Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chios1212chios1212 Member Posts: 11
    No it was not OTD, the price of the car itself was 27,077 with Pro pack.

Taxes
    Documentation Fee
    GAP insurance
    Hey, how much did you pay for your gap insurance? I was told that the price was 750, but they gave it to me at 500. I bet I could have done better. I put 10% down, but buying gap gave me piece of mind just in case something would happen to the car. I wonder if I could have bargained down on that...
    I paid $575.00 so I got screwed there. And yes, it's piece of mind...you never know what might happen.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Bear in mind that the doc fee is nothing more than ADM (additional dealer markup), above about $20.

Preparing documentation is part and parcel of running a car dealership. Whoever thought up the concept of charging extra for it is waiting to start charging to cover the electric bill or building lease. Stay tuned. In many cases, skinny deals make more from the doc fee than they do from the car -- some places the doc fee is well north of $400.

Gap insurance is another opportunity for the F & I department to up the ante. If you want/need such insurance, try getting a quote from your current car insurance agent. My guess is that it'll be significantly less costly.

That's why OTD negotiating is useful -- the doc fee just blends into the whole thing, and it's clear that you're going to pay a particular bottom-line figure. No mop 'n glo, no GAP, no life insurance, no VIN etching, no . . . Bring a cashier's cheque for the amount you're willing to pay, OTD. If the first guy doesn't want it, maybe the next guy will.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Everything you said is so true. I was a little bothered when I saw that GAP insurance was put on withouth even asking me, although I WAS going to get it. There's so much paperwork to sign that I just sign, sign, and sign. I just skim through the numbers real quick to double check.
  • irish2010irish2010 Member Posts: 3
    I just inked a deal for black on black, $27,200 plus $595 acq. fee for a total OTD of $27,797. 36 mths / 12K for $348 / mth. No money down. I think I got a pretty good deal.
    $27,200 36 mths
    $348 / mth. No money down?

I don't get it. Oh, you had a trade in right? Well..good for you.
    Correct. No, I didn't have a trade-in. Sheer negotiation!
    Also, included pro package and two cargo hooks.
    Good for you!! :)
  • solpangsolpang Member Posts: 6
    Is $27,800 OTD (3% tax rate) a good deal for a auto tran base model? Thanks.
  • satt2satt2 Member Posts: 4
    just pulled the trigger today, and used Acura 1.9% financing term as well. A little tired of car research these days. Probably not a very good deal based on what I saw from the forum, but glad to have the deal finalized by the end of the year, and tax credit may help a little as well.
  • hokie28hokie28 Member Posts: 16
    What prices are people paying for this in the Washington D.C. area?

Happy New Year to all!
    How much would you say a person would get on the stimulus auto tax break for a 30,000 vehicle? If takes were about 3,000?
    I would say that's a pretty good deal.
  • lexusguy311lexusguy311 Member Posts: 10
    Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Base TSX Black/Black on Monday. Purchased at Sunnyvale Acura in Bay Area. Excellent Service as I was in and out in under 2 hours. I paid $27,000.00 (not incl. taxes and license). Bay Area dealerships were real limited on Base models as most Models in the the Bay Area are Tech Package. This limited my choices (in which ebony interior was a must with my two year old son) but was able to find what I was looking for. I couldn't be happier as the car drives like a dream. A real nice upgrade over my 2004 Honda Accord 4-cyl! :shades:
    Good deal! Congrats!

I got the parchment leather and I have a 7 month old! I should have probably gotten the ebony interior...I fell in love with the Parchment though...maybe my next car. ;)
  • mike651mike651 Member Posts: 24
    I got the black on black too! It's a great car and I opted for the manual trans which I love! Tell me though, does the 27k that you paid include the destination charge ($810 fee)?
  • lexusguy311lexusguy311 Member Posts: 10
    I would have loved a manual (my accord was a 5 banger); however they were impossible to find! Yes, the 27k included destination charge. I was quoted several prices throughout the bay area. 28,200 being the highest and the lowest being 27k. I couldn't be happier with the car. Acura/Honda sure knows how to put a nice package together. You can't get much more for your hard earned $$$.
    Wow! You got a great deal! I paid 26840 PLUS destination which brought it to 27650, but I did get the body side molding included (280 value). I totally recomend getting the body side molding if you haven't already....... That was the one thing that surprisingly didn't come standard with the car. And you're right about it being hard to get a manual because they did have to locate it. I guess I would have had more leverage on bargaining for the car if they had what I wanted right on their own lot. Oh, and f.y.i., after I bought my car I checked around and one dealer in virginia quoted me 26500 with the destination included, but that's because I called on december 31st. I was curious about how low they would actually go and I bet that's it...... I bet people pay anywhere from 26500 to 28500 with destination included. What they quote you depends on how flexable you are with colors/ transmission type and what time of the month you're buying..... As for me, I wasn't too flexible and I bought in mid dec.
  • carsearch15carsearch15 Member Posts: 2
    As I keep my cars for a long time I am considering picking up a new 2009 Auto w/Tech.
    Any idea what these are going out for now? MSRP is 33020 with invoice of 29156. I appreciate any help - thanks!
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    If you keep your car for a long time (say 7-10 years) why would you want the Tech package? Do you still have your PC from 7-10 years ago? How is that working for you? Technology in cars is changing almost as fast as PC technologies but unlike those other technologies, you can't upgrade (or at least not easily) a car. Until 3-5 years ago people were still paying for "car phone" pre-wiring in the their BMW. Do you think anyone uses that anymore? Technology is great but you do not want to be tied to it in a car whose long term use greatly exceeds the life span of the technology.

If you can't get a feel for prices from this thread you can always check them at TrueCar.
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    Well for one... if you don't like getting lost it's a good thing. You can always get updated DISCs from Acura each year. I prefer every other year since they cost $185 a crack! As far as re-sale a person will be more opt to purchase the Tech over Non-Tech. Fact is it gets you from point A to point B regardless of how old it gets. I purchased my 2010 TSX Blk / Parch with Tech for $31,500. That's the best I could get in Western PA since I had to pre-order the car from Japan. There were "0" in the US with that combo. I plan to own mine for years to come. Love the car! Don't skimp get the Tech. Also the sound system is awesome. Remeber everything is integrated through the Nav System. It's awesome! :shades:
    I have to agree with biker4. The tech package also greatly inflates the price of the car by a good 3k. The main difference between tech and non tech is that with tech you get 10 speakers in your car instead of 7, you have a built in gps system, as well as a camera for going in reverse. 7 speakers is more than enough speakers, you can buy a great gps for about 200 bucks at your local best buy, and the rear view camera is worthless since you have a rear view mirror. Also, why would you want to go for a 2009 when you can get a 2010 tsx? Whatever money you save by purchasing an '09 goes out the door given that the model is a year old. You should be able to get a 2010 without tech for under 30k out the door. No sense in Throwing away any additional funds...
  • lucianoleelucianolee Member Posts: 7
    I am very surprised to see some 2009 still in the market. I purchased my TSX with tech 7 months ago and I am really happy with my purchase. I never regretted about my extra spending on tech. Because as Gbosil stated in his post, you have to remember everything is integrated in build-in GPS.
    The voice command option is priceless. it starts from reading mp3/ipod titles and songs to setting interior temperatures/ mapping without punching buttons. Indeed, it is simply amazing feature.
    Plus there are two more advantages of build-in Nav over portable GPS, big screen size(between 6~7 inches) and worry-free factor (thieves of portable GPS). Ups! I almost forgot to tell you the back up camera is also set thru your Nav system. After 7 months of my experience with back up camera, it became a must item for my next car.
  • auspexianauspexian Member Posts: 2
    Is there any incentive left beside 1.9% finance for TSX?
    I want to get a new TSX for my wife BirthDay in April latest May :-), replacing an old 98 Acura CL 2.3.
    Tks
    :cry:
    It's 1.9% for 1-36 months of financing and 2.9% for 37-60 months of financing. The tax break is over with. Those were the only two incentives back in '09 so now it's down to only one incentive given no more tax break. :-(
  • uniden24uniden24 Member Posts: 6
    I noticed most of the great deals and went to a local Acura dealer in Madison. They wouldn't budge from sticker price. Figured oh well forget about it, I am not paying that inflated price, Best they would do was about 300 off. Went to Brookfield acura which was 54 miles away and got it for invoice + 200 markup. excellent experience
    Wow! They really wanted you to pay sticker price?! Did you request quotes prior to going to the dealership? You were very smart to go somewhere else! That's what happens in areas where the other Acura dealership is 54 miles away..... They probably figured that you wouldn't make the drive. What's the name/ location of the Acura dealership who quoted you sticker?
  • uniden24uniden24 Member Posts: 6
    zimbrick acura madison quoted me the high prices. I noticed all the great deals from all over the US but nothing was ever mentioned here from Wisconsin. So I thought I would put my two cents in. Because maybe someone else was like me. Checking on this discussion forum and wondering why the heck can't I get a decent price and it seems everyone else is all over the US.
  • tannistannis Member Posts: 9
    So this model is over a full year old with above average miles. It was a loaner and everyone I know including myself treats loaners the same. (We) beat them because they aren't ours to deal with down the road. Taking all that into consideration they are still asking $28,988. What is it worth? Is it even worth it regardless of the price? I don't mind a driven vehicle though I'd prefer new but I still have to be somewhat price savvy here. What price should I start at for negotiation? From what I've seen that price is only about a grand under invoice, NEW. I'm not a great haggler but if I knew a good price that would be acceptable and have some valid points to argue then I might find myself in a better position. If I really must go new, so be it. It would be my first new car, ever, and I'm about to turn 29. Is that a good enough excuse to purchase new or am I just letting my emotions run my wallet? If that's the case I'll wind up paying sticker for a V6 w/ Tech. That'll hurt.

Any advice or buying experience/prices for the year-old loaners would be greatly appreciated. I've got a date with the dealer mid-February. Am I in a better negotiating position at that time of year?

Thanks!!!
  • frescagodfrescagod Member Posts: 6
    i worked out pricing before heading to Rosenthal Acura, and it was hands down, the best experience i have had buying cars. this should mean even more, considering all i have purchased over the past ~7 years have been 3 acuras (04 RSX, 05 TSX, and now 10 TSX) and a honda S2000. there was no bait and switch, there was no "oh i lost your paperwork" routine, there was no four-square sheet, it was just me asking for his best price, him honoring it, me coming in, seeing that the car was detailed, prepped, paperwork was ready, financing was a breeze (the 2.9% over 60 months), and the woman working the numbers was fine and didn't pressure me too much about any of the extras. i left the dealership feeling great. i just got home and the car is perfect on the road (knock on wood). i plan on keeping this car for at least 4 years now (which would be a first for me).

if you want a good experience and live in DC, make the drive to Rosenthal. i seriously live 3 miles away from Radley, and i work 10 mile away from Pohanka, but Rosenthal seriously impressed me. while my girlfriend was waiting, she was reading a book and at least 3 other salesmen stopped to talk to her about her kindle, if she was okay, if she needed a drink, etc.

all in all, i will be giving perfect scores for the whole experience. well done, Rosenthal!

and no, i am not a salesman trying to pad the dealer's reputation. please feel free to contact me if you have other specific questions.
  • satt2satt2 Member Posts: 4
    what is your OTD if you do not mind sharing?
  • bob1017bob1017 Member Posts: 1
    Got 29850 for 2010 TSX w/ Tech pkge and splash guards all in except tax and registration. DCH Montclair and Springfield give the best prices in Northern and Central NJ. Can you share what you paid for similar car.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That dealer and others are bound to have many more loaners available for sale soon now that their 2Gen TSX fleet is starting to age. I would never pay anything approaching invoice on a used vehicle with that many miles. When people are getting new cars under invoice it just makes no sense to pay that much for a used vehicle - loaner or not. Last Sept I had a chance to buy an 09 w/Tech (w 10K on the odo) for $25K from someone on Craigslist. Obviously that price would be even lower today.

As is the case with any car purchase end of the month on a weekday will likely yield the best prices. Detach yourself emotionally from the car and treat it as a simple business proposition. Widen you search area if you want to get a deal. Car purchases are always about how much value you put on your time and aggravation.
  • pj1369pj1369 Member Posts: 16
    If you don't mind what was your OTD and did you go tech or no tech? Thanks!
    Hey, thanks for that lead. I've been looking for at least a half decent dealer here in Virginia Beach and the one won't even dare give me a number to go on. They want a solid commitment from me to say that I'll buy before they even tell me what the numbers are. I'm a little tired of that game. After reading your post I contacted Rosenthal via email. The Internet Sales Manager called late afternoon and no b/s, he straight up gave me the full OTD price including tax and title and he broke each cost and fee down to their components. He also gave me a price no one here in VB would touch. I was thrilled. I'm going to DC next Saturday to make my purchase.
  • ddobddob Member Posts: 11
    What kind of dealership wants you to commit to purchase before they tell you the price? Do they actually think they'll make any sales that way to anyone other than the totally ignorant? It's those types of shenanigans that keep car salesman in such high regard.

what were the numbers?
    You had a trade in, right? Or did you not include the destination, tax, and tags to the 29850?
    I haven't a clue but they sure shot themselves in the foot over it. I did find out today at yet another dealership that the other one I thought was giving me straight answers really wasn't. Actually they completely lied and omitted some information. Then I asked for buyer's order and they couldn't produce one because the OTD price they gave me via email was all b/s. At this rate I'll never buy my new car. If I wasn't si excited about this car I would have given up already.
  • dcengineer3dcengineer3 Member Posts: 1
    I've purchased three Acura's from Radley Acura over the last 17 years, and 6 or 7 of my friends/co-workers have also done business with Radley as well. No offense intended but if you live 3 miles from Radley Acura - I have to question your post. You sound like you work for Rosenthal because we all know that their prices are ALWAYS higher than Radley's plus Radley's service department is open from 7AM until 2AM, so why would you drive 30+ miles to pay 6% sales tax and ultimately more money?

I will agree with one thing, no matter where you purchase a vehicle (or anything for that matter) your experience depends on who you do business with. If you're in the market - and you live in Northern Virginia/DC, I highly recommend talking to Joe J. (his last name is long and I can't remember how to spell it) at Radley Acura. I recently purchased a 2010 TSX from him and he is respectful, knowledgeable, not pushy, follows through with what he promises, and overall he's the best salesman I've dealt with in a long long time. There are other posts on this forum mentioning his name and Radley Acura, so I'm not the only person with this opinion.
    I have to agree with dcengineer. Frescagod has to work for rosenthal acura. His story was somewhat believeable up until him mentioning that he live next to radley, but decides to drive 30 miles to do business with rosenthal. When car salesmen make up stories and pose as customers on this blog it just makes me have think less of car sales men. It makes me want to tell all my friends to not go to rothenthal Acura. This blog is for real buyers, not for car salesmen that want to make up stories to trick people.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Hmmm ..

How about we all assume that our experiences may not match others... and, that doesn't necessarily make them liars?

The member in question has been a member of Edmunds for over five years... and, shows no propensity for shilling for any dealership..

Now.. back to prices paid..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vt6vt6 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I just picked up a pearl white V6 with ebony leather. I paid 30600 plus VA 3% tax, tags, and other small miscellaneous fees. Total came out to 31800 OTD. Basically, I got $5000 off MSRP. I think it's a good deal. Oh yeah, I got them to throw in the all weather mats too. And I also got 2.9% for 60 months.

I had a hard time choosing between the TSX V6 and TL as the price was virtually identical, but I went with the TSX because I liked the way it looks and I preferred the smaller size compared to the TL.
    Wow. That's a fantastic price. I think dealer cash on that was around $1,500 as well. What dealership was that? I'm in the VB area and I'm trying to find the best price possible. Sounds like that dealer really did you well.

Congrats!
  • washkawashka Member Posts: 2
    I picked up yesterday I4 (non tech) silver with black leather and mud guards. Paid 26,229 plus VA 3% tax, tags. Total 27,099 OTD. Financing 1.9% for 36 months.

Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg MD. Perfect buying experience.
  • abvb_2002abvb_2002 Member Posts: 4
    Hello
    am in the mid-atlantic area. Looking for 2010 Tsx + Tech;
    1. What is the best offer folks have got in the area;
    2. am looking at also getting the 7y/100k warranty;

any feedback on prices would also be appreciated

thx
    AB
  • luck5777luck5777 Member Posts: 1
    Chios and others on GAP insurance:

Check with your auto insurance providers first. On my policy, I can purchase GAP coverage for $110/yr on new 2010 TSX. I can keep this for as long as I wish on my policy at likely the same price.

Why is this better than buying thru dealer?
    1. Even at $500 cost from dealer you're going to pay more outright than thru your insurance
    2. You'll likely only need to keep for 1-2 years (IF you're likely upside down driving off the lot with little or no $$ down or leasing....if trading in or putting a good amount of $$ down you might not even need GAP covg)
    3. You don't pay the finance charges on your insurance premiums (like you would if adding to car loan)

What is GAP coverage? Pays the difference between amount owed on a loan/lease and the cash value you'd receive from your insurance policy in the event of a totalled out car. GAP coverage is really becoming more & more relevant in light of all of these 'no money down, great financing rate' deals (and why wouldn't you take those at 1.9 or 2.9%....obviously saving money overall even if you need to pony up a couple years of GAP coverage).

Why is it less critical for this particular auto? Acura's hold value better than many other makes....which means the cash value won't drop as dramatically when driving off the lot which keeps the potential "gap" a lot lower. And you really only need this coverage in the event of a totalled out car...partial repairs = fix it and continue driving.

I'm going to add it on and set a note for 12 months to do a quick check on finance balance & car value and decide if doing for another year.

I know it's likely too late for those of you who've purchased the car already but hopefully this info on GAP insurance helps.
    oh wow! I wish I would have known this! good info! Maybe my next car..hahahah.
    I wasn't even asked about adding it but I would have accepted it of course.

Thanks! :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    the 7 year/ 100K mile warranty on the Acura is a waste... this is a Honda after all.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD