Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vikingsin2010vikingsin2010 Member Posts: 11
    This is an excellent price. By my calculation over $700 below invoice. I'm also located in NW Chicago and shopping for this model. Could you pass along the name of the dealership?
  • laidbackcatlaidbackcat Member Posts: 2
    This dealer is in Atlanta (Acura Carland)
  • jroc2jroc2 Member Posts: 3
    This was at Muller Acura in Hoffman Estates (off Golf Rd). This was actually their internet price $26,490 (+810), so you may be able to get them to go a little lower. They seemed pretty firm at that price though. I also shopped Continental Acura in Naperville & Arlington Acura in Palatine I managed to get them to match the price but wouldn't beat it....
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    That car is a year old now and will be two years old when 2011 are out. I got a quote of 29500 for a 2010 brand new 5 miles on it and with body side moldings and mud flaps. Plus the cash to dealer was 500 lower than now you can do better.
  • billc112billc112 Member Posts: 41
    I'm getting an offer of 30,412 before taxes, fees, etc (apparently 900 below invoice) in Southern California. How does this sound?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Where in Southern California? I'm starting to look in the San Diego area.
    Thanks
  • billc112billc112 Member Posts: 41
    Cerritos Acura
    Thanks
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    Finally ready to pull the trigger for the TSX,4 cylinder non tech, after comparing the car, it just seems to fit for us (sure wish the TSX had the keyless start technology though, heck the new Ford Fiesta is due to have it!!!) I see varied opiniouns on the style of the TSX, but I like it ,especially from the rear and the side, quality interior too.

Does anyone know if the dealer incentive of $1250-$1500 is still out there? Was advised (and now see it on Acura site) that 1.9% interest for 60 months is offered thru 7/6/10.
    Shooting for a price of $26,600 to $27,300 for the car, this is based what I see others have received, although that was Mar/Apr, best offer thus far $28,000 plus TTL, only have one local (metro Denver ) price and one 6 hrs away that is best price so far, but not where I think it should be.
    Am I in the ballpark? Do not have a trade in. Any help or sharing of your pricing is appreciated, Thanks!

When giving price I appreciate NET with no add ons such as dealer handling charge, other than the variable of TTL (tax, license, DOC, tite fee. Much more workable and real that way!
    Jroc,
    Was the $27,300 the cost with only add of Tax Title License fees?--Thanks
  • jroc2jroc2 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, $27,300 included cost and destination. TLL was extra.
    Thanks, appreciate your help & info. I am shooting for around same cost, not there yet, but one way or another will get there I am sure.
    Want to buy by 5/15 if possible so I can move on to Mtn hiking & camping trips instead of car buying!!!!

Found I was wrong on my memory of factory incentives the $1250-1500 was on a V6, the 4 cyl is $750-1000. That in mind, I show:
    TSX Base 30120 MSRP
    $28169.00 INVOICE
    Less750 Incentive
    This would put me at $27419.

I see others rec'd $26,660 to $27,300 the later with a few added things like weather mats.

What can one expect, reasonablly below invoice? I fully realize the 4cyl version is not scarce and this is why some decent discounting is going on.

Thanks alot, I am obsessed with getting this done and overwith!, but do not have to do this exact minute.............
  • long1puttlong1putt Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2010 4-speed TSX with Tech in Basque Red, Taupe Interior, Full rear spoiler and color-matched mud guards. The dealer sticker in NH is $33,120. The dealership has about a dozen of these cars. Not all in the red exterior but there is still inventory sitting on the lot. With the economy as it is, any thoughts on what I should actually pay for this car? Cash deal, no trade.
  • coucabacoucaba Member Posts: 1
    I've got a quote for 2010 TSX Base in DC area for 28,800 OTD. Is this a good price on black on black TSX? I talked with four dealers and this was the best offer.
  • tsx2010tsx2010 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a deal for the TSX (Non-Tech) for $26,369 (incl. dest fee). Have to travel 200 miles for it though. I am getting a deal nearby for $27,000.

What do you think? Thanks.
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    So for roughly $400 you are going to waste 6+ hours driving in a car + gas/Tolls/aggravation??? Really for $400????
  • tonytp2tonytp2 Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know the good price from a pre-owned certified Acura TSX with Tech 2010, 8,000 miles in Dallas TX. The listing price is $28,900.

Thank you
    Tony
  • acurax5acurax5 Member Posts: 2
    Internet quote of $28,764 (inc. destination) on 2010 TSX, Silver/Taupe interior with Tech. Lowest price of 5 local dealership quotes. No hassle, excellent buying experience.
    "Local" where in SoCal?
    Thanks
  • capaccionecapaccione Member Posts: 11
    All
    Bought a Base TSX - buy a costco membership and use the program - i saved 2K and it was painless - no negotiations - In and out in 1/2 hour
    If you don't mind, what was the price?
    Thanks
  • acurax5acurax5 Member Posts: 2
    Santa Monica Acura
    Thanks.
  • veerkumarveerkumar Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy 2010 TSX with tech package, wanted to know if the tech package is really worth 3000$ more?.

I was thinking to get a used 2010 tsx and add tech package on it ( to reduced the cost). is that possible?

I am very new to cars, hope i am not asking silly questions.
    I've test driven both. Quite a difference between them. Don't think a swap is possible. Why not look for a used 2009 tech?
    I am not taking about V6, just 4 cylinder engine.

did you drive v6 or normal engine?. I looked at 2009 tech, they are almost same price as 2010.

What exactly do we get in tech package, could you tell me?
  • capaccionecapaccione Member Posts: 11
    Kevin

car price was 26.4 - base tsx - ( no techpackage) with destination

then add the tax, registration

they tried to get me for 250 doc fee but I told then to take a hike.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,410
    What you get is a DVD based navigation system & a rear backup camera

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

That looks like a great price. Congratulations. Enjoy the car.
  • stanfordseabeestanfordseabee Member Posts: 1
    I'm returning from Afghanistan in about a month and plan on purchasing a 2010 TSX (not sure about the Tech). Any recommendations on a good dealer within 250 miles of the Gulfport/Biloxi, MS area?

Thanks.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    You get a few other things too but it is up to you whether that stuff is worth it. For just the nav portion it certainly is not worth it. You can get a much better portable system for less than $200.

I would wait till the '11s start arriving if you want a deal on a '10 car - other than private sales, you're likely to not find any deals on a used '1-0 on a dealer lot.
  • rockxprockxp Member Posts: 11
    I am located in NY area and was just given a quote for a 2010 TSX w/o Tech for 27,500. Is this a good deal or should I have gone lower.

At first he started me off at 30,000ish then drop to 28,000 but eventually got it to 27,500. I was swinging for 26,900 but of course he said no.
  • adversary123adversary123 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Do you guys think offering the dealers 29k OTD (Including TTL,everything) is a good offer? I want a black/ebony or grigio/ebony acura tsx WITHOUT Tech. i live in san francisco.

im planning on buying it in september/october of 2010. will i have a much better chance then since i hear teh 2011 models are coming around that time?
    Well, what do you think? Tax and license in California is about 10% of the sales price. That means your sales price would have to be about $26,400 for your numbers to work.
    According to TrueCar.com, invoice on a base TSX is about $28,500. Dealer cost is about $26,900.
    You can try it...see what kind or response you get, but if you're willing to wait your best prices will come after the 2011's hit the lots.
  • svcodemonkeysvcodemonkey Member Posts: 6
    I got an offer last year (i.e. 2009) with Tech package for $28,500 + TTX, etc.
    The offer was sent to me around July, 2009. If I were you, I will wait another month.
    Hope it helps.
  • amdi1229amdi1229 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a TSX (base) for $27K (incl dest.) in NJ. Was getting $26.4K at a dealer about 250 miles away but the NJ dealer was giving me $500 better on my trade in so it worked out to be the same. Great car. Love the feel.

One question for those that have TSX - I am having a very tough time having my kids put their seat belts on while on their booster seats in the rear (they are 6 and 8 yrs old). The belt slot doesn't come out much from the rear seats so its very difficult for them to buckle themselves so I have to help them. Even when I do it - its not that easy....anyone else have the same problem?

Otherwise car is awesome! Would appreciate any comments...thanks!
    hi amdi1229,

Congrats for ur new car, I cannot answer ur question, but have a question for you though.

Did you look at the tech package b4 buying ur cars?, was it worth 3000$ more? what all will u get in tech package?. I am planning to buy one, but i am totally new to cars and unable to decide on tech package. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    But last week I bought:

2007 Acura TSX, without navigation
    Nighthawk Black/Tan leather
    23,800 miles, Certified pre-owned by local Acura dealer here in Nashville, TN

$20,000 plus tax, title, and license, coming out to $21,842.16 after all said and done.

So far, after owning the car about a week and a half, loving it. I tried a '10 TSX 4-cylinder non-Tech and didn't like it as much as the old ones.
  • amdi1229amdi1229 Member Posts: 2
    yes I did look at the Tech and for a navigation (which honestly was ok - graphics weren't that great) and a rear view camera - not worth $3,000. With the base you get alot of good features - leather seats, sunroof, xenon lights, bluetooth, etc. I personally didn't feel that the additional price justified buying the tech....
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    I own a 2010 TSX w/Tech. I am a loyal Acura owner also owning a 2007 TLS. The Tech Package IS WORTH THE 3K! Don't skimp bro! Best Navi in the business, ELS Surround Sound Stereo System, Backup Camera...AWESOME! Realtime Traffic, Weather ... Love my TSX and TLS with Tech Package. Why buy an Acura? Might as well buy a Honda Accord! :P
  • mrmentionmrmention Member Posts: 1
    I've been car hunting for a long time and finally decided that I want the TSX. I also want to get the best deal possible as does everyone. How much money will I save by waiting till the 2011's come out? I also was hoping to see any changes made to them before buying a 2010, while still being able to have my choice of color. Is it worth the wait?
  • blueseat1blueseat1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Certified 2007 TSX with NAV in the San Francisco area. It has a carbon grey exterior, ebony interior and has 25K miles. I paid $21,600 plus TTL. I love the car - wondering if I got a good deal? (Dealer's sticker was $24,200 and the internet price was $22,800 on the car)
  • lgeorge03lgeorge03 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am purchasing a tsx tech package in NY for about 33 with tax and all fees. Now i also wanted to get the aero kit package and lip spoiler but my dealer is asking for approximately 2600. I went home and went on bernardi acura parts and found out that the aero kit and spoiler only totals to 1800 painted to match the color of the car. Do you think i can get the the dealer to cut the 2600 down more, or do you think i should ask him to throw in the remote start and the side molding for free? keep in mind if i get everything done with the dealer i have 4 years of warranty on it, but if i get the additions done with the dealer after i take the car of the lot i only have a 1 year warranty on it.

Do you think I am paying too much for the car it self and even more by getting the aero kit?

Thank you
  • thientienthientien Member Posts: 8
    I live in Seattle, WA and local Acura dealer quoted me this for $596/month for 60 months $0 down with 1.9% APR. The price for the car is $30762 before tax. Is it reasonable?

Thanks
  • burtreynoldsburtreynolds Member Posts: 3
    I've been quoted $28,927 before tax for a Tech in the DC area. Its across the country, but if a dealer here can do it, I don't see why someone in Seattle can't.
  • thientienthientien Member Posts: 8
    Does it including Destination Fee? I emailed my local dealers to see if they willing lower the price. Thats almost 2k difference, insane.
  • drochdroch Member Posts: 1
    What dealership gave you that price? I am up in Delaware but would go down there for that price?
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    but if a dealer here can do it, I don't see why someone in Seattle can't.

.... for the same reason why Florida dealers get away with $600 doc fees - because they can. :shades:
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    They stink here in Florida...outright thieves! But in life, what goes around, comes around! Thank g-d, I won't need to replace my rig for awhile. Here's hoping the wifey's rig settles down now...just hate buying cars!!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)