Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    I'm ready to purchase a 2010 TSX V-6 W/Navigation (Tech Pkg). The best price that I received before yesterday was from a dealer in S/Jersey for $36,192 + tax and tags, which I thought was great. I received an email from an Acura dealer in Pennsylvania who gave me a price of $34,573 + tax and tags. I email back what's stated below.

"Does price injclude destination charge? Are you sure the $34,573 is for the 2010 TSX V-6 W/Tech Package? Tech is with navigation, correct?
    What color is the vehicle that you have in stock? Is this the only vehicle for that price? I want to purchase by Saturday, and don't want to go back and forth. My wife was set for the silver color."

Below is dealer response from above.

"Sorry for just getting back to you, I was not here yesterday and am getting caught up today. The price stated is correct. We do have silver with ebony interior in stock available. If you would like to leave a deposit on the vehicle I can put it aside for you until Saturday. Please let me know."

Has anyone come close to buying the TSX V-6 W/Tech Pkg, for the price quoted?

Thanks
  • litoturtolitoturto Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the infor. My total Out of The Door price is 30,104. Here is the break down:
    Price of vehicle 27390
    Destination Charge 810
    Sale Tax 6% 1692
    Doc fee 120
    Messenger fee 15
    Plate fee 10
    PA tire tax 5

Total 30104
  • jak51jak51 Member Posts: 17
    If you go to Edmund's incentives area you will see there is a $2,000 mfg to dealer incentive on the vehicle you are looking at, so with an invoice before ad fees of approx $34,800 it looks like they are making at least $1,200 still on the vehicle.
    What dealer in PA did you get the quote from? Look like it was a good deal.
    Piazza Honda Of Ardmore. Mfg List $38,760

My intention was to make a trip to Souty Jersey (boardwalk Honda), and purchase the TSX. However, the price I received from Piazza Of Ardmore is a no brainer. Hopefully, there's no b/s like "there's a mistake made." The salesman was off today, and I'll call him tomorrow to confirm.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Can you let me know if the folks at Piazza in Ardmore honor what they told you? Also, how were they to deal with - lots of typical games or straight forward. Would also be interested to know when you go to get your car if they get you in and out in an efficient manner.

I like the Acuras but have not heard much good feedback about any of the dealers in the Philly area.
    Albert: Yes, the price quoted is correct. The reason, the $2000 Dealer giver back from Acura. And, it's starting to snow ball. Montgomery Acura on Rt 309, stated that I can purchase the 2010 TSX V-6 W/Tech Pkg for $34,495. That's a big difference from the $36,192, that was originally quoted from another dealer. I'm going to ask the dealer from S/Jersey who originally gave me above price to sell it to me for $34,192.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Thanks Stripe1. We are looking at the 4 cyl model - I am thinking the 18" tires on the v-6 will wear quicker and be very expensive to replace. Maybe they could swap them with some 17" from the base model.

The V-6 would certainly be quieter and offer a lot more power - do you know if it has the VCM system that shuts down some of the cylinders?

Do you think the deals will get even better in Nov? Current offers I think end 11-2 and from what I can tell, the cash for clunkers high they were all on is fading quickly.

Good luck and if you feel comfortable saying, it would be great to know what your final deal is and where you get your car from.
  • mattdadeemattdadee Member Posts: 13
    Those fees all seem small reasonable and non-issues when added to the final sales price. What is a messenger fee though? Someone made that up! I like your lower sales tax too.

From the other recent posts, it sound like good deals are going on with the V6 in your area. It's too bad there's no known marketing incentive for the dealers on the V4 Base.
  • hbeanhbean Member Posts: 10
    I did speak with Richard at the dealership. Unfortunately, the best he could offer was $399 (including taxes) for 36 months, 10,000 miles. Only first month payment and $85 license fee due at signing. They did not have the color combo I wanted in stock and would have to order it. They were very nice and explained that you got such a great deal because of intense competition with Columbus, OH dealerships nearby.

I ended up with a lease on a 2010 Acura TSX base model (no navigation) from a local St. Louis, MO dealership for $412 per month (including taxes), which includes $500 worth of maintenance coupons to cover maintenance over the course of the 36 month lease. When you include the $500 value and deduct it from the monthly lease price, it is effectively $398 per month without maintenance included. The dealership also had the color combo I was looking for. Although I was hoping for $358 (including taxes), this deal seemed like the best I could do after a lot of research and pursuing other avenues with lease brokers, such as VIP Auto NY.
    Thanks mattdadee. I have to stick with the 4cyl eventhough there are some good deals going on with the V6 in my area. I don't know what is a messenger fee for, but it is only $15.00 so it is not big of a deal. I did shop around with a couple different dealers in the area and none of them would go lower than the price I got from the first dealer. By the way, there was a miscalculation on the OTD price. The correct OTD is $30,042. Not $30,104. My bad.
    I'm still not quite sure whether it is a good deal or not??? However, I'm planning to pick up the car tomorrow.
  • uniden24uniden24 Member Posts: 6
    Madison WI dealer quoted 29100 for TSX w/o technology 4 cylinder automatic Trans
  • manypilotsmanypilots Member Posts: 25
    2010 TSX auto I-4 w/tech $31,311 (includes wheel locks) + TTL in Maryland
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    Just picked up my TSX BLK/Parchment w/Tech. $31,300 + Tax/TTL. Ordered and waited 3 months to get this car! Love it! My only gripe is the Temp contols are hard to access and display is very hard to see what settings are set. Very small LCD screen with a ton of info packed into that little bar. The joystick takes a little to get used to also. Car is a real headturner! It's alot of car for the money and a "No Brainer" in my mind. Comp cars are 40K+
  • mattdadeemattdadee Member Posts: 13
    $399 per month, including tax and $85 title, still isn't bad. That's about $1,500 more than I'll pay over time, and probably comes out to about a $27,500 purchase price (the price used to calculate the lease). I'm no expert on the time value of money, but $1,500 over three years has a pretty low present value.

I had received offers from brokers at around $350 per month plus $2,400 up front (tax, fees, etc.), but Richard's deal (or even another dealer that can match) is better because it rolls the tax into the payments over time, so you retain the present value of the money.

My math is a rough estimate, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • shouldiwaitshouldiwait Member Posts: 14
    I went on here to get an idea what kind of incentive is available and what people are paying and cannot believe what most people are paying.

You do not pay any more than invoice + destination, etc. For example, a 2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A) per Edmunds has an MSRP $38760 and invoice of $35692. This means that the vehicle's stated price already includes destination. Since there is $2000 in factory support or "trunk money," you should be able to buy this car at $33692 or less + tax/fees. Remember that the dealer has another 3% of holdback to play with.

If you leave anymore than $1000 for the dealer, that's simply too much in this market/economy. I just paid $18050 for a new 2009 Accord LX auto. This car has an MSRP of $22400 and there's $1500 in factory support and $2000 difference between invoice and MSRP. That's nearly $4400 off on a $22000 car.

Right now I am considering a TSX and was quoted $25500 for a base 09. I am still debating if I should deal for a 2010.
  • altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    Hi I'm 19 own an 05 altima 3.5se that I plan on giving to my little brother very soon because I saw a tsx and fell in love with it. I am thinking really hard about the tsx but I need some opinions. Do you guys think I should get a new tsx or by me being so young just try an 04 or 05 tsx. I'm really in love with the tsx because it seems like its the perfect car for a young college girl like myself.I'm not trying to impress anyone by getting the tl which is much bigger I just need something nice && cute. By the way what is the cheapest price I can find an 04 or 05 tsx. Your opinions will count and will be very helpful!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    what's wrong with your Altima? You're going to give a 3.5 SE Altima to your little brother who is presumably 16? Did the car do something to you to make you not like it?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Good luck! I would wait if I were you. Unfortunately I am in an area where there is just ONE Acura dealer in my area. They can't keep the TSX in Stock. Another reason is Acura has cut back production in Japan. The TSX is made 100% in Japan unlike the TL is made in Ohio. Again I ordered and waited 3 months for my 2010 TSX. It sure the hell isn't an Accord! It's like comparing a Lexus and a Toyota! The maintenance isn't like an Accord either. So be prepared.
  • yfansyfans Member Posts: 4
    Just got an offer from one of acura dealers in NJ. OTD 30149. 2010 TSX 5A 4cl Base. Also there is a special event running now for financing APR 2.9% 48-60 months. Is that a good deal? Please share your thoughts!
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    "OTD" differs depending on your state tax ( which varies) and the dealer fee. Assuming there wasn't a trade involved, what did you pay for the car ( less state tax and dealer fee )?
    No trade-in.
    car price : 27600
  • sounds_goodsounds_good Member Posts: 27
    >> Also there is a special event running now for financing APR 2.9% 48-60 months.

Anyone know when this expires?
    It will expire on 1/4/2010
  • nj_dannyboynj_dannyboy Member Posts: 6
    I am considering a 2010 Accord EXL-V6 with Nav and the new 2010 TSX V6 with Tech. My best price on the Accord is 29,092 plus TTL. It looks like even the best negotiating on a TSX will will not get me below $34,000. A side-by-side comparison tells me that in addition to the Acura badge, with the TSX I get an additonal 12 month warranty, rear seat heater ducts, memory seats, lumbar support, surround sounds, HID headlights and 18" wheels but a little less room. I know this is subjective, but has anyone successfully justified the $5,000 price premium on the TSX over the Accord? I like the styling on the TSX much more but I am having a hard time convincing myself to spend the extra 5K. My significant other has no interest in engaging me in this conversation so your comments and thoughts would be appreciated.
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    My god, do NOT buy the Accord. Have you even just sat in each one? The Acura is soo00o much nicer. My wife and I sat in the Accord, thinking we were leaning toward that car based on $$$ and features. We sat in the Accord for about 5 seconds and left to go buy the TSX base with tech (her new car). My question is, why are you going to give Acura another 3-5 grand for a V6 that is not worth that? They are screwing everyone with that price hike. Yes, it's more power than the 4 cyl, but the 4cyl ain't awful. Frankly, I'd get the car that feels more finished and nice on the inside, with features that are backed up by that better warranty. And xenon lights, wow, so bright at night. Sound is sweet, too. GET THE TSX. There IS a difference.
    If money is a main factor, you may want to compare the total cost of ownership of each car, to include insurance. Also, factor in depreciation.

The accord and TSX are also two different vehicles that, I believe, have different target markets. I owned a TL-Type S and my wife owns a 2004 Honda Accord - EXL. Although I no longer own the TL, the driving experience of the two cars were indeed different. The TL provided a better driving experience and it was also sportier and, in my opinion, a better looking car ( again, subjective ).

Last week I went to an acura dealership to look at the 2010 TL, but when I saw and sat in the TSX I was blown away. I had not considered this car, but I plan to test drive one later this week. Although the TSX is smaller than the TL, it's not an issue for me (grown kids).

In the end, both are great cars and you can't go wrong with either choice. For me, I want my next car to offer those things I miss from my TL and I believe either the TL or TSX can do so.

Good luck and keep us updated...dan
    I plan on taking both the TSX 4 cylinder and V6 for a test drive later this week. I agree that the price delta between the 4 and the 6 is significant and unless I'm blown away by the 6 cylinder, I'll opt for the 4 cylinder.

Did you purchase a 2010 and are you happy with your decision on buying it? If you haven't already posted it, please provide pricing you paid. thnx...dan
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    about 3 months ago, I purchased a 2010 Acura TSX Tech (4 cyl). I also drove an Accord EXL- NAV. The Accord is nice & comfortable. The TSX has a driver focused interior, great road manners, sharper steering, & a huge trunk. I drive a 2001 Prelude Type SH & the Acura drives like a 4 door Prelude. The extra year/12K of warranty is just gravy. While the 4 cyl won't win you any stop light drag races, it really loves to REV. Put it in sport mode & let it fly.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• nj_dannyboynj_dannyboy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for all the responses. I have not made the purchase yet. I am still test driving and negotiating. To me, the TSX is clearly worth a premium over the Accord and I agree it is a better looking and better driving car. However, I think Acura was not agressive enough with the pricing on the V6, which is why they have had to give the dealers cash incentives to move them off the lot only a few months after the V6's introduction. With an MSRP of almost $39,000 for a V6/Tech, the TSX is 7K more than an Accord and in the same general neighborhood as a BMW 328, Infiniti G37 or even the base Acura TL. Despitew that, the TSX has been a success for Acura so they are probably not looking for any advice from me. ;)
  • hdjcpahdjcpa Member Posts: 15
    I have only bought Honda Accords (all 4-dr sedans & 4 cyl) since 1984. They were all great vehicles and I got very reliable service from each of them and great resale value at then end of my ownerships. However, on July 31, 2009 I bought a 2010 TSX 4-cyl auto w/tech pkge (Instead of another accord). This TSX is the best car I have ever owned! The accords are nice, but the TSX is finished off so much nicer. The 4-cyl is plenty of power. The 4-cyl TSX w/tech comes with everything that the accord 6-cyl w/nav comes with, and much more. You have factory installed rear view camera, awesome stereo, memory seats, homelink (not avail in 4-cyl accord), and great instrumentation panel. However, to me, the 6 cyl is a waste of gas.

Hope this helps.
    I just purchased a new 2010 TSX w/Tech Blk/Par. I also own a 2007 TLS which I also purchased new. Acura is a world of difference from Honda. Period. They ride like glass but Acura's use Premium Fuel... just something to consider. Acura is excellent in every way including their Service experience and free loaner car. My wife and I both work so the free loaner is a huge sell for us. Service is a bit more than a Honda but this is a premium luxury vehicle. If you want to be like everybody else by a Honda. If you want to be different by an Acura. The styling is next to none. Very cutting edge and they hold their value. Honestly their isn't many on the road either. I have been very happy with both so far. With minimal problems. So far 0 problems with the TSX and 1,400 miles thus far. The TLS had some squeaks and rattles and other warrantly issues. Remember the TSX is made in Japan 100% unlike the TL is made/assembled in Ohio.
  • theguru78theguru78 Member Posts: 9
    I have a Accord on the Table for $30,000 out the door with 1.9% APR in NC (that comes to $500 under invocie for a brand new 2010 model) or I am thinking of getting a Acura TSX w/ Tech for ????????? What is the best price anyone has seen or is getting in Va beach area? And is it worth to pay 2k more for an Acura version?
  • trendy10trendy10 Member Posts: 5
    Don't buy the Accord. I had a 2008 Accord V6 and hated it. I finally traded it in on a 209 TSX. Smart move. Honda has gone in the wrong direction with the Accord, and I have owned several 6 cyl models. Stay with the TSX and ditch the thought about the Accord. You will be so sorry going with the Accord.
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    I have a local dealer in Ohio quoting TSX V6 base for $31,500 + tax / tags. How does this fare for a non-tech? Was also looking at Accord V6, but wanted something a bit different.
  • syn2010syn2010 Member Posts: 6
    I have one dealership in the Atlanta area offering me 2010 TSX Tech blk/blk for 30,500(includes destinition) +TTL w/ free Lifetime powertrain warrenty. When I told the other dealership that I wanted the powertrain warrenty, they gave me an offer of 30,000+TTL. I'm stuck on what I want to do. Any suggestions?
  • serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    Hey syb2010, the 30k with TTL included or not?
  • cargirl31cargirl31 Member Posts: 10
    So I've decided to either buy or lease a new 2010 TSX (base/V4). Here are the 2 initial deals I have on the table.. just wondering if I can do any better:

LEASE:
    36 mo, 12k mi/yr
    total cap cost $28,519
    0 cap cost reduction
    $2126.61 (+ DMV fees) due at signing, which includes $595 acq. fee and taxes up front (NY @ 8.625%)
    $360.61 total monthly payment
    money factor .00168
    residual 61%

BUY price: $28,519 @ 2.9% APR
    with $6k down this would be $450/mo for 60 mo. incl. taxes

What should I do, and how much better of a deal can I possibly get? I appreciate any input. Thanks!
  • serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    @cargirl31, is that buy price OTD?
    no that's before NY tax, but the $450 monthly payment and $6k down takes all this into account. total cost after 5 years with financing and taxes is $33k in this case
  • meredith123meredith123 Member Posts: 1
    So I'm looking into purchasing a certified used 2009 TSX. Shopping around I've found 2 dealerships that have mileage from 6,000-10,000 and prices ranging ~$26,999. I've read different links on the website on purchasing a used car. First, since it's used I figure I should have some range to puchase-how low should I start off? invoice on a new is about $26,800-if I start at $20,000 is that too low? (i have looked at TMV) I only want to finance 20,000 when it comes down to everything.(or LESS) Second, should I just buy new? If someone says yes then I guess I'm back to the drawing board!! Thanks for the help.
  • jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    I am currently torn between the Acura TSX (4L) w/ tech and infiniti g37x. I don't care much if the car is a V4 or V6 so that is out of the equation. One of the big things for me is the car's sound system.

How does the TSX ELS sound system stack up against infiniti's bose sound system?
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    The TSX sound system is very impressive. I do not know about the G37's, but with a Bose, and it being the G37, I'm sure it's very good, too. Here's the real question--why in the world would you NOT get the G37 and opt for the TSX? Are you looking at a base G37 with no leather or tech or premiums? I would not hesitate to get the G37, unless you must have over 30mpg. Can I have your G37? We like our 2010 TSX 4cyl with tech, but a G37 all wheel drive... mmmm....
    The Acura is cheaper.. but yes, the g37 AWD is something I definitely want, however it may be out of my price range and RWD is definitely not an option.

I need more money!
    How is the ipod integration? Can it play apple lossless files and/or flac files off of a flash drive?
    so i have better offers now. again, it's for a 2010 base TSX I4.
    $27,900 purchase price or $349/mo lease, $2k down to cover up front taxes and fees, 12k miles, 36 months.

How much more can I get away with if I go into the dealer with a firm buy offer, or what would be the best price I can expect to actually get?

I'm still torn on the buy vs. lease thing though. How do you all feel about having this car long-term (meaning 5+ years)? How well do you think the value of this particular model will hold up? Historically they've done well, but it seems that so many people are iffy on the new design Acura has opted for on all it's models. If this changes again in a few years, will it be a disadvantage to own one in this design? I personally like it, but aesthetics is all a matter of opinion.
  • lgreewashlgreewash Member Posts: 1
    Have an offer on the table for a 2010 TSX with tech package for $29,185 + freight ($810), taxes and tags. Although a good price, this was the dealers first offer to me so I can assume there is room for negotiating, but should I ask for lower price or accessories?
  • photo_guy_72photo_guy_72 Member Posts: 4
    I've been lurking here for a while, there's a ton of great info here, figured that I should share... I just picked up the TSX v6 with tech for $33,500 (inc destination) at a Central NJ dealer. Thanks to the edmunds TMV and the $2000 incentive, the negotiations were pretty stress-free.
  • scared2buyscared2buy Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up my base 2010 TSX for $27k even, incl. destination. I also got the protective pack for $250. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!