Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• micksachmicksach Member Posts: 4
    Can anybody (rx 330 owners) share the actual city/highway estimates for this car. How real is the 18/24 number?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since this topic is specifically for pricing/purchase info, your question will get more attention from current owners in our regular Lexus RX 330 discussion.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to lease a new 2005 Lexus RX330 AWD w/premium plus package, navigation and heated seats with an MSRP of 44,833, can anyone tell me what an acceptable selling price would be to accept or how much this vehicle is leasing for in this area? Thanks.
  • buyerincabuyerinca Member Posts: 5
    Hello, All:

I'm shopping RX330 2005 now. I'm in North California. From this forum, it looks the dealers at South California having good deals. If the sale tax rate at South CA is 7.75% and North CA is 8.25% (San Jose), when I buy the RX330 at South CA, will the sale tax rate 7.75% or 8.25%?

Of course, I will register my car at address of North CA.
  • lexusowner1lexusowner1 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up that same vehicle from Lexus of Northborough MA, with $3K down (includes all fees) I am leasing for 39 months at $555/mo w/ $15K/miles/year.
  • larsenbrlarsenbr Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership, please?

Thanks, Brad
  • howard2howard2 Member Posts: 2
    Im curious to get some people experience leasing putting down msd's. What kind of real world effect do they have on your payment? During negotiation, when do you bring it up? Ive been looking at a loaded rx(awd/nav/etc..msrp ~44k) and wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I paid two additional security deposits on the lease of my 2005 RX 330 (through Lexus Financial Services), which amounted to $1000. It lowered the money factor by .0002 and lowered my payment about $14/mo (including tax). If I had used the $1000 as a cap cost reduction instead, the payments would have been reduced by about $32/mo again, including tax).

By paying $18/mo more ($648 over 36 payments) I get $1000 returned to me that I otherwise would not have at lease-end. That works out to be a pretty good return on my $18/mo investment!
    Also, I think this is more of a financing details issue than a negotiating issue. It should be totally up to you as to how you handle it. Good luck!
  • pdxcascadepdxcascade Member Posts: 17
    Thanks to this board and doing some homework I successfully picked up my '05 RX330 over the holidays in Portland.

I was ready to purchase in California and had a great deal lined up at Longo (about $37,700 including shipped to Portland). At the last minute they inexplicablly doubled the shipping cost and got cold feet. Left me with a bad taste.

I successfully made the deal here in Portland before the end of the Lexus December event. BTW had a great experience with Lexus of Riverside internet dept -- they didn't have many of the AWD's at the time, but were way cool to talk with. BTW, I tried, but just no way around the Calif sales tax or I would have picked up in Calif and saved almost another 1K.

By leveraging the SoCal dealers I was able to get a good local deal on the AWD (w/o Nav or DVD)

MSRP: $42483 ($37213 invoice + $465 ad fees = $37,678)

Paid: $38,000 + $218 for oregon title/license (no sales tax in Oregon)

One oddity was that I could get 3.73% financing with Lexus in Calif, but the best here in Oregon for Lexus top tier credit was ~4.75% (my credit union was about a half point cheaper until I could refinance with even cheaper home equity)

Hope this helps those frustrated in the NWest. The key was I was ready to buy in SoCal and ship to the NWest. Work through the phones and the GM/Sales Manager level only if you can. The local dealers don't want to lose business and have you telling all your friends to buy out of state.

Not sure how much the DTR event and end of the year helped my cause, but it probably didn't hurt.
  • fhfcheffhfchef Member Posts: 9
    This site is very valuable. I am setting out in So Cal to lease a 2005 Rx330 w/Navi and Performance. I have been hearing about price going up and blah blah blah. Can anyone provide specific info to who, where and how much I should expect to pay? I got a quote for $39500 on it in Carlsbad. I want to keep my lease payment to about $450-$475 w/$2k down. Is this realistic or should I give up the Navi?
    Check with the Internet Sales group at Lexus of Riverside. That quote you have sounds pretty good with Nav and Performance though.
    I had the funniest experience with a dealership. I was quoted a rock bottom price of $39500 on the car above. I had edmunds request an internet quote through the same dealership and they quoted $38500 for the same car without ever meeting me. So much for rock bottom price. Salesmen certainly live up to their reputation. I will try Riverside. Thanks.
  • pdxcascadepdxcascade Member Posts: 17
    fhfchef -- funny story.

The whole system is so antiquated its comical.

Why anyone sets foot in a showroom other than to test drive the cars to begin the process and sign the papers to finish a deal is beyond me. Luxury dealers aren't much different than traditional dealers -- the commission structure is setup basically the same way.

My theory is that most people probably let their guards down at the luxury dealers (figuring they are better to act rich and not quibble over a grand or two let alone a few hundred measely dollars)

Invoices in hand, working the phones from the comfort of your own office/home at the mgmt level and also the internet departments is so much more effective. Once you want to buy you control everything in the process.
  • phbr123phbr123 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote through a car broker my friend recommended. They quoted me $38,800 out the door here in SoCal. Is this a good deal? It's hard for me to tell because the dealers have been quoting me the price before TT+L.
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    phrbr123 --

It would be helpful if you could let the members know the full list options you were looking at for your quote of $38,800.

Thanks, and best of luck.

Robert

Host - Prices Paid & Buying Experiences
  • phbr123phbr123 Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a 2005 rx 330 fwd no navi with the premium plus package at Lexus of Cerritos for $35,400 before ttl and $38,697 after ttl. I had submitted 6-7 quotes through the internet for dealers in the so cal area and when i walked into Lexus of Cerritos, I just gave them a price that was about $100 lower than all the quotes I had received and they matched it without any question. Is this considered a good deal?
  • gizmo2gizmo2 Member Posts: 8
    I finally purchased it after reading about it on this site for weeks! This is an excellent resource, I recommended it to all my friends.

Paid $40,500 before tax & documentation fees for a 05' RX330 AWD, prem pkg, in dash 6 CD changer with NAV. Went through Costco program. I purchased it at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey NJ. Had a great salesperson, did everything on the phone, no hassle!
  • gottlsgottls Member Posts: 21
    Over the last couple of days it appears that Lexus has raised the price on the RX330 AWD by $250.00, This happened just about the time the new RX Thundercloud hit the dealers. So the moral to the story is, if you're waiting or waiting to buy, don't wait to long.
  • gizmo2gizmo2 Member Posts: 8
    When I was shopping around at the various Lexus dealers in my area, 1 dealership told me that prices would be going up slightly in Feb. I wasn't able to confirm it at another dealership so brushed it off, figured it was salesman talk to get me to buy sooner.
    I guess it was true.
  • falcon_2005.5falcon_2005.5 Member Posts: 13
    I am also looking at a 2005 RX330 AWD Special Edition Flint Mica it has the following extras:
    Lexus voice activated DVD Nav system with backup Camera.
    Two level heated front seats
    Rain sensing wipers
    headleamp washers
    Adaptive front lighting system
    Roof rails/roof rack
    towing package
    in-dash single feed six disc cd auto changer
    wheel locks
    cargo mat
    tow hitch
    Premium Plus Package
    Thundercloud edition package

The MSRP for this is 45,798.00

Dealer is selling it to me for $44,000.00 +TTL

Can I do better??
  • paigoopaigoo Member Posts: 7
    Not really.
    I got the same one plus DVD Entertainment system as well, but no towing package and Thundercloud edition.
    The MSRP was 47,xxx
    I got it for 41,xxx + TTL
    You can try a few more dealers to get a better deal.
  • ctsangctsang Member Posts: 237
    I have been shopping for RX 330 and $5k off MSRP is very common. I was even advised by salesperson to wait till RX 400h comes out to get even better deal on RX 330.
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    i was quoted a price of $39983.00 plus tax and tag for rx 330 with navigation and performance package.

I am adding chrome wheels. can anyone tell me what a good price would?

thanks
  • flwflw Member Posts: 4
    ctsang, are you in CA? Here in the east coast, $4k off is already hard to come by. Any body had better luck recently in NY metro area?
  • lexusguy311lexusguy311 Member Posts: 10
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 2005 RX330 FWD. After months of searching the boards I was able to negotiate a good deal. I purchased a fully loaded RX330 with Navi./Levinson Audio Pkg., Prem. Plus Pkg., RES, Rain Sensing Wipers, Towing Setup, Cargo Tray, and All Weather Mats. Purchased for 41,491.00, a savings of about 5500.00 off MSRP! Dealership experience was awesome; Lexus of Stevens Creek gets my recommendation for the bay area. I negotiated by phone/internet and was in and out off the dealership in about 2 hours. This was my first time purchasing a luxury car and I could not be more satisfied with the service. Thanks for all the information everyone has posted on this board, it has been truly helpful.
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    I would like to from anyone that purchased a rx330 from dealers in sw florida. please include cost, model and options.

thanks
  • lexrx330lexrx330 Member Posts: 3
    hi, i'm from ny and i was look all over for a rx300 or 330 at a good deal. finally after 2 weeks of searching i found a 2004 rx330 with navi awd prem package with 28k miles on it. the person was located in nj and i purchased the suv for a total of 24,300.
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a RX330 AWD, Perf Pkg, Navi
    Down Payment is 3K
    What should I expect to pay?

3yrs ?
    4yrs ?
    Looking for a smokin deal on an RX330 and would like to know what folks are paying here in Texas (preferably Houston area)

Must Haves
    Savannah Metallic w/Ivory Interior
    VN Package which includes the following: Navigation System with Mark Levinson Audio Package
    Includes leather trim interior, power tilt/telescoping steering with memory, high-intensity headlamps, illuminated entry system, moonroof with 1-touch open/close, roof rail and roof rack, Mark Levinson audio system, DVD-based navigation system with voice control, rear back-up camera, Bluetooth and compass.

Not sure if I want the following
    Chrome Wheels

I'd appreciate any input because we're ready to purchase but not looking forward to the experience at the dealership. Would like to go in armed with all our info and negotiate like a pro

Thanks in advance for your replies
    Located in Houston TX, they advertise and claim that they can beat anyones lease rates because they deal with multiple dealerships.

Whats the skinny on these guys?
    http://www.prolease.net/
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Your question is more suitable for the Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion.

tidester, host
    Hi,

I'm also in Bay area looking for a RX330. What is the invoice price of your car? I once got e-mail from the same dealer. For FWD with Navigation and Levinson model, the MRSP is 46093.
    The invoice price of my RX330 was 40,641.00. The MSRP was 46,850.00. These figures are from Kelly Blue Book. I paid 41,491.00, about 850.00 over the invoice price. I may have been able to do about 500.00 over invoice but when they offered to throw in the xtras, cargo tray and all weather mats I took the deal. Like I said I had been searching for about two months and they offered me the most competitive pricing. The RX330 included the following options. Nav/Levi. Pkg (incl. prem plus pkg), RES, Prefered Pkg, 18" Wheels(standard on all RX's in Cali), 6-Disc CD Changer, and Heated seats with headlamp washers and auto wipers.

When negotiating with them let them know you have done research on edmunds and you see that RX330 FWD can be had at about 500-1000 over invoice. I just was firm with them and let them know what I wanted the most competitive pricing. Hope this helps.
  • lexusrx330lexusrx330 Member Posts: 2
    What's the good deal now on RX330 2005 with Navi inc prem plus package at Prestige, NJ?
    Do you know what's the invoice price now?
    Did you check our new cars section to find the current invoice pricing?

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lexusrx330lexusrx330 Member Posts: 2
    yes...it says N/A
    bummer... sorry. :(

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

A magazine reporter is looking to photograph an Edmunds.com user and his/her car in Northern California by Friday, March 4, 2005. If you are in the area and care to participate, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com with the name of your city as well as the month and year when you bought your most recent car after researching it on Edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

I have been quoted $36.8k for that vehicle in So Cal.
    I am looking at paying this for a similar car. Maybe it will help.

Rx330 FWD w/ Navi and Performance
    $2k down
    48 mos lease
    12k miles
    $500 mos w/ tax

without Navi is $458 mos
    The invoice blue book on a 2005 RX330 AWD with the navigation and premium plus package is 39,192.00 (incl. destination fee). All dealers in Cali also add on heated seats with headlight washers, six disc cd changer, 18" alloys, and preferred pkg, I do not know if this is the same for New Jeresy. The 39,192.00 invoice includes all of these options, without the options you are looking at 38,493.00. If you are looking for a FWD you are looking at $1500 less the 39,192.00. My guess is that you could probably could work a deal were you are paying about 2 percent above invoice. Hope this helps.
    Hi, Lexusguy311:

You did a great home work on buying RX330. Do you think in Bayarea it is a good deal to buy a RX330 with about $500 to $1000 over the invoice price?

As I read the past posts here that some South CA dealers offered around or 200 to 300 over invoice price. Could the guys at South CA correct me ?
    IMHO, I think that the So. Cal. market would be the best place to find a good deal in California. The reason I say this is because it is more populated in the Southern area of California. More population equals more dealerships which equal more cars thus translating into higher competition and lower prices. However, I do think you can find some great deals in the Bay Area as well. It is all a matter of knowledge and trying to get the dealership to earn your business. I would send out multiple quotes to different dealerships around the bay area and that you will buy from the one with the most competitive pricing. Inform the dealerships that you have heard of prices of about 500-1000 over invoice on Edmunds; it never hurts to show the dealership that you have done your homework.
  • buddhabbbuddhabb Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to pay a fair price for 2005 AWD Premium Plus package (Navigation included) in the DC metropolitan area. Can anyone share their buying experience with nearby dealerships and what is considered a fair price? I have been quoted $42K, not including tax&tag or other fees. I think that's too much -- I just want to pay what's fair. Thanks!
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    I am about to commit to a lease on a 2005 RX330 AWD w/Nav, includes the Premium Plus Package plus Heated Seats, Rain Sensing Wipers, 18-in Alloy Wheels, Towing Prep Package, In-dash CD changer, Wheel Locks, and Cargo Mat. MSRP $45,083. Pretty much the standard build for this area in this model. Dealer is offering $800 over Invoice.

But here is the "catch," their Invoice includes a Lexus Dealer Advertising Fee or LDA for short. Has anyone ever encountered this recently? Is this, like in the mortgage industry, a "garbage fee?" The Invoice including this fee is $39,881, and my best estimate is that without the fee, the Invoice would be around $39,379, so the LDA adds $502. Thus, if I use the upper range of $1,000 over the Invoice that I see discussed in this forum, I would be at roughly $1,300 over the "car's" Invoice.

Thank you for any input.

BTW, the I obtained quotes from two Bay Area dealers, and the one I am zeroing in on, started out about $1,300 lower than the other one. The "Internet Sales Manager" is very easy to work with and appears to be transparent and easy going.
    We have a discussion dedicated to Advertising Fees and one specifically about Toyota Advertising Fees, so you might check out what others have said in those topics.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    Kirstie:

Thanks for the advice. It looks like the posts on those forums are informative but very dated. Fast forward to the current market I still wonder if looking at the whole picture of my particluar deal as proposed is as good as it gets, or would I be piggish to push for more. Afterall everybody deserves to make a living even car dealers and their employees.

Thanks again for the tip.
  • jeff5144jeff5144 Member Posts: 3
    I'm going to be looking at a used 2004 RX330 AWD with Nav/DVD/Loaded. 10,000 miles. I live in Minnesota and wanted to know what a decent used price is? Please help!
    Most members here are discussing new vehicles, so you might stop by our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion to get more feedback.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

This discussion has been closed.