Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lborglborg Member Posts: 4
    So we test drove the 2012 TSX Wagon today and really liked it. Got a quote of $28,895 for the base package. Trying to read through this thread to see how much to negotiate or what a good price is for the wagon (they wanted $4k more for the tech package, which just didn't seem worth it). Any other negotiating strategies to make this purchase easier?
  • dlwmandlwman Member Posts: 2
    What market? Be patient and check at least one other dealer. 1st dealer told me his price and I walked. There are definitely deals on the 4Dr, not sure on the wagon. Try this site truecar.comJust read the graphic after choosing your car and market. I pushed for the low end of the spectrum in my market. Unfortunately the quarter just ended and that may have been a good time to push them.">link title
    I am in the Boston area and tried other dealers, but nobody could match this price. I tried truecar and get that the dealer cost is 29,573 and I got it for less than that, so I think I got the best deal I could. I think we still got the end of the month pricing. Can't wait to drive it!
  • bostonaccordbostonaccord Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

Did you end up buying the TSX wagon? I'm gunning for the tech pkg. I need it for work. I've reached out to all the Boston area Acura dealers and so far my best quote is $32,500.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    We ended up getting it at SunnySide Acura in Nashua w/o the Tech package. Couldn't justify paying $3600 more for the tech package (although it would have been fun to play with). We really liked Rob at SunnySide if you decide to try getting a quote there too. I think he also quoted us around $32,500 for TSX wagon with the Tech Package.
    Out of curiosity, what do you do that you need the Tech package for work? I'm intrigued :)
  • 3brodrig3brodrig Member Posts: 11
    Paid $27,800 before TTL for a TSX base in Columbus, OH. I had offers as low as $27,600 but that dealership only had cars with black interior.
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    Did you lease? If so, what'd you put down?
  • kristina10kristina10 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a used 2012 TSX w/tech package from a dealer in Columbus, OH for $27,400 and they threw in all weather mats. It was a service loaner with under 8000 miles listed for $28,477.
  • zyazya Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what you all think of the pricing for this '09 TSX? CarFax shows clean as it came in off lease.

2009 Acura TSX Base 44,100 miles in Chicago from a Honda dealer. Price is 19984.

It's been on the lot since April.. which makes me wonder if there could be something wrong with it? I plan to check it out next week if it's still there.
  • kristina10kristina10 Member Posts: 2
    It sounds like a pretty ok deal. If it's been on the lot since April I think that gives you more room to negotiate. Personally, I prefer the certified used vehicles with extended warranties. I was considering a certified 2009 TSX with 22,000 miles but the price was too much @ $24.9 K. There was a certified 2009 TSX with tech package selling for $23.9 K here in Cincinnati a few weeks ago w/44K miles if that helps.
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    We tried to sell our 2010 TSX ourselves (had super low miles), bought it off lease, but no one wanted to pay anywhere near what KBB says it's worth (on market for 6 weeks). So we traded it in for a 2012 tech. Called three dealers--one gave ridiculous numbers for both lease and trade in, and the other just stopped responding after we found a car and I asked for numbers. Which was great. Go to Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City -- by far the nicest, most cordial, warm, efficient buying experience I've ever had. They seem to run a great operation, offering free concierge service as you wait for work to be done (dry cleaning pick up, panera lunch, etc). Why didn't my Merc dealer ever do that? Anyway -- $31,677, $395/mth, $1,000 down, 10,000 miles per year (36mths). Came with "protection" package which I was able to negotiate some since I don't need wheel locks.
  • tirpitztirpitz Member Posts: 5
    I'm starting to look at replacing my 2001 CR-V and though I will shop the current CR-V I'm really interested in the TSX Wagon as an up market substitute. I have fished around a bit and the best prices I have seen are $29,674 for the Base model and $32,184 for the Tech package. I'm not yet convinced that the Tech package is worth an additional $2,500.

All the dealers I looked at have very few Base models on the lots but plenty of Techs. The bigger dealers have 10-15 wagons on the lot right now.

I'm leaning toward the lighter interior color which means either a white or red exterior. There are a ton of white cars out there and almost no red ones. Guess which one I prefer? :cry:

I'm probably going to wait until the 2013 model rolls out to buy. I'm happy with a 2012 so I'm hoping the prices go down a bit more or that Acura offers an incentive on the remaining 2012 models. Of course I will have to take what colors I can find then but I can live with that.
  • bostonaccordbostonaccord Member Posts: 2
    Hi there!

Sunnyside is aggressive with their pricing and also puts out 0% financing several times a yr. I'm a Realtor and would use every part of this tech package. At times I wish I had a regular job. I have all the tech toys that most folks don't even need. Lol.

I think I'll wait until the 2012's go on clearance. My goal is to get the tech package for 32k. I think it's doable!

How do you like your tsx wagon? Any issues?

-Jeff
    So far we love the car. They didn't even try to sell us the tech package, so I guess we don't know what we are missing but are now on vacation an rented a Ford Flex with the Ford Sync tech package, and I sure hope the Acura one is better than the Ford.
  • mung35mung35 Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2012
    Just paid $30,388 + TTL @ Los Gatos Acura in Los Gatos, CA. Was originally quoted $30,300 but was apparently off an old price list. New price is $30,888 but we got it for $30,388.

Most low-pressure sales environment I've ever been to. Ask for Joel and Mitch (Internet Department) if you go there. Better yet, get a price quote from their site first and make an appointment. They're not on an auto row so they'll give you all the attention you want.

:)
  • sarae810sarae810 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2012 Acura TSX + Tech package. Looking to only put down the first month's payment, tax/title/registration included. Was offered at $510/month, but talked down to $440. Any advice?
  • ln1979ln1979 Member Posts: 4
    I am not an expert and haven't checked August's money factor or residuals for the TSX Tech but $510 is rip off. At $440 you could be driving a TL. In the mid $300s is more realistic. Check Acura's website for lease specials. They are offering one at $299 with money down and and another at $350 with nothing down except TTL. I don't see why you couldn't get them to roll in the taxes and still be at or around $350.00.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    As has been said many times, don't shop the lease payment, shop the price of the car. Once the price of the car has been settled, the lease payment simply follows based on terms (length, miles, MF).
  • masonjkmasonjk Member Posts: 8
    I was at dealer today in Maryland and best price I could get was $31,395 plus TTL for Tech package configuration. Did your price of $30,388 include destination charge, or was that additional?
    Thank you.
  • mbac23mbac23 Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys. The best deal I was able to get from Acura dealers in my area was $27,007 including destination. I am willing to give $2000 total out of pocket for a 36 month/12k a year lease. Residual I believe is at 56%. How much would my monthly payments be?
  • mrrm11mrrm11 Member Posts: 5
    I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Looking at a 2012 TSX with Tech and they aren't moving off the $30,695 + TTL. I think it's a good deal but just can't pull the trigger. Plus the .9% financing is nice for the remainder. These decisions are so difficult.
  • dmvesqdmvesq Member Posts: 4
    $32500 (including destination, processing, and 6% tax). I want to be near $30500 OTD.

Went to dealer in Northern Virginia today and they couldn't make a deal. High volume dealer with lots of my color combo TSX in stock. You would think I have leverage, but they were happy to let me walk.

1. Is their offer a good deal?
    2. Can I get to my price?
    I bought last night. $30,395 with floor mats and upped the trade-in by $200. I am happy it's over. It was the forged grey exterior which I couldn't find anywhere else. Lots of black and silver but no grey with tech.
    Is $30395 including taxes and dealer fees? Either way sounds like a great deal!
    No, that was before TTL -- thanks. I saw "Target Price" on truecar at $32.5k before tax. I was at around $30.7K so I feel good about it.
    Bought a 2012 TSX Tech for $31,500 including tax/tags, destination, dealer fees ("OTD")!!! Also got 0% financing. Think I got a good deal, but I KNOW I got an awesome car. Thanks for everyone's post for helping.
  • gusto15gusto15 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Naperville, IL. The cheapest quote I received for a base model is $29705 (incl. TTL). One of the dealers is willing to match the cheapest selling price of another dealer and offer a 5% off the difference (which is not much actually). The 0.9% APR for 60 mnths promotion expired yesterday per the dealer. However does anyone think this deal is the best or there is room for negotiation, if so, how much can I push?
  • mung35mung35 Member Posts: 18
    Included in price.
  • zhonghomezhonghome Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind telling me where you get the quote for $30,695? Is it from Columbus Acura or Linksay Acura? Does this price include destination? It seems quote low compared to my first quote from Linksay, $33,300 (including destination)

Thanks,

Norman
  • zhonghomezhonghome Member Posts: 3
    Congratulation. This is incredible great price, but the price seem even lower than the

Invoice price - dealer holdback which is 32,884 - 3%. Yours even include TTL. Do you mean TSX base or TSX with Tech package?
    Mine was from Acura Columbus. I did at the end contact Lindsey and they were willing to go "below $31K" if I came in to talk and include the weather package. However they only had black and silver and we wanted the grey. It was for the tech package. I will say Lindsey came back aggressive very quickly and it was just via phone conversations. The 30,695 included everything but tax.
    I will also say Acura Columbus also throws in free car washes for life, 10% off all maintenance and the never-ending coffee mug from Brueggers Bagles across the street (through 2012)!!
  • hapi100hapi100 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Do you mind sharing the dealers name in naperville. I got a quote for 30,800 for a base package includes (TTL).
  • pr20pr20 Member Posts: 1
    the dealer quoted me this price for 2012 tsx base model
    MSRP: 30905
    SELLING PRICE: 29156.33
    TERM: 36 MONTHS
    MILES/YEAR: 10000
    MONTHLY PAYMENT: 319.43
    TOTAL UPFRONT: 2276.93
    RESIDUAL VALUE: 17615.85

is this good?
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    No, it is not. I would counter offer with $319.43 permonth but with zero dollars upfront and as it was said many tinmes on this board avoid upfront expense as much as possible.
    Thanks. I really mean TSX with Tech package. MSRP $34,0004. I did all my negotiating online. Again my final came to $31,500 without a penny more (TTL, freight, dealer fees).

I appreciate your response. It really makes me feel like I got a good deal. If anyone needs more information I will be more than happy to help as this site provided me with a lot of help.
  • jcoryjcory Member Posts: 17
    Hello all -

I got what I think was a great price on a 2012 TSX base. I'm in Arlington Heights, IL - paid 27,212 (destination included). I had a quote for 26,500, but the dealer seemed shady and didn't have the color I wanted. All-in-all, I love the car and am happy with the deal. Seems like there is a LOT of cash on the hoods of the 2012's.
  • hapi100hapi100 Member Posts: 2
    Is this price including TTL...?
  • jcoryjcory Member Posts: 17
    Not including TTL, but including destination.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    Wavering between this and a 2012 TL Tech. Love both cars.

TSX offer: $31,200 + TTL
    TL offer: $34,600 + TTL

Salesman said standard Acura warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles. Oops.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    When I go to the Acura website, all they show is the 2013 wagons. When I go to the dealers websites, I don't see any, just the '12s. So... is it worth buying a '12 at this time of the model year?
    Truecar.com has the TSX with tech package at $31,080.
    edited November 2012
    Where do you find the dealer holdback? Most of your prices seem quite a bit lower than truecar's. As a matter of fact the price went up to $33K on true car from earlier this evening to now. What's going on?

I'm going to test drive one tomorrow and if I like it, and can get one with the light leather, I'll be ready to give them a credit card to hold the car. Want to close before the end of the month and I imagine they do too.

Can any of you tell me whether you did you negotiate through email? phone? in person?

Thanks
    I feel like I'm writing a monologue here, so I hope someone responds.

Was able to email sales directly as I had the salesman's card.

$33,129.33 out the door, nothing else to pay for 2012 Wagon with tech package.

I live in CT. Sales tax is 6.35%. Since I bought my first Acura from that dealer, I think I should be asking if there's a loyalty reward.

Also, how are all of you corresponding by email? When I go to the websites, you end up having to give your phone number out and there's not
  • dxxvidxxvi Member Posts: 12
    I bought a 2012 tsx w/o tech package around 2011 Xmas for $29600 including everything in NJ. Now I regret. The TSX is noisy and small. I don't know if the TL is noisy or not but everybody says the TSX is noisy.
    Where did you get a MSRP of $34k? The MSRP is $35,905 with the tech package.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2012
    If you so unhappy with your TSX sell it and get a Lexus. The new ES 350 is very quiet and somewhat sportier than the previous model. Be ready to take $3-4K hit on your trade.
    I'm picking up my new TSX Wagon with tech package on Friday. The salesman sent me the bill of sale via pdf file. The final price is on there as well as TTL. But there is no destination fee mentioned. Anyone know why that is?
    I picked up my TSX Sport Wagon with tech package a few hours ago. Bought it from DCH Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls, NY. This the second Acura I've bought from them. I was lucky and got a salesman who was way under his quota this month. So it was $33,129 OTD. That includes TTL. I got .9% financing. They had a coupon on their website for a free weather protection package which was mud flaps and winter mats. I bought the cargo tray extra and will look at the clear protective bumper guard when it comes in. I also bought the tire protection. It came to $10 more a month and I've ripped a couple of tires apart in my day.

The sales manager came to shake my hand as I left, and took me outside to show me a small, light scrape about an inch long under the back bumper. I can't even find it now that I'm home He said he wanted me to know they found it and would take care of it when I came back to pick up my mud flaps.

I'm pleased with my deal and although my salesman was slow to get back to me, all in all, I'd go back to them in heart beat.

It was a far cry from the sleazy Subaru dealerships I went to while I was trying to like the Outback.
  • maxgts1maxgts1 Member Posts: 9
    Would a new 2012 TSX Tech for $31,500 OTD with all fees and TTL included be considered a good deal?