Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dcbdcb Member Posts: 11
    I previouly agreed to $29,450 total price(excluding sales tax of course). From posts on here, I could tell this was high. I contacted another dealer and struck a deal for $29,000, plus they were to throw in the all season floor mats (worth over $100 on ebay). Tried for $28,800, but they would not do it...hence the floor mats. After a 2.5 hour drive to Superior in Cincinnati, there was a heavy duty rock chip on the driver door on the grigio color....NO DEAL. Nice car, but I could not handle the chip. Amazingly, there was another dealer 20 minutes away...Columbia Acura. They had only 5 techs left. They matched the deal and I got a silver with taupe. Very happy on both counts. 12 years of black leather was enough.

Car is very firm riding, so beware. I drove a TL a couple of weeks ago and really liked the ride, power etc. Inquired about a TL with tech and was quoted $34,500.
    Decided to stick with the TSX for the price diff, operating economy and styling. 32mpg on the way home per the computer was nice too. I was a little heistant about the 4 cyl, but am satisfied.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences. Good tip on asking for the mats. Tried for the trunk liner, but they drew the line.

These cars are in short supply, so if you're serious, better be moving quickly.
  • oficerfriendlyoficerfriendly Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased '09Tech from Criswell Acura in Annapolis, Md. Deal included all weather mats..splash guards...wheel locks...door edge guards..trunk tray. Paid 29090..includes all fees and destination...tax was additional. Was an easy negotiation as had several internet quotes with me. Truly believe left a bit of cash on the table but was pleased with the deal.
  • lucianoleelucianolee Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know when Acura will come up with new finance offer for purchasing?
    I remembered one of the previous (old) post said 2nd week of July (after 7/4), is this information right? :confuse:
    thanks in advance for your help. = )
  • amatistaamatista Member Posts: 15
    I'd guess Tuesday, since Monday is when the lease offers expire.
    I just got an email from the sale agent
    "Acura just came out with the new incentives for the 09 TSX Tech model. There is $ 1250 cash back to dealer and you can also get 2.9% for 36 months or 3.9% for 60 months. "

He offers me 32832 OTD. Should I have to take this ?
    It seems everyone got for 32K. I wonder if I can drop this $800...
  • svcodemonkeysvcodemonkey Member Posts: 6
    I got an offer of 28680 + TTL with tech.

Include CA tax, I would have paid around 31750.

So, definitely, knock $800.

What is the worst other than 'no' :)
  • joe0302joe0302 Member Posts: 16
    He has a $1200.00 incentive of couse he can drop the price. :shades:
    Acura is stuck with alot of cars.
  • aak1aak1 Member Posts: 13
    Is the 3.9% for 60 mo for all TSX's or only the tech package?

I've been waiting 2 months for a financing deal on the TSX.
    Please tell me it's all TSX's.
    Well I could not drop any single penny :cry: and I hate hassle :mad: and I am sure I left plenty of money for my deal. :sick: But I could not wait anymore days and months to drive my TSX for couple of hundreds. :P I can tell you one thing from my purchase this is a great car and I am very happy because the car worth every single penny I paid for :D ... From happy new TSX owner :blush:
  • yamjamyamjam Member Posts: 21
    lucianolee, they shall be able to give you $32,000 OTD plus the Protection Package 2, mine was $32,018.80 and that was a month ago.
    I know I could do it much better from other previous post... but it is over now since I got my new car... and remember that I live in TN... and you probably live in CA area... we don't have the competition from same dealer like in LA or any other big city... Anyway I am happy with my purchase and I wish others future TSX owner good luck !!! ;)
    From the happy new TSX owner :blush:

PS: I remember about a month ago Acura did not have financing offer for TSX ...only dealer incentive.. :confuse: .Anyway Yamjam congratulation on your great deal~!!! :)
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    I'm looking to purchase a 2010 TSX TECH (4 cyl)... Does anybody have any experience with the sales or service departments of any dealerships in Westchester County (NY) or Fairfield County (CT)?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• akkjettaakkjetta Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2009 TSX tech package. At financing they offered to "reduce" the 7yr/100K extended warranty from $1850 to $1600. Is the extended warranty really worth it? The warranty really only extends the manufacturer warranty 3 years - thus it's only a 3 year warranty. The finance rep was telling me it is worth it because if the navigation system malfunctions after 4 years it will cost $3000 to fix.

BTW I got the car Out TheDoor for 32K (inclusive of taxes tags fees etc), and got them to include trunk cargo net, body side molding and a service plan which includes free oil changes for the life of the car and 10% of all servicing. Hope I got a decent deal.

On another note, beware of ChevyChase Acura and Mitch Levine - he offered me a 2009 TSX Tech for $30,400 out the door when we communicated over email, and then at the dealership said it would cost $32,800.
  • maxbetamaxbeta Member Posts: 12
    > BTW I got the car Out TheDoor for 32K (inclusive of taxes tags fees etc), and got >them to include trunk

What was the price before TTL?
  • autoexpert007autoexpert007 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase an Acura TSX V6 in the Northern Virginia area. Has anyone had any great experiences with a particular dealership? I've been to Pohanka in Chantilly, but they seem hard to deal with, and lack in knowledge. Anything in close by Maryland could be an option also if need be. Thanks.
  • mintoobmintoob Member Posts: 13
    Hey folks,

I am in Tri state and was browsing among these forums 2 yrs back when I bought MDX. We are thinking of buying a second car and we have zeroed in on 2010 TSX v4 with Tech. So far we have a quote of 200$ below invoice + Destination charge (810) + Taxes + free all season mats.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a better price quote and suggestions. I am in the tri state and can buy it from any where pretty much.

Thanks bunch folks

-M
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,818
    A lot of tri-state areas out there... can you be more specific?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I am in White plains, NY. I am willing to buy in NJ. Heard we get the best deals there. Any suggestions?
    Where did you buy your MDX from? Where do you have it serviced? What dealership gave you the $200 under invoice price? I live in Hartsdale & am strongly considering purchasing a TSX TECH w/ 6 spd manual.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• yamjamyamjam Member Posts: 21
    Seems $300 below invoice is the average price paid. See the below website.
    http://truecar.com/release/report/2010_Acura_TSX_4dr_Sedan_L4_Auto_Tech_Pkg.html- ?colorInfo=Not Available,Taupe,33220.0000,0,2010 Acura,TSX,4dr Sedan L4 Auto Tech Pkg,2010_Acura_TSX_Not_Available.jpg&trimId=316814&modelId=19463&zipcode=91377
    I bought my MDX from Crest Acura (in Syracuse). This was in 2007. I service it in any Acura/Honda service center. The dealer I am getting 200$ below is based in NJ.

Are you ok with that?
  • rrubianesrrubianes Member Posts: 4
    Just bought an 06 TSX Tech with 39K miles for $19,800+Fees. So, if it doesn't have navi, try going a few hundred lower. Thanks.
  • elnyelny Member Posts: 4
    I wonder what tristate area you are in. i am in NY and just got off the phone with a salesperson from a Long Island dealership who insisted that the tsx -4cyl with tech was selling for MSRP -at $33220 when you include destination. I referred him to the True Car website which published an average price of $30,404 for the 2010 tsx, 4 cyl auto. with tech package.
    Are you in the ny area? If so, which dealer offered you the car for $200 below invoice plus destination, which would be $29802 plus $810, plus taxes and mv charges?
    PLease let me know - let us all know- so we can use this to negotiate and get a fair price.
    The attitude of the saleman was not conducive to further negotiations.
    thanks.
    correction: the invoice is $29802. Your price is $29602 plus destination, taxes, mv
    costs.
  • akkjettaakkjetta Member Posts: 6
    Why does the price before TTL matter?
  • adamh1adamh1 Member Posts: 15
    Because TT&L varies based on county/state so it isn't a meaningful comparison.
    I am in Bedford Hills, NY and will be going to a dealer in NJ next week to do the deal.

He has promised me the following

2010 Acura TSX V4 with tech pkg for 29602 + 810 (destination) + 199$ (documentation fee) + taxes (which I will pay to the state) + free all season mat. This is the best deal I have got so far.

Once I finish the deal, I will let you know about the dealer and the agent name. Stay tuned.
    I live on Long Island and so I am negotiating with dealers who insist on top dollar.
    The best I have done so far is an offer for the 2010 TSX/4cyl/auto with tech. - the same car as your's - for the "low" price of $31,411. THis price also includes destination but it is still significantly more than you are paying. Your price is $30,611 plus taxes and DMV and thus, is a whopping $800 below mine - and you get all season mats thrown in to the deal.
    One dealer told me I had to pay MSRP!
    I assume you are certain your price is for a 2010 model.
    Let me know what happens as soon as you close the deal. I will move on this, or another car, early next week.
    good luck
    With the way the economy is, no car is selling for MSRP. Except maybe the Audi S5.

• azraiderazraider Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all of you that have posted previously. Your insight helped educate me on getting a pretty decent deal on a new 09 TSX 6 sp-manual (w/o Nav). Did most everything thru email.

Tint
    Body side molding
    Splash guards
    wheel locks
    Trunk Tray
    Rear-wing spoiler
    Custom chrome wheel package

Sale Price $27,684. OTD $30,809 (not including the warranty). Without the window etching. I'd love opinions, positive or negative. Trying to find a manual transmission in Arizona was a chore.

My question is about the Extended Warranty (Acura Care). I've seen other posts on the topic but haven't noticed answers. I never buy extended warranties. They gave the hard sell on it and I bought in after knowing I could cancel it. They reduced the price down to $1475 from $2000. Looking to see if others have actually used this warranty ? I'd appreciate your replies as I have 30 days to cancel it.
    Thanks
    Frustrated by dealers not moving to aggressive pricing on Long Island - having seen prices for a 2010 tsx 4 cyl. tech staying high relative to invoice price - I am now going to negotiate purchasing another vehicle. Any ideas?
    Personally I don't think the extended warranty is necessary. Underneath those thickly bolstered seats, beautfuly crafted interior, & sport tuned suspension, the Acura TSX is above all else, A HONDA! These cars are built to last. There's really NOTHING post warranty that could go wrong that would cost you $1000 or more.

the only thing I can think of is maybe they've got a bunch of '09 leftovers they have to get rid of before they start selling the '10s at a normal price

• ohbilliamohbilliam Member Posts: 1
    mintoob - Would you mind specifying the dealership? I am very interested! Thanks!
    I'm interested in getting a 2010 TSX and would like to know:

What are dealers in Cali selling them for? Invoice, below invoice?
    Are there any incentives right now? It looks like the 1250 marketing rebate is gone?

Does anyone know if 3.9 financing will come for the 2010 model in August?

Thanks
  • ingvaringvar Member Posts: 205
    There's really NOTHING post warranty that could go wrong that would cost you $1000 or more.
    Talk to owners 2001-2003 hondas with auto tranny.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,818
    Yeah.... but, almost all of those were covered by Honda... extended warranty, or not.. (actually, most of the bad ones failed before the original warranty had expired.. )

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rrubianesrrubianes Member Posts: 4
    Not sure if everyone knows this, but when purchasing a new car, your car insurance might be able to provide extended bumper-to-bumper warranties for a fraction of the cost at the dealer. At about $5 a month for 7 years, 100K miles, that's a great deal. I know Geico provides it. But it must be a new car, 1st driver.
  • markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    The only thing I would add is that a friend of mine who bought his Acura from a dealership in Brooklyn found out that they have marked up the price of the extended warranty. When he called Acura directly, they told him the price was much lower and should not have been marked up by the dealership. I'm not sure what the exact figures were, but just want to make sure if you are set on getting the warranty that you aren't being ripped off.

(I tend to agree with others that an Acura shouldn't need an extended warranty, but would have to give that advice and see your car fall apart in five years!!)
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    pays for an extended warranty on a Honda product deserves exactly what they get, which is scre. . .
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    Anyone want to give some advice? I'm in the midwest / plains, buying in the next week.

I have two preliminary, non-haggled quotes of $29,900 for a 2009 tech base and $31,746 for a 2010 tech base. I don't think the dealer of the 2010 (3 hours away, having to re-direct the car to me from shipment to another dealer) will come down much if at all. The 2009 dealer (1 hour away) better come down more.

My question is, what would you do? Go for the 2nd model year, assuming any possible kinks have been fixed, or potentially save $50-80 per month on a lease with the 2009 thinking hey it's a Honda, it's built well? I've read about some engine pings on the 2009 (just the MT?), and some creaks here and there, but doesn't seem too common.
    I am in the same boat as you, waiting for the 2010's.
    I would recommend you wait a month for the 2009's to get sold out, and then you'll get a better price on the 2010's. This is why Acura has financing specials on the 09 only.

The 2009, being the 1st model year has a lot of bugs. I bought the 2004 TSX when it came out, and my car had every single 'bug'.
    AC died, Nav died, Brake rotors were 'wrong' and can never be fixed. (the rotors have to be machined while on the car, that's their fix). luckily the warranty covered everything, and I had the 100K extended one.

If your leasing.. then who cares, buy the 2009, it's all under warranty.
    I'm talking for people who are buying.
  • marcindublinmarcindublin Member Posts: 2
    I got a price of 29500 for a 2009 TSX/Tech w/ floor mats. I had an internet price of 29300 from a dealership 40 miles away. My impression is that I could have gotten a slightly better deal if I wanted to put more time into it.
    Let's see, I'm looking back to all of the very expensive repairs I've had to make to my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH...(Oh wait, my car is a stick) :P

In all seriousness, I think most of the tranny problems were relegated to V6 Hondas. The four bangers prduce so little torque that it isn't that much of a strain on the transmission.

• pobs23pobs23 Member Posts: 3
    I went to the dealership today and got offered 27,800 on acura tsx 2009 with tech package. it would be around 31,000 otd here in phoenix. it was weird they wouldnt let me leave which made me think that im leaving a lot of money on the table. is this a good deal already? please help they say its only good till the end of the month. thanks.
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    That is an awesome deal! The sales price is anyway. But OTD--you aren't putting money down, are you? I've recently converted to the school of "sign and drive" (if it's a lease). I've been on this forum for about 2 months and that's the best one I remember seeing--but they do need to be getting rid of these things soon, too.
  • pobs23pobs23 Member Posts: 3
    thanks. what do you mean putting money with otd price? down. i am putting a lot of money as downpayment. i dont have a trade in. could yuou elaborate please?
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    which dealership please?
    I apologise for responding late. The dealer is Acura of Ramsey in NJ. The person I am dealing with is Mitch/Tommy. Pretty nice fellows. I have had nothing but great experience so far.

I am getting 200$ below invoice for 2010 TSX with tech package + free floor mats. Hope this helps.