Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• humminghumming Member Posts: 3
    Hi, nb1979, which dealership did you get this price? I was quoted much higher. Thanks!
  • nb1979nb1979 Member Posts: 4
    @ humming
    Acura of Serramonte in CA
  • cenzo21cenzo21 Member Posts: 1
    I just got this deal today from a dealership in NJ:
    12K miles annual - ( 10 bucks a month cheaper for 10K)

269.70 X 29 Months with 1269 total out of pocket - the out of pocket price included my first month payment. This looks like a sweet deal? Not sure if anyone else found something better? ( I had been watching a few cars the last few months - and this seems like the best deal so far)
  • daedalus83daedalus83 Member Posts: 1
    For potential buyers out there, here is the price I paid. I just bought my 4 cyl. auto w/ tech on Monday at $30,000 OTD where sales tax is 6%. Also 0.9% 5 year finance as well. Before taxes, mine comes out to be $28282.
  • scribble456scribble456 Member Posts: 3
    Just signed for a 2010 tsx (base/auto) for $25,300 + $399 doc fee + ttl for total OTD of 27,405. Got the dealer to throw in all-weather mats and 2 year maintenance at no cost.

I think I got a good deal.
  • humminghumming Member Posts: 3
    Hi, they don't offer this price anymore. You are very lucky!
  • fumesfumes Member Posts: 11
    Our dealer just got one but not really moving on the price. Curious if anyone else has gotten any quotes yet.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    I am also wondering about prices. However, the Sport Wagon is new and the number of available vehicles is small, so I suspect it is too early for any significant discounting.

Just in case you are not aware of this website (very good for learning actual prices paid):
    http://www.truecar.com/
  • ransomoldsransomolds Member Posts: 7
    I've been quoted $27,300+ttl for a base 4. They will also take over my current 2008 lease with three payments remaining. My sense is they will make out because the going price for used 08's is at least $3,000 or so over the residual. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.
  • florencevaflorenceva Member Posts: 17
    I just bought a 2010 TSX with Technology Package today at Radley Acura for $27350 + tax,tag and doc fee. They even throw in free oil change for 4 years, free inspection and 25% off schedule maintenance for life.

btw my sale person was Anh
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Member Posts: 15
    I was just sent this which seems low to me for the 2011??

"2011 V6 Tech I can sell for 32,992.15 plus tax, tags, $99 processing fee and freight
    2011 4CL Tech I can sell for $27,992 plus tax, tags. $99 processing fee and freight"
  • RecluxReclux Member Posts: 1
    Was this sent via email? What part of the country are you located in ?
  • texastsxtexastsx Member Posts: 9
    you need to ask what the walkout price for these cars are...they always word it like that. even when they say $XX,XXX + tax, tags, $99 fees...i guarantee there's something else in there too. Also, these prices don't include $875 freight. Those prices are about $400 over invoice including the freight then they're asking for another $99 of profit. Acura dealers will sell at invoice regularly....but then again, 2011 is supposed to be the best year for auto manufacturers in a long time so maybe the dealers aren't so willing to sell as low as they went in 2010 bc there will be less holdback incentives.
  • nb1979nb1979 Member Posts: 4
    bummer! :(
  • aironairon Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for 2010 TSX tech for $27,601. This cost is plus tax and tags for the registration jurisdiction, destination, and a $100 processing fee. Is this a good deal? or can I negotiate more? I actually asked them for a walkout price.Also this is the Washington DC area
  • mowacamowaca Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2011
    My local dealership moved a certified 2010 TSX-Auto/Tech with 13k to their 'Pre-Auction' lot & right now its priced at $25,886. They also have a certified 2010 TSX Auto with 9k for $25,699, both in the color combination I like (Vortex Blue exterior/ebony interior). I wondered if someone could tell me the expected auction prices for these cars? I don't care about navigation, I want to buy at around $22k and I don't want to bother negotiating if this isn't reasonable.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Considering some people are getting brand new '10 models for those prices you'd want to get at least 3+K off to make deal worth while. Unfortunately the only way to get a good deal on a newer used car is to cut out the middle man. :shades:
  • njainnjain Member Posts: 3
    What is good dealer to buy new 2011 base TSX V4 in Bay Area, CA.

I am getting quotes of base price of 27453 with total out of door of 30700 from a local dealer.

On these forums, I read people getting quotes for below 27000.

Thanks
  • marcrowmarcrow Member Posts: 2
    $27,400 is about dealer cost according to Truecar.com and a very good price for a 2011. There is a $500 dealer incentive until Feb 28 plus 0.9% financing.
    The 30,700 sounds a little high so need to find out what else dealer is including in that number. The doc fee from my dealer is $259 plus taxes. It may be CA taxes!
    Finally came down to $29870 out of door with the base price of $26860 + Tax + Fees and docs from Acura of Stevens Creek.

Thanks
  • marcrowmarcrow Member Posts: 2
    You got a good deal. I also got mats and splash guards for an additional $214 as parts so I'm not paying for installation.
  • 8plates8plates Member Posts: 1
    This was helpful, thanks for posting. We're currently negotiating with Acura of Stevens Creek and he's quoting us a little bit more. Would you mind telling me if this included the maintainence plan as well? Or did they exclude that in your final package? Thanks again!
    Send me your email and we can talk.
  • ahashmi1988ahashmi1988 Member Posts: 7
    Which dealership? And is this for 2010 or 2011?
  • woocwooc Member Posts: 1
    Hi, all.

I am about to buy 2011 TSX sport wagon (base model). I want to know if this quote is reasonable.

OTD price: $31,500 (tax, 6.25%) with 0.9% financing for 60 months.

It looks like there is not much room for going aggressively. Thanks.
  • wsxcde8wsxcde8 Member Posts: 1
    The quote I got from Steven Creek Acura was $500 higher but it included 4-year free maintenance. Would someone share the price for I4 Auto Base and Tech in the Bay Area?
  • fjy787fjy787 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2010 TSX 4cyl base in July 2010 from Oakland Acura for $26500 with 2 year 0.9% financing. Tax, Title, and registration with accessory mudguard just under $30K. I thought was a fair deal. No haggling. They contacted me after I submitted request for a price quote online. When they told me the price, I went and drove it out in 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon.
  • photaiphotai Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my 2011 TSX 4cyl base for $26600 with 5 year 0.9% financing. OTD came to just under 29.3K.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Did you buy at Pompano Acura? Just curious, as I've found Rick Case to be a bit on the high side.
    The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• photaiphotai Member Posts: 2
    It was @ Rick Case. I didn't check with any other dealers as from all my research I found this to be a good price @ this time.
  • jch8jch8 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I just got an offer of 2011 TSX V4 with tech package for $33,500 drive out. Personally thinking, it is kind of high. Is there anyone getting a better offer?
  • gestirgestir Member Posts: 1
    what dealer was this? I got 33,200. I tried the carwoo service and got a quote for 30,570 plus tax and tag. This seems like the price the dealers are willing to go. I have been working on them for weeks.
  • jch8jch8 Member Posts: 2
    Thomas Acura, got an counteroffer for 32,500. I am also looking at Lexus IS and may buy it instead.
  • irvinecairvineca Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Price: Less than $27,000 + tax + license = $29,4xx Out of door
    Place: Southern California
    Time: end of month (the last days of Jan)

I’m posting this price to pay back what I took from here. Before I went to the dealer I searched this forum and found someone paid $28000 in North Carolina. It’s the starting point for me to negotiate with the dealers. I requested quotes online at edmunds.com from a few local dealers. I’m grateful for the information I received from this forum and this site. That's why I'm posting here.

There are three dealers willing to sell it to me at this price. I went to the first dealer. I didn't entire negotiation on the phone with dealers.

I received nice service at the dealer too.

I didn’t have pleasant experience at Hyundai and Honda dealers. Acura is different. I guess money played an essential role here. Acura dealer certain gets more from the customer.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I’m posting this price to pay back what I took from here

If you really want to "pay back" why not post the dealer name so someone else doesn't have to guess which one of the many Acura dealers in S. Cal you got the deal from.
  • wbarmorewbarmore Member Posts: 10
    I know that the TSX factory was affected by the earthquake and tsunami. I think at least one Honda employee lost his life. I would hate to think dealerships would use this tragedy as a marketing tool, but all I'm getting is "MSRP because of the tsumani." Is this legit do you think?
  • soupcxansoupcxan Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Looking for a 2011 TSX I4 auto base in the DFW area (4 acura dealers), I have one quote so far right at the truecar "great price" threshold of $27,500, then a few other quotes slightly above it. Is this as low as I can get it or should I push harder? Are there any incentives out there for March or upcoming for April?
    What did you expect? No, it's not legit right at this moment but since the TSX is built in Japan and their plants are shut down for over a month or longer there will be a supply problem soon. I don't the exact number but say the dealers had a supply of 45 days of normal TSX sales. Well, if the plant is closed for 45 days and then you have to ship them across the ocean and then across the country you can see what will happen.

They are just taking advantage of supply and demand which is what they do. As consumers, we would do the same thing if they had a big oversupply. We would lowball our offers because of supply and demand. I know it hurts when it works both ways but that's life. The best answer to them is "Ok, I'll just wait until your supply is back to normal or I'll go to another brand that isn't affected". They may change their story.
    If I knew what to expect I wouldn't have posted, but thanks anyway for the very condescending lecture on supply and demand. This kind of post is not in the spirit of the Edmunds forums.

If you had been reading news reports from Japan, you would know some are saying Honda was going to have [some] plants up and running on March 24. Some are also saying US dealerships "have nothing to worry about, that there will be no supply problem."

I have no problem with local dealers selling for the best prices they can get if there will be no inventory coming in for several months. Trying to bargain would be pointless. However, my hope was that some on here would have some helpful information about realistic projections on when dealers could expect new supplies. Of course no car dealership would ever think of using anything they can to get the best price. (sarcasm intended)

My bottom line question was would it be any better to wait until April, or go ahead and bite the bullet buying now at the best price I can get. Another question I didn't ask was whether my trade-in TSX '08 should get a better price now.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    In the end, what you pay for the car doesn't matter. You're going to be happy with it. I bought my wife's 2010 TSX Tech on the last day of Cash 4 Clunkers back in August 2009.

Now those of you who follow the TSX know that while it is a fantastic car, for some reason sells for invoice or very close to invoice (maybe $500 above in a small market with no competition).

When I bought our TSX, the 2010s had only been out for 2 weeks, there were no 2009 leftovers (I had to have a TSX TECH w/ Black Interior), & it was the only Acura that qualified for the Cash 4 Clunkers rebate. Only a handful of Acura dealers were even participating in the program.

I've been an edmunds TH poster for a number of years (before 2001). I consider myself both an auto enthusiast & educated consumer. The selling price for our 2010 TSX was just $1000 under MSRP.

I have to tell you that 1 year, 7 months, & 32,000 miles later that I couldn't be happier with the car. In the end that's what matters.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    edited March 2011
    Your post was not condescending in the least...you just pointed out some simple facts of life & the poster didn't like what he heard. But yes, it's a two way street with supply & demand...period! Your advice on waiting till things get back to normal was sound advice actually. His question about his '08 TSX made me feel like he wanted to make a "killing" on his trade but I could be wrong. But, "could he get a better price" just doesn't sound right either!

Folks, Japan had a "natural disaster" so lets not think only about the "$" here...people have been killed and others have had their lives permanently changed...let's keep this in mind instead of "wanting to get the best deal"...o k? Time to act like caring human beings here!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Tried to help with some common sense. Failed. Sorry.
  • irvinecairvineca Member Posts: 2
    Typo, I did the negotiation on the phone. I didn't do the test drive and didn't even look at the car in person.

There are not many Acura dealers in Orange county and I feel most of these dealers who would offer that price. That's the reason I didn't post them. I'm more than happy to give the names of dealers by email.
    edited March 2011
    Well, so much for common sense. I just drove in from San Antonio after leasing an Acura for another three years. I was given the option of leasing a 2011 TSX with tech for well under $300 OTD after credit for returning my '08 lease. My current payments were $374 on an '08 without tech. Maybe I was paying too much.

Part of the reason I was given the above price was that I turned in my '08 TSX lease to them which they valued at more than $1600 as a trade-in. The Austin dealer said they couldn't possibly do better than $456 on a 2010 and that my lease return had absolutely no value because of the "unknowns of the situation in Japan." Tell me that's not profiteering.

Cost of living is higher in San Antonio than Austin, but does that justify a premium of over 5K over the three-year lease period for a 2010 as opposed to what I was quoted for a 2011? I think not. The San Antonio salesman said that they were having to look at the realities of what the Japanese disaster was going to mean for them, but he just shook his head when I told him about the previous quote.

I ended up leaving with a TL with tech for under $350 OTD after trade-in allowance for a car with an MSRP pushing 39K. I love my TSX and really wanted another one, but I couldn't pass up that deal on a lease. There's a lot to read about opinions on the 2011 TL, but for $347 with nothing down, I was willing to give it a try.

The above is the kind of help I'm looking for on the Edmunds forums--not a sophomoric lesson in economics. There's so much to learn on Edmunds about what dealers know that we don't. I'm thankful for that. One of the things I learned is that some dealers will use a human tragedy to unreasonably, IMO, increase their profit margin. I hope this post was helpful to some. For those it wasn't--Whatever. BTW, the San Antonio dealer was Nathan Gunn Acura.
    Wasn't trying to make a "killing," at all. I just was asking for help on how to get a fair deal. Read my above posts. I think both the salesman and I were very happy with where we ended up. If there's a way to post a private message, let me know, or actually, I think he would be happy to have it posted here. I'd be happy to give you his contact info and you can ask him yourself. I think both of us were happy with the process and neither felt like the other was being taken advantage of. I'd like to think this is not out of the ordinary in the business of car leasing and purchasing.
    That's actually part of being a member here on TH. This way someone in your area can try and get the same deal you did. It is part of the research process & the power of edmunds. You CAN post the dealership name, but CANNOT post the name of the salesperson you dealt with.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Nice deal. You'll be happy with the TL. Did you get it with the TECH pkg? That's a fantastic price on a car with MSRP in the upper $30K range.

That's also the nice thing about leasing. Sometimes the deal on a more expensive car is just too good to pass up, especially for 3 years. As long as you stay within the mileage parameters, then leasing is smart.

Good luck.

--not a sophomoric lesson in economics

Evidenced by your sophomoric question "is this legit", I admit I gave a fairly sophomoric answer. It's blatantly obvious that Acura dealers immediatley asking full MSRP because of the disaster is ridiculous. Based on that, I thought I was giving a helpful answer. It wasn't what you were looking for and I said I was sorry. You don't have to beat it into the ground unless you wish to carry a chip on your shoulder.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,762
    Let's just move on...

New members have to get used to us, and regular members have to remember that not everyone has been here, forever..

People come to Edmunds because we are known for being friendly!

So, congrats on the new TSX! And, nyccarguy? Being happy with your deal, does not make it a good one... lol.. ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Way back in 2007, my wife and I were looking to lease a car for us, our son, & all the stuff that babies come with. Her 2000 Mazda Protege & my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH just wouldn't cut the mustard. Obviously since she was going to be doing most of the baby driving, we'd ditch her ride.

We were looking for something with a big back seat to accomodate a rear facing car seat (without the front passenger's knees on the dash), a large trunk or cargo area (For the stroller, diaper bag, pack n' play...), automatic, FWD or 4/AWD, & a cheap payment.

leasing appealed to us because in 3 years, when the lease was up, we might need a bigger vehicle if our family expanded (which it did, 2 1/2 years later).

The car we had out hearts set on was a VW Passat Wagon. I sent an email out to a few dealers in my area & 1 had the exact car & color combo we were looking for. The sales woman even sent via email all the lease parameters I requested & not just an autoreply. She said to please stop by or call her to fill out a credit app just so we could "lock in" the June lease rates because VW's "program" for the month pushed leasing.

I didn't get the email until after they closed on Saturday. So Monday when we go and test drive the car, our saleswoman sits us down and says the new numbers just came across her desk & we're not going to like them. The price she quoted me over email was I think $312/month for 36 months with $0 Cap Cost Reduction & Taxes included. The new payment (because they were pushing cheap financing over leasing during the current month) was now somewhere around $440 per month which I didn't think was a "good deal" for a $28K Passat Wagon.