Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
What accesssories and or mods have you added to your Pacifica?

Comments

• jerrykohjerrykoh Member Posts: 15
    was starting to get a bit paranoid with backing up my pacifica, since the bumper is so long and my driveway garage requires me to make a sharp turn to avoid a wall I've been looking around, and it seems like the AMT Autopark 2000 seems like a nice, cheap and elegant solution (no drilling of holes). Anyone used this before? any idea if it's worth trying it out? Thanks in advance for any advice. More about the Autopark 2000 here... http://www.bow-gun-hunting-sports.com/park.htm
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    Did anyone get a Pacifica with U-Connect installed ? The bluetooth cell phone option. I tried ordering one but all it did was hold up my vehicle indefinitely. they say its not available now but dont know why? I heard it did ship on a few vehicles at first.

I ended up ordering the dealer installed model w/o the mirror mounted mike :( and will cost me more then if they offered it as an option ...
  • grbelotegrbelote Member Posts: 25
    Jerry, just received my Autopark 2000 and I'm still trying to figure out how to install it on the Pacifica's rear door. The instructions talk about cars with trunks, no mention of van type vehicle's. I sent E mail to company for some help but have not heard anything from as yet.I will post any info that I feel would be of interest to you. Punk
  • jerrykohjerrykoh Member Posts: 15
    i also ordered the autopark 2000, and have been wondering how to install it on the pacifica... any hints you manage to scare up would help. thanks.
  • ms_mayorms_mayor Member Posts: 113
    I read the link on Autopark and for a pretty small price you get some peace of mind in parking. I am just a few days away from delivery of my Pacifica, and 'learning' to drive a larger vehicle than I'm used to is a challenge I'm looking forward to. My husband has an LHS, and even in that car I have trouble judging how much room I have to back up.

I'll be very interested to hear back from you two on your installation and experience with the Autopark...I may just get one myself, if you feel its worth the cost and effort.
  • grbelotegrbelote Member Posts: 25
    I called the company 1 800 910 2862 and got very little info. Said to remove inside panel on rear door, run wires up to top of door then down to back up light wiring. Try calling to see if you get someone with more info than I received. Punk
  • pacificaoregonpacificaoregon Member Posts: 38
    Anyone find a good way to store the headphones? I couldn't believe they wouldn't fit in the center console in the second row seats. I've been trying to locate a rubbermaid type box that can fit/sit on the rubber tray on the floor that divides the floor space in the second row. Currently the best option is to tilt the armrests of the second row seats down just a bit and hang them on there. However, this presents a problem if we wish to tumble the seats at all, possibly bye bye headset being crushed. Any suggestions?
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    After trying six or seven ways, I did get the headphones into the console. They have to be intertwined and compressed, but they will fit, barely, with the remote.
    just a quick question for those with Brown Cloth Taupe interior would you recommend a Brown Floor Mat or a Black Floor Mat Color. Looking to get the deep ridge type mats that collect the water or snow when used.

thanks
    Didn't taupe floor mats come with your car? I would stick with a color that matches your floor carpet color as best as possible.

My problem with the floor mats is that they are so tiny, barely cover anything. In my Ford, Acura and Honda the floor mats fit like gloves in the space allowed and never had any dirt on the floor. I already have tons of dirt all over the place with these small floor mats.

If anyone finds a larger style or orders any from Mopar that are actually different than the ones that come with the car please pass it along. Thanks.
    exactly ... what I want to get is the large floor mats (found some reasonable priced ones at WalMart) that have the deep tray to catch the snow and slush. I usually put a set on top of the factory ones....

they come in Black and a brown only, the brown is a tannish brown color.

I get my Pacifica this Saturday hopefully... waiting for it to ship from the factory.
    Has anyone purchased/installed this accessory?

I found it on a website that sells Mopar accessories and it seems like a good idea to keep the back bumper in decent shape.

If you have it, is it easy to install? Worth it?
  • pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    Where did you find these? I was planning to investigate these as soon as my car shows up (I've been told it was fully built and waiting for shipment 3 weeks ago!), if it ever does!

Was this at a dealer or on the web?
    Found them on the web. I did a search on 'pacifica accessories' and a dealer's site in NJ came up with an on-line parts department, Wyckoff Chrysler. (I don't think I'm allowed to post the link)

They had a lot of stuff: floormats, cargo accessories, splashguards, car covers, etc.

Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll be happy to e-mail you the site.

I'm sure there are other sites too. I checked the prices at Wyckoff and then e-mailed the dealer I bought from for a quote on the stuff I want as well.
  • mrl11777mrl11777 Member Posts: 154
    Don't forget the curb feelers.
    Since I can't post the link I'll have to just describe it. Mopar provides all factory accessories for Chrysler cars. Find it. They have on their website all the accessories that you can get through the dealer provided color glossy brochure. By viewing the website you can find out pricing without having to ask the dealer what they cost. Also, there should be aftermarket companies that will also be releasing compatible products.

Be careful when finding discounted accessories at other dealers, I checked and by the time I paid for shipping it was only a couple dollars less than paying the discounted price from my local dealer, and fortunately my dealer already had the accessory in stock.
    you can also find them by going to the Chrysler pacifica site (build your own pacifica)... on the last page will be a link on the right to ADD dealer installed accessories . they are all there along with the list price and part number. I lucked out and got my dealer to give me discounted pricing on any parts I ordered with my vehicle. which I pick up Tomorrow Saturday 9 AM .. an AWD Butane Blue, with HID light, power lift, fullsize spare, larger stereo, NAV, DVD Video, No Leather or Sunroof (find those things not important on all my past cars I had them on)

(Mopar): Mudflaps, bug guard, scuff pad, wheel locks, U-Connect, trailer hitch and wiring harness .... plus I got the $1k rebate !!!
    You should call Chrysler and get you order status code and then check this site:
    www.dakota-truck.net/order_status.html for what all the codes mean :) that way you know exactly where the vehicle is in the build cycle. note that they dont always update it (usually Mon and FRI) but should give you an idea
    Thank you very much for the info. Looks like I will have to wait until Monday to make "the call". It's kind of weird... I already have the VIN. My vehicle is posted as "in inventory" on my dealer's site. The explanation I got was that my car is associated with my dealer. The fact that it is assigned to me doesn't matter to the software that creates the inventory list! Anyway, when you look at the inventory list and look up my car, it shows the VIN! I wish there was a place to just type it in and check. Oh well, I guess this is far better than nothing!

Again, thanks!
    invoiced is only one step in the status
    you will see on the website there are a few more code letters that it must go thru before it arrives. A VIN number is given at D1 status (before its actually scheduled to be built) so a VIN Number means nothing really.... you need to find out the status code to know where your vehicle is ... good luck
  • maxmommaxmom Member Posts: 62
    A few weeks back, people were discussing installation of this feature. Does anyone have it installed yet? If so, how exactly does it install and do you think it is worth doing?

Thanks in advance.
    I finally got through after 30 minutes on hold to check the status of my new Pacifica. It is in KZ status, meaning "released by plant, invoiced". I asked when it will ship and they had no idea!

How depressing is that?

At least I have a place to check from now on... thanks!
    KZ is great that means usually 1 or 2 days to shipping plus the time to get to you. it took 3 days from KZ status until mine arrived in Pittsburgh.
    I wish you were right.

My dealer has been telling me that my car has been in KZ status for 10 days now! I get the impression they are trying to gather enough vehicles (of whatever model) in order to fill a truck to get to my dealer. I can't think of any other reason for the delay.
    I would hope that they are not waiting ... where are you? if its going by rail you should be able to track it once it leaves the factory. Ask Chrysler when the last update was (ie. when they say it went KZ)... mine stayed KZ until it arrived ... I doubt they would invoice the dealer then sit on it for 10 days. the dealer would be out money until arrives ... I think ...
    Just got off the phone with Chrysler. They said my car still shows a completion date of 6/6 and it shows a KZ status. They then said the next update of their data will be about 7/7! I was rather surprised at that and asked how often they get updates or was it a constant statusing.... they said they get updates every 3-4 weeks! That explains why it still says KZ... BECAUSE THEIR DATA BASE NEVER CHANGED!!!!! Unbelievable. Consequently, you can never really know where it is. I guess I don't need to keep checking this week, because their database won't change!

I'm not happy!
  • rainbowfarmrainbowfarm Member Posts: 59
    just kidding
    When was it ordered? Mine was ordered on May 06 and arrived on June 19, one day after my dealer was invoiced.

I considered really getting into trying to track it minute by minute, but decided to give it at least six weeks before I started getting antsy.

I'm sure they want you to have it as badly as you want it.
    It was ordered 5/28 (Memorial Day) and they claim it was completely built by 6/6.

I just can't believe that:

1. It takes almost a month to go from Windsor to NJ, and

2. I can track a package down to the minute if I wanted from FedEx or UPS, but Chrysler has a database that is out of date by up to 4 weeks!

Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture?
    That's exactly why I didn't attempt to track mine. Their system is not really designed for customer tracking.

I know it's disconcerting when some people say they ordered theirs and they have it two weeks later. Most likely, theirs was located in another part of the country. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it is equipped exactly as they wanted it. I wish mine could have been located, but it couldn't. I predict you will have your car by July 11 and the window sticker will be printed with the words - Built especially for "pssimon".

It's sort of like childbirth. Once it arrives, you'll forget the hassle of getting it here and love it.
    the updates on my vehicle was about every 3 days. I tracked it from C - order VON status thru D1 VIN status and scheduled to be built to I Status then it jumped to KZ and appeared in Pittsburgh 3 days later. (it was in C/D1 back and forth for 2 1/2 weeks while they screwed around with the avialablity of the UConnect option) ...
    here is the scuff guard installed:

and the aftermarket Pilot Exhaust Tip:

Is the scuff guard just 'glued' on to the rear bumper? Did you do it yourself?
    yea most are just glued (probably 3m double sided sticky tape) ... dealer installed it ... but looks pretty easy to do yourself.
    "but looks pretty easy to do yourself. "

You are right.. looks easy.... provided you can put it on straight! Imagine putting it on crooked! At least if the dealer does it, it's his problem to fix.
    It's a piece of cake! It took about two minutes to install. There's a centering mark to help line it up.

The splash guards are a different story. I'm taking them back to my dealer for installation. We thought we would be able to do it, but they require drilling holes and we don't have proper access with the vehicle on the ground.

pssimon - Dare I ask if you have heard from your Pacifica yet? If not, I still predict you will by the 11th. Good luck!
    I still don't have my Pacifica. I was told it arrived in the area (about 30 miles away) on 7/3! I'm still waiting. I think my dealer is getting impatient as well (I guess they want their money!). I had to sell my car today as my buyer wasn't going to wait forever. The dealer is giving me a loaner until it arrives. I guess he is getting afraid I'll change my mind!

Dealer said should be (I don't think I want to get in to the "should be" discussion <G>) either today or tommorow. It's after noon here, and still no call for today! I wonder what shoebox I'll be driving around in until my new one arrives!
    Nice pictures you posted. I've been unable to figure out how to post pictures within a message, could only see how to post a link to an outside webpage.

In the second photo I notice the rear splash guards. Two questions, are those Chrysler parts or aftermarket? Do the front ones look identical to the rear ones? I do like the fact that the rear base of the car is dark gray/black which will show less dirt anyway but is much improved than the chrome on the Explorer bumper which was a pain to keep tar and such off of. I would still like to get the splash guards for both front and rear.

Also thanks for showing the tow hitch install. I don't know that I want the dealer cutting my bumper but it appears that this is the only way to mount the hitch so that it won't drag on the ground.

When looking at your scuff guard I'm at a loss for why this $29 item wasn't made standard on the car. It doesn't make the appearance of the car more SUV like in my opinion which is what I was told by my dealer as the reason for it not being standard. ie. a station wagon doesn't have a scuff guard.

Thanks again for the posts.
    I ordered the splash guards for my Pacifica through my dealer and they are MOPAR equipment.

As for the scuff guard, I really wanted it because that painted knife edge of the bumper was just asking to be chipped. As for looking like a wagon, our old '95 Taurus came standard with basically the same thing.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    RE: posting photos

Check under "Posting a Message into a Discussion" in the Town Hall Help It will tell you how to post a photo there. If you need more assistance, please let me know!
    yes they are Mopar from the dealer (got it part of my purchase package) dealer cost and paid the dealer price for labor ...

there are two different types one for front and one for rear. Maxmom... guess I am glad the dealer put in the mudflaps. the only thing I am installing is the wheel locks

on your scuff guard is it flush all the way around the lip (I am flush on both ends but have a extremely slight gap in the center section.)

oh the mudflaps come in two colors both don't match the vehicle bottom so best to ask to see both next to your vehicle. one is gray and the other is black.

oh and posting pics very easy if you have them some place viewable via the inter net just use this format in your text : img src="http://url-location-of-photo"> and put < before the IMG ... so that it's boxed in side of < and > ....
    Okay, I'm going to ask it. What have you guys done about your license plate? I was amazed when my dealer only put two screws in my license plate, then I realized there are only two holes.

Went to the auto parts store and purchased a cover assembly. It looks better, but still has the two bottom holes and the whole thing makes a clanging noise when I close the liftgate.

Is there a OEM holder for the Pacifica? If so, I'm assuming it has 3M tape on the back to hold it down??

I'm tired of the clanging noise and my husband says it's the only thing about the car, wagon, sports tourer, SUV, etc. that seems cheap.

Any help?
    I wouldn't put the 3M on both the plate and the car. I would find some foam or rubber pads with sticky on one side and stick that to the back of your licence plate. that way if it deteroriates it wont be stuck to your Pacifica ... a thick enough pad should be enough to keep it from clanging around... WalMart has those pads for Chairs that may work :-) (probably need to use some good strength super glue to keep it on the plate though

My Highlander was the same with only two bolt holes but they had pads that were on the bottom section of the door as well which padded the plate from hitting the door.
    what are you using? Do you not have this same problem?
    Gosh, I gotta tell you...I never even realized there were only two screws holding the plate on up top. I've never heard the clanging noise you describe, maxmom, and my hatch is opened at least twice a day transferring my son's hockey gear in and out of the back.

I'll have to listen more closely to see if its happening.
    Is your license plate in a holder of some type or just attached by the two top screws?
    The dealer put the plate in a frame, but its still only attached by two screws at the top. I think the frame is only made of plastic.
    I had them transfer my clear cover (get them at WalMart) from Highlander over (I hate advertising for dealers for free = licence plates with dealer names) Plus technically they are illegal in somestates (hehe) for anything that covers up your license plate)

I also made sure they didnt stick any of their dealer logos on my car. looks cleaner with out a dealer name on the back ... I dont have the problem of it clanging but I do have the powerhatch closure so I never slam the hatch. I press it down until the automatic system grabs and latches it :-) so probably that is why I dont have the rattling licence plate issue.
    That explains the difference. I don't have the power liftgate (which doesn't bother me), but that's why you and ms mayor aren't noticing the noise.

We're headed to Chicago for vacation, but when we return I'm going to the dealer to see what their solution would be. I need to get them to install my splash guards. I just haven't had the time.

Thanks again.
    I know what you mean about the stickers and stuff. The week before my Pacifica was delivered I noticed that ALL the cars on the dealer's lot had decals across the top of the rear window that spelled out "www.dealername.com" in 2-inch letters. Went across 1/3 of the window. I told the salesman that under no circumstances was that decal to be put on my car; I though it was cheap-looking and refused to provide free advertising for their website.

Wouldn't you know when I went to pick the car up, there was the decal. Salesman was very apologetic and said their internet guy was fast-he puts the decals on almost as soon as they roll off the truck. Although my husband kept telling me he could take it off, I told him no...the salesman promised it would'nt be there, so he'd take it off. Sure enough, two minutes later, it was gone.