Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• lamronh49lamronh49 Member Posts: 86
    Has anyone fitted a cold air intake (CAI) to the Pac yet? Is there enough room in there for one? I'm looking at a 3.8. Thanks,
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    what do you mean, you're "looking at a 3.8"?

Do you own a 3.8 or are you considering purchasing one? If you are considering purchasing one, but you want to add a CAI, why not start with the more powerful engine to begin with (3.5)?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• lamronh49lamronh49 Member Posts: 86
    I mean I'm looking at a couple of 2005 base models.
    From the seat of the pants, I can't tell any diff in the punch of the 3.8 vs. the 3.5. The 3.8 gets better MPG ratings and in the minivans it gets up to 26 MPG. The 3.5 is not a powerhouse and its MPG does not appear to be so hot.
    I prefer the base model. For 2007 it will have the 3.8 also.
    OK... so then the question is, if you can't feel the difference between the 250hp 3.5 and 200hp 3.8, just why do you want a CAI?

Its just that I am not a fan of CAIs, so I'm trying to understand why you feel you would like one.

by the way, the 3.5 only loses 1 to 2 mpg to the 3.8. Not really that bad of a tradeoff for 50hp and 15ft-lbs increase. Just my opinion. AND, sometimes a slight drop in mileage is reported with CAIs, so you very well may reduce your mileage to match that of a 3.5 while not gaining anywhere near 50hp/15ft-lbs in return.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Since there is little difference in perceived acceleration, why go with the thirstier motor?
    The CAI is not a feel thing, it's a think thing. I think it would help the 3.8, I think overall the 3.8 suits my purposes better, and I know I like the base model better than the upscale jobs.
    From what I've read, there is a big difference in EPA and real world MPG with the 3.5. It seems the 3.5 generally does quite a bit worse than EPA figures, rarely better or equal.
    CAI can increase HP 5-10+, similarly with torque. Despite the HP numbers, there is not a huge difference in acceleration figures. There are numbers and there is the real world.
    Similar acceleration, real world MPG possibly as much as 5 or 6 higher, there is little to argue about here IMO.
    Since there is NO difference in perceived acceleration, why go with a CAI?

I'm not telling you to get the 3.5, I'm trying to show you fault in your logic. If the 3.5 is not worth your cash, why is a CAI?

if you get nothing out of it, its a waste of money. Its that simple. Best case scenario, the CAI simply takes money out of your pocket and you get nothing in return. Worst case scenario, you are not filtering the air as well as you should and you shorten the life of your engine.

So, yeah, there is little to argue ... a CAI is worthless.

• arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    Thanks for the info my3rdrx.

I had my '06 daytime running lights activated today but the mechanic said he did not see any 'Fleet Daytime Running Light' option. He changed my Pac's country code to Canada and that activated the lights.

There is just one weird thing though. When I put my blinker on the daytime running light on that side goes off for the time blinker is on. Is that the way the daytime running lights should work?

Kind of weird behavior but as it is just daytime running light going off with the blinker it does not really matter. I just wonder if this behavior is correct?

--Arrie--
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    You're welcome! I imagine there may be variances among different models.

Yes, your DRL is working correctly as it is by design that the light on the side of the blinker goes out with the directional on ~ this way, the turn signal is more pronounced. Actually I thought this was a pretty neat idea!
  • arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    Thanks again for prompt answer! I was just worried if I have a problem with something when the light goes out with blinker.

My Pac is a '06 model but it was put on road in January this year so I'm sure it really is a '05 model so there is no 'Fleet Daytime Running Light Option'. It is still called a country code. Or does yours have both the country code and Fleet light option?

Thanks again!

--Arrie--
    I'm not exactly sure when Chrysler switched over these codes between their 05s and 06s. Mine is also an 06 and was manufactured in October 05 and had a separate "Fleet DRL" option.

But then again, who cares ~ as long as it works, right?
  • busaf95busaf95 Member Posts: 1
    Hey I would be very interested in that too as I have the DVD changer on a '06 Pacifica Std.
  • primetime2628primetime2628 Member Posts: 21
    I'd like to know if anyone has put the acrylic shades outside their windows. Does it stop the noise and make the car quieter when the window are down?
    They also make a deflector for the sunroof. My Elantra has one stock and it makes a World of difference in the noise level.
  • davidd5davidd5 Member Posts: 79
    CAI are a waste of money. Unless you are bouncing off the rev limiter,you will never see the benefit of a CAI. What you may benefit from is the engine damage those can do. As a professional tech for over 20 years,I have seen more of my fair share of damage to engines caused by CAI's and KnN type drop in filters :mad: . But you are correct,in the seat of your pants dyno,you really may not feel much. You will notice the differance on the highway or freeway. Resale is bad enough on the Pac,I really cannot see why anyone would want a base Pac. :confuse:
  • tristan1tristan1 Member Posts: 39
    davidd5-What kind of damage can a K&N drop in filter do? I had mine for about a year and put atleast 15k on it and so far no I have no problem with it. Just wondering how much mileage can you put on it before it start causing some damage. CAI have a potential of sucking water in your engine and I don't trust that lil' bypass valve to resolve it.
  • davidd5davidd5 Member Posts: 79
    The problem I see is the seal is VERY poor. The dust just blows right past the seal. KnN,I know has some kind the grease/lube that goes on the seal. This is suppost to take up the gap these filters seem to have. :confuse: Most people don't seem to use the grease/lube,because I think I have seen it on a filter seal less then a hand full of times. What I see are rings that are taken out and/or a turbo because of the dust.
  • carp3095carp3095 Member Posts: 7
    My wife wants me to install a headrest video monitors to our stock 6 disk dvd player. We have the headsets and a remote but not the OEM monitor. Those of you who installed aftermarket monitors to your dvd player... what kind of issues did you have? Will the OEM headsets work? Will the remote work? Were you able to wire in the IR into the monitors so the headsets work?
    Also, how did you get the cables under the carpet to the headrest?
  • spmedispmedi Member Posts: 11
    I found that the 2003/2004 verison on the Read Seat Video was the way to go. I ordered the following from a local dealer. They only had the one in stock: price $535

#82207511 Rear Seat Video (DVD) DVD Rear Seat Video™ overhead entertainment includes 7 headliner-mounted LCD TFT screen, in-dash six-disc CD/DVD player with AUX inputs, remote control and two wireless headphones.

This comes w/ instructions, template, and harness. Everything you need. If you want the same thing for the 2005+ version it will cost you $1395.

If you are like me you already had the newer 6 disc cd/dvd changer. You will have to remove it. It is OK, just wait.

After you install the "old" new changer, screen, etc you will be left with 2 harnesses (the one that hooks to the radio and changer which you already had for the old one) and the 2006 changer. This changer is $595 new from Mopar alone. The changer itself is selling for $200 - $250 on Ebay.

So after you buy the 2004 verison and sell the new one you will have a investment of about $350 and a couple hours of your time. That sure beats $825 or $1395 and a couple hours of your time.

Now for the difference I have found between the 2003 and 2005 changers. #1 of course in the RF instead of IR headphones which are MUCH MUCH better. They are built better, sound better, work in any seat, etc. #2 you lose the MP3 functionality of the 2005 changer. The 2003 one doesn't read them, or at least mine doesn't. To me this is a small price to pay as I can still play cds, and could even convert any MP3's I had to cda and play them from a CD-r.

Anyway I thought I let everyone know. If you purchase a cheap ($125) flip down aftermarket monitor (that has Built in IR), the remote and headphones ($60 - ebay), and make or buy the harness ($20 to $100 for harness) you are in at least $205 to $285.

I will say that the 7" display is fine. At first I wanted something larger, but it is just right. Especially given the rear view mirror / window situation.

Shaun
  • protocol_droidprotocol_droid Member Posts: 6
    I checked about 20 different online parts retailers and couldn't find that part# for under 952.00? Still much better than 1400 bucks, but not the 500ish as expected. Still a great find. Perhaps I should call up some local dealers. Is that part# above for the 2005 or for the 2003/2004?
    Try this. Go to Audio/Video, Entertainment, DVD. First one listed.

http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat.jsp?color=PX8&dummy5=1164161486443

82207511 Rear Seat Video (DVD) DVD Rear Seat Video™ overhead entertainment includes 7 headliner-mounted LCD TFT screen, in-dash six-disc CD/DVD player with AUX inputs, remote control and two wireless headphones. $535.00

Click the box, view list, contact dealer. Enter a zip code and it will ckeck their inventory. there was only 1 near my zip about 40 miles away.

The changer is dated 2003, but it comes up under the 2006 model pacifica on the mopar's site.

Shaun
    Only dealers w/ this in their investory is as follows. THis is per the Mopar site as of 11/21/06.

Part # Description Qty Unit
    Price (1) Total

NEIL HUFFMAN DODGE
    4136 SHELBYVILLE ROAD
    LOUISVILLE, KY 40207-3223
    502-893-5757

PREMIER CHRYSLER JEEP
    6936-6955 WEST GRAND AVENUE
    CHICAGO, IL 60707
    773-745-4600

ARLINGTON CHRYSLER JEEP IN
    925 W DUNDEE RD
    BUFFALO GROVE, IL 60089-4101
    847-398-3800

O'BRIEN LIMITED OF PEORIA INC
    3905 N UNIVERSITY
    PEORIA, IL 61614-6996
    309-685-4061

82207511 MEDIA SYS 1 $535.00 $535.00

Maybe it was limited to the 4 closest to me. I don't know.
    I do know that it is a big box. Inside you will find 3 more boxes and the harnesses. Their is 1 box for the headphones& remote. It is narrow and long. The other two contain the radio and then the screen. I'd say it was in the 20lb range. Maybe 30.
    Fantastic details. The link above doesn't want to work however.
    Another question though, will this work with pacificas with sunroof/moonroof? that's what I have and am wondering if this would still work?

Also, is this removal of the 05 dvd and installation of the 04 setup going to fly okay with a dealership install...I guess you wouldn't know, but just thought I'd ask.

Last question, how does one contact other posters like psdoc. I've just ordered some 06 HID headlights and know that I will need the PDM for the 04 or the 06...I would imagine the pdm for the 06, but just checking. This was from post # 509.
    The template that comes in the box is suppose to line up to the sunroof so i would say yes. The harness is definitely long enough. As far as the link, just go to mopar.com, chrysler service/parts and you can work your way to the dvd part. It's easy.

My dealer had no clue that this was from the 2004, and i bet they wouldn't care. It is factory, it comes up under 2006 on Mopar's site. Nothing I found said you couldn't use it. If you have a dealer install it, I wouldn't say anything. I would just give them the Mopar number or order it off Mopar, through a dealer. I doubt they care.

If you want to install it yourself I can write up some detailed instructions. It is fairly easy, and I had never down anything like this before. The hardest part of the installation is running the harness through the headliner.
    You cut the hole and take off the right visor/grab handle only. I had to stick my arm up to my elbow through the hole over to where i ran the harness by the grab handle.
    I have a few scrapes on my arm from the steel but nothing major.

As far as contacting other's I don't know. I have only been on here a couple days. I found out what I did about the dvd system and thought i'd post it. It looks like most of the users on here hide their emails. Unlike most forums I don't find a private message function either.
    Going to mopar.com and then clicking on chrysler parts and service gets me nowhere. I cannot get to a screen in which I can find DVD or anything...very strange. Anyhow, I ended up just sending a request to a local dealer online to see if they come back with the same pricing as per your quote.

Yes, I would love a detailed installation. I'm curious as to how the unit is affixed to the roof. E-mail me at protocol_droid@hotmail.com john's my name. How was taking out the stock DVD unit? Thanks.
    I've got an 05 with halogen. Just found some 06 HID's on ebay. I know I need the PDM as per your earlier posts. I need to know how to find part#'s for the PDM either for the 04, 05 or 06. Are they the same? Just want to know which one to get.
  • stephanbstephanb Member Posts: 1
    I own an '05 Pacifica, and as a volunteer firefighter I'd need some guidance on installing an interior controlbox for my lights and siren.
    My Pac does not have any DVD add-on, and subsequently I have this empty space underneath my radio, and just above the electric outlets, in the center console.
    Right now it is a place where I keep small stuff (that constantly falls out if I accelerate too fast), and I'm hoping that I can use that space to hold the controlbox.

I'm not really car savvy, but can I just 'click out' the mold that is currently giving me this hollow space, and then hook in the control box? If I take out the plastic mold, how far back does it go, and will I be able to guide wires into the engine block area of my car?

I hope my description makes sense to you. I could really use some good advise. Will a dealer install this controlbox??

Thanks
  • leesalexisleesalexis Member Posts: 3
    I own a 2005 Pacifica. I'd like to have instructions or guidance to install the standard fog light kit. The kit did not have written instructions when purchased.

Thanks.
  • templetonjtempletonj Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the 2006 basic pacifica and I want to add upgrades to it. I have the basic slide version of the AC controls. Has anyone replaced the basic controls with the digital controls that show digital temperature and driver and passanger controls or added a control that will allow you to pop the back hatch from inside the car?
    My guess is that it would be MUCH more expensive than if you just bought the car with those features to begin with.

I don't think that factory auto rear hatch will be feasibly doable as an afterthought. Between the wiring, sensors, and motor, its a rather complex add-on. If you aren't interested in the factory setup and JUST want to pop it and not raise it automatically, there are lots of aftermarket solutions. Tuners put "poppers" on their doors all the time. I guess, by that token, you could have it raise up, too, if you put different hydraulics on it, too.

I have no idea on the climate controls. I think its going to depend on the wiring, as well. If all the wires are there and its just a matter of replacing controls, then that shouldn't be a problem. However, if the inside temp sensors and whatnot are not already wired in every Pacifica, then it would also be a daunting and expensive task to do it aftermarket.

Is anyone aware of a source for wiring diagrams online?
    Which wiring diagram and for what year?
    I need to locate the relay that controls the fog lights for a 2005 pacifica AWD. I purchased a fog light kit that refers to the 26-way C5 connector in the control unit under the hood on the driver side. Thanks.

LP :confuse:
    If you disclose your email address on the CarSpace page, I'll send you the diagram.
  • jft26jft26 Member Posts: 35
    I recently purchased (from the dealer) a MOPAR Chrome Exhaust Tip for my 2006 Pacifica. It is a very heavy gauge steel and well made. It looks great except for the heavy duty, extremely noticeable nut and bolt on the clamp assembly. If you look at the rear of the vehicle you just can't miss it! Has anyone else purchased one and noticed it and have this issue? Thanks.
  • crusader71crusader71 Member Posts: 4
    i have tried to find the power harness to no avail.I recently bought the dvd changer new off of ebay with no plug. Then went and bought the rear dvd kit. Missing the power harness that comes from the radio to dvd player, i believe its a 10 pin to 16 pin harness? Anybody know where i can find it??? I have tried to hard wire it but all it does is start to flash and make noise. I have the schematics but i would rather have the plug!
    Unforunately they don't sell it separate it is in a kit.
    I endedup taking the 2006 cd/dvd changer out and ebaying it for $200 and bought and installed the mopar #82207511 kit which was $525. Included the cd/dvd changer (2004 model) and screen, remote, headphones, etc.

Your either going to have to create a harness or call some salvage yards.
    actually its all been taken care of. Mopar does sell this harness. its part # 4685999ac, 10 way to 16 way harness, retails for about 72 dollars, took some searching but finally did it . Thanks for all the input!!
    i have installed an oem rear dvd screen in my 06 pacifica and everything works like a charm. Only thing is that the headphones dont work. I get the little headphone icon on my radio but no signal to the headphones. Can anyone help??
  • phil27phil27 Member Posts: 8
    What year is your Pacifica? I have an '06 & wonder if the cable (part # 4685999ac) will work on the back of my stock DVD player.

In my case, I want to use portable monitors that came with a portable DVD/VCR unit(I use the monitors in my other vehicles & camper). I am hoping that I can simply use the left/right audio & video outputs from the DVD and solder RCA jacks. Then I could run cables between the jacks & the monitor.

Is this possible with the wireless headphone design in the Chrysler setup? I realize that I could probably use the wirelss headphones and just run video out, but I'm curious if this configuration (audio + video out to RCA jacks) will work.
    I also have an o6, and yes the cable does work, the only thing is you need a jumper that gives power and ground from the cig lighter.
  • ed24ed24 Member Posts: 3
    I have a Palm Treo 680 cellphone. If I use the cellphone as a MP3 player, can I send the music to the Pacificas' stereo using Uconnect and Bluetooth? Same question for TeleNav.

Thanx
    Fantastic! I've followed your blogs and see that you've done your homework. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, do you need the factory monitor to use the headphones? I tried running a CD in the DVD changer to see if my daughter could listen to her music with the wireless headphone while I listen to the radio on the car's speakers. I used the remote to tell the radio control to send the DVD player audio output to the headphones, but the sound never switched from the car speakers to the headphones (the headphone symbol was on, new batteries in headphone, new headphone).

I bought the headphones last week from a local Chrysler dealersip's parts department (part number was 5064037AA). I understand from reading various forums that there may be 2 different headphone types for this year. Do you know if this is true? If only one type of headphone, is this part number the correct headphone or how can I find out?
  • myf16myf16 Member Posts: 5
    For 2007 the optional backup camera displays on the navigation screen. What parts are different for this configuration than for the 2004 with navigation only? Are any of these parts the same as in the add-on kit (part number 82209796) that uses an extra LCD screen?
    If you are planning on installing an after market monitor in your pacifica, you should check out ebay for the template.

I know many of us have been scared to cut into the headliner. This template should help.

Good luck...
    search for pacifica monitor template on ebay.
    Go to the parts dept at the dealership. Get them to pull up the part number for the rear overhead monitor kit. It will be listed as an accessory item for the year of your car. Once you have that number, get them to open the exploded parts diagram for the kit (on their computer). From there, they can get you each and every part number in the kit including the monitor, headphones, remote control, and every single cable including DVD to radio & DVD to monitor (YOU CAN BUY THEM SEPARATELY!). However, the cables are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. For instance, the cable run that goes from the rear of the DVD player to the monitor is actually 2 separate cables. Just the lower DVD player to monitor cable is $250!!!!!!!!!!! The upper one connects the lower cable to the monitor.
    I have the factory template... send me an email at carpentertv@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.
    Carp.
  • wzakaraswzakaras Member Posts: 9
    i have an 04 pacifica with the rah radio package.
    the car also has the nav, bluetooth & 6 cd/dvd changer.
    the radio custs out when either the nav or bluetooth cust in, which is normal operation.

The RAH radio DOES NOT HAVE FADE CONTROLS

Can someone tell me if the #82207511 kit will work with this radio. ie will the rear speakers turn off when the dvd is playing through the headphones.
    thanks
    wayne
  • mpollardmpollard Member Posts: 3
    hi,
    i recently purchased a 06 Pacifica and i want to install a screen. it came with the dvd player. what do you suggest for a screen?
    my e-mail address is mpollard@sterpc.org.
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    Hello, Do you happen to have any wiring diagrams for the audio system? I'm looking to install a new head unit, Roof Mointor, amp and sub. Would like to try and minimze the need to run all new wires if there might be some existing that I could tap into. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Rick
    rmyers15@hotmail.com
  • gmoneigmonei Member Posts: 7
    I bought an aftermarket stainless steel tip(4" round)and i had it welded on.Try having yours welded by a muffler shop.It shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks.
  • mpollardmpollard Member Posts: 3
    I don't have anything at this time. I'm just trying to find out how to mount a aftermarket roof mounted screen with the Chrysler indash 6dish/DVD player that came with my car.