Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    We ended up leasing a 2007 BMW X3 with Metallic Paint, Heated Front Seats, & rear privacy glass for $471.67/ month for 3 years & 15K miles per year. We LOVED every second of that truck & I regret NOT buying it out at the end of the lease.

What does this have to do with the Acura TSX you ask? We ended up driving the X3 SO MUCH that when cash 4 clunkers rolled around, it was well worth it to take advantage of the $3500 rebate I got (from my 1990 BMW 325i that barely ran) + I'd have rather spent money on a new car rather than pay BMWFS the whatever overmileage charges I would accure. So I bought the TSX.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

very funny my friend!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• wbarmorewbarmore Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, nycdarguy. I did get the tech package. Once I had popped in a couple of my favorites cds, I had the nicest 90 mile trip home that it's possible to have on I35.

And you're right about the lease. My intention originally was to go with a TSX tech either as a buy or a lease. All TSXes in exterior colors I was interested in had ebony interiors, and not having a garage I didn't want the sun beating down on a car with a dark interior. There was a TL with a color combination I liked. I would never have bought a gas thirsty V6 with the accompanying MSRP, but with the lease deal, I will be a happy driver for three years. My monthly lease payments are less than those on my previous TSX base lease.

The lease deals on the TSX were also good. I believe the base model would have been $277 OTD with nothing down except the car I drove in. The tech package was only $10 more per month--$360 over the term of the lease. That surprised both me and the salesman.

The dealership was obviously ready to move some cars last night honoring prices given a week ago, no haggling at all.
  • veggie4lifeveggie4life Member Posts: 1
    I visited an Acura dealership last month and had a good experience with the sales man. I decided the Acura was expensive, so I went to Honda, Toyota, VW, and Ford. I really liked the Ford Fusion and TSX. I was at Ford after I test drove a Fusion looking at the financing numbers. I received an email from the sales man at Acura offering me a good deal. He said it is the end of the month and it was their last 2010 new TSX. He could give it to me for $26,000 - he gave it to me for $28,500 Out the door. He was really friendly. He stayed 2 hours past closing explaining to me all of the car's features and answering so many questions. What a nice experience; I love my new car & the sales man was fantastic. I am in Fort Lauderdale by the way. I am sharing my experience because I have really appreciated the forums and hopefully someone will find this useful.
    awesome! Enjoy your TSX!

• eyesoftexaseyesoftexas Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Houston and wondering if anyone is getting a better deal than I am anywhere else in TX.

The salesman quoted me at $28,900 (before 6.25% tax, title, etc fees). No extra maintenance package offered. I thought this was a great deal until I looked on here and saw what some people were getting (in the realm of 27K).

Any better offers out there?
  • texastsxtexastsx Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    I bought my car in DFW and I would suggest you do the same. I called every dealer in Texas because I was willing to drive a little to save a few hundred. All of the Houston dealers said they would not beat the Dallas prices. Every single one would not even entertain the idea of matching a price from Dallas (which is ridiculous, when you're dealing, you're competing against everyone else in the state).

I know one dealership in Dallas will match anything and beat it by at least $100 but just make sure you have out the door prices in writing before you make the trek (they will try to evade this request but just keep asking). I was living in Houston at the time and came all the way to Dallas to buy this car just to be given the run around at one of the dealerships. I went to another DFW dealer the next morning and they beat the heck out of the price in Houston right then and there.

Also, just for reference, I bought my 2010 TSX for $27,500 out the door. It was the end of 2010 and they had a rebate or two and a tsunami/earthquake hadn't destroyed the acura plant, but the closest I got to that in Houston was around $28250 if my memory serves me correct.

I almost didn't respond to the post because of your username...but I'm not an aggie and therefore not ridiculous. wreck em.

Best of luck
  • newcar53newcar53 Member Posts: 1
    Just paid 26000 + tax + tags and all that jazz for a 2011 Acura TSX .. I thought this was an amazingg deal considering the 2010's I saw out there were similarly priced. It was end of the month thus more room to negotiate. I would def. recommend purchasing a car on the last day of the month.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    The Honda plant that makes the TSX was not destroyed - if a dealer is using that as an excuse to raise prices walk away.
  • vikingsin2010vikingsin2010 Member Posts: 11
    This is an outstanding deal... could you provide the name of the dealership and location?
  • zenfloaterzenfloater Member Posts: 22
    So I've been reading these forums for quite a while and am finally jumping into the TSX family.
    I think I decided at the wrong time to purchase a TSX because every dealer is giving me the same story. Supplies are low and they're not expecting anything until August.

Here is what I've been offered after much negotiation:

Base TSX at the Dealer invoice price of $28,795.00 plus tax, title, tag and a dealer fee of $599.

I have a 2007 Honda Accord I'm looking to trade in with 29,900 miles on it. The trade in value they are giving me is $13,800 and my owed on the car is $11,900 which leaves me with about $2K in equity on the car. This sounded like a good deal but after doing a quick search on KBB and Edmunds, this car can get up to $15K to $16K, is that even realistic? it is in Excellent condition, no accidents.

With the $2K in trade in difference, does this make the deal worth it? Do you think I can get more for the Accord elsewhere? Is it worth it to even go to a Carmax to get a valuation for the car or are the trade in values on KBB inflated a bit?

Overall .. does this sound like a good deal right now? There are no dealer incentives and really no discounts other than the fact that they seem to be giving me a good trade in value on the car.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
    The lack of supply will keep prices high. If you want a deal you won't get one for several months. Also, if you want a better deal on your Accord you'll have to go private party - Craigslist. An Accord like that will be popular there.
    So you are basically buying the car for invoice plus $599 + tax. The $599 dealer fee is pure profit.

If they are offering you more than you owe on your accord then consider yourself ahead of the game.

To get a realistic number as to what your Accord is worth, go to REAL WORLD TRADE IN VALUES thread here on Town Hall. Depending on what they say, you might be able to squeeze a couple hundred more out of the Acura dealer.

When I bought our 2010 TSX w/ TECH package, the best deal I was able to get was $1000 off MSRP. I bought my car on the last day of Cash 4 Clunkers (August 2009), the 2010s had only been out for about 2 weeks, and there were no 2009 leftovers that I liked. I've got a pretty keen eye on the market for Hondas & Acuras in my area & know that they pretty much sell for invoice. I couldn't believe I was going to pay only $1000 under sticker for a car that usually sells for invoice. 1 year & 9 months later it doesn't make a difference to me what I paid for the car. It is fantastic & I enjoy it.

• vikingsin2010vikingsin2010 Member Posts: 11
    Did they stop production of the TSX in Japan until further notice? I was just told this by a salesman at an Acura dealership in NW Chicago. Believe he is prepping me for a highball price quote.
    Exactly - if they are lying to you about that what else are they lying about? Production has slowed, not stopped - but it has had the same effect - lack of enough units and price increases. If you want a better price you'll need to wait till about August.
  • pengwinpengwin Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2011
    same here. i saw prices that people paid on this forum and it seemed like 26-27k was reasonable buy my dealer was invoicing at 28,644 TSX Base said "The supply of TSX units is very limited to the the natural disaster in Japan. Acura no longer offers the factory-to-dealer incentive money that was on the table earlier this year."

I'm gonna call BS and buy a VW CC.
  • kwma3kwma3 Member Posts: 11
    I have been quoted for $29,000 in the bay area. No way I am going to buy it for this price. They can keep it in the lot.
  • sunnyfl1sunnyfl1 Member Posts: 19
    Don't trade.

You can get at least 15K for your Honda on the outside.
  • zenfloaterzenfloater Member Posts: 22
    I actually think I got a good deal and pulled the trigger on this one.
    They ended up giving me $15K for my Accord which was fantastic as I went to a Honda dealer and they couldn't come close to that as a trade-in. With a pay-off on the lease of $11,900, I was ahead $3,100 on the trade-in alone. If I turned in my Accord lease, I would have to pay a disposal fee of $350 plus change the tires which would end up costing me quite a bit.

As far as the car is concerned, I got them down to $28,400 plus tax, tag and dealer fee of $599. They tinted the car, installed a backup camera (OEM rearview backup cam), 2 future details, 3 major services all included.

I think I did pretty good. If I waited until August I probably would not have got what I just got for the trade-in, even-though the price of the car itself would have been about $1K less. it all offsets I think.
  • uplandcauplandca Member Posts: 1
    Hi Irvineca,
    Can you please tell me what dealership in OC you purchased your TSX from.
    Thank you!
  • happysofarhappysofar Member Posts: 3
    Central NJ - Walked in with a 10 year old Jetta that needed about $1,000 of work. Got $3,000 on the trade.

Negotiated $31,650 (including $850 delivery) for a 2011 4 cylinder 5 speed automatic with Tech and 0.9% financing.

Did I do ok ?
  • dcbearsfandcbearsfan Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to thank the community for all the helpful information. After a few months of searching and searching and sifting through all the dealer BS, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a vehicle from a private party. In the end paid $22k for a 2009 w/ tech, black on black w/ tints. 16k miles. Thoughts? Am I winning or did I just get played? Thanks.
    As long as you are happy with the car (and you will be), you did not get played.

How did you find buying privately as opposed to from a dealer? Was the private party sale significantly cheaper than going through the dealer?

• dcbearsfandcbearsfan Member Posts: 2
    It was a little tenuous since there was a payoff involved and we had to wait for the title. With that said, the seller was a nice guy and easy to deal with. I think in the end I saved 10-15% by going private seller.
    Good for you. You are going to love the TSX. We have the same exact car (Black/Black w/ Tech), but it is a 2010 & we've already got over 35,000 miles on it.

• duccaroonieduccaroonie Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for this forum input guys... Great info.

with the Acura TSX, if they offer you the range of 26K - 27K for Acura TSX 5-speed automatic, it was still awesome compared to my ZIP (75202)

Kwma3, even 29,000 (before tax) was still better than the quote I got here (Dallas, TX Zip 75202). Most dealers here have the internet price of $29,610 for the TSX 5-speed automatic (no Nav). One dealer offered me $29,295 which is about $400 less than most around and I've been hesitating. The Drive-Out cost, after all, with this deal would be $31,416
    (tax here is 6.25% and they offer .9% interest rate as well)

So I guess, the quote $29,295 (before tax) was NOT a good deal for me at all?
    Thanks for this post. I might as well just hold on, and wait for a while....
    Thanks again.
  • acura203acura203 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone. Looking for a little input on a possible purchase this week.

Considering a brand new 2010 TSX V6. I have 2 options, both in New York:

1) 2010 TSX V6 w/tech, Blk/Blk for $31,500 includes all season mats, wheel locks, again, brand new, not a loaner, etc. Also includes destination. (tax, title, extra)

2) 2010 TSX V6, non tech, Blk/Blk for $27,500 includes all season mats, wheel locks, brand new, not a loaner. Also includes destination. (tax title extra)

Questions... Is the Tech package really worth $4k additional?!! Seems kind of crazy.
    Does Acura still offer .09% financing on the 2010 TSX v6 for top tier credit?
    If I decide to lease, 12,000 miles per year, 36 months. What should I expect to pay based on $3,000 down payment?

Current V6 owners, do you love the car? I am a previous 2003 TL Type S owner.

Seems like a great time to pick up a left over 2010. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Acura203
    That's definitely a smokin deal on a 2010 TSX V6. Cheaper than what I paid for my 4cyl TSX at the end of August 2009. Anytime you can buy a car like this for over $7000 off MSRP you should jump on it.

Go for the TECH package. You get NAV, backup camera, upgraded stereo, voice activated everything... You'll be happy with it.

There probably isn't much lease support on this 2010 TSX, but DO NOT put $3000 down (capitalized cost reduction). If your car gets stolen or totaled, you don't get that money back.

Where in NY is the car?

Good luck & keep us informed.

• sg208sg208 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2011
    Hi guys, newbie to the forum and i need your fine folks opinion. We've been looking around for our first entry level car and have been trying here and there for the right one. I just came across a brand new 2010 2.4L w/tech for $32,270 at our one and only acura dealership. How much lower can i bargain for? They have 2011 models with no tech option. I'll be happy with previous year model if its brand spankin new and if the price is right. I was shooting for 27k.

I live in Meridian, Idaho with 83646. I'm currently holding a spot on a 2007 BMW 328xi with 44k miles with warranty still exist until september 2011. The car is in Utah and its pretty affordable. I'll be happy do dump it and go with the TSX instead.

Shall I go for 27k? The worse is no, right?
    You have to be realistic - why would the only dealer in town (and for a long way in any direction) give you such a discount in the current circumstances (no incentives, low inventory). It's very unlikely any dealer is selling cars at big discounts - and won't be until inventory levels go back up.

Spending similar money on a 4 yr old BMW with only a few months of warranty left on it? That doesn't make sense.
  • areyes1010areyes1010 Member Posts: 20
    It appears as though you got 6% off sticker. My lease is up on my 2009 TSX w/ Tech. I would like to get another one. What is the name of the dealer and salesperson you used? Thanx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• suniluicsuniluic Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

This is a great forum with lot of useful information. I am looking to get myself into a 2009 TSX w/Tech with about 30K miles on it. I live in Michigan and the price I am getting is about $26.5 K. Seems like too much to me considering that for additional few grand I can get a new one based on reading some posts on this forum.

What do you guys say?
  • suniluicsuniluic Member Posts: 2
    Oh .. I should mentioned $26.5K is an out-the door price and includes tax and title.
    edited June 2011
    You know when you say "6%" it doesn't sound like a lot :(

Bridgewater Acura, NJ. They got me in and out in a day, drove the car home same day. It's been good so far.
  • wantagreatdealwantagreatdeal Member Posts: 3
    Acura203,

Did you end up making the deal? I'm also looking to purchase a leftover 2010 V6 Non Tech. If you don't mind, could you post any details you can share? THANKS!
  • sg208sg208 Member Posts: 5
    I went for the BMW instead. The difference in payment is close to $100 more on the new TSX. New car is nice but I have to be realistic on what I can afford as well. We only drive about 30 miles round trip from home to work and i think the BMW will hold up nice. I still have my 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS with 142K miles since I don't really drive that crazy here. Overall, I think I made the right choice.... and made my wife happy :) which is the most important thing. I'll get TSX next time :) Thx for your comment though, appreciate the insight
  • flash931flash931 Member Posts: 5
    Hi happysofar,

Can you let me know a breakdown of your price $31,650.

Did you have to pay only the sales tax on top of this proce?

Thanks
    Sales tax + motor vehicle and documentation fees, that was it. Those are static and can't really be negotiated.

0.9% APR over 60 months, basically free loan.

I'm on my 2nd tank of gas, switched to regular, getting 36mpg on the highway w/regular gas, higher if I avoid slow-downs.

Glad I went with the 2011, would not have gotten the financing or warranty on the same terms with the 2010.
    Low mileage TSXs at the dealer are selling for close to new car prices - due to shortage and good gas mileage. If you want a deal on a used TSX you need to go the private party route.
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    Sales tax + motor vehicle and documentation fees, that was it. Those are static and can't really be negotiated.

This is my pet peeve in these prices paid forums... Doc fees, even though they (arguably) can't be negotiated, can be quite variable from one dealer to another, especially if you're near state lines.

Sales taxes and DMV fees, for a given state, are set and do not vary from dealer to dealer.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Many states have limits on what a dealer can charge for a doc fee. IL for example has a limit of around $150. Never seen a dealer in IL charge less than that but that is the most they can charge. I believe many states have similar limits and some as low as $75, maybe even lower.

In those states that don't have set limits, you're right, they are all over the place and can be as much as $500 from what I've read in these forums. Some states have no sales tax at all and some are 5% and some are as high as 10%. That is why it is stupid to report "out the door" prices in these forums. The sales price and the dealer doc fee are the two things that are really important. If a dealer charges a $500 doc fee, of course they can go a little lower on the price of the car. If the dealer can only charge $75 than he may demand a little higher sales price. The two deals could be for the same amount but look different.

If you consider high dealer finance charges, low-ball trade-in value, high doc fees, lots of dealer add ons at huge markups, volume bonuses from the manufacturer...hell, they can sell the new car for waaaaay below invoice and still make money.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Biker4 is absolutely right. Used Honda and Acura models are in very high demand right now. In fact, many dealers want used vehicles so badly that they are paying lessees to return their vehicles at their dealerships at lease-end. I remember not that long ago when dealers considered lease returns to be a major hassle that they didn't want to deal with. It is unlikely that anyone who wants to purchase a used Acura or Honda from a dealer right now isn't going to get an incredible deal. This is in part due to the tragic Japanese earthquake and in part as a result of the significant decline in lease volume and the resulting drop in lease returns that happened several years ago when the economy imploded.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • coooolwhipcoooolwhip Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new to these forums. I just landed a job that would require me to drive to work since there are no trains or buses within a 8 mile radius.

I have gone in to the dealership to look at the TSX and absolutely love it. I have no experience with negotiating with a dealer and was hoping someone can give me advice.
    The dealer closest to me is Plaza Acura on Nostrand Ave.

For those in NYC, what are some deals you got for the TSX (AUTO, W/O TECH PACKAGE)?

Also I've driven my dad's 2005 Honda Accord EX-L from time to time. What are some benefits the TSX has over the Accord?

Thank you in advance.
    With a tight supply of cars for another couple of months I don't think you'll get great deals now. Truecar is a good site to get up to the minute pricing info in your area.

The newer Accord is a bit different than the 05 but same basics apply when it comes to the difference compared to the TSX. It's mostly features (a few more minor ones on the TSX), feel (the TSX drives better) and size (the TSX is smaller - especially in the back seat). You'd have to drive an '11 Accord and see if those things are worth the higher price of the TSX.
  • coooolwhipcoooolwhip Member Posts: 2
    I went in looking to buy a Acura TSX base model with no tech and drove out with a TSX with Tech. Negotiated $32,000 with tech at Paragon Honda in NY. Seems like I did not get a great deal however. I did not do my research on the TSX with tech.
    I went in planning to offer 28k for the base without tech.

So was $32000 (before tax) a good deal?

Thanks
    What does it matter now? Just enjoy the car.
  • areyes1010areyes1010 Member Posts: 20
    I just leased a 2011 TSX w/ navigation for $31,700 in Bergen County, NJ where the salesperson knew me but I did not know the dealership. I did a lot of research and your purchase price is good considering how difficult it is to get one. This is my second TSX and I purchased a 2010 for my son last October. Great car. I get 34-36 mph when on the highway. Enjoy!
  • lookingtobuy4lookingtobuy4 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,

I am located in Southern California and looking to buy a new 2011 TSX with a Tech Package.

Contacted a local dealer and was told MSRP is $33,570 and Dealer Invoice is $31,900. The dealer is willing to sell the car to me for $200 over dealer invoice plus tax and license of course. Is this a fair price in the current market? This will be for a new 2011.

Really appreciate any help or guidance you can provide. Also, anything else I should be aware of in regards to where the dealer tries to add in any additional costs?

Thanks so much!!
  • abccabcc Member Posts: 10
    Anyone bought the wagon model recently? If so what was final price ?