Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX 2007

Comments

• my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Actually, the DC area dealers all require a $1,000 deposit ~ although they stress that it's entirely refundable, if you don't like the vehicle for any reason.

The dealership that I went to is expecting to have at least fifteen MDXs beginning October 17. I have already seen their allocation list, with color schemes, features, et al. I'm no. 5 on the list!
  • robinsradarrobinsradar Member Posts: 55
    I'm going to an Atlanta dealership on Saturday to pick up a brochure. I'll ask about the deposit requirement.

Did the DC dealership say if the deposit would hold a preselected color/features? Or only what is left in available inventory?
  • azfunazfun Member Posts: 8
    I'll be checking out a dealership in Phoenix to see what they are doing for waiting list/deposit. Looking to replace our 2002 CRV. Can't take the road noise and lack of power any more.

Here's the Honda News link that breaks down the pricing:

http://hondanews.com/CatID3001?mid=2006091539650&mime=asc

2007 Acura MDX Pricing

MDX $39,995
    MDX with Technology Package $43,495
    MDX with Technology and Entertainment Packages $45,695
    MDX with Sport Package
    (includes Technology Package features) $45,595
    MDX with Sport and Entertainment Packages $47,795
    Destination and handling charge $ 670
  • wopelwopel Member Posts: 92
    I've been to Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD and they "warned" me to put down a deposit NOW! What dealer in DC did you go to?
    I have to say it worries me to get a vehicle so soon after it's birth! This isn't just a remake, isn't this a new engine?
    Also, I want the power lift gate, but I don't need/want the DVD system - what a strange, strange package. Otherwise, the '07 seems like everything I want, including the price.
    I've looked at the Lexus suvs, and they seem so behind the times. As well as their uglier twins at Toyota. The new MB GL is great - but $65,000+ - don't want to do it. The X5 has too many unhappy owners, it would seem. The Q7, I also don't trust. The American suvs are too big/wide. So the '07 MDX sounds like a winner! And it seems trust in Acura is high.
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Don't be warned by any dealer to put a deposit down NOW!

In 6 months you can tell them what to do with their deposit and negotiate a deal lower than MSRP.

There are so many SUV's out there and sales have been slow.
    Don't fall for that high pressure stuff.

A year from now, they will be very nicely discounted and anyone who buys one now will be kicking himself for not having a little patience.

I also don't care much for the Acura packaging.
    A power liftgate should always be available.
    I had my heart set on ordering the sport package only to see I can't have it unless I order the technology package with it, which I don't want.
    Why the sport package couldn't be made available separately, I haven't a clue.

So, I will probably be forced to order the base MDX.
    I will not be conned into ordering an extra package that I don't need just to get something else that I want.
    The new MDX will have its "first drive" on this week's MotorWeek TV show. Of course, this means they will show it inside and out, and riding picturesquely down a rural road, but will say nothing critical about the car.

During the week of October 27th (ages from now!), MotorWeek will finally be doing a complete test drive of the new MDX.

By that time we should be seeing quite a few full road tests.
    I don't think Motorweek says anything bad about any vehicle. It must be a kinder, gentler Motorweek!
    True.
    They are TV's answer to New Car Test Drive.
    I don't think I have ever read a bad review on that website.
    Just got back from the dealership in Atlanta. Picked up the brochure and placed a refundable $500 deposit down. This did not hold a specific type/color. Salesman indicated that I was number 13 on the list. Also, stated that they are expected to receive 25-35 SUV's.

Since I am interested in the Sport model, he indicated that approximately five would be available around October 17. Unfortunately, my first color choice was not on the list.

No ADM's were included in the price. Stated the same prices which were listed on this board. On a positive noted, the salesman indicated that an Atlanta MDX dealer showing was expected to be held in the coming weeks. He extended an invitation but he did not have a firm site as of Saturday (09-16-06). Hopefully will be able to attend and get a sneak peek.

One last comment concerning the brochure. Was disappointed that not all of the interior/exterior colors were shown in photos. Also, did not have a full picture of the sport model interior.
    Actually, if you listen carefully, Motorweek does make some good critical remarks during their commentaries about the vehicles they test drive. However, it's true that they do not make recommendations about any vehicle to their viewers either way!
    It was another fund raising day on MPT so no Motorweek yesterday. I think it's shown again during the week in the evening. So I will try again. Although I believe I will check their website - it might be there.
    In my neighborhood they show MotorWeek at 4:00 PM and 4:30PM on Saturdays.
    Got a double dose of a sparkling new silver MDX and it looked great-inside and out. :surprise:
  • norcalshoppernorcalshopper Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone in Northern California have input re wait lists for the '07 MDX in our area?
  • albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    did you say 39,995 base price? impossible!!! now I want one! now if only there was a way to defy Acura nonnegotiable pricing and take 2500 off!
  • pinkmelrosepinkmelrose Member Posts: 26
    It raised almost $2000 than current models..probably that's price of SH-AWD? I really wanna try those SH-AWD later. :D
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    There's quite a few differences beyond SH-AWD. Every vehicle should improve a bit in most ways (performance, interior, features, etc.). That's to be expected, along with a modest bump in price. However, it appears this new MDX is improved by leaps and bounds in several areas.

I'm still amazed they got the base price so low.
    Yeah, I fotgot MDX got 300hp, and specs....by the way, do you think I should wait after 3 month to fix all first model bugs?
    I don't think acura does have first year bugs as other cars...

:sick:
    Oh, sure they do. Every new vehicle will have first year bugs. The question is whether or not you're willing to put up with a few extra glitches to get the vehicle when you want it.
  • jeffreylajeffreyla Member Posts: 2
    They eliminated the base model and it now starts with nearly the same equipment as last year's Touring model. If you think of it that way the price increase is $45. Not to bad for an all new model!!
    So when is the best time to buy this model? The reason why I am asking this because trying to avoid first production bugs.
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    I bought a first year Jeep Cherokee LTD after a a complete retool and it was the worst auto experience I have ever had. The Jeep that was replaced was flawless as was the second year Jeep after the retool. As a first year buyer you will be the "de-bug" buyer. NEVER AGAIN will I buy a first year car after a complete revision. Be prepared for any small problem to be turned into a big problem because there will be no fix until the second year when the new car comes out with the basic problems solved!
    Then should I purchase Audi Q7...:) which is most unstable vehicle I ever know. I asked to my wife wait until first year end, then she complains a lot... :sick:
    I'll throw my two cents in the discussion since thats about all its worth. If you have done comparison test against competitors, and have concluded the MDX is possibly the best SUV. Then it comes down to a preference as to options and colors. If you wait, it's possible that they may not be available. If this is not that important, then it would be wise to wait a few months or at least see how initial sales go. My guess is that the sport package will be a hot item.

The other point about first year production is something that I'm a bit concerned about also. But the way I see it is that most major components on the car (SH-AWD; transmission, most electronic elements, and to a certain degree the engine) were either a carryover from previous years models or were on other Acura cars and that limits most major glitches. However, with any new platform some problems are bound to creep up. I don't think it will be a major problem.

The reason I went ahead and got on the waiting list is that the SUV had the space, options, and apparently handling that I was looking for in a SUV. Since I wanted a specific color and option package, I'll take the first year production risk. Also, I did not want to put additional money in my current car (Volvo S80) that would include tires and at least three maintenance checks.
    I will wait 2-3months after debut, see what is really con and pros. Also, I would not wait until one years to get less risk because MDX is 'too hot'. :P
    to check the MDX Problems & Solutions thread through December to see if any negative trends have developed with this vehicle before committing to purchasing.
    IMHO, it all depends on the manufacturer! All three of my Lexus RXs were first-year models ~ 99, 01, 04 ~ and I've never had any problem with any of them.

Now, maybe it's just my luck but I do believe Japanese luxury brand manufacturers are very conscientious about bad publicity and will do anything to minimize customer dissatisfaction! Take it for what it's worth!
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    A good indication of reliability might be the RL, which did not have real major issues when it first came out. The RL was loaded with gadgets and a fancy new SH-AWD system, all of which could have been reliability issues, but overall it has done well, even in its first year.

It'll be interesting to see how the Audi Q7 fares in terms of reliability: at ~$40k, Acura is pricing its base model the same price as the Audi. Guess we'll see who wins the "most first year problems" award (I'm betting Audi wins that award, he he he).
    I went dealership and checked out where exactly manufactured on the RL, it's 95% assembled in Japan. I also checked that MDX is more than 80% assembled in U.S or Canada, don't remember exactly. :cry:
    This one is somewhat negative...tell me what you think

link title
  • jdennis2jdennis2 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know why Acura has left OnStar out of the MDX for 2007? I have owned 3 MDX SUVS since 2001. I bought my 2005 because they finally added OnStar! Onstar is very important to me and I do not understand why Acura would add it in 2005 only to drop it for 2007. I will not buy another MDX or any other Acura car that does not include OnStar!
    Actually I don't think it was that "negative" ~ I think it's more of a tongue-firmly-in-cheek kind of review ;) !
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    If you have a cell phone and order and Acura with Navigation, you've covered most of the features provided by Onstar. And the people I talked to that have it are displeased with the service, their customer support is atrocious.

As a current owner of an 03' Touring model MDX with roughly 86,000 flawless miles, I'll be the first to admit this new one is a HUGE improvment in both exterior and ESPECIALLY on the interior. I look forward to checking out the new model. My only disappointment so far is the Sport package is not available without the Ent. package.
    It's not a bad review. That's just Anita's thing. She (sometimes with her husband) usually publish articles from a purely family or consumer oriented point of view. They attempt to represent the "anti-enthusiast".

My problem with the review is that she got her numbers messed up. The price for the RX350 is wrong and her quote of the original MDX's towing capacity is wrong. Wouldn't surprise me if she got a number of other things wrong, too.
    "My only disappointment so far is the Sport package is not available without the Ent. package."

I think you've got that backwards. You can't get the ENT without the either the Sport or Tech.

The one included in the Sport package is the Tech.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Oops, my bad. I was just looking at post #470 too quickly.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    read several reviews from the detroit newspapers husband and wife team. They never fail in making themselves appear to be the most ignorant people at their job [sans current politicians]
    It's hard to even find a place to start but comparing this car to the Lexus, it's obvious that Acura is moving away from that market with this car but somehow they still try to compare them.
    When reviewing the Infiniti FX 35 [A car that my wife owns] They said it had a hard time keeping up with other cars on the freeway. Without getting in to a huge debate, this is laughable.
    In short, I wouldn't take anything that these two say to heart. They are easily the most clueless people on the planet.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Pinkmelrose may have a point regarding reliability and origin of manufacturing. The RL was mainly built in Japan whereas the MDX is going to be built in their Canadian plant. Will this matter? Who knows.....
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    Wait wait wait...so I can't get the base MDX with just the ENT package? I have to get another package on top of that?

From that article that was linked here I thought there were 3 major option packages (Tech, sport, ENT) that could each be bought separately. The ENT package could be added to the sport or tech, as well.

If that's the case (no base MDX with just ENT), I guess no MDX for me :-( A little too much for what I had budgeted for.
    Yea, I was just trying to stir things up a bit. Agree with you on the RX comment. Ran numbers on comparable option packages for both SUV's and came up close in price for both SUV's. Found base comparison a bit misleading. She has a thing for simple instrument controls. For instance in the Q7 write-up fails to mention that it has voice commands.

Her only point that I will review is the visability issue during the test drive.
    Correct. You cannot get the ENT solo.

Sorry, I didn't think this was news. I figured the pricing strategy had already been posted. Scroll to the bottom of this link.

http://hondanews.com/CatID1000?mid=2006091539650&mime=asc
    "Yea, I was just trying to stir things up a bit."

Kids today! It's that dang rock-n-roll music, I tell ya.

Paul and Anita are pretty well known for their He Said/She Said columns. Essentially fluff pieces with little to no substance, but fun for the non-enthusiasts to read while pouring cereal into the kiddies' bowls.

Paul has written some more comprehensive stuff. Whether you agree with him or not, he has an educated opinion. I've never read anything from Anita that didn't make me wish for those 3 minutes of my life back. :sick:
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I've also never heard positive feedback from the pieces that they write. How are they still employed? These two are an absolute mystery to me.
    They are to me, like staring at a bad accident, I can't look away, but I know I should. Their work [crap] is almost SNL like, it' so far removed from reality.
    I just don't have words for them. It's almost like they strike a temporary mental disorder in me every time I here their name. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    I read MDX tag in dealership, it says engine and transmission are built in Japan, rest of others are assembled in Local.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    And that's the '06 model, I wonder where engine and tranny will come from for '07.
  • biscuit1941biscuit1941 Member Posts: 31
    For general information. A difference of 6dba between MDX and Audi sounds pretty small. db and dba are tricky measurements to the uninitiated. 3 db is double. 6 db is 4 times! it is an exponential measurement.
    So, 6db for MDX VS 3db for Audi?

My current 99' intergra is actually 'so loud', but my sister-in-law has TSX, which is pretty quiet on freeway.
    :lemon:
    Sound measures are a tricky thing. While decibels are an absolute measure of "loudness", they do not take into account the range of hearing with the human ear. For that reason the measure called "sones" may be more accurate than decibels. One of the major auto rags promised to switch to sones a while back, but I forget which it was.

Anyway... because conditions have a huge impact on noise within the car, it is not recommended to compare results from one test with the results of another. For example, driving on a highway with a concrete slab surface tends to be noisier than a tarmac or asphalt surface.

Meanwhile, even if the level of loudness is measured correctly in a head to head comparo, the measurements don't tell you the quality of the sound. Some drivers hate road noise, while others hate wind noise. Neither decibel nor sone is going to tell you which is the problem.

IMO. It's an issue which can only be resolved with a test drive.
  • klgreen1973klgreen1973 Member Posts: 2
    According to Honda's website, one can purchase the Sport Package without buying the Ent. package. The sport package has all the features of the tech. package though. The entertainment package is available with either the sport of tech packages....just to inform you. I am interested in buying a MDX also. But, I will wait until next spring. By then the buzz will die down and hopefully good deals can be has. If not, I will wait until the 2008's come out. Hopefully by then, Acura will have added ventilated seats. All the Lexus vehicles have it. Very nice on a hot and humid day here in the ATL. Will wait for 20008 and see what other features are added.
    Do you have any information of 2008 brand new Lexus SUV? I saw new RX concept sketches in Edmunds.com, for somereason it's gone. What I know about New RX will gains 3rd row seats.
  • sysweisyswei Member Posts: 1,804
    I think you're refering to what was once known as the HPX concept car, and is now the JX. Allegedly a 3-row crossover based on the GS, arriving Spring 2007. I may wait for it to appear before deciding between it and the MDX.
This discussion has been closed.