Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• pscdocpscdoc Member Posts: 93
    Interesting idea bigdaddy1, let me know how it goes when you have decided on the final mod. I know what you mean as to having constantly different idea so to what look you want to achieve with the pac. I persoannly want the cleanest look possible, not too limo like or too rugged. Actually I am building it more towards a sportster with clean lines. Next mods coming up will be 1) dual exhaust 2) window tint 3) front grill replacement 4) rear camera/audio system. All this will probably take some time but its so fun doing them. Good luck bigdaddy1.
  • bigdaddy1bigdaddy1 Member Posts: 47
    I think I'll be doing your #'s 1 & 3 as well. Sounds good! I've already done the window tint, looks great. I really don't feel a need for #4. If I can convince my boss that we need that Paxton my life will be complete. She thinks I'm entering my second childhood. (Well, more like teenage years of fast cars and ......). Good luck!
    I looked into the paxton supercharger and have called all the local shops here and as of yet I have not found one shop that will or can do a custom fabrication for the paxton supercharger. Mind you that the paxton novi superchargers are not kits and only come with the supercharger block. You will have to have a shop custom fabricate ALL of the parts that go into the pac with the supercharger. As for the 'boss', my boss already ok'd this, lol.
    I was in a web site some time ago, not sure if it was Paxton's or one of their distributors. It listed by state the closet recommended installer. Many had dynameters and did custom speed work as well. There were 2 in Indy. and 2 west of Chi. I asked some friends around here and they suggested going only with a professional speed shop with dyno capabilities. Maybe your boss could tell my boss what a wonderful addition this would be to her new vehicle. HA, HA!
    HaHaHa! The catch is, yes its 'HER' vehicle. Can you convince her that it is worth the price of admission :). The pac is mainly my boss's vehicle also, but I seem to be driving it more, hehe. As for the paxton I am still looking for the right shop to do this. I saw none within any reasonable distance from my home on the recommended paxton site.
    Has anyone out there seen a pac grill where the chrome bars are both vertical and horizontal? My touring has the horizontal chrome bars, but the vert. are black. The all chrome looks like a 300c, with the "box" effect. Comments? Thanks.
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    I would say the 300c looks a little bit "toothy" because of those vertical chrome bars.

Pacifica looks more friendly ...
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I understand you have recently upgraded your halogen headlights for HID ones by purchasing them on eBay (I was watching the bidding). I'm thinking of doing the same thing -- was it a simple replacement or did you have to do anything extra to make it work? Was it worth the extra cost? Thanks.
    I think it is a great upgrade and I believe I got my money's worth on my winning auction, however, ordering a new set from the dealer was just too much. I wanted the HID's when I initially bought my pac but it didnt have the option and I didnt want to wait 6-8 weeks for an order. Anyways, the upgrade was very easy to do, basically plug n play.
  • amyb2amyb2 Member Posts: 11
    I read on here a while ago that someone had found an aftermarket chrome cover for the tailpipe that fits the Pacifica perfectly.If anyone has modified their Pacifica this way, please post where you purchased this chrome cover. I can't seem to find the original posting.
  • steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    Hello amyb2, I purchased a chrome tailpipe "tip" that fits perfectly over the existing tailpipe from my Chrysler dealer.

They gave me an accessory catalogue for the Pacifica when I bought the car, and I will tell you that the catalogue was a help because , as nice as my dealer is, they certainly don't push the Pacifica accessories....

I also bought the mudflaps for the Pacifica, which look good, just be prepared for a little more installation time on this one...

Bottom line, ask for the catalogue, it will help you to show them what you want.......
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    You can get the same stainless tip at Warshawskys (oops, I mean JC Whitney and Co.)for less money. Order on-line.
  • chrysmanchrysman Member Posts: 1
    bought stainless chrome tip from pep boys about $10.00 was a little long but it fit perfectly over existing pipe after cutting two inches off this included the same angle on end
  • tfudertfuder Member Posts: 36
    I bought my chrome tailpipe cover from Wal-Mart. It's made by Pilot. I'm sorry, I don't recall the part number, but I'm pretty sure I got my information for which one to buy from this forum, way back in the history.

It was something like $19 or maybe even less. Looks great, no cutting necessary.

Todd
  • crzyaimcrzyaim Member Posts: 58
    "I also bought the mudflaps for the Pacifica, which look good, just be prepared for a little more installation time on this one..."

I was reading your post and was wondering if you could tell me more about this. I have the rear mudflaps to install, and have not done it yet. Are they difficult to install or does it just take time? Any information you can share I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.
  • amyb2amyb2 Member Posts: 11
    They gave me an accessory catalogue for the Pacifica when I bought the car, and I will tell you that the catalogue was a help because , as nice as my dealer is, they certainly don't push the Pacifica accessories....

I wonder why they are not pushing the accessories catalog more. As much as I love my Pacifica, there are a few things that would make it look really smooth and finished, one is the chrome exhaust tip, in my opinion. I have bought a couple accessories now, but would like to see a picture of what is available as an aftermarket item. Guess I need to pay the dealer a visit, I dont see the catalog online. Thanks for all the info on chrome exhaust tips, I look into that soon!
    Amy
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    Make sure you get a stainless steel exhaust tip. Mine is chrome and it started rusting after 6 months.
    I had to remove the rear wheels to get the proper access to the wheel wells, you need to jack up the rear and use jack stands,

The instructions are abysmal, no words, just black and white chicken scratches, so just rehearse each move before you make it. I made a couple of false moves because I just didn't "visualize the end result" when I started into this project. Nothing tragic, just a couple of choice words (and extra time) as I drilled a hole in the wrong spot. Allow a couple of hours .....
    I will say the Mopar stainless tip , while more expensive than the WalMart issue, is of a high quality, and is covered by any Chrysler warranty...no rust problems and I live on the Texas Gulf Coast...
  • ingeniousguyingeniousguy Member Posts: 21
    I also purchased the CHROME tailpipe extension and it does change the look. However, it is also a little on the "long" end, so I continued trying to "push" the extension onto the muffler to find out that it was already at it's max.

Also, for anyone who may be interested, the Mopar front end protector (bra) is a MUST HAVE if you travel often. Excellent quality and makes the vehicle look a bit more sporty.

My two cents!
    Here are some pictures of modifications done to my '05 limited pac. The mods include: License plate mounting bracket painting, headlight/fog light bulb replacements, sunroof visor, chrome window trim, pillar and rear latch handle package, k&n air and oil filter, and a complete dual exahust system. Also have done an upgrade from regular halogen headlights to the HID headlight assembly. A number of small additions to the interior of the pac has also been done. Enjoy!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=16cf&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&- .done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=5afe&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&- .done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=cca8&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&- .done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=e347&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&- .done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=4f3f&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&- .done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pscdoc@sbcglobal.net/my_photos
  • tfudertfuder Member Posts: 36
    I checked last night, the tip I bought for my Pac about 6 months ago is from Pilot, number 522. It screws on, and is (supposedly) stainless steel. I've gotten no rust issues, so far. It does stick out a little from the bumper, but not enough to bump into it or anything, and I think it really adds a touch of class.

Todd
    Pscdoc, I must say ... beautiful area. Mountains, houses, parks, all of them look great.

What city is the closest to where those pictures were taken ? Even if those houses are probably outside my price range, still I'd like to take a closer look ...
    I am in Valencia, California and the pictures were taken at a local park nearby.
    I have to disagree on the "long " end comment 100%, it is exactly the right length.

I will also disagree 100% with the "bra" idea, I travel often and have found the Mopar custom "rock and bug" deflector serves my needs admirably , exactly follows the contours of the leading edge of the hood, and no worries about taking on or off..........

It is smoked, translucent plexiglass, "tones down" the slightly overdone grille in ln the Pacifica, and affords rock and bug protection to the (expensive, I'm sure), windshield that a "bra" doesn't match.

I also wonder about the paint under a "bra" that is left on often, not to mention the "bra" itself would tend to look faded in a few years...........

My three cents!
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    The rear looks great, who makes the exhaust system?
    All the stock mufflers were replaced with magnaflow stainless steel high performance xl series mufflers. I do not have the part numbers but they should be available thru magnaflows retailers. The 2 rear mufflers have the stainless steel tips already mounted on the mufflers.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    Has anyone tried these out yet? Do they actually help with performancer and a little on MPG?

How about the turbinator? i have seen this product offered but no solid info on it yet? :surprise:
    I was reviewing the NHTSA site recently and recall notice was there regarding the 2005 Pacifica's Headlights:

Report Date : April 1, 2005
    SEARCH TYPE : VEHICLE
    YEAR : 2005
    Make : CHRYSLER
    Model : PACIFICA
    Type : MULTIPURPOSE PASSENGER VEHICLE

Make : CHRYSLER Model : PACIFICA Year : 2005
    Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V066000 Recall Date : MAR 01, 2005
    Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
    Potential Number Of Units Affected : 43180
    Summary:
    CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH HALOGEN HEADLAMPS MAY EXPERIENCE AN INTERMITTENT AND EVENTUAL TOTAL LOSS OF HEADLAMP FUNCTION.
    Consequence:
    THE HEAD LIGHTS MAY NOT OPERATE PROPERLY WHICH COULD RESULT IN INTERMITTENT OR NO HEADLIGHT FUNCTION. THIS COULD IMPAIR A DRIVER'S VISIBILITY, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT, AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY, THE WIRING HARNESS AND LOW BEAM BULB ON BOTH HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 28, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
    Notes:
    DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. E04. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236.

Seems like eveyone should at least go check it out. :sick:
  • wing103wing103 Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone help me out what type of head light on 2005 Pacifica?
    Cause i am going to buy one today, but when i talk to the sales. they do not have HID in stock, so i think about may be i will go get a after market one, any one have any suggestion?
    install the OEM HID or after market?
    Please give me some info.
    Try E-bay as I have seen them on ther. Also, I would recommend trying to stay with Factory if you can afford it, as you won't violate your warranty incase somethign happens, not my earlier post on the Recall on the Headlight wiring harness and low beam bulbs. :(
    I recommend that if you want the HID's to get a pac that already has them installed as an option or order the pac with the HID option. I have a '05 limited pac and I did the OEM HID upgrade and there are some problems with compatibility even if you use chrysler's OEM HID assembly. So I would think that an afternarket HID system would be twice the trouble. It is not a plug and play upgrade.
    Could you please tell us what the compatibility problems are with the OEM HID upgrade, pscdoc? I'm getting ready to do one myself. Thanks.
    Well I am a member of a number of pacifica enthusiest boards and people who have done the upgrade (I think I was the first to take the plunge) have had issues. 1) a owner with a touring model pac who has done the upgrade with a NEW OEM HID assembly from the dealer has had intermittent shut down of the HID lights and/or inability of the HID to ignite and turn on. 2) with me and my limited pac I have NOT had that particulat issue but I have had two different instances. I had bought my used OEM HID's thru ebay and after I had installed them I had sporatic igniting problems with the passenger side assembly. When this happend I just manually switched the lights off and on and they turned on. I had the dealer look at it and they tested and replaced the bulb and the problem has not come back. On another occassion after I had left my pac out during cold weather for 2 days the lights would not come on for 45 min. This time the manual switching off and on did not help, but after driving for 45 minutes the manual trick did turn the lights on. I have the auto light feature and 98% of the time the lights do turn on as required. I am still investigating what needs to be replaced to get them working 100%.
    Thanks, pscdoc, it's good to know about the upgrade OEM HID problem. I will be converting mine this week and will let you know if I encounter any of these problems. Please do let us know if and when you find out any remedies.
    No problem. And yes I will update if and when this issue is resolved 100%.
    Wireing harness, yes! But the factory and OEM HID assembly use the same ballast, bulbs and ignitor. All the required parts for the HID's are already self contained within the headlight assembly itself. I have narrowed the culprit down to the voltage regulator which controls how much voltage goes to the headlight unit. With the HID's the voltage needs to be at or above 9volts. The pacs with the normal halogen headlight assembly seems to lack that initial voltage or ability to sustain it. My investigation continues.
  • a_roadbikera_roadbiker Member Posts: 1
    where did you get the chrome pillar covers and what did you pay for the dual exhaust system? Did it make a difference in the performance and fuel economy?

Thanx,
    Jim
    The chrome pillars I bought off ebay. There is a company there that sells the part for the pacifica. The dual exhaust was custom fabricated since I removed all the stock exhaust components except for the catalytic convertor and it cost approximately $800.00 for 3 new magnaflow high performance mufflers, piping and the custom body work on the rear bumper/facsia for the extra notch.

Performance wise there is a difference but I cant say exactly how much. But the rpm for each gear has increased and sound is much much better quality...a much deeper richer tone. Gas milage has not changed in my estimation. Maybe 0.1mpg according to the EVIC.
    Hi guys. I just had installed the Chrysler Mopar hitch. It looks really cool, it's pipe style, and on each side there are 4 sturdy screws that connect it to the chassis - 2 vertical, 2 horizontal. From behind it looks really sexy because they cut a plastic piece from the bumper, so the hitch looks like it's part of the bumper. Also it has a nice rubber lid with "Mopar" written on it.

Question:

It's about the TONGUE WEIGHT, not about the Trailer weight. It's rated 350 lbs "weight distributing" and 200 lbs "weight carrying".
    I know it's too late to ask after I had it installed, but still I'd like to know what "weight distribution" is. For instance if I put 4 bicycles on that typical bike rack, inserted into the hitch ... the max bicycles weight will be 200 lbs or 350 lbs ?
  • ch3ch3 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone tried replacement halogen headlight bulbs (H7) like Sylvania Silverstar or XtraVision , or any other brand/model? Looks like they give more light than stock. The XtraVision appear to be the best price/performance, but I don't know if they fit the 2004 Pacifica. I had seen mentioned on 300M forum that the XtraVision did not fit due to a 90 degree angle connector, when a straight connector is needed.

Thanks
    The pacifica normal halogen headlight assembly with low beam and high beam uses the H7 bulbs. So if you want to replace them with some silvania silver stars or other aftermarket bulbs make sure you pruchase the H7 bulb spec.
    I have replaced both my high and low beams with the Sylvania SilverStar and they all fit and work perfectly without any problems -- it's a very simple bulb replacement job! The white beams are much brighter and work much better than the original. However, I'll be converting them to the OEM HID tomorrow -- nothing beats the real thing!
  • design117design117 Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to install the wiring for my hitch. There is a wire that goes to the front of the car and into the eng. compartment. But I can't tell from the installaion instructions where it connects. Can you check to see were it connects on yours?
    I am looking at the guardian alert product which seems superior. Also US made.
    I am trying to install the wiring for my hitch. There is a wire that goes to the front of the car and into the eng. compartment. But I can't tell from the installaion instructions where it connects. Can you check to see were it connects on yours?
  • ch3ch3 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone bought and installed the Autopark 2000 or other aftermarket backup warning device?

I am interested in how is was installed without drilling for wire from thr unit to backup light connection.

Please share your experience with whatever device you have installed, other than fthe dealer option. That is a last resort, but may be the route to take.

Thanks
    Can you post some photo here? share what it look like?
    I do install a aftermarket HID on my Pacifica 2005.
    It work wonderful no problem come out.
    the only thing is take me about 45 mins to install the first one, cause i need to find the right screw to mount the HID bulbs
    I posted the links to the pictures of my mods on the previous page. Go back and you will see my post with the links.

I read your post on the aftermarket HID upgrade. What manufacturer/brand did you use? or are you saying that you purchased and installed the chrysler OEM HID assembly on your pacifica?