Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Buick Terraza

Comments

• drakedarbymomdrakedarbymom Member Posts: 6
    I believe you can check any used vehicle that you want to buy at Carfax.com. However, that does not always mean that the Lemon details are always given. That is why there are lawsuits about used car lemons....fraudulant cases.
    Wish I had read this earlier!! My 2005 Uplander does this also but I've been told that it is normal operation for this vehicle.

Here is the explanation given by my area service manager: Veh is equipped with a Body control function for bifuel usage and will continue to crank the engine until fuel percentage is determined and delivery program is committed for actual fuel delivery.

Wonder why my other 2005 GM vehicle does not do this?
    I have a dealsership that says they can fix the whistling noise from my windshield area. This particular service guy says he replaces all the molding in the doors? He says it worked on another GM vehicle.

Problem...I am in arbitration so he won't touch it :(
  • lsauerlsauer Member Posts: 4
    My 2006 Uplander is just 2 1/2 months old and I've heard the whistling noise and some rattling going on, I don't even want to look at the moldings. Right now my biggest concerns are the flickering/dimming head/interior lights and when I reve the engine the muffler makes a stock car noise. I was told they could not duplicate (that word) either problem, bring it back in the evening for them to check the dimming lights issue. I went over to pick up the van and the technician came out to see if he could see the headlights dim but the car wouldn't start (ah...something new!). It finally started on the 4th attempt, however, the headlights would not work in automatic, the tech stood there perplexed, I then depressed the gas pedal and the car made the same stock car sound from the rear, and the tech had this pained look on his face, I wish I had brought my camera, he walked around to the rear of the van and said, he hadn't heard that sound when he tried it earlier in the day, even with the door open. I decided not to leave it there for fear something else might go wrong. When I got the car home I noticed several areas, several inches wide of fine scratches on the back bumper and finger prints all over my bumper protector, the technician must have laid his tools on my bumper and as he grabbed for them, his nails or tools scratched my bumper up. There goes the $40 for the bumper protector! Anyway, it goes back in tomorrow, for the lights, muffler and now they're going to fix the bumper! :cry:
  • pinwillypinwilly Member Posts: 6
    Here is gm's mentality i got a legal helper for my loved uplander 1 day afterwards gm called my dealer and said their is a fix for my starter. the replaced the egr valve what a joke that was. 1 week later its at it again does gm know how to fox their automobiles.
  • shreddershredder Member Posts: 11
    I am going to get a Buick Terraza (hopefully there will be no problems :->), but I am having a hard time deciding between getting the 3.9L FWD version or the 3.5L AWD version.

I live in Calgary. Canada and we get 5-6 months of snow with about every 3 weeks getting above 0 celsius for a few days. We also do get a fair bit of rain (Got to love living near the mountains!!)

Is there that much of an advantage to having AWD? We don't do off-roading or anything like that. Mainly highway driving.

I don't like the idea of losing horsepower by getting the AWD, but would the AWD make up for the lose of HP and you have more wheels powering the vehicle?

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks.
  • soderholmdsoderholmd Member Posts: 47
    For people that have issues with the van, please do a search and find what you need. We have more than covered electrical gremlins and lemon laws with some claiming the van is going to kill them :surprise: !

Please use the search feature and find out the information already covered.

P.S. The 3.9 liter is a lot stronger than the 3.5. Unless you need the AWD get the 3.9! :P
  • morewasabimorewasabi Member Posts: 58
    Is there enough snow that you may need to chain up? The owner’s manual states that you cannot put chains on these vans. You may add that to your consideration before choosing the FWD. I am not sure why there isn’t enough clearance to use chains or if there is a work around?

Has anyone put chains on their FWD SV6, Uplander, Relay or Terraza? I'm wondering if there is enough clearance that you may be able to use the cable chains?
  • shreddershredder Member Posts: 11
    I don't have an issue with the vehicle. I have done a lot of research about the problems people have. It seems that some have problems and some don't. Trouble is, my wife does not want a mini-van that looks like a mini-van. This is by far the best looking van with the most storage.

My question is what kind of conditions warrant getting the AWD? and does having AWD make up for the loss of HP from the 3.9L FWD engine?

Thanks
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    AWD or 4WD are important where the roads are not plowed well. For example, if you live or travel alot in rural areas with heavy snow and these roads are not plowed often, then you probably want the AWD. AWD helps you get started in deep snow but it doesn't help braking in slippery conditions. Thus,I would go with the 2WD and buy 4 steel rims and 4 snow tires. Alloy rims corrode with road salt. You probably want to keep the original rims in excellent condition. Blizzaks are a good snow tire. I have used them for many years. I hope this information is helpful.
  • pjinypjiny Member Posts: 1
    Lights - Check your alternator. I bought a 2005 in Jan 2006 and when I picked it up they told me about a recall on the alternator for flickering lights. A voltage problem. They replaced it free.
  • dannodanno Member Posts: 114
    I agree. Get the 3.9 and buy 4 steel wheels and 4 winters to match. Blizzak WS-50 is a great place to start. I have a 2005 Uplander LS with the 4 steels and Dunlop winters. The winter tires give you more over all safety help(steering, braking)than does AWD and All season tires. I have a 2002 Ford Escape with AWD with 4 winters. That thing is amazing in the snow but now I am starting to stray off thread.

4 steels and 4 winters - you won't regret it.
  • soderholmdsoderholmd Member Posts: 47
    I agree. Get the 3.9 and buy 4 steel wheels and 4 winters to match. Blizzak WS-50 is a great place to start.

4 steels and 4 winters - you won't regret it.

+1 :)
  • haditwithmyvanhaditwithmyvan Member Posts: 19
    Just a bit of INFO on these vans....I have posted here before so now I will update my situation. We bought our 05 SV6 in August of last year...we went through a buyback and on March 13th we took posession of another new 05 SV6(even though that is not what I would have preferred, we were hoping that it was just a fluke). On March 21st our van was back in the shop with door and tire problems and it is STILL in the shop. This is NOT a coincidence. These vans are NOT quality vehicles. Anyone have any comments for me or blessingsx4 now?
    I also forgot to add that the mouldings had to be replaced before I even got the van....It is only a matter of time before GM will have to buy this one back as well....AND THEN I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM VEHICLE AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    It's just terrible that you have such bad luck. Thank goodness the rest of us have managed to buy the solitary examples of reliable, relatively trouble free, well built GM minivans. I will be dropping by my dealership tomorrow to discuss another vehicle that I plan to order, and while there I am going to make sure to thank them for their obvious effort in steering me to the single van out of the many they've sold that doesn't have serious quality and safety problems.

Thank you both for opening the eyes of the rest of us on the internet. Please go forth and spread the word at other sites. Those of us on Edmunds are all blessed by the enlightenment you've given us, so you don't need to waste further time on us. Please, feel free to share the wealth with the rest of the world now.
    And I wish you the BEST of luck with the new "high quality" vehicle I am sure that you will get.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Well, here's all the changes for the 2007 vans. Notable headlines, I guess, are them FINALLY dropping the 3.5L, so now the 3.9L will be standard on every one. But, at the same time, AWD also now disappears. Also sounds like the Terraza is losing its independent rear suspension, but I can't be sure, at least from the way it's worded.

These vans are slowly on their way "out the pasture" anyway, so it's all just some relatively minor stuff to make the end of their life a little sweeter.

2007 Chevrolet Uplander
    Deletions:
    (15U) Sandstone Metallic exterior color
    (38U) Emerald Jewel Metallic exterior color
    (53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color
    CX12216 All-Wheel Drive model
    (T56) Rear spoiler
    (LX9) 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI engine
    New Features:
    (14U) Light Amethyst Metallic exterior color
    (35U) Polar Blue Metallic exterior color
    (51U) Gold Mist Metallic exterior color
    (81U) Medium Brown Metallic exterior color - not available at start of production
    (P04) 17" aluminum wheels
    (P23) 17" 5-spoke, Bright Chrome clad aluminum wheels
    Dual-zone manual air conditioning on 2LT and 3LT models
    Deluxe floor mats on 2LT and 3LT models
    (LGD) 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI FlexFuel engine, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol - interim availability
    Changes:
    (LZ9) 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI engine is now standard on all models
    DVD removed from LS models, remains only on LT models

2007 Buick Terraza
    Deletions:
    All-Wheel Drive model 4X12216
    (LX9) Engine, 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI
    (FE4) Suspension, 4-wheel independent, Sport
    (FE5) Suspension, 4-wheel independent
    Exterior Color (15U) Cashmere Metallic
    Exterior Color (38U) Emerald Green Metallic
    Exterior Color (53U) Sandstone Metallic
    (N85) Wheels, 17" 10-spoke aluminum
    New Features:
    Exterior Color (14U) Light Quartz Metallic
    Exterior Color (35U) Polar Blue Metallic
    Exterior Color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic
    Introduction of new CX base contented vehicle (1SA)
    (FE3) Suspension, Ride and Handling, includes (G67) automatic level control on 1SB and 1SD
    (FE1) Suspension, Ride and Handling.
    (UE1) OnStar with Directions and Connections plan including Turn-By-Turn navigation
    (N85) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) 8-spoke aluminum
    Changes:
    (LZ9) 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI engine is now the standard engine
    CX 1SB trim level is now referred to as CX Plus
    (VEH) Regular Production Accessory, overhead storage consoles are no longer an RPA, now factory installed
    Overhead bins inserts for first aid kit, CD/DVD storage and sunglasses holder are now only available through GM Accessories
    (15U) Sandstone Metallic exterior color
    (38U) Emerald Jewel Metallic exterior color
    (53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color
    CX12216 All-Wheel Drive model
    (T56) Rear spoiler
    (LX9) 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI engine
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    After the new price increase for the SV6, it has officially been taken out of the running for the Escape's replacement. GM increased the base price to $29,955.00 for the SV6. With our current budget, we are NOT going to spend more than $28k for a vehicle. It was nice talking with all of you and hope all works out well with any problems that arrise.

Odie
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I wonder why they would be deleting the independent rear suspension from the Terraza.

Also the only selling point I see in the base Uplander is the standard DVD so now I guess there will be less people buying base Uplanders.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    Interesting changes. Will the 3.9L be going into the RWB models also? What kind of mileage penalty do you pay for the 3.9?

I am surprised they are getting rid of the AWD option, I see a lot of AWD vans in the Toronto area.
  • blessingsx4blessingsx4 Member Posts: 16
    I really am surprised about the AWD thing. It is a big selling point in minivans. With gas prices as they are, many people were willing to buy these CSV's with the all wheel drive as a substitute for the SUV. I know that was a big thing for us. Also, the DVD thing will not help. I remember the sales pitch we received while shopping for our Uplander. The very FIRST thing the sales guy mentioned was that it had a DVD even in the base model. Now what will be their big selling point? I guess I don't understand how eliminating the two features that I thought, in my humble opinion, were the best ones on the vehicle will make it any sweeter. Oh, and I am glad you are felling so blessed, Jerry. It is wonderful that we have been able to impact your life in such a positive and uplifting way. The very fact that you were so deeply moved that you took the time to post about it for all of Edmunds to see...I now know that all of the trials I went through this past year were worth it just so I could continue to bless you and others like you. What type of vehicle are you ordering now? I very sincerely wish you and all of the rest of you here on this forum the best of luck in all of your endeavors; those involving your vehicles AND in every other aspect of your lives.
  • sschoenbergsschoenberg Member Posts: 3
    Consumer reports gave all the GM minivans the same bad review. Bad is putting it midly. I test drove a 2006 Buick CXL 3.5L and liked it. With my GM points the dealer has come down to 24K from 32K +Tax, Title etc.(USD) for a new minvan with 900 miles on it. Just wondering if there is any real justification for the bad review and bad reliability rating. Are people generally happy with the Minivan? I find it strange that they have so many on the lot and are willing to come off 6K from the sticker plus I will get 2K in GM points off. Seems too good to be true. Should I wait for the 2007? Will they be more reliable and fix the issue that I have read with the 2006? Any usefull input would be appreciated.
    I think it's just that the reliability on these have not been at Honda/Toyota levels and they lack some of the features buyers demand in the minivan market- things like a fold flat third row seat and a five speed automatic.

If you don't mind giving up those 2 the GM vans can be a very good deal though.

I'd say take it. There is no way you can get an Odyssey EX-L or Sienna XLE for $24K.
    I think I will consider leasing one. That way if it is a lemon, I will not be stuck holding it past warranty. Anyone know the residual value for a 3 or 4 year lease with 12K or 15K per year?
    Leasing sounds good but I don't know how well these vans are holding their value.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    The GM minivans are not "bad" vehicles that will leave you stranded on the street. But the other manufactures (minus Ford) have really improved their minivans over the past few years. GM (and Ford) simply tried to get away with upgrading existing, mediocre vans. And they both are paying the price with low sales.

I would test drive a few minivans and come back to the Terraza, that deal will still be there. The important thing to remember you have to buy the best vehicle that fits your family needs. Magazine reviews, online forums, etc. are nice tools but it is ultimately your decision. I cna give you my opinion but I'm not paying for your vehicle and you don't know me from Adam.

like I mention earlier, take some more test drives, get some more quotes and then make your decision. You are asking the right questions but I think you know the answers as well.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    If you do lease, do not lease for longer than the bumper to bumper warranty.

I believe there is a leasing forum here on Edmunds. Lots of knowledgable folks on that board.
    If the residual value is 50% of 29,000 or 14,500 after 4 years and I got the van for 24K then I would have to pay 9500/48 + interest on 24K at 6%. I did some research and could not find the residual value though. Saw some web sites that said it is typically 58 to 50% of TMV.
  • technical1technical1 Member Posts: 3
    I strongly disagree with one person's comment concerning “GM vans are not up to the level of Honda or Toyota.” I rented a 2006 Chevy Uplander LT with the 3.5L, a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE, and have carefully examined a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX. We also now own a 2006 Chevy Uplander 2LT with the 3900 engine.

Many people make a big issue about how the Sienna and Odyssey have seats that fold into the floor. The problem is that these seats are rather uncomfortable, and have excessive spinal flexion positioning. The back seats also have minimal leg room, which did not impress our 2 middle-school aged boys. They also result in a van that sits too low to the ground, in my opinion, making the van less functional during camping trips and snowy situations. The Sienna that we drove “moaned” loudly during acceleration, had excessively sensitive steering, and had an annoying stutter at highway speeds (transmission problems? A/C compressor clutch issues?). It was a bit noisy as well…forget about hearing the people in the back seat. The conversation mirror was clever but rather cheap, and was consistent with many of the other controls and features. If you look at the open forum websites for the Toyota and Honda, these vehicles (especially Honda Odyssey) are having some less than cosmetic problems (transmission problems, among them). The GM minivans have solid power trains, and most of the 2005 problems have been corrected for the 2006 model year. After renting the Toyota Sienna, we were ready to turn it back in…no one was impressed with it.

Although the Toyota and Sienna try to make their vehicles look more “modern,” in reality they do not have the luxurious ride or feel of the Uplander and its cousins. The stark, annoying blue night-time lighting on the Sienna instrument cluster is a good example of how Toyota is more glitter than guts. The lack of a spare tire on the Odyssey and Sienna did not make much sense to me either. We were so impressed with the Uplander that we had rented that we recently ordered/purchased one with the 3900 engine. It is very quiet, silky-smooth, and comfortable, and the 3900 has plenty of low end torque. We are getting 30 mpg on flat surfaces on the highway at 55 mph, 26 mpg at 65 mpg. This is better than the real mileage that Sienna and Odyssey are actually getting (they do not get their EPA numbers, but the GM's do). The seats in the Uplander are a cut above the rest, with captain’s chairs that provide proper spinal positioning. I have gone over the van with a fine tooth comb and have found the initial quality to be very good. It was built at the Doraville, GA plant in February. I have not found any significant flaws yet. The 3900 engine does not have the “flickering light” issue that occurred in the 2005’s with the 3.5L engine. We have not experienced any of the other problems that people have published in this forum for the 2005 model year (so far).

One recommendation: buy the GM van with the 3900 engine, not the 3.5L engine. It makes a HUGE difference. Vans with this engine are not being discounted much and may be hard to find, so you may have to do a factory order to get it configured the way you want it. We received ours in about 4 weeks.

I found the reviews by the mass media to be fairly worthless for my van search. Their preferences do not line up with mine. You may find the same to be true for you as well.
  • genmtrfangenmtrfan Member Posts: 78
    Technical 1. I couldn't agree more. While there have apparently been some issues with some of these '05 models, mainly regarding the lights, I have also become very frustrated with the negativity of the "professional" reviewers. We have an '05 Uplander that was built in December '04, so it was early in the production cycle. Even so, we've been extremely happy with the vehicle. As I've posted here before, the value that these vans provide is unparalleled. After incentives and GM Card redemption points, we only paid 23,700 for an LT with everything except for traction control and the towing package. I agree with you that fit and finish are very good.

Has the van been perfect? No. We've had some common issues: side moldings, stiff horn pad, and some minimal sporadic light flicker. The moldings are being replaced this week, the horn springs were replaced under a GM TSB. The light flicker is still with us, even after changing the alternator. However, it is so minimal and so infrequent that it's barely worth mentioning and certainly not a safety issue for us. In my opinion these minor inconveniences have be outweighed by the SUV styling, 17" wheels, DVD player(3 kids), 22 mpg in the city, nice looking interior, great seats, and Onstar. All that equipment for around ten grand less than a comparably equipped "whatever" was enough to win us over. By the way, the 200 hp 3.5 liter engine, while not class-leading, does a good job. Yes, I would love to have the 3.9 but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker, neither were the "fold in-floor seats." The seats are a good compromise because the fold almost into the floor, but still provide full-size support. I doubt that most people would have many occasions to take them completely out. Even so, if GM is going to succeed, it needs to do what it takes to appease the professional reviewers by offering the same features as other vehicles and better than average reliability. While Uplander owners know that these vans are fully functional, prospective buyers are likely steered away by the media and savvy Honda/Toyota sales people.
    The new GM vans seem to be selling well, I see them everywhere. I have to admit, the big nose was not a big selling point at first but I really like them now, the vans looks bigger and more SUV like, they have a good presence!
    Definitely true. We stopped by the local McDonalds for breakfast one morning a few weeks ago. On the way out a gentleman stopped me and asked me if I liked our vehicle, because he drives a lot for his job and is looking for another vehicle. I told him yes, so he asked me what kind of mileage I was getting from it. I was honest, 22-24 mpg highway so far, not broken in yet though. He said that was good for an SUV. That was when I told him that it's a minivan. He was surprised, and said he thought it was an SUV. The reason he was asking all the questions is that he's looking for the replacement vehicle to be an SUV.

Dunno if he checked out the CSVs or not, and didn't ask if that changed his intentions. But I definitely know that the redesign's intent of having a more SUVish appearance is definitely working.
  • skyhawkskyhawk Member Posts: 126
    I have been a loyal GM owner for over 40 years. I have been reading this forum for several months while I was "snow birding". After much research with various van owners where I was staying, I decided to buy a SV6. My local Pontiac dealer is top notch. I was dismayed when they told me that Pontiac recently closed ordering of the 06 model and they were directed not to take orders for 07's. A dealer search did not find what I am looking for. I have not decided what plan B will be. I am unimpressed with the local Buick and Chevy dealers.
    Is your local Pontiac dealer a standalone dealer? Nowadays most dealerships are Pontiac-Buick-GMC.
    He is only Pontiac. He does move a lot of cars and his service is outstanding.
    Have you tried the Saturn dealer? I'm sure they would be more than happy to custom order a Relay for you...
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yes, and out of all of them, the Saturn is the closest to the Pontiac in the looks department.
    Surprised they have cut off the 06's already. Very early. I would think you could go till the end of April at least.

Can you not get the same price on an 07?
    According to my Pontiac dealer, Pontiac is out of the van market. There will be no more SV6's. They recommended that I go to a Buick dealer.
  • bseifferlybseifferly Member Posts: 1
    I have had some problems with my lease. My side sliding doors will often electronically open by themselves. I do not know what the problem is and I am wondering if anyone has had the same. My van has been in the shop numerous times for this problem and they do not know what the problem is. Usually, my car has to be at a complete stop and in park in order for the doors to open automatically. None of the buttons in the car or on my key ring had been pressed. This problem even occurs when my children are not in the vehicle. Replies would be greatly appreciated. :mad: :confuse:
  • hammy233hammy233 Member Posts: 24
    Link: http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr041606.html
    Article quote:

Uplander minivan is poor performer in side test:

The Institute tested the Chevrolet Uplander with and without its optional side airbags (results apply to similar Buick, Pontiac, and Saturn models). In both tests there were problems with the seats in the middle row. With the optional side airbags, all four attachment points for the seat occupied by the rear passenger dummy completely dislodged. The seat broke free.

In the second test without side airbags, one attachment point released and a second one broke, allowing partial separation of the seat from the floor.

"This didn't worsen the injury measures recorded on the rear dummy, but a real person in a more complicated real-world crash might not fare as well.

Seats should stay attached because they're part of the restraint system, and in real crashes vehicles may roll over or be hit again," Lund explains. If this hadn't happened, the Uplander with optional side airbags would earn a rating of acceptable for protection in side impacts. The seat problem downgrades the rating to marginal.

Without the optional side airbags, the Uplander is poor regardless of the seat problem.

General Motors engineers have identified a fix for the seats and shown the Institute promising data from a prototype test. When this change has been made in production models, the Institute will test the Uplander again and report the results. :lemon: :lemon:
  • iglooigloo Member Posts: 8
    On the 2005 Terrazas, the chrome pieces are on both sides of the front bumper. The moldings on the sides of the rear bumper are there as well. On the 2006s, you would not see those anymore. Not a big deal, but I thought the chrome pieces are nice touches. Other than that, I don't notice any other changes in the looks department.
  • delirious_cardelirious_car Member Posts: 7
    One thing that really annoys me is the styling of the Saturn Relay. In my opinion the Saturn Relay is the best looking one of the 4, except for one thing. The lower black plastic molding that runs all the way up the back of the rear bumper. The molding on the front looks great, but then, on the back side, they choose to basically make the entire back bumper made out of the stuff. They should have done what Pontiac did and do half the back bumper with body color, and the other half out of the black molding.
  • rukmnsrukmns Member Posts: 2
    I have been following this forum for a few weeks and here is my list of problems with our '05 Uplander LS. It was purchased used with 22,000 miles in Sept 2005,it now has 40,000 miles.
    New alternator per TSB
    New sliding door moldings(originals were coming off)
    New sway bar link on driver side front
    Goodyear tires(rear)cupped(very loud highway noise)
    Rear 3rd brake light lens cracked(replaced by dealer)

Dealer service has been excellent,but I wonder if this vehicle is going to last???
  • genmtrfangenmtrfan Member Posts: 78
    It sounds like you have the typical problems except for the brake light cover and the sway bar link on the front. We have replaced the moldings, alt, and I replaced our Goodyears at only 16K miles for the same reason. Those problems aside, I predict these vans will have solid long term reliability as we're not hearing of pre-mature engine or transmission failures. By the way, what were they symptoms of the sway bar problem?

Regarding the tires, I replaced the GY's with Yokahoma AVID TRZ tires (rated highly on Tire Rack). These have made a huge improvement in wet traction and noise. I'm going to be sure to rotate these every 5k. I've heard enough people comment on the rear tires that I wonder if the rear wheels are causing pre-mature wear or if the GY Integrity's just could not handle the job. One morning we were late for the airport, the van was loaded-down and I was taking the corners really fast. By the time I was almost there, every time I took a hard left it sounded like a wheel bearing(really loud roaring/grinding sound). When we got to the airport I could actually smell smoke (although I didn't see any). I believe that the GY tires were wearing poorly and could not handle my spirited manuevering. Tires fault or van's? I don't know, but I'm only letting these new tires stay on the back for 5K at a time.
  • rukmnsrukmns Member Posts: 2
    Symptoms for the sway bar link were a light metal to metal rattling and not necessarily on rough pavement,took it to dealer and had a service tech ride with me and he heard the same thing. I love the gas mileage but the tires will diffently have to be replaced soon.
  • stobarstobar Member Posts: 110
    My new '05 Buick CXL has the Goodyear Integrity Tires. I read a few posts that people had experienced problems with them. I wanted to follow up to see if they are that bad? I know that my 2001 Olds Silhouette had Goodyear tires that I ended up replacing somewhere around 36,000 miles due to treadware, and bought Michelin Simmetry's which turned out to be a wise choice. If there are any other comments regarding the Goodyears and possible replacements, I would love to hear. I'm hoping not to replace these any time soon, and have always leaned towards Michelins as replacements. Thanks.
  • islandgirl2006islandgirl2006 Member Posts: 4
    I had the same sway bar link replaced on my 05 SV6- it was like a knocking noise from the front drivers side at slower speeds. The dealership first thought it was a broken sway bar, then decided it was the link and fixed it. I thought it came back a couple months later, but it turned out to be something else- they put some kind of insulators in the wheel wells that time. I'm not sure if that fixed it, or just made it quieter!
    The tires on my 2005 CX are the same ones you have. They are quiet, good riding / handling tires, but seem to be wearing fairly fast. We have less than 10,000 miles on the van so far and from the appearance of the tread I don't expect to make it past 25,000. Maybe not even 20,000. I'll probably check out tirerack.com to see some reviews of other passenger tires when the time comes to replace these, as I like the quietness and ride, but would hate to keep replacing tires every 20k.