Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• edmunds12edmunds12 Member Posts: 2
    I am in So. California and the quotes seemed good. Thank you for the comments.
  • kris2kris2 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks skb123. I have emailed you the name of the salesman.
  • hll7575hll7575 Member Posts: 13
    firefighter007, I live in Northern Virginia and am in the market for a new TSX now. Thanks for your information, but I have a few questions:
    1. Why is that quoting the invoice from Pohanka is a bad thing? The invoice is $25,781 according to Edmunds.
    2. If Radley is better, why didn't you buy your TSX from them, instead from a dealer in Maryland (Rosenthal Acura?). Was it because you purely wanted to save the processing fee (lower in Maryland).
    3. How much did you pay for your TSX, if you don't mind sharing?

Based on my on research, I would try getting a TSX w/o navi OTD price for $27,000 from any of the local dealer here. This is based on the following factors:

1. It is near the model year end for the 2007 TSX.
    2. Acura gives dealer marketing help of $300 according to Edmunds.
    3. I have a college classmate who worked for an auto company, who told me that the public invoice amount is not the true cost to the dealer. He told me the dealer's true cost would be about 85% of the MSRP, plus dealer's own expenses (lot, lease, salaries, etc.).
    4. Therefore, I consider it a fare bargain to ask for something close to the invoice. If so, my calculation would end up around $27,700.
    5. I would take that price down further at least $300 to offset the Acura marketing incentive to the dealer. So I would have the range of $27,000-$27,400 to work with.

Finally, if the dealer and I stalled at $27,400, I would ask for at least 2 years of oil change, tire rotation, etc.

Wish me luck.
  • terpmjnterpmjn Member Posts: 3
    Zippy6377, I live in MD and am going to test drive the TSX this weekend. If possible, could you post where you bought and what your OTD price was? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
  • kmk42019kmk42019 Member Posts: 1
    I am a first time car buyer and do not have any experience with purchasing a car. I found this 04 TSX at a local independent dealership.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_1_|B-17000|D-_7070_|N-N|R-30|I-1|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-21236&aff=national&paId=225730716&recnum=1&leadExists=true

I already test drove the car and I really liked it a lot and the car is in great shape. I carfaxed the VIN and it was a 1 owner coming off a lease. The price says $15990 with a $2000 trade in or down so the price is actually $17990. What price you think I can get the dealer down to????
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Its a fair deal but you can do better. You should be able to get it without the capitalized reduction they want up front. In other words you should only be out of pocket the first months lease payment plus your States license fee. If you dont drive much (under 10K a year) be sure to get rates based on your mileage which will be even lower payments. Leasing can be a good way to go if you like to get a new car every 3-4 years and they have good lease rates, which Acura currently has.
  • firefighter007firefighter007 Member Posts: 8
    I don't believe that it was me who quoted all those things. Personally, when I got quotes from all the dealers.... Pohanka was the most expensive and won't budge. They told me 30400 or somewhere around that for OTD price.
    I have still to buy my TSX. I think i'll wait till the end of the month, when prices will be cheaper because dealers have to get their inventory out for comissions.
  • usmc_av8rusmc_av8r Member Posts: 16
    long time lurker, first time poster.

pulled the trigger today on a 2007 TSX w/ NAV Carbon Gray Pearl w/ Quartz interior and 13 miles on it. Price w/ destination charge was $28250. Texas vehicle tax (6.25%) was $1,093.75 (after a $10750 trade-in was subtracted from price). Title & other fees totaled $243.38. Total "out the door" cost was $29587.13.

Gillman Acura in N. Houston, Texas. Easy to work with (responded to my e-mail within 10 minutes and didn't try to change the qoute upon my arrival at the dealership), reasonable trade-in allowance, both the internet sales guy and the F&I guy were professional and straight forward with no BS (both tried to sale the "extras" but neither were pushy about it). Good experience and would recommend them.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    good deal on a great car. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have an 06 milano red/ebony 6spd w/nav tsx for 7 months with 16,500 miles. very comfortable riding car. the only complaints are the paint chips chips easy and the foglights get cracked easy too. I live in NC but bought my car at Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus, PA. They are an excellant dealer-especially there service department-very pleasant service manager and staff.
    Oops, firefighter007. You were right; I should've directed my response to the zippy guy. Oh well, I found his message a bit inconsistent, so I posted my original questions/comments.

I am in the same boat as you and sorta waiting until the end of June to start "aggressively" looking for the TSX in the Washington DC area. The salesman from Pohanka was the most aggressive in contacting me of all local Acura dealers. His initial offer was $27,499 for w/o navi (including freight, but TTL extra). He also mentioned that price would be the "easiest" part once I mentioned my intention to get a w/o navi TSX for around $27,000. Given that there's a difference of $2,000 between w/o and w/ navi, we are really talking about $1,500 potentially real hard bargaining at Pohanka.

I have been checking the inventory at Pohanka. Apparently, they are still having new shipment of TSX on the weekly basis, so there are plenty of choices in colors. I also estimated that they are selling 4-5 TSXs (all trims) a week. I know the current 1.9% low interest rate would end on 07/02/07, but I could hardly believe that it wouldn't get extended through the summer until the last 2007 TSX model is sold.

Acura makes most of its profit from the TLs and MDXs, so I am taking my time to wait for the best time to get my TSX (or my wife's...sigh!)
  • tallen91tallen91 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the post. I purchased a non-navi 2007 TSX on Friday from the internet sales manager at Radley Acura in Northern Virginia. His quote was $730 lower than Pohanka Acura! Plus free oil changes for life.
    Thanks tallen91, and congratulations! The Pohanka offer was the initial offer so I hope to get a better deal eventually. Yours is $730 lower, about halfway between my expectation and Pohanka's offer, which is likely the end result anyways. I was thinking about some kind of free oil change, but didn't expect the kind of deal you got from Radley. I sure will push Pohanka to give me the same deal.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Is it worth it to buy the navigation in the TSX, or not? I am looking for one right now. Thanks
  • foreverudisforeverudis Member Posts: 17
    Hey, I thought the same when i was looking for TSX 3 months back. I didnt have a single friend who used navigation so was quite unsure. But then i test drove one with Navigation and liked it so bought one. And after 3 months of use i amtotally loving it. believe me it's totally worth buying it..Voice activated commands i dont use much as just using the convetional way is way faster but i love the navigation.
  • bojanglingusbojanglingus Member Posts: 6
    Tallen, mind if I ask how much you ended up paying? If you could break it down, i.e. price, acquisition fee, tax, etc that would be even better.

I am in the exact same boat as you looking at the same dealerships for the same car. Like to use your numbers as a good point of reference.

Thanks!
    just checked the acura website and they have the 08 tsx price.
  • tallen91tallen91 Member Posts: 2
    I don't have the other numbers with me, but the car was $50 over the Edmunds invoice price and the processing fee was $250. I took the 3 year 1.9% financing.

The internet sales manager at Pohanka said he might have been able to beat that, if I had given him a chance. I never played one against the other. I just took the best 1st offer.
    According to Tallen:

Edmunds invoice: $25,781
    Sale price over invoice: $50
    Freight: $670
    Sales tax (3.17% in VA): $840
    Processing fee: $250
    Tags: <$100

Total estimates: $27,600 - $$27,700 with lifetime oil change.

Personally, I consider this a fair deal. The dealers have to make a living after all. I might go with Pohanka simply because they were the oldest Acura dealer in our area, and closest to where I live.
  • k_dunkk_dunk Member Posts: 5
    I think that is a very fair deal for you and your dealer. I think your point on the dealers making a living is well said. NIce job.
  • dmbisonedmbisone Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone...1st, this site is the best resource out there I am glad you are all so generous with your time! I am new to leasing and would like to know how this deal looks to you all, this is the 1st quote I received back and I noted to them I am looking for purchase (lease) within 1 week. This is for TSX with Navigation on Long Island, NY. Thanks in advance...
    -$332.90/MONTH-
    -$995.00 DOWN PAYMENT-
    -36 MONTHS/36,000 MILES-
    -PLUS TAX & BANK FEE-
    -NO SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED-
    -NO TERMINATION FEE-
    -UP TO $1500.00 IN EXCESS WEAR & TEAR DAMAGE WAIVED-

Steve
  • flash123flash123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I've gotten an invoice quote from Rosenthal in Maryland on an '07 TSX auto w/o navi. Does this sound good? Any room for negotiation?

sale price: 25,781
    destination: 670
    MD doc. fee: 95
    DC tax (6%): 1587.06
    DC tag/title: 166
    total out-the-door: 28,299.06

Going to finance at the 3.9% rate. Anybody know anything about or have any luck with the manufacturer to dealer cash incentives supposedely going on thru 7/2?

Thanks all.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey, thats sounds about right, I was offered $349 with 0 down, which I would advise to doing. Keep your well earned money! Sounds like a awesome deal! I want the navigation too, but first I got to test the car first!
  • thetukthetuk Member Posts: 6
    Just pulled the trigger yesterday. OTD price, including protection package and finishing touch protection is $30,850. I hope I got a good deal. I also took advantage of the 3.9%. I was a little hesitant on the finishing touch protection but since I was getting black on black and it adds about $10 a month so I went ahead with it.

I am also thinking to get an extended warranty and gap insurance from somewhere else. Any recommendations?

Thanks!!!!!
    for gap insurance try where you have your auto insurance-usually cheaper.
  • gujupatelgujupatel Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all those who posted about their buying experience. I haven't seen too many posts from the southeast so I thought I would share information about my purchase. Last week I purchased a glacier blue TSX (non-navi) with ebony interior for $27,345 out-the-door. I live in NC but ended up buying in GA while visiting family. I bought there because the glacier blue is hard to find and I was still negotiating my local dealers to my target price of $26,500 + TTL. Purchasing through the internet dept is definitely the way to go... although I was surprised to hear a handful of dealers in NC/VA call me back saying "You probably want to stay in your area if you are getting $26,500. Thats a great deal and we unfortunately cant sell the TSX at that price". Here's my breakdown:

Selling price: $26,200
    Tax (NC 3%): $786
    Doc fee: $300 (negotiated the selling price down)
    Title/tags: $58
    Trunk mat/wheel locks/splash guards included.

How did I do?
  • drgolfdrgolf Member Posts: 5
    where is GA did you buy?
    did they charge NC sales tax even though delivery in GA?
  • new_tsx_2007new_tsx_2007 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new 2007 tsx with Nav from Pohanka in No VA. OTD is $28500. The saleperson was great and very helpful. Happy with the purchase.
  • ausdtechausdtech Member Posts: 37
    The dealer needs to charge you tax for where you live not where the car is delivered. You'll have to pay it when you try and register it in your home state/county if you don't pay it up front.
    i live in NC and purchased my tsx from a acura dealer in PA. they put a 30-day temporary in-transit paper plate on my car. when I registered the car in NC I then paid the sales tax (highway tax as it is called in NC) and the other reg. fees. I had to give them the bill of sale,certificate of origin, odometer statement, show them proof of insurance and also my driver's license. The dealer in Pa did not charge me any tax.took me less than 10 minutes to get it registered-not bad
    Thanks for the timely info. I plan to get my TSX at Pohanka this weekend w/o navi. So I could shoot for $26,500 OTD since there's a difference of $2,000 w/ vs. w/o navi.
  • n77n77 Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting quotes of 28,300 and 28,100 OTD from Radley and Rosenthal respectively with a Maryland tax of 5%. Radley also offering free oil change for life.

Does this sound about right? Seems a little higher than what others are paying.
    That is a little bit too high for a car without Nav. I've got the same quote from Radley for 28500 with Nav and life time oil change, car wash, state inspection but i decided to go with Pohanka since it is close to my house. They sale woman also threw in all season floor matts for free. Good luck.
  • n77n77 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your post "new_tsx_2007", that's very helpful. Out of curiosity, did you pay Va tax (2% less).

On average, for how much more does a TSX with Nav sell for? Seems to be about $1000 more.
  • wheezer1wheezer1 Member Posts: 2
    That is a too high for a non-navigation TSX. I purchased from Radley and got $27,200 OTD.
    I paid 3.17% for VA tax. People pay extra 1300 for Nav in general. Remember to ask for all season floor matts and wheel locks.
    while you are at it ask for the trunk tray, door-edge guards, mud guards, and some free oil changes
  • thatsenoughthatsenough Member Posts: 7
    Does the price include TTL? If it does, it is a very good deal :shades:

Dealers here can do 30,000 OTD for a 2007 TSX w. Navi, but not much lower than that :( . Tax here is 6.25%
  • ev6284ev6284 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2007 TSX Non-navi Aotumatic. Bought it out here in San Diego CA.

Also included were the wheel locks, all weather interior mats, cargo tray, wheel & door guards, and mud guards in the front and back.

Total price with tax and licenses----> $28210

Got 3.9% for 60 months through AHFC.....

Did I get a fair shake here in California...Need your help
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Taxes re different in every state. Just provide the total cost of car w/o taxes and license for more accurate comparison.
  • gujupatelgujupatel Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the delayed response. I purchased at Acura of Augusta in Augusta, GA. I was charged NC sales tax since that is where I reside and where the car will be registered.
  • tsx_fan2tsx_fan2 Member Posts: 5
    I doubt about it. The best deal I got in San Diego area for 07 TSX AT w/Navi +protection package (mud guards, carpet, wheel locks, and trunk tray) is about $28,300 w/o TTL.

I was asking for $27500 + TTL for AT w/Navi, but I could not get it.
  • thetukthetuk Member Posts: 6
    To clarify my earlier post, I got mine in Los Angeles area for $27,699 w/ protection package and w/o TTL. With touching paint protection....total OTD (8.25% tax) was about $30,800.
    Could you please tell me which Acura dealer in LA? What did you get? 07 TSX auto w/Navi & protection pkg black on black?
    I am trying to push down to $27500 w/o TTL now.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hello all. what are the differences between 07 & 08. I checked on Acura official website and the only difference i noticed was the price :( It was up by $100. Please advise.
    I thought Acura was going to change the model entirely for the 08. :confuse: :confuse: I guess not.
    I have talked the dealer last week, and was told there is no difference b/w 07 and 08. But the promotional APR is only applicable for 07 TSX. The dealer is receiving 08 only shipments since July 07. But the all new design 09 will be out around March 08.
  • demeniondemenion Member Posts: 1
    best price i could get in TX was 27900 out the door.

non nav 07 TSX

they wouldn't even throw extras like window tint / all season floor mats, etc.
  • rone3rone3 Member Posts: 12
    we picked up car today, 7/6/7. Wow! was contacted on 7/5/7 by a super guy at mcgrath acura of westmont, il, within an hour of submitting a quote request, using one of the internet services. i volunteered quote i read in this forum. salesman volunteered invoice, less a $500 incentive that we didn't even know about! i telephoned my wife (her purchase) she gave go ahead, and i arranged purchase details over the phone. today,there was a minor delay in the dealer processing our buy to get the $500 off, so the salesman got us free all weather floormats, cargo net, and splash guards for "your inconvenience." he even talked us out of spending money on some other accessories, that truly, we really didn't need! the entire mcgrath was most professional, helpful, and friendly. spouse drove home (110 mi) with an ear to ear grin. was concerned after a test drive at another dealer that the car would ride too harshly. I read and know from experience that a lot of car dealers and tire dealers can't seem to read a tire pressure gauge. I took my own along, and yep, 40 psi in fronts and 38 psi in backs. i adjusted to 32/30. her comments upon arriving at home - "i love it, it has everything i could possibly want, fits me pefectly, the car is like an extension of me", and oh yeah, "the car rides perfectly - no harshness or bumpiness at all." (thank you, mr. tire gauge!) by the by, over the past two months we extensively researched cars on the internet and in books and magazines, as well as test driving the tl, g35, m35, is 250, gs 350, accord, a4, a6, avalon, solara, and camry se. none were less expensive and some were as much as $20,000 more. they all have their merits, but honestly, we do not believe that, for the money, one can buy a more beautiful, well-designed, quality-built, reliable, and fun car that has all the amenties of the tsx. pardon our verbosity, but we wanted to share our thoughts/experiences. we hope it has been helpful because this forum was invaluable to us in making our decision. be happy to expound (is anyone surprised?). if anyone has questions - just email me.
  • astropupastropup Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone gotten better financing than 3.9% on a new TSX for 60 mos.? (Especially in the DC area.) Thanks.
    according to the acura website the interest rate is now 4.9% for 60 months
    according to the acura website the apr rate is 2.9% for 36 months and 4.9% for 60 months on both the 07 and 08 TSX