Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your !
Pacifica.

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owners Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owners Clubs

Comments

• russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    My name is Russ Klass, and I live in Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo).
    We took delivery of our Bright Silver/Taupe Pacifica on May 3rd, paying dealer invoice price.
    MSRP is $40,385, so it is pretty well loaded.
    Additions so far are wood dash kit (woostrim.com), rear bumper step and cargo envelope (Mopar), and a stainless steel exhaust tip (stylinconcepts.com).
    Only minor problem in the first 1,200 miles was a crecked center-dash speaker which was quickly replaced.
    The Pacifica follows two 300Ms, and we are very satisfied with it so far.
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    My name is Charlee Smith and my wife Sandee and I live in Templeton, CA. We bought our Satin Jade w/ light toupe-jade interior Pacifica on April 14 for the same MSRP as Russ. We are extremely happy with it. We considered and tested the Nissan Murrano, Accura MDX, Volvo XC-90 and Lexus RX-330. The Pacifica was an easy choice, with the RX-330 in second. We have yet to see another Pacifica on the road, even on our trip to So. Calif. last week. I like something different, but my wife always says "different doesn't mean better". In this case, different is the best.
  • hayemhayem Member Posts: 8
    Hi my name is Machelle Vanderlick and I live outside of Tampa Fl, in the clearwater area, I bought my pacifica, beginning of may, I was driving a bmw wagon, and I commute with my 2 kids daily, 60 miles +- daily, the wagon was getting too cramped with not enough bells and whistles for what I paid for it, ( I had only owned it for 4 months)when I went back to the bmw dealer to trade in and possibly upgrade to the suv, I was very upset with run around I was getting, and the BMW suv in it's self, less room (cargo) than the wagon, thus I went shopping( women love to do this) In the back of my mind I knew the pacifica was getting out and I called a few local dealers. the 2nd dealer I went to had one in stock LOADED, if I was going to look at one, it had to have EVERYTHING, I needed, needless to say I fell in love, the car was superb over the BMW, and the room and bells and whistles(dvd) navigational system are great!!!!!, I now have 960 miles and am averaging 15.8 MPG it keeps going up!!!. The only thing I did right away was take out one of my 2nd row seats allowing an aisle for my one kid to get to the rear and allowing the other into the 2nd row seat(still in baby seat), also allows me to just open rear passenger door and throw stuff in, ie, groceries etc... sorry my tale is soooo long, I just have so much too brag about and want to share my excitement and joy of owning the pacifica and being the new kid on my block with something that everybodies wondering, What is it?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Welcome Pacifica owners!

I'll have to admit that I've yet to see one on the road in my area. I may have to drive by a dealership and check one out.

If you're concerned about privacy issues, you don't have to post your full name and/or home city. First name and home state is sufficient.
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    Thank you Karen for setting this up. I know that this is just the beginning of the club, but trust we will have some great discussions. My name is Dennis and I purchased a Pacifica just over a week ago. I and everyone I have shown it to are very impressed with it. I am looking forward to seeing what additional accessories become available to personalize the cruiser. I will be embarking on a cross US trip on June 3 moving our 2 cats in the Pacifica from the San Francisco area to Naples, FL. I am looking forward to a fun trip in our new car.
  • mrpacifiedmrpacified Member Posts: 7
    My name is Doug and we live in the Boston area. Took delivery of an Inferno Red Pacifica about a month ago and have already racked up 3K miles. What a beautiful design. Thanks Karen for setting this up. I look forward to checking in frequently.
  • jerrykohjerrykoh Member Posts: 15
    I'm Jerry and i live in the suburbs in greater seattle. The pacifica has been a great addition to the family, now i can ferry my twin girls in style and not compromise driver legroom (i'm tall). I share a butane blue AWD pacifica with my wife.
  • pacificaoregonpacificaoregon Member Posts: 38
    I'm Artie and we took delivery of a Midnight Blue AWD fully loaded minus the Navigation system on May 10th. I'm hoping that this will provide many years of happy driving and utility here in the Pacific Northwest as we travel both to the coast and Mt. Hood on a regular basis. I'm jealous that it is the wife's car. I love to drive it when I can.
  • par72manpar72man Member Posts: 2
    Took delivery of a black/taupe pacifica yesterday, having a ball playing with all the options. Traded in a LHS, definite upgrade and much more fun vehicle to own and drive. Enjoying all the attention from admirers.
  • tjdrn97tjdrn97 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. We are Tom & Jeannie from Dallas, TX. Our Pac was purchased May 25. We LOVE driving it! Tom is a little concerned about the MPG. I would like to have some more input from ya'll regarding this issue. We only have 500 miles on it so far and are getting about 16.4 average--combination city/highway. We're hoping it gets better. We paid just a little over $30K. (loaded enough for us) I've only seen two on the road here in Dallas. It's beautiful and comfortable.
  • rever2rever2 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, My name is Bill, from New York’s Capitol District. My wife and I bought our Pacifica in late April. We had a T&C for five years and was looking to buy an other van, but the Pacifica exceed all our needs, and did you ever remove a rear seat from a T&C? We now have a little over 1500 miles and are quite pleased with it. Driving is a dream, with its smooth and quite ride. We are retired and hope to take many trips with this vehicle. Did I mention the comfortable smooth ride?

We got the sunroof, power gate, 6 CD, chrome wheels, and full sized spare tire. Our mpg is averaging about 17 for local driving, and on a recent trip on two lane country roads we got 19 mpg (150 miles / 7.9 gal.). In a couple of weeks we are going to take a longer trip and expect to get even better mileage
  • delbertcadelbertca Member Posts: 1
    THIS CAR REPLACES A '90 MAZDA MPV THAT SURVIVED 3 KIDS FROM BIRTH TO 13 YEARS AND THE PACIFICA WILL HAVE A BIG SET OF SHOES TO FILL (178,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES). AS A CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP PARTS MANAGER I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE INTRODUCTION OF THIS MODEL SINCE ITS CONCEPT PHASE, AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH OUR CHOICE. OURS IS A LOADED ALMOND/TAUPE AWD WITH ALL BUT THE HEATED SEATS. IT WILL DO DUTY IN THE FOOTHILLS OF NO. CALIFORNIA, SUMMERS TO 110 DEGREES AND WINTERS TO 20 DEGREES WITH SOME SNOW CHALLENGES. SIX YEARS AGO WHEN I STARTED WITH CHRYSLER I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE VEHICLE QUALITY, BUT AM NOW AN AVID PROMOTER OF THE COMPANY AND THEIR PRODUCTS.
    I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP ANY FELLOW OWNERS WHO HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS OF CHRYSLER/MOPAR AND WILL POST ANY IMPORTANT INFO THAT MAY COME UP.
  • keladewigkeladewig Member Posts: 4
    Saw a reference to this board from the AllPar forums so thought I'd check it out. I'm Kristin from St. Louis, and I ordered my Pacifica the first day custom orders could be placed back in March. Took delivery in late April. I have the AWD in Satin Jade with Dark Jade/Light Taupe interior. My options include the heated seats, power liftgate, sunroof, Sirius Satellite Radio (AWESOME!), and full size spare tire. Traded in my 98 Sebring Coupe. Still can't believe I've actually got one - I've been obsessed with the Pacifica since I saw it as a concept in January 02!
  • rparianrparian Member Posts: 4
    Hi, my name is Rich and I live in NH with some pretty tough winters. Just traded in my Audi quatro for a new
    fully loaded Pacifica except for DVD. Ihave about 500 miles on the vehicle and I love it. Other vehicles I test drove and considered buying:
    Mercedes E320 Wagon. (Too Expensive)
    Mercedes c 320 wagon 4 matic (Too small)
    Lexus 330 SUV. Nice, but no cigar.
    Infinity - nearest dealer 1.5 hours away.
    Audi quattro wagon (Nice but Pacifica beats it in every way)

I do not think you can beat the Pacifica for practical use or price. The luxury and the ride and features are truly great.
  • maxmommaxmom Member Posts: 62
    I've been waiting since May 8th to post to this topic. I'm Mona in Tennessee and I took delivery of my Pacifica just this morning.

It is a FWD, Butane Blue with Light Taupe cloth interior. It is absolutely gorgeous and drives like a dream. The only option I added was a moonroof. The retail was $32,125. I purchased for $30,500 + $75 doc fee. In addition, I did receive the $1,000 incentive and 3.9% APR.

Thanks to all you fellow posters. The information I imparted from this board was invaluable in making this purchase and really feeling good about it.

Right now, I have many button functions to figure out.

Best to all,

maxmom
  • foxgofoxgo Member Posts: 27
    You mentioned that you got the $1,000 incentive, but you dod not say whether it was for lease loyalty or not.

Were you driving a Chrysler product previously, or did you receive the $1,000 incentive regardless of what type of car you used to have?
    My dealer said that had we not owned non-Chrysler vehicles we would not have qualified. He made copies of my registrations of non-Chrysler vehicles to support the incentive.

I believe he is mistaken, I think if you're breathing and can buy/lease, you qualify. Since I was getting my thousand, I didn't argue.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    waiting for mine (its code letter I right now) supposed to ship end of last week ... but hoping they just didn't up date the computer status code.

the dealer did bring up the rebate but I asked and they said OH its up on a site some place !!! I said yepp and pulled out a print out of the website with HIGHLIGHTED YELLOW on the or Non-Chrysler Competitive Vehicles (since I am trading a Highlander) they updated my purchase agreement with the $1000 as long as it arrives by end of the month (rebate ends 06/30/03) !!

plus got all my options listed on the purchase agreement installed price. Getting the mudflaps in gray (closest to the butane blue bottom facia which is like a midnight blue) and the scuff guard for the tailgate, wheel locks, toe package receiver with wire harness (why they have to charge for both is beyond me) should be all included. and U-Connect since I couldn't order it ON my pacifica (and no one knows why but its pulled as a factory option) but the Mopar one arrived in less then a week !!! its here and ready to be installed. ticked that they don't have the factory option available with the upgraded console.
  • ms_mayorms_mayor Member Posts: 113
    Woo Hoo! Just returned home with my shiny new Pacifica!

It's a FWD model,light almond pearl exterior with light taupe leather interior, a beautiful color combination.

Options include heated seats, DVD entertainment system (I've got 2 kids...they're in heaven!), cargo convenience group, power liftgate and chrome wheels.

My husband thinks its a great looking vehicle (he let me totally control the selection and purchase, since it would be mine!), and the drive home was his first inside one. Very comfy ride, he said.

Maxmom was right about all the fun buttons! Fortunately, a lot of the controls are familiar to me because of my husband's LHS, but there's still a lot to figure out.

Russ, I'll be reading my manual into the night <grin>.

Thanks to everyone for all your posts about the Pacifica! They really helped my purchase experience.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone else and enjoying my new Pacifica!!

Connie
    Connie -

Don't you just love it! I, too, was in control of this purchase, but my husband thinks I did exceptionally well.

It's a great vehicle and I feel I have a wonderful support group surrounding this purchase.

Happy Driving,

Mona
    Well we made it all the way across the US in 4 days. We averaged just around 22mpg at an average speed of 68mph. I don't think that is too bad. We were getting around 21.6 @ 75 through Nebraska and Wyoming. The ride was great. The seats are very comfortable and the car is very quiet. I have to hand it to Chrysler, they have a winner.
    well first day impressions ... mixed.... I got a Butane Blue custom ordered AWD, Cloth, PowerHatch, HID Lights, DVD Video, Wheel locks, scuff pad, bug guard, mud flaps, and tow hitch package, cargo package, full size spare, and Mopar U-Connect and NAV system.

hmm where to start:
    1st: why do they have one touch down but NOT one touch UP windows (at least on the drivers side) perfect for toll booths.

2nd: why did they not provide a secure gas cap cover that can only be opened from inside the car (now I need to get a locking gas cap !!),

3rd: too much plastic on the outside feels cheap when I was cleaning it. the rear spoiler should be a painted fiberglass or steel, the bottom is all plastic ... this things going to cost a fortune if I get in a small fender bender.

4th: The NAV system is missing a BIG feature. the ability to save your current position in the addressbook. You need to input the address. My Acura had an option to quickly map the current spot and just type in a name. Great for mapping places that you know you will return to and not have to type in the street address. Plus no way that I saw yet to show Long./Lat. for where you are from the GPS readings.

5th: the delay for pressing the key option setting ONLY affects the PowerTail gate button. the lock and unlock still work instantly. no matter what setting the key fob is in !!!

6th: the cargo net they give you is useless... I want a cargo pouch to put stuff in and not have basically a cargo barrier.

other then those items and NO daytime running lights !!! I would have thought with Auto setting the lights would come on in daytime mode. but ONLY the CANADIAN models do :(
    Just played around with the NAV system some more and missed that the GPS data is shown on the bottom (duh) and did find the way to input your current location (well kindof) you have to move the pointer over where you are and then press ENTER and it will pop up the current address and then you can add that to the addressbook. not userfriendly but doable.
  • boiler1boiler1 Member Posts: 56
    Took delivery of my black w/ dark gray leather Pacifica last night. It's pretty well loaded with Nav, DVD, heated seats, roof, power tailgate and chrome wheels. Now that I own it, I like it even better than I thought I would! After a truck based SUV the Pacifica is a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for their input to this message board, both positive and negative. Your comments helped me decide between Lincoln Aviator, Infinity FX35 and Pacifica. I think I made a good deal and even pointed out a thing or two to the dealer. Definitely more bang for the buck.

Now my only problem is wrestling it away from my wife!!! :-)
    so far pretty pleased with my purchase. it does turn heads on the highway ... last weekend at the sobriety check point the cop said nice car !!! although the other cop thought it was a Murano (but it was 12 AM at night)...

not getting that great of mileage. avg about 15.5 to 16 mpg. a drop from my highlanders 19 mpg for the same driving area and style. here with hills and the air conditioner going ... it does feel a little underpowered. I guess I will have to wait for the "sports" edition. I would love about 40 more HP and 5 speed transmission with a little stiffer suspension for it to be the perfect SUV crossover.

with the HID lights in the front changed out my h7 high beams to the Phillips VisionPlus+ bulbs to give them a little more brightness :) now waiting for Phillips or Slvania to make VisionPlus+ Fog Light Bulbs. Those blue xenon bulbs actually put out LESS light in all real tests I have read.

Can anyone confirm that their DVD screen stays lit even though they shut the screen ? or if they play a DVD with the screen closed can they see the light showing that the screen is still on ?? thanks
  • LohengrinLohengrin Member Posts: 84
    Well, I bought this car very quickly and since my husband is deployed in Iraq, to this day he does not know yet what I've done. He has at least heard of the Pacifica, because someone lent him a motortrend magazine, but he doesn't know he now owns one. So I'm looking for as many positive reviews as I can find so I can print them and mail them to him...to ease the likely shock. Ours is a AWD silver Pacifica...For us the need was to have a vehicle that could carry our two kids and thier car seats, a collie, and be comfortable for both a small and large driver...and carry enough household goods to tie us over when the military packs us up and moves us...which is frequent. Any good or honestly not so good reviews are what I'm looking for.
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    Lohengrin, tell your husband you have purchased the safest, most comfortable vehicle with cargo carrying ability for a four-person family that you could buy without spending at least $10,000 more. He will love the memory seat, pedals and mirrors features since it makes changing drivers so easy. A mini-van could have given you some more room for stuff during your moves (mainly more height in the cargo area for stacking things), but why have what is probably less than 10% of your driving time dictate less comfort and convienence for the other 90% of your time?
       He should also like the attention the Pacifica will get. The first two months I had my Pacifica, it seemed that only men turned their heads when they saw it (I told my wife that she could find comfort in the fact that it was a guy-magnet and not a girl-magnet). But for the last week 3 out of the 4 who had questions and comments on the Pacifica were women. They all loved it.
         If your husband needs more convincing that you made the correct choice, have him talk to me, but I don't think that will be necessary. Give our best to your husband. They all have done a great job in Iraq. We couldn't be prouder!
  • spnteachspnteach Member Posts: 7
    Hello -

I'm looking forward to reading more on this list and comparing notes. My husband and I bought our Pacifica on Saturday and are enjoying it. We were looking at the Highlander, Pilot, Forester, Endeavor and basically every car that is in that same class. The Pacifica wasnt even on our radar screen until we started researching. We stopped in for a test drive after passing by the dealership and were pleasantly surprised. We ended up finalizing the deal that night. It seems that with this car, as far as the available options go, you get more bang for the buck. I think we got a fairly good deal at $5K below the sticker price -- I'm sure we could have done a lot better it seems after reading the posts (which I should have read BEFORE dealing) but hindsight is 20/20. Now we are trying to figure out where we can drive it all the time!

-Janel in Maryland
  • ub302ub302 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all. My name is Bob and I live in Delaware. I purchased my Pacifica May 2nd. I just sold a 98 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and was looking for a new Town & Country. My wife and I saw the Pacifica sitting out front of the dealership. WOW!!! Took it for a test drive and we were sold. Midnight blue with light toupe leather interior. Got all the options except the sun roof, navigation system, and entertainment system. I've put 5100 miles on this beauty and averaging 22.5 mpg highway. Until we test drove the Pacifica, we hadn't even heard of it, but we're both exceptionally pleased with the purchase. I'm a bit of a technonerd and a part time ratchet head and I've never driven anything like this. I've always been impressed with the Infinity sound system that Chrysler uses but this sound system is totally awesome! It's about time that Daimler shared it's Mercedes technology with Chrysler...and a fine job they've done. The handling is superb, the ride is quiet and when I punch down on the gas pedal this baby hauls! From the infrared sensors for climate control to the automatic load leveling to the tire pressure sensors...this vehicle has it all. The memory for seat, pedal, mirror and radio settings for two different drivers is a must. I sure was tired of banging my knee when getting into our vehicles after my wife drove...she's so short, she straddles the manifold when she drives, and never puts the seat back so that I can get in. Not a problem with the Pacifica. The safety features blow me away. Knee bags for the driver?!! Unbelievable, and side air curtains for the rear passengers. This is the first vehicle that we've had automatic rear view mirror tinting for headlights and to include that for the driver's side view mirror?!!! This thing has more buttons, motors, sensors, lights, gizmose and gadgets than you can shake a stick at. ...and the power lift gate? Oh ya baby. Bond...James Bond. Have any of you pushed the us/m button while your driving? It will freak you out!! It automatically changes the speedometer from miles per hour to kilometers per hour. Whish I had this vehicle when I was in Germany. I'm telling you, we couldn't be more pleased! A head turner? You better believe it! I've had people walk around it in the parking lot just looking and walking around and around and around. I've seen people stop and point and get all excited. I saw a guy making a left turn next to me, turn his head so far that I thought he was ET!! It's a rich, stocky, powerful looking vehicle. It's wide stance says "let me at the road". Heck...I'm starting to sound like a commercial (LOL). We've got a road trip to California in September...I can't wait!!! This truly is a touring vehicle...with style, comfort and safety that won't quit.
  • pfschimpfschim Member Posts: 29
    I am Paul from the SF East Bay area and I just purchased a Black Crystal/Dark Slate cloth AWD Pacifica. No DVD (kids are too old to care)and No NAV (just one of those guys who reads maps). We paid 29,240 on a new (non-demo) model. Also got the Chrysler $1k rebate in the deal.

This car will replace a 96 Ford Windstar that we drove the heck out of as a family car for 9 years. It's quite a step up for a family hauler and I liked the look and feel of it during test drives, but my own daily ride is an Infiniti G35 and so the Pacifica still feels very much like a bus (very nice bus) to me.

We shopped Murano SL, Infiniti FX35 and Chryler T&C as replacements and my wife just felt that the Pacifica was her top choice so there we are.

I did own a 300M when they were first released, but was not a very happy owner (mechanical and dealer problems early on, rattle trap after a few years.) I was very happy to be rid of it so I am holding my breath to see how this Chrysler experience goes as far as quality is concerned.

As always, it's a pleasure to be part of the Edmunds discussion family. I have been an on/off member since I owned a '96 Mazda Millenia S. I Look forward to seeing on going comments and viewpoints here at Edmunds.

Happy Driving to all
  • tmacklintmacklin Member Posts: 2
    Tim & Paula in North Carolina

I got my wife a Deep Molten Red/Taupe FWD for her birthday. Loaded minus heated seats (I don't think I could bear the thought in the summer!) and the Nav. The first thing the kids said when they got in was, "Mommy where's YOUR car?" We traded in a '96 Caravan. And paid about $34K.

I've been a Lexus owner for 13 years and never thought I'd buy another American car. I drove the RX330, of course, and was immediately underwhelmed, especially considering the price.

The only problem I've had is that the dealership knows nothing about most of the new toys like the Sirius radio and the UConnect.

Looking forward to participating in this virtual community!
    Tim, did you get a factory installed UConnect ?? this would be the first factory installed one I have heard about. I waited over 2 months and finally ordered my pacifica w/o the option. (it was the one thing that started me looking at the pacifica). ended up w/ the aftermarket. Mopar add on. not as nice from what the manual says of the factory Uconnect

ps I also drove the Lexus 330 and did not like it at all. it was too cramped inside.
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    Purchased a Jade AWD 3 weeks ago and so far we love it. Traded in a 2002 300m that we also loved, but too hard to get in and out of. Also had a Jimmy and a Durango. This one tops them all.
    To "Cluelesspa"
       How about posting a picture of your hitch taken directly from the rear and down low so we can see what that factory hitch looks like.
    Trying to decide between that and the custom Hidden Hitch. Lots cheaper and no cutting of bumper.
    George, If you post your email address in your profile I will take a pic and email you it... don't want to burden people with Dial-up connections with too many posted pics ... it looks ok .. saw a few around here in Pittsburgh with them on as well. pleased after the dealer replaced the bottom facia with a new one when the scuffed the first one. it looks great now. the wiring harness plug is in a weird place, its up UNDER the bumper next to the spare tire. I got the 7 wire round plug. so I can use either 7 wire or 4 wire using an adapter. I wouldn't do the hidden one, unless you use a 2 inch raised receiver.... as it would be sitting pretty low... (like a minivan height)
    To cluelesspa
    Its posted
    Thanks
    got the address if you want to pull it... dont know when I will get to taking the photo (busy at work lately) but email you hopefully in the next few days
  • alg65alg65 Member Posts: 6
    Hello to all the PAC fans and prospective owners. I purchased our PAC at the end of July after looking at every car review I could find and getting a good idea of the value of my trade-in from edmunds.com. WE LOVE THIS VEHICLE... WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT.
    -the looks,the luxurious/solid/safe ride,the perks at a very reasonable value (dvd, gps, moonroof,leather, power door). I have already installed the mud guards,the anti-scuff guard for the rear bumper, and the chrome tailpipe (should have come w/ the car).

FYI...We traded in a loaded 99 Sienna XLE w/ 57k miles for $1.5k more than the Edmunds.com valuation and bought the vehicle for invoice(the wife of the dealer had put 1.5k miles on it-it was super clean.) We have 3.5k on it already and enjoying the ride.

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE ASSISTANCE THIS SITE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH MY PREVIOUS AND CURRENT CAR PURCHASES. YOU GAIN GREAT KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THE DIRECT EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS, THAT ULTIMATELY HELPS YOU MAKE THE BEST DECISION YOU CAN. THANKS, AL
  • rogerb3063rogerb3063 Member Posts: 2
    We purchased our butane blue Pacifica, 8/16/03, with most options except the nav system and power rear lift gate. We are very pleased with the ride, handling, comfort and appearance. My wife loves the adjustable pedals and the seating. We think Chrysler has a real winner with this suv?. I do know that we like it more after we bought it and have driven it that when just test drove it and that's a very good sign. We both highly recommend it.
    Just finished our first highway trip of about 850 miles total. 21.2 going and 21.6 on return. Has anyone gotten higher yet? Love this thing out on the road. Next week it goes to the Smokie Mountains for a week or two.
    We are getting 19-19.5 in town with 21-22 on the highway. We still get a lot of stares while driving. Even the dealership folks come out to look at it when I get the oil changed. We are loving this great car.
  • mostlyhappymostlyhappy Member Posts: 6
    Very proud owner of 6 weeks of an Oynx Green Pearl Pacifica. Thought about the bug guard but two things bugged me (pardon the pun, just had to), first the appearance, thought it would look like I am 83 and living in Miami (not that there is anything wrong with that) and second-thought that while the color of the bug guard would blend nicely with the Onyx Green color of the car/SUV/mininvan/crossover/touring sportster, BUT, in addition to having to wash the plastic screen carefully to avoid scratching..PLUS---having to try to wash beneath the guard to appropriately clean the under-hood area---thought it would be more of a pain in the trunk than I wanted--any experience on this out there?
    Got home yesterday from a trip to the Smokies in the PAC. Great through the mountains with the autostick. Better ride than our 300m. Return trip from Gatlinburg Tn. to Roselle, IL is 610 miles at 70-75 mph and 23.5 mpg. Mostly interstate and the AC on about 30% of the time. Same trip in the 300m many times at around 28.0 mpg. I'm well satisfied with the Pacifica at 4200 miles. Only one oil change and no problems. Headliner was low at one spot and they fixed it during the oil change. Plenty of power for our use and we don't feel like were riding on a truck bed like our Durango or Jimmy.
  • macwm1macwm1 Member Posts: 10
    We're also the very happy owners of an Onxy Green PAC AWD. The front bug guard blends very nicely with our PAC, and has worked quite nicely so far. You can also slide your fingers underneath it to clean and polish the hood. It seems as though the quard is made of polycarbonate, it has already withstood 2 rather nice sized stone or gravel impacts that would have cracked a plastic part. Also looks very sporting on the front!
    throw this in having been in the "plastics" business for 40 years. Polycarbonate is! a plastic. If molded correctly, it will not break.But then neither will many other "plastics"
    Polycarbonate does scratch easily though so be careful wiping it off.
  • mostlyhappymostlyhappy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks much for the responses macwm1 and monark49. Forgot to ask, does the bug guard require drilling of holes for installation?
  • macwm1macwm1 Member Posts: 10
    No drilling required, the instructions are fairly clear. The center of the guard utilizes the existing nuts from the Chrysler emblem- you need to replace the posts with the ones supplied. The ends are held in place with double sided tape.
  • 610bob610bob Member Posts: 3
    Hi, my name is Robert. Live in No. CA. Picked up my Pac (AWD, Oynx Green Pearl Coat, Light Taupe/cloth interior, sunroof, audio upgrade, chrome wheels, and cargo package) 1st of July after special order in May. Paid $34,250, less $1k incentive. I have installed a bug deflector, splash guards, bumper scuff pad, locking gas cap, and SS exhaust tip. Have 6k miles, traveling in CA from Santa Barbara, Lake Tahoe, Mt Shasta and Ft Bragg and I have thoroughly enjoyed this automobile. An excellant road machine, percise handling, amazing (quiet) ride. Have experienced little difficulty in hilly terrain... "autoshift" really works. During early trips, did not see any Pac on the road, however I got plenty looks. During my trip to Mt Shasta, I saw two on the road, one being driven by a staff writer at Edmunds. Had a chance to meet and talk to him about "our cars". I have yet to acheive the 17 - 22 mpg during my travels. 16.8 best yet, highway and AC going. Still hoping. Chrysler has a winner, a 'bad ride'. Thanks
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    Bought a new 04 Satin Jade Pacifica AWD with Leather seats, heated, power liftgate. I think alot of people are missing out not looking at the pacifica. Now with a 3k rebate you can get a 35k msrp for about 28k, maybe a little less. I leased mine with no money down (zero due at signing) for $370 39 months. The sticker was 35k. Love the car so far, great options. The only thing that was a problem in the first month is the rear wiper has to be reset, goes off the glass. Getting used to the rear vision will be a chore, rear sensor should be a must. I don't see the issue with gas mileage and pick up. The engine performs well. I do agree a 5 speed automatic would be nice but the auto stick feature compensates for it. Can't wait to see how it will perform in the New England Snow!
  • mccda07mccda07 Member Posts: 4
    ramzey28, How are you coming up with saving 7k below MSRP? Your vehicle with a 35K sticker would be about 31,800 less 3k rebate you are at just less then 29k. This is with you advertising fees added in. Why do you say 28k or less? What was dealer invoice on your vehicle and what did you negotiate below that. Please email me...you can find it by clicking my profile name. I am going to buy but have yet to find savings better then about 5500. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.