Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Owners: Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• wing103wing103 Member Posts: 14
    :P Hi bjbird2
    I pick up my car on Thursday.
    Final price is 30000, at the same day i still think about trade my ford to dealer or not, cause they only pay me 5000..... than suddenly one of my friend call me up, tell me his car got total 2 days ago. the Insurance company will pay him $7000 for it. than i check it on edmund bluebook my ford trade in value is $7800I sell it to my friend for $7000. so i make a good deal on it
    Than on Friday one of my friend he is a guy who own a body shop. he tell me one of his customer buy a set of H7 HID try to put it on his car, but it not working because have some circuit to protect the power ,, ... whatever is not work on his car, so he want to sell it for $200 ...hhheeeeeeeeeee i tell my friend i will try it first before i pay for it, so i put it on my car and test it, it works great. it is much much much better than the orginal light.
    SO now I feel is look like everything is ready for my new Pacifica.
    I love it a lot
  • buffaloguybuffaloguy Member Posts: 1
    My name is Gene and I am from Buffalo, NY. My wife wanted a mini-van, and I did not. We met in the middle by selecting the stylish/sporty Pacifica.

We took delivery of our 2005 Inferno Red, Taupe Leather interior, FWD, Navigation and DVD Pacifica on June 11, 2005. We paid $29,000 something after getting our Chrysler discount which is 1% below invoice. (My wife works for GEICO, and they offer a deal for purchasing any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle)

It's a great looking vehicle, and will meet our needs as parents of a two year old. My wife and I are under 30 years old, and this vehicle is very much luxury for the price point.

I hope we have much success. :D

Regards,
    Gene
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    Well I got 27k on it now and after the PTO TSB repair, no issues, Gas mileage at varying speeds is over 20mpg on the highway. ~400 mile trips seem to use 17.4 gallons. I seems to average approximately 21.4 on these trips. No major issues have shown up.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    Well, my last trip the PAC used 20 gallons to make the trip and so it averaged 18 mpg - maybe I hit the pedal too hard?
  • pacificjaypacificjay Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, my name is Jay Lloyd and I recently purchased a Midnight Blue Pacifica. I live in Vacaville, CA and I love my new car. I have a two year old with another baby on the way. This was a great investment. I've tried to get little things to help spruce it up like the chrome tailpipe, and the Pacifica grocery pouch for the trunk area. Chrysler.com has some ideas for it but mostly after market purchases. I got plenty of room seeing as though I'm six foot five. The gas out here is crazy but it does well on a full tank. Other than that, It's been a great vehicle.
  • miguel2miguel2 Member Posts: 5
    Hi there Jay,

First off, congratulations on your recent purchase. Happy to see that you're enjoying your new Pacifica. It's certainly a beautiful vehicle. By the way, my name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative with the Chrysler Information Center and I wanted to let you know that if you happen to need information or have any questions regarding your new Pacifica, feel free to ask. I will research the information and provide you with a response in a timely manner.

In the meantime, have fun with your new Pacifica!!!

I'll be around.

Miguel M.
  • notradevaluenotradevalue Member Posts: 1
    I'm not trying to burst your bubble,but. I jumped on the 2004 FWD.Could not wait to get it. Had problems with guide arm bushings going bad. Had to be replaced,both right and left at 5000 miles. I traded it when the 2005 Touring became available. I had the same problem with the 05 at 10,000 miles noises when turning in front end. No recall.From CHRYSLER.
    I went online the other night to see the Bluebook,of this $33000.00 vehicle, with no dvd ,no sunroff, but everything else. I traded it yesterday, and got $19000.00 from a Lexus dealer. $1000.00 DOLLARS over bluebook. No damage in excellent condition, lest than a year old. Hope you don't have this problem, but the depreciation of value made me mad.
    From NOTRADEVALUE
  • steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    I don't think anyone paid $33,000 for any FWD Pacifica with no DVD, no sunroof, but everything else. I paid $25,400 for just the vehicle you described, with leather.It was new.

People (and car magazines and, yes ,Edmunds.com) throw MSRP's around like they mean something........They don't mean a damn thing. At the end of the day, what matters is supply and demand , and the price you actually pay to drive the whatever it is home to your garage.....

So let's all agree, no trade value, that $33,000 doesn't mean anything at all. Period............................
  • wesley1derwesley1der Member Posts: 49
    I'm leaseing a 04 Pac. I have about 5 mo to go on lease. Thinking I would like to buy at lease end, but buyout is several thousand above the price that they are selling for on the used car lots. Being you are a Chrsyler rep could you tell me how to contact some one to see if Chrysler would be willing to reduce the buyout price that would be more in line with the present value. Thank you, Paul
  • tristan1tristan1 Member Posts: 39
    It's been 2 months since I bought my 04 Midnight blue PAC AWD. all options except uconnect. I got it for $26k it has 17k on it. So far so good, aside from the center front speaker caving-in that dealer replace the clip that holds the vent for free. Every morning I wake up eager to drive. Just came back from 7 hrs. drive, very comfortable. My kids enjoyed the dvd player. Any news when the updated DVD for the nav is coming out? BTW, I have no regrets trading my 1999 Pathfinder.
  • aliwil07aliwil07 Member Posts: 5
    Hello all! We purchased our 2005 Pacifica Touring in Stone White two months ago. Has light taupe leather and 6disc dvd, but we didnt' get the dealer's video screen added. Hindsight is 20/20! With three kids and no way to add an aftermarket to the DVD, it looks like we will install a separate DVD player and headrest monitors! I went from a Yukon XL to the Pacifica - I miss the cargo room, but love the gas mileage (about 17-18 in town and up to 24 on the highway)! We were looking for something sporty with better gas mileage and comfortable room for a family of five. Not to mention safe - the Pacifica fit the bill. We have added tinted front windows, low profile wind deflectors, chrome tailpipe cover, chrome window pillars and new speakers (factory ones were the worst I had ever heard!!!) Too bad Chrysler set it up so you couldn't do too many modifications to sound and video without paying an arm and a leg and maybe your firstborn to the dealer! - that is the one thing that may keep us from buying another!
  • pacfanpacfan Member Posts: 7
    Hi there where did you buy your wood dash kit? the name you gave isnt working-- Thanks!
    I bought an 04 Pacifica in stone white and light taupe leather in January 04, because I liked the looks of the Pacifica, but it is a vehicle that only really appealed to me in the lighter colors and a light interior...........

I never get tired of looking at the Pacifica from any angle, and that is all I need to know that I made a good choice, no matter the inevitable shortcomings it may have...............

I recommend the mudflaps front and rear, Sirrius satellite radio, and the black door edge guards as further additions to the custom look............
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    I think the black edge door guards just ruin the look of any car. Why would you want to emphasize the door openings that designers and engineers work so hard to minimize and make as small as possible? The vertical black lines do nothing to improve the appearance of a car, although they may make you feel better in a tight parking space when you bash your neighbors car. ;)
    In the white Pacifica, the black trim already stands out on all the rest of the car, so the door edge guards don't really stand out . I mean , there is a lot of black trim on a Pacifica in the first place.

The door edge guards do not look bad on this Pacifica. They are small, rope like, and just add a little bit of a sporty break to all of the horizontal lines of the car. Not to mention the scratch prevention idea..............

The dealership that put them on mentioned they looked good........I say it depends on the car or Truck you are talking about.................... :shades:
  • aliwil07aliwil07 Member Posts: 5
    The door trim guards are actually chrome and black and tie in very well with the chrome pillars and the rest of the black trim on the vehicle. If I can ever figure out how to post a picture, I'll let you see for yourself.
    I did not have chrome pillars on my 04 Pacifica, so the black door edge guards I think look better, as I have just the regular alloy wheels, not the chrome ones......

As I said before, the door edge guards do not stand out very much, considering the amount of black trim already on the vehicle...........................
  • hjmhjm Member Posts: 3
    Gene- I'm in Syracuse...have you spoke with any other Buffalo (read:snow ice snow driving)PAC owners who have used thie FWD in the winter? Do you think you will put snow tires on?
  • silver05silver05 Member Posts: 2
    3weeks old 2005 Bright Silver w/ Taupe Leather package, purchased thru AAA pricing agreement ....................$22680.00!
    After-purchase upgrades:
    Window tinting
    SS Exhaust Tip
    20" MB Italia wheels
    275/40/20 Hankook Tires
    Coming soon:
    Eibach springs
    Moonroof
    Custom grille
    Stereo upgrades
    imageimageimageimage
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    If I scroll those images to the right (to see all four of them) it seems that you have a fog light on the left side, but no fog light on the right side ?!?! Am I wrong ??
  • silver05silver05 Member Posts: 2
    You are correct, the photo with no fog lamp was taken 5 days after purchase and I installed a Mopar fog lamp kit (#82209236AB) 3 days later. GOOD CATCH!
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Well ... it occurs naturally to me !
    I am paid to be picky !
  • turbid_timesturbid_times Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 Limited Demo with 5000 miles on it. Paid 33,700. MSRP was 42,120. It has everything. Any comments? Thanks. :confuse:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Congratulations on your new Pacifica!

You might want to take a look at what others paid in Chrysler Pacifica: Prices Paid & Buying Experience. Also, please tell us about your purchase experience there.
  • hoyasalahoyasala Member Posts: 2
    brought a 2004 AWD with 35K on it. want to know how to get the fog lamps working ? did not see any switch for the same. Please help me out. :surprise:
  • nelson33nelson33 Member Posts: 100
    Left stalk. Pull top portion of left stalk out, ie pull out to the left. A little green fog light will appear below the speedometer.
  • hoyasalahoyasala Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info.... I will try it out tonight an my ride back home. :)

Left stalk. Pull top portion of left stalk out, ie pull out to the left. A little green fog light will appear below the speedometer
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    2 weeks ago I was rear ended by a Ford Expedition and pushed into a Toyota Pickup truck. The Ford left the scene of the accident and has not been seen again. The rear bumper of the Pac was push in but no body damage. The front bumper was pushed into the grill which then pushed the radiator and cracked the upper left corner. And again not body damage. It was quite a jolt and I have to say the seat absorbed the impact very well. I was a little sore for a couple of days but other than that nothing.

The bottom line, $3,500 in damage, no body damage and no personal injury. I am very impressed with the vehicle and am looking forward to getting it back on the road. After 45k miles it is still one of the best vehicles we have owned.

Long term happy Pac owner. :D
  • citymomcitymom Member Posts: 8
    I have owned a 2004 pacifica since nov 2003...the car is leased for 39 months @$409 monthly...........My maturity date can not come fast enough, which is 3/07.....I HATE this car!!!!!!!!

It has been in the shop 17 times....by the time I turn this car in it will have everyhing in it is brand new............
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    Interesting, I also own a 2004 Pacifica, leased in Nov 2003...the car is leased for 39 months, $306 monthly.
    The only time mine has been in the shop is for the free oil changes every 3000 miles. :confuse:
  • klcblinkklcblink Member Posts: 1
    I've admired the Pacifica since it was introduced..........and finally got around to buying one. Found a loaded 05 Touring model (11k - driven by the dealer's Finance Manager). Stone white, dark charcoal leather......and most of the bells & whistles (nav, sat radio, DVD, etc.). The only problem I have with it is that it barely fits in my garage!!! It takes me 5 minutes to park the thing. I had to use spray paint to create some "parking guidelines" so I don't hit the rear wall (not equipped with the backup sensor - wondering if I should purchase one?).

In the end, the Pac has great safety ratings, is absolutely gorgeous and is exceptionally comfortable. I've already had several complete strangers ask me about it (cost, features, etc.). So far, so good.
  • jgranellijgranelli Member Posts: 4
    I bought a brand new 2004 loaded Pacifica that listed at 44,600 in Feb of 2004.I now have 68000 miles on it and brought it back to the dealer for the first time last week!It was a squeaking tentioner on the serpentine belt. The only maintenance I have performed is that I replaced the front brake pads at 45000,use only synthetic oil and change it four times a year,replaced the original tires at 65000 miles and use a K&N air filter which I clean 4 times a year.I consistently get 17.5 to 18 mpg in mixed driving and have received as high as 23.1mpg on pure highway driving.I always use 87 octane reg gas and have no problem with engine performance.The car still rides like a dream with not one rattle. My other car is a 2004 Honda Pilot with 34000 miles it's been back to the dealer at least 4 times!I think my Pacifica thinks it's Japanese manufactured! I guess I'm lucky compared to problems that other people are having.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Congrats on your new Pacifica! Be sure to gush about it in the New Pacifica Owners - Give Us Your Report discussion!
  • mimmamimma Member Posts: 5
    I loved my 2005 touring Pacifica from day one, but now at 36,000 I am buring oil. I burn about 1 quart every 1,000 miles, which the dealer states is normal. I have talked to many mechanics who say this is absolutely NOT normal and they would never accept it. I am going to get rid of it because I don't trust that it won't lead to problems down the road. I am dissapointed because the car is everything I could want. It rides great, look great, it is roomy and comfortable. I wish this problem could be fixed. I feel I got a car with a bad engine, probably just bad luck, but the dealer and corporate won't give on this issue. So it has really soured me on Chrysler products. Good luck to all of you!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    keep complaining, keep visiting the dealer, have them start a measuring profile where you get the oil measured every 1k miles. you have a 75k mile warranty. why give up so early and take a big hit on trade-in?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I went six thousand miles a few times between changes so they are trying to throw out my warranty. Keep your receipts, and if you want your warranty to stick do your scheduled maintenance work. I know they are wrong, but I feel I can't win this because of the oil changes. What is interesting though is that this didn't start until after a 27,000m oil change.
    ?? Isn't the manufacturer's suggested interval 7500 miles??

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

No, the manual explicitly states that "under no circumstances should oil changes intervals exceed 6,000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first", but for my climate and driving circumstances it recommends changing the oil every 3,000 miles. Do you have information that states something else? Interestingly, there is nothing in hear about needing to add oil ofcourse.
    I have to check my manual when I get home. We bring it in when the maintenance reminder tells us, but I believe that has exceeded 6k miles. Maybe I am wrong.

I could be getting confused with my Honda.

• mnpacownermnpacowner Member Posts: 1
    I have an '04 Pac that I use for business, putting about 30K miles per year on it. Recently it seems like I'm having nothing but problems. Other than normal maintenance and tires, I've had a rash of (expensive) problems lately. First I had to replace the upper strut mounts (and struts, while they were at it). Now the oil drain plug is stripped and I'll have to replace the pan, and the cruise control doesn't work. I have about 90K on it now. This is my favorite car ever, and we've even discussed buying another, but not if they are all this expensive to maintain. Has anyone else had these problems?
    well, struts and mounts shouldn't cost much, unless they are overcharging. Who stripped the oil drain plug? Of course, that's no fault of the car's. Someone stripped it.

What's up with the cruise?

Our cruise gave us a fit for a while, where hitting accel or decel would actually shut the system off altogether. But the dealer couldn't replicate (big surprise). It eventually just went away.

hey mimma. sorry i forgot to come back and update ya. I did check the manual, and it does say as you stated. 6k miles.

I think we have smoothed things over with the dealer.They are going to check the oil for us every 1K miles like you suggested. However, two days ago I started having something new happen. When I am going under 10-20 miles, after I step on the gas, I feel a clunk. Sometimes it happens with the brake, but mostly the gas. Vague description, I know, but that is the best word to describe it. Anyone know what that might be?
  • kkodalkkodal Member Posts: 34
    Hi MIMMA
    it sounds like the motor mounts to me.you might as well have the dealer check the mounts.
  • nbeannbean Member Posts: 1
    Try checking the nuts on the wheel axles. Our 06 was clunking because they had backed out.
This discussion has been closed.