Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    I am looking into purchasing/leasing a 2006 FWD RX330 w/Premium Package. I was offered $36,881 and told that this is the absolute best price they can do for me. They showed me something that appear to be their invoice price. According to the paper, they were making "only" $500 profit on it. Consumer Reports priced the car for $34,230.00.
    Can anyone tell me if this is indeed a fair price? Did anyone purchase this particular model and want to share her/his experience?
    Thank you.
  • hobbes4444hobbes4444 Member Posts: 4
    So the delivery date of our 2006 RX330 keeps getting pushed back. When we signed the contract on 10/30 we were assured that the dealer (Lexus of Norwood) had the car but not on the lot. It would be on the lot in 2-3 days. Wednesday came and went, nothing; not even a follow-up call from the salesman. We call Thursday and the reply is, well we show it being here tomorrow. Friday comes, we call again. This time it's, well we thought the car was coming here to the dealership, but we have to go pick it up ????? We'll have it ready by Tuesday. Today's story, oh someone dropped the ball. We're so sorry. We'll have the car here by Friday, and oh for your inconvenience we'll give you the first service free.

Well, now I'm p**sed. WE've had to constantly call the dealer about the status, we don't get updates. We keep getting a different story. We paid cash for 3/4 of the f'in car up front, and they are not delivering as promised.

So, I'm not real excited about the prospect of having another story on Thursday about the car still being somewhere other than my driveway. Any thoughts about what I can do at this point? We passed on an offer from another local dealer (the first we visited) for the same car for about $1000 less than what we paid since we already commited to this dealer. And we have a rental car since our other car is in the shop. Frankly, the first service free is like a slap in the face after all this crap. But maybe I'm just being too demanding expecting that a car dealer would actually deliver as promised. . .

Thanks,
    Dave
    :mad:
  • newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    My contracts (I signed two) say they have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to deliver or else you get a full refund. I would walk into the dealership and play hardball. First tell them you want your money back. Point out that you needed a car by 11/4, that you have been renting this whole time, and that is why you came to them and they have been lieing to you all along, that you have to be the one calling in to check the status, and that you are getting poor attention. They will probably refund your money, but to avoid that, I am sure they will try to bend over backwards. Then maybe knock money off your price if you want to, or take your dough and go to that shady dealer. And mention you appreciate it, but who cares about a first free service, that is not solving the problem.
  • hobbes4444hobbes4444 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, that's what i was thinking re playing hardball. I thought ultimately I'd give them one more shot and commit to a drop dead delivery date (Friday or Sat). If they cannot deliver by then, I want a full refund and I will take my biz elsewhere. If they were to guarantee that then I'd be looking for other incentives to make up for the irritation, i.e. wheel locks, all weather mats, HID security, etc. Not really sure what to look for given that the car is pretty loaded to begin with!

Thanks . . .
    yeah, sounds like the car is already loaded, but i guess they can always knock off money or give you X amount of scheduled maintenance or something.

i would act sooner than later tho since they already have been pulling wool over for a week now. i think it will get into the right manager's hands if you voice your displeasure now. no Lexus dealer wants bad impressions, they have a mint there and would not want to upset that.
  • yyyyyy Member Posts: 22
    We got to a "delayed" situation last May when shopping for RX. We decided to buy from other dealership when we found out that the 1st dealer is playing the delaying game. We finally got the fully loaded 4WD $500 less then the invoice as the 1st dealer quote. The car is made by Toyota, so I really don't think there is a need to buy from a certain dealership. We got the refund back from the 1st dealer without any issue. I suspect the reason for the delaying by the 1st dealership is due to the car is being sold as quickly as it arrives, and hence the dealership has no incentive to sell the RX at that price. When I asked for a refund, the dealer did it right away. I can tell that he is quite happy for not having to get my call again. Good luck,
    This weekend, I will be picking up my new 2006 RX330 AWD with Navigation. MSRP $45,708, sale price of $41,000 plus fees ($167) and tax. I can't wait! :)
  • seabushseabush Member Posts: 68
    What's the MSRP?
    The MSRP is $40,300.So far I got a selling price of $36,101. Still working on the residual and money factor.
    Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
    I think $35,800 is fair. The invoice on this car is $35,477. If you subtract holdback and addback 3% dealer profit, then you get an offer price of $35,800.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/lease2.htm?x=0tekxgl_eoyyqkz_ttky3&y=Wed Nov 09 23:24:2- 5%202005
  • mutt32mutt32 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Folks,
    I am interested in a 2006 premium plus with nav. MSRP 45,708. I am planning a 39 month lease, with 12k miles/yr.

Please give me an opinion of the following parameters:
    1) Sale price $41,800
    2) Money factor 0.0026
    3) Residual = 57%
    4) Acquisition Fee = $650
    5) Security Deposit = $0 - assumes excellent credit
    This gives me a monthly payment of $598.53

Another questions; Maryland has a 5% sales tax. Should I pay this amount $2090(5% of sale price and acq. fee) up front at signing or can I pay this with the monthly payment.

Thanks,
    Michael from MD
    Thank you. I could not get that price $35.8. I think I will settle for $36,101. It's only $300 more.
    Do you believe that 56% residual and money factor of 0.00235 is good? They claim that there is a $600 acquisition fee from LFS. Is that true?
    Thanx in advance.
    36,101 is a very good price. The difference isn't worth arguing with the dealer over. What's the lease term?

Example

$40,300 x .56 = 22568 (Residual value)

36,101 (net capitalized cost)- $22,568 (residual value) = 13,533(depreciation)/36 months =$375.92 (monthly depreciation payment)

($36,101 + 22,568) x 0.00235 (approx 5.64% interest rate)= $137.87 (money factor payment portion)

Total payment = $375.92 + $137.87 = $513.79 (excludes $600 acquisition fee and sales tax). Note: When I add sales tax and the acquistion to the total cost, my payment for this car would be $558.46 per month (total payments of $19,147.16 for three years/12,000 miles per year.)

I noticed that some companies are leasing for 1.9% to 2.9%.

I would try to halve money factor to .001175 (2.82% or half of 5.64%). That will bring your payment to $485.34. (MD resident with no money down). I've never leased a car. I can't imagine paying an acquisition fee. I understand money factor rates are lower in December. You might want to wait until then.

Also, I highly recommend using the lease calculator at http://www.carbuyingtips.com/regm.xls. It is very useful in helping you quickly crank out numbers.
  • eloselos Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I got the following quote.

Package III (Premium Packagae +) - $48,943*
     Mark Levinson Premium Audio
     Rear-Seat DVD Entertainment System (RSES)

In Plano, TX, what would be a good price for this vehicle? Anyone with refent buying experience?

ELOS
    Below are the final numbers:
    MSRP $40,603.00
    Final Negotiated Price $36,101.00
    Acquisition Fee $600
    Tax 3%
    Doc. Fee $399
    Tags $69
    Residual 56%
    Money Factor 0.00235
    36 months lease w/15k miles/year
    With O money down-actually I paid for the tags and first payment, the monthly payment is $555.75
  • kflkfl Member Posts: 22
    I just picked up a certified used 2004 RX330 31,700 miles for $33,275 (4.99 interest). It has upgraded stereo system, lights, navigation, and a few other upgraded amenitites. A couple there even offered the dealer more for the car, but I had already signed for it. The dealership in Illinois was great. Am only financing $24,000. I am thrilled and glad I waited for a crummy day (unbelievable winds and rain). Does this sound like a good deal....anxious to hear your thoughts.
  • hnbmoorehnbmoore Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for a 2006 RX330 w/ Navigation for 43,700.00 out the door. What do you think? I think I can get a better deal toward the end of the month.
    Is the car FWD or AWD?
    What's the MSRP? Offer between 88% to 90% of the MSRP.
  • kflkfl Member Posts: 22
    it has AWD
    and
    Navigation System Package with Performance Package

sound good??
  • hnbmoorehnbmoore Member Posts: 3
    I was just quoted a new price of $40,821.00 for a AWD 2006 w/ Navigation. The total MSRP is 44230.00 I think it's a great price but if I could save a few dollars --- or am I being greedy?
    It's FWD.
    I think that's still too high. We had one person on the forum who had an MSRP similar to yours and negotiated down to $38,500. Shoot for 39,500. 40K max.
    I think that price is fair.
  • myemailmyemail Member Posts: 2
    LExus.Com MSRP - $45,753 - RX330 - AWD
    Dealers quote - $41900. Sounds like a good deal to me. Any comments/opinions please?

Premium Plus Package with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Roof rack with rails. Also includes: Leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory, Illuminated entry system and Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade.
    Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System (includes backup camera and Bluetooth® technology)
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - In-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks
  • myemailmyemail Member Posts: 2
    LExus.Com MSRP - $45,753 - RX330 - AWD
    Dealers quote - $41900. Sounds like a good deal to me. Any comments/opinions please?

Premium Plus Package with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Roof rack with rails. Also includes: Leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory, Illuminated entry system and Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade.
    Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System (includes backup camera and Bluetooth® technology)
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - In-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks
    I just got the same car for $41K even, with under $170 for fees (transferred plates).

I think Lexus's delivery price went up $45, because mine was $45,708, and it's now $45,753.

What state are you in?
  • turquoise_e1turquoise_e1 Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know the money factor for a RX330 currently offered by Lexus Financial?
  • washingtonianwashingtonian Member Posts: 10
    Haven't received any reply from anybody.
    Sure, people in Northwest are reading this forum and would help to share experiences with lexus dealers in Seattle area regarding pricing. How much more than Invoice price or how much discount of MSRP are the dealers ready to go. I am interested in RX 2006 AWD with all extras like navigation system, entertainment system etc.
  • xtonyfxxtonyfx Member Posts: 14
    Don't have a clue as to actual price, int rates, just told them, I have excellent credit and wanted to stay around 500. per month. Figured from the posts I have read and all the deals made, that 500. per month would have to be a good price. How does that sound, or was that a bad idea.
    It's for a 2006 AWD, Premium pkg. Tx included
    30Months/ 10K - 527.00 month
    OOP - approx 1700. (the usually 1st month, acquistion etc..)
    Also, got a quote for 548.00 for 48 month/10K.

Then got a call back and was told that "December To Remember" program was going to start right after Thksgvg and would probably get an even better deal, so I should wait, if I could. He would call me as soon as he gets those numbers.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I got my 2002 RX300 from Lexus of Bellevue at $500 over invoice, but couldn't get them to go lower than about $2500 over when shopping for my 2005 RX 330 last December. Lexus of Seattle eventually matched an offer from leaserates.com at something less than $1000 over invoice, but I ended up buying from Lexus of Riverside (California) and having it shipped up here for less than the local offers. I don't know what kind of dealing the local dealers are doing now, but am always curious to know. Let me know if you would like more info about my experiences or would like some contacts, and good luck!
    Hi,

I got the following quote for an AWD 2006 in Plano TX.

Msrp - $48,943
    Quote - $44,103

Do you think I can get a better price than this? I have not started bargaining yet.

It has the following features:

 Premium Leather Interior, Real Wood Accents
     Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
     6 Disc In-Dash CD Auto Changer
     Roof Rails and Roof Rack
     High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
     Power Rear Door
     18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
     Cargo Mat
     Wheel Locks
     Two-Level Heated Front Seats
     Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers
     Headlamp Washers
     Towing Package
     Lexus Navigation System with Rear View backup Camera and Bluetooth TM
     Mark Levinson Premium Audio
     Rear-Seat DVD Entertainment System (RSES)

ELOS
  • anijhawanijhaw Member Posts: 24
    nc_driver, were you able to get this deal from Johson Lexus of Raleigh/Durham?
    Yes. The money factor however is based on a credit score of 730 or higher.
    Wait until after the Thanksgiving, apparently they are starting a new promotion.-see car-manpostings, very knowledgeable.
    Good luck and let me know.
  • tchau02tchau02 Member Posts: 2
    congrats! is the navigation system included?
    In Plano TX, I got the a quote of $39,820 (MSRP $44,308) from Lexus dealer for RX 330, FWD with the following options:

- Premium Leather Interior, Wood Shift Knob, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
    - 6 Disc single feed In-Dash CD Changer
    - Roof Rails and Roof Rack
    - 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    - Power Rear Door
    - Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers
    - Directional Compass in Rear View Mirror
    - Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Heated Front Seats
    - High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
    - Headlamp Washers
    - Lexus DVD Navigation System with Voice-Command NAV Button, Backup Camera and Bluetooth™

Is it good? How much more can I bargain?

Thanks
    ELOS

PS: Initiatily I wanted a top of the line AWD but changed my mind....
  • tchau02tchau02 Member Posts: 2
    This is the quote I have. Is $38,000 a good price?

2006 LEXUS RX330 2wd w/navigation
    MSRP: $44,148
    Your PRICE: $37,995..(price does not include tax, license or doc. fee.)

Equip: - 18" aluminum alloy wheels
    - (NV) Navigation system which includes rear view camera, bluetooth, voice activation & compass)
    - (DC) 6 disc cd changer (HH) heated seats (PT)
    - Premium Plus Package includes leather trim interior,
    - power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory, roof rails with rack, illuminated entry system, one-touch open/close moonroof, power rear door, HID headlamps with AFS and wood & leather steering wheel & shift knob (C1) & (WL) – Mats & wheel locks
    tchau02,

My vehicle is the same as you described and my quote is $1800 more than yours. I have not bargained it yet of course.

Did you get this quote in DFW area? If not where?

Thanks
    ELOS
    That's a good price. I'd try to see if you can get the price a little lower (Between $43,070 to $44,050).
    That's a good price. If you can get anywhere between 88 - 90% percent of MSRP, then you are doing fine.
    That price is fantastic. I'd take that deal. I don't think you can get much lower than that.
    Low end = $39,350
    High end = $41,180

Try to get the price down by another $1K (40,720)
  • vegas777vegas777 Member Posts: 1
    I e-mailed quote requests to both Fletcher Jones Lexus of Las Vegas as well as the Desert Lexus of Cathedral City, CA.

The quote request was based on an MSRP of $44,193.

Fletcher Jones Lexus quoted a price of $40,869 plus tax and doc.
    Desert Lexus quoted $41,582.00 + Sales Tax, License, Title and State Fees.
    I also received an e-mail regarding the Lexus December To Remember event. I called Fletcher Jones and they said that it is already in effect although he was not specific about the sale details.
    That's too high. The maximum I would pay is $39,770. Start at $38k and see what they counteroffer you.
  • sued2005sued2005 Member Posts: 9
    I sent internet price requests to 3 local dealers in No Ca. I received two back within an hour but was extremely disappointed in both quotes. MRSP is 47,903 and I was quoted 45,101 from one dealership and 47,034 on MRSP of 48,528. I am curious to see how people are getting $5k or more off the sticker price?
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Try Lexus of Riverside, Internet Sales Manager.
  • sued2005sued2005 Member Posts: 9
    thank you briegel...i just went to their website and asked for a quote. i bought my last car from laguna niguel because i had the same issue with dealers not wanting to give a good price!
  • mikedustmikedust Member Posts: 3
    I am getting ready to lease in the Houston area. Does anyone have recent experience with local dealers. How much should I expect to pay above dealer invoice? Thanks.
  • lexuslady1lexuslady1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 2006 AWD RX 330 yesterday. My buying experience was surprisingly straightforward. I have the following options on the car:

-Prem Plus Package
    -6-Disc in Dash CD
    -Heated Front Seats w/ Raing sensing wipers
    -18" Alum. Alloy Wheels
    -Wheel Locks
    -Cargo Mats
    -Trans Cooler/Heavy Duty Alternator (Towing Prep)

MSRP was $43,358.00. Negotiated a price of $39,000 + $249 processing fee. OTD price = $40,542.

I felt the deal was fair. I paid $560 over invoice. The one sticking point that I didn't find in my research was the LDA of $472 that I wasn't expecting. However, the salesguy wouldn't even entertain the possibility of getting out of paying that. However, the LDA was included on the invoice the dealer showed us. Everything on that invoice looked legit in terms of the invoice price of the options (as compared to my notes from Edmunds!). So, in the end we paid LDA and bought the car. Financed w/ the dealer @ 4.75%, which beat the bank's financing.

I hope this helps those of you still doing research and looking at this car.

Not that I can do anything about it now, but curious what others' found with the LDA fee and my deal . . . .
  • 4424jm4424jm Member Posts: 25
    Try lexus of stevens creek in san jose. Only deal with internet manager. Should be able to get for about $800 over invoice.
This discussion has been closed.