Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jwdfwjwdfw Member Posts: 7
    I disagree, based on what I've seen on this forum. A waste of time would be to go to the dealership to negociate price, when it can be done over the phone and via emails. I'd rather go there just to sign the papers and pick up the car. :) Now she tells me that the discrepancy is the advertising fee. $450. This was not disclosed at first, just after many emails about the difference... Anybody paying base price + advertising fee + dealership profit ($$$ over invoice)? Or is this just a gimmick to increase the dealership profit?
    Thanks!
  • jgghjggh Member Posts: 9
    What is the lowest price you have got so far? I am looking for the RX330 in Houston area too.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    There is no better way to negotiate than in person, emails are fine for the initial, but to negociate back and forth over email........... why would a salsperson give there best price to a unknown person in an email?

The question is how serious you are about the car? Just think about it!
    Being an application developer, technology is my life, so I'm all for email, BUT email is a communication tool, not a negociation tool!

:):):)
    Invoice + 450 (advertising fee) + $500 over invoice. In another words, invoice + $950. Not good enough. Might just wait for the 2006...
    So what is holding you back $450?

I just purchased a 2005 RX330 and was not charged an advertising fee. Visit the dealership and you will probably get the numbers you want.

Also, waiting for a 2006, you wont get the deep discounts you are getting now until maybe after the Christmas holidays, when car sales really are low, since people have no money after the holidays.
  • idmidm Member Posts: 7
    How does this sound? Premium Plus, Preferred performance, heated seats and rain-sensing wipers, NAV and DVD entertainment system for $41,800? I'm thinking of buying.
    There is nothing to think about if that is an AWD vechicle........... what is the MSRP on this car?
  • mikenjmikenj Member Posts: 25
    What is GOlden Opportunity Event? Is there a special APR offered? IF there is can someone let me know what it is and what is the APR people are getting these days on RX330 with goor credit rating?
    May I have the detail of your car and the price you paid?
    Thanks.
    Yes, it's an AWD. When I go to the Lexus website and build the car, the MSRP is without DVD entertainment system is $45,225 and I will be getting it with the rear seat DVD.
    Oops, I made a mistake. I posted that the car has a "preferred performance package" and it does not. It has a "preferred accesory package." Big difference. I need to read things more closely.

So I am looking at AWD, Premium Plus, NAV & DVD for $41,800.
    Re: the "golden opportunity event"

When I went to a local Lexus dealership I asked about that. "Is there some kind of special promotion? I see the banner outside says Golden Opportunity" and the salesman said "Nah. There's nothing. Just a way to get people into the showroom."
  • karenakarena Member Posts: 6
    haha... I figured as much.
  • lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    The best price i got so far is $36600 for premium plus with heated seat and headlight wiprers, i am stuck not buying because dealer don't have any color available except black , they say more colors arriving soon don' know when? HOUSTONCPA got good price for the same package. He paid 36300 but strling mccall wants his details :cry: to confirm that sell transaction and match that price to me.

I hope this helps for people looking car in texas.
    That really help. Thanks. Which dealer offered $36,600 to you?
    Just signed the deal for 2005 AWD Thundercloud with Nav. Has Prem Plus, CD changer, Heated Seats w/RS, accessory package, Towing pkg, incl destination

$40,200 plus tax and fees

What do you think?
    That's excellent, $300 below invoice ($40,509). Would you tell us where you got this deal?
    Mike,

Excellent news and great price............. must be a dealer from the tristate area because there are great prices out there if you negociate well.
  • krtskrts Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to get new Lexus RX300. Since I park on the streen I'm consurned abot the lights theft. Does RX300 comes with regular lights instead of HID?
  • krtskrts Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to get new Lexus RX330 AWD, since i park on the street i'm worrying about lights theft. Does RX330 comes with the regular lights instead of HID?
  • rebeccatangrebeccatang Member Posts: 2
    We paid $37950 for 05 RX 330 FWD with Premium Plus Package with Additional Options. it has:

Premium Plus Package with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Roof rails/roof rack. Also includes: Leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory, Illuminated entry system and Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade.
    Additional Options:
    - Thundercloud Edition Package includes exclusive new five-spoke alloy wheels with contrasting ring, new horizontal front-grille design and exclusive Thundercloud Edition badging on front doors and floor mats.
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - Six-disc CD changer
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - Wheel locks
    - Cargo mat

I am new to this forum. Am I paying too much for this car?
    What do you mean by FWD? Thundercloud only comes in AWD
    You are absolutely right, Ray Catena in Oakhurst, no hassle, just know your price, everything done over the phone and the net. 4.1 APR. I love this car.
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    I am back ! long time no see ! :)

Everybody talk about the price but no one put the standard.
    That will confuse the people. :confuse:
    As my experience in So California. The following is my opinion.

There is a factory invoice price which u can search in Edmunds, Yahoo, MSN auto etc.....

The other is the dealer invoice price that is above factory price add 4-5 hundred dollar for local ad expense, dealer holderback etc...... normally the dealer sales will give the customer this price ! :P

The report card: (Dealer Invoice Price =DIP)

C deal : above DIP + $500.
    B deal : between DIP to DIP+$500
    A deal : at DIP
    A+ deal : DIP to DIP minus $500
    Super deal : below DIP minus $500

That is my feed back. because before I bought my car. I get a lot information from The Edmunds Lexus board.

As my car has 1200 miles on the meter now . I will talk about the noise & hesitate problem in Lexus RX 330 Board.
  • maggiesmmaggiesm Member Posts: 5
    I just finished negotiating a price of 38,600 for an 05 AWD with the Premium Plus Pkg ( So it has the heated seats RS wipers etc...) - I nixed the NAV and the DVD - not necessary for me.

I can't really tell if this is a good price for the Tri-State area in NY.

Any input, or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • shorty68shorty68 Member Posts: 4
    I was asking a local dealer about the discount associated with my company. The sales person said that the deal is 3% over dealer invoice.

Is it correct that this is not a good deal? Thanks.
    See Post 2251, 2258
  • katepkatep Member Posts: 5
    We just negotiated $38,500 in PA for the same car but they can't find the color I want so we are stuck waiting - possibly until Sept. Oh well - I think the price is OK - probably not the best but OK.

Kate
    What's the cost to swap out the 18 inch wheels to the 18 inch graphite wheels, without purchasing the performance package?
    Yep, - that's about what I thought "not great - not bad" - I am getting color and interior I want.

BTW - When I asked best price if I upgraded to NAV I was quoted $40,500 -- and that seems to be invoice. I guess I'm just trying gauge the discount range in this area. My deal was hatched in Conn.

Thanks!
    Maggie
  • hermbohermbo Member Posts: 7
    I have seen as low as 36,600 on this board for that car. Coming, I think, from NJ.
    Thanks for input - that price was in Houston (I believe) I haven't seen anything like those numbers in the NE -- except for maybe the $40,200 Thundercloud - (but I really don't need or want the NAV).
  • hermbohermbo Member Posts: 7
    I'm sorry, you're right, I was confusing it with that NAVI deal.
  • skymanskyman Member Posts: 3
    What dealer did you get a price of $38,500 for and 05 RX330?
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Not positive if I was getting a straight story, but a dealer in Doylestown, PA told me that the FWD is not available in the northeastern states since we get snow. If that is true, then the $36K quote would make more sense in Houston as I would think an AWD would be more expensive than that.
    I scanned back earlier and it was a Houston deal - and I THINK (not a 100% sure) that price might have even excluded the Heated Seats option.
    Sooo, I'm curious to see if anyone can do substantially better than $38,500 at this point in time,
  • houstoncpahoustoncpa Member Posts: 6
    Lexyfan,

How do I send you this information? Do you have an e-mail to which I can give you this info? My car is a Premium Plus w/ heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, etc. with MSRP of $40,518. As I mentioned earlier, Sterling Mac sold it to me for $36,300, but Clear Lake Lexus had offered $36,500. Also, Lexus of Austin had offered $36,400 but I wasn't willing to make the drive from Houston.
  • skymanskyman Member Posts: 3
    I want to make sure I am not comparing apples and oranges. Are you talking about a FWD or AWD model at at that price?
    I am getting mine from Lexus of the Lehigh Valley. (Allentown area) They called last night to say it will be here Thurs or Friday. Yippee!!

Kate
    They told me the same thing. AWD is the only kind available in the north.

Kate
    This is definitely is an "apples to apples" comp.
    The car is an AWD vehicle w/Prem Plus Pkg -- AND it SEEMS that the light grey/walnut interior is not as abundant as the ivory combo (so I'm pleased that I was able to get mine) -- plus I was told that there are no black leather combos avail in the NE --soo I dunn' no?
    katep, may I ask what kind of deal you got? we are not too far from that area. thanks!!!
  • bnh7543bnh7543 Member Posts: 10
    Naples Florida
    '05 RX 330 premium package, etc MSRP $39978, got if for $35967 +tax, tag and $499 dealer fee with lifetime synthetic oil changes..
  • hagguhaggu Member Posts: 1
    Am looking for a '05 RX330 AWD with premium package. The best price I have received is $38,200. Is there a better price in this part of the country?
  • lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    Thanks HoustonCPA

I made my email as public so if you clcik on my name you should be able to see my email address and send me the information. If Lexus Of Austin is givng the same price i will be more than happy to avoid the trip to Houston. Did you deal with internet manager in austin or with a sales person directly.

Thanks
    Hi Audrey,
    We got AWD - Premium plus package on 2005 for $38500 (no Nav.). I saw above that someone got it for $38,200. I feel like the price we paid was OK. I am getting rid of my 11 year old Honda Civic so I am pretty excited (and a little nervous) about getting a new, MUCH BIGGER car.

I went to the Lexus website and put my request out to a bunch of PA and NJ dealers to see the best bid I could get from them. Then asked Lehigh Valley to match it. That really didn't take too long. My husband did the negotiations though - I don't have a very good poker face :-)

Good luck,
    Kate
    Thanks katep! They are building a new dealer in Chester Springs, near Exton PA. I think I am going to hold out for 06 or early 07 and see what changes they make -- so I am hoping this new dealer will be easy to deal with since they will be the closest to us -- but I will keep the one in Allentown in mind also.

Congradulations! Hope you like your new Lex!!
    Hello:

I don't know what price is your "DIP". :confuse:
    But my price & condition is at S. California.

I am not that kind of people go for dealer service.(every cent count) :)
    (some time I do by myself, my old Infinite car, air filter, coolant, spar plug etc. DIY section in the owner manual)

My regular oil change at local repair shop only $25, (so I change more frequently 3500-4000 miles), they only do Toyota & Infinite car & use original factory parts)
    For synthetic oil, only pay the different for oil, may be total $40-$45

(The dealer's waiting room is more clean & comfort & loan car too) :)

$499 for lifetime synthetic oil change paid in front.
    U need at least keep your car for 75,000 miles.
    Because first service 5000 miles is free for all Lexus cars sold in USA.

If dealer schedule is 7500 miles u need change for 10 times.
    If dealer schedule is 5000 miles u need keep your car for 55,000miles.

U will not only go to dealer just for oil change, The dealer will ask u to o the major service & repair. That is the catch.

Like the RX330 Interior A/C Air filter. my local dealer charge for $44 plus tax. I bought troughs internet out of state dealer only for $24 plus shipping, the shipping charge cover the local sales tax is even. I bought more in one shipping so can change more to get clean air. ( good for my kid's allergy)

Thanks for Edmunds forums because I get the web address in someone's post in RX330 Forums for cheap parts.
  • saritaseshsaritasesh Member Posts: 5
    I live in Texas and I got this quote from a local Lexus Dealer for RX 330.

I have been offered a price of $36690+TTL for the premium plus package with navigation. IS this a good deal to consider???

Please respond...
This discussion has been closed.