Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3

Comments

• waterwitchwaterwitch Member Posts: 7
    Well if you're gonna be muddin', then get the adventure package. Davenport is very far from you. I used to live in Princeton, Illinois years ago, and Davenport was a good hour west. Good Luck.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    As a former GM employee I can tell you since I have bought a number of company cars that the warranty starts when the vehicle is put into service not when it is titled. If this was a show vehicle then GM put it into service. It is the same thing as the GM buick vehicles that are used by the Golfers when they are in Mich. for the big Golf Terniment. These vehicles still belong to GM but are put in service and then dealers bid on them and are sold as used with only a few hundred miles. So my guess is the dealer is correct when he says the warranty has started.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Thanks - I found the same thing at Subaru:

"Warranty coverage begins on the date the car is delivered to the first retail purchaser. If the car was used as a demonstrator or company vehicle before being sold at retail, warranty coverage begins on the date the car was first placed in such service." link

VW used to have a proviso for extending the warranty on a demo, and may still have:

vwguild, "Volkswagen Passat: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #465, 25 Jan 2001 7:16 pm

So there's more ammo for getting the price knocked down on a demo. :P

Steve, Host
  • wordstewwordstew Member Posts: 9
    Can someone tell me where the signal flasher and warning flasher relays are located.
    What do they look like??
    I am looking for the relays but can't seem to find them

Thanks in advance for your help
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Happy Friday!

Does anyone have any GMID certificates left? A co-worker of mine is in the market and needs help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • mooregourmetmooregourmet Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to lease an H3 but the dealer will not budge much on the price. I was wondering if anyone has an extra GMID certificate I could use. I would really appreciate the help.
    Thank you.
  • mibtpmibtp Member Posts: 5
    Hi Bob,

Just read your posting. Which dealer in LA finally accepted the GMID?

Thanks.
    Patrice
  • mibtpmibtp Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the link but I live in Los Angeles. Need to buy here. Have decided to wait and get the H3x. The luxury package has expanded on the H3x so that you get the crome steps, bars on top of vehicle and more as part of the package.

Patrice
  • imacimac Member Posts: 2
    Are there any good dealers in San Francisco Bay Area? Want to get the Luxury and Off Road package. Plus DVDs for the rear seats. Do they offer DVD as Hummer option or Dealer option? What should be my target price? Thanks!
    Here's your target:

True Market Value

You should be able to beat TMV since you are researching, but you may have to work at it a bit harder in the Bay Area. Get some free dealer quotes from the main Edmunds.com page too.

Steve, Host
  • ksolesksoles Member Posts: 19
    I wish there was a way to upload attachments here. I have the "2007 H3 Initial Pricing" sheets in a pdf. If anyone wants to see and price out a 2007 H3 email me and I will reply with the file.

There has been a good increase on base and some options/packages! If you were holding off for the H3X, your looking at $40k for just a H3X with Auto before even adding one option!
    You could save it as a jpg file with some graphic programs, and then post it in a photo album over on our CarSpace.com site. Log in with your Edmunds user name and password to set your CarSpace page up (here's mine for example).

Steve, Host
  • rocxan03rocxan03 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any recent buying experience in the DC area? Is the H3 going closer to TMV or Invoice?
  • gilmbgilmb Member Posts: 1
    I am not very good at negociating a car. Can a kind soul help me by providing me a GMID?
    I am ready to lease a H3. Any help will be appreciated. :)
    Here's some reading material for you while waiting for responses:

Leasing Tips

Confessions of a Car Salesman

Have fun shopping!

Steve, Host
  • mln2963mln2963 Member Posts: 4
    I got mine last week from- RICHARD.OTTGM.COM
  • h3shopperh3shopper Member Posts: 11
    I'm ready to buy a 2006 H3. A copy of the window sticker is below. Clearly, the MSRP is $ 37,760. Invoice on-line comes up as $ 34,173.00. Dealer tells me the invoice is $ 35,415.70. Says difference is advertising. GMID pricing is $ 34,669.

Can someone validate this advertising fee? I've had dealers try to recoup a few hundred, but the difference between the on-line invoice and what they claim is invoice is about $ 1,200 ????

Based on what I've read, the GMid is the way to go. If someone could hook me up with a GMid it would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $ 28,935.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
    4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANS W/
    STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
    $ 1,695.00
    CHROME APPEARANCE PACKAGE INCL:
    CHROMED EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLES
    CHROMED EXTERIOR MIRROR CAPS
    $ 400.00
    POWER SUNROOF
    $ 950.00
    CHROMED ALUMINUM 16" WHEELS
    $ 900.00
    CHROME TUBULAR ASSIST STEPS
    $ 695.00
    LUXURY PACKAGE INCL:
    1ST ROW LEATHER SEATING
    SURFACES, 2ND ROW LEATHER
    APPOINTED SEATING
    8-WAY POWER AND LUMBAR SEAT
    (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
    HEATED SEAT CUSHION AND BACK
    (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
    LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL,
    SHIFT KNOB AND BOOT
    AM/FM 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER
    7 SPEAKER MONSOON SYSTEM W/
    AMPLIFIER AND REAR WOOFER
    SPEAKERS
    (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
    OVERSIZED FRONT CARPETED
    FLOOR MATS W/MATCHING TRIM
    OVERSIZED REAR CARPETED
    FLOOR MATS W/MATCHING TRIM
    OVERSIZED CARGO AREA CARPETED
    FLOORMAT
    $ 3,230.00
    TRAILER HITCH AND WIRING
    HARNESS
    $ 390.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $ 8,260.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 37,195.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $565.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $37,760.00
  • bobandangiebobandangie Member Posts: 1
    We just drove our new H3 home today. They tried to tack on $984 of some weird charge that they were "going" to try to claim was for advertising or God knows what. We shut them down by informing them we knew all about hold backs and car sales techniques. (I lied...hell they do so why shouldn't I...and told them my brother sells cars in California).

There is no such thing as adding on an advertising fee...just tell them that they should have used the holdback for that, after all that is what GM gives it to them for in part. Stick to your guns. These Hummer salesman are slick and have a great rap. Look up your pricing on Edmunds.com and stick to your guns. They will even tell you that Edmunds is lying and that they are leading car buyers astray...just laugh and say "no worse than carslaesmen so". Their job is to make as much as they can...never show fear or doubt...they are like sharks and can smell the blood!!!!!!! I told our salesman that he could meet our price or we would just wait till July and come back with a GMID.......the thing that made it work was that he knew we meant it and would wait (never seem toooooo excited). So today I drove home my new car that I was indeed VERY excited about and truly didn't think I could wait till July for (I am a girl and we don't wait well LOL).

Hope you get a fair deal and that you lover yours as much as we love ours already!

Angie
    I'm not sure what you mean by adding on the ad fee, but if it's on the invoice, it's considered legit by Edmunds (link). Even if the fee is legit, it (like a tacked on ad fee) is still negotiable.

But instead of arguing with the dealer about ad fees, holdback and all the other line items, you can just focus on the out-the-door price and let the dealer worry about how they want to allocate your money. That way the subject of ad fees never needs to come up. Sounds like you enjoyed the process though! :shades:

Please setup your CarSpace.com page and post some pics, and congrats on the new H3!

Steve, Host
  • scalpelbladescalpelblade Member Posts: 7
    Ive been in contact with a Hummer dealership and was told the MSRP of a vehicle was $33,885. The price with the GMID discount is $31,386.28....so that is a discount of 2499? I thought that the GMID was around 3k. Does this seem a lil low to anyone?
    Just got off the phone with dealer.
    Zero Percent Financing is here !!

Expected the announcement by the 30th, but evidently, it's here now. Check with your dealer.
  • overtovert Member Posts: 4
    Greetings

I'm new to this H3 forum , however i do check into the Chevy Uplander forum as my wife owns one. I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado ext Z-71 and the lease runs out in appox 9 months. I have done the research on the 2007 model and the extra H.P for the new engine is what i'm looking for. Everything about the H3 has sold me on leasing a 2007. What i guess i need is some feedback from current owners on how they like the H3. I have gone over some of the past comments on this forum , but alot of the comments deal with pricing and not too much on what type of problems they have had , if any at all. Any info would be apprecited. Thanks.
    Why not stop by the Colorado forums as they are the same thing. I have a Colorado Crewcab and the biggest thing I hate about it which would/should be the same on the H3 is the air conditioner. It is computer controled and not much freon in it so there are complants about the cooling.
    Here's the link:

Chevrolet Colorado

Steve, Host
  • smokinclattersmokinclatter Member Posts: 40
    What about the A/C ? I'm in the south and the A/C is critical.
  • dwpcdwpc Member Posts: 159
    We had our dark green H3 in Arizona with 100 degrees temps two weeks ago. The H3's a/c was plenty cold. Never had to set the fan above Low. And we still got 18mpg. H3 really doesn't have much in common with the Colorado p/u byond the 5-cyl engine.
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    Hi all, I have a dealer that wants to charge $1,395 for a factory remote starter. I think this is way too much for a remote start since most GM remote starters are $500 or less for their other cars. Plus my wife got an after market put on her Xterra for less than $500 as well. It not even like I want the remote starter either, but since it here there I'll take it, but not at $1,395 that for sure. How much should I tell him I'll pay for it?
    You mean you're actually still talking to this guy?

For $ 1,395.00, the dealer should drive over to your house each morning and start the H3 for you. A remote starter?
    C'mon.. this is a $ 299.00 maximum item. Go to Circuit city. Your dealer sounds like a thief. But seriously, a remote starter? Does the car get that hot or cold that you can't warm it up or cool it down yourself?
    Never had one have ya? Also you must live where it don't get cold. Here in Michigan I have started my Trailblazer after a ice storm and let it warm up for about 15 min. Scraped off the ice and was gone while everyone else hadn't got a 1/3 of the ice off their windows. Also those 90 degree days in my black TB takes along time to really cool it. I got my starter with alarm for less than $400 for the viper which is top of the line. :P
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    Well I did buy the H3 and got the remote starter for $500. I paid 31000 OTD for a base with a few add on. I also got the 0.0 over 5 years too with the suppliers discount too. It bright yellow!
  • bummerh3bummerh3 Member Posts: 3
    my a/c on my 2006 H3.... on a hot day when my a/c is running it appears that "smoke" is coming out of my vents. it looks like a white foggy substance. anyone else having this problem? also have had a few issues with messages coming up like "stab system failed" "service 4WD" and then I take it to dealer and they find nothing wrong! any coments would be appreciated....I am in NY (long island).
    thanks!
    Tracy
  • pep1pep1 Member Posts: 4
    I've had the 'smoke' coming out of my vents on previous vehicles. It was explained to me that it was water vapor fro extreme humidity. I only noticed it when I had my A/C on max!
  • bosshoss1bosshoss1 Member Posts: 18
    Try using search. Post 816 if I recall correctly has some info.

Still 1 left this month

Paul
  • dowen21dowen21 Member Posts: 4
    Hey gang,
    I am new here and haven't through the archives, so I apologize if this question has come up already.
    I own an '06 H3, bright yellow, every option gorgeous mini-beast, so far I have loved it. That is until I was driving it to work last week and as I got to speed on the highway a faint "hum" started in the area of the cab-lights. As I sped up, the hum turned into a roar. I opened the sun roof and was able to feel the plastic casing or bar across the top that the lights are attached to. That bar was vibrating like heck. The noise alone was enough to drive me crazy, so it was the service road for me all the way to work....15 miles at 45 MPH...arghhh.
    Anyway, I took it to the local Chevrolet Dealership, (Waco doesn't have a Hummer dealer) and after a few hours of them looking at it they called and told me that they couldn't fix it. They said that Hummer is supposed to come out with a fix "in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year"...until then they told me to "deal with it". When I went to pick up my vehicle, I went over the guys desk that had worked on it and told him that I didn't think it was right that I have a 35 thousand dollar vehicle that I can't drive on the highway, and he just wants me to "deal with it". He was very apologetic, but entirely unhelpful. He just repeated that since it was not a safety issue, I would have to put up with the noise until GM decides to fix it.

Have any of you guys had this problem also?
    I am just curious.
    I really love my truck and I have always been a "GM guy", but this little episode has me boiling.
    Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,
    DOwen.
    Deal with it? The next sound that guy should be hearing is "repeat, that's a whopper with cheese" because he should working at Burger King rather than on your car. I would suggest calling Hummer Customer Service and opening up a ticket on this issue. Ask them to escalate the call. I'd imagine that they should have a field engineer or similar to handle this type of complaint. Sounds like a potential safety issue too. Perhaps NHSTA will help get you some attention -- but start with Hummer Cust. Serv. first. I just had a small issue and they resolved it very quickly.

Good luck. ;)
    Hey thanks bud,
    I will contact the corporate heads tomorrow. After being given the "deal with it" line of BS I kinda figured my next option would be dealing directly with Hummer. I hate it that it looks like I will have to raise holy hell with Hummer. It shouldn't be that way, but it is maddening beyond belief to spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle that I can't even drive down a highway.

Thanks again bud,
    DOwen.
    Remember sugar gets you more than vinigar. Go in with a cool calm collected voice. It helps if you write down what you want to say and what youexpect from them. Explain that you spent a lot of money and you don't feel that you have to just deal with it. By any chance does the roof lights move forward and back on a track. I know on my trailblazer with sunroof I had to adjust the roof rack bars to get it so there wasn't that same kind of noise.
    Hey, thanks for the reply.
    No, the cab lights are fixed in place.
    I spoke to a Hummer dealership in Dallas earlier, and he told me that Hummer is not even offering the cab light option any more, because of this problem. That gives me hope that Hummer is acknowledging the problem at least...
    Thanks again,
    DOwen.
  • joeyags21joeyags21 Member Posts: 4
    i have the H3 with the 6 disk in dash monsoon radio system, i want to add my xm subscription to the radio so i dont have the ugly external unit on my dash, i was told at the dealer that all they had to do was pull the radio and add a chip to it in order for me to have xm as an option when i press the band button, the problem was that they want $400 for this chip, does anyone know where i can get this "chip" or how i can override the radio to recieve xm?
  • gowhitestripesgowhitestripes Member Posts: 2
    I am really close to buying an all black H3.
    I drive a lot so its a hard decision, but they look so awesome...
    I was priced the following at $33,695 ..minus.. $1500 ..
    '06 HUMMER H3. Base Equipment Package. Automatic Transmission W/Stabilitrak Stability Control, Trailer Hitch, Carpeted Floormats, Cargo Area Floormat, Moonsoon Stereo, Tubular Assist Steps, XM Satellite Radio. Black with Ebony Cloth Interior.

Can anyone help me out on how to get more off this vechile? should i expect more off than $1500 (they have a lot of black 06's on their lot) ...

I know 0% is nice.. but i want as much off the sticker too.. (obviously)
    (a)... can anyone use that supplier discount? is it legal for me to find one and use it? What other discounts can i get?
    (b) I drive a honda is there a competitor discount honda-to-gm?
    (c) How much can i demand off sticker? most GM models can go for sticker right (these days)?
    (d) Is the MSRP they have quoted too much for a base model?

any help??
    Thanks a ton!!
    ryan
    I bought my H3 used, with 9000 miles on it, for $27,500.
    It is not the base model though. Mine has the sunroof, leather, all the chrome doo-dads and 2 DVD players and screens. Personally, I feel that $33,900 for the base model is a bit high...but mine was used...
    Before I bought mine I looked around quite a bit and discovered a huge price difference between dealers. One guy had a base model H3 with 4500 miles on it, and he wanted $34,900. The dealer across the street had a base model H3 also, he was asking $29,900 for it, and it had 5000 miles. The next dealer I went to, about 50 miles away, had the one I bought, and we started haggling at $32,900.
    I guess the moral is, shop around..lol.
    Personally I would tell them you will wait for an 07 as it has the more powerful engine. No way would I even think about the 06 with this big upgrade just around the corner. As much as I like the H3 I am the current owner of a 04 Trailblazer and for the same amount of money you can do a whole lot better on a Trailblazer. Outside of looks there is a heck of a lot more meat to a Trailblazer than the H3. So unless you just have to have the H3 at least wait for the 07 as the engine alone is worth it but if you can live without the H3 you will like the Trailblazer a whole lot more. At least test drive one.
    News to me; here's a $49 chip from a year old blurb. Surprised to hear that all these devices have a socket to accept the chip but if your radio is XM ready, then this much be the ticket.

Try asking in the XM & Sirius Satellite Radio discussion too.
  • gowhitestripesgowhitestripes Member Posts: 2
    anyone else have more info in regards to 1040?

yeah i test drove one... but with 0% and money off.. im leaning towards the 2006... the 2007 would be way too much...

with so many still on dealer lots do you expect more than 0% for 5 years??

----
    also you can't really care about it now.. but a used one will bring along an interest rate.. meaning now you can get new ones cheaper than used ones (from what i checked out)
  • scalpelbladescalpelblade Member Posts: 7
    turboxs is making a turbokit for the H3. I cant wait!!
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Tracy,

the 'smoke' isn't smoke, but really 'fog'. The cold air from the AC hits the warmer, moist air in the car and causes the water vapor in the car to condense. This is normal, and actually shows that the AC in the H3 can cool the air to well below the dew point. Nothing wrong with your AC, in fact, it's an indication of it working pretty well.

It's sort of a neat effect. enjoy it :)
    brings back my first ride in a plane in the 60's. Plane going down runway to takeoff and all this smoke rising up off the floor. Scared the you know what out of me
    Please visit the new Hummer H3 GMID discussion for questions and help with the GM in the Driveway promotion.

Here's the link:

Hummer H3 GMID

H2 buyers welcome too. :shades:
  • bwdowneybwdowney Member Posts: 6
    When I try to select a 2006 H3 from the family frist site to see what the GMID price will be, it only has the H2 SUT available. However I've read earlier posts that people have used the H3 under 2006 vehicles. Wanted to see if anybody could help. I was trying to figure out what I would pay for the specific model I wanted. Or is the GMID cert. still honored by dealers or have they expired??