Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• breakawaybreakaway Member Posts: 3
    Vietmy:

Here in California, I pay 7.75 sales tax. Here is the breakdown on my car - Premium Plus Package and Navigation - that I purchased three weeks ago.

$37, 721 sell price

$2,927 sales tax

$307 license fee

$45 documentaion fee

Total out-the-door price of $41,000.
  • shawshankmanshawshankman Member Posts: 9
    Curious, what is your total cash outlay for up front fees, sales tax (incl in payment I imagine), and payments for 36 months?

Are you getting 15K mi/year or 12K?

Thanks
  • piratemanpirateman Member Posts: 18
    Hey ShawShank that was a fantastic deal...congrats...what dealership? I have been trying off and on for three weeks, and although I want Nav, I can't come close to your deal. It wasn't Lexus of Norwood/Walpole was it??
  • charliebcharlieb Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

It seems like you got a great deal.

Which dealership did you get this from?

Thanks for your help.
  • mflcprmflcpr Member Posts: 1
    Could you please provide the name of Lexus dealership?
    Sorry, folks, I've been offline for a few days.

Yes, Pirateman, it is Lexus of Norwood. Tweak to my #s, MSRP was $42,500 and neg price was $38,800. Also, I too asked about NAV, but for some reason, you pay 100% for this option, instead of the cap portion (40%), so it was an extra $50 a month.

They are very solicitous, and make me feel very comfortable regarding service, etc. so I recommend them, just go prepared.

Here's the lease calculator I used. http://www.leaseguide.com/leasebuy.htm

The 330 typically has a 58% residual, and you just need to know the interest rate. You'll have a good payment # once completed. I know interest rates are up a tick or so v/ year end, but would assume with some haggling, the payment should compare to mine. Make sure you watch the fees at the end.

Good luck!
  • chicagocarchicagocar Member Posts: 11
    Negotiated Price : 36800 ($150 Below Invoice - MSRP - 41400)

Tax: 2837

Doc Fee + Place etc: 160

Total Price Paid = 39600 /=

I guess I got a good Deal.
  • danldanl Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what the dealer holdback is for an

RX with a sticker of 41,453. This would be helpful.
  • jco2jco2 Member Posts: 2
    According to the Edmunds data, holdbacks for Lexus represent 2% of the "base" MSRP. That is, the MSRP of the vehicle excluding the cost of any optional items. For a 2005 RX330 AWD that would be 2% of $37,175 or $744.

I'm also looking for info on recent deals (in the Central New Jersey area) to determine what the dealers are willing to offer.

JC
  • guptaabguptaab Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,

I will appreciate if someone can point me to the dealer in California that is currently providing excellent price.

Last month Lexus of Mission Viejo was selling below invoice but I was not able to take advantage of the deal. This month, when I am ready to purchase, the price has gone well above invoice:-C

I am interested in 2Wheel Drive RX330 with Navigation. I live in San Jose, CA but am willing to get the car shipped from distant dealers.

Thanks again.

Abhijit
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Try the Internet Sales group at Lexus of Riverside!
  • autophileautophile Member Posts: 14
    chicagocar,

Great deal! Could you tell us where you got this deal, and who you worked with?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Don't ask for salespeople's names - please see the red text below!

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• chicagocarchicagocar Member Posts: 11
    I bought the car for Arlington Lexus – based out of Arlington Heights, IL. I got the delivery on Dec 31st that may be the reason I got below invoice.
  • rx330ownerrx330owner Member Posts: 16
    I have an 04 rx330, thinking of trading it for another with a Navigation system, Mark Levinson audio and Laser cruise control. Are they worth the extra money? Would like to from those that have these options and your experience with them.
  • autophileautophile Member Posts: 14
    Chicagocar,

Thanks for the info. You are probably right about the deal timing (unfortunately for me!).
  • champaignchampaign Member Posts: 1
    Hi Chicagocar,

Could you pls let me know the option(s) you have? also is it AWD or FWD?

I really appreciate your information...
  • jco2jco2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm expecting delivery, by the end of the month, of an 2005 RX330 AWD in black onyx with ivory interiors. Includes the Navigation system with the premium plus package (HID headlamps, heated seats, 18" wheels, accessory package, wooden steering wheel, etc..).

MSRP= $44833 (including Destination Charge)

Negotiated Price=$41280 ($3550 off MSRP)

36 mo. lease term, 15K miles/yr

Money factor=0.00145 (3.5% interest)

Residual=54%

Monthly payments = $570

Residual is 58% for a car with no Navigation system vs. 54% with it. I thought that was counter intuitive, but seems like in 3 years the Nav system will be somewhat outdated and people won't be willing to pay the extra amount for this option, so banks discount it).

The salesperson indicated that residual percentages are expected to be adjusted (decreased by 2%) next month (probably a BS scare tactic). The dealer (a large volume Lexus retailer with 100-200 cars on the lot) had very few RX's with Navigation systems in stock. I'm waiting for mine to be built and delivered in the next 3 weeks or so.
    The salesperson indicated that residual percentages are expected to be adjusted (decreased by 2%) next month (probably a BS scare tactic).

Not necessarily - the closer it gets to the 2006 model year release date, the older the 2005 is going to seem, and will be worth somewhat less in 3 years.

It sounds like you got a good deal anyway, so I hope you enjoy your Lexus! Once you get your vehicle, share your ownership experiences with others in our regular Lexus RX330 discussion.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• micksachmicksach Member Posts: 4
    Hi folks. I needed help in understanding whether the following is a good deal:

04 RX - AWD, PP, Heated seats, 19K miles (certified) from a lexus dealer at $34K

Thanks for the information
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Could you break down the $34k? Is that including taxes, title, paperwork, etc.?
    What were your fees? I feel like I was hosed on mine, just want to confirm.
  • rumpolerumpole Member Posts: 3
    2005 RX330 AWD, Premium Plus,18" wheels,heated front seats with rain sensing wipers,6 disc CD,cargo mat & wheel locks-MSRP $42,483.

PAID $38,150 on 1/19/05. Some Pacific NW dealers will negotiate via email & phone.
    Sylvia,

34K does not include tax, title and other fee. I thought it is still a good deal.
  • tamu91tamu91 Member Posts: 14
    Who has the best deal going these days in the greater Houston area? I'd be willing to travel even to Dallas if I can save thousands.

Thanks
  • windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    I got 3500 off msrp just by asking in Austin, and it's closer than Dallas and not as boring a drive.
    windy6, can you post the details of your deal (year/model, MSRP, color, options, price paid, etc.)? Thanks and I presume you deal was with Lexus of Austin.
  • tomw8tomw8 Member Posts: 6
    Got mine on 1/20/05 in Orange County, Calif. Same Premium Plus package, same MSRP of $42,483, paid $37,433 through carsdirect - $5,000 below MSRP. Very good experience dealing through carsdirect and the dealer who had the car. Was pleased to see that it comes with the Michelins instead of the Goodyear tires (saw the posts on other boards about tire wear). Will have it delivered next week.
    Can you tell me what dealer you got this from? Are you having it shipped to the PNW, and if so did that price include shipping? Thanks!
  • tomw8tomw8 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry if I confused you. I meant my car is identical to the one purchased by the guy in Pacific NW. I live in Calif, and the dealer is delivering the car to me (about 40 miles away) since I don't have time to pick it up - delivery is free, don't know if they charge extra for long distance. Dealer was Longo Lexus of El Monte.

Good luck.
  • sam3891sam3891 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealer you used? I'm in PNW and shopping for same car
  • windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    Ours is an 04, bought last February, premium package, 18" tires, power rear door, rain sensing wipers, transmission cooler and heavy duty alternator, wood and leather steering wheel, cargo mat and wheel locks.

IOW it's about as stripped as you could find one, but everything we wanted. It's Bamboo Pearl (wife's choice), I preferred Flint Mica but I'm glad we went with the Bamboo as every third one in our town is Flint and the dark ones all look pretty similar.

MSRP was 39233, we paid 35733, IIRC there were "junk fees" of about $50-$75. Easy to deal with and they gave us coupons for lunch at a restaurant across the street so we ate while they prepped it, and have comped us a lunch about every time we've been in.

PS: we're not in there very often as we live about an hour West of Austin.

windy6
    I wanted to share my experience of buying from a Southern California dealer and shipping to the Pacific Northwest.

I live in the Seattle area and could not get any price better than about $40k+ from the local dealers for a 2005 AWD non-nav ($42,483 MSRP/ 37,218 invoice, including dest. charge). I contacted fleetrates.com and got a quote of $38,200 which included Lexus Finan. Services' $600 acquisition fee -- so it was actually a $37,600 selling price. Shipping to Seattle would be an additional $600, which I would have to arrange and pay myself. I mentioned the $38,200 plus $600 shipping to one of the local dealers and they gave me a "matching" offer of $38,800. Since I would be leasing, the $600 acquisition would still have to be added into the lease--still not as good a deal as fleetrates.com.

However, I had a 2002 RX 300 on lease that I would have to trade or dispose of in some way to make a deal, and fleetrates.com would not handle that. I was put in contact with Auto Solution, a Northwest auto-buying credit union, by a relative who is the CEO of an Oregon credit union to see what could be done about selling my 2002 RX.

To my surprise, Auto Solution made some calls and came back with a deal for me on the 2005 RX that I wanted at $37,983, which included shipping to the Auto Solution office in Portland, OR! Since I was going to lease and had a trade, they put me in direct contact with the Internet Sales Mgr at Lexus of Riverside to work out the details. They did a "paper trade" on my 2002 RX, giving me Kelly Blue Book without even seeing the car (which provided me with $1500 equity!), with the traded car actually being bought from them by Auto Solution to be resold. All this worked flawlessly, and even with the $350 fee to Auto Solution, I cam out ahead!

Both Auto Solution and Lexus of Riverside Internet Sales staff were a pleasure to work with through the whole process! They are highly recommended!!!

This is certainly a favorable option to use when local dealers are unwilling to give the good prices! Good luck to all you RX buyers!
  • wyattwyatt Member Posts: 18
    It sounds like you had a good experience.

I am thinking of using fleetrates.com. They have quoted me an almost identical scenario. I am just a bit nervous about ordering a car without having done so through a local dealer and dealing with transporting the car to the east coast. What was your impression of fleetrates? I too have a car that I must sell, but we have carmax in my area, and I plan to sell it to them.

If others have had experience purchasing their car sight unseen, without using a local dealer, and working with a transportation company, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I hope to get my decision made in the next day or two, and your input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I think leaserates.com would be fine. They were good to talk to until I mentioned that a local dealer had matched their deal and asked if they might be able to do any better...then the guy got kinda uppity and became very matter-of-fact. I was somewhat leary of the shipping scenario also, but I think it should be fine. If you can sell your car to Carmax at an acceptable price, you should be in good shape! Good luck!
    Thanks for the info. I'd be sure to give them a call and see if I can get a similar deal. I'm also looking for a stripped RX330 so I hope to snag one of those $3,500 - $4,000 off MSRP kind of deals that I know are out there.
    In the market for a AWD 05 RX with MSRP of $42400 (includes PP + heated seats + RS wipers). I wanted to find the invoice price on this car - there is a difference of $400 between carsdirect (~$37500) , yahoo ($37100)and consumer guides.

I am getting quotes in NJ from $37500 to $38500. Has anybody got similar car for lower than $37,500?
  • sdsf501sdsf501 Member Posts: 9
    Wow, sounds like you got a great deal. Im looking to buy an rx330 for my wife. What is the dealer and contact person you dealt with? I would definitely like to get the same deal you got! :)

thanks
    While we encourage members to post dealership name and location, info about specific salespeople isn't allowed. Thanks!

kirstie_h

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jes23185jes23185 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy a RX 330 with Navigation, etc. I have not gotten down to the nitty gritty yet but the salesman is singing the "No discount" song. Anyone in Virginia or the DC area have any experience on discount level?
  • jay_manjay_man Member Posts: 2
    Here in the DC area, NAV RX 330s are hard to come by, and the dealers won't budge from sticker. You'll not find one on a dealer's lot that isn't already sold.
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    Does this include Nav?
    Lexus of Seattle (in Lynnwood, Washington)
    No NAV (approx $2000 more)
  • lekmbmplekmbmp Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2005 fully loaded RX330 with Nav, Mark Lev, DVD. MSRP 48K for 42,550 before tax, title, etc. (approx $200 above invoice). McGrath in downtown.
    Just leased a 2005, loaded minus Nav. $39,200, with very low money factor, around .000165. If you are in Tidewater, VA, I would try the dealership in Newport News. Nice people, and were very competitive with my dealer here in Richmond. Probably a little more so, but the time and distance for me to travel was not worth it. I spent about a total of 2 hours on the phone, getting quotes from Alexandria, Richmond, Newport News. Of the three, Newport News would come out on top. He might have shaved another $100 or so off the price if I would have been willing to drive down there. He also had a good inventory. I am glad I took the plunge. It is a wonderful, wonderful car! I sold my BMW. This car makes that car look bad. Much higher quality engineering and interior is just gorgeous! Good luck!
    Based on my experience this week, (see my post below), I would say that you are getting some good price quotes. My AWD was loaded, minus the NAV, and I paid a little higher than your quoted prices. I also got some very competitive quotes via some of the Internet leasing companies, but I just was wary of dealing with a transport company myself, and I liked the idea of having the dealer close by. My Richmond dealer was just wonderful. Their finance guy was a total professional, my sales rep was friendly,helpful and knowledgeable. This was important to me; I do NOT like shopping for cars, but my sales rep knew I was shopping around, and made sure that he held my attention. I paid around $3,600 and drove away a happy, happy camper! We took our first long trip today, and I can honestly tell you that it beat my BMW 5 series that the RX replaced hands down. I was getting around 22.5 on the highway, too.
  • traum75traum75 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2005 RX 330 AWD with Navigation system (includes 6-disc CD changer, 18" alloy wheels, heated front seats with Rain Sensing Wipers, Premium Package Plus, and Preferred Accessory Package). MSRP: $44833; Neg. Price: $41250 + $100 process fee + 3% tax (VA) + tags. Purchased from a dealer in Towson, Maryland (Internet team).
  • sdsf501sdsf501 Member Posts: 9
    Just got a gem of a deal on a 2005 fully loaded RX330 AWD with Nav, Mark Lev, DVD. Rear entertainment system, 18" aluminum alloy wheels, heated front seats with rain sensing wipers, towing package,

Neg Price: MSRP 47,653 for 41,971 before tax, title, etc. ($185 above invoice, $5,700 off MSRP). Southern California dealers give the most competitive pricing!
  • rviradiarviradia Member Posts: 44
    The carsdirect invoice is a little higher then msn & edmunds in my area (atlanta), here's what they say, is this under-coating or real?

"An estimate of these manufacturer to dealers fees (such as an advertising fee) is provided for each car and is added to the Invoice to make this

figure as accurate as possible. We make this estimate for most cars in most regions, there are some regions and vehicles for which we do not have

estimates of these fees.

For this model, we have added $536.63 to the Invoice to represent these fees."
This discussion has been closed.