Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• car_buyercar_buyer Member Posts: 1
    bought a 2005 rx330 at Lexus of northboro.

msrp 42,458

paid 38,700 plus a 200 for title and prep fees

they put on the hard press but were good to deal with....do your homework. I think I could have done a bit better
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    You are welcome, newestnew.

I'm glad to hear that your price will be much cheaper to transport a car. The reason my bill was so high is because the boat was overall 35 feet in length and weighed 11,000 plus pounds.

About the Scion, it's a cute little car. But remember, it's a cute,little car. If you are a beginner, like you say, you may want more steel between you and the other car, just in case you get into that first fender bender (knock on wood). Anyway, you can click on this link to look up low Scion pricing at http://carsdirect.com. Good luck on your purchase and safe driving to you.
    I remember someone asking about the performance pack before but not anyone commenting on how they liked it, probably because it is not the most popular package.

The adjustable suspension sounds good on paper but you need to make up your own mind about it by test driving one with and one without the sports pack, back to back. I personally didn't feel much of a difference. IMO, the RX is too geared towards luxury to have a suspension stiff enough to really corner well.

The swivelling headlights, again, sound good on paper but not everyone agrees that they are actually useful versus being gimmicky. Just ask wwest. He posted a whole article on this subject.

Lastly, the graphite, powder coated wheels are nice, but is the package really worth the $3500 or so? I opted for the premium plus pack with the Xenon, non swivelling headlights. No regrets so far. Good luck.
  • newestnewnewestnew Member Posts: 16
    hi gardencar:

So good to hear from you again!!

no wonder..because Scion weights about 2380lbs. Your boat was five times than that. I see why now..

haha..first fender bender..ya, I've prepared for that since I am brand new. Not too big car and budget has been first and second priority for me. Scion weights better than similar model and I don't need to purchase other options. However, Lexus car has been my dream car, even now. Thats why I wanted to buy Lexus from very beginning, but since I'm too new too buy great car like Lexus, maybe after I got my driving skill, I'll be one of the owner in the future just like everyone here :)

Thanks again for providing the great website and all the help.It help me a lot!! I really appreciate. I'll drive safely too :D
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    The AFS headlights come with ALL HIDs now ... not JUST on the Performance Package ... starting in the '05 year.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    We do not exchange that kind of information on this board. We do encourage the name of the dealership and location where you have your buying experiences. Goodluck!
    Also not a good idea to put your email on the board. Spammers are sure to pick it up that way. It is much better to list your email, public so that Edmund's posters can email you.
    You're welcome, newestnew. I have no doubt you'll be the proud owner of an RX, soon. If your budget is a priority, I strongly suggest pricing some pre owned Lexus ES300's and some LS400's as well. You'd be surprised. For the price of a new Scion, you could get that Lexus car you crave. I drove my LS400 until it hit 157,000 miles with little more than regular maintenance. The ride was quiet and smooth, and the engine still purred like a kitten. A well cared for Lexus LS400 is pretty bullet proof. My Lexus mechanic told me he has seen many with over 200,000 miles on them and still running strong. He went on to say that he has never had to rebuild an engine or transmission on any LS400 model. Moreover, if you have the VIN # of a car you are looking at, any Lexus service dept. will gladly look up its service history at your request. Unlike MBZ, they are very open about this.

Toyota started making the Lexus LS400 in 1989 and until 2000, there were three generations with minimal change in styling. You can get a 1990 to 1992 for $5K+ or go to a 1995 to 1997 for about $12K to $15K. My favorite models have always been the 1998 to 2000 models. However, you can expect to pay $17K to over $28K for one of these.

You should at least test drive an LS400 at your dealer's, just for the experience. The LS400 is the quietest and smoothest riding car I have ever driven, even quieter than the big MBZ. It was great fun to drive on the freeway, felt like gliding over the road. If you must have a new car, get the Scion. Otherwise, you could have your Lexus now, with just some miles under the saddle. Good luck.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I too am interested in prices paid recently for a 2005 RX 330 AWD (non-Nav) in the Seattle area. Also, has anyone received an appraisal from Lexus of Bellevue in response to their mailer regarding their need for good pre-owned vehicles? Curious as to whether they are really giving good purchase/trade offers.
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    I am planning to walk into the local dealership to purchase a 05 AWD RX330 premium plus package with navigation. Did anybody purchased this car in Oregon? How much?

I would like to know the best competitive deals out there before I make my trip?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Given all of the incentives, rebates, and low APRs now available on many new vehicles, a lot of used cars are sitting on lots. Thus, few dealerships have a "need" for pre-owned vehicles. This is a well-known marketing strategy to get you in the door in the hopes that you'll buy a new car from the dealership.

If you were already considering buying a new car, then go for it - but don't expect higher than usual trade-in value for your current car. I receive these mailers requesting that I trade in vehicles that I've sold long ago.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

hi gardencar:

thanks for your suggestion. I already checked the car model for Lexus. But I didn't see LS400, or it was indicated as ls? I didn't see ES300, but I did see ES330. Maybe different year has different model. But..those cars are too big for me, their size is similar to camry. I drove camry once, I can't even see the whole front when I am driving. I'm only 5' I think thats why I need a smaller car.

At first, I wanted to buy used car. I rode RX330, its very quiet and smooth. But after I research year, price, parts and all that. Its too much to deal with. I don't even know where to see VIN number, even though I know whats that:) Used car has no wanranty unless you purchase it or you have to check parts before you buy. And you know I don't know about parts at all .Thats why I guess just go for new car. But I've done research, guess I need to see real car now. I've heard its small, but I can't really tell from picture though.

lots lots thanks.
  • rats13rats13 Member Posts: 42
    I'm in the market for a 05 RX330 with Nav/ML & Heated Seats. Does anyone know what is a good source of dealer invoice info?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You're there - click on the New Cars tab at the top of the page and drill down to the Lexus - invoice starts at $32,898 for the AWD model. Not sure when the invoice prices for the VN package will flop up.

Steve, Host
    hi gardencar:

thanks for your suggestion. I already checked the car model for Lexus. But I didn't see LS400, or it was indicated as ls? I didn't see ES300, but I did see ES330. Maybe different year has different model. But..those cars are too big for me, their size is similar to camry. I drove camry once, I can't even see the whole front when I am driving. I'm only 5' I think thats why I need a smaller car.

At first, I wanted to buy used car. I rode RX330, its very quiet and smooth. But after I research year, price, parts and all that. Its too much to deal with. I don't even know where to see VIN number, even though I know whats that:) Used car has no wanranty unless you purchase it or you have to check parts before you buy. And you know I don't know about parts at all .Thats why I guess just go for new car. But I've done research, guess I need to see real car now. I've heard its small, but I can't really tell from picture though.

lots lots thanks.
    I've doing some search and the best site that I see so far is www.consumerguide.com

It list dealer invoice for options too.

But I had some difficulty matching options to this list.
  • robin69robin69 Member Posts: 1
    Congrats bobg2. Could you tell me whether it is FWD or AWD. ALso is your a Premium Plus with Naviagation?

Thanks in advance.
  • mikea1mikea1 Member Posts: 1
    HI, I just went and took a look at Germain Lexus of Easton in Columbus. I told the dealer up front that I was not looking to buy right away and they basically told me that there was not much wiggle room in the price, but I don't think this is true. I know that if I was ready to sign paperwork I could have easily gotten $2,000-$3,000 off window. They were really nice, you should check them out.
    Mike
  • yes22yes22 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys, any comments on the following?

I went to a dealership in South Jersey yesterday and they quoted me on RX330 with Navigation for $43,000. I believe this is at least $3000 higher than the normal selling price.

Any comments? Thanks!
  • fm008fm008 Member Posts: 6
    Is the 43k before taxes, documentation fee? I bought my 2005 RX330, AWD, premium plus, navigation, 18 alloy in central jersey for $40,600 before taxes and documentation fees.
    Thanks fm008! The $43,000 is before taxes and other fees. Maybe he thinks I wasn't totally ready on that day.

Can I ask which dealership did you buy from? What color? Did you have several cars for you to choose from with your options or demand was high from what you saw?

Thanks again!
    I bought mine from Ray Catena Lexus in Oakhurst, NJ. Silver with black leather interior. I actually bought it 1 month ago, sight unseen, since I already knew what I wanted and the car was already in their lot. Don't know what they have now, but I believe they are the largest volume dealer in NJ, so they should have plenty. I'm sure you can probably get it a little cheaper than what I paid. If you need the name of the salesman, let me know. Very nice guy.
  • larry8larry8 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had a better buying opportunity in Atlanta than Invoice plus $1000 for 2005? If so - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks fm008! The best deal w/Navi I got so far was $40,700. I am trying to see if I can get this below $40K. BTW, the $43,500 was from Ray Catena. Wondering why you got a much better deal? How is your car so far? Do you feel acceleration is a bit noisy?

Anyone else got a deal below $40K in NY/NJ area?
    So far, I love the car. Drives great. The acceleration is definitely not as smooth as the lexus sedan but I find it doesn't bother me as much, since I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee before. I got my price by getting a price from Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ and then telling Ray Catena to beat it. Maybe you should call Prestige and tell them to beat the best price you got and then get back to Catena and see what they say. My salesman did tell me that Prestige is a major competitor of their's and they wanted to beat their deal.
    I went into the dealership looking for 05 RX330 AWD premium plus with NAV. They gave me a non- negotiable price of $43,738 (Costco member discount). This salesman was not willing to negotiate at all. He's attitude was "take this or leave". Is this right? I guess car salesman are just a car salesman. I am thinking about purchasing it in either FL or CA lexus dealership for better discount and have it ship to Portland.

Any suggestions?
  • gottlsgottls Member Posts: 21
    If you are a Costco member they ask you to go through Costco first. They will send you the name of the person to contact plus they'll send a letter of introduction to the dealer. They person of contact is usually the Fleet/Internet sales manager. The short cut to this procedure is to walk into the dealer and ask for the Costco/Internet sales manager. The dealer in Torrance, CA advised me that the contract they have with Costco is $1000. over invoice. You can do better then that if you do your homework. Another popular method is to do a fax attack. In a fax put down exactly what you want in a car listing year, model, color and any options. Then list the price your willing to pay for the car. Usually this price is excluding tax and license fees, or if you know you can list out the door price. This figure is obtained by doing your homework. A good start is Invoice to $1000 over. Be sure to put down your contact information as a FAX NUMBER. Next send this fax out to all the dealers your considering, AFTER HOURS, so each dealer gets it at the same time. Now wait for their response. If accepted by a dealer keep their response since it will identify their dealership plus you'll have the accepted price in writing.
    I was quoted $43,671 for a fully loaded 05 AWD by the internet dept at Lexus of Mission Viejo. She said it was $1,500 over invoice.

If that helps.
  • buckeye1buckeye1 Member Posts: 41
    Having recently purchased an 05 330 from Mission Viejo Lexus for about $400 over invoice, I would recco that you persist with an asking price much closer to $300 or $400 over invoice before you "bite."
    There are only two lexus dealership in oregon. They just offer me $41k for 05 AWD RX330 premium plus with Nav. I asked the other dealer to beat it and they simply stated that I should stick with $41k.

Buckeye1, what was your purchase price?

Did anybody try to purchase it out of state and have it delivered? Did it make sense in cost and assurance of safe delivery?
  • sunroomsunroom Member Posts: 4
    buckeye1, do you mean you paid less than $38K for prem plus + Nav? can you give details? thanks
    Sunroom: No Nav.

I paid $36141 for Prem. Plus., 18" wheels, whl locks, 6CD changer, floor mats, HID HL. This is 400 above invoice for that 330.

Add Calif Tx. title, $45 doc.fee and ya have total price just over $38K.

If you want Nav., merely take invoice on Nav. system option and add to above to get pretty close to corresponding price. Good luck.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I suspect that this is for the 2WD version, not the AWD. Is that right?
    Sorry: It is the 2WD model
  • froknoyfroknoy Member Posts: 6
    Buckeye...can you e-mail your contact info in MV Lexus...i e-mailed them but got no reply...

your price was the lowest that i have seen...

Thanks...
    fm008, you got only $2750 off the MSRP.
    many people in other states got even $4000 off a less equiped RX330( read old posting in the thread), and $3500 in a lot of cases. does it mean NJ/NY area don't give very competing price?
  • sankalpsankalp Member Posts: 5
    In the east cost I found NJ is the good place to buy. fm008 infact paid about 4,200 off MSRP (I believe). I am in DC area and dealers here doesn't want to come down on Price. Here for 2005 dealers are reluctant to come down to 42K.
    from fm008's old post, here is what he bought:
    MSRP: AWD + dest: 37825
    PT : 2960
    NV: 2350
    FT: 215
    =====================
    total 43350
    ========================
    and he paid more than $2500 over invoice.
    Am I wrong with his configuration?
  • sankalpsankalp Member Posts: 5
    Check....

davo418 Sep 24, 2004 8:34pm

MSRP is 44,808

You missed DC, HH, TO, Z1
    froknoy: My contact "Internet Manager" comes on duty in mid-afternoon. Only three in the unit, so my guess is you will soon hear.

Sorry to delay you, but I have no idea how to acquire your email address to reply to you. I do know it's not recommended to post your email here "in the clear", on this thread.

I will be happy to respond if you tell me how.
  • froknoyfroknoy Member Posts: 6
    Buckeye, that is good enough info...let me try to contact them again and see how it goes...

Thanks.
    Sankalp is right. If you read his link, I got the same package that davo418 got, MSRP, 44,808. I used the price he got as leverage to get the price I got, $40,600. I picked up the car on Sept 27, so I would expect after a month, you should be able to get a better price in NJ (I hope). If you want the name of my salesman, let me know and I'll email it you.
  • maylhmaylh Member Posts: 9
    I have decided to buy a RX330 with Premium package. Based on the information in previously posted messages I think I will ask for $35700. Or 36100 from a local dealer. Any comments/advice if it is achievable? I am in Houston by the way. Local dealers offer 2-year free service. They claim it worths $800 that mostly includes over priced oil changes.
  • taweihsutaweihsu Member Posts: 4
    do you all think Lexus will do a special finance rate by the end of the year. I remember that almost every year close to christmas they have commercial about special interest rate program fo rthe end of the year. I am looking to buy a 2005 RX330 AWD and I can deicde whether i should hold out for couple of months or buy it right now.

Sankalp - I would love to have the internet manager's name where you got your rx330. I want exactly what you got and dealership around DC/MD metro area won't budget on prices.

thanks for your help
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, our policy prohibits posting names and/or contact information on this board. Please don't request anything other than dealership name!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

We are looking for a loaded FWD blk/blk and someone is offering me a AWD for about $500 more than the FWD price we have been quoted.

The salesman says AWD is better for insurance. I'm thinking it will make my insurance go up. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
  • dgraysondgrayson Member Posts: 27
    Pulled the following directly off the Lexus homepage. Does anyone know if the Premium Plus package really comes with a 6-CD changer and towing package? When I build my own and select the one in my area with Premium Plus Package, the numbers don't work out.

Premium Plus Package - $2,960 [2]
     - Leather-trimmed interior
     - Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory
     - Illuminated entry system
     - Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
     - Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
     - Roof rails/roof rack
     - In-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
     - Towing Package [3]
    dgrayson: In S.Cal., Lexus RX330's, FWD, w/Prem. Package come with what you list above and also includes 18"wheels, floor mats, wheel locks.

But...the FWD edition does not come with Towing Package. To get towing pack., one must order AWD model, not FWD.

This concept may or may not apply to other Lexus regions.
  • janesjanes Member Posts: 1
    Saw your message on Edmunds. Have you received any responses? Looking for the same car and in the DC/MD area. Lexus of Annapolis not anxious to deal on first visit, especially the interest rate. My husband expects better deals at end of year -- thats's when he gets his best deals and he's ruthless. Any info?
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    I believe you have to add the 6 disc now ... it's a little confusing, but it seems it's now a standalone option ... $600 MSRP I believe.
  • jasonsjasons Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am planning to buy 2005 RX330 AWD with Navigation and Premimum Plus in DC / Metro Area. What is the good price in this area?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.