Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    I'm sorry whitrx i was unclear, i LIVE in the va area but I actually bought and had mine shipped because they didn't have exactly what I wanted here. However, I think at Charles Barker Lexus in VA Beach I remember seeing a Breakwater Blue on the lot I don't know if it had navigation or not. I don't know how well they negotiate in price since they are the only Lexus dealer in the Hampton Roads area but you could give them a try. Goodluck, sorry I couldn't be of anymore help!
  • whitrx330whitrx330 Member Posts: 28
    Ahalem,

You are correct. The price, options, packages, invoice and color cost does vary from state to state as well as dealer to dealer. My cost of $500 above the invoice price included the Prem Plus package with Cargo Mat and wheel locks. I can see from this forum the best deals seem to be out west.
    Thank you. My brother lives in the Hampton Roads area so I'm very familiar with that locale. Does your vehicle have Nav? I'm just trying to see if my price of $35,475 with the Prem Plus Package, Cargo Mat and wheel locks is a good deal. Thanks for the reply
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    Hi Worthyone.

I just sent you an email about my experience and recent purchase in Tampa.
  • ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    No my vehicle doesn't have Nav. I believe the price you were quoted is an excellent deal for our area. Goodluck and let me know what you decide!
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    Paid $43.3k out the door. Price was $39.5k with MSRP 44.3k.

Premium plus, Navi with Rear camera, 18in alloy wheel, Heated seat and rain sensing wiper, cargo mat, wheel lock.

Dealer was Magnussen's Lexus, Fremont, CA.
    My wife loves it.

Swamy
  • cincogolfnutcincogolfnut Member Posts: 6
    If you don't mind, can you send me the name of your salesperson? my e-mail address is stran@houston.rr.com
  • rvsvlexusrvsvlexus Member Posts: 1
    This is AWD, correct? Did they have the car in stock?
    I purchased a FWD with premplus+navi from them recently and was told it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get the car; same color.
    Thanks.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Listing your email as public rather than posting here will produce a lot less spamm.
  • worthyoneworthyone Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Thanks for responding. For some reason I don't have an e-mail from you but would like to hear what you have to say. Please resend e-mail to worthygirl@aol.com. Thanks.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    Yes. This is AWD. When I first enquired they did'nt have it. The salesperson I worked with, called after two days that they got the shipment and one RX available with the specification I was looking for.

swamy.
  • newgrad1newgrad1 Member Posts: 1
    Just finalized RX330 with Premium Plus MSRP 41208 giving me at 37400. Is this good deal ?
    Also can someone tell me if newly graduated student gets 750 rebate ? If yes what is needed to get that discount / rebate.

Thanks
  • jman14188jman14188 Member Posts: 5
    Cruise is standard - its not an option. The laser cruise is not available yet even though it shows as an option. I paid $44,200 out the door and it included Premium plus package, NAV system, 18" wheels, Heated seats(which I doubt you need), Tow Prep package and Preferred accessory package and a 7 year Platinum extended warranty with $0 deductable. Hope this helps. My suggestion is to find the lowest price you can online and make them match it.
    I got the same exact car for $44,200 otd with the 7 year Platinum $0 deduct warranty.
  • smartyjonessmartyjones Member Posts: 22
    Was the platnium warranty from lexus and if so how much was it. If it was from someone else could you please tell me what it covers and for how long.
  • ahalemahalem Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,

I could not buy my RX last week , due to negotiation issues on the trade in value for my old car, so I am switching to new dealer in NJ and to 4x4 instead of 4x2 , would you please help me and let me know if the price: $37,300 sound right to you, the car is :

AWD RX 330 , Black color , premium plus package.
  • slvajonesslvajones Member Posts: 14
    I'm in the market for 2004 RX330-FWD. Preferably Silver with black interior. The quotes I've been getting are much higher than the prices I've seen here. Is it possible to get this vehicle close to invoice in the state of Florida? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

silva1246@hotmail.com
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    JM Lexus in Margate, FL claims to be the largest Lexus dealer in the world. You might want to see if he will give you a quote at invoice.
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    I got $500 over invoice at County Line Lexus in North Miami. But I had to select from what was on the lot at the time. You can do the deal overt the phone as I did.
    Thank you. I'll try those two. The dealer in my own area (Orlando) claims to have "no dealer fee", but so far his out the door quote has been the highest. Shap - How long ago did you make your purchase? Did the dealer have much of a selection to choose from?
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Dear slvajones, people can find your email under your profile. Best not to post here. You are wide open to spam.
    I got my car on Memorial Day Weekend. They had plenty to choose from. Unfortunately, most had the grey interior and I was looking for the beige since I got the Bamboo exterior.
  • ascvaascva Member Posts: 1
    ladyofluxury,
    Can you tell me which dealer you went to in VA to get your $900 over invoice deal? Was it an "internet deal" or "face-to-face" deal?
    You just have to be careful about what the dealer defines as "invoice". In my research(in Florida) the "invoice" price varied by as much as $1,000, depending on the source. For your configuration, which is about the same as mine, you should be looking at an invoice in the $34,000ish range (low to mid). And I also did not pay any dealer fees. So, if you can get under that, jump on it ASAP!!!! And I will kick myself for not waiting another month ;).
    Slvajones,

I am in the market for a RX 330 as well. Could you please forward your Dealer contact information my way, so I may reap some of your success?

Thank you
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    Really like the idea of having the black RX 330, but have learned my lesson when it comes to dings and other things ... just shows all the dirt and flaws SO easily. Seems like the paint has been chipping a little too easily for some people as well. Anyone wanna respond? I think the Silver is my choice just b/c it won't show as much and I plan on keeping this car longer than I have kept cars in the past.
  • katherine6katherine6 Member Posts: 61
    and it does show everything, but I can take it to the dealer and have it washed any time without charge, so that helped me make the decision for black. I also got a complete clear front end bra and have had no paint chips. I will get the clear bra on any other vehicel I get. Even though it was expensive, it's worth it to me to not have to think about paint chips, especially here in New England where we have lots of road sand (gravel is more like it) and and rock salt in winter.

I really like the black!

katherine
  • nicolosi1nicolosi1 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to purchase from Ray Catena in Oakhurst NJ. The amount of $39445 was that your out the door price or before your TTL? I inquired about the RX330 with premium plus package they gave me a price of $37,900, definitely think they can do better than that. I have dealt with their other dealershipships before and you have to beat them for hours to get the price you want. With all other costs I was looking at $41,000 and change.
    Well hopefully by this weekend I'll be picking up a new RX 330! The dealer is holding the vehicle for me. I'll fill in more details once everything is said and done. To nort & whitrx330 - I sent you an email.
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    From an online inquiry:

Offered me $38,877 on an invoice of $36,759 with MSRP of $41,938.

I can do better than this can't I? It's one of only 2 Lexus dealers in the state though. Said the deal only holds until Saturday, but I know they have 3 exactly like this car on the lot. Said they had been running a Prem Plus Pkg special for June for the price and would apply it to the car I'm wanting ... that was the $38,877 offer.

I have a trade-in as well, but didn't mention it yet b/c I wanted to get a feel for what they were giving me off of the MSRP. I can wait ... I'm in no hurry.
  • cluelessintxcluelessintx Member Posts: 1
    guess everyone in this forum is looking for a deal on an RX. i'm in central TX. the best deal i have found in TX is in the mid $35's for an RX - premium package, 18" wheels, RS wipers and power rear door. i decided to get some quotes from dealers in CA. keyes lexus quoted a premium PLUS for $34,995. (i think thats the same, but with the upgraded wood, HID head lights) also emailed longo lexus in CA. they called and said that lexus' corporate policy would not allow dealers to sell out of state. i called lexus customer service and they said dealers could sell to anyone they want to. i conveyed this to longo yesterday and have not heard back. based on some earlier messages, looks like there may be better deals (low to mid $34's), but i haven't found one yet. has anyone else heard about the "won't sell out of state" issue?
    The warranty was $2,050 so not much discount and it was from Lexus. I feel its worth it since I plan on keeping it at least 7 years.
    Cluelessintx,

Yes CA is in the business of selling vehicles to those of us who reside in other states. Lexus of Glendale will be your best Bet ($35,475). email me off-Line for further information. My number is public

Thanks

Whit
    Best written offer I've gotten is 35k, plus tax and tag. "37,282 out the door" for a fwd, premium pack with extra options (rain sensing wipers, rear power, towing). I found another dealer that was also willing to match that offer.

A couple notes: I got the first 35k quote near the end of last month from salesman that was 2 cars away from making his monthly quota. It may be difficult to get that price at the beginning of the month.

Secondly, I did not get these quotes from the internet staff. As a matter a fact, the worst quotes I've gotten have been over the internet, as a result of filing out of those email price request forms. Just my experience. My best quotes have come from calling on the phone and asking to speak directly to the sales manager, or by paying a visit to the dealership.

In case you're wondering why we haven't made our purchase yet, it's because my husband is holding out for the local Lexus dealer to bring his price down. He feels if we purchase locally this will help to insure a better dealer service. The good thing is our local dealer's price has come down considerably, since he knows he has competition a couple hours away. So we are pretty close to making a purchase. Hope this is helpful.

To whitfield & nort- Check your email.
    Regarding your concerns about better service from the local dealer, you shouldn't let that get in the way of getting a better deal elsewhere. The service part of the dealership is completely separate from the sales dept. I'm told Lexus service dept. doesn't care where you bought the car, they make the same $ on the service either way.
    And you'll get the same level of service.

Mind you, I haven't had my first service yet, but I will be in this situation. I'll be going to my "local" dealer in the next couple of weeks, so I'll let you know.
    Slvajones,

Thanks for the email. I am still in pursuit of an RX 330 as well. My color of choice is Breakwater Blue. I bet if all of us found a dealer who would be willing to give us all a great deal we would be set. Please let me know what you find. I want to purchase by this weekend.

Thanks

Whit
    This weekend we finally took delivery of a Silver RX 330 (fwd with the premium pack, power rear door, 18" wheels, wood steering wheel and knobs, rain sensing wipers, tow pack). I mentioned above that we had quotes as low as 35,000 (plus tax and tag, no dealer fee) from dealers in two other cites, but my husband wanted to purchase locally for a little extra piece of mind.

Finally our local dealer came through within a few hundred of the lowest quote we had, and we made our purchase at 35,300 plus tax and tag (no dealer fee). So with new tag (not a transfer), 7% tax and a $17 recording fee, the total out the door cost came to $37,633. We had no trade in, so this is a real price. Also, were it not for having to purchase a new tag (our previous vehicle was a lease, so the tag we had was not ours to keep) it would have been a $100 less.

The delivery experience was unbelievable, unlike any other that we have ever had before! We were first presented with the keys (4 sets) and gifts which included 2 beautiful Lexus key chains and a large detailed Lexus US road map. Next, we were given a complete tour of the dealership with customer lounge areas that looked liked the lobby of a luxurious hotel, and explained some of their dealer perks: free hand washes for your vehicle any time you want; free food and beverage throughout the day: "breakfast at 7 am and lunch is at 12 noon"; computers for internet access.

They had our RX 330 right inside the dealer show room where it was facing the two front doors. Inside we were able to comfortably go over every single detail on our RX. Our sales person set up our seat memory, homelink, all our radio settings, and most of our other personal preferences.

In parting, he made sure we had his cell phone number, and said we could call him if we ever needed anything pertaining to our RX service, and that he would personally make sure we got special care from that dealership. I have to say, the whole experience was incredible, and we felt like we had just joined a prestigious country club in addition to purchasing a great vehicle!
    To SLYAJONES,

Thank you. I will be picking up my NEW RX 330 Breakwater Blue RX 330 from Countyline Lexus, Florida (fwd with the premium pack, power rear door, 18" wheels, wood steering wheel and knobs, rain sensing wipers, tow pack). The deal cost me $34,999. You definitely receive the Tip of the Month Award from me!

Whit!
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hello,
    I am starting my research on a new RX330 in the DC area.
    I would appreciate if people had any recent experience with the Lexus dealers in this area especially Lexus of Rockville or Lexus of Silverspring.
    Thanks
    Prasad
    Prasadperi,

I am also from the DC area (work in DC live in Fredericksburg). I have tried without success to neg a deal below the $37,000 mark. The dealers in the Virginia, D.C. and Maryland area do not want to neg on price. I even went through COSTCO which resulted in $2,000 off MSRP (for the M/D/W area). I finally had to go out of town (Florida) to purchase my vehicle (Pick up is this weekend).

Whit
  • c2muchc2much Member Posts: 2
    From the Lexus site, only offers 2 packages: with and without NAV.
    I'm looking for the AWD without NAV, which includes: Prem+, 18"wheels, Accessory pkg, HeatedSeats+RainSensingWipers, Tow pkg.
    MSRP of $41,938 Invoice of $36,759

Got a offer for $38,500. gotta do better than this!
    Can anyone share their quotes from Englewood, RayCatena, BayRidge, DiFeo, Manhattan, etc.

Thanks...
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is working on a story about current model year cars and summer sellathons and would like to interview someone who thinks they've figured out when is the best time to buy a current model-year car - late summer? Early fall? She's looking for someone who's shopping for a good deal right now but recent shoppers may also respond.
    Please write to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 12, 2004 with your daytime contact info and thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hello,
    Thanks for the information. I had a similar experience with the DC dealers with respect to an Acura MDX also. No body wants to negotiate since the demand is so high.

I guess as Sylvajones pointed out it is still the beginning of the month.

I would appreciate if you provided me withthe details of the person/s to contact. Also details of the vehicle too.

Thanks
    Prasad Peri
    Prasad Peri,

I emailed you on the subject. Here's some additional information....Retail Buyer's Order: 2004 RX 330 FWD; Breakwater Blue with Light Gray Interior; Wood Steering Wheel with wood Gear Shift; 18' Wheels; Power Rear Door; Rain Sensor, moon roof and other options) $36,282.67 OUT THE DOOR Taxes and Tags included!

Thanks Forum
  • nicolosi1nicolosi1 Member Posts: 14
    I have been pricing the same vehicle as you the AWD w/out the navigation but included with the Premium Package. I got my first quote from Bay Ridge over the internet without negotiation $37,900 was what I was quoted. I then went to Ray Catena in Oakhurst they quoted me $38,500 when I initially sat down, I gave the salesmen the print out of the Bay Ridge quote and he automatically matched it. This is for vehicles he had on the lot, if you are looking for white, black or silver Ray Catena is overstocked. I have not yet purchased the truck I told Ray Catena I would think about it because I told them I can do better in Bay Ridge, they have called me 7 times and e-mailed 3 since I left. Your best bet if you are not in a rush wait until the end of August they will have leftover 2004 that they will push out for the 2005 coming in. You will get the best price from Ray Catena at that time because they are overstocked, i am looking to spend $37,000.
  • alex800alex800 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought RX330 AWD with Navi for 43106 out the door from Ray Catena. This includes 8.625% NY tax. Let me know if you want my salesman’s name. The car should be here this coming Monday.

MSRP Price: $44,288
    Invoice Price: $39,197

All-Wheel Drive
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Towing Package
    Premium Plus Package
    18 in. Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    Multi-Stage Heated Front Seats w/RS

Base price: $39,385
    Doc fees: $324
    NY Tax: 3,397

Total: 43,106
  • ckbckb Member Posts: 2
    If you purchase a car in another town, will the service department in your home town still provide a free loaner car for service calls?
  • stevesteinstevestein Member Posts: 263
    promises a loaner if your car has to be kept overnight for a covered repair that takes more than 8 hours (only 95% sure about the 8 hours part). Anything else, such as a routine service is up to the dealer, and they may or may not provide a loaner. It's their choice.
  • txctxc Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Raleigh area which only has one dealership. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to pick up or have delivered if I can find a good deal. Which direction is best for a good deal? North to the Richmond/DC area? East to VA Beach? South to SC or GA or West to Tenn?
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    c2much,

I'm in the same boat. Looking for that exact car in the NY/NJ area.

I got a 38,050 offer from Rallye. You do any better yet?

Email me please and we'll help each other figure out the best deal.
This discussion has been closed.