Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    +1^ - get your money back. If you want, put that money into a savings account and us it only if you ever have an issue with the car out of warranty. I bet you'll have plenty of money left in 7 years. :shades:
  • kst1kst1 Member Posts: 22
    Hi guys! I am looking at a 2007 CPO Acura TSX in Central California. The car is a base, automatic TSX with 14K miles. The dealer has it listed at $ 21985 + TTL. Is that a good price for this car? Also, any point in even looking at an extended warranty beyond the CPO warranty? And finally, is premium gas absolutely required? I have seen some posts here where people have been drviving on regular and have had no problems. I do have a daily commute of 70-75 miles, so it is an important factor although not deal breaking. Thanks!
  • pauljwpauljw Member Posts: 2
    I went online and asked for a price quote.
    Within 10 minutes, 2 dealers called me and the best was at 26,260.
  • pauljwpauljw Member Posts: 2
    Why in the world would be buy a manual car TSX?
    I have been quoted 26,260 for a TSX without evening blinking an eye.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited February 2010
    Why in the world would be buy a manual car TSX?

I think there's a actual question lurking in there, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Perhaps it has to do with why anyone would choose a manual.

Perhaps not.

Either way, I have a very strong opinion having to do with the simplicity, reliability and overall superiority (shift when you want, how you want, only if your want) of manual transmissions. That's why I went to great lengths a couple of years ago to obtain a manual-transmission-equipped TSX, without the "tech" package, no less.

I'm enjoying it as much as it's humanly possible to enjoy a front-wheel-drive car, which is quite a lot, as it turns out.

If the question has to do with why anyone who wants to drive a "status" brand like the Acura (yeah, right) with a yeoman transmission, as opposed to the upscale automatic, well, that's a whole 'nother world.

Talk amongst yourselves.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • texlinktexlink Member Posts: 5
    Just got this deal, let me know what you think. Texas, purchase for a 2010 TSX black/parchment 4cyl, AT, with Tech, wheel locks, tint, and side body moldings and nitrogen in tires for 30,411 plus ttl.

Did I do good?
  • hope1220hope1220 Member Posts: 1
    Any advice for negotiating the price on a TSX 5 spd automatic, no Tech package? I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible and I'm anxious to find out what the incentives will be starting March 2. How much off the invoice price is it reasonable to hope for? Thanks
    Forget the extended warranty. The car will run OK on regular tho there might be a slight mileage hit. You'll have to check it yourself - easy to do with that long of commute. As far as price that is a bit high - I bought an 06 w/ NAV 6MT still in warranty for $18,600 (w/ 20K mi) last fall - that was private party. I'd aim for $20K for that car.
    It all depends on the market in the area. Without incentives getting a TSX below invoice is tough - you are into the dealers holdback. Look up the prices at http://www.truecar.com/index.html
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    EXACTLY & Right on. give MSRP and what the cost was before tax & license, tax and license varies everywhere, heck Oregon doesnt even have sales tax! Here in Colorado it is where you live not where you buy.
    OTD price does not help as much as discount from MSRP.
    Thanks
    Hoping to buy a TSX soon,once we settle on a color!
  • mike651mike651 Member Posts: 24
    The only tsx that absolutely requires premium gasoline is the 2010 V6 tsx. It is prefered that with the 4 cylinder models that you use 91 octane or higher. Here's the thing, with 91 octane you'll get more miles to the gallon as opposed to 87 octane. I've seen it myself when comparing my millage so you might as well do 91 or above. And if your worried about regular gasoline harming the car then it's better to go for 91 or higher and you'll get more miles to the gallon in the process.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    Sportwagon is supposed to be available this fall. At least one internet site indicates that it will have the same specs as the sedan, i.e. it will be possible to get wagon with 6MT. Anyone have any info on this?
  • ricardomricardom Member Posts: 3
    ZIP 06443
    I'd love to hear from interested dealers.
    Trading 2006 TSX gorgeous condition.
  • oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2010
    For the people that have purchased new TSXs.

Did your car come with wheel locks?

I got a 2010 Base, but I didn't get wheel locks. When I got home I noticed that one lug nut on each wheel was marked blue?

Thanks.
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    Sounds like your car had them and they took them off. I think most dealers put them on to prevent theft while car is on lot. Doesn't cost dealer much, most throw them in deal.
  • sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    I need to know if this is a good deal. I reside in NYC.

$29071 included destination
    $2543.71 0.875 tax
    $249 doc fees
    $264 MV fees plate/reg
    $2205 + tax 8 years and 120k warranty 0 Deductible

total $32127.71 without warranty
    total $$34525.65 with warranty
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    Good selling price (I paid 32,112 + Tax for the exact same car in late August)

Doc fees in NY are capped at like $90
    DO NOT BUY THE 8 YEAR/120K WARRANTY - Underneath all the Acura Glitz this car is a HONDA at heart.

Good luck! You're going to love the car!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Do you think I should get GAP Insurance on it? How much does that usually cost? I am putting 8k out of pocket.
    is included by NY State law as part of every lease/finance agreement. You don't need extra GAP insurance. BTW - A TSX TECH holds its value especially well - you'll NEVER be upside down on this car especially considering you're putting 8K down? Why so much?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I thought GAP was only required for a lease in NY? I am putting 8k down so I can afford the payments comfortably. I know this car holds it value, one of the selling points for me. I am really excited to get it. Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,756
    If you are financing with $8K down, you will likely never be upside-down... There is nothing for GAP insurance to cover..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Better deal is on the table now. A competitor is willing to do 28,900 including destination with Tax I'll be at 32,037 instead of 32127 (taxes included in price). Doesn't seem like much of difference but he is willing to throw in All Weather Floor Mats (140) and 2 Free Oil Changes (100). Total savings is $330, almost a payment lol
    New incentives are out $1000 for TSX With Tech $750 TSX Base $1500 for V-6 With tech $1200 V-6 Base.
  • salad_82salad_82 Member Posts: 3
    I had a quote from Chicago Dealer for 26,800$ (excl Tax) in month of Feb for TSX Black Non-Tech, does it mean the new incentives should reduce my price by 750$ ?
  • mike651mike651 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2010
    Here's the rule of thumb: if you finance your car and put 20% or more down, then don't purchase GAP. If you put less than 20% down, then GAP may be a good thing to purchase. I put 10% down so I decided to go with GAP. Your down payment of 8k definately means that you won't ever be upside down on the loan. In your situation, you don't need GAP.
    Thanks mike651! I just didn't want to make the wrong choice because after I walk out of the dealer I can't purchase it since I live in NY. I did ask the dealer how much GAP was and they quoted me at around $500 for GAP. Glad I don't have to worry about it because that's a lot of money in my opinion.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    that even if you do need gap insurance, you certainly don't need to buy it through the dealership. It's much cheaper through the insurance agent that sells the rest of your car insurance.

I was a bit taken aback by the "after I walk out of the dealer I can't purchase it" remark. Why, pray tell, can't you go to Acme Insurance and buy a gap insurance policy anytime you feel like it?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Non Tech Incentives to dealer in Feb were $500 this month $750 so it would be $250
    It's the law in NY State. I found out the hard way when I bought a certified used 2005 Audi TT Roadster. I am originally from NJ and you can buy GAP after the deal is done but according to NY State Law you have to buy it at time of purchase. I now do not have GAP on my Audi and only put 2k down. I am upside down on the car and worry every time I drive it because I thought I could get it after the fact. Oh well, what can I do now?
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    does this price include dealer handling charge, D&H, or whatever the add on dealer charge is in NY? Seems like anything priced here (Colorado) has the dealer handling tacked on afterwards of $395 to $595 on top of price quoted, which is bull.
  • joey32joey32 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I went ahead and got it cancelled. I plan to install the clear bra from 3M for external protection though but not from the dealer.
  • joey32joey32 Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased the 2010 TSX Base Automatic for 26,660 before TTL from Sunnyvale Acura, California. Got a quote online and called them to confirm. Went in and made the purchase no hassles. They did not include any accessories like wheel locks or mats. At the price, I wasn't going to worry about that. Also got 3 yrs 0% APR for 18K. Thanks to everyone on this forum for posting their details. It helped a lot.
  • smithmadsmithmad Member Posts: 19
    I am looking to go in and purchase a 2010 TSX v6 and wondering if there are any dealer incentives or rebates besides the financing special this month. If you know of any please let me know. I didnt see any when I did my search but I wanted to make sure I didnt overlook it.
    Here is the breakdown of the deal I made with Springfield Acura in NJ. 2010 TSX w/ Tech, $28,900 (price includes destination $810.00), tax is $2565.76 (8.875% in NY), registration, title, etc. $264.00, doc fee $298.00, 1st oil change $9.95, total cost 32,037.71 OTD. No other charges apply.

This deal includes all weather mats and 2 oil changes.
    Cash to dealer for V6 in March is 1200.00 for non tech and 1500 for TSX V6 with tech
  • bell8bell8 Member Posts: 2
    Owner of 2010 Acura TSX

They are saying that Acura is Advance? And it is, but only on the paper. For those who did not buy it yet, here is the real thing from the owner.

This car is the worst car that ever had. Here is few things that really wrong with it and I have to live with it for 2 more years.

1. GPS.
    1a. GPS doesn't have the information about speed limit for any roads or highways, so it cannot give you the fastest and easiest way (like TomTom or Garmin)
    1b. GPS doesn’t have the “Bird View” that all other GPS has it.
    1c. “Places Search” is the worst. It’s not friendly at all. (and I am very good with all technologies) Here is one stupid example, when for example you search for “Wendy’s” it gives you Wendy’s that 2000 miles away. You really have to find your way how to start search that can search by the distance. And when want to make a “way point” there is no way at all to do that.

2. Microphone.
    2a. This is my 3rd car with Bluetooth, and this is the worst Microphone ever. People hear you very bad; it’s like you on a very bad speakerphone.
    2b. There is a 3-4 seconds delay between when you answer the phone and people starting to hear you. So you end up screaming HELLO for the 5th time before people can hear you.
    You want to confirm that? Here is the forum with people campaigns http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695900&highlight=phone

3. Climate Control (this the worst)
    3a. This is a real nightmare. Manual options simply don’t work. You CANNOT control climate control manually. The air is ALWAYS blowing from side front vents. If you put it “Floor Only” it will still blows from Front side vent. I took it to a dealer and they said that this the way the design it.
    3b. The fan speed changes automatically even if you set manually. If, for example, you set the fan speed on manual 3, time to time it will start blow harder like 4 or lower like 2. Again dealer said it’s NORMAL.
    3c. When it’s cold outside the climate control blows Hot air to the bottom and Cold air to the front vents (and remember there is no way to close front vents even on manual “floor only” mode and if you close it physically on the dash that this cold air will start blowing from every small dent on the dash, and it’s even worst). So you upper body is cold and you feet are sweating, and if you raise the temperature, it’ll just blows harder. This is a biggest problem, I took my car to a dealer 4 times, but what they do, they connect the car to a computer and if sensors in the car sends OK! to a computer, they that its OK!
    You want to confirm that? Look at the Votes on this forum:
    http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758603
    3d. Now the front vents are not that simple also, they have their mind as well, so they blowing air, ready?,, at DIFFERENT temperature
    You want to confirm that? Look at the YouTube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmNMafRh2Y

If you live in the place where you have cold winter (40F and below), you will regret the day you bought this car.

4. Brakes
    Brakes are very squeaky, just like public city bus.

5. Gas Tank
    When you have more then half of tank of gas you will hear the gas splashing very loud.

I don’t understand why people aren’t talking about it enough to stop other people of buying that peace of crap.
  • ricardomricardom Member Posts: 3
    Your price with Tech sounds about right and is a far cry from what I encountered. Acura of Milford CT stated the MSRP of a 2010 w/o Tech to be 39,465 and offered a totally inflexible bottom line price of 26,684 net cash due after trade in of my cream puff 2006 TSX! Obviously, no deal! Many thanks for the perspective.
  • nasileynnasileyn Member Posts: 2
    Is 29,300 (inc. destination) +TTL and tax... a good deal? Buying tonight! please let me know.
  • smithmadsmithmad Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    That seems like a good deal to me. I was offered the TSX base (w/out tech) at $27,300 + TTL. I have heard Tech is about $2K more so it is right in the price range. Also check out http://www.truecar.com/index.html I found this a useful site also.
  • nasileynnasileyn Member Posts: 2
    thanks. I think its a good deal too.. another dealer wouldnt match that and said 29,600 was his lowest. Does the dealer buy the weather floor mats from the parts dept. at a lower cost or do they eat the price when then throw those in?
  • jimmydacurajimmydacura Member Posts: 4
    im an acura dealer in ny and i can tell you right now if your financing the car im sure your taking the low apr from ahfc and all honda loans include gap free of charge in ny
    You should check out the "stories from the sales frontline" thread. There is a poster looking to buy a TL SH AWD. It'd be interesting to hear your input on his deal. Good to have an Acura dealer on board.

• mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Ditch Acura of Milford. I can't believe they can actually stay in business. Extend your search out to NY area dealers using Stamford, CT zip for example of 06902. I've had Acura dealers right across the CT boarder easily beat Acura of Milford and you avoid the doc fee of $299-$530
    I'd avoid Curry Acura like the plague. I got a great quote from Acura of Westchester & Devan Acura's salesman was second to none.

• looking4tsxlooking4tsx Member Posts: 7
    I bought mine in NOVA for 27,500 (non tek) including destination, floor mats, all weather mats, splash guards and wheel locks, excluding tags/tax and fees. I have 1,000 miles on it already (bought in 5 weeks ago) and I still everything about it. Good luck!!
  • stevecarnutstevecarnut Member Posts: 10
    I am in the Pittsburgh Pa area. What would be the least amount to pay for a 2010 TSX base ? And the best finance rate ? Is the resale better with the TSX over a 328xi BMW ? Buy the way I found a couple BMW 328xi's that msrp for $40,500.00 for a barn burning price of $35,000.00 with great financing . Thanks
  • lynn52lynn52 Member Posts: 1
    Joey, can you tell me if the $26,600 included the $810 destination fee? Or, did you have to pay for that separately. Also, how did you get the quote online? Di you just email their Internet Sales office? Thanks for your help. What does TTL run in California, any idea?
  • jroc2jroc2 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought 2010 TSX Base in the NW Chicago burbs for $27,300 including ($810) destination plus TTL and got them to pitch in all weather mats. Was this a decent deal? I dealt with 3 area dealers online and this was the best I could do.
    Considering that's below invoice, it's a good deal.
  • laidbackcatlaidbackcat Member Posts: 2
    I've got a quote for $28,000 from dealer for '09withTech, I4, all-weather mats with 9,200 mi. I'll pay taxes, reg etc. back in my home state. the vehicle was titled by the dealership in 7/09. They will certify it for an additional $795. Is the 28,000 a good price and is it worth having it certified? Thanks