Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• syn2010syn2010 Member Posts: 6
    No the TTL wasnt included but here is the deal that I got.

On the day of purchasing, before I even got there dealership 1 gave me a lower price of 30,400 blk/blk Tech +TTL(car only had 1 mile). So while I was driving there dealership 2 gave me an even lower price of 29,500 blk/blk Tech +TTL(car had 65 miles on it). I told dealership 1 about the price...they wouldnt go lower, so as I was walking out the door the salesman asked me if I had a trade in, when I said yes...he said he could work the numbers for my trade-in. Well lets say they gave me a VERY fair price(a whole lot more than I was expecting) for the trade in.

I went with the dealership 1 because I didnt want to drive to the other side of town, 2 car was basically fresh off the truck(65 miles isnt alot, but it has been test drivin one too many times for my taste), and dealership 1 was the only acura dealership in the area offering a FREE lifetime powertrain warrenty(probably will never need to use it but you never know).

With my trade-in final price was 27900, OTD was 30,500.
  • hubie79hubie79 Member Posts: 6
    Ive been offered a certified 09 TSX/9k Miles with ebony chrome wheels. For $29K..is this a good deal or should i buy a new one.
    let me know your thoughts
    thanks
  • mclovin2mclovin2 Member Posts: 3
    $29K used - is this a Tech? From what I have seen, the better deals are on new cars. Difference of about $2K between new and used isn't much after the 2.9% rate and advantage to deduct the sales tax above the line if you buy in 2009. I really wanted a used TSX, but i think I've talked myself into a new one. Has anyone else received a deal on a 2010 base for $27K?
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    Well the best deal I could get on a 2010 TSX Tech Blk/Parch was $ 31,400 + TTL...that I had to order because there were none in the country at the time.. for some reason that combo is hard to come by? I also live in an area where there isn't an Acura dealer within a 200 mile radius! :mad: I also got screwed on the Financing. The 2.9% came out two weeks after I took delivery of the car. I think you got one hell of a deal!
  • jbl69jbl69 Member Posts: 2
    After test drive, I got a ballpark number from local dealer @ $28,200 for 2010 base TSX. The price included destination charge ($810), but not TTL. I'm gearing up for serious talks. Do you think they will sell it for $27,400 (includes dest) with protection package ($250) thrown in?

My second option is to hold off purchase until last week of Dec to see if there are any final year end clearance sales (to avoid $500 property tax). I would hit some out of state dealers that probably sell 25 - 50% more cars than the local dealer. I don't know how much incentive they get from Acura for volume and what percentage they would be willing to share in the form of a discounted price. Someone posted a price of $27k even (includes dest) for same model, so I'm wondering if this is a reasonable goal to shoot for?
    Hubie79, You could get a new 2010 Base for a lot less, heck you could probably get one with the tech package for maybe $1000 more. That's too much money for a car that has 9K miles IMO. I would just get a new one, and take advantage of the 2.9 financing.
    I think the reason I got such a good deal was because there are 5 Acura dealerships in my city. I just played them off each other until I got the price I wanted and even then I got a price that was lower than expected. I take it you won't be taking your car to the Dealership for service...200 miles is a long drive! Isn't there a way you can refinance what you already have?
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    The dealership is right over the hill from me but the next nearest one is 100+ miles away. I got 5.1% through my bank at the time and I see now it's 2.99%. I put well over 1/2 down so the difference is like $750 more in interest over 5 years. It's just the point of it! My salesman said he doesn't know about the financing from Acura until it comes out from Corporate or I would have waited. :cry:
  • vikingsin2010vikingsin2010 Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations. By my math that is $769 below invoice. Could you share dealership name and location?
  • hubie79hubie79 Member Posts: 6
    it was $29K OTD , with tech..
    the 19inch acura chrome wheels,new tires,
    and 9k miles
  • jimmybandelljimmybandell Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted 26,910 from one dealer in MD and then another dealer in VA undercut that guy with 26,600(volume dealer), I still have not purchased (these are not OTD, they are base car + destination). I asked both guys if there were any doc fees or processing fees, but they assured me it was that price plus TTL.

Seems like they are trying to move product and discounting aggresively right now, but I agree the last week of the year they will be even more eager to make a deal.
  • cargirl31cargirl31 Member Posts: 10
    I got it at Paragon Acura in Queens. They had a holiday sale going (might still be going on now, I'm not sure though). The prices on their sale flyer I saw were a little lower than what I paid, but only for the color combos that weren't selling well or that had been sitting on the lot for a long time. For ex, they would have sold me a base 2010 black/parchment for the advertised $26,995, but I wanted grigio/ebony. Either way, the negotiation was simple and everything went well. I drove the car home the same day.

Just FYI to everyone who may not know - you can deduct the sales tax on a new car purchased by Dec. 31 on your 2009 tax return (subject to income limitations, but they're pretty high). This was part of the economic stimulus package for 2009, so that's an extra perk of buying a new car by year-end.
  • ajreidajreid Member Posts: 8
    Car Man,

First time leasing a vehicle.

First offer for a base 2010 TSX, 12K miles, 36 mths was $28,169 + TTL. Money factor is .00168 and the residual is $18,373 (I think 35%). $1,500 down (probably for TTL). Monthly payment $359.

How do they calculate the monthly payment for the purchase price, money factor and residual? I'm totally confused.
  • pj1369pj1369 Member Posts: 16
    I paid $29K plus TTL. For the grigio, dark grey w/ black interior and they threw in wheel locks, cargo tray, and trunk hooks. Bought it out in VA.
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    2010 Acura TSX auto 4cy w/ Technology pkg is $31,532. Is this price too high?
    Seems like many of you have bought this sub $30k. I'm talking about prices with out TTL - just the car. Is there really no incentive money out there back to the dealers. My local dealer has a bunch of 2010's on the lot.
    Thanks.
    As noted earlier, I got the same car you outlined for $29k + TTL. So, I think $31K+ is way too much. You should be able to bring them down to at least $1000 below invoice. All dealers in my area came to that amount, which was $29,612. It also helps that I have five dealers all in a 20 mile radius. Where are you located? Location/region and relative popularity in that area makes a big difference. Good luck!
  • jbl69jbl69 Member Posts: 2
    Signed buyer order for $27.2K discounted price + TTL, but not sure about arrival date. Could be next week, could be next month. Dealer screwed me on $300 in options since I thought they were included in price when we started negotiating. Didn't realize until I was signing order they were excluded since we went back and forth 3 times. He didn't want to bargain any further. I'm also worried that if I don't receive car by dec 31 I'll lose several more hundred because of the special tax deduction.

Is it worth going back and trying to get another $500 or $600 in options and threatening to cancel order or just chalk it up to experience. I still feel $27.2 is a great price and I don't want to be greedy about the sale since I will be taking the car there for service. Any thoughts?
    I'm being quoted $400 for the protection package which includes the splash guards ($189), the trunk tray ($139) and the wheel locks ($93). This would total $421 but the dealer will sell it installed for $400.

This seems high to me. How can I find the invoice price on this package?

What have you paid for the protection package?
    You can easily get this 2010 TSX for under invoice...depending on where you are and how many dealerships you have in your area.
    Jbl69 and Ajreid....do NOT pay a single penny for the protection package! Let me tell you why. When I started calling the dealers up in my area, one of the kept telling me that I would get the mud guards, wheel locks and trunk tray. I told him that I didn't want all that. Then he said all the Acura dealers in the Atlanta area installs the protection package at no extra cost. Sure enough when I called the other dealerships they confirmed it.

So not only did I get the car for under invoice, I got a free protection package(which apparently is considered "standard" for the Acura dealerships around here). Have them throw in that package for free. I didnt pay for it and neither should you.
    How do you negotiate not paying for the protection package?
  • cargirl31cargirl31 Member Posts: 10
    that's definitely too high for the protection pack. the prices listed on acura.com (build and price section) are much less than those you mentioned. My dealer doesn't include this for free (I doubt any in NY would) but I paid $250 when I bought the car for the mud flaps, wheel locks, all-season mats, and trunk tray. You can def. shoot for much less than $400 IMO. Good luck!
  • sa116sa116 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer and city is this offer?
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    Do you think getting a certified 2008 with Nav for $28K (OTD) is too much? I am in southern cal. I went to a dealer in the San Fernando Valley and their sales person told me that they are sold out on the 2009 models. What can I get a 2009 TSX with tech package, certified in southern cal OTD for?

Thanks,

Lee
  • xianwaixianwai Member Posts: 3
    I got a 2010 TSX Base w/ all-season floormats thrown in for $26,495 (includes $810 destination fee). Plus, if you buy in 2009 you get a tax break on sales and local taxes. Check out Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA.
    Did this include the protection package? Mud flaps, trunk tray and wheel locks.
  • mattdadeemattdadee Member Posts: 13
    Wow. That's a great price. It even beats my Ohio $26,769 (including destination) price from September.
  • solpangsolpang Member Posts: 6
    Xianwai, I am looking for the exact same car right now and live in DC area too. Could you please send me a copy of your deal to acwonders@gmail.com. Thanks a lot.
  • antwoneantwone Member Posts: 2
    Hi, xianwai,

I am looking for the same car at Houston area, could you please send me a copy of your deal to me?

antwone.tutu@gmail.com

Thanks a looooot!
  • zanadoozanadoo Member Posts: 1
    Xianwai, I am looking for the same exact car right now and I live in Los Angeles area. Could you please send me a copy of your deal to nanoosecond@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!
    Zanadoo
  • mike651mike651 Member Posts: 24
    Wow, you did do really well! I got my Acura TSX 2010 black 6 speed manual non tech with side body molding included last weekend for 26,840 plus 810 destination for a total of 27,650 from Acura in Gaithersburg, MD. I did call around prior and to get quotes, but the lowest quote received over the internet was 27k plus destination. Once going in, I got them to go down just a bit and include the molding, but they wouldn't budge any more and I got tired talking to dealerships. They did have to locate the car though. It helps when they have what you want on their lot. I wonder how much the dealer pays for the car. I bet 25K....... Or do you think they lost money on your deal?? Prior to buying my car, I did call up laurel, MD and I told them I'd buy a car for 26,500 (destination included), but they laughed at me and I hung up the phone........ Their loss..... lol!
    The best price I've been quoted is 27,300 including the protection package. Do you think I could negotiate for a better price by talking to other dealers? I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.

Another dealer quoted me one price for the car and the final driving away price was almost $2K more and when I asked for a breakdown of the difference, I was told that I had to pay tax (3%) on the purchase price. I thought that was the case only if you bought the car, but not with leasing as you pay tax on the car payment. Can anyone help me out....please don't make fun of my lack of knowledge :)
    It did not include mud flaps or trunk tray, but evidently all Pohanka Acuras come with wheel locks and some sort of tire treatment that's supposed to protect against leakage (I forgot what it was called).
    Sorry but I don't have a copy of my deal to share, but my suggestion is to use Edmunds to request a quote from several dealerships and then to negotiate from there. I actually think I got lucky and the sales person forgot to add the destination fee when quoting me a price, but true to their word they honored it and I was even able to negotiate down a little more. Good luck. Merry Christmas!
  • solpangsolpang Member Posts: 6
    Xianwai, could you please just forward me the quote you got to acwonders@gmail.com? I called the same dealer and they said I have to tell them your name in their system so that they can match the price. Thanks a lot for the help!
  • velvet2velvet2 Member Posts: 3
    That's a great deal! I purchased 2010 TSX base model for $26,700 in November. The dealership is in Ellicott City, MD -- Norris Acura. I thought I got a great deal!
  • jp_carsjp_cars Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I live in the bay area and so far my best price on 2010 TSX base has been 26900.

At this price, the dealer is not offering any addons either (power pack/all weather mats etc.).

Does anybody know of better offers/dealers around the bay area?

Thanks
  • henzohenzo Member Posts: 2
    [jp_cars],

Can you let me know where you got the quote for 26900? All my quotes have been over 27k.

Thanks
  • henzohenzo Member Posts: 2
    jp_cars,

Can you send me an email at carspace.1234user (at) spamgourmet.com?
    Pohanka in Chantilly, VA was great for me. I'm surprised to see so many get such high quotes for the base model. At Pohanka, I got the TSX Auto w/ tech package for $29K including destination, cargo/trunk liner and wheel locks. OTD w/ fees, taxes, and everything, it was under $30K.
    I think there's a salesman from pohanka in chantilly, va making some false posts! No way could you have purchased a 2010 tech for under 30k OTD!!! I just called pohanka and the lowest thy were willing to go is 27310 (destination included) for non tech. Take a look at all the false statements from this pohanka guy. I even saw someone claim that they purchased a non tech for 26500 with destination included! Obsurd!!! Here's the deal, realisticly you should be able to get non tech for under 30k otd and tech for under 32500 otd. Request the quotes and you'll see.
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    Just had a tremendous buying experience at Fayetteville, AR Acura dealer where I bought my third car. Great guys and no BS. Took the information from this forum and some online proposals I had and was able to get a deal I'm very happy with. All weather mats and splash guards were included in this price but no sales tax. Also was able to get the 2.9% financing. Thanks to all who post their experience here. It is all very helpful. Almost went crazy and bought a CPO Mercedes C350 but just couldn't justify the price differential from a new TSX. Love the way the C350 looks but just couldn't get comfortable with the reliability issues. Way too many forums with bad stories. I like to drive a car way past the warranty expiring and I think Acura is the way to go. Has been so far for us anyway. Good luck to everyone and enjoy your TSX!
    This isn't a salesman, I have been a member of this forum for several
    years and I have no reason to lie about my deal. I was just sharing my
    experience as I did on my last car purchase on here (a 2009 camry), which I purchased in Rockville, MD. Look under my past posts if you need to, lol.

I hope it helps others getting the best price possible and best of luck car shopping.

Also, note due to my camry trade-in I experienced significant savings
    on taxes, which enabled me to get the OTD under 30k.
    My apologies to you. I didn't realize that you had a trade in. That's why the numbers didn't compute for me! Hey, I hope you're enjoying your new car. I love my new tsx just as I bet you love yours! :-)
  • eno789eno789 Member Posts: 3
    I closed the deal and drove home a Polished Metal/Ebony TSX with Tech Package. Love the car.
    The final price (including destination charge, before tax/doc fees) was $29,800. This was at Sunnyvale Acura in San Francisco bay area. Probably could do better if I shop around more. But at least the tax reduction is great, see http://www.irs.gov/recovery
    no worries. when i thought about it more i realized that might have confused people. always good to have discussions that lead to clarified information that is more helpful. cheers! :)
  • chios1212chios1212 Member Posts: 11
    I got the 2010 Acura TSX, Base, Auto trans for $27,077 (including destination fee) also included the Pro pack (matching splash guards, wheel locks and Trunk tray).

Has anyone else gotten a better deal than this?? I looked and looked and no one would beat this.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    You people are getting some spectacular deals. Back in August, I paid only $1000 off sticker for my 2010 Acura TSX Tech (Black/Black). It was the best and only deal I could muster using the Cash 4 Clunkers program (which gave me a $3500 discount after taxes) + My finance rate is 5.9% for 60 months.

Congrats to you all!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• ddobddob Member Posts: 11
    where did you get this deal? Was that OTD price? Did you have a trade that they factored in?
  • chios1212chios1212 Member Posts: 11
    I got the deal at Keyes in Van Nuys.

I did go back and forth with them for sometime but they finally took my offer. I did not have a trade in.