Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dannyle2dannyle2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am from Florida and interesting in the RX330 w/ AWD and Premium package plus. I read in one of the message that the out of the door price was $40750. You think that I can the car for this price in Florida. I am from Sarasota, FL. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank!
  • uis00snuis00sn Member Posts: 18
    Have you tried Lexus of West Palm Beach?
  • keithwandkeithwand Member Posts: 23
    Just inked the lease on the RX330 with $40,958 MSRP.
    0 down/36 mos/12k miles annually for $571.93 a month inc. tax.
    Total out of pocket inc. 1st mo.,doc fee, plate transfer for total of $754.93
    We were given 19K for our 1999 RX300 AWD in white with 43,000 miles.
    Comments please.THis is our 3rd Lexus.
    Good deal or bad?
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Member Posts: 811
    It could be an OK deal...IF none of that $19K for your old RX was applied to the lease capitalization ("cap") cost on the new RX330.

Did the dealer give you a check for $19k in return for your trade - or was it applied somewhere else in the deal?
  • r22549r22549 Member Posts: 42
    MSRP of $41688

$2666 down/15k miles annually/48 months for $525 per month...No Trade...How does this sound..Thanx for any input..I live in the Northeast...
    Got a check for 19K for our 1999 RX300. Nothing was applied, strictly 0 down.
    Dealer also threw in 2,000 extra miles to cover the miles that might be driven to bring back the car for any warranty issues. We moved 250 miles (1 way) away from the dealer since our first 2 purchases and they did this as a courtesy so we would stay with Lexus.
    PS. I replaced my 1999 GS400 with the Acura TL Type S as I did not want to spend 50K again. Great car but the dealer is no Lexus dealer!!!
  • tailhook2003tailhook2003 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone found a "really" good deal w/ a Florida Lexus dealer on an RX 330,fwd, prem.pkg? To buy not to lease.
  • hooperwwhooperww Member Posts: 3
    This is what I worked in Monterey:
    RX330 AWD
    Nav
    Prem Plus Pkg and a few other minor things
    MSRP $44,038
    agreed to $42,000
    $2000 less than MSRP sounds in the ballpark from what I've read here. Any comments?
  • jball99vujball99vu Member Posts: 1
    Looking at RX330 is this area. Anyone buy one recently around Phila. AWD with standard package is what i'm looking at. best deal i've seen is 500-700 off list.
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    If you don't mind the road trip, you could save another $1000 if you check out dealers in the LA area.
  • hooperwwhooperww Member Posts: 3
    From what I've read about prices I think you're right about saving another grand in LA. Of course if my negotiating skills were better I probably could have done the same here. Thanks.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    That looks darn good to me. My wife has an '01 ES300. We leased 6 months before the new body style. It was a zero down deal @ 5+% interest and we pay $540 a month. It was a $35k vehicle bought for $30k. While my decision to do an end-of-the-year, end-of-a-body-style lease was against all the rules of leasing, the old body style has held it's value very well thanks to the the yawning response of he public to the new ES300. I actually have some equity against the $19k residual.
       Anyway, you're bound to have a great interest rate and/or a high residual to get a $41k Lexus with zezo down for $570 a month. Sounds like a heck of a deal to me. You'd have to do a 7 year zero down straight loan @ 5% to get the same payment. What kind of interest rate and residual did you get?
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    When I leased my 01 ES300, the lease people at Lexus had a perk.....they paid the sales tax. In Texas that's 6.5% or nearly $2k on a $30k vehicle if you have no trade (sales tax is calculated on the difference between the trade and the new car price). A good friend who has leased 2 cars from our local Lexus dealer got a no-sales-tax lease both times (on his '99 and '03 RX300). It's a long story but in Texas leasing is a disadvantage due to the sales tax issue. Does this happen anywhere else? It's a heck of a deal.
  • ccheckercchecker Member Posts: 3
    I ordered an RX330 a couple of months ago and was told to expect a November delivery. The vehicle came in early and the dealer wants me to pick up next week. However, Sat 1 Nov is most convenient for me. Apparently there is some cost to the dealer to hold the vehicle past the end of the month into November. Does anyone know enough about this to advise me as to whether there is additional bargaining room for some additional $$ off of my purchase price if I were to agree to pick up in October? If so, any ideas on a figure? Thanks!
  • lehighlexuslehighlexus Member Posts: 94
    No extra room. The salesmen might get a bonus for units or something of that sort. If you liked him, it might be helping him out.
  • lovemylexus1lovemylexus1 Member Posts: 101
    I'm not sure you can get a discount for an early delivery but you shouldn't be charged anything extra for the dealer to hold it on the lot until your original pick-up date. If they do charge, the dealership isn't being very "customer friendly" in my opinion.

You are the customer and Lexus sells itself on customer service. If you can't get to the dealership until November 1st...then they should be more than willing to hold your car.

If it is SO important that they get the vehicle off the lot before November 1st...tell the dealer to deliver it to you at your home or office.
    Lovemylexus has an excellent point. I'm sure they would be more than willing to deliver it to you. I know from experience.
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    Back in 1998 I had put a "hold" on a new Miata, after I had already negotiated a price lower than I originally anticipated. This was the brand new 1999 redesign, with a sticker at $22.9K. The negotiated price was below $19K, maybe $18.8K. This was for the only silver model in his inventory. I was feeling very proud, having worked this negotiation for a couple of weeks.

When we talked on the phone to set the appointment to pick up the car, he asked if I could complete the transaction at the end of the month (within the next 2 days) instead of waiting until the weekend (which started the following month). I replied that I would rather wait until the weekend. After putting me on hold for two minutes, he came back to me with an offer of an additional $100 discount if I didn't wait until the weekend. Yep, even after I thought I squeeked every little profit out of that transaction, he still offered me another $100 to pick it up two days early.

So, yes, sometimes a dealer and/or sales associate is very motivated to complete the sale by the end of the month, depending on his sales quota and bonus structure. My recommendation is to ask your salesperson if HE can motivate YOU to rearrange your professional and personal schedule to accomodate his schedule!! No matter what you ask, the worst thing he can do is say "No, I'm sorry, I cannot help you."
    Don't know the residual or int. rate and did not really care. Shopped 3 dealers which all started at $610.00 a month.
    Told the sales rep whom I had previously bought 2 cars (and hammered pretty well) to go back to the sales manager; tell him to quit playing games as he had one last shot at making a sale. They knew from before that I have no problem walking and pitting one dealer against another. They came back with $571.
    The car is now in and being delv. to us 250 miles away from any Lexus dealer.
  • myk_amyk_a Member Posts: 70
    How much are you NJ folks paying for insurance? I know that there are a lot of variables but just wanted to get a general picture. Thanks!
    Do Lexus Dealerships refund deposits? I read in the document that they don't but I'm getting frustrated now.

I ordered mine 1 month and 2 weeks ago. I was told that it will come in within 2 weeks when I first ordered it. When that didn't happen, they told me it was going to come in today (10/27).

Since I really wanted this LUV, I didn't mind the wait. But now, it's really getting ridiculous and am getting frustrated and impatient. If I don't hear from them today, I'm retracting my purchase/offer.

Does anyone know if this is a valid reason to be able to refund the $2k deposit?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like they have broken their delivery date promise to you so you can argue that your agreement is void and ask for the deposit back. Sounds like a valid reason to me to cancel the deal. The real reason they aren't forking it over is probably because they want to keep you out of the market as long as possible so you won't go buy a Volvo or something.

Try calling your state AG's office or whatever agency handles consumer protection (assuming your state has one). They may be able to help.

Steve, Host
    Thanks! I'll definitely check with them.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Did you sign any paperwork as in a purchase agreement? In our case we also special ordered, but put just $500 down which was completely refundable, even if we had just changed our mind. We were originally told the wait would be 90-120 days, which we didn't mind because we had another perfectly good car to drive. As it turned out, the car was delivered 80 days after the order was placed with Lexus. This was the car we wanted so it was well worth the wait. I know for many such as yourself the process can be very frustrating, but you may try to summon a little more patience since if you do cancel the order you might come to regret it later, unless of course you have since found something else that you would much rather have now instead. At a minimum I would try to get some assurances from your dealer, who should be able to tell you exactly where the car is in the manufacturing/shipping process and give you a pretty narrow range of when you should expect to receive it. Good luck.
    To answer your question: The dealership cannot keep your deposit unless you signed the waiver on the contract. By law, unless you signed that box, you are not obligated to take that vehicle. Check around with other dealerships to see if they have what you are looking for and see if you can get it somewhere else
  • rowemowerowemowe Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone suggest the best way to find out what the current money factor is for a Lexus lease? My concern is that I will get a good price on the 330, but will get a higher M.F. once I tell them that I plan on leasing.

Any advice?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try Lease Questions - Ask Here. Car_man or someone should be able to help.

Steve, Host
    I did sign the paperwork. It wasn't a special order but they did have to locate the vehicle. I guess the frustration comes from the salesperson not giving me a specific date. It's always a time-frame (e.g. next week, in about 3-4 days, etc.).

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind waiting for the delivery but my wife and I are sharing one car. I sold my car the day before I was supposed to take delivery of the RX. That's where the rush is coming from.

Anyway, I contacted the dealership's manager yesterday. He said that he's looking at the computer and it's indicating that the RX is on it's way and should come in on Monday, Nov. 3rd at the latest and today at the earliest.

Given that my wife and I really wanted this specific vehicle, we've given it a chance. Let's wait and see!
    Thanks for the comment. I'll check.
    Good luck - sounds like the dealer is now on top of it. Let us know when you get it and how you like it - hope you find that it was worth waiting for.
    I don't think any lexus dealers bolster the m.f. I know we don't. But you can lower the m.f. by putting down multiple security deposits on your lease. Ask your dealer how it works. If you have the extra money, it really makes sense to go for it. Good luck

myk_a-Your welcome. Let us know when you get it.
    Thank your for your response. I'm glad to hear it's not customary to play around with the m.f.

I've never heard of multiple security deposits before, but then again I never asked. We leased an '01 RX which is coming due in June, so I'm starting my research pretty early.

I'm interested to hear how that works.

Thanks again.
    I finally got it TODAY! It was well worth the wait! I'd like to thank EVERYONE for their insight and support!

By the way, the dealership was offering the Theft Insurance. Did anyone purchase this?
    Congratulations! Color, options and impressions?

What the heck is "Theft Insurance?" Your normal insurance policy covers theft under the comprehensive portion of Physical Damage.
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    Has anybody, before purchasing a 04 RX330, cross shopped it with either an MDX or XC90. My biggest concern is with the cargo (rear seats up) area. Is there ample space to accommodate luggage for 2 adults and 2 kids for a family vacation. A few years back I did look at the RX300 but found the cargo area to be lacking. I would be interested in hearing from others that when through a similar comparison.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • jojoznyjojozny Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I'm just about done w/my Audi A4 Quattro. Came close to RX300 2 yrs ago but something was just missing - now that I have an Audi I really know what missing is! I'm negotiating on both the Benz ML 350 & the RX 330. Any comments/pricing suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    jojo
    vehicles are like purchasing paint sealant or any other garbage. Most insurances are covered under your homeowner's/auto insurance policy. Save your money.

Jojo, avoid the ML like the plague. Unless you buy two of them so you always have at least one out of the shop. And being on LI, you have a bunch of Lexus dealers around you. You should be able to get a good price by going to multiple dealers
  • nv829nv829 Member Posts: 3
    Take a look at the unacceptable amount of entries under ML problems and solutions board- that should answer your questions immediately as to whether to buy the ML350 or RX330. Unfortunately, I did not research those boards before I bought mine. You will see my entry under ML 350 serious defect. My car brakes failed and accelerated. The dealer, manufacturer and lemon lawyers say that it has to happen 3 times before I can get any satisfaction. I am going for the RX 330 now. Compare the red circles of the Lexus rated outstanding to the black holes of Mercedes on the Consumer Reports page. That tells the whole story. Good luck.
    I got an AWD Flint Mica w/ Black Leather Interior. Has Premium Plus Package, 235/55R18 M+S Alloy Wheels/Tires, Heated Front Seats, Rain Sensing Wipers, Headlamp Washers, Navigation System w/ Compass, Rear Back-up Camera, Towing Package, Wheel Locks, and Cargo Mat.

Total w/ delivery, processing, handling fees was $44,038 but purchased it for $43,000 (plus tax, reg, & title). Kbb.com's pricing for my zip & specific options was actually $43,002.00 - saved an extra $2!

:)
    Nice color combination - that's what we would have gotten except my last car (Audi allroad) was the same configuration and we wanted something a little different. We went with Breakwater Blue with Light Gray...ours is otherwise very similar except we have the Performance Pkg, but no wheel locks and cargo mat. Congrats and hope that your ownership experience proves to be as rewarding as ours has been so far - not a single problem or complaint.
  • indiana97indiana97 Member Posts: 58
    Anyone asked a Dealer the most popular colors for the RX330? I would think it could be regional. I would think black would be more popular in MidWest or East coast. Can anyone comment on resale of certain colors. Seems that Bamboo is popular. I am considering black with ivory. Most cars I'm not really crazy about in black but the RX seems really nice. Edmunds does put a + or - on colors when they figure target price. So many of the other colors seem quite similar. Thanks for any comments.
    On another site, a poll of RX330 owners shows that Flint Mica is the most popular exterior color choice, at least in that sample of about 150 cars. The second most popular is silver, and then the black, Breakwater Blue and white are all pretty close. The least popular is the Black Forest Pearl.

For interior colors it is running black, light gray and ivory in that order.
    The color that we sell well more than any other color is Savannah. Then it is silver, breakwater, white, black, flint, neptune, bamboo, and black forest.
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Member Posts: 42
    RX 330 Bamboo Pearl - I was told that it is a nice color I tried to see/investigate but with no luck even when I was in Florida. Please comment about bamboo pearl. Thanks
    anyone figure out what inventory tax for and why is it added here in Tx.

is sales tax calculated whatever the diff after the trade in and the actual price of the car or calculated from original car price?
    Thanks
    with edmund's color adjustment +/- - so if its
    -100 thus it means less popular and +68 means more popular color? thanks
  • johnnieliujohnnieliu Member Posts: 34
    Neptune blue and black forest pearl are not necessarily the least popular color, but its the hardest colors to get because of availability. Our dealer informed us that Lexus did not build that many vehicles with these 2 colors. Our dealer further mentioned that Lexus might discontinue these 2 colors.
    hello!
    saw that u got the pearl bambo color rx330 do you like the color? I never seen bamboo pearl and they are offering me that color with ivory interior.
  • lovemylexus1lovemylexus1 Member Posts: 101
    I absolutely LOVE the color. I also have the ivory interior... and it, too, is fabulous. I am not a huge fan of wood trim but the lighter color bird's eye maple that comes with the Ivory interior is very nice.

Below is a copy of a posting I placed on the other RX 330 list.

***I have the Bamboo Pearl with Ivory interior and I LOVE it. I have taken to calling it chameleon. green.

It is a hard color to describe. It has a green undertone (versus the gold undertone on the Savannah) but the color changes in different light. On really cloudy days, the RX has a greenish undertone. On the show room floor, parts of the car appeared to have a pink cast. In my garage, the car takes on a bit of blue parked next to our Pewter C230. In bright sunlight, the RX looks silver. Most of the time I would describe it as a greenish-silver.

My dealer tried to get me to buy the Savannah but I made them go three two states away for the Bamboo Pearl. I have no regrets.***

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.