Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sritsxsritsx Member Posts: 1
    i had a wonderful experiance of buying my new 2007 acura TSX from superior acura in cincinnati ohio,first thing it was so hard to find a 2007 tsx, anyhow after all the hard work of finding the car, the deal i got was amazing .i paid $25450( includes destination charge and protection package )protection package costs 350$ so on a whole i think it was a great deal.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    That is an amazing deal. Congratulations.
    The best quote I've been able to get was $26100 for a non-navi.
  • jt220jt220 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Los Angeles, CA
    yesterday I went to a Sierra of Alhambra, they gave me the price for tsx w/ navi and protection pkg otd is $31,500
    is it a good price or too high?
    That seems to be full MSRP. I don't think anyone should be paying full MSRP for a vehicle that is likely on its last production year for its current generation. But, it's always based on supply and demand in your area. I would recommend shopping around. Good Luck.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    depends on the sales tax and what other fees you are paying. the sales tax here in nc is 3% so our OTD price would be lower. what is the price before all those add on fees.
  • jt220jt220 Member Posts: 3
    in CA the sales tax is 7.75%
    but before all those fees and tax, it is 28,960
  • shaggyvideoshaggyvideo Member Posts: 9
    Just leased a 2008 TSX w/ Navi.. MSRP- $30,960. Paid $28,250 for the car plus TTL and acq fee. Security deposit waived. 15000k/36 mos, $590.34.. no money down. Traded in my 2007 Altima, and negative equity of 4900 was rolled into the figure. Money factor was .00216 and residual was 58%.
    you probably could get it for a lower price if you want to haggle. the price is not all that bad tho. you could also try to get some other goodies-like free oil changes, touch-up paint and whatever. they are great cars except for the lousy paint that chips easy. good luck and enjoy.
  • cmundsoncmundson Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. I figured the least I could do was to post my experience. I got my 2007 Carbon Gray TSX Non-Navi for 26100. I got it at Acura of Las Vegas... it was a pretty good experience for buying a car. I tried to make a deal for 25500, but they wouldn't bite. I even busted out the consumer reports breakdown of dealer incentive and holdback. The best I could do was 26100... which was 400 under invoice. Good luck to all future buyers. It is a pretty sweet ride!!!
  • mbengembenge Member Posts: 18
    enjoy the new ride! You got the color I would've chosen if ours was to be "my" car, but it is the wife's main transportation. Good choice.
    Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything like that, but I just want to clarify that the 2007 Acura TSX currently has a $1500 manufacturer to dealer incentive. So, for a non-navi TSX whose invoice price is around $26500(actually $26451), the invoice price drops to around $25000.

I was offered the same price but $1100 was too much money to leave on the table. That is, in addition, to whatever dealer fees the stealership might want to extort.

I am glad, though, that you are pleased with the vehicle.
  • icer1nucciicer1nucci Member Posts: 2
    I am currently pondering purchasing a new 2008 TSX.
    Sticker: $28,860
    Negotiated: $26,500
    Sales Tax: 6%
    Breakout: 26,500+1590(tax)+32(title)+76(registration)+200(doc fee) = $28,400 OTD

Is this a good deal? The salesman says he is trying to get units sold. That this is a deal that shouldn't exist at this time. The car hasn't even hit the lot yet. I know the BS salesmen use, but my research shows that this is a Great price. Should I run there and sign or low-ball this number again? Also, Two dealers are currently competing for this sale. Also, is there anything I should ask for on top of this price...mats, splash guards..etc

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
    sounds like a good deal-ask away before you sign the final papers. things you can maybe ask for: door-edge guards, mud guards, trunk tray, wheel locks, all season mats, and some free oil changes. you will not find out unless you ask. good luck. i hope if you do buy you enjoy it as much as i am with my 06 milano red/ebony 6 spd/wnav. will have it one year 11/17 and it has 25,750+miles.
    Since invoice prices on the 2008 TSX don't seem to be available yet on Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book, I'll take a guess and use the 2007 invoice price of $26451 + (give or take) $100 since that seems to be the price increase between 2007 and 2008. So, our guesstimate invoice price is $26551 (might likely be lower).

Did you offer $26500 or was that the salesperson's counter offer to you? If that was a counter offer, I would try to counter with a few hundred greenbacks lower just to see if they'll take it. If not, then if you feel comfortable with the price and really want to close the deal now, put down $100 for the vehicle to hold the price and the vehicle. If you're not comfortable with it, advise the salesperson to call you as soon as the vehicle gets in and do the deal then. Good Luck.

P.S. I think it's a good price considering a 2007, I was looking at, was being offered to me at 26100 counting the 1500 manufacturer to dealer incentive. So, they're really only giving me $400 out of the $1500. If you're in FL and wouldn't mind sharing the dealership, please PM me. Thanks.
  • icer1nucciicer1nucci Member Posts: 2
    I offered $26,500 and said Im walking without a confirmation that that number would work. I used a bluff from another dealership, saying they had verbal committed. I never released the name of the other dealer, since there were 3 others within an hour drive. I'm pretty sure this guy was frustrated thinking I could walk out and get this deal elsewhere. Which the other deal was $27,000 for the same car. I am a professional Card Player so bluffing comes somewhat naturally. I know this deal would exist at the end of the year or begining of next year. I just wanted to puch my luck. I'll keep you guys posted...I'll be closing the deal monday! Is there anything else I could ask for? I don't live in FL, live up north but demand is still high for these cars...especially black
    Well...if you offered 26500, and they agree on it, then I think that's where it will stand. Kinda hard to ask for more stuff or discount if they agreed to your counteroffer. It's a good price, IMO.
  • cmundsoncmundson Member Posts: 2
    No bubble to burst. I went to 2 dealerships in the Vegas area. One dealer would not budge from invoice of 26450. I had all the info on the 1500 incentive and the 843 holdback.
    The other dealer would only sell for 26100. So, this was the best offer I could get right now.
    Yeah, it's likely a 'what the market will bear' situation. Some areas have a higher threshold than others. Enjoy your car.
  • bindhaasbindhaas Member Posts: 1
    msrp = 30,290
    invoice = 28555

deal I'm getting is 28300, includes destination charge (700$)

is this a good deal in North California, or should I look for more ?
    I assume this is a navi-equipped model. A below invoice deal on a 2008 model seems like a good deal to me.
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    I got an offer for a new 07 with navi for 26,970, I don't know if that includes the destination charge. Is this as good as I am gonna get or should I push harder? I also have a trade in so maybe I can push hard on the trade in.
    That's $188 over invoice, including the $1500 incentive, i.e. 28282-1500=$26782 effective invoice. There maybe a bit more wiggle room. However, you may get lowballed on your trade in so make sure the trade-in value is at least Kelly Blue Book or NADA. Good Luck.

I maybe breaking down the dealer as they are almost agreeing to my $24,500 offer on a non-navi.
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    sweet, thats a good deal you are getting. I will try to get a lower price and a good value on my trade!!! according to carmax I am almost 4k negative but I think I could probably cut that down to 2k.
    Well, the dealership has a Glacier Blue unit which I'm not too fond of (but can live with) so they suggested getting a unit from elsewhere in any color preference. But, it would cost me $500 flatbed fee plus a customer service fee of $370 for a total of $870. Quite a bit of cash just to get a different color. I was kinda upset since they were not upfront about the fees, typical dealer. I might offer $24K for the Glacier Blue and see what they counter. That way, it would appear that I'm forcing myself to get the vehicle. Which, in a way, I am.
  • timber72timber72 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if the dealers are still getting the $1500 incentive? I keep seeing it referred to...
  • mbengembenge Member Posts: 18
    check out

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/acura/tsx/100826497/incentives.html?vdp=off&setz- ip=37211&state=TN

It should go on thru the 31st, but it is only on '07's.
  • columbusacuracolumbusacura Member Posts: 7
    I'm trying to get quotes from several Ohio dealers and am getting prices of $27,431 to $28,400.

I'm pretty disappointed in some of the higher starting prices for negotiations, since I contacted Internet Sales managers directly, hoping we could avoid some of this. I think even the advertised newspaper specials were based on less than $28,400...

I think my realistic goal would be $300 over invoice, or $26,930. Anyone think I could get there? I'll post when I do reach the end of the negotiations.

I've also tried the Costco price quote, but haven't heard back. Anything else to try? Autobytel, CarsDirect.com?
  • punkyjunior895punkyjunior895 Member Posts: 33
    Your getting ripped off. In April 2008 [about 6 months] the redesigned 2009 TSX will be out. You will by then be able to get this car for 22-24K Out the door with taxes.
    I passed on the TSX. Dealers won't budge. I guess demand is still high but I just can't get myself to pay what they wanted.

Anyway, I bought a brand-new 2007 VW GLI with DSG, PKG#0 for $21,499 + taxes which I think compares well with the TSX, if not better. The TSX is great car but Acura dealerships think highly of themselves too much, IMO.
  • columbusacuracolumbusacura Member Posts: 7
    Update on the 2008 TSX (Ohio, auto, non-navi):

Looks like the best offers I'm getting so far are $27,400 with the acura protection package I don't need. It also sounds like there is some room to move, maybe around $27k without the package.

I'll take my leasing questions to the appropriate forum, but I thought I'd share just a bit more:

Here's where is gets interesting -- The following cars I'm looking at all have the same 36-month lease payment of $375 per month:

- 2008 Civic EX Nav ($800 over invoice)
    - 2008 Mazda3 s Grand Touring (at invoice)
    - 2008 TSX non-navi ($800 over invoice)

In any case, good luck shopping.
  • domain123domain123 Member Posts: 6
    Posted this in the dealership review section but since it included lease/prices paid as well I figured it would be helpful here as well. Those perusing these boards are already a step ahead of the game so this story might be old news but figured I would share. For those who just want pricing details I have put them in bold below.

My sister went in to lease a new 2008 Acura TSX with Nav from Open Road Acura on Rt. 18 in East Brunswick. I don't necessarily blame the salesman because she really had no business leasing a car without having any idea what a car lease was but she ended up being taken for a ride.

The crazy thing is she felt like she got a deal because she "negotiated" the salesman down from a monthly payment of $480 per month down to $440 per month. This monthly payment wouldn't have been outrageous had she only paid inception, but rather she was paying $1000 out of pocket ....along with a $2000 trade-in allowance for her car (which by the way has a trade-in Blue Book of $4k). Based on what I later found out about the residual and money factor programs that Acura was running at the time that means she actually negotiated them DOWN to a couple hundred OVER MSRP.

Luckily the car was not on the lot and she had to leave without driving it away. (There is a GOD!)

As soon as she came home excited about the great deal she just got I reviewed the details with her and found out that:
    1. She had no idea what the sale price of the car was
    2. She had no copies of the paperwork she signed since they said "You don't get that until you pick the car up"
    3. She had put down a thousand dollar deposit that was indicated to her as non-refundable

I immediately called Open Road Acura and spoke to the salesman. I asked him what the sale price of the car was and he responded with "Sir, your sister leased a car, she did not purchase it, so there is only a monthly payment not a sales price". I quickly let him know that I was not my sister and have leased a dozen cars before so it would be helpful if he changed his response quickly in order to preserve the deal. He started umming and awwing a little bit at that point, but the long and short of it is that he never told us what the purchase price was. I told him in order to have the deal proceed we needed to at least get a copy of what was signed immediately faxed over to us, or at least some indication as to the terms of the deal. I wanted sale price, MSRP, residual and money factor. He then gave some line about not being able to disclose the residual to the public, it was proprietary information, ya da ya da ya da. After I reminded him that without a residual you cannot calculate a lease payment and it would have to be presented on the lease paperwork anyway he said he would see what he could do.

To my surprise the next day we get a fax from Open Road about the terms of the deal. It wasn't the paperwork my sister signed. In fact it was actually a much better deal. Without even asking for a discount the lease payment miraculously went down to $389 a month. This reflected the same $1k out of pocket and $2k for the trade-in (that is worth $4k) and actually reflected a sale price - $29955.93. The sale price of $29955.93 reflected a whopping $335 discount off of MSRP (sarcasm).

So if $389 a month with $3k out of pocket reflects a discount of $335 off MSRP then that means her initial deal of $440 month means she was going to pay about $1500 over MSRP! Good thing she is a good negotiator, because otherwise their initial lease offer of $480 per month would have had her paying almost $3000 over MSRP!

Anyway, I guess Open Road had to give us some numbers at some point if they were going to expect monthly payments. Unfortunately for them we could put 2 and 2 together to see what a bad deal they had presented and couldn’t in good faith continue to give them our business (even if they were now reducing the payments in the 11th hour).

Suffice it to say we took our business elsewhere. As soon as the dealers know you have done your homework all the quotes we got from other dealers in the area were at or a little above cost ( Sale price of $28,599) for the exact same car. I am sure we could have gotten the same or a similar deal at Open Road Acura as well but as you can imagine we had a sufficient bad taste in our mouth so preferred to go elsewhere.

She ended up getting the 2008 TSX with Nav from Precision Acura of Princeton for $395.03 per month / 1354.03 out of pocket. Sale price: $28599.89, 58% residual, money factor .00152, 36 months/15k per year, MSRP $31,005.
    Morals of the story:
    1. Don’t go to any car dealer without doing your homework. Although some are decent and may not take advantage of you should be prepared for the worst.
    2. Don’t shop leases based on monthly payments, shop on sale price. You can get a Porsche 911 Turbo for $400 per month with $25,000 down and a trade-in of a year old Porsche Boxter. (Money factor and residual effect the deal as much as the sale price however as long as the lease plan is already pre-structured from the manufacturer there is not much you can do about it (except pick a different car). Don’t know for a fact but I am guessing 3rd party leasing companies may allow the dealer to change money factors/residuals to pad margin)
    3. If you don’t understand what a lease is, or how to calculate one - bring someone with you who does.

I have leased literally a dozen cars and I still get confused.
  • pickledherringpickledherring Member Posts: 10
    Re punkyjunior895 - 22-24k out the door? Really? There will be some nice discounts once the new model comes out, but 22-24 sounds a wee bit optimistic, if not flat out unrealistic.
  • punkyjunior895punkyjunior895 Member Posts: 33
    It's actually not un-realistic. If you look back on the forums near year end, when model close out deals were happening, people were getting the non navi models for example for 26, or 26.5K OTD, with sticker of 28,900. Considering the model will be out of date, another 2K off is realistic. The current 2007 Honda Accords are being offered for 22K OTD, from a 28K sticker price.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    You might be able to eek out 24K OTD in some no tax/low fee state but never in CA or NY where high taxes and fees really add to the OTD price. And all of that assumes Honda will pony up at least a 2K incentive on the outgoing TSX - not a sure bet. I just don't see Honda doing that - they rather cut volume than discount that much.

There's only one factory that cranks out the EuroAccord/TSX - it'll probably take them a month to switch over to the new model. During that time there won't be any new cars shipped so the volume will go down and prices may stay at current levels. Yes, March and April next year will be the best time to get the last of the current gen TSXs but they won't be going for 22-24K OTD. ;)
  • ctcarshopperctcarshopper Member Posts: 1
    I have negotiated a purchase price on a 2008 TSX (no nav) of $27,315 including destination but excludes all other applicable fees. Is this a decent price????
    Depends on the location but you should be able to do better than that.
  • jjandersjjanders Member Posts: 18
    Like the post a couple above mine, I received a quote for a 2008 TSX 6spd non Navi of invoice (26,630) plus destination (715) for a total of $27,345. The response above mine says you should be able to do better? I would think getting invoice would be pretty good on an 08. Should getting a bit below be possible with the end of the year and new 09's coming soon?

Price + TTL in Connecticut would be ~$29,500.

Thanks.
    Invoice on this car is around 26,600 including destination - so a good price would be anything below 27K - doable in CA, and some other markets. Later in the MY Honda will likely have a dealer rebate (they almost never have a direct customer rebate). With the 07 it was 1500 - this being the last MY of the model it could be higher. In some markets dealers just won't deal- if you want a deal you may need to expand your search area.
  • jondc212jondc212 Member Posts: 15
    thanks for all the postings.. i went from AUDI a3 to SAAB 9-3 to finally my purchase of the TSX. Im located in SF, California.

The price i got on the internet was $26,130 (including destination + wheel locks.. who cares?!?). and price i paid was $26130. no room for negotiation, no dealerships could beat this price

Great purchase + great service. They got me paying $2k for extended warranty and $300 for car service every 5k miles, but i have 30 days to cancel this policy.WHICH i am going to do..These Japanese cars are made to last riight??

I tried going everywhere but no dealership could beat this price. They either matched it or said a little higher.. gluck.

black on black.
    j[_]
  • newtsxownernewtsxowner Member Posts: 4
    I pick up my carbon gray 2008 TSX with navigation on Friday which I bought for $28,350 excluding taxes and tags. Out the door price of $30,000 in MD. I also got a GREAT price for my trade-in. If you live in or near MD go to Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg. They are great! :shades:
    I got an '08 navi model for $28,350 including destination ($30,000 OTD in MD - 5% tax) plus over blue book on my trade in. Keep pushing.
    The dealership counts on those extras after the sale to make some money - good choice on canceling the extras - not needed.
  • dyung1dyung1 Member Posts: 3
    great story, happy ending
  • dyung1dyung1 Member Posts: 3
    where on internet?
    You got jacked on the warranty..... I only knew about this warranty deal from a friend. I would have done the same thing.

Best deal around....

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/pricing.php
  • dkleinhdkleinh Member Posts: 3
    I wonder if you got yours at the same place I got my 2008 with Navigation &
    wheel locks (around SF): $28,200 incl. destination. I fought off everything else.
  • wysguymdwysguymd Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2008 TSX Auto/Navi - base cap cost of $28,555 inc destination at Rosenthal Acura, Maryland.
  • jondc212jondc212 Member Posts: 15
    auto west aura on Stevens creek, south bay area.

good luck.. im loving the ride.. why doesn't car space post up a picture forum..

TSX 08 black on black
  • witt168witt168 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you verify the moneny factor and residual for 2008 TSX base for 36 month lease and 10K/year

I was quoted 0.0068 and 60%

Thanks
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    i know i am not the car_man but I have been givin the same money factor and residual from a dealer. Really cheap money factor at 1.63% and one of the best residuals you will find. Hopefully he will chime in but I think you have waited long enough for your answer.