Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tedcruisertedcruiser Member Posts: 50
    This deal is currently on the table here in Dallas (Sewell). The car is not on the lot and they are working with another dealer to get it or may have to wait until their next allocation at month-end.
    The color is white. I also told them bamboo may be acceptable, but prefer white. Anyone out there with bamboo? How's it show dirt?
  • rx4merx4me Member Posts: 58
    Considering it was not sitting on the lot already, then you got an EXTREMELY good quote! When it comes time for signing the contract, make sure the dealer doesn't try to tack on the transport fee (to get it from the other dealer to the dealer you're working with), as was in my case. Apparently, the re-route didn't process in time and I had to pay the transport fee if I still wanted the car (even though I already signed the contract for a set price). Silver/black was hard to come by out this way, so I went ahead and paid it anyways, as I was unsuccessful in negotiating the dealer to pay half. Btw, bamboo pearl would've been my second choice color, but I ended up getting silver, since I wanted the black interior and bamboo doesn't offer that color combination.
  • happylexushappylexus Member Posts: 1
    I got my white Lexus RX330 one month ago. It is FWD with Premium Plus package, Navigation system with rear camera, 18" wheels, MSRP around $41,000. I got it for $38,800. It was really hard to find for me to find a FWD, with Nav, without the performance package (too expensive for me) and so I jumped at this one. I negotiated really hard with the sales manager and finally brought him down to this price. Car was on the lot. My sales guy told me I got a fantastic deal. My relative bought a Lexus from the same dealership within the same week and also was able to negotiate a great deal. Definitely go to Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills.
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    How does the MSRP come to $40078? The reason I ask is that my RX, along with some others I've seen within the forums, had an MSRP of $39413. This included Premium Plus, 18" rims, cargo mat, and wheel locks. I figured this was one of the few standard configurations readily available for the RX330. What additional option(s) are included on your RX?
    The base FWD RX330 is $35025 and add on the premium plus pkg (with additional options) of $4478 plus deliver of $625. This MSRP is $40,128. I was quoted a MSRP of $40,078. There is a $40 difference between MSRP's as shown on (www.lexus.com) vs. the dealer.
    Have not bothered to reconcile this. This premium plus packaged is detailed on lexus.com. inlcudes heated seats, and HID's. We settled on $36,500 + TTL.

Tedcruiser
  • dallas_mmicdallas_mmic Member Posts: 13
    Heated seats w/ HID (I think that's the combo)is the extra option
    39413+665 = 40078
  • JPhamJPham Member Posts: 148
    and it's possibly due to Lexus/Toyota jacking up the destination charge by $50 across the lineup.
    dallas_mmic understood the intention of my question to Ted. What additional goodies are included for the extra $665 cost?? Only one slight correction: I think it is the heated seats w/ rain-sensing wipers, because HID is already included within the Premium Plus.

For that, $36.5K + TTL is a VERY good price.
    I just looked up the car w/ the options that I bought a month ago... MSRP 40078 is now MSRP 40128 due to the extra 50 destination charge that JPham mentioned.
    cotmc: You are correct .. it is heated seats w/ rain sensing for $665 MSRP.
  • rageorgerageorge Member Posts: 4
    Hey Ted,
    I live in Plano and want to buy an RX330 shortly.
    Did you just walk into Sewell or did you go thru the Internet office ?
    The price you metioned is great, since it has a 12% markup.
    Was there lots of going back and forth on the numbers before you settled on the deal?
    Congratulations on your RX purchase last month! Hopefully, your experiences will confirm you made the correct decision by choosing the RX330 above the XC90.

I guess your RX also has the heated seats, huh? I haven't seen the Premium Plus FWD models with heated seats here in AZ or in southern CA, but we rarely experience really cold temperatures unless we head for the mountains. We rarely have the opportunity to "enjoy" the occasional freezing cold fronts that visit northern Texas during the winter. There are many features about Dallas that I miss, but not the freezing rain! On Christmas night 2000, we were caught in an ice storm near Abilene during our trip back to AZ after visiting relatives near Dallas. Even though we had a capable AWD MDX, we ended up spending 2 nights at a small church; not risking the thick ice along I-20. Gotta admit the heated seats came in handy during that trip!
    I went thru the internet office. There's a lady there that I had worked with on a previous deal back in February. Everything was done over email prior to me going in for a test drive. She immediately gave me $3000 off MSRP. I had a couple of follow-up emails to get the remaining discount. If you send me an email, I'll send you her name. This is the 2nd negotiation for a vehicle that I've done thru email. I'll never negotiate in person again. I take things too personal in person.
    You may have seen my post earlier, but in case not... you should check out Lexus Austin if you are in the dallas area and shopping around. You could probably have the vehicle delivered from Austin if you'd prefer not to fly down there ( I picked it up ) -- they beat the dallas folk's price and were straightforward. Of course, if you don't have to deal w/ someone out of town, that is nice, too. You could at least get the local folks to match the Austin price. Good luck to you both.

cotmc: I didn't want the heated seats, but the majority of them in the dallas area come that way... I really like the rain sensing wipers, though, so I'm happy with that "package".
    I read your earlier post and had initial contact with them. Their maximum discount if I remember was $2500 off MSRP. They didn't seem interested in anything below that.

Thanks though.
    Tedcruiser
    $3500 off MSRP is the best discount I have seen thus far on a Premium Plus FWD configuration. You beat my discount by $300! I've actually been tracking the forums ever since mid-June to see what other customers are paying.

Make sure you get an out-the-door price quote so that they don't try to add any additional cost other than TTL and a standard doc/admin fee.

Regarding your FWD versus AWD question, is the Dallas area receiving a large supply of AWD models? Depending on the supply/demand in your area for the AWD versus FWD, you may not receive as good of a discount on an AWD model.

Does anyone with an AWD model know if it requires additional maintenance than that of the FWD model? Our MDX required frequent rear differential fluid changes, which tended to be more expensive than we expected.
    I posted another message in the regular RX330 forum in regards to engine performance. I haven't tested this engine in passing situations or quick starts. How is the torgue/and power in those situations. How smooth is the engine shifts? My GS is like butter. How does the RX330 engine compare?

thanks,
    TedCruiser
  • rageorgerageorge Member Posts: 4
    Did you try Park Place In plano ?
    send me a note at pennmba1995@yahoo.com
    I posted a couple of responses to your question over in the "RX330" forum.
  • hondaexperthondaexpert Member Posts: 4
    Katherine, can you tell me the dealer's name that you bought your Lexus? is that in MA?
    Thanks
    Tristan
    Does anyone know where can I get a good deal in New England?

Thanks
    Tristan
  • arwildarwild Member Posts: 5
    Thinking about getting an RX-330. Wondering which dealer to work with. Visited Pohanka today which seemed OK. Are folks finding the DC dealers willing to sell RX-330s at prices below MSRP, and if so, by how much? I'm thinking about an AWD with premium plus, rear seat entertainment and towing package.
  • katherine6katherine6 Member Posts: 61
    I bought at Lexus of Norwood, MA. The dealer s in Watertown, MA and Northboro (? I have to look it up, and the info is not available right now) also gave me very good prices. If you post your email in your profile, I'll give you the sales persons name. She was very good. I made the deal with the GSM in about 5 minutes. I'll give his name too.
    Katherine.
  • chrisjoochrisjoo Member Posts: 27
    I don't think you can get RX equipped with rear seat entertainment unless you do special order which takes about 4 months for the delivery. There's more discounts on non navigation models. It seems to me that you don't want the one with Navigation. I got about $1800 off for the navigation equipped RX from Lexus of Annapolis, which is probably the best I can do in D.C area (I might be wrong) I called Pohanka but they weren't willing to match that price from Annapolis. They offer $1000 off. I went to Lindsay dealership also, but I didn't really like the salesmen there. Lindsay will try to charge you MSRP. I didn't have pleasant experience from Rockville either cause they only offered $1000 off for black and white color. Silver Spring offered $1000 off for all colors. From what I understand, I think you can get $2000-$2500 off Non nvagiation model, but if you really want that rear seat entertainment system, I think you have to speical order, or buy from dealers from other areas. Try Annapolis though, they are my favorite out of 5 D.C area dealership.
  • mslexuscrystalmslexuscrystal Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested to know if I am going to make a good deal on a '04 RX330. I am negotiating with a dealership in Austin, Tx with a 40,078 MSRP with a discount of $2078 a difference of $38,000. Should I go for it or not???????? This price includes the Premium Plus Package....:)
    I bet you could get $3000 to $3500 off at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. Send me an email and I'll give you a name who to talk to. I have this same vehicle quoted to me at $36500.

Tedcruiser
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    If you post your email in your profile, I'll give you the sales persons name.

I advise against posting email addresses in open forums - the spammers harvest them constantly and we're not immune to it here.

I suggest that you make your email address public in your profile (click "My Profile" near top left of this page) and anyone interested can contact you directly.

tidester, host
    Marie: A $2K discount was considered "good" about three months ago, but if you're willing to do a little homework (which it appears you are!), you should be able to save another $500 to $1500.

My advice? See if Sewell (per Ted's message) will give you an email quote on a similar model. Send a quote request to their internet department, and be specific regarding the options. You can easily do a dealer search and quote request on Lexus' corporate website. If the quote you get back from Sewell is lower than $38K, ask your local dealer if he/she will better Sewell's quote. If they do not meet Sewell's quote, then don't be nervous about buying from Sewell or any other Lexus dealer a few hours' drive from your home. Any reputable dealer will take good care of you, and your local Lexus service center should be happy to take your money and provide you with loaners, whether or not you purchased the car from them. We purchased our RX330 from a dealer out of state, and we have no regrets.
    What do you make of the transmission software TSB TC005-03? I have read about this in this forum and the Lexus owners club. I know you have already purchased, but is this an issue to prevent someone from buying at this time. I don't want this to turn into another ES330 transmission fiasco!

Tedcruiser
    I am not familiar with the ES330 transmission fiasco. Can you fill me in?

I downloaded a PDF copy of that TSB TC005-03 from another forum, and I plan to take it to my Lexus service advisor within the next couple weeks. Based on the feedback I have heard, I would like them to perform that TSB service on our RX330. It seems that sometimes our transmission is a little slow to downshift when driving at slower speeds, and sometimes it over compensates when pushed harder. However, it isn't something I consider to be a significant flaw. I'm sure there are other drivers who don't find any fault with it.

As far as buying now or later, I wouldn't let it stop you from buying now if you have other reasons to make the purchase at this time. There seem to be very few issues with this brand new model. Keep in mind that many RX330s will soon be built in Canada instead of Japan. If you decide to wait until next year, do you know where the Dallas area dealers will be receiving their future shipments from? I've heard the western states would still be receiving inventory from Japan in the future, but I do not have any confirmation on that.
    Can you send me an email with the PDF attachment for the TSB? I am going in to the dealer tomorrow to talk to them about this and see what they have to say. Or else tell me where to find it.

The ES300 fiasco is that a lot of folks were complaining that there was a delay in some of the shift points causing a pause before quick acceleration. Check out the ES300 board.

Tedcruiser
    I don't see your email address listed within your profile. I also don't know how to attach a .PDF file to my post here in Town Hall.

Have you heard of any other Lexus forum that might be considered a CLUB for LEXUS owners?? There's an ECM Calibration TSB .PDF file over there. (Sorry, but we are supposed to avoid direct references to other forums in here.)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I also don't know how to attach a .PDF file to my post here in Town Hall.

I don't think it's possible. However, if you have a copy of it at a host site or your own ISP you could provide a link to it which will allow people to view or download it.

[edited: I just reread your post. Go ahead and provide a direct link here to either the pdf file or the specific page on which it can be found as it is answering a specific technical question being raised in this discussion.]

tidester, host
  • rshively1rshively1 Member Posts: 1
    Please send me your contact at Sewell. I live in Virginia but commute almost monthly to TX. I'll drive it home for the right price. Email my virtual address at: rshively@bigfoot.com
    You're not still seriously considering the FX35 instead of the RX330, are you? ;-)

Make sure you take both on a good extended test drive. Beware that the FX has a louder engine and exhaust, a significantly firmer suspension (FX45 or FX35 with Sport pkg), and a lower resale value. Also check out the Sept Consumer Reports issue regarding their comparisons between the two. The FX35 will be more fun to drive, but it won't provide anywhere near the smooth, quiet drivetrain that you've appreciated with your GS300. I've test all three of these vehicles, and the RX330 provides a much closer match than the FX35 to your GS300, in terms of luxury and driving experience.
    I was considering it even though i have never drove a FS35. However, as of today after driving the RX330 again (both 2WD/AWD)I have committed to RX330. I didn't feel any issues with the transmission as yet. Do you have the AWD model? Seemed the AWD had less "torque" feel in steering wheel. Comments?
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Member Posts: 42
    tedcruiser - please email me your contact person at sewell in dallas if u dont mind.

dallas_mmic - please email me you contact in austin if u dont mind -

planning to purchase one maybe the next month - october - only choice i got is in lubbock which is closer to midland/odessa area. thanks
    I don't see your email in your profile.
    To be honest, I never drove an AWD model. In AZ and southern CA, the FWD models seem to outnumber the AWD models, and I wanted to get the purchase price as close to $35K as possible. I can understand why the AWD would provide a little better steering feel, especially during hard acceleration, but I personally do not notice any torque steer with our FWD model. If I tried to pay closer attention, maybe I would notice, but I think most people will agree with me that it is not a glaring weakness of the FWD RX330.

If you are debating between AWD and FWD, you might consider asking if the AWD models require any additional maintenance, such as periodically replacing the rear differential fluid. This was a costly maintenance item on our MDX that seemed to be required every 15K miles. Don't know about the RX, but I am curious...
  • uis00snuis00sn Member Posts: 18
    I have an offer form S.Florida dealer for "$39994 plus tax tag and fees" for MSRP $43,045 (INVOICE $37,656).
    Locally (Rockville, MD) they tell me stories about demand and special ordering w/ $1000 off MSRP.

Any thoughts on my further strategy?

Thanks in advance.
    I think you can do better than that. I read posts before, and he got around $2000-$3000 off on his RX 330 from either Rockville or Silver spring. I got about $1800 off for Navigation equipped model. In D.C area, there's more discounts for no navigation models. But I am thinking that there's no performace packaged RX in D.C area. I test drove one with Performance package with Navigation about a month ago at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria. MSRP was at $45000, but it's probably gone by now. My suggestion is that go with that Florida dealer if you really want the performance package. It takes 4 months to special order for god's sake!!
    Yes, it should be at least 2K off w/out NAV. I'm thinking of faxing to all DC area dealers and ask them to match Florida's price. Something might come out, right? Never hurts to give it a try.
    If it does not work will get a car from Florida. I'm wondering how much they will charge to ship the car from West Palm to MD, I wouldn't want to fly/drive it home...
    Even if one of the D.C dealers match Florida's price, would you be willing to wait 4 months? (It might take less time now because production started in Canda.) I think all the RX available in dealer's lot are premium plus packaged equipped vehicle. BTW, who offered you $1000 off if you special order? Lexus of Silver Spring? Anyways, try Lexus of Annapolis also, cause they offered best price for my RX. They beat other dealer's best price by almost $1000 and they also gave more $ for my trade in. Lindsay, Pohanka, Silver Spring all offered $1000 off only for Navigation models. Rockville only offered $1000 off for black and white models. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for sharing your insights. $1000 off was Rockville.
    Florida has the car, but it's not my color. They've said mine will be in in 3-4 weeks (I guess they know their allocation). I can wait a couple of months for SO.
    Katherine6,
    Here is my email: tristan_rx2004@yahoo.com. Could you email me the sales persons name @ Lexus of Norwood.
    Thanks
    Tristan
  • lmholleylmholley Member Posts: 1
    Hi All

I read a lot of the post (not all, but most) has anyone gotten a good deal on a fully/semi loaded 330 with Nav, Prem. Pk. Any info would be useful. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, but willing to travel to Mich or Ohio for a better deal. Thanks for any info.

L
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    I got a quote of $44878 ($1000 off MSRP) for this RX330, AWD, Premium Plus Package, Navigation system, DVD player, 18" wheels, heated seats with rain sensing wipers, wheels locks and cargo mat. I heard that the dealers are discounting less on RX with navigation. Also, is Lexus offering any owner's loyalty program?
  • myk_amyk_a Member Posts: 70
    I ordered one in Flint Mica/Black interior with Nav last Sept. 20 and was advised by the dealer that it will take about 2 weeks to get to the dealership. I can't wait anymore! The anticipation is killing me! :)

For those who already got theirs, how long did it take? For those who ordered and haven't gotten theirs, how long have you been waiting?
  • jimxojimxo Member Posts: 423
    Someone I know who works for the company emailed me this today:

Hey Jim,
    > Yah, I have been busy latley with the launch of the
    > refreshed LS430.
    > We were in Seattle last week and they showed off the
    > 2005 GS. Let's just
    > say it will be well worth the wait. That is one
    > nice assss car.
    > Very well thought out, There will be an AWD
    > version, not sure if the V6 or
    > the V8 gets it.
    > I have not heard any news of a hybrid
    > Sequoia/Tundra. But as time goes by
    > Toyota/Lexus will introduce hybrids into more and
    > more of the models.
    > So what's new with you???"

I emailed him with lots of questons and this was his reply:

"Hey Jim,

That pic you sent

http://www.autofiend.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&a- mp;a- mp;sid=96

is indeed a doctored up HPX. Doesn't look anything
    the new GS. The new GS is lower and longer. I don't know about power
    output or performance. I do know the base eng will be a V6. What
    struct
    me the most is how clean the car is styled and the interior of the
    vehicle
    as well. I would say the best looking Lexus or Toyota yet. Doesn't look
    like anything esle that Lexus or Toyota has come out with. Nice set of
    wheels as well. Lets just say I can't wait to get mine!!
    The hybrid RX was there as well. That has some performance as well.
    Faster that a BMW X5 V8 and gets 36mpg in the city."

Hopefully some pic's may surface now that the car is in the US.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    That's what Lexus will call the new hybird version of the RX. I received an email from Lexus that the RX400 will debut in Fall 2004. It has the power of V8 engine with compact cars fuel economy.
  • johngreisjohngreis Member Posts: 70
    I'm in central NY and ordered on 9-11-03. I was told it would take 6 to 10 weeks.
    We have only 1 dealer for 75 miles in any direction.

Just realized what my order date was. I hope it holds no significance
This discussion has been closed.