Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rgudapatrgudapat Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you please tell me more details about ur experience..

1. Did you negotiate with Internet department?If so, do you remember the person who is good to work with?

2. How much is the price above invoice you paid? The one i am negotiating with Roswell dealer is around 3.5% over invoice.. Couldn't get him down further..

3. Any other imput is appreicated..

Thanks for ur time and help..

Raj
  • rgudapatrgudapat Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you please tell me which dealer is offering better deal in GA on RX 350? I think you did lot of research based on your posts.

Finally, how much over invoice price you paid? I love to hear 500$ above invoice like other states ..:)

Your help is appreciated..

Thanks
  • bigchiefbigchief Member Posts: 6
    Nice SUV but just real pricey for a used one.I am seeing 30K miles at $30K... the seat and interior are not that nice? When you can almost get a new MDX for the same price as a 2 year old car. I am all for status but give me a driver?
  • mlambertmlambert Member Posts: 1
    I need help finding a good deal in Virginia or close. I want a RX 350 with Premium Plus and Navi. Can anybody help me out?
  • saagisaagi Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I'm planning to buy RX350 in Kansas city area and the price that I'm getting it is far more different than what I see around. I'm trying to find the best quote that we can get around in Kansas. The quote that I'm getting is 43.6k and the MSRP is 45K. Please help me with the best counter offer that we can go with. Thanks in advance.

This is for premium plus with nav.
  • lexusbuyer3lexusbuyer3 Member Posts: 1
    I need help with RX350 price.
    I'm planning to buy RX350 in Kansas city area and the price that I'm getting it is far more different than what I see around. I'm trying to find the best quote that we can get around in Kansas. The quote that I'm getting is 43.6k and the MSRP is 45K. Please help me with the best counter offer that we can go with. Thanks in advance.

This is for premium plus with nav.
  • teztez Member Posts: 6
    I'm currently shopping KC now as well.

First off, I always try to deal with the internet or e-commerce sales manager. Typically they are non-comissioned sales and offer a better price quicker.

I talked to dealerships in Wichita, Des Moines, and Omaha today. Although I haven't really started any negotiation yet, one offered $2,400 under MSRP and another $2,600. I'm thinking that getting to $3K should be fairly easy. Going to Superior Lexus in the morning, so may have more info to report later. Good luck!
  • saagisaagi Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Tez! I appreciate your time. Please let me know how your visit goes tomorrow. I will be glad to follow you for a best deal. Thanks & have a good weekend.
  • teztez Member Posts: 6
    Saagi,

Ok, here's the scoop. I just returned from Superior. I paid $40K for an AWD Bamboo Pearl model with the Premium Plus Pkg and towing hitch. MSRP was $43,448 plus $299 document prep = $43,747 (so total discount of $3,747). They countered me for $40.5K, but I said no deal. This was a cash deal with no trade.

Maybe you can do even better! Put a post up if you make a deal. Good luck!
  • elmer3elmer3 Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone had any experience with Lexus of Orlando,Fla--If so please feed back to me-Also Lexus of north hills Wexford Pa. (Iam a snow bird). Thanks Elmer
  • bbgirlbbgirl Member Posts: 3
    Hi-I am looking at a 2007RX350 from Ray Catena in Monmouth County, NJ. Price I was quoted for AWD Prem. Plus Pkg. 18" alloy wheels, heated seats, cargo mat, towing prep pkg, cargo mat, no NAV (don't need) is $38,925. Anyone think I can do better. MSRP was $43,???. Thanks.
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    Just got my vehicle last night from Mission Viejo Lexus. The sale experience was wonderful. I emailed about 10 dealers in San Diego, Orange County and LA areas to get the price for RX 350 base trim (premium plus package, 18" wheel, heater seat, cargo mat, wheel lock....NO navigation), MSRP $41,475. These are some of the prices I received:

Mission Viejo: $36,060..........I offered 35.5K, the internet sale manager accepted my offer in 10 min.
    Longo: $36,140...later went down to $36,000...I stop negotiate so I don't know if they would go down more?
    Cerritos: $36,990
    Westminster: $37,139
    Kearny Mesa: $37,639
    Tustin: $37,889
    Carlsbad: 38,139

We arrived at Mission Viejo from San Diego about 8 p.m., my wife just had our first baby 2 weeks ago so she did not feel very well walking around the lot. The internet sales manager who is in his 60s insisted that we all sit at the front lobby so he could bring up all 4 vehicles w/ same MSRP but different color combination that I had requested for us to choose. Before leaving home I emailed him again asking for OTD and we even agreed on that, except that I forgot to mention that I had a gift certificate of $750 from Lexus for attending Taste of Lexus Event but he took care of it, no question asked. So here is my final price 35.5k- $750= $34,750 ($6725 off from MSRP). This is a wonderful web site; I would like to thank everyone in the forum for all the wonderful info and tips. By the way, I did call Kearny Mesa and Carlsbad to offer them the same price before going to Mission Viejo but they did not even come close, the Carlsbad sale person (after checking w/ her manager)told me that 35.5K is a not a real price because the dealer would lose 2K on the deal like this, therefore, she offered me 37.5K just in case I could not get the car. She even calls me back today to see if I actually got the car; it seems that 35.5K is impossible to her? If anyone needs more info, please PM me. Good luck to all :)
  • gopinath77gopinath77 Member Posts: 6
    Cool Deal I will try in Milwaukee, WI.
    Thanks for the info.
  • gopinath77gopinath77 Member Posts: 6
    is this AWD ??
    No, it's 2WD. If you go to lexus web site and build your own car, you will see that my MSRP @ 41,4** is for 2WD; 4WD is 2K more I think. Don't forget to apply for "Lexus Pursuits Visa" credit card before buying your car, you will get points worth ~ $500 toward future lexus purchase/maintenance credit.
  • gidget2gidget2 Member Posts: 2
    For a 2007 RX350 AWD with Premium Pkg., I have gotten internet pricing of about $39,200 to $39,400 with the dealer fees (not incl. taxes and reg. My question is that the vehicle is not on the lot and will not be arriving until sometime in Nov. The dealers are telling me that I need to put down a reservation deposit of either $1,000 or $2,000. My question is -- if I put down the deposit -- and the vehicle arrives in November -- am I guaranteed the price? Or if their is a price increase or something else, will I have to pay the price the vehicle would sell for in November? Also, if I put the deposit down and drive the car when it comes in and decide I don't like the way it handles -- can I get my deposit back? And finally, is a $1000 or $2000 deposit reasonable as I think I am just waiting for the car to arrive rather than special ordering it? Let me know what you think. Somehow, the pricing seems too good to be true and I wonder what I am missing? Thanks for the help. G.
    I just put down a $500 deposit for a 2007 AWD RX350 with premium plus pkg., heated seats, rain sensing wiper, cargo mat, 18" alloy wheels, towing pkg and all season floor mats. The dealer did not have my color, which was Flint Mica with light grey leather. It should be in Oct. 28th. The price was $38,925. He probably would have gone a little lower, but I couldn't get any one else below 39,925 in the Philly area. I went to Ray Catena in Monmouth County NJ. I hope I did okay.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    I am looking for a used RX330 and found 2 with reasonable price (??). Both cars are used for Lexus car dealer service. Here is the price and milage for both cars.

$31200 20000miles 2005 model (dealer purchased in Jun.2005)
    $32500 15000 miles 2006 model (dealer purchased in Sept. 2005)

Qestions for all of you:
    The new car invoic price from Edmund.com is $36,700 for 2006 model (primuin package/heated seats/6CD)
    (1) are these good price?
    (2) Anything good or bad to purchase a car used for dealer service dept?

Only want to save a few Ks (after getting a new MDX). Worth doing this?

Charles
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    FWD or AWD for the new 2006 RX? By the way, the 2007 RX350 came out in March 2006. I am not sure if you are talking about the '07 model.

I've read some got the FWD with the same options for $35.5K to $36K, possible $1.5K or $2K more for AWD.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    I am talking the used RX330 | 2005 AND 2006 MODEL. All of them are AWD. I listed the negotiated price and miles that the cars have.

GOOD DEAL to save a few Ks compared to a brand new RX350?
  • motorjockmotorjock Member Posts: 5
    Curious to know if you purchased your RX350. I was at Sewell yesterday and the best the salesman would come down was $2500 off MSRP. From this site, I don't think that's the best I can do. Thanks
  • erl3erl3 Member Posts: 3
    Just want to share our car buying experience last two months ago from Longo Lexus. We got AWD RX350 with Premium Plus Package, 18" alloy wheels, heated seats, rain sensing wiper, cargo mat, towing pkg, wheel lock for the base price of $36,800, OTD price of $41,500 that includes extended warranty to 7-year/100,000 miles for $1,600.
    The sale experience is excellent. We went there; test drove the car; the salesman gave us the final price; accepted it; completed the transaction in short period of time; and drove home the new car.
    Hope this will help in any way in purchasing your new car.
    Thanks.
  • sis007sis007 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Frank,
    I am also planning to buy RX 350. Can you please give me your sales person name with whom you got that good deal.

Thanks.

:)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    No.. Frank can't provide that information.. Here is a copy of the message printed in red on every page in the Prices Paid forums..

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• watchfuleyewatchfuleye Member Posts: 3
    Congrats on your deal!
    I have to admit, however, I am a bit confused: according to Edmund's invoice figures, your base price is about 1,900-2,000 below invoice. Is this due to some regional differences (I priced an identical RX for Houston area), or something else?.. Please explain if you could.
    Many thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure if this has something to do with regional differences. I believed that it is all about the dealerships on how they do their businesses. The salesman of Longo Lexus explained to us that they always offer the best possible price as they have no time for long and time consuming negotiations. It appears that they make profit by selling in volume compared to others trying to make big profit from every car they sell.
    Regards
  • watchfuleyewatchfuleye Member Posts: 3
    Makes sense to me. Thank you.
    Having little knowledge about this car selling business, I think that after all that invoice info has become publicly available on the Web, the manufacturers and dealers started playing a new game of "inflated invoices". As a result, the term "invoice price" appears to loose its true, original meaning and instead is becoming yet another non-sensual thing, much like MSRP. I wonder if this shell game is ever going to end...
    Anyone purchased or shopped recently from the DFW area. I need some help.
  • rathebedrivingrathebedriving Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have pricing information on Houston Lexus dealers? I'm in Houston and interested in a RX350/FWD/Premium (PM) plus FT, HH, TO, Z1, with MSRP $40818. The Northside and Sterling McCall did not seem flexible (>39K). Dallas dealerships came at just above 37K. I should be able to get a good deal in Houston. I would appreaciate any input.

Thanks in advance.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    After researching carefully on this site, I did the best I could at Charles Barker in Newport News, VA, on a RX350 W/ premium plus plus navi. The OTD was right at $43,000. I compared with Richmond (nowhere close), Rockville (Maryland) and Savannah (Georgia). The folks at Charles Barker were courteous and professional, and I was pleased with the experience. Let me know if you are a VA buyer and need any further info.
  • idridr Member Posts: 4
    Hey Franklw,

Just wondering how you feel about a 2007 AWD Lexus RX 350 with NAV and Mark Levinsin Pkg, Entertainment DVD, 18 in wheels for 47500.00 OTD. B/c it seems like you had a great deal on yours. Thanks
  • cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    Can a person use the $500 in credit card points toward the purchase of new rx350 or is that just furture purchases?
  • eeng168eeng168 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the 2,950 messages in this thread but I couldn't find it. I plan on purchasing a RX350 in the next couple of months. Can someone share the recent purchases or help me with what I should be paying?

I plan on getting the AWD version in Flint Mica, with the black leather inside. Option will probably be the Navigation System and the 18" alloy wheels and tires.

I assume the all-weather mats, cargo net, cargo mat, and cargo tray should be included and is not an option. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!
    I am waiting for a 2007 AWD RX350 in Flint Mica from Ray Catena in NJ. It is due on Oct. 28th. Did not get Navigation. It will have 18" wheels and tires, cargo tray, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, all weather mats. Premium Plus pkg. All weather mats and cargo accessories are options (pretty sure). My price $38,925. I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but no one responded. It was the best price I could get after going to 3 dealerships in the Philly area. My confusion comes from the prices people seem to be getting in CA. I happy with my price - we looked at Acura RDX, MDX (2006) and BMW X3. None of them had the luxury and ride of the RX350. Hope this is helpful.
  • rathebedrivingrathebedriving Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have recent pricing information on Houston Lexus dealers? I'm in Houston and interested in a RX350/FWD/Premium (PM) plus FT, HH, TO, Z1, with MSRP $40818. The Northside and Sterling McCall did not seem flexible (>39K). Dallas dealerships came at just above 37K. I should be able to get a good deal in Houston. I would appreaciate any input.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Idr,

What's your MSRP? It's hard to judge OTD since I don't know what your sale tax is, are you from So. Cal.. In So. Cal right now, you can get this vehicle for around $1200-1600 under invoice. I think your price is high for So. Cal.
  • f4flyrf4flyr Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Lexus RX 330 which I will put up for sale in early Nov. 22,370 miles. Excellent condition. Garage kept. Fully dealer serviced. Flint mica, black interior. Nav system, b/up camera, 18" wheels; heated seats; automatic wipers; Premium package with leather, power tilt/telescoping Steering; one touch moonroof; HID headlamps;roff rails and rack; 6 disc indash CD. Lojack installed ($995). Paid $42,333 in Dec, 2005 at Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria, VA. Average comparable for sale in this area is $37, 164. My price--$37K. Great vehicle. If you are interested, pls let me know.
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    Could you email me WHO you worked with at Lexus Longo ? One of the internet salespersons told me I could NOT obtain a base model as they could only get a RX 350 for a MSRP of 43K.
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    Frank:
    I live in So. Ca. What is the best price you have found for a RX 350 ? Have you been able to find a base model w/o all the options ?
    As far as I know, they are correct that base model is not available. The car I bought from them is not a base model. I would like to clarify that the base price I mentioned means the price of the car I selected (with premium package and other factory installed options and accessories; MSRP OF 43K) excluding the cost of extended warranty, tax, title, and license.
    Hi darballman,

Please look at my post #2928. Those quotes were for RX 350 based, MSRP~ 41,4**.00(based = base plus premium plus package in So. Cal, you can not get any thing less than that). The price I got from Mission Viejo was 35.5K plus tax, docs and $45 fees. Two days ago, I received another email from Lexus of Westminster which offered $35,787 for base model and $37,987.00 for base plus navigation. I would email those two dealers to see what their current best price is. After you have agreed on the purchase price, don't forget to ask for OTD price to avoid any last minute surprise. Best of luck to you.
  • lclex428lclex428 Member Posts: 1
    To eeng168,

I hope this information can help you. My wife and I recently purchased a millenium silver Lexus RX350 (grey interior) with navigation, premium plus package, 18" alloy wheels, heated seats/rain sensor wipers, towing option, cargo mat, wheel locks and all weather floor mats for $40,749 (including destination charge, $715). Add to this 7% NJ state sales tax, NJ tire tax (7.50), documentary fees (199.00) and title fee/4-year registration fee (331.00). Grand total approximately $44,139. The MSRP was $45,706, so we were happy to have negotiated for a price ($40,749)almost 5K below MSRP. The deal was done over phone on Friday, October 13, and the car was ready as promised the following week; we picked it up on Saturday, Oct 21st. The dealership is Ray Catena Lexus in Oakhurst, NJ. They are a non-nonsense dealer and highly professional. I recommend them for getting a very good deal. Good luck with your car shopping.
  • sender1sender1 Member Posts: 43
    Hi, I negotiated a price on a 2007 RX350 with NAV etc for $40250. MSRP is $45705. I then had the salesman figure out the lease cost based on 36 months, 12,000 miles, no $ down (aside from taxes, 1st month, motor vehicle fees etc). He based this on a factor of .00163 and 57% residual. The number he came up with was $551.18 a month. I tried myself with the numbers a few times and I could not figure out how he came up with this. Any help would be appreciated as I am ready to make this deal. Thanks so much Another option is wait until end of Nov for December to Remember lease deals? Thanks for your help
  • andrewfomandrewfom Member Posts: 8
    Questions for those of you who bought RX350 in So. Cal (in particular, at Longo Lexus and Mission Viejo):

1. The price quoted to you by the dealer (and that you mentioned in this forum) - does it include the destination charge or does the dealer add it later, when calculating the OTD price?

2. The documentation fee of $199 seems rather high for simple paperwork. Did you just accept it or negotiate too?
    Did they add the Lexus Advertising Fee as well?

3. Were the all-season mats, cargo mat always included in the quoted config or did the dealer add those later, for a separate fee?

4. Has anyone here gotten a delivery of RX350 to a different state from So.Cal? How much did you pay for that? I bought an RX300 from Longo Lexus in 1999 for $1200 over invoice and paid extra ~$400 for the delivery to my door (in WA).

Thanks. :shades:
  • peekay1peekay1 Member Posts: 74
    Sender1:
    Based on the numbers you gave me, I came up with a payment of $502.46. However, that does not include TTL or acquisition fees. Assuming a 6% tax rate the payment bumps up to $532.61. Not sure what the acquisition fee is on this car, but if I assume $600, I come up with a payment of $551.31/mo.

If you have the other numbers (tax rate, license fee, title fee, acquisition fee), I can more accurately tell you if the dealer is above board.
    I found a 04 RX330 that is CPO w/16,871 miles on it. Nav, rear dvd and basically everything that I would want in a new one but don't wanna spend what they want right now. The dealership is asking $34,900. Edmunds says the trade in on it was about $28. I understand that making it CPO adds over a 1K. My question is do you think it's a good deal for a 04 with that low of mileage? It's a one owner that was traded in back to the dealership they bought it from. Also besides little tweaks is there that much difference in an 04 and 06 or 07. Such as can't the nav be updated for maps??? If it sounds like a good car, I'm hoping to get them down to high 31 or 32. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry, it's in the Dallas area. Here's some of the particulars

** 3 YEAR / 100,000 MILE LEXUS WARRANTY

** ONE OWNER

** NAVIGATION SYSTEM

** REAR DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

** NON SMOKER

** SUPER CLEAN

** SUPER LOW MILES

** SHOWS LIKE NEW

** Loaded With Rear DVD Entertainment System, Navigation System, Back Up Camera, 18 Inch Upgrade Wheels, Rain Sensor Wipers, Leather, Sun Roof, Lexus Premium Sound System With 6 Disc CD Changer, Wood Steering Wheel Upgrade.

** Other Equipment Includes Memory Seats, Home Link, Dual Auto-Climate Control, Auto Headlights, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, Dual Front Air Bags, Front Side Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Dual Power Seats, Alloy Wheels and More.

** Excellent Condition as you would expect from a Dealer interested in your Total Satisfaction!

** Certified Lexus Cars Feature a 3YEAR/100,000 Total Mile Factory Warranty
  • sxylxysxylxy Member Posts: 29
    Hi Motorjock,

I just bought that car as an '07 RX350. It has a great rear seat DVD with wireless headsets and a Mark Levinson stereo plus the Gen 5 Nav, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, HID lights with adaptive front lighting system. There might be a few safety differences. I do know that the 350 has about 50 more horsepower and gets slightly better gas mileage. The MSRP is $48,243 and my capitalized cost was $42,450 + $600 acquisition. I plan to buy the vehicle, so the capitalized cost and residual were important. So:

'07 RX350 $43,050
    vs
    '04 RX330 $34,900

a difference of $8,150. Best case sounds like a price of $31K for a difference of $12K. So that's how I would weigh it. Can you get $10K more for an '07 versus an '04 a few years from now? Close, maybe. That would make the difference price-wise between the two negligible.
    Thanks...this helps a lot!
  • joedealjoedeal Member Posts: 8
    Learned a lot from this forum, guess it's time for me to contribute.

Just bought Rx350 with Nav, MSRP 45706. Got it at 40700 + 198 doc fee + tax + registration + title etc at Lexus of Norwood.

It's an OK deal for me. Not the lowest price I saw on this forum, but feels like the best I can do now.
    Would you able to give me the name of the person you dealt with? I'm probably going to contact myself since that's a really good deal.
This discussion has been closed.