Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mrkcrwlymrkcrwly Member Posts: 19
    I've also been checking out 06 vs 07. According to Edmunds an 04 TSX is worth $1300 - $1500 less than an equal 05 with the same miles. Obviously I can't check what a 5 year old TSX would run.
    Assuming a good deal on an 07 in January would be 500 over invoice then we should be able to pick up an 06 for 25,100 with destination. But.... my best quote so far is $700 above that.
  • Options
    In Missouri a TSX purchased in Dec. 06 would require a payment of $580 by Dec 31, 2007. A TSX purchased Jan. 2 would cause of payment of $580 or less (because it is a year older) on Dec. 31, 2008.
  • Options
    appuappu Member Posts: 27
    I think that's a very good deal. Did you finally get it?
    Let us know your experience.

-/AS
  • Options
    caroholiccaroholic Member Posts: 5
    I was earlier supposed to pick up on saturday but the salesman got a cold feet and called up today saking to pick it up sooner. So we shall be taking the delivery tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes smoothly....
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    but the salesman got a cold feet and called up today saking to pick it up sooner

Cold feet is when you back out... I think this salesman has Itchy palms.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I am in NJ. Can I buy it from him? Let me know your experience. Also let me know the out of the door price for your TSX.

Thanks
  • Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    you can buy the car from any state. Usually you are then responsible for paying the sales taxes, reg.and other fees from the state you live in.The dealer does not do that. We live in NC and bought our 06 TSX in PA. The dealer in PA got the car that I wanted from a acura dealer in Ramsey NJ. Since states have different sales taxes, etc, the out the door price would be different. the sales tax in nc is 3% but there are other fees.
  • Options
    Are there any rebate/incentives on the "leftover" 06 vehicles beyond the 3% holdback. Dealer cost after holdback calculates to about 25,325 and noticed OTD numbers below this amount.
    What is a reasonable minimum offer? Latest offer I got on a 06 auto w/o nav is $25,500.
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    The resale value diff in 5 years will likely be less than the extra cost now - this assumes that an 07 will be at least 2K more than an 06. Sure if you could get an 07 for only 1K more than an 06 it might be worth it, but that is very unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    You'll get a pro rated tax bill due Oct. based on when you buy it. Waiting till Jan will only save you 1 months worth of taxes - probably less than $100.
  • Options
    I don't see how some of these deals are possible without some outside influence - it makes no sense for dealers to be selling a car at a loss. Definitely a deal.
  • Options
    jdzboxjdzbox Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,
    I was at the Acura dealer on 12/5. They offered to give me a 4.9 % financing for 60 months that day only because the offer ended on the 4th and they were willing to process my paper work marked as the 4th. I walked out the door looking for a better deal. Now I see it on the edmunds web site that the financing deal started on the 5th and runs through Jan 2nd? What where the dealer guys talking about? Any ideas? It was at north ATL, GA.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    For much did you get your TSX?
  • Options
    Anybody recently purchased a 06 TSX in NJ/NY area? The best quote i have gotten so far is 24895 including destination for AT without nav. I am planning to buy the vehicle within 2 weeks.

Thanks
  • Options
    There was an old offer that expired and they probably didn't know a new one had started. The dealers I talked to didn't know about it until I told em.
  • Options
    Don't know about NJ but that is $600 better than I was offered in the midwest. Did that price include everything except TTL?
  • Options
    this is what it said:

Prices quoted are before sales tax and motor vehicle fees. *Destination charge is included.
  • Options
    rabidrhinorabidrhino Member Posts: 6
    Ok All
    Here is the final price I got, I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

TSX NEW Silver without NAVI 2006 Ebony interior
    24,836 with splash guards and trunk tray (delivery included)
    doc fees and title/registration $150
    4.9% financing

Let me know what everyone thinks of price good or bad
  • Options
    sounds like a good price to me. If you wait you might do a little better but not much. I have owned my tsx 6spd 3 weeks. I love it and have no regrets. Yes if i had waited i would have the 4.9% financing instead of the 6% i am paying. the price might have been lower. But then again the car might have been sold to someone else. Have almost 5,000 miles on it.
  • Options
    Outstanding price. That $100 better than I got quoted for an 06 no navi with 6,000 miles.
  • Options
    We're getting down to "hey I got my car free. Is that a good price?" :confuse: That price is not only below invoice, it's below cost - I'm not sure how much lower prices can go unless there's some money under the table from Honda.
  • Options
    from which dealer did you get your TSX?
    Does $24,836 includes Taxes?
  • Options
    they would also want free maintenance for car. You should know dealerships do not want to make any money.
  • Options
    1000 buck kickback manufact to dealer I think under marketing support
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    I was given the following prices quote.
    2006 TSX w/Nav $30,214.03 (out the door price)
    2007 TX w/Nav $32,211.07 (out the door price)

Do these prices sound like it's a good deal? I appreciate everyone's input. Thx
  • Options
    Now it's starting to make sense - Honda usually does this - they don't give the money directly to the consumer - they launder it through the dealer. Even with that $1000, prices in the $24xxx range means the dealer is making almost nothing.

The incentive is gone 1/2/07, probably around the same time that all 06s will be gone. Get those deals now before they're gone.
  • Options
    I have been working on the 06 models for a good price without navi but with navi you should be able to get an 06 for a fair amount less...I am thinking at least 27,500 but that would be picking from there inventory. As for the 07 it may be a good price it may not...I didnt do my research on them.
  • Options
    sn05844sn05844 Member Posts: 2
    I saw several posts on here where dealers are offering 06 TSX without navi for 24xxx range. I just got a quote for a 06 TSX without Navi for $25,987 out the door. They said this is their best offer. I am new at this, so i am not sure what they mean by "out the door".

So, my question is what do they mean by "out the door"?
    And what do you think of the price $25,987?

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Options
    You may want to clarify with them about what out the door means. If it means tax, tags and doc fees included that is a good price, barring your tax rate. Out the door at some may not include tax. If it does not include tax then you are not getting a good deal. Well, you are getting a good deal but not like one you could get with a little neg.
  • Options
    avolavol Member Posts: 7
    Folks, committed to buy 06 TSX with navi for 26400 (includes destination fee, lifetime oil changes, lifeletime safety inspections, all-season floormats, wheel locks) + 245 doc fee + taxes and tags (~27500 bottom line). Could have done better, but decided to let go...

For those shopping in DC area - I got to 26300 (incl dest fee) + 100 doc fee + tags and tax VERY easily - I got confirmation from 3 dealers in no time and was looking for my favorite combination of int/ext colors. You may want to do better than that.
  • Options
    Can you tell us the name of the 3 dealer in DC area that is offering the 26300 (incl dest fee) + 100 doc fee + tags and tax for 06 with navi? I think that price is great. The recent price that I got was $30,000 out the door recently. We didn't think that was a good enough deal.
  • Options
    Bought the 06 TSX today at Radley - they had 06 with navi silver/quartz that I wanted. Pohanka matched 26330 (incl dest) but said their processing fee was 300, which left some negotiation room on the price (or freebies), I thought. But they didn't have the color combination that I wanted. The original offer was from Norris Acura West 26330 (incl dest) + 100 doc fee + taxes and registration. Karen Radley agreed to match it with 250 doc fee, but never responded to my counter offer to include a couple of extras. Hope it's helpful, and have a good hunting, but keep in mind they don't seem to have many 06 TSXes left. BTW I love the car! It's a nice addition to our 06 MDX.

Not sure that I would be that happy with a maxed out Camry that I was also considering -- turned out to be more expensive with the options I wanted. TSX has it all.
  • Options
    I think you made a good decision with the TSX!

Did your TSX have the follow as you mentioned before (destination fee, lifetime oil changes, lifeletime safety inspections, all-season floormats, wheel locks)? The price that you are indicating are way below the invoice price which I believe it should be especially when they are trying to get rid of the 06.

I'm trying to see if the dealers that I am going to in FL will match the prices that you had posted. If not, I can try. Thanks again!
  • Options
    In general the VA dealers around DC charge around 250-300 for a doc fee while the MD dealers charge around 100. If you're trying to squeeze out that last $100 out of a deal you'll have better luck on the MD side.
  • Options
    shoppingcarshoppingcar Member Posts: 2
    dealer offering $25,800 + TTL
    base TSX w\ AT
    includes all season mat

apprx $375 \ month
    36 mnth
    15k\year

(originally posted in wrong forum)
  • Options
    Yes, that was the deal. I wouldn't count on those numbers too much when shopping in FL -- FL dealers wouldn't care about those in DC. Go through internet price quotes from your local (more or less) dealers - there might be one which does not have too many TSXes left and therefore willing to get them off the lot quickly. Not necessarily the color combination that you want, but all you need is the benchmark. Then you can look for the right colors at other dealerships offering them to match what you got. Good luck!
  • Options
    Re MD vs VA dealers' processing fees - you are right. But I am quite lazy, I must admit - I live in VA, and if I buy in MD I have to do some runnng getting the plates, VA safety, smth else I don't remember.
  • Options
    coolmanasipcoolmanasip Member Posts: 4
    Guys...after a lot of haggling yesterday I was offered 24,500 (incl. Destination+Free Oil Changes+Free inspections+Wheel locks+ Floor Mats+ the color I wanted)+ TTL....making it 25,500 bottomline price for the 2006 TSX, automatic and without navigation.......Please let me know what u think.....
  • Options
    great. get it you will love it. what color?
  • Options
    sn05844sn05844 Member Posts: 2
    I just don't see how you guys are able to get them to go below $25,000. The best offer i have so far is 25,500 OTD (incl. all season mats, cargo net, docs fee.) for 2006 w/o Nav.
  • Options
    I also can't get them that low in KC. Best is also 25,500. I offered $25,100 +TTL (non navi) and was rejected. I'm now leaning back to the Accord EX-L 4 Cyl if I can't get an 06 TSX reasonable. (By reasonable I mean cheap.)
  • Options
    You must ensure you are comparing apples-apples. The price most people work from is the price before TTL. 25,500 OTD could be a great deal depending on what TTL is. A TSX in VA that is 25,500 OTD has a very low 24,xxx starting price.
  • Options
    Try again end of next week - the week before xmas is supposed to be the slowest for the lux dealers and the time to get the best deal.
  • Options
    Guys....after a long negotiating week....finally bought the 06 2006 yeasterday at 25,500 out of the door in DC area....love the car!!!!!
  • Options
    abergdcabergdc Member Posts: 3
    Coolmanasip, sounds great. Can you clarify, I assume "out the door" includes destination and handling fee, but not taxes and title, right? Is this with NAV?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    Andy...."Out of the Door" in our case means final price including taxes, tags, and everything else that is associated with the buy so in other words final not a penny more price.....we have a 2006 TSX without navigation systems....the base price was 24,400 (including destination and handling).....thanks...hope this helps..
  • Options
    ....the base price was 24,400 (including destination and handling)

Trying to compare with what I would pay in the midwest. Does the 24,400 also include all dealer fees such as documentation. In other words the only thing above 24,400 was tax, title and license paid to the state and the dealer only gets 24,400 total.

That is a great deal.
  • Options
    No...In Virginia, all dealers are required (as they say!; but its common across the board for all dealers) to charge a processing fee of $250 and hence the dealer got 24400+250.....other than that the only thing added was Tax+Tags+Title regestration (820+55+25)...making my bottomline price 25,500...
  • Options
    Actually most of them try to get $299 - since you paid $250 doc fee I'm assuming this was at Radley. They usually have the best prices on the VA side of DC. Even with the $1000 the dealer gets from Honda, at 24,400 they make virtually nothing on the car. The only way anyone will get a better deal is if Honda ups the marketing support - which I don't see happening.
  • Options
    abergdcabergdc Member Posts: 3
    Coolmanasip, that helps indeed. Thanks!

Andy