Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner Accessories

sistercrystinsistercrystin Member Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Toyota
Hi all--

When I was still in the market for a Honda Pilot, I did a lot of reading here on edmunds.com and on a Pilot owners board (don't know if I can name it here), where owners could get together to discuss their rides, post pics and do group buys on certain accessories for their Pilot.

My question is: does anyone know of a similar message board outside of edmunds.com and/or any websites where I can do a little snoopin' around on accessories for my '03 4Runner?

Thanks in advance,
Sis Crys

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If there's interest, we can start an Owner's Club here like we have for the Highlander (Toyota Highlander Owners: Accessories & Modifications).

Otherwise try an internet search (management frowns on promoting competing forums on Town Hall)

Steve, Host
  • bryancosbryancos Member Posts: 282
    Steve, I think an accessories area would be great... In the meantime, if anyone is looking for accessories for their 2003 4Runner, here's some info / part numbers... prices on Toyota parts rounded to nearest dollar...

Lund /Deflecta Shield / AutoVentShade Products

Description/Part#
    Deflectasheild Windshield Visor / 12332
    Interceptor wrap around bugshield / 18439
    Headlight Covers (Clear) / 37025-C
    Headlight Covers (Smoke) / 37025
    Tail Light blackouts / 33056
    VentVisors (3M mount) 4pc set / 94924
    Air Controller - Rear Air Deflector / 1304040-ZC
    Grille Cover / 32-9265-BC

Toyota Accessory Part Numbers
    AshTray Cig Lighter / 741103501080 /$67
    Cargo Mat - Stone / PT5488903011 /$82
    Cargo Mat - Taupe / PT5488903014 /$82
    Cargo Net / 0001689121 /$21
    Carpet Mats - Oak / PT2088903004 /$96
    Carpet Mats - Stone / PT2088903021 /$96
    ElectroChromatic Mirror w/ Compass / 0001689931 /$157
    First Aid Kit / PT42003023 /$29
    Lower Bumper Guard / 0001689230 /$270
    Mounting Step Bar / 0001689021 /$111
    Sunroof Wind Deflector / 000168920799 /$34
    Tubular Step Bars / 0001689020 /$193

Lighted Running boards $319
    See: http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/part_detail.asp?ID=2698&am- p;am- p;CID=359&SID=2003&ZID=58

TRD Supercharger for V8: $3,997.00
    See: http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/part_detail.asp?ID=2753&am- p;am- p;am- p;CID=517&SID=2003&ZID=58

See also:
    http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/ and select the 4Runner
    and appropriate model year.
    Info from Macniel's site at www.mats.com...

50096 - Stone & Bug Deflectors
    4Runner Stone and Bug Deflector
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    fits 2003-3 Toyota 4Runner @ $54.95 = $54.95

41229 - Cargo Liners
    *With* Double Decker Cargo System. Cargo liner covers carpeted area on top
    of shelf when shelf is in raised position.
    Color - Tan
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    fits 2003-3 Toyota 4Runner @ $79.95 = $79.95

H0133W - LampGardTM
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    fits 2003-3 Toyota 4Runner @ $39.95 = $39.95

72317 - WeatherFlectorsTM
    4Runner WeatherFlectors
    Set - Front & Rear Set
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    fits 2003-3 Toyota 4Runner @ $79.95 = $79.95
  • jerwhitejerwhite Member Posts: 1
    For the 2003 SR5, does anybody know if the wiring for the electrochromatic mirror is in place or would I have run the wiring myself if I bought this accessory?
    We've renamed this discussion to concentrate on 4Runner accessories, and if it takes off we can think about including it in a Owner's Club section.

Keep posting :-)

Steve, Host
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    I am towing a 4000 lb. trailer with my 02 Sport Edition. On steep grades with this tow weight the truck struggles a little. Does anyone know if adding the TRD Supercharger boosting the HP from 187 to 251 and the torque from 225 to 275 lb./ft. will assist when towing?

I like my 02 better than the redesigned 03 so I will not consider trading. This 02 is awesome, just turned 30,000 miles and has not been to the dealer for anything. I change the oil and filter every 2500. With frequent towing I may consider this more often.

If the supercharger with transmission cooler will, if only slightly, improve my towing performance, I will order one. Appreciate comments and recommendations
  • skipjakkskipjakk Member Posts: 5
    Anyone know of a place to get the rear spoiler
    for a 2003 4Runner?
    skipjakk,
    Here's a link.. price is $295.19 plus another $56.88 for the template, which they state is 'required'.

http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/part_list.asp?ZID=58&S- ID=2003&CID=355&PC=
    jerwhite,
    I'm looking into getting one of the mirrors too as soon as the budget (and the other half) allows... I have an SR5 too, and haven't looked for a harness yet, but suspect we can just tap into the maplight wiring right at the top of the windshield without too much grief... Let me know what you find out!

Funny thing I noticed here about the mirror:
    http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/part_detail.asp?ID=2682&am- p;CID=456&SID=2003&ZID=58

4-Runner Electrochromic Mirror
    Sale: $169.96
    Includes Auto Dimming and Compass

Fits:
    2003 4Runner 2WD 4-DOOR LIMITED V8 w/ 5 Speed Automatic
    2003 4Runner 2WD 4-DOOR SR5 V8 w/ 5 Speed Automatic
    2003 4Runner 4-Door 4X2 SR5 V6 w/ 5 Speed Automatic <<<<<<?!?
    2003 4Runner 4WD 4 -DOOR SR5 V6 w/ 5 Speed Automatic <<<<<<?!?
    2003 4Runner 4WD 4-DOOR LIMITED V8 w/ 5 Speed Automatic
    2003 4Runner 4WD 4-DOOR SR5 V8 w/ 5 Speed Automatic

Hmmm... V6 w/ 5speed automatic... now that I'd like to see -- since the V6 only comes w/ the 4 speed!
    Odd.. I just got off the phone w/ my local dealer parts dept and they claim that the part numbers starting with "000168" were REGIONAL part numbers and therefore could not be pulled up on their computer. Apparently the dealer where I got those numbers on the web (Deland Toyota in Deland, FL) has access to parts that my local (Colorado) dealer does not. Or my local dealer parts dept is either lazy or just plain worthless... They further stated that they may not fit vehicles sold in my region. (I think they're full of it --they're all assembled at the same factory!) I'll just order online and bypass the moron factor.
    Highlander7,
    See the following TRD sites for more info on the available Supercharger:

http://www.trdperformance.com/pack_supercharger.htm

http://www.gadgetonline.com/Super.htm

To answer your questions, read the following excerpt:
    "The TRD Supercharger produces boost instantly, even at low engine speeds, and unlike turbocharging systems and their inherent response "lag," there is no hesitation during hard acceleration or when the engine is under load. This provides Toyota Truck owners with improved passing ability and eases towing from dead stops or on steep grades"
    Anything you see at the dealership is probably here:

http://www.brandsport.com/accessories168.html
    For pics, see:
    http://waag.com/showroom/137.php

Toyota 4-Runner (All models) 2003

Grill/Brush Guards:
    Front 1 pc.: 15951
    Front 3 pc. UPS: 12952
    Center Guard: 12953
    FrontRunner: 18368
    Tail Light Guard : 13954
    Rear Bumper : 16794
  • fngfishfngfish Member Posts: 9
    I believe the company that outfitted the global extreme vehicles is going to start manufacturing/selling al the items they put on the new 4runners for the show. I had enquired a few months ago. Safari gard got a questionarre back to me recently to try and figure out the intrest in such a deal. Take a look at their web site an send them a email if intrested in their product. chris
  • gareneaugareneau Member Posts: 2
    Has anybody heard of this company and can speak to their reputation? A retail friend is offering me one of their roof racks and bike racks and I'm not sure if they fit my 2002 4-Runner SR5. Any thoughts?
  • jaredmsdjaredmsd Member Posts: 127
    Regarding the MacNeil accessories, I am extremely pleased. I bought the bug deflector, floor mats, and cargo mat for my 4runner. The color of the mats is pretty much right on, the cargo mat fits down to the centimeter, and both did wonderful on my recent dirt/sand filled off-road trip. The bug deflector was easy to install, and everything was shipped and arrived with a quickness. Possitive marks goes out to MacNeil for all of their goods.
  • bmw323isbmw323is Member Posts: 410
    I also bought the floor mats from MacNeil. Good product, but I did have to do some trimming on the mats to get them to fit properly. The rear ones were easy since the lines are already there. I also trimmed the drivers mat because I thought it interferred with the accelerator.

I got the black mats and my only complaint is that the mat shows marks from shoes, so they don't keep that glossy black 'new' finish for long.

For the cargo mat, do you have the double deck cargo system in your 4Runner. If so, does the mat just sit on top of it? How does it work if you raise the deck? Does it go underneath then?
    For those interested, BrandSport is blowing out electrochromatic auto-dimming rear view mirrors for $49 w/ free shipping that will fit all years of 4runner:

Toyota 4Runner 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 (fits models with factory windshield mounted mirror only)

The mirror came in a Genuine Toyota Parts box:
    Description: Mirror, EC, RR View
    Part no: PT374-0C020

SEE SITE FOR OTHER TOYOTA APPLICATIONS.
    These are JUST the mirror WITHOUT the compass or maplights. Was an easy two wire hookup. Mine arrived today and it took me 10 mins to install in my 2003 4Runner SR5. (I grounded at the bolt at base of the dash, and plugged hot side into accessory fuse) See this URL if you're interested in this steal of a deal for an auto dimming mirror:

http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt374-0c020.html
  • 2003help2003help Member Posts: 23
    Anyone have any info when Toyota will be making the Fog lamps available to the consumer? Bought my 4Runner a month ago and thought I'd put them on later.
    Was told unless the truck came with them when you bought it, can't get them.
    Any insight?
  • jaredmsdjaredmsd Member Posts: 127
    I don't have the double-decker shelf, so I just got the one for the whole floor. It seems to me that you have two options. You either get a floor mat for top of the double-decker shelf, or you get one that goes underneath it. There are pictures on mats.com that seem to show both of these cases. I like the rear mat much better than the floor mats because it was made specifically for the 4runner so it fits down to the centimeter, and it has a large (2-3 inches) lip to contain spills.
    Check this place for foglights for your 2003 4Runner:
    http://www.overnightautoparts.com/toyota-4runner-4ru-4wdv8-001-fo- - - g-light.html

Looks like they carry them, but you'll need to call them at 1-888-267-1845 for pricing... Shouldn't matter if you have the V8 or V6... it's the model year that matters.
    Want a better match for your paint than the blob bottle from the dealer? Check out:
    http://www.paintscratch.com/

They sell touchup paint and clearcoat in custom made pens, bottles and even spray cans. Prices are very reasonable and they come highly recommended...

Also check out http://www.langka.com to eliminate paint blobs..
    Hey Bryan, any idea how the blob stuff works? It's more than a toothpick in a can I take it?

Steve, Host
    Steve,
    Apparently the Langka blob remover is a specialized solvent that works only w/ touch up paints. It will not harm existing factory baked paint. You essentially apply it to a tightly woven fabric such as a tshirt, etc, and use a plastic straight edge similar to a credit card to keep the fabric taut while gently "scraping" away the blob w/ the solvent on the fabric...
    I've read reviews/articles on "other boards" which can't be posted here, and the results (and photos posted by others) showed some impressive results. Doing a search for "langka" on groups.google.com should suffice to help folks find the articles. :)
    Found a great source for rear spoilers for the new 4Runner. Check the following URL:

http://www.autoearth.com/SpoilerToyota.asp

$100 extra if you want them to paint it to match...
    Thanks Bryan - interesting stuff people think up.

Steve, Host
    Macneil mats (www.mats.com) have models that go both on top and below the double-decker cargo system. Personally, I've found the double-decker shelf to be more of a pain than a help, so I will likely get the model that fits below and just leave the shelf lowered. My 4Runner came w/ the carpeted embroidered mat which looks nice, but isn't practical for hauling "dirty" items.

Mats4less.com is another source that sells products made by husky and nifty products for slightly less money than what Macniel sells for. I had a nifty mat in my Envoy and it sufficed.
  • hpoohhpooh Member Posts: 13
    Got my 2003 4Runner Sport V6 w/ the Day time running light. Whenever the head light is not on and the truck is moving. It lights up orange/amber. Take a closer look and find out that it's the bulb which has the color, the cover is clear. Just wondering if any one knows what size of bulb is it so that i could get some after market super white bulb for replacement.
  • rokinkrokink Member Posts: 25
    That amber bulb also serves as the turn signal light. Now, I have seen a Hyundai with what seems to be clear factory turn lights on the rear (and it annoyed me driving behind it).
  • mtc5mtc5 Member Posts: 2
    I read the directions on how to use the Langka solvent and found it is exactly what I had learned from a paintless dent removal technician. The only difference is that he used 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner Part No. 051135-08984. It costs about $10/ quart last time I bought some. It is available in auto paint shops that sell wholesale and generally you won't find it at places like Home Depot.
    Hmmm.. I wonder if the adhesive solvent that came w/ the DING KING kit I bought will cut the touch up paint too? I'll give it a try - may save me from having to hunt some down. BTW, the DING KING actually did work to remove several minor door dings in our 02 Malibu, so the $20 spent on the kit was well worth it.

The 3M stuff is relatively inexpensive and I found a cheap source online: http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/subcat.php?get_category=2&ge- t_subcategory=Solvent%20Cleaners
  • 2walker2walker Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone installed a rear spoiler (re: $138 Rear Spoiler post) on a 2003+ themselves? If so, I'm interested to hear how the job went. Looking on Ebay there is another alternative for ~$190 + shipping for one already painted. The dealership wants over $750 to install one. Thanks.
  • sequoiasoonsequoiasoon Member Posts: 223
    Check spoilerdepot.com, they do a nice job. My 2003 Sequoia was very easy since you only need to drill a couple holes in factory location / access areas
  • 4runtexas4runtexas Member Posts: 31
    hey guys, does anyone know when any accessories will be available for the V6 engine 4runner?

i can already see superchargers,air filters, exhausts, etc for the V8...just checking if any one had any info on accessories for the V6, like when the performance air filters, etc will be available!
  • hpoohhpooh Member Posts: 13
    Really wanted to have the AC Power Outlet but don't know if it's possible to buy it as part and install it by myself. Any idea?
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    The V8 has more accessories because it is the same engine that has been used in the Tundra/Sequoia for three years now. The V6 is spankin new, so after-market parts might be some time off, especially if this engine is used only in the Runner. Prolly, this new V6 will be offered in the Tundra and Taco in due time.
  • ruskayruskay Member Posts: 5
    Hey Gang...just bought an '02 2WD 4Runner SR5. This vehicle doesn't have many options. I want to add running boards, fender flares, and a roof rack. I'm confused about the fender flares. I've seen two different types....one type is painted and looks like it may even be part of the fenders....the other type is black plastic and looks like they just bolt on. The dealership tells me that they are not designed to be sold as an accessory. Has anyone out there added fender flares and running boards? I am interested in genuine Toyota for the fit and quality, but I'm open to aftermarket.
  • slitorslitor Member Posts: 29
    I have a good place where you can get cheap toyota running boards. send me an email (victoirom4@yahoo.com) if you want to know
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    A simple "so and so has running boards" will suffice.

tidester, host
  • dogwingdogwing Member Posts: 11
    Have a 2003 SR5 V6 4X4..... Trying to find floor mat the covers entire rear cargo area when rear seats are folded down. This means a mat from the rear gull-wing door to the folded seats. I am not so much interested in partial mat that covers the small area behind the in-place rear seat. Would love some help. I am considering having one made, but would prefer to get a ready made one. Any words of advice would be appreciated. Thanks........
    You might try AutoSport.. they sell custom canvas mats for the full rear:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=238&ci- d=5

"Custom-tailored to fit your vehicle's exact dimensions, it covers the cargo area and the back and top of folding rear seats. Seats can be up, down or split. Velcro holds Canvasback in place, making it easy to install. Folds small enough to store under the seat until it's needed again. Easy slip-on installation. "
    Haven't see the FACTORY 110AC OUTLET sold as an accessory, but there are many places that sell 12V power inverters that'll do the same thing, and they're relatively inexpensive.
    Check out what Bushwacker has for the flares:
    http://www.bushwacker.com/fender-flares.asp
    Pricing will vary by vendor

If you want a TOYOTA roofrack, Brandsport sells them for $240:

http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt278-89001-01.html

Same company sells TOYOTA running boards too:
    http://www.brandsport.com/farubo.html

You might be happier w/ aftermarket for those tho. Good luck!
  • ruskayruskay Member Posts: 5
    Hey, thanks for the links. I ended up getting the Toyota roof rack from the dealer for $250. The next step is the running boards. You suggested that I might be happier with aftermarket for these. Are there any in particular that you recommend?
  • dogwingdogwing Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info on the company called Auto Sport.......... They do list a full cover for entire back cargo area of 4Runner.... Has anyone dealt with this company? Would like to know about any experiences regarding their service, etc.... Before I plunk down $140.00 I would like to see what you thing of their products and service... Thanks for the help
  • agimelagimel Member Posts: 3
    I bought SR5 without Double-decker cargo system with net. Anyone knows where can I get it? Dealer can not get it as a new or replacement. Any ideas? Thank you.
  • pat84pat84 Member Posts: 817
    I have the double decker cargo system. Believe me it is not worth having.
  • klaudnycklaudnyc Member Posts: 36
    Have to agree with Pat. I don't use it because items can fall into the space between the edge of the platform and the tailgate. Also, I wanted to add a Husky liner in the cargo bay but the DDCS makes it difficult to do so.

Oh, and don't get any ideas about using it as a seat - it can only hold 80 lbs.
  • bmw323isbmw323is Member Posts: 410
    At first I thought the double decker system was a neat thing. I bought the option in my SR5. It's useless, save your money. Worst thing is that even when it is down, you lose a bit of cargo space because it takes a couple of inches laying on the floor. You can buy the nets separately if you want those.
This discussion has been closed.