Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saritaseshsaritasesh Member Posts: 5
    I live in Texas and I got this quote from a local Lexus Dealer for 2005 RX 330.

I have been offered a price of $36690+TTL for the premium plus package with navigation. IS this a good deal to consider???

Please respond...
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    This has to be FWD, not AWD......... please advise?
  • deedee5deedee5 Member Posts: 2
    You say you live in Texas and you got a quote of $36690 with navigation.

I live in Texas and I got a quote of $36674 + TTL FWD no Navigation system on the Premium package so either I'm getting ripped off or your getting an excellent deal.

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to pick it up so any advice you could give on how you got this price would be appreciated
  • deedee5deedee5 Member Posts: 2
    When you say "THEY" are you referring to the dealership?
  • jgghjggh Member Posts: 9
    Yes. The online sales persons.
  • shorty68shorty68 Member Posts: 4
    It seems that the prices I am seeing in the Chicago area are about 3% over invoice for the package you are talking about.
  • qdotblueqdotblue Member Posts: 2
    What dealer was it?
    $38971 was the lowest quote I got today from the CA dealers. (FWD, not AWD)
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    I think this is DIP + $300.
  • aaatttaaattt Member Posts: 22
    It's below DIP about $1800.
    If u buy this price . Please let me know the dealer.I will buy one more for my wife.
    Condition: Brand New. never been drive by other, below 15 miles in odo. not display car.
  • mamabirdmamabird Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone:

We are ready to pick up a Lexus RX 300 (with Nav) this weekend. Could anyone recommend a dealer with good pricing here in So Ca? Seems like Texas is giving good prices there.

Thanks.
  • mamabirdmamabird Member Posts: 2
    Hi saritasesh:

Would you please let me know which dealer quote you $38971 in Ca, and where is it? Does it have navigation?
  • qdotblueqdotblue Member Posts: 2
    2wd with navigation at Mission Viejo or B. Hills. oxnard and putnam offer similar prices. can't recall exactly.
  • austincpaaustincpa Member Posts: 1
    Hi -
    I am ready to buy an RX330 with Premium Plus - MSRP 40,518. Please provide info on Houston dealer at 36,300 - was this special color, leftover, demo, what?. Thank you.
  • bnh7543bnh7543 Member Posts: 10
    I hear you and I agree. I didn't ask for the free oil changes, they come with all purchases at this dealership. I know the catch where they get you in and try to sell you other services. :( Heck, I'm still changing my own oil! BTW do you know where I can get the adapter necessary to hook up my trailer lights to the RX 330? I hear the dealer charges about $50 for the module. Also, what trailer hitch looks best on the RX 330? thanks
  • suvpnwsuvpnw Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for this forum, I was able to purchase a Silver (Black interior) 2005 RX330 AWD with Premium Plus Package with additional options (no Nav.) for $38,360 (CR/NADA invoice: $37,440; MSRP: $42,733) at Lexus of Portland, OR last weekend. Basically, it is about 2.5% over invoice.

I think the price others paid for this AWD without Nav. around Pacific Northwest is between $38k and $38.5k (Jan-Aug ‘05) if doing the homework. It still seems harder to deal with the dealers since the 05’s without Nav. are low in stock and Toyota/Lexus is raising price for all 06 models, so the price has trickled back up in Seattle-Portland area (even with recorded gas price and rebates for MDX and Highlander).

I negotiated with sales consultant of Portland via emails and phones since he responded my requested asking for a quote via CarsDirect/Autoweb.com. Their first "Golden Opportunity" price quote was $41,310. LOL. Lexus of Seattle did not want to match the last offer from Portland and they don’t have the color combo I want.

BTW, I live in Seattle area so I had to pay additional of 9.1% tax. I also paid $75 for title and $50 for doc. fee.
  • huydttranhuydttran Member Posts: 4
    I am in Southern California. What do you think of this offer:

330 FWD without NAV
    White + Tan Interior
    Premium Plus
    6-disc CD changer

$36,491 is the best quote that i've gotten so far. Should I pull the trigger? It seems supply are quite limited...at least according to the salesfolks : ). We want to make a decision within the next day or two, so would really appreciate your input/advise.

thanks!
  • modfathermodfather Member Posts: 6
    I pretty much got the exact same car as mssg # 2302 except mine is breakwater blue. Got it for 38,200 plus 100 processing plus tax (5%) and tags. Purchased it from Rockville after looking around DC area. my shopping (first time) experience wasn't too bad but it did take some calling back/forth to get to the price.

I ditto the thanks to this forum. It helped me learn more about the RX and what price I should pay.

To question in mssg # 2303 -- sounds like a good deal. compared to my deal, you are basically saving $ 2k for not getting the awd. you prob don't need awd in so cal anyway, right?

peace out.
  • bnh7543bnh7543 Member Posts: 10
    Supply is limited so if you found a vehicle you like, go for it. There are many with extras you probably don't want nor do you want to pay for. I got mine, same as yours but different color for 35,900. I bought a GS from the same dealer last month so they cut me a deal close to cost. :D
  • lup11lup11 Member Posts: 9
    I have been offered invoice + 110 on any rx330 with the exception of the navigation which they want 1500 over. Is it worth the extra 4K for nav.?
    $4,000 no $1,500 yes if you really want it.

Where does the 4K come from you stated $1,500
  • lup11lup11 Member Posts: 9
    Meaning the nav. is a 2.5K option plus they want another 1,500 over invoice.
    $500 over invoice with NAV is a great price, $1,500 to much.
  • huydttranhuydttran Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the input, guys!

Here are the numbers. Feel free to ask questions/make comments:

2005 RX330 FWD
    White/Tan Interior
    No NAV
    Premium Plus Pkg
    6-Disc CD
    18" Alloy Wheels
    Preferred Accessory Pkg

$ 36,491.00
    + 2,831.54 (tax)
    395.75 (License/Fees)

Hope this helps some of you in your dealings with the dealers. It was difficult to find the white/tan combo in southern Calif.
  • 69shelby169shelby1 Member Posts: 2
    First new car purchase,did I do OK?
    2005 RX330 AWD which includes the following
    Performance package
    Heated front seats w/rain-sensing wipers
    6 disc cd
    18 inch wheels
    High intensity lamps
    Color is flint mica
    The dealer was in Golden,Co. and the price I paid was 38,800 which does not include tax.
    Thanks for the input guys/gals as I feel I may have paid too much.
    What was the MSRP on this vechicle?
  • 69shelby169shelby1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 42,733.00
    Thanks your your reply
  • holhol Member Posts: 1
    I live in West Texas and going to look tomorrow. Do not have a local dealer, Did you get this in Houston? Does anyone know what you do about repairs if no local Lexus dealer in town. Thanks
  • kuaffakuaffa Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy (order) a 2006 RX330 with premium package and navigation. What would be a good deal? Is $1k over invoice too optimistic?

Thanks!
  • gooddeal4gooddeal4 Member Posts: 1
    Texas

Having 2005 RX330 delivered next week.

White/Ivory
    Premium + Pkg
    Tinted windows
    Extra all-weather floor mats

35,900 out the door!!! Had this offer from 2 dealers
  • tom67tom67 Member Posts: 1
    HI All,

I am looking for a RX330 with heated seats and premium package and 18" wheels. could some one tell me the best dealer to buy and the price is should pay for this?
    regards
    -tom
  • tiger93tiger93 Member Posts: 57
    I don't think anyone has reported prices paid on the 2006 model yet and I don't think they have hit dealer's lots yet either. However, I received a quote this week (for an ordered car) on a 2006 RX330 AWD with Premium Plus, Preferred Accessory pkg, and Nav for $43,000. MSRP on this is $45,708 and invoice is $40,200. This was the dealer's 1st offer so I can probably do a little better. However, I will be leasing this car and there currently is no lease support from Lexus, so I've chosen to wait and keep my eye on lease rates. Being that the 06's are so fresh, it will likely be difficult to get $1,000 over invoice right now. I think that your best chance for doing so will be wait until they arrive on the lot and email several dealers at month end with your offer of $1k over invoice.
  • newmanbanewmanba Member Posts: 7
    FYI - I was able to get a price of $500 over invoice on the exact 2006 you listed above. However, this resulted from first negotiating a deal on a 2005 and then the dealer was unable to locate the color combination that I wanted.
    Nice move newmanba! I now remember reading a couple of your posts in the Lease Questions board but didn't pick up on the fact that you had moved from the '05 to the '06. What city are you in and did you originally negotiate with multiple dealers on the '05?
  • newmanbanewmanba Member Posts: 7
    I'm in NY but buying from a CT dealer. I negotiated with multiple dealers on the '05 and the prices all ended up within a few hundred of each other. Only downside on the 2006 is that the lease offers do not appear to be as attractive. Hahn Financial was offering a 65% residual on the 2005 models but so far the 2006 numbers are less aggressive. Have you seen anything on that front?
    Yes, I've seen the same thing concerning the '06 leases. Car man provided me the following info on a 2006 RX330 AWD lease for 3yr/15k miles (these numbers are reportedly from Lexus Financial):
    MF = .00245
    Res = 57%

The dealer I received a quote from this week gave the following for the same car:
    MF = .00275
    Res = 55%

Also, I got the following quote on the internet:
    MF = .00215
    Res = 57%

I've decided that I'm not getting one until some better looking lease terms appear. The one above at .00215 is getting in the right ball park for me though ;)
  • unouno Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I was planning for a 05 or 06 RX330.
    Right now I took off from edmunds.com new car pricing.
    Here is the price for my configuration. Please could you tell me
    what my target price should be? Appreciate it.

PM Premium Package
    HS Two-Level Heated Front Seats
    Total w/ Options: MSRP: $40,110 INVOICE: $35,268 (w/o Destination Charge)

Thanks for help.

-IMSG
  • looking4tclooking4tc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for one, and would like to know going prices for 2005 RX 330 ThunderClound (with NAV) in TX. Thanks in advance.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Just out of curiosity, when did they tell you to expect delivery of the 06 model?
  • chiprr1chiprr1 Member Posts: 1
    Since the 2006's are arriving soon, I would like to know what kind of price I can expect to negotiate on a 2005. Specifically, I want 2005 RX330 AWD, premium plus package, 18" alloy wheels, 6 disk CD changer, rain sensing wipers, roof rack with rails, mats, silver or black forest. The MSRP is $42,700, and dealer's first offer is $39,000. What is final price I should expect?

Associated question: are 18" alloy wheels really needed, or can I ask dealer to downgrade them?

Thanks
  • edfosteredfoster Member Posts: 3
    Anyone has experience of buying a new car online and have it to ship to you? I am a first time buyer. Any advice? :confuse:

Ed
  • encinoadamencinoadam Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up a Flint Mica RX330 in Los Angeles.

I've got:

Navigation
    Premium Plus Package
    6 disc CD
    really awesome shiny 18" wheels
    cargo mat and wheel locks

MSRP: $45k
    I paid: $40k (plus tax & license)

I feel I did pretty well. I'd have bought the 400h if they were about $5,000 less or if they got much better gas mileage. I've found it a little too easy to get pretty bad gas mileage in the city in my 330... (around 17-18 mpg) if I am not really careful how I drive. In the other hand, long trips on the freeway result in 26-27 mph... so that is cool. I don't understand how ANYONE buys this car without Nav. This is the coolest car I have ever owned.

-Adam
  • edfosteredfoster Member Posts: 3
    Adam,

What dealer did you buy from? Can you send me the contact by email?

-Ed
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Information about the dealer can be posted here... Just no salesperson contact names or phone numbers please...

The permitted and prohibited information is described below "Post a Message"

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• selinaselina Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations! Is this a 2005 or 2006 that you got. Also what is the name and City of the dealer. What is your tax down there?
  • nvr13nvr13 Member Posts: 1
    I live in a suburb of Chicago. Is there a big difference between the 2005 and 2006 Lexus RX 330 models? The options that I am interested in are the navigation system with Mark Levinson audio package, the premium plus package, and the heated front seats and rain wipers. Any thoughts on these options? Where can I get the best deal? Please help!!
  • jsandberg77jsandberg77 Member Posts: 7
    My girlfriend recently purchased a CPO '04 RX 330 with premium package and 45,000 miles. I came along with her to help negotiate a deal... I feel like we got a good deal, but I'm unsure. I live in the Chicago area, and competition seems to keep prices of these vehicles down in comparison to other placed in the country. The list price on this vehicle was around $36k. When told of this, we both kind of scoffed. Later, he came back with an offer of $32,700. We were both taken aback at this because that's the price we were expecting to pay - seemed too easy. He also said that that was the best he could do. I wanted to try to get him to drop it a bit more, or have him throw in an extra or two, but my girlfriend didn't have a good poker face. Does this sound like a good deal, or could've we done better?
  • ht17799ht17799 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was offered a 2005 RX330 brand new, 2WD, premium plus, with a 6 disk CD changer for $36,750 plus tax and license fee. Is this a good price?

Also, is it worthed to buy extra warranty?

Thanks.
    T
  • ht17799ht17799 Member Posts: 2
    It is worthed to buy additional warranty to 7yrs, 100K miles? The dealer is offering me a big discount, $1600 for 7yrs, 100K (List price is $2880). The car is brand new 2005 RX330 2WD, premium plus, no navigation.

I'm planning to drive the car for at least 3-5 years, if not 10 years in good weather condition (CA). If I do resell it in 5 years, would I be able to capture the additional warranty investment? I'm having it paintguard and fiberguard with PermaPlate for an additional $600 investment already.

I have to decide in a few days so thanks for your help in advance.
  • saw22saw22 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2006 RX 330 FWD with the premium plus package and the navigation system. I am in North Carolina and would like to have your thoughts on how much I should pay. Thanks in advance for any advise.
  • swee7bebeswee7bebe Member Posts: 3
    Just got a silver 2006 RX330 AWD...

premium plus package
    navigation system
    heated seats w/ rain sensing wipers
    6 cd changer
    18" alloy wheels

...for $41990...does this sound like an ok deal?
This discussion has been closed.