Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lekmbmplekmbmp Member Posts: 3
    Sahmad,
    No price change. The dealer is correct. You can go to lexus.com and "build and price" your RX. I've been following the same car w/ Nav and that IS the correct MSRP. Carsdirect.com is another website that you can use. You just gotta make sure that all the SAME options are checked. Good luck.
  • msquared5msquared5 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a fully equipped, minus NAV, Thundercloud at Lexus of Seattle. I had contacted CA dealers, but found better deal in my backyard. Lexus of Seattle has good inventory, friendly not pushy salespeople, and will deal from the bottom up, if you do your homework. Let me now if you need name of recommended salesperson.
  • blackeye800blackeye800 Member Posts: 14
    I am about to buy a RX330 AWD with premium plus and other standard options in a thundercloud edition but WITHOUT navigation or DVD for $39000 = Tax, title and plates (total $42,400) in Western New York area when I came across post #1936 which stated that rxbuyersc bought the same specification RX WITH navigation for a total of $41000. I am sure nav. is atleast $2500 which makes me look stupid for paying a lot more for something less. Can anybody confirm that the price rxbuyersc paid is possible now. Any info much appreciated
  • blackeye800blackeye800 Member Posts: 14
    Could you tell me the price you paid as I am looking at a similar RX. Thank you
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Did you deal with the Internet Sales guy at Lexus of Seattle? I'm in the Seattle area but had to go to Southern California to get the good price when I bought at the very end of December. Lexus of Seattle was getting close with the pricing though. Can you tell us what you ended up paying? Thanks!
  • dan30dan30 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking at a demo unit with about 14000 miles on it for around $35k. Should I stay away from these - are they treated like rental cars? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • farf007farf007 Member Posts: 1
    I just did a deal for an Premium Pakage Rx 330 from Rockville Center...I know the car business real well and they gave me a great deal. They are giving them away. They are also owned by the same people who own Lexus Massapequa on Long Island. You can get a deal for $38,000 on a 3 year 12k mile lease there. So far so good as far as I am concerned. Plus the dealership has only been around for just over 1 year and are looking to get their plates on the road.
    Farf007
  • hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    Do you care to share your lease deal on your RX330?
  • blackcat91blackcat91 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a 2005 awd Lexus RX330. I live in Connecticut. Can anyone tell me what their buying experience has been with the dealers in CT and how much over invoice I should expect to pay? I usually only pay $100-$200 over invoice when I buy cars but this will be my first "luxury" suv so I am not sure if this amount is unrealistic or not. Also, has anyone specifically dealt with Hoffman Lexus in East Hartford. That is the closest dealer to me. Thanks a bunch.
  • microbrwrmicrobrwr Member Posts: 1
    :) I swear I read somewhere that Lexus was planning a complete re-do of the RX for 2006, but I can't find the information anywhere! My in-laws are looking to buy one and I'm trying to help them avoid the dreaded depreciation that goes with a body change. Lexus is tight-lipped, saying that there is no change for next year. Anyone else hear this or was I dreaming??
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    The RX330 was just completely redesigned for the 2004 model year. Toyota/Lexus is not going to redesign the RX330 after 2 years on the market. The next total redesign should be for 2009 model year.

You may see some slight changes next year, such as front and rear nip & tucks, some feature upgrades, and maybe a new engine. The RX330 may become the RX350 for 2006.
  • officejofficej Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a fully loaded (Nav, rear entertainment, premium plus etc....) and paid $40,900 from Palm Beach Lexus. My sales guy was fantastic (I'll give you his name privately if you ask)

My question for the groups is this:

After I negotiated what I thought was a killer deal, the finance guy convinced me to purchase additional wear & tear insurance. It cost me about 19 / month, which translates to roughly $720 over the 36 month lease. His rationale was that Lexus Financial will hit me up for every scratch, ding and stain possible and that the insurance will cover me up to $5000.

Has anyone else come across this? If so, did you buy the insurance? The only other lease I had was through Chase and they gave me an allowance built into the payment.

I appreciate all feedback.

Jeremy
  • sjdudesjdude Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking for a 2005 RX330 with NAV( Premium+,
    18"Wheels,HID
    lights,6-CD,Acc.
    Pkg.).
    I am getting a quote for 40,100. Is this a good deal? The whole invoice price is very confusing as different dealers are showing different invoice price for similarly equipped vehicle.Anyone with a better deal recently.
    Congratultions on your new Lexus and getting a great deal! Was this a FWD or an AWD?
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Hi Officej
    Can you please tell us what was the MSRP of your Rx?
    Thankyou
    Krystal
  • crystal2crystal2 Member Posts: 52
    I have been reading these boards and other forums and noticing that most of the action is with the RX400H (main concern appears to be with the lower MPG than anticipated for those still in the break-in period, though most seem very happy with the performance). I have to admit feeling twinges of regret that I did not buy the RX400h, but the technology is still too new for my comfort. I will stay focused on the luxury of driving the RX330. I finally went with the Thundercloud Limited Edition 2005 AWD RX330. It is scheduled to arrive by this Friday (probably). It took so long that I suppose the prices might have fallen. But I got the deal I quoted in a previous message. Purchase price: $41,800 (including $400 for transport from CA. to NY). It comes with the Premium (Plus?) package, NAV with rear view camera, Mark Lev sound system, heated front seats, HID, Towing Prep. A Long Island person said he could match the price, but I had dealt with the Ca. dealership (Lexus of Glendale) Internet Sales Manager for a period of time and he had been consistently fair and professional in his services. (I even got a cargo net installed (free) in this deal). By the way, I was referred to this dealership by Fleetrates and the owner there also set up a good deal. He really seemed interested in working out a good deal for the customer as much as he could. I recommend both services highly. I just hope th SUV will get here in good condition. I will find out soon. Can't wait! I will post back on the results (esp. with the cross-country trek).
  • kdiaokdiao Member Posts: 2
    I am living in Houston, and want to buy a RX 330 or Acura MDX w/Nav. I have gotten a quota of RX 330 from internet salesman for $40,000. Could I get it down a little more? Thanks for anybody's comments about it. The sales person also said the Nav system and premium plus package are manufacture installed, and cannot be separated? Is it possible to buy a car with Nav, but no premium plus? I also want to get recommendations for dealers or sales persons. Thanks in advance.
  • ajm7ajm7 Member Posts: 9
    I live in Boston and just purchased a new 2005 AWD RX 330 with Premium Plus and NAV for 40,500, the sticker was 45,083. The dealer is also installing mudflaps and including winter mats ($200-$350 value depending on who you ask). The purchase was made over the phone, dealing witth the internet sales manager.
  • dclexusdudedclexusdude Member Posts: 3
    I've been shopping for RX330 AWD 330 with Premi um and Nav and went to Pohanka, the salesman said he would give me Thundercloud for 41,500 with Premium Package and Nav which is the same price he would give me for a similarly equipped non Thundercloud, his MSRP was 45,000. I told him his quote was too high given what I've been reading here and him stating that Pohanka had a bad month. I'm seeing here people are getting 40,000 for premium and NAV. Am I correct or really wrong?
  • dakota5dakota5 Member Posts: 3
    Most of the RX 330 seem to have been manufactured in Canada vs the Thundercloud manufactured in Japan. Anyone notice a significance in problems of Canada vs Japan? I live in the Virginia Beach area and have not found a good deal on the 2005 Lexus. Anyone have any experience in the East Coast.?
  • samusamu Member Posts: 8
    I am also looking for a thindercloud package with premiumplus nav package and live in md. I am willing to go to any area dealer in md/va or even a little beyond but just want to know what price people are getting on this car. also wat people are being quoted for this car without thundercloud. thanks.
  • lyssialyssia Member Posts: 1
    I live in Missouri, and I just ordered one RX330 AWD last week with Navigation and head rest DVD for 43,000.
  • happirockhappirock Member Posts: 4
    I live in the Kansas City area and I am wanting to purchase a RX330 with AWD, Navigation package,factory instaled DVD, heated seats, and laser cruise control.
    What should I expect to pay in this area. I am sure this will have to be specal ordered. Any dealership suggestions?
  • maf1maf1 Member Posts: 17
    Hello, congratulations on your deal!
    I have been looking in the Boston area as well. Can you tell me which dealership you worked with? Did you find that waiting until the end of the month helped in getting that great deal?
  • buyerincabuyerinca Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I have read several posts by officej, crystal2, ajm7 and lyssia about the price paid for RX330. Does the price in your e-mail is out of door price (i.e incuding sale TAX and other fee) or the price pre-sale TAX?
  • techmantechman Member Posts: 1
    I just put a down payment on a AWD Thundercloud with Nav and Lev for about $3700 under MSRP. Of course that is not including tax title and license yet. But I think I did just fine.
    Buyerinca, I paid $41,400 (MSRP = $46,300) before sales tax, licensing/ reg. fee in NYS and a dealer $45 doc. fee. Additionally, I paid $400 to transport the 2005 Thundercloud Limited Ed. AWD RX330 (with NAV and Mark Lev audio, HID Adaptive Headlights, automatic headlamp and windshield wipers, heated front seats, towing prep package, 18" alloy wheels) to NY from CA. Southern CA may have some of the better deals still (It was the case when I first started the process in 3/05). Hope this helps.
  • tcheungtcheung Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I'm interested in buying a new RS330 FWD with premium plus in the DFW area. What should I expect to pay? Will I be able to get a better deal in Austin or Houston? Thanks.
  • miked22miked22 Member Posts: 20
    If you get it done at invoice ($39,888) with tier one lexus credit you can be at $555.00 w tax
  • ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    I was quoted $35,472 for the premium package w/heated seats plus tax and title. The MSRP was $39,820. The finance on it is 4.4% for 60 months. Is this a good price? Could I do better? Thanks.
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Picking up our RX330 tomorrow. As above, sticker is $45,083...the internet sales manager accepted my bid of $40,004 and passed the sale to a salesperson who works the dealership floor. No other extra charges other than title, registration, tax. The Glenview, IL Lexus dealership wouldn't do anything less than $500 over the invoice of $39981and offered me $500 less on my Town & Country. It was real easy to drive across town to Woodfield Lexus for $1000!
    BTW, every dealership was steadfast on the "invoice" of $39981. This is more than any invoice value you'll get on Edmunds, or KBB, etc. As we know the higher number includes advertising, wholesale reserve, gasoline, holdback, etc.
  • lori33019lori33019 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in how you fared with the delivery, etc. I emailed and talked to Glendale Lexus today (based on you posting) and was quoted very good prices-- much better then the local dealer here in Hollywood, Fla. I had a copy of your email and the local guy as much as said he couldn't compete. While there I got a call from the dealer in s cal. and he said to ask you who did your cross country delivery-- he thought $400 sounded like a great price. I was also thinking of the Thuindercloud-- but sales guy suggested get the 2005 RX 330 all decked out-- esentially the same car-- my main thing was I like the wood (400H too sterile with only brushed metal) and white color, he siad the wood is red walnut on the RX 330...so am pricing white AWD with everything including DVD for 42,500. He has one coming in late May. Without DVD9 ==also without Levison audio 40,200 but no white ones now. Then sales tax and delivery. Look forward to hearing how it all worked out.. Lori
    Hi, Lori, You are confirming what I heard a few months ago; that the deals in Southern CA. are some of the best around. I was not sure if this was still the case since the 400H came out. I did get a local Long Island person to come close to the S. CA. prices (but with shipping tagged onto the price).
    The shipping was arranged thru Fleetrates.com since I went thru them for my deal (they hooked me up with Lexus Glendale). I was naive and thought I was negotiating the destination charge, so I was arguing for shipping rate based on the normal $650 (apprx) dest. fee. I thought I was good and going more than half way for the shipping. The actual shipping for my RX330 was a little over $1000 door to door. Yes, I got an excellent price because the owner of Fleetrates.com was ready to make the deal work.
    However, the shipping has caused one big problem. I have yet to receive the SUV. This had nothing to do with the dealership. The SUV was picked up on 4/21/05 and held in a CA. terminal of the transport co. (DASautoshippers.com) until 5/2/05, before finally being transported across the country (actual trip took approx. 3 days). I was told the SUV would arrive 5/5/05, but they missed that by a few days, then I could not be around for a Monday delivery (3 days after the SUV arrived in the NJ terminal). I am finally going to receive it by tomorrow A.M.
    So this is the bad news (in addition to the fact that you may have trouble getting a low transport fee like mine) - I closed on my car loan 4/15/05, but it would have taken nearly a month (5/13/05) before I actually get to drive the car.
    Your deal does sound good with the RSES (DVD player). I do not have that or the Performance (suspension) package. However, we have 3 portable laptops with excellent battery life and beautiful DVD picture (SONY). So I did not care that much about the ent system. Let me know how it works out. Good luck!
    Hi, I finally received my Thundercloud Ed. AWD RX330. It was delivered this afternoon and looked in excellent shape except for cosmetic dirt, e.g., smudges on driver's door and dirty footprints on mats - front and rear (I wished I had known to ask the dealership to keep the papermats on front and back (back had footprints - no papermats; front mats had footprints underneath the papermats - however, the papermats belonged to DASautoshippers (with their co. name), the transport co. Problem might have been eliminated if I asked for dealership mats. I immediately placed the front and back floor Husky liner mats and cargo mat (also Husky Liner) in the SUV. The mats appear to fit this car perfectly and they do not look bad at all (I purchased gray ones to match the gray interior). I have to also thank the Internet Sales Manager at Lexus Glendale for the cargo net and nice-looking installation.
    But I cannot complain about this since it has been a long trip. Just a tip to others who are transporting their cars.
    Bwalke, I got my deal by first contacting Fleetrates who then connected me with Lexus of Glendale, Internet Sales Manager, to complete the deal. Perhaps you can speak to Fleetrates first (ask for the owner; he was totally professional and service-oriented) or you can go directly to the Internet Sales Manager at Lexus Glendale (CA.) I cannot provide specific names, but you can ask for the person by position, based on the info I have provided. I also have provided the transport co. info for those who are interested in getting transport fee info. The best to you!
    I am very excited about the SUV and cannot wait to take a ride out towards the Hamptons/ Montauk area in Long Island later today or this weekend!
  • yyyyyy Member Posts: 22
    The RX330 (AWD+NAV at MSRP 45083) has listed internet price of 39888 on some So. CA dealers. The bay area (N. CA) has the internet price of 41000 - 41500 of the same car. My understanding is that the DVD+Levison is for 1200 more. (By the way, there are 6 trim levels, 3 for FWD and 3 for AWD, which if you asked for quote, some dealer will forward the info to you.)

I've not found out the invoice price of the car yet. I am assuming the 39888 is around 500 above the invoice, but I have no idea as no dealer giving me the info - an internal policy among dealers?

By the way, it is hard to find the car with certain color (say bamboo pearl, which my wife wants as this her car). But you can always pay 500 toward reserving the car you want in the future shipment.

Internet shopping is quite easy. I had the quote from about 8 dealers (4 from N. CA, and 4 from S. CA) and finalized to two. I then pick the dealer with car in the shipment, since the other does not have any. that's all.

Is the car at this price a good deal? I have no idea. Cheers,
    I just recently purchased in No.Cal the same combination (AWD+NAV+ Premium PLUS) for 40,075 which the dealer told me is invoice +200. I was shown a print put of an Invoice by the Internet manager. Are you saying the actual Invoice is 39,888?But I really got the color I wanted Flint Mica with Grey interior. Now I feel cheated if the 39888 is 500 over invoice. Where did you get this info from ?
  • tsyganoktsyganok Member Posts: 6
    Hi!Dealer invoice price for RX330 P+ w/Navi is 39888(including 468$ LDA-local adv.) have it in my office, but dealers get holdbacks and other payments up to 2000. Bought one for 39420 in DC area few days ago, but promised not push on this price until month end. But i`m wholesale(buying about 5-10 cars a month)
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    Ladies and Gents,
    I am a smart, but simple man. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to how much people are paying for a specific trim.

I will keep it simple: How much over invoice should I expect to pay? Is anyone seeing under invoice, at invoice, 200 over etc. Through Edmunds and USAA car builder, I can basically get a good idea as to true invoice price (not what the dealer says).

Incidentally, I am looking for a fully loaded RX330. NAV, RES, Heated Seats, Tow package and receiver, cargo mat, wheel locks, HID, AFL, Rain sensing wipers etc. Crystal2, the Thundercloud you purchased sounds similiar to what I am looking for, but I am not sure I like the black wood accents. I will have to look at another one soon.

Bottomline, I need to know how close to invoice I need to offer, and how much should cause me to walk away from the desk, hang up the phone or delete the email (depending on whether I prefer person to person or internet sales). If I walk away, I want it to be because I KNOW that their deal was not the best I could get.

I welcome all responses.
    Tsyganok,

Thanks for that info. Is LDA something that they spend and get it reimbursed from Lexus or Lexus charge them irrespective of they do local adv. or not. Now I feel not that bad. I was aware of the dealer incentives. That is why I was shooting for one at Invoice. I couldn't get anyone here to move on price below this one dealer who agreed for Invoice +200. Are you saying you buy the cars at wholesale price? Are you a re seller? How do you sell them?
  • happirockhappirock Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on the RX330. What is a reasonable price? I live in the Mid-West and do not know if prices are different indifferent parts of the US.
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    For the RX 330 with Nav and premium plus with retail of $45,083 the KBB and Edmunds invoice will come up $39,420. But ALL of 5 major dealers in the metro Chicago area said their "invoice" was $39,981.
    This is very comparable to what we are reading from SoCal where invoice is said to be $39,888 (perhaps regional advertising $s are different.)
    I bought mine at $40,004 ($23 over invoice) which I think is a pretty good deal overall.
    So I think anybody buying retail (not a wholesaler like tsyganok) who can get the $45083 vehicle for $40,000 or so is getting a great deal--or just work it as a similar % if your retail is higher or lower. Good luck negotiating!
    My wife got her RX330 with Bamboo Pearl color yesterday. The one with MSRP 47903 at the price of 41.6k, which is exactly 500 off the invoice price (if you guys believe the 39888 is the invoice prices for car at MSRP 45083, then ~42K as the invoice for car at MSRP47903 should be correct.)

The car has 6 miles on it when we took the car. The car is pretty much like the review stated and also how CR commented. I drove Land Cruiser. I can say the car needed some power if you want to drive to Sierra Nevada, but otherwise is a very sophisticated, quite, and roomy car.
  • brianm4brianm4 Member Posts: 33
    In Southern CA.
    FWD
    Premium +, w/ navigation
    $42,858 MSRP
    $35,991 plus tax and license.
    $854 out of pocket
    $510.82 payment (including 775% tax)
    36 month lease, 12k miles per year
  • jwdfwjwdfw Member Posts: 7
    Techman, that sounds like an excellent deal, and exactly what I'm lookink for. Would you mind sharing more details. Like color, dealer, shipping, and how you went about it... Thanks
  • jandajanda Member Posts: 1
    ajm7 - which dealership did you get this from? i am also in boston and am interested in purchasing an rx

thanks!
  • nick15nick15 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted for a rx 330 silver w/ black inter. AWD/NAVI/LEVINS. RADIO/CAMERA $40,800 + tax + reg + fees. Is this a good deal? Also, what is invoice on the above car w/ all toys included?
    New York Area.

Thanks!
    I didn't know you can have the 330 with AWD/NAV/LEVINS. but not a TC. I guess you can't ever believe the dealer, since I was told that either I got a TC edition or get the package with DVD :-(

Unfortunately, the TC package does not include the color which my wife wants.
    Anyway, the sales said the ML cost 1200 over invoice of 39888. If that is the case then 40800 is actually below the invoice price. Asked the sales to show you the shipping list, which has the invoice number on it. If the dealer is desperate in selling you the car, you can get 500 below the invoice.
    I noticed that most bought the car at invoice +/- a few hundreds. Depending on a particular trims and color (supply and demand), you have a chance to get that 500 off invoice. Beyond that, I haven't see anyone getting it on this forum yet. Good luck,
  • dakota5dakota5 Member Posts: 3
    TSYGANOK Hi Am planning in going to the DC area this weekend and would like to know your contact. I live in the Virginia Beach area, but there is only one dealer and he is not much for negotiation. Would appreciate any help that you can offer. Thanks.
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please do not ask for or provide names or contact information of salespeople (or other dealership staffers) as it is a violation of our policies. Any posts containing such information will be deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    In this forums, most bought the car at invoice +/- a few hundreds as #2017 yyy said.

I am in Sothern,Cali. LA, Orange & SBDO county. looking for RX330 AWD fully loaded with everything incl Rear DVD except heated seat.

Edmunds MSRP is 47,903, Invoice is $41,553. My target price is $41,000 off invoice $500.

I send request to 3 dealers' internet dept. yesterday. I get the first respond is $42,300. not so good. So keep waiting the other two dealers. :)
This discussion has been closed.