e-mail the dealerships' Internet sales reps and ASK them directly? It's very easy.

The Acura.com website even identifies the Internet Managers by name, and let's you pull up the dealership websites directly by clicking on dealership names. (And although the site only pulls up one dealership initially when you input your zip code, there is a "show more dealerships" option.))

If you're looking in S. Florida, the two most responsive dealerships when I was buying in February 2004 were Rick Case (near Ft. Lauderdale) and Delray Acura. Others answered as well, just not as fast and not with as attractive prices.
  • antidealer007antidealer007 Member Posts: 2
    Base price 24664.56
    Sale taxes 1541.54

Good luck hunting!!!
  • rob54rob54 Member Posts: 2
    I just drove home 06 TSX red/black with NAVI,rubber mats,iPod connect $28000+360= $28360 out the door from dealer. [MSRP $30560 w destination chg incl] and 4.9%/60mo Honda finance, no down. Dealer stated 3.9% on this model not available however I think he spoke with forked tongue since I saw it in the paper and on this blog. Stated 07 not in yet.
    Portland,OR
    I would definitely get the 06 - there's virtually no change for 07 other than the higher price. You might work out a deal with the dealer to make the sale date effective in Jan so you can avoid the property tax.
    I got a quote for $25,604.19 + TTL w/seasonal mats, splash guards and wheellocks. Should I pull the trigger? Is this the best deal? What is the best deal out there so far? Appreciate for any feedback..
  • 1sttimebuyer21sttimebuyer2 Member Posts: 3
    I am reposting this from the Acura TSX forum, since I thought this forum might be more appropriate:

I read in this forum that since 06 and 07 models are similar, if I get a better deal on an 06, I should go with that. But isn't there a big difference in the depreciation of these cars? I mean, if I want to sell the car in 5 years, people would look at an 06 as a 6 year old car.

So, my question is, for an 06 TSX to be a better deal, how much do you think it should be cheaper than a similar 07?
    I just moved to NOVA and am considering buying a TSX. The question is in fairfax county (VA), is there big difference in property tax to buy a car in the end of a year VS at the beginning of a year?
  • caroholiccaroholic Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to the forum and edmunds.com. I just closed a deal for 2006 TSX auto without navi for 24k (incl destination) + taxes and fees. I still have to find out if there are any catches to it. Has anyone any experiences with Paragon acura in NY?