Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    We kept a car on the road for 3 years or 75,000 miles unless it required major work. if it did we dumped it. Understant, the Mfrs. were guaranteeing us a trade value at this interval; don't really know if it was better or worse than the market trade value.These cars went to company officials & sales & marketing personnel; and for the most part, they were never maintained the way you & I take care of our personal cars.

Personally, I now trade approximately every three years; that's about 150-160,000 miles. I take a beating because of the high mileage, but I've driven Japanese cars for the last 25 years; & find I can get this kind of miles on them with no unscheduled repairs. Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda. Some have been more fun to drive than others, but they've all given trouble free service.

Incidentally, I agree yith you about the car payment; and if you keep it 4-5 years you won't get hurt by the fact it's a year old.

Regards
    bobgwtw
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I usually trade before my lease end, now I am in a lease, that I am not sure if I will be able to get out early, but I know that I will be going over my mileage, I know I will be able to get out earlier, but predicting the best time to do this is extremely tricky. I am too early in my lease now, but perhaps in a year or so, I will be able to do it. I plan to get into an Accord, "Loaded".
  • krazy3281krazy3281 Member Posts: 11
    The tl is DEFINITELY WORTH IT there is a huge difference between the two cars, but most of all they changed the shape on the tsx so you'll be driving an outdated vehicle. Id opt for the tl if you could. The tl feels like a more expensive car, the tsx feels like a 2006 accord.
  • mvictormvictor Member Posts: 4
    sorry it took me so long to respond i hvnt checked this blog recently i got it in langhorne at davis acura
  • acnj24acnj24 Member Posts: 5
    I am currently about to lease a new Acura. Does anyone have some advice on the Acura Road Hazard Protection Plan? Is it worth it at a total of $425 or is is just another one of those useless protection plans?
    Also, if I opt out is there a cheaper way to get things fixed (without violating the lease) without having to pay acura dealer repair prices?
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    fifteenkey,
    The 08 with Nav. 1,250 below invoice.
    What did you pay?
    27351?
  • fifteenkeyfifteenkey Member Posts: 5
    That was including my trade...

Invoice $27,841.00
    Dest Chg $715.00
    Mfg to Dealer Incent. ($1,500.00)
    Invoice minus Incent $27,056.00
    Trade ($500.00)
    Paid $26,556.00
  • herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    HI, I'm looking to either lease or buy the new 2009. But don't seem to find any deals in South Florida. How anyone gotten a good deal on the Standard, Automatic. I think in Miami Acura wanted to rip me off on a lease. Almost 500 per 12k, and almost 5,000 down. Any recommendations? PLease help!
    Herrim,

I'm in NJ but maybe this can give you a reference point. I just leased an 09 TSX Base model, automatic, no nav. Here is the breakdown:

36 month lease

$1887 due at signing (included in this was 1st month payment and all season floor mats for $100)

35 payments of $379

Hope this helps.
  • victor_pvvictor_pv Member Posts: 13
    Hi all,

A friend of mine wants to buy a 09 TSX.
    I have seen some old posts with deal below invoice, but I haven't seen anybody posting a price recently.
    Are they selling bad so nobody has any experience? or are they so hot that nobody gets a good deal worth posting here?

He is trying to get it at invoice, but after a couple of weeks of mails, we are still 500 over invoice, any advice if it is possible to get at invoice or below?
    We are in texas by the way.

Thanks to all
    I was given a price of $26695 before taxes and destination for an 09 TSX Base model (no nav).
    Thank you Acnj24!

That is almost invoice, seems very good. In what state was that?
    NJ. Ramsey Acura
  • flagg4flagg4 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone recently purchased a 2008 TSX in the Philly/South Jersey area. Based on incentives and other research, it seems like you can get one for $26.5k.

Does that seem close?

Thanks

Flagg
  • haidonghhaidongh Member Posts: 16
    :shades: The car we get is the base model of the TSX with no navigation. Because it is a new model, some Acura dealership do not even want to sell it below the MSRP of $29600 (including $715 destination charge). We negotiate it for $28700 including the $715 destination charge, free tinted windows (a $300 option at the dealership) plus $300 anti-theft option (windows VIN number etching and ID trace) then plus taxes and title. The dealer says the manufacturer is not giving incentives at this moment for them. The sales person says this car is selling very well. It is not a bad deal, but next year it probably has a better deal. After taxes and title, we have it for $31,000 OTD.
    Very useful information!!
    I think you got a very good deal according to the price quotes I received in Texas.
    Goodson was one of the dealers we contacted also.
    Most of them are saying the same, that the car is selling well and they do not have incentives, and some even offered us to get a TL cheaper, but my friend wants the 09 TSX with navigation.
    We probably will close the deal today with a local dealer who said he can match the best offer (32500 out the door seems to be our best, just technology package and nothing else).
  • haidonghhaidongh Member Posts: 16
    If you can get the TSX with Navigation system for $32500 OTD, congratulations.

I just went through Edmunds article Confession of a Car Salesman. It is so good. It is a 3-hour reading, but it can probably save you thousands.

In order to find out how the 2009 TSX compares to a BMW 328i, I went to a BMW dealership to test drive it. There is no comparison. This is my first time driving a German car, and it is sooooooo bad :cry: :confuse: . The interior design of BMW is so outdated, looks like an aged VW car. The leather feels so cheap (hard and rough), I feel like being in a low cost car. I cannot tell the car accelerates faster or handles better than the TSX, maybe only testing device can tell. I feel like I don't know how to drive a German car after driving Japanese cars (and some American rental cars) for 10 years. And the sticker price is $39,000 with same equipment and feature of a basic TSX without navigation. I never know you have to pay $800 for a silver paint on a BMW, or you have to pay a $3000+ premium package just for leather seats and other things that are all standard in an Acura. Even the iPod adaptor cost $400, a lot more than the iPod itself. I finally know what nickel and dime means :blush: . After some negotiation it is probably still $10k more than what I pay for the TSX. Yes, BMW gives you 4 years of free maintenance, the exterior style is cool, and it is a smaller and more nimble car, and people will fantasize a BMW owner, but give me a break for paying 10k more for a car I don't like.

After test driving a BMW 328i, I go back to the TSX :shades: cuddle in the comfortable leather. The TSX never feels so comfortable and smooth. :D
  • scdryverscdryver Member Posts: 5
    I'm dead set on getting a manual transmission. I don't race my cars, but I like to drive manual and don't find the automatic SportShift to satisfy my wishes.

I'm trying to decide between the following:
    2009 TSX with Tech package (navigation system) -- new
    2007 TL Type-S -- used with only 7500 miles.

The Type-S is from a very reliable non-Acura dealer, and I have settled on a final price: $32,800 + TTL.

TSX with Tech package is still under negotiation. Current offer is $1000 under MSRP: $31,775 + TTL. This price includes the destination fee.

So unless the price comes down on the TSX, I'm looking at a barely-used 2007 TL Type-S for just $1025 more than the 2009 TSX. A relative bargain for the Type-S, I'm thinking.

I could save some money by dropping the Tech package from the TSX, of course. But if I keep the Tech package to give these two models a similar comparison, how much less should I demand? I like both cars, and I like the 2009 TSX much more than the 2008 TSX. But I'm not seeing the benefit in a new 2009 TSX over this 2007 TL Type-S for nearly the same price. Can someone convince me otherwise?

used TL Type-S advantages:
    50 more horsepower in V6
    more room inside
    rearview camera
    Brembo brakes
    upgraded wheels/tires
    upgraded seating

new TSX advantages:
    brand new car in new model year
    fold-down rear seatback
    newer Navigation system (is the 2009 nav system any better than what is in the 2007?)

• dwsibesdwsibes Member Posts: 1
    Not sure the price on the TL is that great, considering I was quoted 33,200 + TTL for a new 2008 TL-S manual back in June (North Carolina).
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Yeah, what was said ^ - that used TL price is not that great. Granted it is a barely used car but it is used and in a couple of weeks it will be 2 MYs old. The problem is that with the TL is that you are getting from a dealer - to get a good deal on a used car you have to cut out the middle man (the dealer). Type S TLs these days are going for a song due to the arrival of the 09 TL. I'd wait on both of them till much later in the month. Both the used TL and new TSX prices should drop some more.

As is generally the case you go shopping at the end of the month for a bargain. The TSX had a poor August (fewer sales than last year) so dealers may be more motivated this month. Also, as mentioned that used TL will be 2 MYs old at the end of the month. I'd go for the TL if the price were down to around 30K.
    Thanks to both of you for your valuable feedback. The TL was the best price that I could find at the time. The requirement for a manual transmission has been the difficult part. As best as I can tell, no Acura dealers nationwide have a new TL Type S 6MT left on the lot. So it is down to used ones, and there aren't many of them around, either, right now.

But I did just find another used 2007 TL Type-S 6MT with low miles today for under $28K. It'll require a long drive to get it two states away, if I do, though.

Still no movement from my local dealer on the price of a 2009 TSX. $1000 under MSRP + a decent trade-in price for my old car. I ruled out the TSX's Tech package -- not very important features for the $3100 pricetag.
    As with the other things mentioned, a trade is not a good way to get a bargain. This is yet another variable the dealer will use to make money. Sell your car privately - assuming it's an MT car the dealer will be even more reluctant to give you a good deal on the trade. It may take a while but there are people out there looking to buy an MT car. I sold my Accord LX 5 MT within hours on Craigslist.

On the TSX - as I mentioned you either wait till the end of the month or widen your search area to get a better price.
  • stacykstacyk Member Posts: 1
    My hubby and I got the 09 TSX + Technology pkg + destination fee + tinted window at $29,950. Yet, we added the paint protection program($950) so it becomes $30,900.

I think the paint protection program is probably overpriced..but i guess it's still a good deal.
    Stacyk, could you share who the dealer was that sold at that price?

The TL Type-S that I mentioned above for under $28K was purchased by someone else today before I talked to the dealer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A large local newspaper would like to speak with consumers who currently owns or owned an Acura. The reporter wants to discuss why you stayed with Acura or decided on another luxury brand as your next vehicle. If you are interested in speaking to the reporter, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than September 15.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I got the following online quote back by email from Arlington Acura in Palatine (near Chicago) for a 2009 TSX (w/out tech package).

"The MSRP of this vehicle is $29,113

"Your Special Sale Price is $26,899. We have a huge selection of vehicles in inventory. This model is available in all colors! We have other trim levels that you may be interested in as well."

I'm not sure why the MSRP is a little lower than what is on acura.com. Even if they left off the destination fee, that would not exactly explain the difference.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    If they left off the destination fee on the MSRP, then they probably left it off their quote, as well..

It would be interesting to see what the final quote would come to..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

My friend finally closed his deal last weekend and took the car home.
    It is a TSX 09 with technology package and no other extras.

He bought it from Champion Acura in Houston, for 32799$ including TTL. I will check how much was without TTL to post it here, but should be something like $31.000.

It was really easy dealing with Champion and they didn't pull any trick at the end as other dealers did, specially McDavid Austin that played a bait and switch, and really got me and my friend upset. We are foreigners, and my friend's english is not the best, but that doesn't mean we are retarded as the sales manager apparently thought, so my friend prefered to buy the car somewhere else.

I didn't drive the car, but looks nice, but my friend says he really loves it. I hated the GPS the few minutes I tried to use it, we almost got lost in Houston... lol
    I don't know if everybody finds it difficult to use, or I am just too used to my garmin...

Good look to all of you looking for one, and congratulation to those that already bought one.
  • degobahdegobah Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if the following is a good deal on a used 2008 TSX (without navi):
    15,500 mi
    1 previous owner
    Sale price: $23,745 (before TTL)
    Sorta - that car was about 26-27K new and you'd think the resale value should be lower but the TSX retains its value real well. I'd want another 1K off.
  • bolucaboluca Member Posts: 32
    I am looking for a 2009 TSX, auto with technology. The best price I have found was $1400 under MSRP with no additional fees or accessories. This is in the Raleigh area. Are there any better deals out there in North Carolina? Would like to buy in the next two weeks. If I can't do better than that then I'll look at the Infiniti G35 or something else.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Go with a G35, you will not be disappointed. 08 G35's can be had at about invoice right now.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • vvv2vvv2 Member Posts: 2
    I was in the market looking for a 2008/9 TSX. Looks like all the 2008 TSX's were sold out a few months ago.

I was able to purchase a 2009 TSX Base model $400 below invoice. I spoke to 2 dealers and one of them quoted invoice and the other quoted 400 below invoice.

Looks like there are plenty of deals available on Acura's now.
  • rolento76rolento76 Member Posts: 47
    Can you let us know which dealers you contacted? Thanks!
  • vvv2vvv2 Member Posts: 2
    Ramsey Acura and Open Road Acura of Wayne
  • jmb8606jmb8606 Member Posts: 13
    Is this a good deal? I have never leased before and the sales guy didnt email me all the info.
    09 TSX with tech package 6spd
    36mo,12k miles, $2k down, $424.09+tax
    Don't shop the monthly payment - shop the cost of the car. Once you arrive at the lowest cost you'll also have the lowest payment. I'd aim for 2K below MSRP at this point - Tuesday, being the end of the month, might be a good day to go shopping. ;)
  • lailouislailouis Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market in the Chicago area for a 09 TSX; just would like to know the quoted price of $26,899 is the starting prices the dealer offering? I means there is no destination fee, TTL and etc include with that price. I have been to a few deals around the area and they all listing a $760 for Destination Fee. So, should I been assuming the $26,899 + $760 = $27,659? Thank for feed back!
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    e-mailed half a dozen dealers and the best price (thus far) is:
    $27,836 for the base model $29,720 MSRP - $27,398 invoice
    $30,912 for the tech model $32,820 MSRP - $30,241 invoice

No hurry to buy - should be able to get a better deal after the new TL hits.
    The destination fee is non negotiable - it shouldn't even be listed separately. Seems that with the pathetic sales last month invoice sales may become the norm.
  • houstontx1houstontx1 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a TSX 09 Base for $27,800 before TTL. Out of the 4 Acura dealers in Houston, 3 of them were willing to match that price. I went with the dealer closest to me that had the color of choice which had mud guards and wheel locks already installed. I was very glad they didn't try to sneak those additional charges and instead included it in the $27,800 up front.

I actually could've got another $200 off from one of those 3 dealers that was about 30 miles away if I was willing/able to get something in writing from one of the other dealers. Instead, I figured foregoing the extra $200 for the convenience of going with the closest dealer.

Oh, was able to get a 5.7% rate 60 months with a credit score of 799 with Honda financing.
    Your numbers match what I have been quoted in So Cal. I'm in no hurry to buy/lease so I'm waiting a few months. I'm "guessing" invoice or below will be possible come the end of December.
  • njspikernjspiker Member Posts: 18
    does 09 TSX require premium gas? what's your typical MPG for local and highway? thanks!
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    It is recommended NOT required.
    thank you for your reply! 09 TSX can use either regular or plus, right? do 09 TSX and 09 Accord share the same 2.4L engine? thanks again!
    does anyone know october incentives on 09 TSX? really appreciate your help!
  • benziebenzie Member Posts: 4
    For a new 2008 TSX base, $25500 before everything

Deal or not?
    I would say DEAL
    For a new 2008 TSX base, $25500 before everything

I would hesitate seing how you can get a 2009 TSX base for $27,800. You're buying a one year old car plus it's the old design - two big depreciation factors. Only you can decide if the 2009 is worth the extra $2300. For me it would be. Of course with the current state of economic affairs, I'm willing to bet that incentives for the 2009 are coming sooner rather than later.

IMHO
    I apologize I thought it was 09. 08 spend the money and get an 09