Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• swts8996swts8996 Member Posts: 14
    wow...that's generous. I was offered $26,000 on a 2009! I just am not a fan of the new model hence wanting the 2008. The 2008s will almost be 2 years old once the 2010s come out later this summer. Private party/dealer trade-in on a 2008 with 30 miles is about $22-$23K. I guess for the price I am looking at getting the 2008 just, it isn't going to happen, unless they get really desperate which they don't seem to be yet. And in this market, I would never pay retail price, anyhow. I guess I'll just keep shopping.
  • kasi1kasi1 Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I'm planning to buy new Acura tsx 2009 base or Tech. I live in Boston area, can you recommand the best dealer around Boston.
    If any one bought new one recently, at what price you got it?
  • kasi1kasi1 Member Posts: 2
    gregd1,

can you tell me the dealer with whome you bought acurs tsx nav 2008?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    When I was shopping for my stripper TSX (manual trans, no nav), the Framingham dealership (Herb Connolly, I think) was very helpful, even though I was shopping on a business trip.

I learned then that the manuals were rare and that a manual without nav was rarer yet. Now, if you want a spercific colour. . .

Anyway, I eventually got my red TSX without nav and with a manual, but it was in an adjacent state.

It's been a fine car so far.

Good luck.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • ldanldan Member Posts: 12
    I have seen the same offering. I called and they did confirm these are loaner cars. I am also torn in not sure what to price to ask for. I know the 2009 tsx base is about 26,600. If I were to take such a car back to the dealer I bet I would only be offered 22-23K per KBB 2008 model pricing. So I am going to start with 23K and work my way up. If anyone has better suggestions, I am all ears......
  • ledfoot08ledfoot08 Member Posts: 3
    I just returned from Acura dealer in New Jersey for a 2009 TSX base with a price of $27,512 at 4.9% financing. With $2,500 down, monthly payment would be $525 a month. Is this a good deal or does anyone think I can do better? Thanks.
  • cfrstruncfrstrun Member Posts: 10
    I got an offer from a dealer in Central Jersey for $28,265...Is that a good price?
  • sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    cfrstrun,

Looks like the best deal in Central NJ for Acura TSX with TECH that I have heard of. Do you mind letting me know the dealership from which you received this offer?

Sarav
    I got this deal from Springfield Acura. I'm a little concerned though that it may not be including dest, charges, which would bump this price up to ~29,000. Another dealer said they may be able to match that price, and that would be in DCH Montclair Acura. If Springfield Acura says this price includes dest. charges then I would definitely pull the trigger, but if another dealer is willing to offer the same price, I think I may be able to go lower.
  • sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    I too think the price is not including destination and other charges. Usually their quotes don't include destination. The charges (documentation et al) do matter....it usually varies dealer to dealer...some lower their invoice a few hundreds and add it up in the charges section...so it is better to ask them to give you a line by line breakdown before u get to the negotiation phase.

I think if you give it some time their prices are bound to go lower considering 2010 models are around the corner. When are you planning to buy? I live in Central NJ as well and seriously looking for a good deal...planning a purchase in a month or so...

Good luck with u r search and keep me posted...

Sarav
  • alleykittyalleykitty Member Posts: 6
    I just recently got a TSX non tech package out the door price 28,900.
    I live in central jersey. I think the 28,265 for the tech pkg is a good price
    I talked to the dealership. They are willing to do 28,265+760 Destination charge for a total of 29025 +taxes and tags. I wonder if I wait longer, will this price be lowered? Or is this still a good deal? I'm about to pull the trigger in a month also.

What do you guys think?

BTW where did you get that 28,900 OTD deal from?

Thanks
    I looked up link title

I found out that a "good price" is 29,539 + dest. and a "great price" is 29,230 + dest. I feel that 28,265 is an amazing deal even if you add destination charges. I'm going to also contact DCH in Montclair and see if they can offer 28800 including destination charges.
  • jc50jc50 Member Posts: 1
    Clinton Acura is offering 2009 TSX Tech 29
    $29,295. with destination charge other remaining charges are sales tax, motor vehicle, and document processing ($198 for doc fee).
    DCH Montclair offered me a TSX with TECH for $29000 incl. destination charges. That's the lowest they'll go. I asked for total OTD and they said $31421.50. Is that a good deal or should I walk?
    Acura TSX Base for 27,512 OTD would be an amazing deal. If it is 27,512 +dest. and taxes then that is way too much. If I can get 29,000 for Acura TSX with tech incl. dest. charges, then I would go for 25,500 - 26,000 + taxes for an Acura base.
    Your numbers actually have me considering the TSX w Tech. The dealer told me that the $27,512 is w/o taxes but does include dest. charge. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep you posted. I may start trying to neg. with Tech now.
    Good luck. I love my TSX. I didnt think i was allowed to mention the dealorship but seems i am. It was Precision Acura in Lawrenceville. They were great. There is also a tire tax (go figure..this is NJ after all) and another charge of i think 189.00 for something. Plus there are registration fees. Get the out the door price and all that will be considered. Let me know what you got.
    I requested a price from Clinton if they could beat 29,000 including destination charges, they said to take the 29,000 deal from the other dealer.
    Looks like the BEST DEAL around NJ for an ACURA TSX with TECH is 29,000. I've called other dealers and they will not budge the numbers to 29,000 incl. Destination. They are, however, claiming that after this month, I would have to do research again because incentives for next month are coming out. So it may even be cheaper than this price...
    Went ahead and purchased a preown with 6380 miles for 26,800 OTD. sales prices was 24,700 given a few more months of warrty and more miles. I thought we did okay. This is in Dallas Area. Hope this helps.
  • crlaoycrlaoy Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone get a quote from any Acura Dealership in Southern California? What are they offering? Thanks.
    Discovered that the dealer add some fees. I called them back and they were kind enough to void the contract. As a result I found a better deal through another dealer about an hour away. 09 TSX base with gray interior with 6,900 miles. but his one has moonroof visor, spoiler, tinted windows, bodyside molding and chrome wheels. Vandergriff in Arlington gave me this preown for 25,250 + TTL no trade in. we did buy the additional warranty as this car has a lot of neat stuff, including the 3,134 dollars worth of chrome wheels. if anyone looking for preown in dallas, go to vandergriff Acura in Irving. Good luck everyone.
  • scott1212scott1212 Member Posts: 10
    If I got an offer for a TSX Base for $26,000, what would be a reasonable OTD price?
    26K out the door for a non tech 2009 TSX? thats an awsome price..Go for it
    Is that a preowned car?
    Sorry, I wasn't really clear. The price quoted to me was not an out the door price. The $26,000 is the car plus destination. I wanted to know what a reasonable out the door price would be given that as a starting point.

Thanks
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    Add Freight, tax, tags & title. Forget any extra dealer fees; They're just extra profit in the dealers pocket
    I think that is a good price. My base was about 26,3, so your 300 bucks less than me and i shopped around. Go for it. Also remember you will get an added deduction for the sales taxes if you buy a new veh by 12/1/09
  • resslingressling Member Posts: 1
    That is a very good OTD price!

on 12/31/08, I paid $27.3k OTD for a 6MT CBP on a 36 mo. lease w/ $3k down. If you can get under $27k OTD for a base, I'd say you're in good shape.
    Do you mind telling me what your out the door price was, given the 26.3 starting point? Does it end up being about 10% above the starting price (that's what one dealer told me)?

Thanks
    Yes it does come to be about an additional 10% out the door price. I paid 28,900 out the door for a non teck 2009 TSX no mileage.
    The best price I got OTD for an Acura TSX with tech was $31424.50. I would probably ask for only $28,000 OTD for Base Acura TSX.
  • valuehunter07valuehunter07 Member Posts: 31
    Are you financing through them?

If so, what does the financing package look like?

What interest rate are they charging?

thx
    I didn't discuss financing yet. This is just from online quotes so far. I'm waiting for next month's incentives to exactly see if there would be a better deal before I jump into financing.
  • te718te718 Member Posts: 6
    this is what i paid for a new 2009 tsx with tech...grigio/ebony:

date of sale = 4/30/09
    price of the car = $29,600
    trade = 2002 hyundai elantra (70k miles) = $2,500
    7% NJ sales tax = $1,897
    registration/tags = $275
    doc fee = 120
    5 year rims/tires replacement = $575
    out the door (when factoring in trade) = $29,967

i put 12.5K down and financed the rest at 4.69% for 60 months.

is this deal just average or what?

thanks guys.
  • adamh1adamh1 Member Posts: 15
    Thats sounds about right, should be able to get $750 below invoice.

I personally am waiting until after today to buy mine, as the current set of incentives end today (5/4) and I am hoping they will have some new financing incentives.
    thanks, let me know what kind of deal you got on yours when you buy it...
  • aak1aak1 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know what is the new incentive on the TSX? It's after 5/4 and so the $750 rebate is gone?

I'm waiting for financing specials to pull the trigger. If anyone talks to a salesman, or is a salesman, please let us know.

Does anyone think I can get a 2010 TSX base at invoice come June?

Considering the rebates and 0% financing everyone is running (including Toyota) I feel a bit jipped that Acura is giving me nothing on the TSX, or worse giving me 6% financing. (When I know they are able to borrow $ for much less from the govt/banks)
    They extended the $750 dealer cash for another month.

I wouldn't expect any financing incentives on the 2009's until after the 2010's hit the lot in a few months.
    I called and talked to Honda Financial Services and they told me that the TSX is selling so well that they are not offering any incentives until after 7/6/09 other than the $750 cash rebate or the lease deal they currently have. I feel the same way about the financing. I love the car but the financing is way above all others. BMW was at 0.9% and Infiniti was at 1.9%, when I mentioned this to the dealer they told me the best they could get me was 4.49% from a private bank. I think its crazy myself and I definitely feel your pain.
    i know what you guys mean but if you think about it, BMW and Infiniti are much more expensive cars so they almost have to offer the low financing to attract buyers. i just bought an 09 TSX with Tech for $29,600 and that includes dest. (I personally don't think the extra cost for the Navi is worth it but I couldnt find a dealer in my area who had a base in Grigio/ebony and that was the only color combo i wanted. so...i settled on the Tech. also, i financed about 65% of the cost and i got a rate of 4.64% for 60 months. they initially wanted to give me 5.39 but you can negotiate it down. they came at me with the price of the car at $29,900 and 5.39% and $2,300 for my trade (02 elantra 70k miles)...and we settled on $29,600 and 4.64% and $2,500 for my trade. i only wish i had asked for some freebies...trunk tray etc but i honesly just wanted to get out of there. also, don't forget...buy the car on the last day of the month. you'll always do better.
    BMW/Infinity also give you RWD and V6's for the price, so yes they cost more.

Acura's sales are down 32% in march and Honda lost 1.5 billion if I'm not mistaken last year or last quarter, so I hardly think they can say sales are 'great'.

I'm not even asking for 0%, how about 3.9% for 60 mo? Something....

I read the 2010 TSX is coming out June 15th, is that correct?

I'm their golden customer, so I'm going to make my offer and see if they refuse me. I'll be pretty shocked if they do. I'll definitely see if my car seat can fit in the Is250 and make the same offer to Lexus. (Invoice plus 3.9% financing)
    aak1...

yes, acura/honda TOTAL sales are down...but do you know how well the TSX has been selling? the TSX is up 5.7% in YTD sales thru April 2009 when compared to YTD sales thru April 2008 and it's the only vehicle in the Honda/Acura lineup with a positive % in that time period. (http://www.hondabeat.com/sales_stats.php).

Acura knows where they can make the most money and it's with the TSX. so you arent going to get any special financing like you can with the TL. i would suggest you looking into the credit unions near where you live. they should be able to do better than 6%. good luck with trying to get 3.9, 60 months from Acura though...i don't see that happening for you.
  • radondradond Member Posts: 2
    I just bought this last week; it was service loaner car with the dealer. (showed up as corporate fleet on reports)

Arctic Blue Pearl/Ebony
    Price: $21,500
    + 9.25% CA tax ~ $2,000
    + registration and other fee ~ $250

Final out the door price = $23,810

put 5K down and financed the rest at 3.9% for 36 months.

I think it's a good deal, what do you guys think?
    I finally gave up on waiting for financing incentives and bought a TSX with Tech. I didn't have a trade in so the only things that mattered to me in the negotiating process was interest rate and price.

I was able to negotiate the price down to $29,600 (including destination) without too much effort.

The interest rate was a different story. They initially came at me with almost 6% on a 60 month. Then when I said that wasn't even close to acceptable, they came back with 5.5% on a 60 month. Then they tried to sell me all kinds of service plans/protection plans/extended warranties. They offered 4.75% on a 60 month if I bought one of the service plans. I strongly believe that all extended warranties/service/protection plans are a complete waste of money and declined any of them. I said I wanted 5% with no plans and he said he would meet in the middle at 5.25%. I was ready to walk out and finally he agreed to 5% on a 60 month.
    If you like the older style TSX alot better than the 2009, then you got a good deal. I personally would have much rather paid an extra $2000 and gotten a comprable 2009 TSX.
  • rrubianesrrubianes Member Posts: 4
    Where did you go? Is this Southern California? That's not much more than a 2006 TSX (with Navi) I am looking at for around $20K, before negotiation. What would be a fair price?
  • radondradond Member Posts: 2
    This was in bay area (Nor. Cal).. I negotiated down from 23K to 21.5K ..
    the good thing was only 9K miles on it and 1yr./+12K extended warranty that comes with certified cars.
  • tarheeldadtarheeldad Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

First post on this Forum. Closing on a Certified 2006 TSX---AUTO without Navigation from my local Acura dealer.

Have to decide whether to purchase the extended "wrap" bumper to bumper warranty to match the 70k/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. And if so what is a fair price. As a second car, the TSX will run low mileage so I would be buying 2 plus years of possible peace of mind insurance. A $850 offer is on the table---down from a $1,500 list!!!!!. Any assistance would be appreciated---I have to decide at this week.

THD
    Adamh1: What dealer did you get that deal from?
    Was the 5% rate from Honda Finance or from a bank via the dealer?
    Was your credit score about 740?