Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    So it is a dealer incentive and not a rebate.
    That's actually better because that would mean you wouldn't have to pay sales tax on the pre-rebate price of the car because the actual sales transaction price would be lower.
    It's also great for the people who would want the nav because the extra $500 would help pay for part of the higher depreciation on nav models.
  • jfooljfool Member Posts: 15
    I agree on that. Looking for 2008 non-navi for mid - $24.000 - will see what happens...

Oh, by the way, I hear that there will be a promotional financing from AHFC 0 - 0.9 across the board. Did anybody else hear about this?
  • gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    No, where did you hear that?
    Someone dropped a line at a party, claiming to be a car salesman...I will believe it when I see it...
  • astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    Let me know how successful you are getting close to $24,000. I am considering a base TSX as well, but with $2,500 Acura to Dealer rebate on the TL's I might be more inclined to consider one of them unless the dealers offer a better deal on the TSX. If they offer financing like you are talking about, that would be hard to beat.
    I hope the financing will happen... TL does look attractive though... Thing will get better - I am an optimist - may we get all that we want, or at least, most of it...
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Looking for 2008 TSX base/ no options for under 25000 in the Dallas Area. If anybody can help plz let me know.
    BTW, does anybody know how much the 100000 miles warranty would cost on this vehicle?
    Thanks in advance
  • kjhighballkjhighball Member Posts: 10
    If you want a new TSX, try one of the Acura dealers - David McDavid, Goodson, Vandergriff. With rebates, a 2008 TSX base might be had for around $25K.

For service plans, search for AcuraCare and you'll find several hits. Saccucci and others can give you online quotes. When I purchased mine at David McDavid, the finance manager matched the best online price. You can expect to pay about $1300 or so.
  • cyberdog99cyberdog99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi -

Normally when I buy something I research everywhere and know it inside and out -- with cars, I feel pretty lost. My lease on my Mazda 3 is just about up and I'm having trouble deciding what to replace it with... I've enjoyed the car and it's been great, but I think I'd like to try stepping it up a level.

So, I'm looking at the 2008 TSX, no navigation, to lease... I was given a quote for 12K/36mo of $345/mo with $1853 down. He said invoice is $26,630 and he's giving it to me for $25,130.

The $1853 includes the first months payment, taxes, tags and an 'acquisition fee.' The acquisition fee is $595 and I asked them to take it off, but they said it had to be there...

Does this sound like a good deal? Any tips? I've never had to buy premium gas, any thoughts on making this change? Is it gonna hurt now every time I fill up?

This is in VA, near DC, if that helps anything...

Thanks for any help in advance!!
  • hipreckhipreck Member Posts: 67
    To calculate if you are getting a good deal on a lease, you need to know the money factor and residual. Ask the dealer what this is and post it here. I believe the money factor on the 2008 TSX is now .00235 (5.64%). My guess is that Acura dropped the residual values when the 2009 came out.

The acquisition fee is normal, some companies will charge a higher money factor and waive it.

For the gas, what is another 20 cents on top of $3.65. For a percentage standpoint, it's now pretty minimal.
    Checked dealers today on the 2009 TSX. They want MSRP for new customers and $500 off MSRP for existing customers.

I would like to buy one, but I'll wait for availability to get better (and discounts to increase).
  • cyberdog99cyberdog99 Member Posts: 2
    Here's all the info I got on the lease....

Residual = .56
    Rate = .0025

MSRP = $28,960
    Invoice = $26,630
    Price = $25,130

Total first month = $345 (first month) + $808.83 (tax) + $99 (govt fees) +$595 (acquisition fee).

Thoughts? Thanks!
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    All of the incentives are listed here at Edmunds.

Honda never does customer cash rebates - it's always cash to the dealer. Your job is to know that and have the dealer give it to you.

It's sad to know that some folks paid $1500 more for a Navi model on 4/30 than they could have the next day. :cry:
  • gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    I spoke with a different dealer yesterday. There is a $1,000 dealer holdback on the 2008 TSX with Navi. This is in addition to the marketing support.

Any one know the holdback for an '09?
    The dealer is charging about 25 basis points (.24) over the going lease rate. That is not unusual at all. That costs you about 5 bucks a month.

I come out with $350.94 a month with those numbers (not including any taxes).

Acura had been doing a much lower interest rate of .00071 (1.7%) in March earlier this year with the same residual. But they were not offering the marketing support on the purchase price. The payment in March would have been around $320. My guess is they do not have that many 2008 models left and they cut back on the lease support in favor of the marketing support.

Leasing tends to be not as good of a deal at the end of a model.

Based on the current Acura leasing numbers, you won't get a substantially better deal than what you are being offered.
    The holdback is 3% of sticker (true of virtually every car) and dealers would have to be pretty desperate to give up any of it. They might be willing to go down to invoice but dipping into holdback is rare.
  • jackrabbit59jackrabbit59 Member Posts: 1
    Top Notch team at Crown Acura in Richmond. I got a good deal and Crown Acura doesn't make you sacrifice on customer service like others do. Here's how my experience was...

I have been considering an Acura purchase for approximately three years now. On April 18, 2008, I finally decided to do just that. I have nothing but nice things to say about my salesperson (can't name him here per edmunds agreement initials A.P.). He was an excellent salesman and really made sure that I was comfortable. He gave me the deal that I wanted and I walked away with a brand new 2008 TSX. I researched edmunds true market value which provides dealer's invoice and what others are paying. It is a purchase that I am very proud of. Management team was wonderful too. At the time of the purchase, I decided to add a few accessories, such as splash guards, moonroof visor, and a spoiler. We scheduled a service appointment and A.P. took care of all that for me. A very important matter came up for the Saturday appointment and I called the service department to reschedule and it was not a problem at all. They took care of the rescheduling and the gentleman with whom I spoke was very courteous. One of the best things about the service department is not only the courteousness, but the hours as well. I am an auditor, so I travel quite a bit. Some days I work grueling hours, so the fact that they open at 6:30 really helps out as well. It is easy for me to drop off my car and go on to the office with ease. When I arrived the morning of my service visit, the doors were open at exactly 6:30. One of the employees in that department came out greeted me, ask me my name, and knew instantly what I had brought my car in for. He gave me a courtesy loaner car to drive and sent me on my way in less than 20 minutes. Overall, my experience has been most excellent with Crown Acura. It has been such a good experience, I have shared it with other friends and colleagues that are in the market for a new vehicle. If my continued service and sales experience is this stellar, then Crown Acura will have my business for a very long time.

I would never consider battling the traffic by driving to Northern Virginia to buy an Acura after buying from Crown in Richmond. I live in Richmond and got a good deal and Top Notch Service as well!!! For the first time I can say I am proud of my car purchase.
  • gotkrusgotkrus Member Posts: 2
    I walked into Sierra Acura in Alhambra, CA this morning and was kindly assisted by their Internet Sales Department. The 2008 TSX base models are extremely scarce. I emailed over eight Acura dealerships in the LA/OC/IE area and some had at most two left, while others had none. This dealership had a Silver and Artic Blue Pearl color available, but none of the Carbon Gray Pearl color I had wanted. I was told the Carbon Gray Pearl color was sold out over a month ago and that it would be extremely rare to find that model/color at any dealership. I ended up purchasing the Silver. While I was completing my sale paperwork, multiple buyers inquired about the car that was just to me. I think I received a good deal and wanted to share it with all those who have contributed to this informative forum.

Vehicle Cost: 25,329
    Doc Fee: 55
    Sales Tax (LA County 8.25%): 2,094.18
    License: 164
    Tire: 8.75
    *TOTAL OTD: 27,714.93

Down payment 15,000
    Financed 12714.93 at 2.9% (Memorial Weekend Special Rate) for 36 months
    Finance Charge (split between 36 months): 592.47
    Monthly Payments: 369.65

One free complimentary oil change and mud guard to be added at no cost.

Hope this helps someone. Good luck to those who are still researching a purchase.
  • dreamboatdreamboat Member Posts: 1
    Got an 08 las week with Nav and pro package in a dealer swap. Paid 28,400 OTD(6.75% tax + 250 doc fee0 with a beater trader in. Didn't have a very pleasant experience and wish I had a choice of better dealer. Just wanting to see if this was decent deal, didn't shop around much since there are not a whole lot of them available. Just wondering if I did ok on the pricing...
  • anilpunjabianilpunjabi Member Posts: 61
    Was the deal guy for my gf - sticker was 29700 after dealer accesories(Mud gaurds, wheel locks, trunk tray). Did it all over the internet - knew that there was a 1k factory cash - in and out with 25k flat plus tt and license - out the door price 27,134. Very limited supply now - all the reviews say tghe 08 is better than the 09 :)
    hey abt 1300 and some change for the extended warranty - i got ours for 25k flat - and the dealer needed verifciation of the email twice.
  • yvtyvt Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I tried to email all of the nearby dealers for the internet quote but every one asked me to call them and didn't want to quote via email. Did you bring in any quote to them? I am living near Alhambra and would like to check it out there. Thanks.
    just let them know you wont come in until price is negotiated, that usually works. I also am in LA where there are liek 3 or 4 dealers in a 15 mile drive.
  • astaticastatic Member Posts: 1
    Checked out a place in the GTA called Performance Cars and gave me a better quote for a new TSX than any of the other dealers I was looking at.
  • stones3131stones3131 Member Posts: 21
    I test drove one last night and I gotta say I loved it.

Sticker price was 29,675

I checked the TMV on this site and it's somewhere around 29,400. Is that really the best deal people are getting? The invoice is around 27,300

What can I expect to get this car for?
    Two things working against you for a better price - brand new model and high gas prices. The newness will wear off by the end of the year but continued high gas prices will keep all good mileage cars in demand. I don't think demand will soften enough to lower prices any time soon.
    Agreed with the previous post.

I bought an 09 TSX for 700 off MSRP three weeks ago. The dealer has not been able to keep a selection in stock and they are remaining very firm.

My wife got 28.5 MPG in mixed commuting, better than the 25 MPG her Mazda 6 got. Very impressive for a new car. With gas prices where they are, Acura will have no trouble selling these, they are one of the only luxury 4s out there. Excellent car, we love it.
  • sautyasautya Member Posts: 3
    I have been tracking other forums and some people have got the 2009 TSX for around 3% over invoice .

Specific areas include California, NC & GA

I am hoping this spreads to the rest of the country soon :)
  • tnmuranotnmurano Member Posts: 3
    Last Thursday, I bought 09 TSX with Tech Package, Silver with Black for 31,000 plus tax, no trade-in. In Indiana and worked a deal after another dealer would only take 500 off MSRP.

I love this car! Fun to drive and better gas mileage than my Murano (03 with 127,000 miles that I still have and continue to use and love.)

I was in a position to tell the dealer what I wanted and the deals I was being offered by Infiniti (G37) and Honda (Accord Coupe). They knew I was going to buy something soon so they worked to get me a fair price and decent financing.

Good luck to all those looking to buy!
    Thats awesome cause 31,000 for a tech means its just 600 over invoice

Thats really good.
  • tnmuranotnmurano Member Posts: 3
    The dealer also does every other oil change (at 10k, 20k, etc) and tire rotation for free if you service with them. Also have a "tires for life" if you perform all service with them.

Overall was a good buying experience.
  • dukyjaidukyjai Member Posts: 1
    well i bought the 09 tsx wit tech package , whell lock, trunk tray and splash gaurd for 33000 otd a month ago.. but i dont know its that a good deal or not...but i loved the car!!! :)
    Sorry for this dumb question, but what are the taxes based on when they are calculated?

Is the price negotiated or is it the price negotiated LESS trade in Less down payment?

So say for example....

28,000 price negotiated
    (5,000) down payment
    (2000) trade in
    = 21,000 amount to be financed

so are taxes based on the 21,000 or 28,000?

Thanks
    In Minnesota the answer is 26,000. Trade-ins are not subjected to taxes. The down payment is fully taxable since it does not impact the sales price.
  • patwilson63patwilson63 Member Posts: 5
    I test drove a 2009 Acura TSX today. I loved it!

The MSRP is 29,675 (same as what is on Edmunds.com)...with accessories the price was $31,375 ...
    $499, App (prep)
    $199 pin stripe
    $99 Nitrogen in tires;
    $399 Splash;
    $499 Body guard.

I paid $15 for a Consumer Reports Bottom Line for the 2009 TSX 5T (w/o nav) ...the Total Dealer Invoice was 27,381. Then they also subtracted the Dealer Holdback of $869.00....SO they suggest to begin negotiating UP from is $26,512.

They knew I had done my research (because of my folder)...so they asked what I wanted to give for the car. Of course I went by the 'bottom line price'...and offered $27k. They came back with $29,717.00 ($31,375 minus $1,653). I told them I couldn't and wouldn't pay that amount, so they discussed me purchasing a car without the accessories....then said the price would be $28,500.00. (which is $1264 above invoice) BUT the TMV is $29,468. So, I could purchase the car for $968 below TMV.

What bothers me about the 28,500 is that 499 was a prep fee and then an additional 499 document fee....for 2 things that have to be done anyway... A $1k for 2 tasks that probably cost a total of $50 to complete.

The sales manager is calling wanting to know what he can do to close this deal. What should I tell him....knowing what I know about the 'bottom line'...
    I've been emailing dealers all day, so far the lowest I got was $28,000.

Still some work to do!
    Was it 28k for accessories too? The invoice price on edmunds.com is 27,336... So their price isn't too far off.
    This did not include accessories like splash guards etc. I do not want them, This price quote was for the base model.

They did "suggest" I purchase the wheel locks for $499 in case someone tries and steals the tires, but I wasn't falling for it.

I will probably make my purchase by Wednesday of next week at the latest. I will still negotiate with other dealers from now until then.
    The base model (w/out the accessories) is what they ended up quoting me for....28,500.00 BUT then adding the 499 Document fee bumped it up to 29k. The general sales manager has been calling so I am going to talk to him and hopefully they can come down to below 28k.
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    The wheel locks are very over priced.

I remember being charged about $55.00 for them for my 07 G35 which the dealer gave free anyway. Buy them yourself from the parts store.
  • rpj1rpj1 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a black/black 08 w/ NAV. Did not have to do much negotiating to get to the price I was willing to pay (which may either say my price was too high or they are trying to get them out). I paid:

Base: $26,500
    Taxes: ~$800 (3.1% VA)
    Processing: $399
    Tags + other: ~$100

The OTD was $27,800 and they came back with a price I was fine with on my trade in. In calling other places, this seemed pretty standard, as everyone was jumping to quote $26,500. No promo financing, so I was stuck with 5.9%.
    After several posts on here I finally bought the car last night (w/OUT Navi). I like my purchase so far.

I got the dealership down to 27,750, but car had the wheel locks on them and my father and I couldn't get them to budge on taking them off, so they knocked $100 off them.

So I got the car for 28,245. It's a major step up from my '03 Neon that I had lol.
    $99 for nitrogen? Are you kidding me?????? OMFG, what a dealer won't do to pad the bottom line. :mad:
    Thats a great price !!!
    Congrats !
    What part of the country is it ?
    Southern NJ
  • jayseejaysee Member Posts: 2
    This car looks a little too good to be true:

2004 Acura RSX Type S Sport Coupe 2D
    CLEAR TITLE, Mileage - 18,000, Engine - 4-Cyl. 2.0L HO VTEC Transmission - 6 Speed Manual Drive - FWD Equipment ABS (4-Wheel), After Market Exterior Parts : Carbon Fiber Hood, Angel Eye Headlights, 18' Gun medal Chrome lip rims w/ low profile tires, Lamborgini Door Kit. After Market Engine Parts : Full Exhaust , Cold Air Intake , Headers , Front and Rear Strut Bars, Short Shifter, and Optima Battery. Inside After Market Parts : Gauges , Tints.
    Also I have stock front and rear bumpers, side skirts. With factory lip.
    I also have stock hood. The car is in great condition.

All that for $11,200.

Now, it's a girl selling the car. The car was OBVIOUSLY raced! She claims it wasn't. Then she said the engine works very good(I didn't ask about the engine though). Now, the add said it was in Miami, where I am, so I figured, "fine, I'll just check it out". Now she tells me it's in Washington.
    Then as I kept questioning she said "I see you're a nice person and really want the car, I'll give it to you for $10,000." You're going to drop the price on a car that already should be $20,000+ because I'm nice?!

I can have it shipped here for the down payment of $4,000 to try it out for five days. If I don't want it it'll be refunded. What the hell do I do!?

Maybe a :lemon: ?
  • jayseejaysee Member Posts: 2
    What a scam. :mad:
    You koow what they say..if it's too good to be true then it probably is.
  • njjimnjjim Member Posts: 4
    Stones3131,

I also live in South Jersey and am seriously considering purchasing an 09 TSX (test drove one today :) . Could you tell me which dealer gave you that price?
  • mantoumantou Member Posts: 9
    Thanks to all the info other buyers have posted, I'm trying to get take advantage of the holdback on a new 2008 with NAV. Without any negotiation thus far, a dealer has offered me $26.4k excluding destination/etc fees, so I imagine with some work, I should be able to get it down to ~$27k (plus tax)

In the same vein, I've found a 2006 model with NAV with 10k miles for $21k. I plan on taking a test drive, but the owner has a good set of maintenance/dealership service records, so hopefully it turns out to be a viable option. Further, he's agreed to lowering the reported sale price so it will cut down on my taxes/registration fee.

With that said, which do you guys think is the better deal?