Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lexus4540lexus4540 Member Posts: 2
    Tom54, the price I was quoted was 37,277. He stated that this was approx $100 over invoice. I bought the model that MSRP'd for 42,730. I felt it was a good deal, but I did feel "ripped" off on my trade in. I guess they have to make money somewhere!
  • ttirbttirb Member Posts: 1
    Happybuyer,
    I tseems as though u r a source of inspiration to many (in LA county) on this forum.
    It appears there are several forum members seek'g a RX 330 (2WD Base with no premium pkg's). I visited the Keyes/Lexus dealership today. I specifically told them I didn't want ANY bells and whistles. Instead, they presented me with so-called "standard" models. When I challenged them on this, they admitted that, although the lot models were basically "loaded" with @ least three premium pkg's, it was considered "standard to the dealership." I was informed of this after I looked at the requested invoice $38K (yeah right), which didn't have a breakdown. I know that according to Costco, Edmunds, AAA, my Credit Union, and Intellechoice, the base invoice is $31K. But Keyes was reluctant to look outside their dealership or factory order this basic (2005) model.
    Happybuyer, do you think I would have a fighting chance with Glendale's Fleet/Internet department? Or, should I just wait to order the 2006 during the "December to Remember" promotion?
    Any/All Forum Member support/feedback would be helpful. :)
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    Toyota/Lexus has never said whether RX production in total was eventually supposed to move to Canada. The main reason for part of RX production moving to Canada was because: 1) Most of the RX's sold are sold in North America 2) the plant that produces the RX in Japan couldn't keep up with demand for the North American market. Therefore they started making RX's here to try and meet the demand in the NA market.

I don't think Japan will loose RX production, at least for this life cycle of the vehicle. Maybe by the time the next generation RX comes out, total RX production will move to Canada.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Hi,

Would you please tell which dealer in which city? It seems to me he got the leather seats since he has the heated seats.

Thanks
  • itsmeehkyleitsmeehkyle Member Posts: 21
    THERE IS A LEXUS OF CLEAR LAKE IN HOUSTON ... VERY NICE DEALERSHIP JUST PICKED UP A 05 RX 330 PREMIUM PAKG WITH 18' WHEEL AND LOCK AND MATS ON 7/30 FINAL PRICE 37,000 NOT INCLUDED TTL NO MISC FEE VERY HAPPY IT WAS MY 2ND PURCHASE FROM THERE... THE OTHER TWO DEALERSHIP WHICH WAS WEST SIDE AND NORTH SIDE QUOTED $38,688 FOR THEIR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE .... YEA SO SPECIAL HUH? ALSO NOTE STERLING MCCALL LEXUS IS ALSO IN HOUSTON WHICH IS THE SISTER DEALERSHIP WITH CLEAR LAKE OWNED SAME GOOD LUCK BUDDIES!!! :shades:
  • tibbatibba Member Posts: 13
    For the person who purchased from Utah, is your $38,400 out the door price?
    Did you end up paying any dealer processing fees? Is this for the car with the MSRP of $42733?
  • kwardlexcl1kwardlexcl1 Member Posts: 1
    I am a dealer in Houston. It looks like both are good choices. The main reason people lease is to allow options, and save on any possible negative equity they may have if the trade sooner than expected. I have a question as to how you are getting a rate of 2.5 % is Canada that much lower than US?? Also leases are based on Money factors not rates..and also do not require any monies down to "buy down factor". I am very interested in learning more.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    I may be able to help with this one...

"I have a question as to how you are getting a rate of 2.5 % is Canada that much lower than US?? "

Canada has lower interest rates across the board. For example, a commercial mortgage in the US is currently over 7% for a 20 year amortization. In Canada a similar mortgage runs around 5%. It's the same for cars, their interest rates are currently much lower.
  • clutchcityclutchcity Member Posts: 1
    I live in Houston as well, and ended up purchasing the car at Sewell in Dallas. They hooked me up with the Premium Plus package, minus the heated seats, for 36K even. After grudingly playing the "whats your bottom line" game with the Houston and Austin dealerships, Sewell was a real pleasure to work with, and we came to a conclusion after 1 email and 1 phone call.

Their internet manager is great, and will pick you up from the airport if you fly in. Also, I've no problems bringing the car in to WestSide here in Houston for checkups.

Best of luck to you all in the search....The 330 is worth every penny!
  • krl69krl69 Member Posts: 5
    anything over 300-500 over invoice is not a good deal.
    Hi,

Can you tell which dealer you brought your car?

thanks a lot

Charles
  • karenakarena Member Posts: 6
    Was the "36K even" before tax, license, and other fees? What was the total - out the door?
  • borisyanborisyan Member Posts: 6
    you should get a better deal in LA. The price in bay area is higher. I contact mission vejeo, they they give me this price, then I bring this to my local dealer they matched it. it is just mission vejeo's first offer so must be able to get an even better deal.

I got it for 36491 plus tax and fees. the only fee is 45 documentation fee. and they add the gas to full
  • borisyanborisyan Member Posts: 6
    I think what I bought is what the dealer call basic model. the lowest preload model. I've contact many dealers, it is really hard to find a real basic model with nothing add on.

I am in Northern CA, I've contact 4 dealers locally, only one of them have the car I want (the so called standard), so it seems the demand for the car is high but supply is as well.

I also contact several dealer in LA area. so far I think mission vejeo give me the best offer. eventhoug I did not buy from them, I used their quote to bargin with my local dealer.

I don't know about the 2006 model, but I did see a message on this board (may be around the 20th of July ) state that the price will go up and the supply of 2005 will be low because the 2006 will come out soon. that message makes me make the final decision to buy it right now.
  • tibbatibba Member Posts: 13
    Prices in Canada are much higher -- RX 330 fully loaded with DVD/NAV lists around $65K Cdn (~US$53K). Actual OTD price in the US appear to be upto $10K cheaper! Dealers very rarely sell below list price in Canada for the RX330. The 2.5% financing is just promotional rates... Cdn interest rates are not lower! In fact our prime rate is 4.25% currently. For the mortgage comparison (since the rate is not dependent on the amortization, I am assuming you meant 20 year term. While it is not very common to lock into such a long term here in Canada, currently 10 year (close term) is 7.1% and 18 year (open) is 8.25%.
  • lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    Can you tell me when did you buy your lexus? Dealer is claiming it should be long back as they don't have any minus leather heated cars for long time. He is saying $36660+TTL. I am thinking it is just a first mail from him so may be have to go back and forth few more times , but would help me to negotiate if you can give the time when you bought yours. Did it include all other fees or those were extra?

thanks
  • joncamoesasjoncamoesas Member Posts: 3
    First off, I don't mind driving through the state for a good deal!!

Live in Miami FL. Want to know a good no BS dealer and the best price I can expect for an RX 330 Awd w/navigation (I believe it is listed as 45,083 MSRP). If nec, I don't mind info on an Fwd as I live in flat land USA.

Appreciate all info and comments on experience.

Thanks,
    Jon C
    Hi manu,

I am confused a little bit. You said that you got a very good deal, but the rest of your message is the unhappy experinece with a dealer. You are talking about two dealers in NJ.

Would you tell the which dealer your brought your car?

thanks.
  • manumanu Member Posts: 2
    Charles,
    Yes, I'm talking about two different dealers. I eventually bought the car from Lawrence Lexus in Lawrenceville, NJ.
  • rosebowlrosebowl Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my car this past weekend. We ordered the exact car 30 days in advance from Lexus of Glendale. FWD w/ Navigation - Silver exterior and black interior. My wife was very particular about both the interior and exterior so this was huge. We got it for $38,250, which is about $250 over invoice. We're very happy about the price considering that we got the exact specs that we wanted. I'm not sure if things have changed, but we are very happy about the car, the manner in which the transaction was handled and the price.

By the way, if you have good credit they're offering about 4.65% financing over 5 years. I didn't use it b/c I got 4.5% from my credit union.

Some other members had suggested Lexus of Glendale and I will do the same.
    Dealer is claiming he doesn't have any lexus available without heated seat and headlamp washer. It is going to cost $660 extra. is it worth putting $660 for the addition of heated seat and headlamp washer?
  • soccer75soccer75 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking for a FWD w/ Navigation, Premium Pkg, and 18" wheels (black onyx exterior, tan leather interior). My problem is every dealer I've contacted so far claims they only get Premium Plus loaded RX330s. Is this true? The best offer yet in Arizona is $39,858, which is $2,800 over invoice for this set of options (incl Premium Plus). Can somebody offer what they paid for with the particular feature set we want? I believe invoice is $36,399. We are willing to drive to neighboring states if we can save the money.
  • katepkatep Member Posts: 5
    Sorry if this is an easy question :-) We are looking at a 2005 RX 330 at a dealership in Eastern PA. They only offer two packages. The least expensive has tons of options but no navigation system. They don't put the sticker prices in the window but gave us an initial price of $42,000 which of course, we won't pay.

We really like the car and were thinking of offering $37,000 - I have no idea if this is in the ball park of a good price or not.

Help please!
    Thank you,
    Kate
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    katep, could you keep me updated on what your dealer experiences are? I am also in eastern PA and am not sure which dealership I want to go with.

Thx!
    audreym
    Have the same issues like you. E-mail dealers in close by states, including NJ. Most of time they do not give you the price but ask you to talk to them. A few more emails resulted in no response at all.

The best price for me is 38700 w/o navigation (only premium plus) like kapep said. This drives me away from RX330 but looking for MDX, although RX330 look better-interior (but MDX is roomy). The cost for MDX base model, which has the same features as RX330 w/o navigations is: $34232 (invoice) + $570 (destination) - $1500 (marketing support) = $32,300 or so. A $6,500 less than RX330. Besides, most dealers will give you the invoice price minus $1500 on the phone or by e-mail.

Also noticed 2 years ago that the buyers paid MSRP for MDX and even more but only $500 over invoice for RX300. Is it worth the money and also hassle to buy RX330 instead of MDX?

Give me your reason why you want to buy RX330 instead of MDX!!!
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    "Give me your reason why you want to buy RX330 instead of MDX!!! "

Not sure how rhetorical you were being.. but I will put in my .02. Granted I have not made my final decision yet, but there are a few key points that are making me lean toward the RX..

1) Fit & finish. I have had a Subaru RS where the interior was no value for what I paid for the car ($20K). Staples are showing through the vinyl in the interior, there is no trunk light, etc. We also have an '03 Passat GLX. now we are in the $30K range, and there is still something to be desired - trim still comes off the car here and there. Kind of frustrating. From what I hear, this is an area that Lexus does well in.

2) Customer Service and Repairs. I won't go into the laundry list of the things that have gone wrong with our VW, but let's just say it is unacceptable for a car that is less than 3 years old. Long term durability has risen to one of the top factors on my list, and from all of the major reviewers (CR and JDP) Lexus seems to be on top of that one too..

I am starting to think maybe I should just go with my instincts about this car company and stop trying to over think or over complicate. If you are of the "time = $" mindset, the trips for unscheduled repairs and dealing with difficult dealers is just not worth worrying about $1 or 2k on the initial outlay.

Sorry for the rant.. another thing just went wrong w/ the VW that has left me a little hot under the collar. Best wishes for your decision.
    Your comparison is between RX330 and VW but not Acura MDX. The latter has the same quality as RX

My question is why you should buy RX but MDX?? So your argument does not make any sense.

Sorry for the comment.
  • joeyijoeyi Member Posts: 13
    My mom just purchased a 2005 RX 330 - FWD, silver with grey interior, prem plus package, 6 disc cd...I know I am missing a few things (msrp $40,508) for $36700 +ttl. I know people in LA are paying about $200 less for this vehicle, however we live 2 hours north of LA and we figured the drive time and gas would be worth the $200 difference. Any opinions on how we did? Has anyone purchased this vehicle and for what price?
    Thanks!
  • wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    Based on my limited recent experience in the Florida area I would conclude:

joeyi - I think the price of $36,700 for your mom was a good price.

katep - If you can get it for $37,000 you are very good.
  • wrahnwrahn Member Posts: 45
    Jon C

Go on the Lexus web site and you can build your own RX330 with what you want and send for price quotes to the listed dealers in Florida and they will answer you by e-mail with their price and provide you with a contact person.
    I live in Los Angeles; have been told that Premium Pkgs are no longer available and that the lowest is Premium Plus. Though I am not looking for an RX330 with navigation, I seem to have been quoted much lower prices in Glendale, CA - about $500 over invoice.
  • soccer75soccer75 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I wasn't sure whether to believe the dealers on the Premium Plus information. Did you end up purchasing from the Glendale, CA dealership? $500 over invoice is a lot better than the AZ offers I have received so far. Appreciate your help.
  • nmb333nmb333 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased my RX 300 this weekend. We wanted a little different vehicle. We got the AWD with NAV + DVD + Levinson Audio with Premium Plus. MSRP is $47903. Our price was $42000 + Tax + License + Documentation. OTD the cost was $45589.
    We dealt with every Internet/Fleet Manager in Southern California. Lexus of Beverly Hills offered $42099 for the car. Lexus of Valencia offered $43300 for the car. I got a call from Lexus of Valencia and told them that I would go the Beverly Hills. They matched the price and beat it by $100. I was still going to buy it from Beverly Hills but they didn't have the color combo I wanted. So we picked up the car on Monday from Valencia.
  • kingciekingcie Member Posts: 8
    I'm just starting to look around for a 2004 RX330 AWD and wanted to see what type of prices people are finding. I live in RI and the only dealer here is Inskip. There are many more in Mass and CT, and I would go further if necessary. In looking at the various dealer internet sites, most of them have simlar colors/features with listed prices around $36900 or so. I searched other places as well and found that Pembroke Pines, FL has prices on their website around $32900 for same with low miles. Is it just me or does it seem odd that the advertised/list price is 4k less? I'm figuring something at around $30-31k since the 2006's are coming out, but obviously want to be realistic as well. I have not visited any dealerships yet, but plan to soon. Any info is appreciated on what a 2004 with about 10-17k miles should go for. I don't really care about navigation or dvd... Thanks.
  • crkfcrkf Member Posts: 1
    It's nice to read that people are negotiating good prices. Has anyone investigated lease rates (3 yrs/12k per) for a FWD including a package with leather/navigation? Thanks!
    I just purchased my RX330 today. However, I didn't end up going with Lexus of Glendale (CA); I felt that they weren't being honest with the prices of their extended warranties - which really irked me. While Glendale was willing to match Valencia's orginal offer of $185 over invoice (this was the "dealer prep" cost), they charged more for the warranty and wouldn't give as much for my trade-in. The fleet dealers at Lexus of Valencia (CA) seemed much nicer and more straight-forward (best initial internet offer) and honest. I ended up buying from Valencia as they were willing to drop the dealer prep cost. I got a Premium Plus Package RX330 (no navigation) for invoice ($15,991) + tax, lic, and fees. Hope that's helpful! Please let me know what you end up with!
    Oops - typo; I meant to say that invoice was $35,991.
    Hi when you "I got a Premium Plus Package RX330 (no navigation) for invoice ($15,991) + tax, lic, and fees. " what is the fees :sick: you are talking about? and how much is it?

Thanks
    Hello, costs were as follows:
    invoice: 35, 991
    documentation fee: 45
    tax: 2,972.97
    lic: 286
    county: 23
    tire fee: 8.75
    --------------------------------------------
    Out-the-door: $39, 326.72

Hope that's helpful; please keep in touch on what you end up getting it for!
  • houstoncpahoustoncpa Member Posts: 6
    I bought my RX330 Premium Plus w/ heated seat and headlamp washer for $36,300 from Sterling McCall in Houston at the end of June. All it took was one phone call. The sales manager was very pleasant to work with. I don't think you'll need the heated seat, living in Houston you'll probably use it about twice a year. I wouldn't pay $660 for this extra feature.
  • mikenjmikenj Member Posts: 25
    How much over the invoice would be a good deal for Prem Plus 4WD with Nav?
  • idmidm Member Posts: 7
    I went to a Lexus dealership on eastern Long Island yesterday and we were offered an AWD with premium package (NOT premium plus) for the "discounted" price of over $41,000. That is without DVD or NAV. With DVD, it would be roughly $43,0000.

Look like I have some homework to do, based on the prices other people are getting on this board.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    I went to Lexus of Rockville Centre today for 2005 RX330 AWD/Prem Plus with NAV....... after negotiation came to $40,500, BUT the price for my MINT trade-in was ridiculous............... need to keep shopping elsewhere.

$43,000 for the NAV is way to high, keep shopping........ was the price from Smithtown?
  • idmidm Member Posts: 7
    Actually, the price of $43,000 did not include NAV, but included post-factory DVD installation.
  • dallasbuyerdallasbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Did you move forward with the purchase and what was the best deal you received? We have been talking to Sewell and Park Place and they seem pretty proud of their car and the limited 2005 inventory. My thoughts are, if I have to pay significantly more than invoice it might be worth waiting for 2006 and paying invoice + for the new model year.
    Just spoke to sterling mccall saleslady. I wanted her to match price what you got and she requires some information about you so that she can pull up the records. Will you be able to fax me the purchase agreement or your first name and last name or phone number or any information by which she can pull up the record.
    I may be asking too much and it is ok if you don't want to share that information but i thought i will ask anyway.

Thanks
    Well, I visted Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove yesterday and what an experience.

First, the premises are amazing, showroom outstanding!
    For my trade in they offered $4,500 more than Rockville Centre Lexus. They really looked over my SUV and appreciated the condition (MINT), as for Rockville Centre, just looked at the mileage. The cost of the 2005 RX330 was a bit higher ($1,500) but the net difference (new car - trade-in) was right were I wanted to be, $3,000 cheaper than Rockville Centre.

A very good experience with very nice people.............. highly recommended.
  • mikenjmikenj Member Posts: 25
    Did anyone purchase RX330 from Ray Catena in NJ or NY? If so what were the prices? I'm looking for a AWD Prem Plus Heat Seat/RSW and Nav. Thanks
  • jwdfwjwdfw Member Posts: 7
    I have been negotiating with an internet manager locally and she send me the price broken down for the options I want, all the options pricing were correct but the base price, She has as 32,331 for the base pricing and I have the base price of 31,881 (from KBB and Edmunds). Which one is correct? How can it be such a discrepancy?
    Thanks.
    If you really want that car go to the dealership and discuss the discrepancy IN PERSON, that shows your serious. This negotiating via email is wasting time, because 2005's are running low and your color choice may be limited.
    :):):)
This discussion has been closed.