Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bzlbzl Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a touring with leather and if not AWD, then at least traction control, because I've heard that if you have neither then it is hard to get around the cleveland, ohio area in the winter months. Has anyone had success with a Cleveland area dealer on leases? I usually haggle with dealers for days and I just don't know if I have the energy to do it his time. But, I want a good deal. Any advise is appreciated.
  • pacificagurlpacificagurl Member Posts: 2
    pe72pe,

That sounds like a terrific price!

I'm in negotiations right now for a similar deal on a fully loaded AWD Limited that is MSRP for 42,120. Includes pkg 26X, NAV, DVD ent system, safety glass coating, intermezzo stereo upgd, HID headlamps, SIRUIS w/first year and Uconnect.

With all this, best I'm getting is around 35,500. What options were on yours for that great price?! I'm uncertain right now if I should go through with this deal, wondering if I can do better. Any info from you on your purchase would be most helpful.

Thank you very much
  • pe72pepe72pe Member Posts: 7
    The MSRP on the car I bought was in line with yours. I have all those options plus cigarette holders which are worthless since I don't smoke. My price was within $200 of invoice. you may want to contact some other dealers and let them know where you are and see if they can do better though $35,500 is certainly not bad. Also, not sure what rebates you are taking advantage of. I do remember that I got an extra $1000 or $1500 off or so since I went through Chrysler financial. I just looked on the Chrysler site and they are offering $3,000 in rebates on a purchase but you can get an additional $1,000 for a lease and another $1,000 if you've leased with them before. The car is great though it guzzles the gas and has below average pick up but my wife drives my kids around in it and they are very safe! I do believe they are putting in the V8 in the 2007 model which is fantastic though it doesnlt help me at this point. My only advice is that negotiating with a dealer is a game, nothing more. Figure out what you're willing to pay and let them know that you will walk if you don't get your number. Today is a great day to make that deal on your terms. Last day of the month.

Good luck!
  • pacificagurlpacificagurl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks pe72pe for the additional information. It was just what I needed to get my deal sweetened!!

We settled from an MSRP of $42,120 (invoice $38,969) for our fully loaded Pacifica Limited [SPECIFIC OPTIONS: NAV,Rear Video Sys,Intermezzo Stereo upgd, HID headlamps, Laminated Door Glass, Uconnect hands-free, Sirius Satellite radio, and something called a CMA charge for Calif] to $35,000. With an extended bumper-to-bumper 7/70 warranty thrown in (their cost 1350) for that price. That includes the $3,000 factory rebate. So basically a grand under invoice AND the warranty added in.

You and this site were invaluable in giving me the facts necessary to get this good of a deal while being told by the dealer how much they were losing on this deal.

Thanks again for taking the time to share!!!! :)
    Nice! Sounds great. Congratulations. If they really lost money then they wouldn't sell it to you and who cares what they think. They will gladly sell you your next car in a second and would love to service your car. It is the law of supply and demand. Great country. Have fun with Sirrus. We love it.
  • bread8bread8 Member Posts: 16
    Thinking about buying a new 2005 Touring with tire pressure sensor and park assist. Marked price is 23,800. I know that I should be able to do better. Any ideas as to correct price.
    I have a friend who can get me employee discount. Edmunds does not list 2005 new price.
  • jtalbottjtalbott Member Posts: 1
    We are currently looking at a 2006 Pacifica with the 26H package. MSRP is $25895. They are offering a 27 month lease for $0 at signing and $249/month + sales tax. Residual is 46% and MF is .00001 (basically free money). It seems like a good deal to me. What do you think? How are the FWDs in the snow? I'm sure AWD drive would be better, but trying to watch the budget.
  • thjattythjatty Member Posts: 14
    I've been offered a 2006 Pacifica Tour Signature with rear DVD, moonroof, tire sensor, backup sensor, tract control, and curtain air bag for $28K. Is that good??? :confuse:
    msrp is $35.5K
  • kev1049kev1049 Member Posts: 1
    Try to work him down close to $25,000 plus tax.
  • thjattythjatty Member Posts: 14
    It'll be 25K plus tax after 3k incentive too...
  • laurat1laurat1 Member Posts: 1
    We have found a 2005 AWD (I think it is the 26S - leather, AM/FM CD, no cassette, no memory on seats - just to give an idea of which one it is) with 17,000 miles or so, great condition inside and out - certified through the dealer.

They have offered it to us for $21,900 - good deal? Keep looking? We are new to this car and are not sure what they should be going for. We wouldn't mind looking for one with a bit more features, but this one is fine if a good deal.

Another question - how is this in the snow? We are in southern CT - so we don't get a ton, but we get enough and live at the bottom of a long uphill driveway and my current Voyager Minivan has trouble getting out on slippery/snowy days.
  • fred222fred222 Member Posts: 200
    We have found a 2005 AWD (I think it is the 26S - leather, AM/FM CD, no cassette, no memory on seats - just to give an idea of which one it is) with 17,000 miles or so, great condition inside and out - certified through the dealer.
    We purchased a new 2005 AWD Touring in Sept 2004 for $26,000 which sounds equipped like yours. Great in the snow. I drove our's through Snoquamie Pass in the Cascade Mtns outside Seattle just before the pass was closed. The only problem was other vehicles. Also the autostick allows you to almost shift like a manual which really helps in low traction conditions. I would like to think that ours is worth $22,000 since it has less that 12K on it, but I think that the price is a little high. Also, ours came with a 7 year/70,000 mile power train warranty from the factory which helped sway our decision.
  • mrg1mrg1 Member Posts: 2
    Just courious how your deal came out. We are currently looking at a Pacifica that sounds identical as far as price and options. The dealers first response was 31,800 after 3,000.00 rebate and dealership discount. Thanks!
  • sochsoch Member Posts: 11
    Did you buy one? In which city and state are you looking?
    I am in Oregon and couldn't find any dealer who would even come close to this price.

I am looking at touring AWD. MSRP $34,685. What should be the right price for it? Any help would be appreciated. I am getting $6000 off MSRP.

Thanks.
  • smttxsmttx Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a gold FWD Pacifica with Signature pkg., traction control, side curtain airbags, moonroof, tire pressure sensor and 19" wheels (ugh!). MSRP is $35,335; dealer is offering to sell for $29,395.

Is this a good deal? I'm in central Texas, if that matters.
    Thanks,
    Susan
  • mrg1mrg1 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at a similar vehicle in East Texas. They have come down from the $35,550. MSRP to $30,550.00 and that includes the $3,000.00 Rebate! I have told them they will have to come down to $28,000. Still waiting to hear. This is close to the end of the month and I think they might come down. We were shopping this past Sat and there were no other customers on the lot.....HELLO!
    Got a quote for $7K less than MSRP (including 3K rebate) out of state. In state got a quote for $6.5K less than MSRP.

Looking for AWD Touring with 26U pacakage option included.
  • bits1bits1 Member Posts: 6
    Wondering how much a lease with zero down will cost on a Pacifica AWD Touring with the 26U package - any insights would be appreciated (10k miles is enough for us). Thank you
    Recently bought with 26 U package.

The sound quality is not that great :-(

Playing through auxiliary input is not good.

Playing audio through aux input with handheld dvd player connected to battery adds lots of distortion in the audio. I think the aux input is not grounded properly.

Should have gone with the Infinity Intermezzo 385W upgrade instead of the standard 7 Infinity 200 watts system.

Anyone else having similar problems?
  • jregen7243jregen7243 Member Posts: 91
    The base audio system is definitely not one of the best out there. In my Pac, it's worse because even the slightest amount of bass causes a terrible vibration in the driver side front door that totally distorts the sound. I'm hoping its just that the speaker is loose or bad. Anyone else with this issue??
    I have the same problem with the front speakers vibrating at bass.

I wish Chrysler would have tested their audio more when making a "luxury " vehicle.
  • thewall31thewall31 Member Posts: 11
    Hi ,just baught a new 06 FWD TOURING PACIFICA
    Pearl Linen gold with the 26T package power lift gate,leather fog lamps, cd,dvd changer ,power moon roof, tire pressure monitor, rear park sensor ,Sirus satellite ect,, sticker was $32,885 got it for $30,700 plus with the april cash back incetive and finacing through chrysler got $ 4000 in rebates final price before tax $26,700
    Did I do ok ?
    Thanks for the feed back
    Lou Fort.Lauderdale Florida
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Sounds like you did ok. Still a bit over invoice, but there's nothing wrong with paying a few hundred over invoice ... but where did you get the extra $500 rebate? Edmunds only lists $3500.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jmacohjmacoh Member Posts: 5
    Maybe I'm blind but I can't find any help on Edmunds with calculating prices for a "dealer demo". I'm talking about the "sold as new- balance of manufacturers warranty" type of purchase. The question is...how should you estimate what to offer based on number of miles/remaining warranty?
    Has to be some sort of guidelines somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.
    Maybe I'm blind but I can't find any help on Edmunds with calculating prices for a "dealer demo".

A used car is a used car.
    Once it is not new, it is used. Period.

I'm talking about the "sold as new- balance of manufacturers warranty" type of purchase
    Every used car comes with the balance of the standard factory warranty. If you buy a used car from a private seller with 5000 miles on it, you get the rest of whatever warranty came standard with the car. Some extended warranties may require a small transfer fee. Car dealers do not want you to know this so that you think you are getting something extra when you pay them the extra money for that used car.
    well, everyone feels differently about it, so i think that's why you don't see any hard and fast guidelines.

My personal take is that I would treat it as a used car. Why does it matter if it was never titled? Somebody has been driving it. Its used. So I look to see what similar used vehicles are selling for. Sometimes not so easy with such a new vehicle, but it can be done.

Other folks just deduct for the miles based on a fee .. sorta like a lease. So you pick a number, let's say 20 cents per mile, and start calculating.

And still other folks might just take some arbitrary number, let's say $1k, and knock that from the lowest price they could get a zero mile model for.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

In addition to my previous post on this subject, I would look at such a dealer demo vehicle as a used rental car. Probably worse than a low mileage one owner car where the owner has really babied the vehicle. The demo would have been driven by people with no interest in the car and probably outside the recommended break-in guidelines. They still say no extremely hard acceleration for the first couple hundred miles. A new car owner will probably observe this, while someone out on a test drive will not.
  • al14al14 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, a dealer offered me a used 05 FWD Touring Pacifica with 11,000 mi for $18900 drive out. Is this a fair deal?
    Pearl Linen gold withpower lift gate,leather fog lamps, cd,dvd changer ,power moon roof, tire pressure monitor, rear park sensor ,Sirus satellite ect,,
  • zarbazarba Member Posts: 30
    Take it.
  • jdcinbostonjdcinboston Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I'm shopping for a Pacifica Touring. There's a local incentive where dealers are offering $10,000 off MSRP. I was interested in a Touring AWD 26S package. The sticker price is $33,500, so it would come to $23,300 plus 5% sales tax and a Vehicle Administration Fee of $201. Options include rear parking sensing, heated seat group, and inferno red color.

It looks like the invoice is around $31,000 with a TMV of $27,800 (including the $3,500 rebate).

What do you all think?

Thanks very much for any thoughts.
    That's a good price.

In March end the lowest price I could get was 7.5K off MSRP for a Touring AWD with 26 U package.

At this low price you may want to go for the 26U package instead of the 26S.
  • howard2dot0howard2dot0 Member Posts: 45
    According to Edmunds, there is a lease special on Touring 2WD for $299/month for 36 months at 12k miles/year with $1999 at signing in 77381 zipcode which is where I live.
    I went to one dealer who spent more than 2 hours trying to make the numbers work, but they couldn't figure out how to come to $299. What is going on here? Don't these guys know about the deal if Edmunds knows about it?
    Does anyone know any Houston dealers that can make this deal work? I am so ready to sign the deal with anyone who will make this deal work.
  • cgilcgil Member Posts: 3
    I am ready to buy but really am confused after reading all the posts. I have no idea how much I should hold out for when I go to the dealership. I need a low monthly payment and would really like a 2006 Pacifica Tourning. I can only afford the base model (no upgrades or options). Edmunds has the MSRP as $29,295, the Invoice as $26,973 and the TMV as $26,995. I need to keep the price at or under $25,000 ($21,500 with the $3500 rebate). Is this possible for this model - what do you think is the best deal I can get?? ANY input or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
  • howard2dot0howard2dot0 Member Posts: 45
    What dealer in which city did you see that price?
    I am looking for one in Houston, and at that price I'd buy it from out of state.
  • twjtwj Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up a new '05 Limited AWD (leftover) last night, fully equipped (GPS, HIDs, DVD, intermezzo, Sirius, laminated glass, bluetooth) for $29.5k, at Manassas Chrysler in northern Virginia. On the books, they showed it as $4k in dealer cash, plus a $2k consumer rebate. MSRP was just under $42k. We were going to get an '06 but there seemed no point at that price.

They were happy to sell it to me. Got a decent trade-in too.

twj
  • benficabenfica Member Posts: 1
    I bought a used Limited a couple of weeks ago. It's a 2004 with 27K. I got it for 19K and traded in my Taurus. Although it's a nice car, I still feel the dealer got the better of me. I have no mats, no headphones, no owner's manual. So far, the computer says I'm averaging 17.3mpg in NYC but I think it's wrong and I keep hearing a distinct creaking noise from the driver side front suspension when I'm stopping. I bought the ext 7/70K svc and the dealer tried to teel me that the balance of the 3/36K didn't transfer. Tell me what you think. Thanks.
    Well, the factory warranty not going with the car is total BS ... UNLESS it was a manufacturer buy-back car. You didn't happen to get a carfax with it, did you?

• stevenwstevenw Member Posts: 18
    The way most VSC's work is as follows:

The original MFG warranty continues to apply until you hit either 3 years (from original in service date) or 36,000 miles. At that point, the extended service contract you bought kicks in for the additonal time and or mileage but it's not added on. In other words, a 7 year extended warranty is only extending you 4 more years than the original 3 years - not giving you 10 years in total.

They should have explained that to you or maybe that's what they were trying to do.
    Can anyone explain the new incentive Chrysler has going on:
    Employee Pricing, Cash Allowance ?PLUS? 0% Financing.

I am questioning the 0% financing - does this apply to any length of financing time? Also, how much off is employee pricing and what is the cash allowance? I am looking at an '06 Touring with the Spring Special Edition Package (Package "P"). Edmunds is showing a $2,500 incentive when pulling up the TMV price but that is all...from what I saw on the Chrysler website, it seems like there is more to this.
    well, according to Chrysler's site, you can get employee pricing and 0/3.9/4.9 for 36/48/60 mos, respectively (so, to answer your question, yes, the 0% is restricted to 36 mos.)

OR

you can get employee pricing minus the $2500 incentive. This is not compatible with the special financing.

What is Employee Pricing - is it a percentage off or flat amount off - anyone know how it is calculated?
  • smttxsmttx Member Posts: 2
    I can only tell you how the employee pricing worked on my purchase. '06 Signature Series with moonroof and 19" wheels, sticker was $34,415 (after Signature Series discount which deducts the $1695 price of the GPS). The purchase order lists the employee price at $30,548. I got the $2500 incentive cash plus another $2000 off for a net of $26,547 before TTL and fees. Bottom line, $28,453. I'm happy with the deal and don't want to agonize over whether someone else did better. :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cgil. DaimlerChrysler's "Employee Pricing Plus" program allows consumers to purchase (or lease) a new 2006 Chrysler Pacifica dealer invoice minus dealer holdback plus a $75 administration fee. You can find the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Information on dealer holdback is available here: Edmunds.com - Dealer Holdback. When you purchase through this program, you are also entitled to any available cash incentives, which on the '06 Pacifica would be $2,000 customer cash on 5-passenger and $2,500 on 6-passenger models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • ds2006ds2006 Member Posts: 3
    We're looking at a Pacifica (Limited) with Navigation, surround sound, auto headlights, u-connect; basically everything except DVD. Purchase price with employee discount is around $32,000 (reduced from $39,900). On a 12,000 mile/year lease, 39 mo., is $545/mo. paying too much? No money down except first month's payment.
    We're in TX.

Thanks for any insight.
  • dontbuyakiadontbuyakia Member Posts: 11
    I am on Long Island. Does anyone know the current MF and residual amt for a touring AWD with the 26u pkg plus moonroof? I am looking to lease this week and the numbers seem to be all over the place. Thanks.
    The price on the car sounds pretty good. Your question is probably whether you are getting a good lease. what is the residual? There are no additional fees? They are usually included in the lease.
  • ds2006ds2006 Member Posts: 3
    We were told the residual is 52%. We got the payments down to $520 mo, 39 mo, 12,00 miles/year, and an extended warranty for the thirty-six through 39th month. Payments include tax, title and license. Only money down is first monthly payment.
    hmmmm... something seems amiss.

I'm not running all the numbers here, but let's look at the bulk of it. At 52% residual and $32k selling price, you are paying just $11,252 in depreciation over 39 months. That's $288.51/mo. I find it tough to believe that fees, tax, and title are jacking that up +$232/mo.

Let's say aquisition is $595. Add to that paperwork and DMV ... let's go crazy and say your total fees, etc comes to about $1200. So now you are financing $12,500 over 39 months. That's $320.50. Add in your tax (I don't know what yours is, but mine in jersey is now 7%) and you are at $342.95 per month. You mean to tell me they are charging you $180 in interest per month??

• ccostableccostable Member Posts: 55
    I would say a good deal is one you can afford and are comfortable with. This is probably not a great lease deal.
    Without all the info it is hard to calculate everything exactly but with a $32K net cap cost, $16440K residual, 39 month term, and a money factor of 0.0021 (approx 5% interest rate), the lease payment is $501. Add taxes and you are at about the $520 they quoted you. Over the 39 months, the finance profit they are making from you is $3967. If it were me I would either (1) get them to drop the money factor/interest rate, (2) put some money down, or(3)possibly purchase. With the 4.9% interest rate for 5years mentioned in a previous post, you would pay about $600 plus tax a month, however you would own the car in 5 years and pay the dealer/DC about the same $4000 in interest. Just my thoughts. I hope this helped.
    but with a $32K net cap cost, $16440K residual

The residual is over $20k, not $16k. Residual (in this case, 52%) is calculated off the MSRP, not the selling price.

This discussion has been closed.