Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nick15nick15 Member Posts: 3
  • nick15nick15 Member Posts: 3
    I was approved for Lexus Tier 1 Credit. Any ideas on rate for Tier 1 Financing?
    Still looking for a better deal.
    I was quote so far for a AWD/Navi, Prem + which includes the 18" wheels 40,900 by 2 dealers.
    Should a negotiate for a better deal since I have to wait.
    At one of the dealers, I have to wait until June for the specific color combo flint mica /black.
  • yyyyyy Member Posts: 22
    40900 is about a 1000 more than the invoice. the toyota interest rate is high. I got credit union at 3.75% which is >1% less. There is a demand of certain color on AWD. If flint mica is in high demand, then it may be a challenge to get a good price. It is easy to find out as all you have to do is to call all dealers in your area. I recall one dealer, after I paid 500, call me back said there is no bamboo pearl color car in the future shipment. He can just say he doesn't want to sell the car at the quoted price, but he makes it sound like toyota shipping his dealership with any color but bamboo pearl. It's just absurd.
  • nboghaninboghani Member Posts: 2
    Colud someone give me the dealer name in chicago where they got the best price.
    RX 330 with NAV and Premium plus.

Thanks
  • nboghaninboghani Member Posts: 2
    For chicago area Wood field lexus - rocks and gave me at invvoice+$19.00
  • jay_man2jay_man2 Member Posts: 5
    I got 3.63% for 60 months with Lexus Financial Services in December. Tier 1 got me to 3.9%, and a previous Toyota lease pushed it to 3.63%
  • rad4rad4 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to buy an RX 330--no Nav. It looks like the MSRP will be $42,733.

Any recommendations between Ray Catena, Prestige, DiFeo or one of the NY dealerships?

First quote from Ray Catena was $38,000.

thanks
  • crystal2crystal2 Member Posts: 52
    Rad4, That sounds like a fairly good quote, if you are talking about AWD with premium or premium plus? I got a quote from Smithtown Lexus for $42,000+ for a AWD Prem +, no NAV. There was no discounting. However, I got some decent quotes from another Long Island dealership, one closer to NYC, Rallye Lexus (I gave the salesperson - internet? the quote I had gotten from So. CA. and basically the salesperson tried to match the price. At that time, So. CA had some of the more competitive prices on the 2005 RX330. You may want to ask them for quotes, especially once you have determined what the lowest quote is you can have them try to beat.
    I wouldn't waste your time with Smithtown Lexus. I bought an IS 300 in Feb and went into Smithtown to ask them for a price--the saleswoman told me point blank that they don't compete on price with the bigger dealers.

I also went into Rallye (I live in NJ, but work in Suffolk occassionally) and they were cheaper but certainly not the best price.

Try Lexus of Rockville Centre--I got a committment that they would match or beat any price that I got, including the $38,000 on the Premium Plus ($42,733 list price)

Also Bay Ridge is supposed to be good, but I don't have any direct experience there.
    Rad4, I am glad you know the scoop in NY. I was actually going to mention Rockville Lexus, but I forgot what I heard about them. Good for others to know they will deal. It seems like you have the scoop on the NY Lexus dealers. What are you looking for regarding your own deal? Good Luck. I got my RX330. Read my next post, if interested.
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    I have been offered an AWD 2004 RX330 with Perfromance Package (adjutable air suspension, HID and AFS), heated seats, Navigation system, power rear door for $34,000. It does NOT have a tow package or RSES.

The vehicle is exactly two years old (purchased May 03), and it is a Japanese made model according to the owner. It has about 25,500 miles on it, so I would end up with 2yrs/24,500 mile factory warranty left.

I am hoping to let the guy know by midday on 25 May (today). Thanks
    I have to amend some of my previous messages. Lori33091 (Post #2000) and others who are considering transporting their cars from out of state should pay attention.

It is not a done deal until the product has been received in good shape and ALL APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK HAVE BEEN TURNED OVER AFTER PAYMENT! This was where I was held hostage by Lexus of Glendale. I paid for the RX330 in full 4/16/05 (with bank check and credit card payment authorization). Yet I was not able to legally drive my paid in full SUV until yesterday 5/24/05.

It was not until yesterday I finally got the MCO (manufacturer's certificate of origin or title transfer paperwork). This was after numerous reassurances by the Internet Fleet Sales manager that he would get the MCO to me soon (overnighting it after the car left his lot 4/21/05, he would run over to headquarters an hour away to get it done). Then it was certainly going to reach me by 5/5/05 (the original delivery date provided by the transport co). Then no news about the MCO with the delay in arrival of the car in NY 5/13/05. I had to contact the salesperson numerous times. Then I would certainly get it by the time the car actually arrived 5/13/05. When the car finally arrived, then the next excuse was there were problems with getting me the MCO because my credit union asked to be lienholder, insinuating my credit union was the one to hold up the process.

By 5/16/05, they then said they could not honor the original agreement to have me register the car with NY DMV myself . I would have to sign paperwork to allow them to register the car for me thru their contracted out 3rd party automated system of registration (which, of course, charged me double the price I would pay registering the car myself). Not only did they figure a way to get more money paid out by me via the automated registration process, they indicated that process would take another 2 weeks. (I could have been overnighted the MCO and registered the car in one day, doing it myself, saving time and money).
    This meant all together I would not be able to drive the car I paid for until 7+ weeks after payment in full of the RX330 on 4/16/05. Fortunately, I had an intelligent and caring officer at my credit union who stuck to her guns and stated the title paperwork was way overdue to the customer, who had already started making car payment, yet with no legal right ro drive the car in NYS.

The shifting of blame to my loan co. was inaccurate and the hold-up was apparently due to an inhouse policy of the co. benefiting from the practice of billing overinflated charges thru the automated reg process. Interesting, "It was their policy to protect the leinholder." Since when have dealerships been worried about protecting lienholders not directly involved with them?

What I found out and was reminded by NY DMV was that the dealership did not have the right to hold up my paperwork for title transfer since I had paid for the car in full and the financing was not thru Lexus Glendale. The process of making my credit union a lienholder was very simple. I just had to file form MV900 with NY DMV for $5 and this was between the credit union and myself, nothing to do with the dealership once I had paid them in full. They were treating my case as if they were providing the financing (according to the NY DMV agent I spoke to).

My credit union had to be involved and let them know they would handle the lienholder reporting process (in fact as soon as I signed the loan papers, there had been an automatic electronic processs set in place to make sure the bank would be listed as lienholder as soon as I registered the car in NY). The dealership tried to confuse and mislead me, as well as the agent at the credit union. My credit union agent finally convinced them to overnight the MCO to her (meaning I had to do extra running around to pick up title paperwork that belonged to me). But this allowed me to receive the paperwork and drive the car in 6 weeks after full payment) instead of at least another week of waiting.

What a turn-off and a reminder of bad sales practice. I will follow up with complaints to the appropriate people when I get a chance to do so.

So I have yet to drive or test drive the RX330 I purchased. I have no idea how it runs. This last part of the deal was hell and showed sales techniques once again as self-serving, deceptive and aggravating to customers. So much for Lexus dedication to customer service (at least with my final sales experience).
    Louiein99, I would consider how the SUV drives. Recurrent complaints about transmission hesitation and excessive cabin noise in some cars should be tested out and queried by you in considering this purchase (good that this SUV has been driven and the owner should know if these problems exist and can report to you if the owneris honest.) If these two problems do not apply, this used RX330 may be a winner.

I have been anxious to know if my yet to be driven RX330 has these major flaws reported by enough people to be of concern to me. I wil finally drive my RX today to find out (spent the day yesterday running around to pick up the MCO and registering the car - finally- at the DMV MYSELF).
    Crystal2--I am looking to get to a price of about $37,250 to $37,500 on the car. Lets see what happens...
    I'll let everyone know.
  • venturecatventurecat Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone in the Boston area been able to do better than $38,908 plus tax, title and reg. for an RX330 with Premium plus, heated seats/rain sensing wipers, 18" alloy wheels, 6cd changer and tow package? (quote from Ira Lexus Danvers) If so, what dealer and how much?
  • sierrasonicsierrasonic Member Posts: 26
    Go to consumerreports.org and buy the auto price on their website which will give the clear picture about the rates but which will cost you $12/-
    So what is latest internet price quote for RX 330 with MSRP $47903? Thanks,
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    I need to wait one month to get what I want !
    No car in So Cal. even the dealer trade. need order through Lexus.

I send out e-mail to 3 dealers that close to my home within 25 miles.
    One, I never get respond! I think his business too good to reply the e-mail.
    One, I get phone call but no what I want, We talk about the price, he talk me above invoice 2-5 hundred, rate about 5 - 5.5%. he ask me to come to dealer to talk about the best deal. So I think may be have a better deal when face to face.

One, after he quote $42,300, then I go to the dealer to talk to him. he give to me the best price all AWD at invoice. If 2WD may below invoice 2-5 hundred.
    Rate the best is 4.64% up to 60 months.
    I say the Yahoo Autos show 4.12%. He said that is wrong information.
    But Also he did not have what I want. I need to wait one month to order from Lexus.

After that I call the Lexus Financial Service to double check. The 4.64% is the lowest rate in CA. Tier 1, FICO score 730 above. ( so the Yahoo & other webs is wrong, but may be is the different state with different rate.

:cry: I need to wait
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    Sorry. It's MSN Auto rebate post 4.12% rate
  • louiein99louiein99 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone have any predictions as to what prices will look like in August-October when the 06s are about to come out? If we are getting them at invoice now, 1000-2000 under invoice does not seem inconceivable for the remaining 2005s. You may not have your first choice of color, but I am wondering if you have the time to wait, it that would be a good option.

Or, am I overexaggerating what I think the prices will be? Did anyone buy an 04 just before the O5's came out? Also, how long were the 05s out before they started being purchased at invoice price?
  • vgmdvgmd Member Posts: 5
    I got 4.12% in NJ.
  • nu330nu330 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new Thundercloud Edition AWD last night kinda on a whim. I had been looking for a different color FWD w/navi, but they are in very short supply in the Los Angeles area. I had been looking for a couple of weeks, but got desperate and started calling around. Bought the above car w/navigation for $40,969 (supposedly $100 above invoice). Love the car, despite the fact that I don't think I need the AWD since I don't go to the mountains at all--most of my driving is in the LA basin. I'm a little fearful driving it, since I'm used to a sedan (an ES300) and am not used to sitting so high, nor am I accustomed to the body lean of an SUV. On the other hand, I'm sure I'll get used to it--and I LOVE the interior of the Thundercloud edition as well as all the options! So--did I get a good deal? Came to just over $44k with all the taxes and licenses...
  • nu330nu330 Member Posts: 3
    By the way--I bought my Thundercloud (I think I said Thunderbird edition in my last post--oops!) edition at a dealer last night. We stayed after closing to fill out paperwork. I stayed about 5 minutes past the dealer and salespeople's exodus to adjust seats, etc and was LOCKED IN THE PARKING LOT! The gates were locked, and the security guards didn't have akey. Meanwhile, my husband had left with my old car so I was stuck there for 45 minutes, until someone rescued me at 11:00 pm. I was upset--I was in an industrial park over an hour from home at that time of night. What an unceremonious departure after buying a brand new car! Luckily, I made them program my navi to send me home, so at least I felt comfortable that I wouldn't get lost. So much for Lexus' customer care!
  • jayliujayliu Member Posts: 17
    I just got my FWD RX330 with Premium Plus package.(prefered accesory + wheel lock+6dick CD+ tow prep+ heatd seat and RS) MSRP $41633. My dealer is located in the Hennessy Lexus in Gwinett. There is only one so look it up. I dealt with the Interent manager via email. He gave me a drive out price via email after a phone call conversation. And that's the exact price I paid which is about $300 over invoice) Very friendly professional wonderful people to work.
    Email me if you need his name.
  • ajm7ajm7 Member Posts: 9
    Venturecat,
    3 weeks ago I negotiated (via phone) w/ Ira a new 2005 rx330 w/prem plus, 18" wheels, etc including navigation for 40,500, they also included winter mats and installed mudflaps (200-350 value depending on who you ask). Sticker was 45,083. NAV is 1,980 dealer cost, invoice is 2,350. I think you might be able to do a little better on price. I went in yesterday to pay for the car (had to wait for color combo we wanted) they tried to charge me $195 admin/paperwork fee and told me this was NOT negotiable. I told them I would pay $50 for doing the registry run but not $195. Again they told me this is non-negotiable. I handed the paperwork back to them and began to walk away, they then agreed to the $50. Good luck!
  • ali2ali2 Member Posts: 1
    what is the name of the dealership? Thanks
  • rjnrjn Member Posts: 8
    I'd like the name of the internet manager as well as your sales price excluding tax. Thanks
  • drewdogg808drewdogg808 Member Posts: 6
    First I would like to thank everyone for all the informative posts and experiences...it really helped me in my buying process. I purchased a FWD RX330 Thundercloud Edition (thundercloud metallic) in Houston about 2 weeks ago for my fiancee. I found it was initially tough getting actual quotes over the phone or email with the fleet managers from 3 of the 4 Houston dealers. Nobody wanted to give exact numbers and all wanted me to setup appointments. Westside offered $2500 off MSRP, but for a premium package in stock. I was persistent in getting actual prices prior to going in since I rarely get a day off work. I finally was able to get some prices from Clear Lake and Sterling McCall...Northside would not go any lower than $3000 off the MSRP of $41633. I eventually went with Clear Lake for $38,000 plus ttl. Sterling McCall was a little lower $37, 795 but couldn't get the Thundercloud metallic color I wanted, just Flint Mica in stock. I also got all season floor mats and tint included as well for the 38K price.

Not nearly as low as the amazing So. Cal prices people are getting, but acceptable for me (about 800 over invoice).
    I got good prices from Fleetrate also, would have been $37.5k plus ttl shipped for same car (41,633 msrp), and $36.5K (40,508 msrp) shipped for just premium plus, 18" wheels (no thundercloud). Given the included oil changes and getting the car in a couple days, I went with the local deal.

Hope this helps anyone in the market in Houston.
  • mac330mac330 Member Posts: 1
    I live in San Diego and things appear to have changed in the last 40 days as far as good deals are concerned. Invoice price as equipped (2005 RX 330 fwd, premium plus pkg, no NAV, Bamboo Pearl/ Ivory interior leather) is $35,991. (Edmunds, CR, KBB et al show the invoice on the vehicle including destination fee as $34899 but are not including cost of 18" alloy wheels, 6 disc CD player, accessory pkg. - which apparently is how the vehicle is now made at least as sold in So. Cal - and local dealer advertising, which explains the difference between what dealers claim is invoice and what we see on the web services).

I spoke to 9 dealers (internet sales managers only) in the So Cal region and there does appear to be a shortage of inventory. Some would not quote a price saying they were unsure if and when they would have the color/interior combo with my options. No one pressured me to come to the dealership and in fact were fine doing things by email and phone.

The three San Diego local dealers were absolutely useless. Claiming "acute shortage of inventory" in the West, Lexus of Carlsbad and Lexus of Kearny Mesa quoted prices of $37995 and $36991, respectively. To boot Lexus Carlsbad were quite arrongant when I attempted to negotiate ("maybe you should consider buying a domestic car"). Lexus of El Cajon offered to sell the car at MSRP, if they could find my color!!

In the end, with the help of Fleetrates.com I ended up negotiating a deal with Lexus of Glendale (LA area) and am paying $400 above invoice or $36391. They've given me a VIN # and promise to have the vehicle by June 7. Other dealers in the LA area who were helpful to deal with included Crown Lexus of Ontario, CA, and Lexus of Westminster, CA, offering the vehicle at $36491 and $36699, respectively. No one had my color and option in stock and indicated a 4+ weeks wait.
  • teffenditeffendi Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2005 RX330 with premium plus and navigation (but no entertainment system or premium sound package) in Houston Texas. They are offering a 48 month lease with 18,000 miles for $699 at Teir 2 credit. Appears high, is this the best I can do?? Please reply ASAP
  • teffenditeffendi Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2005 RX330 with premium plus and navigation (but no entertainment system or premium sound package) in Houston Texas. They are offering a 48 month lease with 18,000 miles for $699 at Teir 2 credit. Appears high, is this the best I can do?? Please reply ASAP
    Jayliu,
    I now realize that you are not permitted to list names of salespersons. I have located the dealership you mentioned but would like to know what your buying price was without taxes. Were there any dealer processing fees? Thanks in advance for the info.
    RJN
  • ceebeeceebee Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I am looking at '05 330 with Premium Plus Pkg in the seattle area. Could you please email me the name of the person that you dealt with at the Lynwood dealership. Also did you get the car at invoice?.
    TIA.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Try the Internet Sales Manager...good man to work with!
    Buying at invoice is a good deal which I guess only possible at S. Ca.
    I know Toyota does not have the best rate, so you should shop around.
    Don't know what kind of contract you have with dealer for ordering car. I know some dealer has the 48 hours policy and only if you have the car "LOCKed". Putting down payment has nothing to do if the car is resevered for you. Somehow in the dealer's system, the car with the your car's VIN has to be blocked out in order not to be sold by others (you can tell I learned my painful lesson here :-( ) Of cause, you need to get the car within 48 hours - which I haven't figure out when the tick started. I guess each dealer has different system, so my experience may not apply here. Anyhow, congraduations to you and I know you'll enjoy the car - my wife loves it.
    I meant "congratulations". Sorry for the typo :) Cheers,
  • jayliujayliu Member Posts: 17
    Yes there was a processing fee of $299.
    ajm7
    Thanks for the reply. I happily picked up our 2005 AWD w/ prem. plus, 18" alloys, 6cd changer, heated seats/rain sens. wipers, tow package, and access. package(cargo mat & wheel locks) from Lexus of Northborough yesterday. Paid 38,400. List is 42,733. They also put in winter mats and a $25 gift certificate. I requested quotes through Edmunds and followed up with the Internet manager via phone. It was a very pleasant experience and we love the car!
  • dyeung1dyeung1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was quote the same price (38,400, list is 42,733) here in So. Cal. for a AWD with Premium plus package, 18", 6cd, heated seats/rain sens. wipers. Just trying to figure out what options are included in this price. The salesman told me this price is $500 over invoice. My calculation shows it's more than that.
  • krl69krl69 Member Posts: 5
    Trying to Negotiate lease with dealers in NY/NJ area. For RX 330 with Premium plus package including navigation MSRP is $45083 (invoice is $39376). I'm being quoted $40000. 36 months/15K, residual of 54% money factor .00156, 8.375% taxes. The dealer says there are acquisition costs from the bank of $1250. Do you think this lease deal is good? Is the bank fee negotiable? Should I prepay the taxes or put them into the lease payments. Plugging all numbers into leaseguide.com calculator including "bank fee" of $1250 says payments will be $621/month.
    dyeung1, From what I gather from the posts here, there are some advertising or other miscellaneous costs the dealers count in their invoice price that you won't see in the invoice price listings you find in Edmunds and elsewhere.
    Jayliu,
    Thanks for the information on processing fees. I was wondering what the sales price was on your vechicle excluding sales taxes and fees. You had mentioned that the MSRP was 41,633. Thank you in advance
    RJN
  • rastaforirastafori Member Posts: 12
    Hello... did you ever post the dealer name on your great deal. I may have missed it. Thank you...
  • yufengtsuiyufengtsui Member Posts: 9
    My next door neighbor told me he just bought a 2005 FWD RX330 silver 32K + tax + 360 registration fee. Total is 34287 out of the door. He said he gets the HD headlights, rain sense wiper, dual heated seats, radio and 6 CD changer, wheel locks, cargo net , wheel locks and etc.

I called the same dealer for a quote of AWD version with premimum plus but was told the invoice is 37908 and he is willing to sell for invoice + 500.

I guess the demand for FWD in northeast is probably not high. I believe my neighbor got a great deal.
    rastafori, ajm7 got the deal at IRA (see post 2047). Also see post 2062 re my deal at Lexus of Northborough.
    Thanks...

my blank Citi Financial Check to purchase arrives via UPS today so it's time to negotiate. Typical Black Onyx, Gray Leather, Premium Plus, 18's, Nav, (No more no less). Lexus build site MSRP 45083, I think edmunds.com invoice is approximately 39360, (I think wheel locks or something minor is missing at edmunds options so it's about 90 off). So along with Lexus of Rockville NY, I'll try Lexus of Northborough in Mass.

Seeing as I live in Connecticut it would be nice if a local dealer would step up to the plate with some good (TMV or Better) numbers, namely McDermott, Westport, or Hoffman Lexus (Good website with up to date "NEW" car inventory), but I'm in no real hurry so I have time to walk away from the "not perfect" deal for me... OR there's the NY, Mass, or NJ dealers.

One thing with edmunds DealSmart membership that I purchased is the "Request Dealer Quote" link hangs up and won't open... anybody have any suggestions or had a similar problem? I may be forced to email the dealers directly with my request(s) unless I can get the link to work.

Thanks all... Somebody nearby must want to sell a New Plain Black AWD RX330 to a cash buyer (for about 1K over invoice) :)
    Rastafori, I was thrown off by another member here and was confused by the member's stronger recommendation for Rockville Long Island. However, after reading comments from another forum (which rated Rallye highly and wrote less positive comments about Rockville NY), I remembered that I had actually gotten very good quotes from Rallye (NOT Rockville, which either did not respond or were non-committal over the phone). I want to suggest that you consider Rallye of Long Island (Glen Cove?). I remember the internet salesperson/ manager? was ready to deal after I put in a phone call. He was ready to match my price of $41,800 (included $400 transport from CA to NY) for the 2005 TC Ed. AWD RX330 with a MSRP of $46,363. He was ready to sell the same package but in flint mica instead of TC metallic. For $40,800 or $40,600 he would have sold me a 2005 AWD, premium plus with NAV that was not a TC Ed. The latter price appears to come close to your target. Maybe you can contact this dealership (internet sales) for a phone quote.
  • jj2jj2 Member Posts: 11
    I just bought an RX with AWD, premium plus for $38,400 (MSRP $43,722). This price was negotiated over the internet. The sales manager, sales person, and finance person were professional and excellent to work with. If anyone is looking for a great place to buy an RX, Lexus of Lindon (Utah) is the best in the state. :)
    Thanks crystal2... isn't it frustrating :mad: when dealers don't return request for quotes or acknowledge an offer. The same guys that snub you at the beginning of the month are selling for what you offered, or cheaper at the end of the month. (to someone else to make quotas and keep a job) Honestly though... I think anyone from this forum would be a tough customer, I don't picture internet shoppers walking blindly into dealerships paying MSRP (plus the second window sticker... remember those) $1,000 for non-existent undercoating, $400 pinstriping?, AND the extended "local" dealer warranty :D:D

The prices that you quoted are about what I want to pay... How long ago did he (Rallye) quote you those prices? In the meantime I'll add them to my "request quote from" list.
    I got the quote from Rallye in 4/05 after I saw a big ad placed by the dealership in Newsday (Long Island). I called up and might have spoken to a regular salesperson or internet sales manager (not sure which).

I think the salesperson actually quoted me $40,600 for the package that sounds like the one you want. Also, that price included a tag-on for the $400 fee I was planning to pay for the CA. to NY transport of the RX. So you may be able to knock another $400 off the $41,600. However, the salesperson was quoting me prices for available RX330 at their dealership and you seem to know exactly what color and package you want, so you may have to wait for the right deal.
This discussion has been closed.