Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    Yes Donna the warranty is from Lexus, not from the dealership so they would have to honor it. BTW, we paid with a personal check.
  • donnadonna Member Posts: 23
    On the printout from Westside Lexus they list C1 (I know there is a CL - dynamic Laser Cruse control) but nowhere can I find C1. Does anyone know what this is?
  • dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    Greetings all,
    trying to buy wife a new AWD RX330,we went to dealer in NH to look at 03 RX300's with low miles but all sold out so she drove a RX330 and loved it.
     Here is the deal we where offered (one price shop no-haggle) A 04 new Flint Mica with Black leather,AWD,premium plus,rs wipers,18 inch wheels,m/s heated seats.MSRP=41838 price offered was 39739 (-2109).From reading posts on here it would seem that we could do a good bit better(closer to -4000 off list).Help!Please......This is only dealer in NH adn he had many of them sold, but we would be willing to travel(drive or maybe even fly) for another $1900 off.
    Many Thanks in advance for advice or help
    feel free to email or post.Dave K
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I had a terrible experience with Houston Area lexus dealers (especially SM Lexus on 59S). Any way similar to lexus the infiniti dealers here did not want to play ball on price I bought my FX from dallas and have no problems getting it serviced locally. I'm sure Lexus would be the same way.
    I do not have my SUV yet but I have an email saying that WestSide Lexus in Houston would sell me my RX 330 with the following options:

Model: 2004 Lexus RX 330
    Exterior Color: Bamboo Pearl
    Interior Color: Light Gray
    2WD with
    Premium Plus
    Navigation w/rv camera
    18 inch wheels
    Heated seats w rain/s wipers
    Towing pack
    Cargo mat and Wheel lock

for $39,000 +TTL. Also, they would tint my front windows. WestSide is going to provide me for the first 2 years or 25,000 miles of maintenance for free. They only provide for the first 2 years or 20,000 miles of oil changes, at some other dealers and there is a difference. For example WestSide will pay for the 15,000 mile service which is $325, others only pay for the oil and filter change you must pay for the rest. The oil and filter change is a very small part of the charge. So, WeatSide can sell me the car for $39,000 plus tax title and license and I get all of their services with it and no hidden charges.

I didn't want the 18" tires but 4 dealers said that they all are coming with the 18" tire. The cost for a 18" tire is $60 higher and I didn't think it was worth it. The $39,000 is more than $4,000 below MSRP unless I figured wrong. Hope I don't have any of the problems some of you have had.

I want to thank the many emails I have received. They all have helped me. I also want to thank Edmunds for providing this service. It has been a great learning experience.
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Member Posts: 42
    What is your MSRP? I think MSRP on your options probably runs around 42+ and less than 43000.00 not sure what the exact amount! if thats the case its less than 4000.00 below MSRP around 3500.00 -
    but if the service you are talkign about is really true thats a good service since most of the dealership on have 2 free service 1000 and then the 5000 service! no free oil change after that or free maintenance at all.
    let us know
    I received an email last night from my salesman requesting a call to charge a deposit. I was unable to do this and hope to hear from him this morning. I refigured the cost and think I will be paying $3,630 below the MSRP of $35,175. The MSRP amount I was using included the $625 destination charge. Anyway, I could not have done it without the help of your emails to me. In my email to the salesman I asked that the floor mats and net for the back be included for the $39,000. I could not get this package from the Dallas, Plano, nor Austin dealer.

I hope to pick it up next Wednesday and will email how it ends up.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Congrats. I have heard good things about westside. Enjoy your new Lexus :)
     I was hoping to charge more to my Visa card, I get money back, but $2,000 is all allowed. I should pick up the RX 330 next Tuesday. It should be delivered to the dealer this Sunday. I found out that it was made in Canada but the salesman said that they haven't had any problems with any they have received from the Canadian plant.
  • kentuck100kentuck100 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all of you who have been posting pricing and negotiating info on this message board. I've been watching the site and was able to benefit from your experiences. In return, I'm posting my purchase info here too, to help future RX 330 owners.

I just closed a deal on a RX 330, Metallic Silver/Black Leather, AWD, Premium Plus Package with heated seats, headlight wipers, tow prep, cargo mat and wheel locks for $38,500 before tax and title (MSRP was $41,838).

My local dealer quoted me $39,176, and I then proceeded to blastfax 6 other dealers within 2 hours drive to get their quotes. I included my preferred color combinations, and told them I wanted to take delivery by 3/31 (the end of Toyota Motor Corp's fiscal year).

Best quote I got was $37,800 on a Bamboo Pearl/Ivory model comparably equipped (2-3 hours away). Obviously an outstanding price. However, I couldn't find a Silver/Black model (which was my preferred choice) anywhere. I kept working with my local dealer, who finally agreed to locate a silver/black combo for me and gave me the $38,500 offer. This dealer will wash your car every Saturday for free (April-Oct), and give you bagels while you wait. My husband said he'd bring both our kids and give me an hour of quiet time on Saturdays -- bonus!!!

So I took the deal. Not an outstanding price, but a good one. Car washes and free time Saturday mornings included gratis!!

As they say in the Mastercard ads, "Some things in life are priceless!"
  • lubdhaklubdhak Member Posts: 15
    I bought mine from Lexus of Watertown in MA end of Feb. I got >4k off on MSRP. I also had a very pleasant experience without any hassle. PLease let me know if you are still interested and I can gie you the name of the person I dealt with.

Thanks
  • balsamsbabebalsamsbabe Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased FWD model Black/Ivory. MSRP 40,438 for 35,700. FWDs almost gone in this area. We wanted Bamboo/Ivory but couldn't find it. Great experience at this dealership. They beat a quote we brought in from another local dealer and we drove the car home 3 days later.
  • fleetfootfleetfoot Member Posts: 4
    This seems like a "no-brainer," based on what I've seen on this board already (thanks to all of you who've posted), but thought to run it by all you experienced buyers on the board:

In New England:

AWD
    Prem Plus Pkg
    Htd Sts/Rain Sens Wipers
    18" wheels
    Towing Pkg
    Cargo Mat/Wheel locks

$37,600 + TTL
  • ukulele2ukulele2 Member Posts: 21
    Can you e-mail me the name of the dealer at Watertown? My e-mail addy is drlennox@verizon.net

Thank you
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's ok to post dealer names and locations (just no contact info, phone numbers and the like).

thanks,

Steve, Host
  • mvb8500mvb8500 Member Posts: 7
    Hi All:

My wife and I recently purchased a Silver/Black Rx 330. MSRP was $44,188. We also had the dealer install a remote starter and negotiated in an extra service. Total MSRP was $45,000
    We paid $40,605. The package includes:

Premium Plus Package
    Navigation
    Rear Camera
    18 inch Wheels
    Dual Stage heated front seats/rain sensing wipers (HH Package)
    Tow Package
    Cargonet/Mat/Wheel Locks
    Remote Starter
    Extra Service (10/11k)

We live on Long Island and have 4 area dealers. Two are owned by the same person. I had all 4 compete and added a NJ dealer to the mix.

A strange fact about the process was the two dealerships owned by the same person gave the best prices. Another strange fact was that between the two dealerships with the same owner, we received two different prices. Of course we went with the lower price. We were told that the dealer we bought from was new and could offer better prices.

I have a question. At the time of delivery, I asked about the Cargonet that was listed on my contract. Dealer said that the RX 330 does not come with a Cargonet. The dealer said it was an honest mistake and should not have been listed. Is this true?
    Hi all,
     yes please email name of contact at Watertown lubdhak ,also any one else who was able to get 4k off,please feel free to forward as well.So far the two cardirect quotes are comming at at 3k and 2990 off sticker of 41838.From reading here we suspect we can do a bit better.
    Hoping to do better and anxious to get wife in her RX330.
    our email is dmkemp@conknet.com
    Looks like we got our first Lexus,a RX330.
    We test drove one last Sunday,loved it of course (so much better fit finish and ride than the EB Explorer,Envoy and Mountianneer we drove.Local dealer,very nice but could only go 1900 off list.Came home read posts here and posted ourselves.Tonight,Thursday,gave deposit over phone with dealer in MA (will be happy to post name after we pick up next week or email),a few calls a number of emails and we ended up at 37500 (4338 off list of 41838)for AWD RX330,premium plus,r/s wipers,ms seats,18inch wheels,tow pkg,mats.
    Thank you all for emails and imput,this works!
    Why pay more with a little knowledge and research anyone can do this.Great site !
    Congratulations on your purchase. I agree -- it is amazing the impact consumer knowledge and healthy competition has on the car buying experience.
  • alolewisalolewis Member Posts: 36
    I did not get a cargonet with my RX330 which I picked up a month ago.
    Thanks for the information. Do you now if the RX330 can be suited with a cargonet? The dealer said the RX 330 does not come with the "hooks" to string up the cargonet. So it looks like I might have to look into an after-market solution.

The reason I am interested is because we occasionally travel with our dog and I was considering placing him the back of the RX330. I was thinking of using the cargonet to block him from climbing on the rear seats.

Thanks
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    I'm still waiting for my RX so I'm not sure if it comes with one but...

...I've had many cars with a cargo net. The cargo net runs width-wise at the opening of the liftgate/trunk. It is useful for putting shopping bags in so they don't move around and is about 18" high.

I can't imagine how it would help with dogs unless you were going to put them IN the net, which would not be nice.
    No I would not put my dog in the cargonet. I have also had trunk cargonets. However, the RX 330 is a truck so the trunk is the space behind the back seats.

I planned on using the cargo net to extend above the back seat headrest to the roof. This would create a cargonet wall that would prevent the dog from jumping over the back seats (from the cargo area of the truck)
  • brooklynbrooklyn Member Posts: 3
    Purchased RX330 AWD Black exterior & interior
    premium plus package
    Heated seats/Rain Sens Wipers
    18" wheels
    Towing Pkg
    Cargo Mat/Wheel locks

$38,000 before tax, license & fees

All dealers said invoice was $37,200 and MSRP was $41,698

I would have been able to do $500 better if I settled for black and ivory interior but I wanted black. Dealership I purchased from was Ray Catena Lexus in Oakwood NJ. Got better offers in NYC and Long Island but as I said they did not have the black interior. Don't pay more. It appears the larger the drealership the more room they have to negotiate.

Also financing. Apparently the financing rates ARE negotiable as long as you have a written quote. Lexus offered 5.15% apr on 72 month lease but I received 4.59% from Capital One on-line. After going back and forth a couple of times between the 2, I ended up paying 3.85% from Capital One. Everything is negotiable.
  • jeevesjeeves Member Posts: 2
    Wanted to know what price has a recent buyer paid for a 2004 RX 330 AWD with Navigation and DVD and Mark Levison Sound (Premium) in Michigan.
    What I was saying was that SUV cargo nets work the same as the trunk ones. There would be no way to attach it to the roof or the tops of the seats to make it a cargo gate.

I've actually found the cargo nets in my SUVs to be much less useful than the ones in the trunks of my cars. With the SUV, I have to dettach the net every time I want to haul anything or even put a suitcase in.
    Lexus Financial (in fact no company I know of) does not offer a 72 month lease. The highest they go is 60 months. Of course any lease over 48 months on a vehicle with a 48 month warranty would be ill advised.
  • vetpathologistvetpathologist Member Posts: 30
    I am interested in the same package, so I would like to know if it was FWD or AWD. Any chance they will come down on the price if they dont have my color choices.
    The model we purchased was AWD.

MSRP was $44,188. We negotiated down to $40,200. I also wanted the remote starter. Dealer MSRP on the starter $700. I offered $40,500 for car with the starter. Dealer counter with a price of $40,605. I said at that price I also want the starter and a extra service thrown in. Dealer agreed. So the total price was $44,188 plus $700 dollars for starter plus $125 for Service = MSRP $45013. We paid $40,605.

As Far as color goes... We originally thought we wanted Black/Black. The dealer told us that vehicle was hard to locate. I found out that Toyota's production practice creates a situation were only a small percentage of Black/Black color combos are produced. So don't let a dealer tell you you have to pay more because it is popular. It has nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the preset production allotment.

The dealer said we might have to pay more if we wanted Black /Black, however, the salesperson said to make the deal he would bend on the color. Before going into the dealership to complete the deal, we walked through the lot and looked at the RX's in black and silver. We liked the silver better. So we bought the silver.

You can use your color preference as leverage. Even if the dealer says your color preference is hard to locate and/or you might have to pay a premium. You can counter that you will settle for and alternative color package but the dealer must provide an additional discount. An even better solution is to find another dealership that has the color combo you want and use it as leverage. If you use this alternative it works like magic. Prices drop and all-of-a-sudden the dealership can get the exact vehicle you want.

Price - If you look at our deal (without the starter and extra service) the price was $40,200. At that price, I had three dealerships tell me that they could not match it and one tell me it would be very close. Since it is the end of the month, and from what I understand, Toyota's fiscal year ends 3/31, I think you could do $500 better. I would target $39,800.

Good luck.
  • brooklynbrooklyn Member Posts: 3
    my mistake. 72 month purchase financing.
  • bsaundersbsaunders Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Maryland/DC area, there are 4 main dealerships in the area, ALL the dealerships are not trying to budge from 42k with the Nav. and Prem package. They are saying that this car is "HOT" and I won't get it cheaper..I see people are getting this car at a cheaper price, please let me know if anyone in this area is buying the car cheaper or should I go to NY or MA, because it seems like they are getting the best deals. any suggestions?
    Although we ordered the car on 3/1/04, we just did the paperwork today. Supposedly it is being built tomorrow (4/1) and will be here by 4/12/04. What a process this ordering is, it was supposed to be built on 3/8 originally. Anyway here is the deal here in Atlanta:

2004 RX330 AWD
    Savanna/Ivory
    Base MSRP: 32,367 + 625 Dest = $32,992.00
    Mark Levinson/Navigation Package ($6,770)
    Preferred Accessory Package (158)
    Towing Package (160)
    Heated Seats/rain-sensing wipers (665)
    18" Wheels (215)

Total MSRP: 45,168
    Total Invoice: 39,390

Negotiated Price: 42,995

I feel I got a good deal especially as this is the second go around (we originally were going to buy an LS but when it got here the color was terrible (Moonlight Pearl) and we didn't like any other LS colors.) and they have provided us with a loaner since 2/14/04.

Absolutely great, great service and people at Nalley Lexus Marietta.
    I would check-out some internet sites, (look at previous messages to find the sites etc. Cars Direct,Invoice Dealers ....) If the internet price is lower, tell your local dealerships.

Also, look to see if your local dealers have websites. If so, the dealer will usually offer "Special" internet prices. The "Special" price is usually lower than the initial sales offer BUT you should still negotiate down from this "Special" price. The sales people you dealt with at the dealers will most likely compete with the "Special" price.

Once you get the ball rolling, see which dealer drops the price to your satisfaction.
    Agree with mvb6500,once you get the ball rolling it tends to go lower.Also would check internet for other dealers,very pleased with both our price and buying experience.Did not get the nav or M/L (dealer said in only one 1 came thru with that in a year with 50+ units a month).Picked ours up yesterday and love it!
  • katherine6katherine6 Member Posts: 61
    bsaunders - try Lexus of Rockville, MD. Another poster got a good price there back in August, and I got a very good quote but eventually bought in MA. If you want more specific info, let me know you've posted your email address in your profile and I'll send specifics.
    katherine
  • bsaundersbsaunders Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Katherine, I will check the Rockville Lexus, didn't know they had one...What part of MA did you buy your RX and did you have it delivery or you went to pick it up? What was the "out the door" cost, if you don't mind me asking... Also, I will check the internet specials...Thanks!
  • katherine6katherine6 Member Posts: 61
    I started this and it vanished. I bought in Norwood MA and paid about 3,200 below MSRP and then paid 5% MA sales tax. I posted exact numbers here back in Aug-Sept. Another poster here just bought in Watertown, MA (Lexus of Watertown) and paid about 4,200 below MSRP. Check out post 884.

I live in MA but would have bought in DC area because I have a daughter who lives there and I could have combined a visit with car pick up.
    good luck,
    katherine
  • donkeypunchdonkeypunch Member Posts: 3
    Purchased the following last night at Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg:

-Rx330 AWD
    -Silver/Black
    -Mark Levinson/Navigation Package ($6,770)
    Preferred Accessory Package (158)
    Heated Seats/rain-sensing wipers (665)
    18" Wheels (215)
    - 10k and 15k service (oil changes)
    - rubberized mats at cost

Total MSRP: 45,168
    Purchase Price before TTL: $41,000

Traded in an ML320 at KBB "good" rating. The deal stood with or without the trade. Wife's new car.

I actually printed and brought in previous posts regarding recent purchases. (regardless of where they were made in the U.S.)

Thanks for all the info!
    Did you have to order yours? Mine is taking forever just to have them build it and it's being built in Canada.
  • imola2189imola2189 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased ours at Lexus of Riverside:

RX 330 AWD,
    Crystal White with Ivory leather,
    Nav pkg,
    DVD (RES),
    Towing pkg,
    HID Lights,
    Heated Seats/rain-sensing wipers,
    18" Wheels (Chrome Lexus rims),
    Lojack.

Final price 42,000 + Tax and License.
    hi Katherine,
     we are the posters of 884 and yes we did buy an new RX330 at Watertown Lexus,and got a very nice experience with a great price(MSRP 41838,we payed 37500 + 50 doc fee nothing more = 4338 off list),more than happy to email our contact there to anyone who wants it.Two days with new car and love it,wish it would stop raining so we could really enjoy the flint mica color,at least r/s wipers are getting work out.
    D and G
  • ramarama Member Posts: 10
    I am about ready to purchase an RX330. I have two issues to resolve before I set out. First, I don't need the AWD but wonder if there is any reason to get it (resale, etc.) Also, I'm guessing most of the available models on the lot will have AWD?

Second issue is the 18' wheels. I have seen some say the ride is harsher but the "look" is better, along with perhaps slightly better handling. My question is just how much harsher/noisier will the 18" wheels be?
  • windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    What's on the lot depends a lot on where you live. Here in Texas about 90% of what's on the lots is FWD. However I looked in Denver in November and Cincinnati in December and EVERYTHING they had was AWD, so it depends on local market conditions. I don't think you'll find an RX 330 with anything other than the 18" wheels though.
  • ramarama Member Posts: 10
    visited today, 90% are FWD so no problem, that is really what I preferred and all have 18" wheels, again no problem

I was quoted $37,600 in Birmingham for:
    FWD
    Premium Plus
    2 level heated seats
    18"
    towing package
    wheel locks
    cargo mat
    this is based on MSRP of $40,538

Based on my review of the board, a good price is more like $36,500. I will have to resort to out of town dealers.
  • demars581demars581 Member Posts: 16
    My dad's lease on his 2001 MB ML320 ends in early July 2004. He test drove the RX330 and really liked it. Would anyone who leases be willing to share their lease stats (down payment, monthly payment)? Back in early February the salesman gave us a rough estimate of $595/month with nothing down on a model with the Premium Plus Package, heated seats with rain sensing wipers, and the 18 inch wheels.

Thanks!
    Matt
    The main variables in leasing are the agreed upon price (Capitalized Cost,) lease term and miles.

You can find the Lexus Money Factor by asking over on the leasing board. You can also ask the resdidual % (as long as you give length of term and miles per year).

The most important factor is the Cap Cost. You should be able to get the same deal as everyone else and that is the place you have the most negotiating power.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Lease Questions - Ask Here is one good discussion over there.

Check out our Lease Calculator too.

Steve, Host
  • finch3finch3 Member Posts: 113
    At Johnson Lexus, FWD, Premium plus, memory, towing, auto wipers, racks,power rear door, special steering wheel. 18" wheels, mats,
    $37,000. I doubt I'd go across the street to save only $500. This isn't a game, it's only buying a truck!
    I picked up my RX 330 yesterday afternoon and they offered me several things which I declined. The price was as quoted for the options I wanted. If you want to see what options I got go to my posted messages. I had the windows tinted for the $39,000 (Do you know what they charge to do this?) and was told not to roll them down for 4-5 days. I didn't think about that and took the tow road home. I had to open the door, unseatbelt and throw in the quarters that my son-in-law had given me twice on the way home.
     I hope I can use regular gas and not have to buy premium since the price of gas is so high.

• ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    Donna: Congratulations on your purchase! Please keep us updated on your opinion of the RX over the course of the next few months.

Host: Hi Host Steve, I don't know where I would make this comment but just to through in my two cents. How about in the future Edmunds look into establishing a standard form for the 'Price paid and Buying experience Boards". In that way when one wants to pull up information on a specific model w/certain options etc. they can just do a search and pull up only the vehicles related to the ones they are interested in. For instance I have been following the board for a few months now monitoring prices paid for two vehicles. 1I find it daunting to have to go through and reread every post as they all do not pertain directly to the price of new purchases; or they aren't detailed enough to be useful to a future buyer. Maybe by standardizing this information it would be easier for us future buyers to decipher relevent information. If there is something like this in place already please let me know, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.