Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1929394959698»

Comments

• busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    Yes. That's a very good deal, definitely among the lowest prices paid for that car.
  • maxgts1maxgts1 Member Posts: 9
    I'm having a little trouble getting the dealer to agree on that price. The best another dealer is will to do is $31,995 OTD with all fees and taxed included. Is that still a good price?
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    It seems like a very good price. Just curious since you didn't list the price before TTL, where do you live ?
  • maxgts1maxgts1 Member Posts: 9
    I'm in South Florida. He didn't show me the detailed breakdown. I simply told him I'm ready to buy for $31,500 and he counter-offered with $31,999. I emailed him back asking if this was the final price OTD and not a penny more and he said yes. The only problem now is I don't see the color I want in stock on their website inventory. Maybe I'll just get a black on black. Black is such a pain to keep clean. I had a 2004 black TL. Looked awesome when clean.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Very often they'll do a trade to get you the color you want. It's worth a try.
  • garoragarora Member Posts: 1
    Sounds to be a great deal. I paid 32k OTD for a 2012 TSX Tech in the LA (California ) area for a black on black and dont know of anyone who paid that paid that low price in my area
  • sanmsanm Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can you provide me more details of the dealer where you got the TSX for 32K OTD in california. Sounds like a good deal. I can go for it if I get similar price
  • jcarlkjcarlk Member Posts: 3
    Our local dealer (Cincinnati) has a 2012 TSX tech package with 5500 miles. Does anybody have a thought where I should start my offer. 5500 miles is just a few percent of the car's lifespan, but it's the best few percent! Not hanks!
    I'm shooting from the hip here, but I'd say a sale price of $28,500 seems like a good place to start. That's a very nice car!
  • jcarlkjcarlk Member Posts: 3
    We ended up passing on the dealer car and closing with another dealership that had a 2012 tech package in stock with <100 miles. $32,800 OTD including TTL. (6.5% sales tax).

Since the MSRP for the 12 and the 13 were so close, I asked if they could come close to that on a 13, but the salesman told me that there are a lot more incentives for the 12, so no dice. It always kills me when I don't do as well as other posters, but we love the car, and we came close! Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Good job. That's a very good price for a very good car!
  • vtran1vtran1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Can you tell me which dealership this is and what salesperson you deal with? i am helping my sister buy a car.

thank you,
  • gvbgvb Member Posts: 45
    What is the purpose of not offering the V6 with a 6 speed manual? Why only in the 4 cylinder version? Is this new for 2013? Paddle shifters are not the same thing.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Acura has never offered the V6 TSX with a manual - the take rate is so low it was not worth it to them. Even the I4 MT is now limited to the SE model only.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Agree. The take rate with manuals across the board is super low. Make sure you take an extensive drive in a V6 TSX before you commit to it. The V6 TSX is a strong accelerator, merger, & passer. The hydraulic power steering provides typical "Honda" feedback, as opposed to the 4cyl's lifeless electric power steering which is the main reason I traded my 2010 TSX Tech.

That strong acceleration comes with a price. The V6 is like a boat anchor sitting over the front axle. It weighs close to 250 lbs more. There's lots of torque steer if you aren't light on the throttle at takeoff. The traction control was constantly fighting to keep that monster on the right path during hard cornering.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

They offer 6speed manual on the TL.

Unfortunately, I just don't like the body style of the current TL at all. I prefer the TSX over it. Perhaps that's why they offer it on the more expensive TL. To get you to pony up a few more $$'s.

Manual sedans are slowly becoming part of that exclusive club dominated by the Europeans. Audi & BMW in particular. Both of which charge about $20K more than the Japanese do.

Some B*itch ran a stop light and took out my manual TL earlier this week. I'd like to replace it with something comprable. But the pickin's are a lot more slim than I had thought. Unless of course I'm willing to spend close to twice what I paid for my '06 TL.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Sorry your '06 TL got creamed by someone who carelessly ran a red light. I hope you were not hurt. How many miles were on your TL?

Acura does offer a 6 Speed Manual on the TL, but only in SH-AWD guise. Maybe we can help. Do you want new or are you open to used? What's your budget?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

If used? Blue with quartz interior, 6 speed with around 60K miles. Mine had 53K.

New? I'm not much of a fan of the current model TL. I do understand they're doing a re-design in 2014 as the TLX. No idea what it looks like yet. Hopefully they've realized the current body style was not nearly as favored as the previous generation's and re-design the TLX with that in mind. Any idea they will continue to offer a 6 speed manual as an option?
  • jerseybuyer12jerseybuyer12 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hi All,
    Got a quote for $29,300 + TTL. Auto, tho I don't think there's a difference between auto or manual in price. This is in NJ. I'm thinking more along the $28K range... Sticker is $32,405 w/ destination included.
    Thanks
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    Hi I am going to buy preowned cerified car. Which bank can give me better APR? My credit history is very good (>740) but i never had any loan yet. I know DCU is one of them providing better APR. Any other suggestion?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    You should definitely see what Acura Financial Services can offer you. They often run special low APR offers on Acura CPO vehicles, much like they do on new Acura models.

They were recently offering 1.9% for up to 36 months or 2.9% for up to 48 months. The only potential limitation that I've noticed is that the CPO financing deals usually don't extend beyond 48 months.

I am in the market for a new (or almost new) car and I am seriously considering an Acura CPO also! I've found a 2010 TSX V6 w/ Tech Pkg that I really want! It only has 28k miles on it and literally looks like NEW inside and out! I took it for an afternoon so I could spend plenty of time behind the wheel and not have a salesman/co-pilot to annoy me. I went by my parents' house and my cousin's house to get their opinions and they all thought it was brand new. They couldn't believe it was a 2010...

The salesman I've been dealing with is a very nice kid, but definitely a rookie! Just by pulling the Carfax and AutoCheck reports on the car, I determined that it had been on their lot for at least three months. He told me it had actually been sitting on the lot for five months! It was turned in at the end of a 3-year lease by a woman who was a new mom. She loved the TSX but needed something roomier with new baby, so she leased a 2013 MDX.

They had the TSX priced at $28,995 initally. Edmunds and KBB both value it in the low-to-mid $27k range. I told them I would pay $25k OTD and they wouldn't go any lower than $27,500 OTD initially. In the three weeks since, the salesman has called me twice with a lower offer each time- first $26,900 OTD and, just a few days ago, down to $25,500 OTD! I'm willing to pay $25,500 and I'm very tempted to go ahead and buy it tomorrow (or today, actually, since it's way after midnight)!

The reason that I said the salesman was a 'rookie' was because he volunteered way too much information that gave me all the leverage! First, he told me that the car had been sitting on their lot for a little over five months (longer than any other CPO vehicle on the lot by quite a bit). I told him that I was concerned by the fact that it had sat for so long and something had to be wrong with it for it sit unsold for that long...

That's when he referred to it as an "ugly duckling" (and made me wonder how he ever managed to sell a single car)! Apparently, the TSX V6 became a tough sell after the (hideous) 2009 TL design was 'softened' for 2011. The TSX V6 is still available, at least on paper, but he told me that he only saw a handful of 2012 V6 models early in the model year and he has never seen a 2013 TSX V6 except in the brochure.

The particular TSX that I'm considering is also the least popular color available, Vortex Blue Pearl. It's somewhere between an electric blue and royal blue. It is the toughest color to sell on new TSX models and they sit on the lot for longer than any other color offered. But I happen to love the color and it would be exactly what I would choose if I was buying a brand new TSX! I didn't share that with him, but I think it looks both sporty and upscale at the same time and I've seen high performance German vehicles such as the BMW M3 and Audi RS4 in a very similar shade of blue! =)

The other issue with this particular car is that it lacks the optional Technology Package. The Tech Package is optional on both 4-cylinder and V6 TSX models, but onnly about 40% of 4-cylinder models have it while more than 80% of V6 models came with it. The Tech Package consists of- Navigation System, Rearview Camera, Premium 10-speaker Acura/ELS audio

The standard audio setup is a 7-speaker 360-watt with iPod integration and XM Radio included. Even for an audiophile such as myself, it's more than adeaquate. I don't use the rearview camera in our 2012 Mazda CX-9, so I can't imagine it being very useful in a sedan the size of the TSX. I also have a brand new, top-of-the-line Garmin navigation system and prefer it to a factory nav system any day. Besides, a 2010 TSX is already close to four years old now and the NAV was introduced on the 2009 model. If I keep the car for five years, which I plan to do, the navigation system will be decade old techology and totally useless, but it would still be taking up plenty of space in my dash....no thanks!

When I started thinking about a new car several months ago, I had my choices narrowed down to either the 2013 Mazda6 s Grand Touring (V6) or 2013 KIA Optima SX (2.0 Turbo). I swear I'm not a brand snob, but I will be so much happier driving an Acura than either of those (even though both are very highly rated by auto critics and both are a pleasure to drive). One of the little known secrets about the TSX V6 is that it weighs a few hundred pounds less than the TL, but has the same 280hp V6. It will flat-out fly and some reviewers have reported 0-60 times as low as 5.9 seconds. For me, it's totally worth the 4mpg sacrifice compared to a 4-cylinder TSX...it's one fast 'ugly duckling'! =)

After the deal is done, I plan to take Matt, my naive young salesman/buddy out for a beer and a vocabulary lesson! The first word/phrase he needs to learn is "poker face"....

Sorry for such a rambling posting....I had surgery on my left hand and forearm last Wednesday and I'm still on Percocet....it either knocks me out or puts me into a sharing mood....guess which one it was tonight! =)

BTW, what CPO Acura are you planning to buy? I'm assuing it's a TSX since you posted your question about lenders in the TSX forum, but I'm curious about the details....year, color and all that good stuff...

Bet of luck getting a good deal on the car and the financing rate!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    After a long wait and all the research , I end up with buying Certified Acura TSX 2010. I know few of you may confuse with New accord or used Acura so i am just giving detail here to help some of you.

Year, Make, Model: 2010 Acura TSX certified with one owner and clear history
    miles: 22000
    -Purchase Price 21700
    -Downpayment 0
    -TTL - 1356
    -Dealer fees (what and how much) 0
    -Doc fees 399
    Add on: wheel locks, and mud guards thrown in(with mats)
    Apr: 1.99 % with DCU bank for whole amount 65 months (-Down payment 0)

Total OTD: 23580

Thanks guys and keep posting your purchase.
  • wagonlady1wagonlady1 Member Posts: 1
    We are going to purchase a new 2012 TSX wagon w/ tech package for $31,500 before tax. I walked in expecting to lease a 2013 RDX but had test driven the wagon previously and LOVED IT! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the wagon. Will get financed through American Honda Finance for 72 months at 2.5%. Sound like a "good deal"?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    edited April 2013
    I also just bought a CPO 2010 TSX! I got mine on 4/13 and here are the details-

CPO 2010 Acura TSX V6
    Vortex Blue Pearl w/ Ebony Leather
    29k miles
    Lease turn-in, PERFECT condition!
    $22,500 plus TT&T
    $1462.50 (Georgia Title Ad Valorem Tax or TAVT*)
    $ 66 (Title/Tag/Registration Fees)
    $24,028.50 OTD

*TAVT- Georgia no longer charges 'Sales Tax' on vehicles, but this new Tax is currently 6.5% of the net price (increasing to 6.75% for 2014 and 7.0% for 2015). But we no longer pay annual ad valorem tax when we renew our tags either, just pay $20/year for a new tag.

Deal included installing Decklid Spoiler ($434 + installation) for FREE.

I didn&#146;t have a trade-in and didn&#146;t finance, so it was pretty straight forward.

It doesn't have the Tech Pkg, but the stereo is the only reason I would've wanted it anyway. Luckily, the standard 7-speaker 'base' stereo sounds pretty darn good! =)
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Have seen that blue color and it's outstanding looking. Congrats! I love these vehicles and see many of them on our local roads though the ES 350 seems to be a bit more popular. Maybe because there are so many dealers in the tri-county area where I live...Dade, Broward and Palm Beach...and there's also a lot of $ down here. People love their vehicles and it shows, local detailers are probably doing very well as i see their trucks in my neighborhood all the time. hell, the guy I found charges us $40 per vehicle for a wash/wax and he does a really outstanding job each time. he gives me a special price since I usually do all 4 twice a year and he spends a good 6 to 8 hours here doing them. They look factory fresh when he's done and I'm so glad I stopped his truck in the supermarket parking lot and talked with him. He usually charges in the $60 or higher range but since he does mine in bulk, I negotiated the better price. And he really is a nice guy to boot and sometimes his wife comes along and does the interiors.
    So glad I found him as I like to keep our vehicles looking as good as they run. And as I've written about before, we use both sides of our garage for our vehicles and keep minimal crap out there.

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• cameetacameeta Member Posts: 1
    After reading some posts, I'm now wondering if I really got a good deal. I purchases a new 2012 with wing spoiler for $28452 before taxes. What do you all think?
  • freelancer16freelancer16 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone interested in an Acura should contact Simon at this dealer. Bought a new MDX in 2009 from him, and now a new TSX Tech.
  • freelancer16freelancer16 Member Posts: 7
    I also recommend Jason (internet sales) at this dealer. I negotiated over email with him and he was straightforward and responsive. I didn't end up buying because I found the same thing at a geographically closer dealer, but I would definitely talk to him again in the future.
  • mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
    I'm in market to trade by Odyssey for 2013 Acura TSX Sport Wagon base model. What are prices people getting for this particular model ?
    I got a quote of $28500 brand new from a local dealer. He has one left from last year. Is this good price and is there any risk in buying 2012 model that is sitting on lot for more than year now ?
    No risk at all - the warranty starts when you buy it. I got an 06 TSX that was not sold till late April 07. That's a bargain and the same as the '13 and soon to come '14 model.
    Thank you biker4, that is reassuring.
  • uocanuocan Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am interested in (certified/new) Acura TSXs (no tech package). Here are a few prices I got from my dealer:

- 2010 at 32K miles for $24000 (+tax & fees)
    - Brand new TSX for $28260 (+tax & fees)

What do you think about these prices? Any recommendations?

Finally, another alternative I am considering is a Mercedes C300 sport at 11K miles (AWD). This car is $27000 (+tax & fees). How does this compare to Acura's?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    $4200 for three years newer and 32K less miles.... plus, the full new car warranty?

I think going new here is a no brainer..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• uocanuocan Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, I am leaning towards the new one as well. Do you think the price is fair though?

Also does anyone have thoughts about C300/TSX comparison (given above prices)?
  • klin90klin90 Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me how much your 2010 Acura TSX V6 was listed for?
    I was looking into a 2010 CPO Acura TSX Manual with the following details:

Acura TSX 2010
    Clean carfax/history
    CPO
    Manual
    19,000 miles
    Black/Black
    $23,995

I'm confused by how much cheaper you negotiated your TSX V6 down to compared to how the manual TSX I was looking at was listed at. What would be a good price to pay for this particular car?
  • klin90klin90 Member Posts: 2
    I just saw your post igozoomzoom, I see why now!
  • swim2swim2 Member Posts: 1
    In the NY tri-state area, how much is a good deal for a 2013 Acura TSX base car?
  • andy180andy180 Member Posts: 2
    uocan,

Did you buy the Brand new TSX for $28260 (+tax & fees) .....also is this considered as a good price?
  • joelv88joelv88 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I got a quote for a '13 TSX Base for $27103 plus TTL+dealer docfee. Is this a good price? I think it is about 1700-1800 below invoice.

Seems that Acura has a lot of money on the hoods of the '13s ?

Joel
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There isn't that much money on them. If you're getting a price that low, it is plus destination and large dealer doc fee, or a mistake.

Even if, still a deal. Go for it.
  • hgl1668hgl1668 Member Posts: 1
    I came down to two deals, California 9% tax:

1. New 2013 tsx wagon w/tech $33,000 otd
    2. Non-cpo (24k miles)2012 tsx wagon w/tech $28,000 otd

The second car I have not seen in person yet. It is 350 miles away from me. I have to fly there to pick it up.

What should I do? 5000 is great saving but have not seen car yet. It is from honda dealership so no cpo.

Also, considering passat tdi. For those that have the tsx, my concern is only the seats. It is not very comfortable.
    Thanks
    Why would even consider the TSX if its seats are uncomfortable to you? I'd save the $5K and get 12 model.