Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    adamh1adamh1 Member Posts: 15
    Initially it was through Bank of America. But then the following day, BOA said they wanted a bigger down payment. So the dealer went to Honda Financial and got a concession to meet the same terms.

You normally wouldn't be able to get this rate through Honda Financial (without incentives) ... I got lucky.

My score was between 750 and 800.
  • Options
    mlaw8mlaw8 Member Posts: 4
    I am currently looking at buying an 07 TSX with Nav and 15k miles certified for $23k. Is this a good deal? I have a few weeks to play with. What does the group think will happen to a price on something like this once the 2010 comes out? Will I be able to get more for my money? I'd like to stay in the same price range. I am in CT, but have been looking in Tri-state area. Thanks.
  • Options
    326326 Member Posts: 8
    Dealers down by me (So Florida) seem to have many new 2009 TSX's w/Tech. As many as 35 between 3 dealerships. since the 2010's are due within (about) 3 weeks.... how will these dealers get rid of this inventory. Do you think they will start to discount them? I'm looking for a lease (non tech) but would take a Tech TSX if it went for the price of a non-tech!
  • Options
    They are already discounted... you may see some financing incentives starting the second week of July, but by that point you may not be able to get the color you want if you are picky about that.
  • Options
    mlaw8mlaw8 Member Posts: 4
    Any help available here? Looking to move in the next day.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    It comes down to weather you like the old style better than the new style. Personally I would much rather pay 4k more and get a certified 09 TSX with Nav.

Is 23k their asking price? I would shoot for the 21-22k range.
  • Options
    bluejetta02bluejetta02 Member Posts: 3
    I looking to buy a 2007 TSX in the Wash DC area. The car as 25K miles and Navigation, and is NOT certified. I looked at the carfax, and it had one owner for 1.5 years as a lease and was in no accidents. The dealer is asking $26,600 out the door price (incl, tax tags and additional fees).

I would appreciate any feedback on what others paying for similar TSX's?

Also, I am a bit concerned that the car is NOT certified by Acura - should I be though?

Thanks.
  • Options
    nexxusnexxus Member Posts: 13
    Hey guys, went to the dealer yesterday and checked out the new TSXs. They are offering me a 09 grigio/ebony + tech for $30,000 + TTL. You guys think i should pull the trigger or try for more?
  • Options
    peterb12peterb12 Member Posts: 3
    Bluejetta, $26600 for a TSX with 25k miles sounds like an outrageous rip-off. A brand new non-nav TSX goes for around $27.2k before taxes/tags. Drive that off the lot then back on, and try to sell it back to the dealer, and I'd be surprised if he'd offer you $20k.

On a different topic, while different people have different feelings about this, in my experience aftermarket nav systems (eg the Garmin Nuvi) will work better, have better user interfaces, be portable, and cost several thousand dollars less than any manufacturer-supplied navigation system.
  • Options
    swts8996swts8996 Member Posts: 14
    You are right, Peterb12...

Bluejetta...if you check KBB and suggested retail value is less than $24K and trade-in for it is less than $19K. So $26K for it is way high...and it's not even certified!

Good luck!
  • Options
    yamjamyamjam Member Posts: 21
    I got an offer from a Southern California area Acura dealer for a 2009 TSX w/Tech for $29,020 including destination fee, OTD price is $31,903 when including reg/fee/tax. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    I test drove the 2009 TSX with auto and found the car does not have much pick up. Flooring the accelerator at highway speed does not seem to do very much and the tranny didn't even down-shift either. Is this a common experience with you guys as well. This was the one and only reason why I didn't pull the trigger on the great deal last night.
  • Options
    peterb12peterb12 Member Posts: 3
    The engine is tuned to provide torque at or above about 3500 rpm. This means that it can feel unresponsive if you're cruising. In that situation, I'd downshift first, then stomp on the accelerator, and I would expect significant pickup.

Maybe try the 6-speed manual?
  • Options
    I had a chance to check out an Acura TL with the V6 under the hood and am I glad I didn't wait for the V6 for the TSX. The V6 in the TL looks so cramp, there was hardly any space to reach the aft side of the engine to service the plugs. In retro-respect, the 4 cylinder in the TSX looks like perfect size for the engine compartment. The performance for the I-4 TSX is actually not too bad once you learn how to work it with the transmission. I like my I-4 TSX very much.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    I like my I-4 TSX very much.

You and me both. I'll have 20K miles on mine in a couple of weeks, and it's been fine.

The only new engine I'm interested in is the diesel, which is apparently no longer slated to come to the U.S.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    hhs0306hhs0306 Member Posts: 4
    They should do better than that, I bought a 09 TSX auto with tech package yesterday for $29,000 (including destination) + TTL in SF Bay Area.
  • Options
    Read my post. I bought mine on May 29,09 a 09 TSX auto w/Tech for $29,020 including destination and before Tax and License. This is in Southern California.
  • Options
    te718te718 Member Posts: 6
    the manuf to dealer incentive just went up from $750 to $1,250 on 5/22. on april 30, i bought my tsx for $29,600. so yes, around 29,000 - 29,100 is where you should be looking right now.
  • Options
    desiinusdesiinus Member Posts: 2
    vamjam,

How did you hear about $1250 incentive? I was thinking of mentioning this to the sales persons at Acura..
  • Options
    Try this website. Very useful in finding out what others paid in the area you live (by your zip code), and what is consider good and great prices for a particular car with/without opions.
    http://truecar.com/
  • Options
    wanttobuytsxwanttobuytsx Member Posts: 1
    What dealership in Southern California? I am looking to buy/lease (Still not sure) in the next three weeks...

I live in San Diego but a drive wouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    desiinusdesiinus Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot te718! :)

I shall contact the dealers in Austin area soon.
  • Options
    It is Thousand Oaks Acura in Thousand Oaks, CA. Here is a picture of the car I paid $29,020 before Tax/License. I love it, the black TSX actually looks awesome in person.
  • Options
    Good deal. Did you finance? If so what were the terms.
  • Options
    Glad to know I didn't get rip off and that the $29,020 is a good deal. Yes I financed. It is with B of A at 4.40% for 60 months and no pre-payment penalty if you decide to pay if off earlier. Is that a good rate?
  • Options
    aak1aak1 Member Posts: 13
    Did you have to fight to get that 4.4% rate? Did you get it pre-approved wtih B+A first, or did the dealer get it for you?

Yes, that's a very good rate. I presume your credit score is above 800?

---
    If anyone closes a deal on a 2010 TSX, please let us know. I'm anxious to see pricing. E.g. are they selling at invoice or not yet?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    That is a very good rate. The dealer must have bought down your rate. Was it 36 month or 60 month?
  • Options
    No, I didn't have to fight, their rate at 4.4% is advertised in their website: http://www.bankofamerica.com/vehicle_and_personal_loans/index.cfm?template=auto_- loans&cm_mmc=eLend-Auto-_-BAC-Homepage-_-AutoLoans-_-TextLink.

I shop the loan myself, the best the dealership can offer was 4.69% with U.S. Bank which is pretty good already.

Yes, a very good credit score helped in my situation.

Yes, I closed my purchase of the 09 TSX w/ Tech for $29,020 plus tax & license, that is $1,404 below invoice.
  • Options
    No adamh1, that is a standard rate from Bank of America for 60 months with a minimum load amount of $30,000. The dealer did not bought down your rate, matter of fact this is a loan I found myself.
  • Options
    Wow, wish I had known that. My rate was 5% through Honda Financial and the dealer claimed that had to buy it down (dunno if I believe that).
  • Options
    adamh1, what and from where did you end up buying your TSX? Also what price you end up paying?
  • Options
    Got the latest pricing informaiton from the www.tsxclub.com. The 2010 TSX V6 base will be at $35,660 MSRP, this compares with the 2009 TSX I-4 base at $29,160, a wopping $6,500 difference.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Good luck on selling that one. $35,660 for 280 hp front wheel drive TSX or $37,065 for much more well loaded 328hp rear wheel drive G37(with premium package)? Not a tough choice in my book.

Heck Lexus only charges $4,200 more for the 250 to 350 upgrade on an IS and you get a 102hp upgrade.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Bought my Tech TSX (white/parchment) in the middle of April for $29,600 from a dealer in Dallas, TX. The price is comparable to yours since the manufacturer incentive was only $750 when I bought it. Financed for 60 months at 5.00% through Honda Financial. No ripoff Service Plans/Extended Warranties.
  • Options
    adamh1,
    you got a great deal as well, congrats. How do you like your TSX? Is it an automatic or manual? I forgot to tell you, my dealer threw in for free the Protection Package II with a MRSP price of $273.
  • Options
    adamh1,
    I have a quick question. I just notice my rear passenger windows seems loose in their track that they can be pull up and down for almost a 1/2" when they are partially down. Is that the same with your car?
  • Options
    suspendmixsuspendmix Member Posts: 43
    Hi there, could you share the dealership in the bay area where you purchased your TSX from? My boss is interested in the TSX, thanks!
  • Options
    Mine do too... that's normal.
  • Options
    Thanks adamh, one more question. Does you TSX engine fans turns on and stay on whenever you turn the ignition key to position 3 but without starting the engine? Thanks.
  • Options
    maxbetamaxbeta Member Posts: 12
    >I forgot to tell you, my dealer threw in for free the Protection Package II with a >MRSP price of $273.

What is the Protection Package II?
  • Options
    sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    Hi cfrstrun,

Did you go ahead with u r TSX purchase?
  • Options
    aznhowie20aznhowie20 Member Posts: 1
    hey adamh1, I am trying to get a TSX and the dealer is trying to rip me off with a $31200 price tag. He says if I get any proof that someone else from texas has got a cheaper price, then he will match it for me.

I was hoping if you could help me out. I would really appreciate it tremendously. I am in need of a car, and this was the best option. I can give you my email address if you feel it is more secure.

Thank you!
  • Options
    acurashopperacurashopper Member Posts: 9
    Got a phone quote from local Acura/Honda dealer for $28,991 for 2009 TSX with tech pkg (GA). Liked the TL, but I need a vehicle where the rear seats fold down. Haven't driven one yet, but the dealer also said he could set me up with a Honda if that suits my needs better.
  • Options
    lances4803lances4803 Member Posts: 2
    Acurashopper:
    What dealership in GA gave you the phone quote?

Looking to get a 2009 TSX w/o tech in AL/TN area.
    Best price so far is $27,486 at Jerry Damson in Huntsville or $27,600 at Gary Force in Nashville.
    This is still far above the Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price of $25,957.

Sunny King in Birmingham has the new 2010 in stock. w/o tech, their price is $30,268.
  • Options
    robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Dealers play all sorts of tricks with anyone getting out of one lease early to enter another. They usually take the old lease payments and wrap them into the new lease. So you pay for two cars but drive one. My friend got nailed by this years ago as his wife got new car fever. Paying of a lease has to come from somewhere.

Rob
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I know their not exactly the same but an 09 accord ex-l 4 cyl can be bought for $22400 and it's a pretty sweet ride.
  • Options
    326326 Member Posts: 8
    I just paid 27,500.00 (plus tags and sales tax. no other out of pocket) for an 09 TSX w/Navi, 13k miles, Pristine, Certified, spoiler and a few other (minor) cosmetic accessories. Was this a good price?
  • Options
    paripari Member Posts: 7
    I got a certified silver 2009 TSX w/Navi with 10.6K miles in pristine condition for 26,250 OTD. I guess you did get a few accessories with the car like the spoiler so I think you got a decent price.
  • Options
    atl14atl14 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2009 TSX with navigation in the Atlanta area and the best quote I have gotten is $28,491. I suspect the dealer is going to have a bunch of hidden fees when it comes down to it. Who gave you that quote? Have you had any luck with better pricing in the GA/TN area?

Thanks!