Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    Chrysler has a chrome tailpipe accessory for the Pacifica?
  • kylerckylerc Member Posts: 17
    have a look at msg#1033 in general disscussion.I also bought one and it does look good & it looks
    like it was supposed to be there,not an after market look.
  • andersdsandersds Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Pacifica with the Infinity Intemezzo Stereo upgrade for $700. How do you tell if you have the upgraded stereo system? I can only see 7 speakers and don't know where the subwoofer might be. How can I tell?
  • rickstratrickstrat Member Posts: 25
    The subwoofer is behind the third row seat on the right as you're standing at the lift gate. Another way to tell is put a good CD in the dash, sit in the driver's seat and crank the volume! You can feel the music.
  • sailme2sailme2 Member Posts: 8
    There have been questions about cargo liners. I just ordered a liner for my Pacifica that sounds very good. Anyone interested can check it out by searching Miracle Protector Cargo Blankets with your search engine. I will post more info after I receive it.
  • dmarsichdmarsich Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone installed an after market DVD screen connecting to factory installed 6 disc DVD Changer?
    I have seen a few others post the same question but no answers yet. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions with this situation.
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    I've asked the same question but no answers. I would assume you could plug directly to the red/white/yellow on the front of the changer and make it a sort of portable unit? anyone know? Target sells a great screen with controls and 2 inputs for wired headphones for around 170 bucks.Anyone know enough about it to say yes or no? thanks.
  • pacificaoregonpacificaoregon Member Posts: 38
    You cannot plug a screen into the red/white/yellow on the front of the changer. Those are "inputs" for a PS2 or XBox. I sprung for the built in monitor package as I didn't want to hassle with someone dismantling my interior to install one, much more chance for damage than just installing an aftermarket stereo. Good luck finding a solution.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    I originally thought I could plug my xbox in but the power the xbox uses is alot ... its far more then the lighter socket and a rectifier could supply... would need to wire the power converter directly to the battery :(

and yes the plugs in front are INPUTS and not OUTPUTS. you would need to find out where the wiring in the back is fed to the overhead screen and tap that to use and external video screen
  • ohpacificaohpacifica Member Posts: 6
    I installed 2 Sony headrest monitors in my Pacifica. You will need to purchase the wiring harness that connects to the back of the DVD changer (about $36). You'll need this just to have the connector to plug into the changer. There is a wiring pinout labeled on the top of the DVD changer. The service dept @ my dealer also printed out the wiring diagram for the A/V equipment for me.

Another note for those who have the standard radio w/200 watt amp: you can purchase the 380 watt amplifier ($264.00) and it will plug right into to the existing wiring harness. You'll gain quite a bit of power and surround sound. The seven speakers are the same whether you have the base or premium radio. The subwoofer makes the 8th speaker in the premium system. I'm waiting for an aftermarket solution for the sub. Chrysler cost is about $90 for the sub and $190 for the housing that holds it. Didn't price the other extras grill, screws, clips, etc for mounting.
    I assume you dont have the DVD flip down roof screen. Was wondering if the harness have standard RCA connectors that you tapped for the Sony headrest monitors ... (sounds sweet) how big are those headreast monitors?

Want to have a second monitor ... so if the hearness is RCA, I can just use splitters to split the signal to the existing overhead screen and a new screen
  • cs668cs668 Member Posts: 6
    When you added the wiring harness to your DVD changer was it already hooked up and wired to the ceiling?

I am basically wondering if I would cut through the ceiling material if the wiring for the factory LCD would already be there.
  • alisacalisac Member Posts: 19
    I just ordered my Pacifica for delivery in January (can't wait!!), and need a total of 4 sets of wireless headphones. The dealer has the mopar sets for $183 (CND$) plus tax, but this seems pricey, as I need 2 extra sets. Anyone find any wireless headphones that are compatible withthe Rear Seat Video System, and are cheaper?

Thanks.
    Ebay has them a alot.

I picked up the remote and 2 headphones for $60 + $10 shipping.
    cluelesspa, You are correct, I don't have the flip down screen. The sony headrest monitors are 6.5". The wiring harness does not have RCA connectors. It has molex connectors at each end. If you feel comfortable doing it, you can cut the wiring harness, buy RCA connectors at Radio shack to solder on and then plug those right into your video splitter.
    CS668, If you don't have the rear entertainment system, you won't have the wiring harness. You would have to buy it if you want to connect a monitor(s) to the DVD player.
    thanks for the reply (molex) thats like a standard plastic plug with 4 or more bayonette style plugs ?

as far as CS668 questions. I think he is asking if the they put the factory wirinig in already to the roof if you dont have the DVD monitor option. I am sure you would hate to cut the roof liner just to find out :(

the connector OHPacifica is saying is probabaly just what you need to plug into the DVD unit to get to the Video and Audio Out lines. ... I am guessing that this plugs into a nother Molex female plug that runs to the roof mounted DVD screen. Weather or not this wiring run exists in all cars .. hmm good question.
    If the wiring harness already runs to to roof then I can just buy the connector, hook it to the wire running to the roof, and then put in my own resonably priced roof mounted LCD.

If the wiring to the roof is not there then I would opt for the seat mounted LCD.
    I don't really know if the wiring is in the roof or not. I would doubt that it is, since the end that plugs into the DVD player is not there. There were no extra cables in the dash behind my DVD/Radio. You would probably want to confirm with the dealer whether or not there is any cabling in the roof.
  • alisacalisac Member Posts: 19
    I took your advice and looked for the wireless headphones on EBAY. Yesterday, I bought 2 headphones and a remote for $61.99 US (shipping included) or $82.00 Canadian. The dealer was going to charge me $421 Can. for the 2 headphones. Thanks muchly for your sage advice - this is a great place for questions!
    My kids like to listen to the same song over and over again. Even if it happens to be a song I like they kill it dead after about 100 repetitions. I figure that the headphones have saved the life of at least 7 songs already.

Hope you have a good winter. I'm from Minnesota so I can relate a little :-)
  • kylerckylerc Member Posts: 17
    Did any one order this as a dealer installed option?(canada-parts guy says different availability between U.S & here)I,ve had it on order for 7 months!Since I bought the vehicle and still no word.
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    How do you control the DVD menu with the Sony screens? I would assume you need a remote to make the selections.
    ANY chance you could give out the item numbers You will need to purchase the wiring harness that connects to the back of the DVD changer (about $36). I contacted my dealer today and the service man said it is a two piece harness and each part is about $70. Ohpacifica did you splice the wires to hook up your screens or how did you do it.
    The remote is not required. The DVD player can be controlled with the controls on the radio. The "seek" button selects the tracks and the tune button will allow you to fast forward or rewind.
    dmarsich, Your service man is correct about the 2 pieces. You only need one unless you are mounting a flip down on the roof. And I posted the wrong price for what I used. Here are the part #s for the wiring for the DVD player.

Wiring, DVD Jumper, Instrument panel 04869298AB
    Wiring, DVD to Screen Up to 3/03/03 04886399AE
    Wiring, DVD to Screen After 03/03/03 04869431AB

The first cable is what actually plugs into the back of the DVD player. It lists for $69.70(paid $52.28)

The DVD to Screen lists for $47.85(paid $35.89). This is what we ordered first as we were deceived by the description. This is actually the cable that would plug into the flip down screen.

I did cut the cable (opposite end of what plugs into the DVD) and soldered on RCA connectors from Radio Shack. This plugged right in to the box for the Sony monitor. Here is a pin out for the DVD player and wiring harness.

1 Grey/Tan Fused B(+) (didn't use, used power from 2nd row power outlet instead)
    2 Yellow/Grey Igition/ACC signal

3 No connection
    4 No connection
    5 Grey/Lt Blue Video Control(didn't use)
    6 Grey/Orange Video Signal(This is center for RCA connector)
    7 Grey/Dark Blue Video Return(didn't use
    8 No connection
    9 Violet/Orange Video Play Signal (didn't use)
    10 No connection
    11 No connection
    12 Shield (This is outside of RCA connector)
  • dmsammiedmsammie Member Posts: 2
    I am also wanting the U-Connect installed but the dealer seems to know very little about the availability and is trying to sell me an "add-on". Does anyone have the factory installed version and if so, how did you get it?
    Ohpacifica, you are awesome. Thanks so much for the info. I got the wiring diagram faxed to me by the dealer but your explanation is better yet. I am going to call him to get directions on removing the dvd, radio unit so I can get at the back. I am going to try something different and mount a 6" screen inside the sun glass compartment in front of my moon roof. It will take some cutting and custom fitting but I think I can make it work. I will keep you posted, and if you have any advice on removing the dvd player please let me know. My next step is finding out if I buy a set of factory wireless headphones and remote will it work with my system or do they run off of the factory flip down screen? any advice?
    The wireless remote and phones work without the LCD. You just need the DVD/CD Changer.
  • tjrusstjruss Member Posts: 14
    Hi All, I'm a new Onyx Green Pacifica owner (2 weeks now) and so far it's been great. It does take a little getting used to the limited rear vision. I did order the Autopark 2000 and expect to get it in a day or so. I read some previous posts for some of you that had ordered it. Any hints on the install? We're you successful? Any tips would be appreciated...
    Thanks!
    I was told if you dont order the UConnect Installed at the Factory, you can only get the Mopar accessory model... not as nice. but works great. with the Mopar access. you lose the called ID on your radio screen and using the speakers of the stereo as the handsfree speakers.
  • chealychealy Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to seriously upgrade the in-dash stereo to a Pioneer AVH P7500 DVD. My questions are:
    1. where can I find the proper trim piece/ dbl din and wiring harness?
    2. what functions will I give up? will I lose the auto mute via the nav system & steering mounted controls?
    3. What are the better speakers to fill the current spaces and can I still add the subwoofer?
    4. Will I have to lose the current DVD/CD changer in this process or can I keep it as an add-on to the new system?
  • pacificahelppacificahelp Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of anywhere to get an adaptor for this molex to RCA adaptor? I bought a screen, not understanding that it had to have a special connection. And of course I can't return it. Any help would be appreciated!
  • bfitzpatrick1bfitzpatrick1 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me how the UConnect hands free phone works? Do you just use your existing portable cell phone and plug it in? It sounds like it must be factory installed to get the full use the radio/CD speakers and dash. Appreciate any help on this? I am starting to shop for a Pacifica AWD.
  • bfitzpatrick1bfitzpatrick1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm shopping for a Pacifica through carsdirect.com and am looking for feedback on whether you feel these options are worth it:
    Navigation System?
    All Wheel vs. Front Wheel?
    Leather Upholstery?
    Heated Seats?
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    I think were you live will decide what options are best for you. I live in New England and AWD is a must---worth the money. Also Heated seats (which you have to have leather) is a great choice and well worth it. I wanted a Sunroof but couldnt find one with the vehicle color I was looking for. I think a Sunroof is especially needed for Southern region. I cant see spending 2k for the Nav. System unless you travel alot especially out of your normal area. The compass works for me. I think the DVD system is great if you have kids, was hard to find in most models. The 5.1 surround system is a toss up, depends on how much you really get into your music. Hope that helps, good luck. Let me know what you get. Im hearing most people are getting about 6k off Msrp.
  • rasldaslrasldasl Member Posts: 74
    I purchased and had the dealer install a number of accessories and the only one I was disappointed with is the door sills. They are metal and attach with double-stick tape on top of the plastic sills. Even when stuck on they don't look very good and they don't stay stuck on for long. Changes in temperature seem to make them expand and contract which loosens any hold the tape has on them. They just kept popping off. I finally had the dealer take them back.

The other accessories I got:
    front air deflector - was unsure about this but it is a nice one, molded in the shape of the Chrysler wing logo
    mud flaps all around - got the gray ones, they match the plastic on the car perfectly, only get black if you plan to paint them
    chrome tail pipe tip - very nice looking, should be standard equipment!
    wheel locks - not sure if anyone steals wheels any more but since I got the premium chrome factory wheels I decided better safe than sorry

Also - dealer tried to charge 4 hours labor to install the above. I had them go back to the Mopar book and look up the times recommended. They came back and cut my bill in half!
  • xineannxineann Member Posts: 37
    We have the Infinity Intermezzo 5.1, and we are having problems with the sound quality. We have a static/crackling noise, definitely on the treble end (it doens't ever completely go away) on all of the front and rear speakers. It only happens on certain cds...never the radio or dvd, but it is driving me nuts. Because of this, I believe at this point that it is not the system, but the speakers themselves. But, because it only happens in certain ranges on certain songs on certain cds, I think it might be that the speakers are not strong enough to handle the system. Has anyone upgraded their speakers, and if so, with what?

Thanks
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    It seems that Post 254 on Pacifica problems and solutions contains the answer - some CDs are poorly recorded. I have excellent Magnepan speakers at home and some CDs are a real disappointment. I get the best sound from vinyl records. On solution may be to record the problem CD music onto a tape (using noise reduction), then play it on the cassette player in the Pacifica.
  • xineannxineann Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for that info! That is what the car stereo shop told me too, that there are some cds with poor recording. It makes me believe it a little bit more to know that you have problems on your home system....what exactly are you getting on the home system as far as problems?
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    The poor quality CDs sound muddy - the music is not at all clear, with both the highs and lows seemingly flattened out.
  • pumarolopumarolo Member Posts: 17
    If I have had bought a $10k car, maybe my expectation of a nice audio system would be low.
    But don't you think that when you spend over 35k on a car you can expect a little bit of high quality?
    Why would I have to retape all my CD just to let it sound correct?

I don't think I have to compromise quality when spending that money. If DC is not willing to cooperate on this, then maybe my next car won't be DC anymore!

My wife she bought an Acura TSX, her audio system sounds excellent! her car was only 27k!
  • deezldubdeezldub Member Posts: 15
    Just got my update DVD for the navigation DVD.
    The Original DVD number was 56038 642AE.
    The New DVD number is 05064 033AA

Is this consistent with any one's new Pacifica? It is still missing some local streets, including the one where I live is not in a mapable area.

I thought that the newer ones were higher alphabetically, like ending in AG...

Anyone??
  • boiler1boiler1 Member Posts: 56
    I just got my Nav DVD update on Saturday and the version is 56038 642AG. According to the folks at customer service, the "AA" version fixed a problem with "AF" that had something to do with missing the whole state of Texas which probably only mattered to Texans (she said she wasn't too worried with that since she was in Michigan). Anyway "AA" and "AG" are the latest versions and cover 90% to 95% of the country. The only difference being that "AG" allows you to enter the menu in motion but under 10 MPH. Hope that helps.
  • jpeppingjpepping Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know of a good TV Tuner option to go with the DVD system??? In my case a TV tuner would be a better otption than watching DVD's. Current news, weather ect... Since most of my passengers are adults, not kids.

Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    thanks for all the info, the ability to enter the menu while moving even if under 10 mph is GREAT. lots of time I am entering stuff in stop and go traffic... what else to do while stuck in traffic ;-)

So I will ask for the AG or later release. boy it would suck to get the update and pop in the AF release and be in texas and not have ANY data !!! umm kinda of a small state to miss ..LOL
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    I just leased an 04' Pacifica, base model for $309 per mo., 0 down, 39 months, 12k per year.

I was wondering if the base model is pre-wired for the foglights. I know the stalk switch isn't installed, but a separate switch could be installed.
  • ecicero1ecicero1 Member Posts: 10
    There were questions as to where to purchase the exhaust tip for the Pacifica. The Pilot PM552 fits perfectly and looks great. I purchased mine at Auto Zone for $19.99. Stylinconcepts sell it for $34.95 plue S&H. J.C.Whitney sells it for $24.95 plus S&H. Today I found it at Walmart for $12.42. Try it you will like it.
  • jediknight2bjediknight2b Member Posts: 10
    For the nav dvd info, I was bidding on one on Ebay and it is the defective one you mentioned that was replaced.
    the exhaust tip at WalMart is not the same as the Pilot PM552. it is a lighter weight tip. I dont think it has the resonator or something. but not the same part. looks like it will work though.